RIP PS3

gematsu.com/2017/03/ps3-production-ending-soon-japan
archive.is/OF9qZ

So with this latest news that the PS3 production is ending soon and Persona 5 next month probably being the last game to be released on the platform outside of sports rehash, what's the verdict on the PS3? It had a rough start but managed to get some actual games down the line.
The PSP hurt the amount of games it got though since nip devs would rather develop for it, and when the Vita arrived and we got Vita/PS3 multiplats it was just too late since the PS4 was around the corner. M$ exclusivity deals also fucked it up during its first half and it was pretty funny when Bamco decided to port [email protected]/* */ and Vesperia to the PS3 and nips broke their 360 discs in protest.

Other urls found in this thread:

metacritic.com/browse/games/score/metascore/year/all/filtered?year_selected=2017&sort=desc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

did it ever actually have any games?

If only the rate this happened would outpace the rate at which they get shat out.

Here's a chart. Decide for yourself if they're good or not though.

The 360/PS3 generation was one of the longest we've ever seen. What are you on about?

A plateau where there should have been an oceanfront cliffside.

Better than the PS4 not even having any console multiplats and most of its exclusives getting steam ports.

What a cancerous generation.
Are you fags going to support the PS4 just because it has slightly more exclusives and continue this retarded cycle of goyim buying a console before games come out, devs make games for that platform because of the size, and it getting the most new releases but still overall shitter than the last generation?
Let the industry die.

and move to the LE PC MASTER RACE XD?

I had fun with the PS3 but won't be getting a PS4 anytime soon. Aside from paid online and PRO version cancer, most of its exclusives get ported to steam so what's the point?
To bypass steam and denuvo cancer? Better just wait till it gets hacked and pirate games for it down the line.

t. someone browsing infinitychan on PS3?

Games are still shit.
The so called Master Race also belongs in the oven.

Wow, it really does have no games.

WEW

Do one for the PS4 version. Outdated since some of the games listed aren't exclusive anymore, but whatever.

It was a pretty good console. Not quite the giant that the PS2 was in terms of exclusives, but it has a respectable library.

Just some. I own one, was probably the least horrible out of the alternatives, but I wouldn't trade my computer as a gaming platform for anything. Some games are really pretty on it and the console is really durable, but that's pretty much the end of its pros.

The real generation of games Xbox360PS3Games started on 2011, i was on Xbox360 on 2011 and PS3 on 2012, PS3 was good also on 2013.

Before 2011 had some good exceptions like god of war 3 in 2009, Multi Dante Inferno and few other games in 2010, Metal Gear Solid 4 and Devil May Cry 4 around 2008 and 2009, Street Fighter IV around 2008/2009.

But only in 2011 the generation of Multi platform games, Mortal Kombat 9, Skyrim, Deus EX Revolution, Duke Nukem (I never played this name but this game have old history name and was to be considered AAA because of the name of old Duke Nukem 3D), and many others i forget started to be put every month thousands of games around 2011/2013 until in november of 2013 comes the Xbox One and Playstation 4.

I was on PS3 and PC around middle or end of 2012 with AMD 7950 and after GTX 780 around 2013

I'll get some use out of that chart

What a terrible console!It really amazes me how someone can go from excellent ps2 to that trash pile!

Can we call it the Nogamestation 3 again now that there are literally no more PS3 games?

Shiggy diggy doo, where are you?

If we ignore the sports rehash, yes. Japan has abandoned their PS3/PS4 multiplats now, so it really is the nogaemstation now.

Journey looks nice and all, but it's seriously way too short to justify even a 10$ pricetag.

PS3 was shit, when most of the good games of the gen were Multiplats that would run better on Xbox 360 or PC I just couldn't care, I regret buying one second had for $50. Gran Turismo 5 was a fucking joke, MGS4, just a let down, I still love that ending but too much of the game sucked, Demons Souls was good, can't wait to play that again on emulator since I only borrowed it. I think Dragon's Crown was the only other title I'm interested in but It's not a priority so I will wait to see if Vanillaware ports it to something else, Sony's western third parties are a joke, and why the fuck was Dust 514 a PS3 exclusive. I didn't care for Shenmue so I will probably never care for Yakuza, but if it comes to PC I guess I could give it a try.

