Mount & Blade Thread

Mount & Blade Thread.

Rhodoks. How do I deal with the pesky fucks? I swear the forces of these mountain gypsies are specifically geared to countering an invading army.

If you can't beat em', join em'.

Rhodoks are pretty much the turtling army. You'll need good tactics to counter them. Try hitting their crossbows with cavalry or fighting in melee behind a hill where they can't shoot you. I find that telling your cavalry to follow you in close formation works well most of the time. You can park your archers on a hill and let their infantry come to you. When their archers are exposed, charge them from the side. I don't think they have any cavalry so they can't do the same to you.

i got one tip for u, swadian scum

git gud

Grab some nord troops and rip into them with axes.

FUCKING

Why so slow?

fuckin rhodies

swadian knights, swadian knights, swadian knights
wow u win great game

Git gud, either that, farm shit and get your warband mixed units.

Is bretynwalda good? Is the dlc version better?

confirmed for never having conquered rhodoks

Give your troops some flimsy blocks of wood, and congratulations, you now have a forcefield protecting you from all projectiles.

there was actually a mod that let you put a pavise shield on the ground and it would stop arrows from hitting you while you could shoot behind it
but i don't think anyone ever bothered to make it work for the AI as well

you're right, they don't have to, their troops are so bad they get slaughtered by 1mph knights

warsword is pretty fun
with a fast horse and long lance, farming trolls between chaos and empire the levels come so fast it sounds like you're playing cymbals. easy way to get high tier troops too

Fun? Why don't you be a real man and play against other players?

Comes down to the same really, you either lance shit or snipe until someone gets you in the head. And that's if you can find a semi decent server.

Well, killing players is usually more satisfying than killing mindless predictable bots, you know. I feel that part about the server, I used to have multiple low-ping servers running Native and Persistent World, they all died because Warband stopped being hip and cool in this third world shithole. Playing with high ping really isn't an option.

Exchanging lances and blows are intimate interactions, I understand why you'd feel embarrassed. Still, improves gameplay by tenfold.

talking native here

Bring your cavalry up the damn wall, bitch. I will pump you so full of lead that I will be able to use your femur to draw a dick on your tombstone, b*tch.

Sieges are terrible and you can cheese them hard by stacking crossbowmen/archers. In field battles, cavalry rapes everything. You don't have to defend your bad choice of faction, or your bad choice of game.

I do have to defend my castle, niglet.

Defending isn't needed when you can demolish the enemy before they siege.

Go play your monkey ball or sing your hippity hop on the corner or whatever it is niglets like yoursrlf do. Your simian intellect is no match for my erudite prose, bitch.

Super Monkey Ball is an amazing game though.

May or may not be there. If you emptied the trash bin you're screwed.

the one and only reason this game got popular in the first place was the massive amount of quality mods.

The only reason you got popular was the massive amount of diseased semen in your ass.

Name me one other game that does the same thing M&B does.
protip:Maybe you can. Surprise me.

oh i get it, you are a poorfag who pirated it and now totally buttmad because u cant use mods

I'll have to defer to your expert opinion.

As in medieval open world, proper semi-realistic combat system? Nothing.

But native is still way inferior IMHO, AI is so stupid, just blindly charging you every battle, atleast with mods you get proper AI battle formations and tactics, like if you try to being cheap attacking a castle or town with full archer/xbowmen army the AI actually sallies out and tries to get you to melee, in native you can just abuse the shit out of everything.

I guess its a matter of taste, i have like over 1,500hrs on record since 2011 and i only used native for MP.

Rivers, cliffs, rocky terrain, heavy forest, village bottlenecks. Troops up against the literal map edge.

Define the thing you're looking for and we'll see.

I hope bonerload will live up to it's hype, and so does Kingdom Come: Deliverance
But yeah, native isn't perfect but the framework of the base game is good, shame nobody really had any interest of expanding this type of open world.

Hate those places, it will make your cavalry sitting ducks since their speed is reduced to a crawl, making easy targets for archers while the footmen engages in a wet-armor brawl in the river.
Ever consider the horses? if you got stuck in the river while riding your mount, it will slow-down your swings (if using 2-handers) and make your lance useless (the shit that makes infantry piss in fear), and archers will have an easier time targeting cavalry since you're on top of a horse rather than fighting at the same level with the footmen

Rivers a shit, they're worse than the steep cliffs the Rhodoks got. Actually come the think of it, they're even worse

Conqueror 1086, Defender of the Crown or even Lords of the Realm have common elements with M&.

