thecompactorguy.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=article&ArticleID=35
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Physics_engine
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

What did she mean by this?

that you should learn quaternions

>quaternions
AAAAAAAAAHHH IT BEGINS AGAIN

Will your game have memes?

I won't intentionally put memes in the game, but if people make memes out of my game then so be it, my game will have memes.

Games are memes, they're your idea that propagates into the minds of others.

R8 please. It's the first time I succed at doing something in blender without ragequitting. First one is from yesterday, second one is a little modification from 15 minutes ago.

this

I would not know what those were without the name.

Will your game be engineered to promote a viral memetic response?

nice low-poly vases, or are they torches?
I know they're not vases or torches
Practice makes perfect though

I plan on getting good but it was the first time I did not say "fuck it" and gave up.

That's such a weird saying. You'll never be "perfect" at anything no matter how much you practice it. Nothing is perfect.

Good shit then, don't give up!

Well, when you practice enough you start to lose perspective, and eventually you deem it "perfect" from your own perspective; i.e. flawed beings can deem something flawed perfect due their own flawed perspective being the only "reference" point (even if that statement of "perfection" is itself is a flawed opinion, as all opinions from flawed beings are in some way flawed).

how do i not kill myself
i can't find work with unity unless i'm selling my soul to mobile devs
i can't run unreal on my toaster unless i want 3-5 minute compilation times
even if i tried to make a game with unity for myself, i wouldn't have enough time to finish it

It took pixel 5 years of his spare time to finish cave story and he did all of it by himself, so I'm pretty sure you can do it too. Also sell your soul to mobile dev so you can make some cash and become the mobile dev millionaire later.

but 5 years is a lot of time
i'll definitely have killed myself by then

Why do you want to kill yourself anyway ?

Bitch that's nothing

unity does it in like 5-10 seconds

because i'm a failure in life and have no prospects for the future

You have the mobile game dev option dummy, go for it.

Get a job that DOESN'T make you hate gamedev (see: not a game dev related job), and then make a game in your free time.

Don't work on videogames as a job. Do something else, and dev in your spare time.

but it's the shit option
if i'm doing that i mind as well kill myself, it would be merciful

It's not a shit option, it a good way to end up very rich as you go along.

codemonkeys are not

user who posted posted slutjunkieconverter.mp4 in the last thread, you got the sauce?
Take this song as tribute.

but that's the route i take if i want literally everyone to hate my for being a sellout

You can't live on adoration.

No one knows who you are faggot, no one is going to hate you. Besides, if you ever get really loaded you will be able to make the games you like or give up game dev and make tech that could help people in the future, just do it.

But you can die of shame.

this

You're already going to kill yourself, why do you care ?

>DO IT FO' DA' MONEY! handrubbing intensified, EA approves
haha, nice m8

How about you save up 500 dollarydoos and build yourself a new toaster that will run Unreal. Then make Goat Simulator clones and sell on steam for 99 cents.

It's still selling trash like mobile games, but at least
1) You get to have more fun using physics as gameplay rather than thinking about server backend connections for your skinner box.
2) You get to earn more money (99 cent guaranteed purchases rather than praying to the Lotto God that some whale starts using your in-game item shop)
3) You can actually get away with shittier production values since unlike mobile consumers that expect AAA quality on their tapfest for free, Steam consumers are more forgiving of subpar assets as long as they're not too familiar as asset flips.

There's a difference between making a game to earn money to stay alive and being a complete jew.

i disagree

It's no different than classical artists that did commissions to earn bread money. You can create things you wouldn't personally want to make if you can't survive otherwise, anyone that thinks that shameful is out of touch with reality. There's also nothing shady or unethical about it in comparison to trying to trick or manipulate people into being nickle and dimed by you and cutting out parts of the complete game so they need to pay more to get the 'full experience'.

He's right though, jews tend to do unethical stuff to get more money when they already have enough to live. There's a certain other race that tends to be really poor and do unethical stuff to get by, though.

This. The Sistine Chapel wouldn't exist if Michelangelo hadn't "sold out".

mate, a few threads back, i was saying borderline the exact same stuff. i'd draw some sprites, and an user would then draw them way better in a fraction of the time, seemingly just to spite me. so i was, frankly, about to give the fuck up on all this shit and probably fucking drink myself to a coma or some shit.
i decided to say fuck it and did my own thing. when i'm bored, i'll just sit down and code some stupid little graphical element, like shadows and the sky or whatever, while occasionally working on the story in the background. sure, really, i'm probably only 1% done with my game, if not less, but who cares? i have time. i assume you do too. sure, it's probably gonna take you half a decade, or more, but fucking do it. and hey, you don't have to answer to anyone. wanna work on music today? go work on music, fuck it. don't wanna code today? cool, go do something else.

just saying mate, it's possible, it's doable, it'll take way longer to do it by yourself, but fuck me if it's not easier. besides, why would you ever want to work with other people? what are you, a fucking normalfag or something?

pic vaguely related.

mate, think about it. Platinum made some cool fucking games, right, but they also made shit like Star Fox Zero and the Korra game, just for the shekels. you gotta do it sometimes.

huh, yeah that makes sense.

Pic also vaguely related

Star Fox Zero is actually not as bad as some people would have you believe. Don't know about the Korra game.

test. Fucking JIM did you put some fat ass pig on the server again or what? I can't shitpost anymore.

Are you making a Sonic game?

No I need place holder FPS arms.

i see, well there's always some hand placeholder model you can download off the internet

opengameart.org/content/fps-arms-rigged-only
brackeys.com/?wpdmact=process&did=OS5ob3RsaW5r
assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/1040

Thank you for the links but I need to git gud so I won't be using them, I'm going to redo them until I get them semi right. I have to do something a level above the game in pic related.

How do you manage having mods for your game?

As in, how do you ensure save data doesnt get corrupted from mods being added or removed at the players whim?

This message :
For this guy :

Well, there's probably some type of corruption that will occur if they're changing any dependent files for said saves.
Thus, you could have a "log", or some type of bookkeeping per save; which specifies which mods were loaded when starting said game, and the last save that occurred (thus, they can change mods to the original, if they break it via adding a mod, etc).

Well at least I do have a tablet.

fuck i just want to create an art that appeal to normal people

yeah figure you'll want to train yourself using 3d modelling program, oh well goodluck then fam that pic looks pretty cute, it has that minecraft vibe

Thank you for the encouragements.

Itd be easy for each mod to track its own save data, like quest state or whatever, but then all the data for one save file ends up scattered across directories

To be honest, my familiar, It is possible to create memory genes in you video game, just make sure such event leaves such an impression as to adhere to a unique memory. I am shaking my damn head from the excitement that could arise from creating such a wonderfully entertaining moment.

Normal people subconsciously notice the incorrect anatomy and think there is something wrong with the art as a whole. Be glad they point it out, try to fix it, and improve as an artist.
t. one of the two/three people you have called loomisfag in the past few threads.

i meant per save, not per mod.
sorta like rimworld's mods, how u specifically load a mod in, and then play a game based on that.
Though, with a game that you load mods in mid-state (after already starting, etc) then you just track which mods were in the "original" save (starting the game, w/these mods, i.e. unbreak it via loading just those mods), and then the "altered" state (which mods u loaded after u started the game).

just look at pic related, its professional picture made by professional artist, yet they made it seem like they are the shittiest art in the world just because they made mistakes

they focused too much on the detail, they missed out the whole point of the picture

trust me normal people aren't that observant, i mean just look at the whole sjw thing in most media nowadays, its sudden, not normal at all, and yet they still consume it

Oh.
This is a really nice change of pace.

shaking my head fam

I already have that song, user :^)

But yeah, I have the source. The song is Slut Junkie by Pretty Addicted

Here's my personal favorite example of aggressive sexual female vocals.

It really is a nice platform with good features. As always, a shitty community ruins things.

It's an art critique board, of course they would talk about the mistakes. They're not supposed to behave like normal people, because that's not how they'll fix –heck, even just notice– those mistakes and improve their art on a technical level.

ew, moontoons

i know that user, but still a good critic wouldn't miss the whole point of the picture, plus they treat pointing out mistakes like a game, whoever can points out the most get the tendies, which is just wrong

say that to my face american piggu not online and see what happens

And Twilight is a book written by a professional writer. Just because it's polished doesn't mean it's good.

yet it's still popular and still able to deliver what its trying to say to its audience. Quality is subjective, you're missing the point.

Correction: perception of quality is subjective. Or as most people would put it, a lot of people have shit taste.

Quality is objective, people's taste is subjective.