That's not like a final list is it? what a joke.

RIP you were my favourite console after PSP

Y'all niggas don't know shit 'bout da Pee Ess Triple.

Got you covered!

If you guys disliked the PS3 I don't know how you're dealing with generation 8. Every game this gen feels like its trying to squeeze me of every last cent I have. Many games have giant mandatory installs and have 10GB+ day one patches. Politics are common in games now, admittedly this does make it really easy to identify the shitty games. There seems to be a direct correlation between the amount of real life politics a game has and how shitty a game is.

Man I hope this industry crashes.

OK.

My take is that Sony actually had to think more about their first party games and be more hands on, on games and on exclusivity deals. you can kinda see that now with the PS4.

It was a bumpy and rocky road for ps3 but for some reason it survived the 10 years like Sony said it would. Do anyone have the clips from their e3 where they said it will survive 10 years, or the system would be for 10 years?

I guess in a macabre way it did survive 10 years.

Also whom would have thought that the best selling rpg on the ps3 is Skyrim?

Me too, man. I think we'll see a technology/software crash in the next ten years, too much speculative investments and no-profit companies.

I hope you are right. Tech seems to run on nothing but hype right now.

I remember back at e3 2013 when people were nervous that consoles would die because of the DRM that Microsoft and Sony were planning. I remember being relieved that Sony backed out after the backlash Microsoft received. Turns out it didn't matter, video games are dying because games almost universally suck now.

Top selling games on PS3 are multiplats, it was completely expected.

this is bait

Yakuza and NG are there though.

the last gen had some solid games, it's just that everything is also on 360. like Vaquish and Fist of the North Star

PS3 / Vita emulation when.
I just want to play Disgaea without needing to buy the consoles for one series man.

Yup, this generation makes the last one look like the PS2, that's how horrible it is.

well sheeeeeeeeet

Yeah basically, Sony didn't have the arbitrary exclusivity of titles the PS2 did, because it certainly wasn't their games that made their systems worth owning. I hope this trend continues but fuckheads like Tecmo and Sega are being a bitch and not bringing their games to PC when cross platform is the easiest it has ever been.

Thanks Platinum for porting Nier Automata to the PC even though it has fucking Denuvo, but Denuvo can be circumvented.

Was it any good?

The first one is alright, but the second is trash.

Oh well.

Both pc and consoles have games that are worth playing so i dont see how consoles dont have NO GAMES.
Sure,the quality wasnt as good as the ps2 because sony went to appeal the HARDCORE CROWD but it still had some niche exclusives like the yakuza games,the r&c future trilogy and demon souls.

7th Gen was fucking trash thanks to 2007.
I don't give a shit about it and 8th Gen is even worse due to even bigger Jewish tactics and Microsoft and Nintendo not even competing with the kikes at Sony.

Soon

7th Gen was alright, however 8th Gen is fucking abysmal

Stop avatarfagging faggot

Thats mostly because multiplats play better on a PC and what used to be platform exclusives due to the simple fact that those games were Japanese or owned by Microsoft, are also coming to PC which already has its niche exclusives.

I don't think that's why it's shit, it's shit because of the larger uptake of middleware and standardized engines like Unreal 3, there's also the much closer hardware capabilities of the PS3/Xbox 360, Sony didn't have that harem of good devs to make their games exclusive anymore, that harem comprised of non affiliated studios that due to the landscape of the 5th/6th gen gave them dominance, their western studios were never good, THEY aren't owned by Sony and I'm pretty sure Sony's 1st/2nd parties are mostly western, off the top of my head anyway.

PS4 got where it was entirely on Microsoft's fuckup, I don't think Microsoft will ever recover though, Scorpio will be funny to watch on many different levels.

I wonder where the bottom is.

