Subnautica Thread

Haven't had one of these in little while. Watcha buildan? farman? exploran?

New update few weeks ago with a bunch of stuff. Made the game a little harder. Here is the latest build.
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:BC48620053EB70183D2D9382B860E8C64EA48A58&tr=http%3A%2F%2Fbt.t-ru.org%2Fann%3Fmagnet&dn=%5B%D0%92%20%D1%80%D0%B0%D0%B7%D1%80%D0%B0%D0%B1%D0%BE%D1%82%D0%BA%D0%B5%5D%20Subnautica%20%5BP%5D%20%5BENG%20%2F%20RUS%5D%20(2014)%20(build%20957%20(45367))

I lost interest because I'm forced to look for the blueprints again.
First playthrough was fucking magical though.

Hmmm maybe I will try this later, thanks for the magnet OP. Have a bump.

This is the problem with early access/patreon/perpetual beta.

I will play a game to see all of its content in its current release, and then it becomes a chore to see the new content. The developer is encouraged by their backers to keep adding new content with little regard to integrating it with the rest of the game, so the pacing/progression is often sacrificed, if the game gets completed at all.

Just hold off playing it until it's done, problem solved. It's not like there aren't hundreds upon hundreds of top-tier games out there that you haven't played yet, so I don't know why you'd rush off to play an unfinished early access game and then complain that it isn't done yet.

This game is fucking rad, and it seems they intend on putting in a story mode, so that's cool. I really like how so little of the game is RNG, because so many crafting/survival games are. I hope they give the cyclops a radar ping like the seamoth has, because it is impossible to see where you're going in the inactive lava zone otherwise. I had to turn on visualize depth and abuse the pop in just to find my way out of there.

I like it, but I'm burnt out on this genre so I'm waiting for it to at least get to v1.0 before I invest myself in it. And they have to add a fucking FOV slider so I don't get sick playing it.

I like how they're dealing with the player progress in the recent updates, they're actually forcing the player to get out of the safe shallows comfort zone into other areas.
The new areas are great and exploring is still the best part of this game.
The problem is: they've removed most of the Leviathan Reaper spawns, I haven't even seen any near the front part of the Aurora, which was one of the spookiest places in the game because of the 3-4 Reapers and pitch-black waters, and now it's just empty.
That's the one thing this game lacks: creatures that can fuck you up while you're in the cyclops (or at least force you to leave it). Apart from the Sea Dragon, the only creature that poses a threat to you inside a cyclops are those fucking lava snails that suck your batteries and you got to kill them if they stick to the cyclops.
Now about 60-80% of the map is safe until you get a Cyclops, which makes the game 95% safe.

Other than that, the only thing that will keep you from progressing quickly is the same as always: knowing where to look for blueprints, titanium, silver and stalker teeth (which are now easier to find). Just pick fuckloads of titanium, get a scanner room quickly so you can search for sandstone and make a farm.
The game still suffers from low framerates even with a decent rig.
Also, I've never seen a game where the creators manage to break so many shit that was working perfectly in past versions than this one.

you playing the recent build? there is like 4 reapers there, then 3 more in the dunes. Then a bunch of bone sharks, electric eels or big prawns in the other areas. found it annoying at times when im exploran comfy-like and some thing attacks my seamoth forcing me to keep moving.
having weapons would eliminate the huge change from being scared shitless in a seamoth/seaslige to near invincible in the cyclops. but the retarded devs are anti-gun.

get the cyclops and nothing can touch you. Also, was it intentional to give the cyclops infinite energy? Because I built a powercell charger in there and I just rotate them out and haven't run out of power yet.

I'm playing the experimental build, no Reapers in the Aurora, only on it's backside. There's one near the mountains, the rest are in the dunes.
Most of the map is now just populated by reefbacks.
I hope they'll revert these changes since it made exploration in the early game kinda tedious since I knew nothing could murder me.

Just bought a VR headset last night, going to pick this up soon

I don't know if they'll patch that out, but I'm sure they will as soon as they make the promised Cyclops-base connector, especially now that there's a better battery blueprint.

I've been playing it a fair bit recently. I'm still not really sure where I stand on things like the Reaper's and the Sea Dragon as things I can't do anything about. For me these games are about two things exploration/finding things and becoming more competent in the environment. I get that you are supposed to feel scared/weak at times but I never feel that way about things I'll never be able to overcome. The Reaper's and the Sea Dragon are just meh, I don't go in Reaper zones until I get the Cyclops and I don't take it far enough into the ILZ for it to matter just take a b-line with the PRAWN. For me the stalkers are a far more interesting part of the game than any of the other predators. The point in the begininning where you get a knife and start dueling those fuckers in the forest is probably my favourite part of the progression, it always feels kind of sad when I get the stasis rifle and just start slaughtering them.
Also since the update I am having a problem where when placing lockers on the walls of multi-purpose rooms some walls take 4 lockers and others only take 3 and it's driving me nuts, partially because I'm not 100% certain that it's not just me placing them wrong.

Have they fixed the problem with save games yet where the game gets more and more laggy each time you save unless you manually delete the cache? Also are save games from previous versions compatible with new versions?

That's not part of the progression, though.

WHAT THE FUCK

WHY ARE THERE REAPERS IN THE SAFE SHALLOWS NOW?

Thanks for the magnet.

Sometimes they wander. There is a zone really close to the safe shallows that has them now too.

Still waiting for full release.

is there more silver yet? silver grinding was always the slowest and most annoying part. also fungal samples werent dropping at all last i played. threadly reminder you will never dive trimix at 200m then spend 9 hours slowly ascending a shot line with dozens of deco tank stops you mixed yourselfthreadly reminder you will never kick up silt in a wreck and drown trying to find your way outthreadly reminder you will never have to stress over sharing air to get your buddy out alive because he sucked his tank dry twice as fast as youthreadly reminder you cant even get an aneurysm or make your lungs explode in this gamethreadly reminder good realistic diving game/sim never ever ever ever

Because its not a fun?

Every single cave in the northern kelp forest has mass amounts of sandstone outcrops.

As said, that shit is just not fun.

boo fucking hoo

I liked it better when it was just a comfy reef exploration game tbh.

Pretty comfy game would il say.

bump

Didn't they remove terraforming because they couldn't fix their shit?

More because they want port game in to consoles.

Unity can't handle that shit on a world of that size.

Will we see some truly alien fishies? Most of them look like something that could have evolved on earth.

How is the Lost River biome? And the Lava one?

Have the devs stopped being incompetent faggots yet?

That's because most things that evolved on earth came from the Ocean first so yeah anything in an ocean environment would generally be what would naturally occur on other earth from first glance barring certain things like "flatness" or uncanny length for gravity. If you want truly alien creatures you need truly alien ecosystems otherwise they'll just look like weird or mildly exotic animals.

Because you keep tempting them over.

Have the devs fixed Reapers being able to smash you through the seafloor causing you to fall endlessly into a black abyss?
Have the devs fixed the framerate issues with building bases?
No wait, they are holding elections on the forums to see who is the best contributor
Fucking priorities right there.