Why is it just wrong? It's developing your ability to notice anatomy errors.

also not everyone like gory overly realistic art like you just posted, its technically good, but is it something normal everyday people consume? No, most people still prefer japanese manga style or american comic style, which is simple, and effective in their story telling.
Think bigger user.

or it could be that we are just inherently arrogant and biased with with our preference, that we think other people who doesn't share the same taste are stupid. Majority people aren not as stupid as you think. Plus they should be our main audience if we ever want to make /agdg/ popular and make gaming great again, treating them like an idiot wouldn't help at all

People taste dictates their perception of quality

There's absolutely nothing wrong with it.

Doesn't have to be gory, but it was an example of quality art.

Subpar art is acceptable, but you shouldn't act as though reaching for perfection is stupid.

Meyer was not a professional writer. She was a Mormon with no professional experience and she wrote a book for fun, not intending to publish it.

How about you make games for yourself instead of for an audience and strive for quality, user? Leave the appeal-to-lowest-common-denominator job to the AAA industry.
>tfw can't open the spoilers because at work for another 10 minutes.

What you're describing leans towards pandering to the lowest denominator instead of pulling it up. Making adgd popular could be possible by making sex games for furries, but I doubt that's what you'd like us to become.

Oh god, fuck no. I will abandon immediately posting on this thread if this shit is going to be the norm.

user but theres nothing wrong with being a furry :^)

Just think how easily those shekels could come to you user. All you've got to do is sign your soul away.

/fur/ tried to make a game as a group recently and it burned in a ball of drama within a couple weeks.

Oh sorry, i mean there's nothing wrong with developing your ability to notice anatomy error, but its starting to miss the whole point when they turned it into circlejerk, basically much like the concept of reddit. Good in theory

have i said anything like that? now you're just reaching

and why would you assume popular games are automatically bad? is it simply because they are the popular point of view here? We can also strive for both, popularity and quality.

jokes aside, what im trying to say is not to just target the same type of people like in 8ch again and again, we wouldnt improve and grow that way. Sure if you just want to make game just for 8ch, whatever floats your boat,but i'm aiming wider audience

we could also make any board popular by shilling on cuckchan and plebbit, like what Holla Forums does, but, unlike Holla Forums, we're actively trying to AVOID cancer. mate.

Proportions are fundamental to good figure. There's no point fretting on details when you have to go from scratch again if you want to make something that's actually good.

It's not complicated to make shit art appealing to plebs. Just focus on line quality, cleanliness and if you get the gist of using both hard and soft edges when shading you're ready to go pro.

on the topic of furry, here's a gem from drawthread

yeah i know there's always a risk of cancer when you're bring new people, but it'll turn into circlejerk when there's no new people either, i'd say a balanced way of doing things

yeah i agree fam

I don't assume that. Let me rephrase your points:
Your main audience should be yourself, and you should be as critical of yourself as possible. Just because you cannot be perfect does not mean you shouldn't strive to be perfect.

Started another character that totally isn't Makoto I swear, though she needs work. Her arms could stand to be redrawn I think and her tits are all fucked up.

brb, drawing furry smut

oh shit sorry fam, yeah you're right

daily reminder they can pull this shit off like once a week.

There's none.

Exactly.

That's nothing. I could live 2 years with that amount.

if i had a time machine i'd go back to when i was 17 and tell myself to not give up on art for code
artfagging seems so much easier and equally in demand as code

Should've made this image before posting. That's what they're supposed to be, but you can't fucking see them.

art is not easy

Even if it is, undertale sold like water in sandlands, so there is no direct relation between drawing perfectly and selling your product. There is really no problem in being perfectionist, but that is not a necessity nor a guarantee of success, more like charity.

It had good music, alright pacing, somewhat fresh gameplay and overall it wasn't too bad. The fandom ruined it, mostly.

only if you want quality
anyone can draw cheap enough shit for furries to buy
even simple graphic design pays well

At least you didn't consider putting 4000k bucks into bitcoin when they were traded for 2$ and pussied out because you were an insecure piece of shit.

muh DICK

definitely not fam, trust me when everyone assume that way, they will expect your art to be pristine perfect, done quickly, and in furry case can present their character as they should in their dirty mind.
i'm telling you its really hard. It took me 4 hours to just make one 2d asset.

exactly my point, art is basically the medium to express our idea to the viewer, what matters in the end is whether they get it or not. And whether we can communicate it as clearly as possible

i meant 4k

it sold because it catered to people who don't actually play video games and furfags, mate. those audiences believe that UT's art style is actually 8-bit, and as we all know, anything retro is hip and nerdy, and cool to like.

yea, but that's still more finished things than i've done in years

mate, you just have to be patient, and everything will be fine.

That's only because people are posting from the few highly paid degenerate artists out of the thousands who don't get jack for drawing furry shit.
If it's about making money there are tons of other subjects you can pick up that don't take years to learn and actually have value.

1. I am not very skilled when it comes to drawing so it doesn't matter much anway
2. I am currently happy with my life style even if its not the best but I rather prefer keeping and not "improving" it with the high cost what is very important - dignity.
3. When the men falls down to the decadence and rotting swamps filled with vile creatures it is very hard to get out of it. When a men soul purposeless wanders around in the swamp with no hope and all of it's dignity sucked away from the dark energy that the swamp aura emits from it will make the task getting out of here very hard when the vile creatures are hidden in those swamp surrendered around with large trees where the glowing sun and it's warming ray hardly manages to show itself due to the trees with their several big branches the hope for men is nowhere in sight. Vile creatures hidden in their caves spanning several branches of catacombs and their nest that as broods. It is much easier for a men to keep out of this swamp then entering and getting lost due to it's maze like nature, and so do I rather keep out of it.

4. For me the European Culture and it's heritage is very important as it shows what capability the White Men - the Aryan Race has created. It was once full of several castles some of these where more beautiful made then the others and other important cultural sites, each nation had it's unique way of expressing and publicizing their artisan craftsmanship people like Michael Angelo (Italy) , Richard Wagner (Germany) Michael was known for it's highly detailed sculpture or Wagner who was known for his highly skilled musician art. And these people and more were part of shaping the faces of what is known as Europa, Europa was also known for having several buildings that are not just made out of blocks but had a certain aesthetically style to them. I have to admit my art skills in general needs to improve much more and is not really comparable to the arts men of the older times, nonetheless money is for me not much of a important factor to strive for, for what? For maximum profit? No money has no real higher end goal or achievements to strive for. There is more to that for example the nations, it's people the culture and the history is what it is shaping the future and the face of the nation. When all of that is thrown away for the sake of money, for the sake of living a rather decadent life style then it is no more a nation with any unique style and it over time it will lose it's face and will have nothing anymore to stand out from the other nations, the people will become a grey mass because there is nothing unique about them anymore, it will lose it's sense and it's pride for the nation as it was used to be known for.

(checked)
Geeh whiz I wonder why probably they fighted over what fetishes should be built made first and their favorite fursoniggers.

i used to do web design for small companies, and seriously doing art for someone is the worst thing ever, you literally have to be able to read their mind to fulfill their demand. I had to do so many changes every few days about the graphic, while they don't really complain about the code because they don't really understand it. muh php

let's just hope we all make it user

I think it was mostly mismanagement. Ideaguys bossing each other around and multiple people working on the same things, and nobody can agree with each other on what to do and how/where to do it.

It's a pretty good case study for why you need an experienced leader who'll personally push the project and it's members forward and won't let anybody else have the megaphone.

Is there an archive available?

>>>/fur/16978

cringing pretty hard tbh fam

I don't see what this random assortment of pixels has to do with anything.

I can attest to this, project management experience and people skills are essential for any kind of project. I can't imagine a bunch of recluse degenerates putting anything together.

I'll let you guys in on something. You actually need two more things aside from being able to draw.
You need a good sense of business, because you have to make yourself attractive to your demographic. There's not that many artists who can easily charge a fortune for one drawing, itÄs a competitive market like any other after all. You have to make those autists WANT to commission you, and that's usually achieved by standing out and producing a shit ton of content for people to become aware of you.
Which leads to two: you need to actually enjoy drawing that shit. If you don't you will absolutely burn out and hate drawing trust me on that one. Maybe it's a comparatively easy job, but I reckon few of you would be passionate about drawing badly designed characters with glow-in-the-dark dog dicks for hours every day. Nevermind the fact you can't use your work in a resume when you apply somewhere.

Stick to game dev.

round things are best with 5+ sides with odd numbers being better than even ones as the with does not change as it rotates nearly as much. and sence i remember you saying its your characters first person hands i have to wonder where is the rest of him? i mean you clearly are not reaching any poly count limit you may as well add in your whole character model and if its just first person make the rest of it b4 adding cosmetic shit like first person hands.