7th Gen was fucking trash and its highest selling game was Modern Warfare 2.
This was also the gen that made shit like multiplayer only console game focus, DLC, Microtransactions, Pre Order DLC, the standart.

Aside from really smaller releases and an exclusive or two 7th Gen was fucking trash.

Jesus

Each new generation of consoles sell less units and have less games.

Crash soon?

You gay niggaz got no ABAP games

U MAD BRAH?

Nigger, Skyrim sold like 6Mil copies on the PS3.
Shove Wikipedo up your ass

Ironic shitposting is still shitposting

You crazy ass niggaz

are you retarded? Each generation is pretty much selling double the previous and this has been a consistent and observable trend.

Are we being raided by cuckchan underage?

Muh nigga you're retarded

wii u being abandoned is due to incredibly underwhelming support and awful marketing. xbones mediocre rate of adoption is a mix of a wave of bad PR and a poor library but good support, and the ps4 is the fastest selling console of all time and has over 50m units sold. Pretty successful for being just over 3 years into the generation.

SADLY NO

RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDGE

If Scorpio fucks up it's going to be amazing because it's going to take the entire console industry with it.

MS exiting the market just opens it to companies with way bigger ambitions than MS like Tencent who have already been soft launching console like W10 boxes in China. China or Korea gets in the industry with shitloads more money to spend and Sony is screwed beyond belief. MS don't care. They will probably be providing the Xbox fork of their OS to Tencent or Samsung or whoever and moving more into PC Gaming (And there's going to be a lot more room as Valve continues to fuck up everything).

It would be the worst case scenario for Sony if Scorpio is a flop because effectively, it kills them too as shrinks the market value of consoles even further (Which is worth six times less than PC at the minute) and will just drive more the big spenders to PC gaming where they will stop buying multiplats on Playstation (Which is constantly losing exclusives to PC and Sony themselves are dipping their toe in the water with PS Now on PC)

It's going to be amazing next few years if Scorpio flops. Imagine a global console crash that ends the console industry.

Sony wins the console wars yet again it seems

It had a lot of good weebshit. I had fun for years.

I'm sorry
you said good weeb shit.
and then post one of the WORST GAMES. of all times.
You disgust me.
Ar No Surge is OBJECTIVELY a piece of shit game.

You forgot Chad Warden in your post

Good thing that the only opinion that matters is mine, no? One of the reasons why I never bother with game reviews.

I'd be sad if the console industry died. I only play single player JRPGs and VNs. When I see what PC gaming has become: I want no part of that.

WHAT

Skyrim sold 20 Mill total

It doesn't matter why the adoption rates are so low for both MS and Ninty 8th Gen, the fact is that they stupidily low, especially compared with their predecessors.
Indeed, but overall, counting with the WiiU and Xbone sales, its severely underperforming in comparison with the total volume of consoles sold last gen.

Wii won the last one
And the PC is winning this one by sheer volume of good games alone.

A platform for all kinds of games from autistic no graphics spreedsheets to autistic shallow Weebshit?

it wasn't as good as the PS2, but it was still the best console of its gen.

RIP in peace PS3

i heard pcfags are getting to emulate DeS at 15 FPS this year maybe.

SO TWICE THE CONSOLE EXPERIENCE??

Still gay niggaz, did you just google and take the first result without reading it?

You're right, it wasn't 20 Mil it was 30 Mil

Lol

You're a fucking queer.

By sheer volume alone, it wins.
You're denying facts over emotional reactions like a lefty at this point.

Reminds me of my friend trying to play GTAV on his PS4.

I still have the old PS3 "fat".
I guess I should work on finishing some games- not that achievements matter.

If I ever needed to buy a new/second hand PS3 (doubt I'll go back and play old titles, but you never know)- what model should I get?

wow, I'm missing out guys. What other PC exclusive coming out this year?

Nothing but garbage shallow weebshit with no depth
see, that works both ways

Doesn't work both way because PC exclusives are objectively shit

LOL

YOUR FACE LOOKS TIRED

You must be retarded. Go back to reddit, and stay there please don't come back.

