RE1 Differences

What's the best version of Resident Evil 1? What differences do the PS1 original and Director's cut versions have?

Director's Cuck is the only acceptable version of og RE1. It's got auto aiming and shit.

Aiming and hit-detection are busted, giving the game unforgiving difficulty. Not recommended.
Same as the OG PS1 version, but the FMV's are uncensored, showing Chris smoking, more gore, and color in the live-action segments. Can't remember if hit-detection and aiming were fixed. Decent way to play the game but it's a bitch to run on modern PC's.
Decent version with some fun bonus content that wasn't included in other versions.
Aiming and hit-detection are fixed, has some neat bonus content. Bretty gud version even though the cutscenes are still censored and Capcom falsely advertised it.
Game's atmospheric and neat soundtrack replaced by notoriously laughable garbage, which combined with the voice acting is an assault on the ears. Not recommended.
Excellent remake, probably the best version of the game.
Pretty much the same as the Gamecube version, with some nice improvements like 60FPS, but the prerendered backgrounds don't look quite as good when they're scaled up.

Almost forgot:

Good port of the game, but the new mode has some goofy tacked-on touchscreen minigames which some people actually like but most think it's shit.

REmake's zombies don't look as good as RE1's zombies. They're too glorified like in shitty horror flicks. Zombies need to be cold and stiff to be scary. The rest is perfect though.

Original PS1 and REmake on Gamecube. The only two versions anyone should care about if they're going to play RE1 once.

Also, what RE games can I safely skip?

The plot is retarded and the characters are paper-thin. You can skip any of them.

All of them. Play Alone in The Dark 1 and 3 instead. Clock Tower and many other obscure survival horrors are also more interesting than RE. RE is a bottom of the barrel, weeaboo pleb tier action adventure horror game with disgustingly bad writing.

They're skippable if you play classic mode, though. But the bonuses remain, such as:

It's the best version of the classic RE1.

for RE2, this dweeb gives a good and long rundown of all the version differences

I'm not autistic enough for this. Can anyone give me a quick rundown on these ports?

The video is the quick rundown.

Wait for the upcoming remake that is probably going to be garbage but might be amazing.
Otherwise, Dreamcast and Gamecube are best.

Yeah it's heavily dependent if you like touch screen at all but thank god they included the vanilla version with it. Would've been in my opinion the best version if the multiplayer included your partner's actual character model instead of a floating medallion but i suppose the DS just couldn't handle it/Capcom was too lazy.

Hm, I would suggest to play the numbered titles first and then maybe delve into some of the spinoffs. The only spinoff I would say to play with the numbered games is CVX because that was supposed to be RE3 originally.

These guys aren't even wrong, RE is pretty terrible if you are honest to god trying to get into the story, however it isn't a bad stepping point if you are trying to test the waters for survival horror in general.

I take it you are emulating, correct? Just play the dualshock version, it can't matter any less if you are trying to blast through these games.

Directors cut has the best OST out of any video game ever created. Nothing can top such a masterpiece.

Black label director's cut is the best way to play RE1, hands down.

Along with the original release, it adds an arrange version of the game that changes the camera angles and rearranges item placements. It also comes with training (easy) mode if you just want to experiment.

Greatest hits removes auto aiming making the game a horrible pain in the ass and changes the music for the worse, some of which is horrendously bad.

REmake is pretty but has its own additions included expanded/added areas, rearranged/new puzzles and new mechanics regarding enemies and level circumnavigation, i.e. Crimson heads, Lisa Trevor, and the Aqua Ring being prime examples. But in all honesty is all seems like unnecessary fat that doesn't add anything of much subsistence to the original which is a lean and well put together game with it's own unique low-poly atmosphere and bettering pacing, not to mention memorable dialogue and delivery and corny acted out FMVs with real actors

Everything after 4.

7's actually kind-of alright though.

Play REmake, 2, Code Veronica, and 4.

The rest are genuinely bad games yes, even 3 you faggots.

you just have shit taste

what was wrong with Code Veronica? I remembered it being pretty good when I played it on dreamcast