LOL

I dindu nuffin mayne I wuz a guz boi I just wanted to write about random shieeeet. But jokes aside so are you saying that this whole text is cringe worthy and not a specific part? mhm.

Anyway to get back on game deving well I am planing to model a Nuclear Power Plant based on the Visagina variant located in Lithuania since Estonia doesn't seem to have anyway, one of my faction is supposed to have a lot of Estonian stuff more or less, I don't have much to show yet since I am modelling this thing right now. The other faction will be aylien based but first the Panzer Elite (I couldn't think of any better name so I just picked that one) Tier 0.5-2 stuff needs to be done before I redo the alien one. REMOVE ALIEN remove alien you are the worst alien you are the alien idiot you are the alien smell

Why must motivation be so hard to maintain these days?

Also why do Unreal and Blender have such different and incompatible control schemes.

>trust me on that one
How about some details, lad?

Why would they have anything in common? They're not made by the same people, didn't start at the same time, don't have the same purpose. Stop whining, those awesome tools are fucking free, i wish i'd have had access to shit like that when i was wondering what to do with my life, decades ago.

utter heh

What was the original picture?

kek

I was complaining for the sake of complaining.

In all honesty, I've been impressed with Unreal and okay with blender so far. I'm no stranger to softwares that have a lived long lifetimes so I understand how difficult it is to implement control scheme changes without pissing off half your user base, but at the same time, I can't help but wonder why Blender hasn't at least attempted to phase out some of their more esoteric control methods (the method of opening and closing multiple viewports as one such example).

I don't have anything spicy. I drew relatively degenerate stuff, built a small fanbase and then did some commissions, but I didn't do anything I didn't agree to. After a while it got grating until I kept putting deadlines off and eventually quit.
Drawing game dev stuff is a lot more fulfilling since you know what you're making it serving a bigger purpose. And should you end up successful it's better to do so with something honest.

This thread needs more gameplay gifs of WIPs.

Position of the bullet spawn (and thus also the firing effect) isn't fixed yet so it looks kinda sloppy; right now it just spawns on the hero sprite's origin. Next step will be to set bullet spawn coordinates depending on the direction the hero is facing.
(polite sage for doublepost)

opengl 1.1 is so easy

Here's my game so far

lrn2 programmable shaders, scrub.

Really, it's worth the extra effort because I'm pretty sure running 1.1 will soon be unsupported almost everywhere, if it isn't already.

Holy shit.

openGL 1.1 is one of those things that won't die because of lazyness(and that it's a subset of 2.0, which is still used quite frequently).
Also, I know how to make shaders to do this stuff, it's just so much easier to use fixed function, and I need to prototype relatively fast.

Alright so retail sim. I'm going to have a Container object like pic related. This is going to mostly be used for shelving mods and pallets, but could also be used for things like backpacks, carts, and even hands

Anyways, the idea was that you'd define a shelf space, it'd calculate its LWH, therefore volume, and it'd just accept items until the volume or weight capacity was reached.

However, some things like the top shelf and pallets don't have a maximum height, so they'd have a maximum capacity of 0 or infinity. Not sure how to remedy that. Would I just fall back to ignoring capacity until weight is reached? I don't want a ridiculous situation where a pallet has like 20 feet of items on it

How much shemale cock have you sucked today AGDG?

not enough

Keep up the work, then, one day, you to will be able to afford balloon tit "Cock so big it exceeds scientific understanding" shemales with tanlines that you fuck so much you turn pornstar bald.

Adam sezzler for example, is a prime example of the mainstream Tranny porn bald dude opposed to privatized CD-Traps that are more feminine. You know he's done crack lines of of Hormone cocktail tranny dick.

That said

PHYSICAL BULGE PHYSICS IN HYPER ANIME GAMES WITH REAL TESTICLE ACTION AND YOUR CHOICE OF BALLS BEING RECEDING OR SAGGY BASED ON ROOM TEMPERATURE.

like this?

A few problems that come to mind, namely objects that have a volume that can fit but dimensions that won't, or objects that have dimensions such that they can't fit because they're physically blocked, even though their volume is less than the available volume on the shelf.

Have a maximum acceptable height threshold and a maximum weight threshold, then treat the container as full whenever the first one is exceeded.

Too many hours to count.

Nah More like Holla Forums has a three way horny level, one that's straight, and the other when he's too horny, hot and bothered he enters the secret tranny room Holla Forums must never know about and becomes the Trans/v/ and immediately goes on thailand shemale adventures like the kind Bailey jay, Natalielovescum, that other trap, Sarina Valentina, and the Bald Muscle guy who fucks all the from tumblr to trap porn trannies who also post on Xtube a lot and do Chaturbate.

If Eirin's involved, it's probably because Vivian wants a sibling so he has to hatefuck her when it's not futa friday and all the girls get random penisgirl genitalia variants at random.

And I just invented a new trendy term, "Futa Friday".

It ill be like this one day, trust me. Tranny Tuesdays for crossdressing traps, and futa fridays for everything else + vidya.

And now for a new term
Futa-
Friday-
Frat-
Boys-
Or Frat-fuccbois.

he locked it to monitor framerate, an empty openGL program showing nothing but blue background should be +1000fps (yes, thousand)

That doesn't seem like an issue; if something is 20" wide and the shelf is 12" wide, it shouldn't go there.

I don't think I am modeling exact object placement on the shelf; only that it's there. With a well-stocked store, there'd probably be 10,000+ objects up and it doesn't really add any value to the simulation. Think of containers as tanks and objects as water

I don't know how to override XNA's frame limits.

For "historical" reasons, blender is full of shit like having to select with right click instead of left click like the rest of the world, as you realised the user base is used to it, and since "you can change any setting you want in the user settings", it won't change now (even if just this right click bullshit spawned many arguments inside the blender community over the years). There are some addons that make blender behave more like Maya or some other industry standard, but most of the users are used to blender's bullshit and would miss it if it were to go.

The more you use it, the more you'll be okay with it i believe. I've been using it for 10 years and i still discover some insanely convenient stuff now and then, it's actually a really powerful tool, learning it is just a pain.

I remember a discussion about making left click the default, but I guess in the end the autists won and had it remain right click.

The proposal was basically "new installs will start with left click as default, old installs will remain as they are and experienced users can easily switch it to right click anyway", but that wasn't enough for them.

Learning about economics is fun!

Disgusting.

3 hours? the fuck Kenya?

What book are you reading to learn about opengl?

Notice that it says nothing about the quality of the burgers. Maybe those 20 burgers are sewer burgers.

I tried too, but the constraints are ridiculous.
You could have picked a few more pixels than FF6.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Food_safety_incidents_in_China
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gutter_oil
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2008_Chinese_milk_scandal

I can't find the specific one, but there was one case where a meat factory or something had food that fell onto the floor and they just picked it back up and put it back on the assembly line. The floor was covered in dirt, debris, and raw sewage

As if kenyan niggers are going to have a burger 20 times the quality as someone in the USA or hong kong

Well that's another aspect of marketing and consumer awareness. Do they have perceived value of their burgers being good? I mean ours are going to be way better than their shit meat

Attempt at a flask, not textured, also it doesn't really look like what I based it on.

Smooth shading, user. Smooth shading …

What's that ?

He… he said smooth shading!

Hmm I guess I am going to leave it at that, I am a bit worried that I would have to redo the nuclear power plant again because it is way too big and I had to compromise a good amount of detail, the ground plate is on all 2 axis 40 Blender Units big.

SMOOTH SHADING
M
O
O
T

S
H
A
D
I
N
G

I D O N T K N O W W H A T S M O O T H S H A D I N G I S

HOW DO YOU NOT KNOW WHAT SMOOTH SHADING IS?
ARE ALL VIDEO GAMES RENDERED FLAT FOR YOU?

Give me a second …

Mate, are you some kind of dumbo?

Both have the same basic geometry.

Well you beveled the body and the original bottle is not beveled in the middle at all, your bottle neck needs to be a bit bigger and a tad higher in the length the cork is conical shaped.

I'm not using a book(though I have one for openGL 4.3(red book)).

Done, thanks.

It's not beveled. I created the left one, duplicated it, set the copy to smooth shading and defined the appropriate sharp edges for the edge split modifier.

Well let me help you with a approximate vector placed image, I hope it will become a bit more clear to you.

I didn't try to accurately replicate user's reference image, but his modeled flask from .

I know about the difference between the model and the picture, I first tried to model it like a whisky flask and remembered potions flasks were slightly different so I decided to take a few pics from google.

Yes, because I find the whole Aryan Race meme pretty arrogant. You're a monkey in shoes.