Rhodoks are nasty because they've got great shields, like hammers, because the AI doesn't respect most solid objects in relation to weapons getting stuck on shit and finally because the crossbows are nothing to scoff at. But seriously, get some nords or even certain sarranids up close and you'll wreck them most of the time.

They cant break these men i have, nothing like watching a varangian guard hack down a crusader

Just picked up Warband (again) and Viking Conquest from a sale.

What mods do anons recommend for someone who's already played the shit out of native?

Dallying out has actually been to my advantage. I put infrantry in front, cavalry behind them, and then archers last when I siege. My archers not only destroy those soldiers trying to stop my tactic, but it's usually individual soldiers or 3 at a time against my shield wall of Nords. They're numbers go down so fast.

Multiplayer

what's the best wild-west mod?
i remember there was some spergy drama going on with one of them, haven't really tried many out

The best wild-west mod is in the base version, not the Warband version
Warband version is worse since it has only a fraction of the original's content or polish
About the drama, i never really heard / cared about it really

Did you ever read the lore, or listen to your companions? That's EXACTLY what the Rhodoks are. They used to be part of the Swardian empire, and had to find a way to defend against their cavalry charges without having cavalry themselves, because they were A: too poor for horses, and B: living in an area where horses don't have a good time (read: mountains)
Thus, a general called Grunwalder came along and tought the peasants how to form a shieldwall that will withstand even the greatest cavalry charge, and the Rhodoks gained independence. He lead his troops into battle, but eventually died. The Rhodoks built Grunwalder castle where he fell, IIRC.

How uninformed are you niggers?

This is generally good advice. The reason Rhodok infantry is so good is because they all have board shields, even their crossbowmen do. Thus using axes to soften up their shields and possibly manouver around their defensive lines is the best option.
Never attempt to fuck with a castle full of Rhodok sergeants though, unless you want to spend hours and hours of softening them up with archers and crossbowmen.

God this reminds me of how much of a failure Napoleonic Wars is.

Huscarls are pretty good.

Try Gekokujo, either Sugoroku or GekoNewer submod.

What are some lesser known mods that are decent? I've been playing The Last Daysa LOTR mod and I've been enjoying it. I really like how they replaced gold with reputation, so each faction basically has a different currency.

I was thinking that plus the ability to manage a party and the RPG elements. You're not wrong though. I still got a lot of enjoyment out of native but playing without mods is pretty bland nowadays.
Speaking of mods
WARSWORD UPDATE WHEN?

See above.

Oh hey, I actually played that when it came out. Funny how I never thought about it while playing M&B seeing as it's really quite similar in concept.

Every time.

GIT
GUD

This reminds me of why people like the french and germans are all such faggots. The good men died in wars.

It's cyclical and happens to basically every country that prides itself on military prowess. All the alphas go off to die in a war and all that's left is the betas.

can someone post the info images? like they detailed how to make money and such. thanks.

Is it still the same literal /vg/ shit in the vein of all their morgh's based 20 minute edits?

In what, vanilla? First you hunt some searaiders. Then you tourneyfag; only loot if you don't care about honor and plan on starting your kingdom in a different area. Mid-late game you transit into founding highest profit manufactures in cities you won't be warring with in a long time and hunting nobles and noble tier troops for ransom.

You can also trade but that's even more of a grind and you're not getting any XP.

Any rumors when/if bannerlord will be released?

losing the armored beast that absorbs 90% of hits to cavalry is never a good idea

"sometime 2017"

Thanks user.

How to win vanilla:

Important combat tips (vanilla)

alternatively

*tell the lords to wait behind you while you fight, you don't want them running off and dying

also

well that explains the pikemen (as an aside, shields don't do shit to stop cavalry, pikes do). Doesn't really explain the crossbowmen which are Rhodok's real focus though.

I don't know which dipshit pushed Rhodoks are muh wops but I'd like to shove a pike up his ass and prop him in front of Schweizertor.

Why? What good qualities does that proto-feminist cunt have?

Sort of true but no cigar.

*nvm

huehuehuehuehueuehuehe

Scouting. She also gets along with the other heroes he mentioned, unlike borcha.

I find scouting to be useless imo
I'm still mindboggled of how she is black yet is a Nord in the same time, that character is really out-of place in M&B

???
What if i want to train my companions into a Steppe bowman?

AYO, SO YOU BE SAYIN, WE WUZ VIKANGS N SHIET?