While I liked what PS3 had available, PS2 was superior (if we don't include PS2 ports on the PS3).

IMO, anything you'd want to play on PS3 is on Vita (usually with more content), PC (hopefully without Denuvo), or if you're a madman- ported to PS4 (if you bought one like a moron).

Plus, depending how old the game is or how much you hate Sony might make it a lot easier for you to pirate.

Dragon's Crown, Red Faction Guerilla & Just Cause 3 are fun as fuck. Disgea 4 is great- but get it second hand on Vita (fuck NISA). There's half a dozen RPGs that are good for it as well, but they're getting ported.

I'm in the same boat- though more due to expenses and lack of floor space.

Maybe it's because I've been playing low-spec stuff on a potato laptop, but even my wishlist isn't demanding. Except Redout I think.

Though I am tempted to get an "above average" build just so shit runs smoothly if I do want something a bit more taxing.

It does work both ways because console exclusives are objevtively shit

On reflection, it was an okay system. I think where were able to more or less max out that interesting cell processor and even with the paltry ram situation, it got some good big RPGS.

I like RPGs so the game I'll really look back with fondness of that system would be Red Dead Redemption and Undead Nightmare. Apart from that there isn't any game really that I would dust off the system to have one more go at.

No its not because I can back up my claim with fact. How many PC exclusive you see here? fucking nothing
metacritic.com/browse/games/score/metascore/year/all/filtered?year_selected=2017&sort=desc

You best be joking nigger.

Was there a year Metacritic was ever right?

best be joking loser

THERE'S NO NEED TO DOWNVOTE A THREAD BECAUSE YOU'RE ASSPINCHED MY FELLOW user

Nice to know that you're a newfag

That's pretty much where I was at for the last 5 years.

Fortunately I spent almost all of Gen 7 on DS, so I've had plenty to catch up on.

Not an argument

Unlimited shitposting

Never, because Deus Ex doesn't have a 95+ score.

That post made me realize how shit the PS3 was for JRPGs.

>no LittleBigPlanet The first two games were great, fuck you

Is there a way to jailbreak the fucking PS3? I bought it for some of the exclusives that I was interested in, and then I realized that exclusive PS3 games are actually quite hard to find where I live.

Please explain these memes to me. I swear I don't get them.

Not everything is a meme you little shit, granted the only good R&C PS3 game was A Crack In Time, the others were all rather boring. I can't vouch for Into The Nexus as I've never played it.

There's worse places to spend gen 7 TBH.
Assuming you meant the regular DS, 3DS has a decent library as well- though some old classics are censored to hell and back.

Bravely Default (censorship aside) also falls apart in the last third. Crying shame, it'd have been my fave RPG if it hadn't.

It's just… they're combat focused platformers. That's the worst aspect of a platformer every single time, no exceptions. It makes no sense. And LBP is floaty as fuck.

Ninja Gaiden, Metroid and Castlevania want a word with you

has it been revealed how much of a difference will persona 5 have between ps3/ps4?

By the second game they were more like 3rd person shooters with heavy platforming.

I think they're great.

Sony is the current leader in the console market.
As soon as old man Nintendo goes the way of Sega, they can focus all of their energy on Microshit and drive them back into the PC only market. Then Sony will be king!

Notice how anytime console wars are present that sonyggers are always involved? Whether it be with xbot, nintendrones, or mustards, every single time it will involve a sonygger.

I think it's mostly that Nintendo and Xbox shills generally see Sony as their primary "rival".

R&C isn't challenging (unless you go looking for hidden stuff and 100%) but otherwise is pretty good. I'd recommend it, but the HD collection fucks up some of the visuals on Rachet & Clank 1 (characters pupils going inside the eyeball giving them a dead-eyed look).

No idea what the PS4 movie-remake is like.
Don't buy Into the Nexus, it's half a Rachet & Clank game charged for full price.
Quest For Booty is OK, since it's cheaper.

Yeah, no.

Because Sony always wins, you can't beat Sony

Any console thread is gonna attracted the fanboys from the other two to shit the thread up.