I like the idea of poking niggers with a stick for laughs just as much as any other guy, but jerking yourself off in process is pathetic. You're really nothing more than an organic robot, and clinging to large, abstract vacuous concepts like pride, morality, beauty without self-awareness and understanding that you're a speck of shit in the grand scheme of the universe is really rather silly - and I say that as someone who has an ego with a mass of a dying sun.

This is suffering

go work retail for a month, it's the best research for that stuff you can ever do.

I've worked at Walmart for over 15 months. It's what inspired this autistic mess to begin with.

now listen here bitch. Man must adhere to an ideal rather than worship primal urge. To become more of the super ego rather than the id. Now man will never reach to these lofty ideals as we will always bear our animal nature, and such nature give context to our ideals. But to openly mock what drives us to reach a higher level of existence to drive us out of the mud, to rise above animals. If we where to abandon our lofty ideals of honor of truth we will fall backwards into nature to devolve into animals. When the hopes and dreams of our future become a place where we will never hunger rather than one where we explore the stars. The future that we are reaching towards, as the pillars of our society, our ideals are torn down to make way for what? A place where we will all be slaves.

Not making full use of applied memetics is foolish, and no im not talking about slapping pepe on the title screen, im talking about making the game memeable so word of it spreads extremely fast, the easiest way of doing so is through character design

if i posted this on /loomis/, how many suicides would i trigger?

Maybe that barrel user can help you, he seems to know a thing or two about shipping containers.

Don't do it user, Holla Forums already has enough completely dead boards.

About as many as if you posted it on Holla Forums.
Oh wait

Ideals are subjective. My ideal future is the one where we no longer cling to childish concepts like ethics, morality and religion and start transforming ourselves using technology, whereas yours is masturbatory propagation of similar concepts.

Kill all niggers and muslims and become cyborg RWDS? Yes!!! Dehumanize ourselves and face to bloodshed, and sodomy

your ideal future is a place where men our slaves to mans base desires while denying any higher desire than emptying ones own balls.

I mean anything other than that is fake. At least my ideals are tangible and hardwired in the human brain.

Sex, drugs, and violence? Who wouldn't love indulging in that? To me, that's a culmination of honesty - realizing how primal your urges really are, and refining the ways you can indulge in them using our intelligence.

Well shit, that looks a lot better. Also, she's actually sized up to the protag from Secret of Mana, which had way bigger sprites than FF6.

What would a good format for a map?
Should I create my own?

Raw text

I had a format similar to just plain text, it looked kind of like this:
music:test.mod:vertex:5,6,7:...etcentity:entdesc:

Set the byte data directly with a hex editor. Every 3 bytes is a coordinate point. Scale appropriately.

I kind of mean like XML, json, messagepack, etc.

mhm, so you have a pretty nihilistic worldview, and rather prefer living in a world where everything is robotic in nature without any soul attached to them, let me guess even getting rid of nations all together? That sounds to me pretty communistic.

Aka in a techno-anarchistic society, yeah and how are you going to get people working on technology when they are too busy indulging in their drug culture? They just simply don't anymore since there are no more rules to follow because for you all higher values are considered as "childish" concept and thrown away in some trash can. And when there are no higher values to follow anymore then there is also no more structure that keeps the civilization intact, then the people will degenerate into forming thousand of several of tribes where nothing gets done anymore because they are too busy surviving and scavenging the remaining food. You compare to my concept as nothing but "masturbatory" when you admit it yourselves that consuming drugs all day long and fucking hoes is the only way worthy of living.

thanks

What's a good screen recorder for windows?

pic related

if you're uploading to jewtube, use fraps.
if you want something easy to upload and compressed, go with obs.

the innate desire of men to raise strong sons and beautiful daughters? To live around those who one can trust not to rob you in the night? I also cast down the false modern morality that destroys bloodlines famines and kin. i reject global christian morality and instead focus on the family > extended family> kin > nation. rather than the modern morality that demands that a man belongs no where and has no right to his inheritance. where its is acceptable for a man to drink his fathers inheritance, the nations that they fought bleed and died for. To piss it away because some kike said to. A man lives to serve his duty to his family. To pay the debit to his father by raising his sons. The debit for living in a safe society to be paid by maintaining it for the next generation. That a man should risk everything for the sake of his people.

aggy daggy, ladies and gentlemen.

so how many of you will have doggu endings in your games?

Doors and Windows done
Now need to make Door2 and Window2

And as always, YT comments ruin everything

Didn't Mark say to keep Holla Forums shit on Holla Forums?

Holla Forums would lynch me, man. I'm too much of a degenerate

I recently worked in a local television where the boss made me pirate 3d programs in order to creare small clips, logos and so on.
Not even reading his mind would have worked, because he had no idea what he wanted.

I've never been so close at strangling someone.

mate, i…

The comments were made a year ago, so it was only CY+1

There are not enough anime girls with question marks on their heads to properly represent my face in those days.
How do you even deal with retards like this?

Unless it's glaringly obvious, a lot of the time they just want to be in control

It's not that hard user.

i'm replacing modern ethics with traditional ethics. the morality of wolves. the morality necessary for a species to thrive. You acknowledge that we are of the flesh, that we are born, that we are sacks of flesh, but you deny our purpose. To produce more like ourselves. You consider sex joyful and stop at that you never dream of raising a family of your own. You would supplant your own longing for a family with drugs, sex, and violence. Petty thrills for what purpose? To distract you from your own hollow existence.

WHERE ARE THE VIDEO GAMES

i'm replacing modern ethics with traditional ethics. the morality of wolves. the morality necessary for a species to thrive. You acknowledge that we are of the flesh, that we are born, that we are sacks of flesh, but you deny our purpose. To produce more like ourselves. You consider sex joyful and stop at that you never dream of raising a family of your own. You would supplant your own longing for a family with drugs, sex, and violence. Petty thrills for what purpose? To distract you from your own hollow existence.>>12155906

video games are a myth
they don't really exist

Can anyone guess what I'm trying to make?

Dio simulator?

some naruto game?

could have had a fun guessing game, sound effects and text give it away.

A game where you play as DIO, and attempt to romance Sakuya Izayoi

No music = no productivity

Well I'm currently working on his character now?
Is there anything that could improve?

Make my ears bleed?
Dio was a shitty villain

Did you make that jojo FPS thread earlier?

Yeah that was me

Godspeed user, I've been wanting something like this since playing dishonored and getting the timestop power. though I'd recommend you don't make a jojo fangame. Make dio mode some secret easter egg instead, but make your own OC character and setting

What kind of romance are we talking about here?

is that porn?

Meh, the entire point of designing Dio was for the fangame title anyways. I just want to know if there's anything that can be improved.

HALAI SHIMAI!!!

John Carmack will review your code
Is he going to be impressed or not?

Don't you have a phone user, I usually use my mobile phone when I can't use my laptop.

This kills the Carmack.

I think I did my camera math wrong.

It's either headphones or silence, and my headphones broke.

It's a feature™

more progress

Probably. Depends on how much he likes it when people use his old toys.
I'd like to ask him why did he use quadratic curves in Q3 instead of just transforming sin/cos with a matrix created from the patch mesh.

Probably neither, haven't been doing anything complicated and coding in UE4 means there isn't much to go on.

Hopefully he likes my innovative and unique coding standards :^)

Anyone interested in posts about project management and other soft skills? Not an expert myself but a basic understanding is probably better than nothing.

damn i feel you dude, but now looking back at it, if we ever wanted to branched out to make a team rather than working solo, i think in the end we have no choice but to increase our pain tolerance towards dumb client/boss, especially since we are working with basically magical technology, and most wouldn't understand how hard it is

well maybe try to join some clubs user? something like soft skills need to be practiced in real world after all, management books only teach you something in a enclosed vacuum, which is hardly realistic

guys I just made a really sick caramel popsicle

try freezing honey

I'm allergic to honey

I've never heard anyone say anything positive about attempting the agile development method. It's a nice idea in theory if you're a team of 1, but if your team has 3 or more members you easily get bogged down into the shit every time you go back to the design step.

That was a dumb one.

this fucking thing.
THIS FUCKING THING
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
NEVER IN MY FUCKING LIFE HAVE I SPENT SO LONG TRYING TO FIX SOMETHING THIS INSIGNIFICANT
THIS FUCKING THING
IF I SEE ANY OF YOU MOTHERFUCKERS USE THIS SHIT EVER AGAIN, I WILL FUCKING FIND YOU

explain?

rate popsicle

was trying to figure out a dude's textbox engine.
right before a question with choices, you have to activate two scripts.
apparently neither of them actually trigger the question. it is, in fact, this fucking symbol, if used right before the question itself.
i just assumed that it, like all the other symbols used in the same way, set the voice of the character.
doesn't help that this nigger doesn't document his shit whatsoever.

even if it does, mate, changing the voice of a character would not magically trigger the question script, no matter how hard you wanted it to.

In my experience a mixture of theory and practice is the best way to go. If you only stick to what you know then the only way you can improve is by happenstance. And I'm including stuff like how to use version control in soft skills; I would not be surprised if some people in this thread did now know what that is.

Just using it as an example, agile is designed for utilitarian software, not sure how it applies to more artistic projects like games. I'd argue it works better with small teams, you can be sacrificing development time but reduces the risk of the end product being off the mark. I guess in game dev terms it would be something like having someone work a few weeks on a mini game in the original requirements only to find out it doesn't fit well with the rest of the game.

Agile is only intended for small teams. Agile wouldn't work with a team of X00 people. Basically you end up with Valve time, and we all know how many games Valve has put out in the last 9 years when they started doing Valve time development.

Enterprise were almost always my best clients for UI/UX work because they had upper management to answer to, knew what they wanted and would get you what you needed to get the job done - like user stories, requirements and documents. They didn't fuck around because then they'd have to answer to their boss and explain where the fuck their budget went.

Whereas every fucking startup had no idea what they wanted, would change their entire business plan every week, were embarrassingly eager to fuck over users for short term cash to the point were most of them would agree to completely butcher their product because an angel investor mentioned an idea. Not to mention clueless. I remember one client asked me for an on the spot estimate for a huge scope increase and I told him X dollars, wireframes in a month and then final assets sometime later. He said he 'could probably get the wireframes done in a week' - not five minutes later he asked me what UI wireframes were.

you're an insignificant
another perfect product of the modern education system that will probably do nothing of any consequence
I'm smart enough and been around long enough to judge people very well on little information. I think you've got some relationship with depression, once considered suicide but thought against it, probably think communism is "the way forward" but you "aren't that political about it" :^) - you have very few or no ambitions whatsoever. you probably wanted to be an artist of some kind but gave up because of the depression

you're probably a good person to be around though. a bit of a "normalfag" in most non-cerebral ways? sociable but enjoy being alone? I'd probably end up being friends with you

you notice all that, and i'm just bothered by the amount of tabs the fucker has open.

also, it's a 4/10 popsicle.

I was saying it's more effectively implemented as a team than alone.
And I have no idea what Valve is doing; agile leans towards hitting deadlines instead of features.
A lack of project management is what allows people like Tim Schafer to piss away 10x his original funding goal.

That and throwing a pizza party every fucking night.

Agile is useless alone.

Continuous integration/continuous development is a related concept that is useful at any scale.

what makes a good character design good? every time i see 2b design, i know its simple yet distinctive and memorable, popular yet obscure enough, ive no idea what the fuck is going on there and i cant help but impressed with it, job well done

frozen chewbacca poop/10

tbh fam i never really use version control , i figure i wouldn't need them since i worked alone, and usually i would just frantically panicked whenever something went wrong and i forgot what changes i made days ago

you're lucky then mate, i only worked for small business with basically no higher up stockholder, basically a startup lol

Discord because Gamedev League.

Reddit because JoJo subreddit. I was looking for translated Vento Aureo

Google because why the fuck not. Who cares?

w10 because the computer was a gift and I couldn't bother to revert to win7

Skype because girlfriend

utorrent because why not?

Chrome because it's handy

I honestly can't think of a single thing significant way in which I could be branded one.

ADHD, unmedicated

I'm fucking insulted. It's delicious

*single significant way

Don't know the context but paying office take out is a great way to get salaried employees to stay behind and work for pennies on the dollar.

Agile is about what order you do work in and getting feedback for it, unless you're talking about a specific implementation the number of people are just details.
A google search can explain this stuff better me so I'm not going to bother with the specifics.

Sounds like you should try it out?

user, she's a depressed loner

fucking run you dumbass holy shit
no i'm serious mate i've been there fucking run this bitch will suck you dry in the worst way possible
she'll fucking kill you, mate

No, it's actually pretty good - and she plays vidya with me, and is into traditional values. She actually got a job as a maid yesterday so it's like I'm living out my chinese cartoons as well.

It's not that bad.

agilemanifesto.org/

Regardless, most people in AGDG don't have a project manager or stakeholders to report to.

well you're gay

delete this

That website is just bullshit marketing some consulting firm made. The core of having a quick development cycle is better than 90% of what people default to. and I didn't come here to push agile specifically, more that project management is something worth looking up if you spending 3+ months building a game.

If your selling your game you're reporting to your customers. If it's a hobby, then you're at least responsible to your own standards.
Having something up and running quick can tell you if the game idea even works before spending months working on 3D models.

If you want to fuck that character, you know its good.

Have you ever actually worked on a large project?

Lit, colored, and depth tested polygons!

I fixed the texture.

I'm looking for an accurate bolt action rifle with a telescopic sight to work on next. The Mosin-Nagant, PGM Ultima Ratio, M40A5, Gol-sniper, and HK PSG1 have already been suggested but if anyone has anything else I'll look into it.

I demand Mosin

my second favorite rifle. An original H&K G3 rifle or CETME model C is by far my favorite in pure aesthetics and handling.

Too bad it doesnt perform as good as the FN-FAL

more 2b just for you user

but i don't want to fuck sonic or link

living the dream fam

I'm gonna need a lot of convincing to put in in game.

The FN-FAL seems to be a gun that a lot of people really like that isn't terribly common in video games. FN-FAL's need more representation in the media :^).

Can anyone in here actually model humans?

I'm a complete newfag who's at most made websites in html while in high school, messed around with 3DS Max, and did a couple level designs in the Unreal Dev Kit for a prject that went nowhere years ago.
I want to get into coding with the eventual goal of making a top down CRPG (probably ascii since I can't draw for shit) similar to Jeff Vogel's old Exile trilogy.
What languages would you guys recommend I learn as a warmup and then what should I try making the game in? I know a lot of roguelikes are made in C++, but from what I recall that's not really something a beginner should dive into

No.

There have been attempts

i just used makehuman and got a friend to split up the model into pieces for me

I wonder if that user tried zbrush? I hope he's alright.

fuckin working on it

i'm thinking about stealing the hl1 grunt models

I've tried ZBrush but I've been on the brink of suicide for about two weeks now, so I'm just trying to control my fucking jimjams right now, practicing art and fixing my sleep schedule after that one time where I melted on my table from having too much caffeine

It's a simple design but with high contrast where it counts, it draws your eye in, then fucks your expectations, so it stays memorable.

Haven't touched ZBrush since 4R3

I'm trying to figure something out

Assume this is for one tank, filled with water. The top image has a volume of 24 units^3. Because volume is conserved, if I shrank the height so it was 1 unit tall, how wide and long would the other things be?

What are you gay?

You removed X*Z*1 of volume.
You need to expand X and Z to fill up (X*Z)/Y where Y is the already lowered height.

Shit, disregard that. I read it as "I shrank the volume by 1 unit".
Give me a minute.

Yeah, that sounds about right.
I asked somewhere else, but got confused because I was treating it as in^3 to in^2 for some reason

Oh it's you! Well user, you could try a mango smoothie or a virgin piña colada while listening to Chuck Mangione, that always calms me down.

What video series do you guys recommend for those who want to learn how to 3d model?

whats with the zbrush meme? i used blender to make a passable human long time ago, i think it can do the job well enough

huh that makes sense, honestly this kind of thing really makes me wanna learn what makes a fashion stand out or human psychology in general, even most style in fashion show is a hit or miss, majority of them are a miss

but he has a dick fam, i'm really not up for a jousting championship

anyone that teaches blender

Alright, think I fixed it.
If you shrink Y by W, you need to expand the surface area of XZ by (X*Z*W) / (Y-W).

Doesn't quite work. Unless you do n=4, which results in a div/0 error

analyze me based on my screen grab

This is more my speed. I'm depressed and mentally exhausted, not necessarily angry or anything like that.

Okay, I remember what I needed this fuck for.

I was looking into cardboard, balers, and recycling as a side thing for logistics. All the stuff I could find on cardboard weight as approximately 0.026 lbs/sq ft, which was expressed in terms of area; standard cardboard boxes are 1/8" thick.

A generic 6030 cardboard balers will produce a bale of cardboard 60"x30"x48" in size, between 600 to 1100 lbs, but I wanted to find the ideal case of 1/8" cardboard. The problem was a bale was 86,400 cubic inches, and I wasn't sure how to convert to area to get the weight

Uhh isn't this like a grade 9 question?