No matter what the thread is about, ignore fanboys- doesn't matter if they're gushing or butthurt. Respond to those who help the discussion.

These always felt more about movement and positioning than combat to me. Maybe not the NES Metroid, but Super and onward.

Heavy platforming? Guess I'll have to give it another chance.

So when are they going to start production of the games for it? I've been waiting for years now.

What ever happened to Chad?

FF13 was shit, dude.

It got some good games after awhile, nowhere near as many as the PS1 or PS2, though.
At least it's not as bad as the PS4, now there's a legit NoGamesStation.

R&C stopped being a platformer-focused series around the third game, it's far more a cartoony shooter than a platformer.

Not terribly IMO.
You get some neat moments (run through this segment before the timer is up, dodge these deathtraps) but the platforming is never tricky. If you take your time and remember how far you can jump, you'll make it. You don't even get moving platforms often.

However, there are some challenging moments (grind rails for example), but most of the challenge comes from the limited space you have when fighting enemies- and running out of ammo in earlier games.

Weebshit on PC are ports.Ports from consoles.

When PC fags finally start paying full price for weebshit and in numbers that can replace the Playstation/Vita audience THEN and only then PC will truly be master race. In reality the PS4 is saving weebshit, I was afraid smartphones would destroy everything.

Remember when people used to praise the shit out of these interactive movies and got usually slammed by reality, unlike today where they just get to circlejerk in their own forums?

LIKE YS OATH IN FELGHANA?

Considering the PS4 sold so well expect every game in the next 5 years to get a PS4 port, with the exception of strategy/simulator stuff. The power of x86.

How would I have spent most of Gen 7 on 3DS when it didn't come out till 2011?

Why are there movies on that chart?

I guess the PS3 really has no games then.

The Vita did it better and still is and mobile is still killing the market in Japan.

I'm sure your Gaf buddies will tell you otherwise

Motorstorm series, nigga
It's the only reason I'm hyped for RPCS3

ded online
literally

I only played single player anyways
The sp is fun enough
And I forgot about Wangan Midnight, it's also pretty cool

Reminder that the PS3 was the first console advertised as a PC Killer.

what an amazing way to go. it was truly a great console after the initial 3-year period of no games.

Top fucking kek. Literally only good game on that list of PS4 exclusives is Bloodborne.

Shen Jew is shit compared to Yakuza. Give it a try. I bet you would like it if you like JRPG combined with beat em up mechanics and loaded with side quests and mini games.

bloodborne is shit, the ps4 has at least half a dozen good games, none of them shitborne.

I still want to get a PS3, let alone a PS4. Shame on Sony for not making it backwards compatible!

But you can play PS3 games on our streaming service goy.

thats why emulators and piracy exist, to balance the jewery

Don't pretend PCfags haven't somehow managed to become the worst of the lot.

No, we are just better then you and always have been. Console kids are just fucking hilarious to laugh at.

Hello reddit.
/r/pcmasterrace is over that way

Whatever happened to being a good old fashioned idort that doesn't idolize platforms and just buys the ones with vidya you want to play?

They're not here. They aren't anywhere, go get some friends that just want to have fun and don't want to pick sides.

I was PC only before 7th Gen was even a thing.
Fuck out of here

They're the silent majority lad, you can see plenty on the Nier threads, but since the last PSX the board has been flocked by NeoFag and cuckchan Sonygger goyim, so console war faggotry, which is a bannable offense has been getting really prevalent.

The Switch general was full of these brand loyal cockcsucking idiots and I'm not just talking about the Nintentoddlers.

This is now a PS3 launch nostalgia thread.

Kill yerself

That E3 is honestly the most memorable thing about PS3.

fucking newfags

It's been over 11 years anons
And you can't say nogaems launch shenanigans wasn't fun

I just can't do it. I can't play Bloodborne. Too much marketing, ecelebs and cancerous fanbase.

Like going to a good restaurant located next to a concentration camp. No matter how good the food the atmosphere ruins it.

I'd like to see KZ2 and Motorstorm remasters with E3 2005 graphics