Given you desire a volume of 24 units^3, and the new volume has a Y of 1, it's simply:

24 = 1 * X * Z
or
X = 24 / Z

simply choose an arbitrary (positive) value for X or Z and solve for the other.

well fuck me

Normalfag
Normalfag
Tolerable, at least it's not Java
Gas chamber material

It's not arbitrary, I wanted to preserve the proportions of XZ

I got confused because there is an apparent conversion between surface area and volume in what I needed it for and they didn't teach that. Like if you have surface area, can you assume it's the same volume, but with one unit in height?

I think your first thing worked.

Ah you want to preserve the relative ratio between Z and X? Then try:

24 = 1*Z*X
X = 1.5Z
then through substitution:
24 = 1*Z*(1.5Z)
24 = 1.5Z^2
16 = Z^2
4 = Z
and:
X = 1.5(4)
X = 6

Me now!

Okay I'm seeing 6 and 4 again, so it looks like [v = (x * z) / y] is the way to go

Again, the real issue is that cardboard is weighed as 0.026 lbs/sq ft, while the bale is 86,400 cubic inches and I don't know how to resolve it. I'm basically "flattening" it to the standard 1/8" thickness

Google, mate.

I like it because I've done clay modeling irl, so it's more natural way to work with a 3D thing but I just think it's less "shitty interface getting in your way" and more "actual artists tools". You'll have a waaaaaaay harder time making this gun in 3Dmax or Blender than in Zbrush.

forgot source
zbrushcentral.com/showthread.php?205697-Shadow-Warrior-2-Art-Dump

Use unit analysis:
V = 86400 in^3
t = 0.125 in
w = 0.026 lbs/ft^2 = 0.00018055544 lbs/in^2

V / t * w = (in^3) / (in) * (lbs/in^2) = lbs
V / t * w = 86400 / 0.125 * 0.00018055544 = 124.8 lbs

A cardboard bale absolutely does not weigh 124.8 lbs, otherwise two people could lift and carry it easy. We need a pump truck, ideally a power lifter to move it around. I got a much more sane 450 lbs:

But as a little complication, this site lists a compacted bale as between 600-1000 lbs per cubic yard.
thecompactorguy.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=article&ArticleID=35

if we were talking about an FN-FNC then i'd agree with you, that gun is a work of art. Both guns handle like trash in full auto but the G3 edges it out for me because the firing pattern is very regular compared to the FAL, the roller delayed blowback does that. I've heard people say the recoil is "violent" but they're just being pussies.

Uh the FN FAL is still the best battle rifle ever made (PERIOD)

M-14

Im a idiot, I just implied that you are right.

Accurate, reliable, powerful, solidly built.

if you're firing a battle rifle in full auto you're just acting like a retard. They all handle like shit, it's a fucking 7.62 cartridge of course it's hard to control in full auto. That's why all the countries that adopted battle rifles switched to 5.45 cartridges fucking immediately.

Funny how they got rid of full auto as well and went to burst…. but you forgot to mention it.

Sorry, I had to take a moment to collect myself….
implies that from a 60"x30"x48" cardboard bale, you can create an equivalent bale of 37.5"x37.5"x1" volume. I'm a little at a loss for why you went with this volume as you mentioned previously that cardboard is typically weighed at 0.026 lbs/ft^2 and that said cardboard is typically 0.125" (i.e. 12"x12"x0.125" cardboard = 0.026 lbs).

I take great grievance with your first and second step. I can assure you that X*Z = XZ*(scale^2) is not valid.

If your wondering why the mathimatical result is much less than what you expected, it's because your value of 0.026 lbs/sq ft is probably for standard uncompressed cardboard. The main draw for bailers is that they can compress cardboard tremendously thereby reducing the transportation volume. The consequence of this compression is a dramatically increased density of the cardboard, therefore using the value of 0.026 lbs/sq ft will result in the weight of a cardboard bale that is completely uncompressed.

Were you able to follow all that?

and I forgot the best feature of the m14, built in shoulder rest. Besides, the fire rate on the m14 is low enough that you can burst fire it no problem.

That's not the entire thing. Of course those values are off.
It results in a scale factor of 37.5 which increases the dimensions of X and Z by that amount. Thus, you get X=(60 x 37.50), Z=(30 x 37.50), with Y=1/8", or 2,250" x 1,125" x 1/8"

Why would compressing the cardboard affect the weight of the cardboard? If you have X volume of material, compressing it doesn't change its weight, just the density, which is an irrelevant quantity here.

The weight given on that site is for a completed, compressed bale, which is what I'm "flattening" to 1/8th to determine its material weight.

Sorry, I had to take another moment to collect myself again…..

To confirm, you mentioned that you found that cardboard typically weighs 0.026 lbs/sq ft and that said cardboard typically has a thickness of 0.125". This implies that a 12"x12"x0.125" volume of cardboard has a weight of 0.026 lbs. We can then say that the following are true:
12"x12"x0.125" = 0.026 lbs
12"x12"x1" = 0.208 lbs
12"x1"x1" = 0.173 lbs
1"x1"x1" = 0.00144 lbs
1 in^3 = 0.00144 lbs
DENSITY = 0.00144 lbs/1 in^3

Of course compressing the cardboard would affect its weight. Consider a big fluffy pillow weighing 100g with a volume of 1 ft^3. If you compressed that pillow down to the size of 1 in^3 without spilling out any of its fluff it would still weight 100g would it not?

To clarify, by "it" I am referring the bale of cardboard.

enterprise quality programming
Trying to avoid bundling map editor crap with the game.
I want to clean up this fuggin plugin, cram it into a DLL and never ever touch it again.

That should be 0.0173, but that's irrelevant.

I can follow along and see that yes, one cubic inch of cardboard is 0.00144 lbs on average, and that with dimensions of 60x30x48, an amount of 86,400 cubic inches, it should weigh 124.80 lbs. But that seems really light, and completely different from what I get going in reverse (I do see that my approach could be wrong but I can't comprehend it)

One thing I can do is scale it down to units, then I get 1.25"x"0.625"x1.00", but that's just in lowest terms and doesn't really help.

I'm basically trying to take the 60x30x48, except change the 48 to 1/8", while preserving the answer by scaling up the X and Z values. I mean, mathematically I should get the same answer you did

On the plus side, you can take advantage of having the same data handling eg de/serialization across both projects

Why am I fucking retarded

GOODNIGHT

I won't ever need that, but okay.

Oh.

I got 124.80 lbs. I think there was a missing step with unit conversions between feet and inches. Your fucking imperial system sucks.

Uhh if you're still awake….

60 * 30 * 48 = 86400
therefore:
l * w * 0.125 = 86400
l = 2w
through substitution:
(2w) * w * 0.125 = 86400
0.25 * w^2 = 86400
w^2 = 345600
w = 587.9
and:
l = 2*(587.9)
l = 1175.8
result: 1175.8"x587.9"x0.125" = 86403 in^3 (rounding error of 3 in^3)

Although that's for uncompressed cardboard. If we're working with compressed cardboard bales weighing between 600 to 1100 lbs, then:
M = 600 to 1100 lbs
D = 0.026 lbs/(1"x1"x0.125")
then
M / D = (600 to 1100) / 0.026 = 23077 to 42307
you could make 23077 1"x1"x0.125" volumes of cardboard out of a 600 lbs bale and 42307 1"x1"x0.125" volumes out of a 1100 lbs bale. If you wanted a length to width ratio of 2 to 1, then you could make a 15384"x7692"x0.125" volume out of the 600 lbs bale and a 28205"x14102x0.125" volume from the 1100 lbs bale.

Again, the website lists 50-100 cu/yd for loose and 600-1100 cu/yd for compacted, so I guess you're right about the compaction density shit. It looks like baling it improves density by a factor of 10-12 or so. Why the fuck do they use cubic yards, that's just another conversion step to do, fuck

Anyways, 124.80 lbs seems a little high, but that's assuming you pack every fucking free bit of space in that baler before pressing the button, so I guess it would be "ideal" in that sense; realistically, there's a lot of unused space per cycle so this seems like a sane, and mathematically correct value.

If I take the average loose and average compacted, it's an increase of 11.33 times, so I can assume a compressed bale weighs at most 1,414 lbs if every cycle is 100% full; assuming 80% fullness because of cardboard gaps, I get 1131 lbs.

So.. I guess that's satisfactory for me

Actually, to achieve the list average compression of 850 lb bales, that's only 60% fullness from the ideal 1414 lbs. That's pretty wasteful.

Hey look, compression space and density for balers, game mechanics ayyy

I'm implementing XML based level files, and going to sleep.

Anyone know how the vertex buffer stride works? If you have a huge stride will it apply to all the vertices till the next stride?

i forgot i was still part of this shithole, fucking god. why do these fucking retards idolize Trudeau so much?

yes

Dedicated taunt button

Finally figured out the textbox thing.
Also morality.
It's really easy, surprisingly, for conversations to have permanent outcomes.

Futa confirmed for not gay.

don't worry man your robot waifu is way hotter

wtf i love the current year now

What if he politely asks them to not do that?

just like all the liberals who politely asked Trump to resign?

knowing almost nothing about C++ and going into this with the ultimate goal of accomplishing this is probably the same kind of feeling Joseph felt when challenging the Pillar Men

Yeah but Joseph had Hamon, a gay italian friend, and the backing of the entire nazi army.
What do you have fren?

is that guy literally digging a grave for himself?

La ResistJam lives on!!
why though.

Many gay friends (half of Holla Forums) and the backing of the entire nazi army (Holla Forums)?

Burning passion for vidya

The point is the digging. I always had a ginormous boner for terrain deformation

I totally forgot about this.

DEFORM THE TERRAIN WITH THE GLORIOUS SPADE SHAPED TIP

Looks like a perfectly good victory screen to me.

me right now

how do i make one skinned mesh renderer follow the animations of another? in unity
in UE4 this is extremely easy, i just do SetMasterPoseComponent

but from what i can see in unity, both meshes need to use the exactly same bones for this to work
then i just do thisrenderer.bones=thatrenderer.bones
but this doesn't seem like it's gonna work in the situation where one of the meshes doesn't use all the bones. like it uses the same skeleton, but the mesh itself isn't weighed to some of it's bones since it doesn't reach them

At least your porn tab is e-hentai or sadpanda. is browsing furafaggity and no called him out on it.

pic related

Well why the fuck are you using Unity then? You KNOW Unreal is better, so what the… Or do you expect to make so many shekels from your game that you don't even want to let Tim get those little 5%?! Come on man…

well how about you try running unreal on a toaster and then talk back
the shit constantly takes up at least 90% of my memory
not to mention how many times it crashes for me while compiling
i like the thing but it doesn't work for low-end computers at all

Sorry man, i'm so filthy rich i sometimes forget there are some real poorfags out there.

OK, first, I believe you can set up Unreal so that it doesn't go full blown out special FX when you're in editing mode, some other poorfags have worked on that, have you looked into this a bit?

Second, how fucking poor do you have to be to run a rig unable to run Unreal?! Have you actually looked into how much it would cost to upgrade a bit?! Are you actually serious on that money problem? Or is it just a copout cause you prefer using Unity or for some other dumb reason? Please be honest man!

Prove you're filthy rich and give me money to buy an artbook

I'm going to make a game with an embedded openGL distribution and a C compiler and notepad, I dont need any fancy error checking!

i can't afford a laptop that can run unreal, and i can't get as much use from a desktop due to the lack of mobility
stop patronizing me mayne, i'm stuck with unity
anyways, this is what i've got so far
List bones = new List(); for (int i = 0; i < thatrend.bones.Length; i++) { for (int q = 0; q < thisrend.bones.Length; q++) { if (thisrend.bones[q].name == thatrend.bones[i].name) { bones.Add(thisrend.bones[q]); break; } } } thatrend.bones = bones.ToArray(); thatrend.rootBone = thisrend.rootBone;
issue is that for whatever reason it ends up looking all deformed like some modded shit from the sims. any idea why that's happening?

Map loading works!
sky 3,3,3 ent.xml 3,0,0 0,0,3 3,0,3 0,0,1 1,0,0 0,1,0

Wow

Welp I guess this model didn't turned out to be that bad. I just need to give it some teamcolor and uh texture 2 then it's done.

Through maybe I should use another painting program instead of 3D Coat as it doesn't seem to give much choice when it comes to pure diffuse painting hmm.

An artbook user? Seriously? That's what you'd want for Christmas?

Hahaha OK good luck mate!

Sorry for the patronizing parts, but get real man, you're not "stuck" with Unity, you CHOSE it over Unreal, i was just curious about why, i'd have been interested in your answers, but whatever, that's also your choice not to answer me, good luck anyway.

i chose something that works over something that has 5 minute compilation times and frequent crashes, and long startup times
if it wasn't for that, i'd definitely be using unreal, i like how open source it is and all the free shit that comes with it that actually works rather than requiring me to look into code from 9 years ago to get it to work

What, you do everything in C++ in Unreal? Or does it actually take you 5 minutes to recompile a Blueprint? Even recompiling some Unreal C++ can't take that long even on the worst toasters, i'm having a hard time believing you! Shit man, you won't tell me the real reason you're "stuck" with Unity, le why?!

i'm in a course that requires me to use c++ for all the important shit, blueprints for minor shit
so yeah i'm fucked with it
blueprints work fine, but i can't make an entire project with blueprints alone
so for my course i'm gonna force myself through slow comp times, and for actual gamedev i'm using unity

What's a good C/C++ physics/collision engine stuff.

s/stuff/library/

like a generic game engine or something specifically catered towards physics?
take your pick en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Physics_engine
otherwise if it's for a game that can have physics, unity/unreal work fine, but not nearly as good as that shit that nvidia does for demos

I have a pretty fast laptop for devving at college. Recompiling Unreal's c++ when I make changes to headers takes a few minutes for me as well. This is normal. Write more code between compilations instead of hitting F7 every other line.

slow compilation times are just the start of my issues with it
for whatever reason visual studio and unreal refuse to work at the same time
VS fails to build if unreal is running
unreal's compilation tools either takes longer than VS or crashes the engine
so everytime i want to recompile something i have to wait for the engine/VS to turn back on
i know this sounds retarded, but this is on a freshly reinstalled laptop, the stuff just doesn't want to work right with me
meanwhile VS works just fine with unity

Are there any serious benefits to using bullet physics over newton dynamics? I've used newton before, but bullet is more common, so I'm not sure.

Yeah, I'm turning 20 on the 21st and I just want to get something nice, like an artbook

does animay count

Oh, well.
Happy early birthday, user.

thank you

Can someone compile bullet physics for me?
Win32, SSE2 optimizations

I hope my check is in the mail fam

but what if the bullets are flying left?

Then you move the world position right instead

quite the roundabout way of doing that, ain't it?

That's a load of bullcrap right there; you know it as well as i know it, but whatever man, you do you. Good luck.

Nah. You just get gradually less shit until you can make people think you're good.

but you literally can't famalam
blueprints are limited compared to c++
not to mention how inconvenient they'd become if you need to make a large chunk of code
if you want to make a project entirely out of blueprints, you can, but it's guaranteed to not be exactly what you'd want it to be

Wut?

Socks are limited compared to shoes. Fucking moron, you're not supposed to go either C++ or blueprints, you're supposed to make a smart use of both at the same time, you use the one that makes sense where it makes sense!

Yeah i don't trust you to not make spaghettis, with or without blueprints.

This is out of your ass, this is "stuff i've read about online" tier, fucking get a clue, and stop talking shit about shit you have no clue about!

and i never said otherwise, i said you can't make an entire project out of blueprints alone, you're gonna have to use c++ sooner or later
can you make a blueprint class that a c++ class can inherit from?

But that's just plain wrong, blueprints are enough for most projects, you'd have to include some really special tech to absolutely need C++ for your game. Can you give me ONE example (except key rebinding) where you absolutely need C++ for any project? What's true, maybe, is that you're often better off using SOME C++ mixed with your blueprints instead of going full blueprints.

I think i can, i wouldn't bet money on it i admit, but i believe there are some ways to do that, but seriously, why would you ever need to do that? It's supposed to work the other way around : you make C++ classes, and make blueprints that inherit from or include (components) those classes when and where needed.

Honestly, with the addition of dictionnaries and shit to blueprints common data types, i don't see why anyone would touch any C++ in Unreal until they're really advanced into that shit, that is, until they hit the limits of blueprints.

I create my game in Unreal and use C++. Not for the "important shit", but rather by combining the best of both worlds.

Blueprints are fantastic for rapid prototyping, but those graphs get a real pain in the ass really fast. They are very inefficient when it comes to space. I'm not talking performance here, but how you need a lot more nodes than lines of code to produce the same result. Math is particularly bad in this regard.
Suppose you do some calculation that requires you to add up four values. In blueprints you need the following nodes:
The equivalent C++ code for this is:
result = a+b+c+d;
This is just one example, but Blueprints have the tendency to get out of hand a lot faster than code does. And then, once they do, they have another weakness.
Unlike with code – where you can just insert a line anywhere – you can't just insert a node anywhere in a Blueprint graph without running the risk of messing up the layout and thus the readability of the entire thing.
There are some things that you can't do in a pure Blueprints project, because parts of the Unreal Engine API are not exposed to them. There is a dedicated class to deal with issues like that called "UBlueprintFunctionLibrary". I use it to expose engine functionality I need in BP when it's not by default. There aren't many cases though.

Simple classes like doors, ladders and elevators are done using Blueprints. Complex classes like the player character are done like this:
Pic related is my player blueprint. You wouldn't know how complex that motherfucker is from the Blueprint alone. That's because it's only used to wire up the C++ logic. Pic 2 shows that. "Can Sneak", "Start Sneaking", "Is Sneaking" and "Stop Sneaking" are all part of the C++ base class.

I don't think that's accurate. Look up Ben and Ed. A guy I know knows the developers personally and gives me some insights into their development processes, since he knows I'm working on a game too. The entire thing is done in Blueprints, save for the Steam integration. And that's something you don't have to add to your game.

I'm looking for some advice, anons. The idea of making a game keeps coming back to me, but the last time I tried I gave up on it because learning everything from scratch was so daunting. I'm not very moved by programming language, and I don't aim to reach engineer levels of understanding on that field either. That's not my goal.
I want to pick up on the simplest tools I can to build on some rather simple concepts. Also, my computer is shit, it's a fucking potato, so I'm guessing avoiding stuff like Unreal engine would be for the best.

I was thinking of learning a bit about C# and use Unity as an engine. How's that sound for a complete beginner?

if i want to i should be able to. the point is that blueprints are clearly more limited in functionality compared to c++
shit projects :^)

Unity and C# are nice for beginners. If you want to do 3d, that is. I'm sure there are better (and most importantly lighter) engines for 2d that are easy to learn. I'm the wrong user to ask though.

XNA is deprecated, MonoGame replaces it. Both are suitable for low requirement 2D games, and the 3D suite is serviceable

if you want to use unity you're definitely gonna have to learn how to code properly
it does work well on toasters though, at least for me

Small correction:
What I meant to say was:

And you still haven't been able to give ONE simple example of that. On what occasion did you find blueprint weren't enough for whatever you were making? I'll be waiting for your answer. Meanwhile, other unrealfags can listen to the wise shit here :

This user talks about shit he knows about.

3D is a pretty important aspect of what I want to do, yes. And since Unity is mostly free, that's also a plus. I suppose I could fall back on stuff like GameMaker if I'm feeling really desperate?

well i wanted to make a blueprint class and then inherit from it with a c++ class, isn't that enough?
now due to this horrible lack of convenience, i'm forced to do it the other way around
but the main issue is that blueprints are bloated as fuck, c++ is a lot more condensed

don't people learn switch function before classes and structures ? Whats the educational route that leads to this

in our c++ classes we couldn't use switch for anything other than ints
that's different in c#, but maybe yandev was retarded and didn't know that

So your argument against "yes you can make a game with only blueprints" is that you can't use c++ when you're not using c++? Brilliant.

Networking has a bunch more options when using c++, as someone else said post-compilation key rebinding requires c++, and that's about the only things I can remember off the top of my head ever requiring c++ for (though I use it more than that).

you could use godot and be doubly fucked because there are almost no tutorials and the next update breaks compatibility.

by not using you mean not being allowed
my argument still stands

You do you man.

Blueprint scripting is actually the same as real coding, it just displays it fancy.

For the other anons starting on Unreal, know that you can have clean blueprints with very little knowledge and discipline, just learn about blueprint macros and functions.

but he's basically enumerating the cases in which the game games over and enum is interchangeable with int. Oh well, was never interested in yandare simulator anyway.

well i should be allowed to put my socks on after the shoes
i don't see any cops stopping me

Making a game is a marathon man, it's long, and hard. No cop has to be involved for people to want to put socks before shoes if they have to run a marathon.

but what if i put my socks on, then shoes, then another pair of socks?
WHAT HAPPENS THEN?
i can still run the marathon, yet i'm wearing socks outside of my shoes
prove me wrong fag

mate, drop the metaphor for a second and realize how retarded your argument actually sounds.

not really
i have a c++ class
a blueprint class that inherits from it
but then i can't make another c++ class that inerits from the blueprint one
this is bullshit, i demand a refund

Shit, man, that's too many socks for me, you win this marathon. All heil flippy floppies! If any other user wants to know more about unreal and c++ vs blueprints, i'll still be there, and do what i can.

No user, your argument was that you cannot make a game with just blueprints or without being unable to do a lot of things. Other people told you you were wrong. You then reply that you cannot inherit a c++ class from a blueprint, so you are right. What you brought up is completely unrelated to your original argument. Stop being retarded.

but muh socks and sandals

SHOEFAGS BTFO

how will they ever recover

Help

KEK CONFIRMS, SHOEFAGS ETERNALLY BTFO

C# why, I gave you two bytes

topology practice

#wow #whoa

It's literally a byte[] that accepts an x, y, and a string, and writes the string's char values to the byte array. Every other byte is the foreground/background color, with a 0-15 index for the top bits, and a 0-15 index for the bottom bits.

Actually rendering it is pretty expensive, though. I draw it to its own texture, but I need to do a thing where I only update specific draw regions.

go back to reddit

he didn't do a very good job in shilling fam, rip

Took me 4 hours to remember how to rig bones into a mesh, get them to work properly and have them work on Unity
3 out of the 4 hours were because i didn't know i had to keep the armature modifier, i always applied it before importing the mesh on unity

There's some overtly obvious memory corruption in here. Right?
void loadMapFromXML(const char* filename) { rapidxml::file xmlfile(filename); rapidxml::xml_document document; document.parse(xmlfile.data()); rapidxml::xml_node *currentnode = (document.first_node()); while (currentnode != NULL) { if (strcmp(currentnode->name(),"engineinline") == 0) { loadEngineInline(currentnode->value()); } if (strcmp(currentnode->name(), "mapgeometry") == 0) { rapidxml::xml_node *verticenode = currentnode->first_node(); std::vector vertices; std::vector colors; while (verticenode != NULL) { if (strcmp(verticenode->name(), "vertice") == 0) { char *vcopy = new char[verticenode->value_size() + 1]; memset(vcopy, 0, verticenode->value_size() + 1); strncpy(vcopy,verticenode->value(), strlen(verticenode->value())); char *ptr = strtok(vcopy, ","); std::vector values; while (ptr != NULL) { values.push_back(strtof(ptr,NULL)); ptr = strtok(NULL, ","); } assert(values.size() == 3); vertices.push_back(glm::vec3(values[0],values[1],values[2])); } else if (strcmp(verticenode->name(), "color") == 0) { char *vcopy = new char[verticenode->value_size() + 1]; memset(vcopy, 0, verticenode->value_size() + 1); strncpy(vcopy, verticenode->value(), strlen(verticenode->value())); char *ptr = strtok(vcopy, ","); std::vector values; while (ptr != NULL) { values.push_back(strtof(ptr, NULL)); ptr = strtok(NULL, ","); } assert(values.size() == 3); colors.push_back(glm::vec3(values[0], values[1], values[2])); } verticenode = verticenode->next_sibling(); } PolyObject *p = new PolyObject(glm::vec3(0.0f, 0.0f, 0.0f)); p->setGeometry(vertices); p->setColor(colors, true); std::unique_ptr ptr; ptr.reset(p); manager.addEntity(ptr); } currentnode = currentnode->next_sibling(); } }

same case here too fam, takes so long to make everything works the way it supposed to be, and i used to set myself deadlines

is that a jew face? the nose could be smaller

It's clearly an Australian.

Well, I suppose it's better than lorem ipsum.

what are you trying to make fam?

i dont think australian have that classic hook nosed look mate

A grocery store simulator
Except that I don't know how much autism to put into the simulation aspect (eg if you change the sign color, are your signs persistent so that you need to order more and have employees change them, or do they just magically change color like in RCT?)

I was trying to work on the modular shelving units but I was having a hard time visualizing it, so I wanted to draw them, but I didn't want to have 3000+ draw calls to draw the pegboard backing (since I didn't want to use a texture, just primitive draw calls), and then I wound up making a shitty ASCII terminal

i've no idea how often i used this image on agdg thread already, but goodluck then fam

Why are you using xml?
Do you like to suffer? Do you enjoy dealing with cancer? Are you just retarded?

new to this thread fam?

Speaking of new and this thread, where's new thread?

We're on page 14

When you post picture of dead monster girls :^)

i think we are just going to slowly descend into the abyss mate, its been quite a journey

Hold me, user, I'm scared.

Pic related.

Give me a second.

FRESH BREAD