Turok 2: Seeds of Evil Remaster

Just thought i'd let you know that the Turok 2 Remaster is out today on Steam and GOG.
They Changed the levels to make then "Less cryptic" but as like they did with the Turok 1 remaster they will release the unedited levels when the level editor comes out.

Also it didn't say on the store page it's self but I got a discount for owning Turok 1

Other urls found in this thread:

gog.com/game/turok_2_seeds_of_evi
gog.com/game/turok_2_seeds_of_evil
steamcommunity.com/app/405830/discussions/0/135511757695213567/
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=885625877
volafile.io/get/M8SWVHYSPEXW/turok2seedsevil151gog.rar
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

actually I think the discount is for everyone but it's not showing on the store page yet.

LINK TO THE GOG VERSION WHERE???

gog.com/game/turok_2_seeds_of_evi
Here

Also if there is enough Support Night Dive said they make PC ports of Rage wars and Turok 3 which never had PC versions.

You know what i meant…

gog.com/game/turok_2_seeds_of_evil
I some how fucked up the link

Did they add a functional online multiplayer mode? BewareOblivionIsAtHand.

yes they did

If I remember right, Turok 2 had a lot more going for it than 3. 3 was very, very short. I forget which one had the better multiplayer, I think it was 3. Does anyone know if they made the multiplayer work online?

Disregard that question.

LABYRINTHIAN

Otherwise the redditors who use Steam would give the game low scores.

Here is a Quick Web of the multiplayer.

Is Disney going to earn money from this title? Don't they own the Turok IP now? They're responsible for that shitty reboot that came out in 2008.

You niggers never played Turok 2 I take it, the game's levels were massive, and looked exactly the same in many parts with no discernible landmarks. Imagine the catacombs but it's been cut and pasted into itself several times.

dont introduce such evil thoughts into my mind man

So far I only have 2 Complaints

1. The game starts off with Hints enabled which puts big ugly exclamation points that you can see threw walls. but at least I can Disable that

2. They upped the Gore levels and went a little over board with it and gave you no option to Change it back to the original gore.

why arent fps games gorey and bloody anymore? i remember playing soldier of fortune and turok thinking the future would add flesh/blood physics and crunching bones… and the violence would get awesome.
instead we have vanishing bodies or hilarious ragdoll physics. everything is just so tame.

how am i supposed to contain my blood lust? the hd isis videos and cartel videos are nice, but i need it in vidya.

You know the more i'm thinking about it the more it's starting to Piss me off. They said that this was going to be the definitive version of Turok 2 but having the Option to change the Gore to it's original levels is such a basic thing that should be in the game, and in the N64 Verison you could make the Blood Red, Green or disable it.
I appreciate all the effort they went through to Remaster one of my Favorite games, but the fuck were they thinking when they decided to Change the gore and not let anyone change it back.
It's probably going to get patched in later, but it should have been there in the first place.

Shadow Warrior 2
NuDoom, but that one is pretty shite

#!mkNnBa6C!HjhRwkygY0t__UHcWDvR6jM3ZLcDZG8JWf35ONjtYiE

GOG?

IGG

So it's a Steam version or it's a GOG version?

It's a custom installer, don't worry i checked it out and I detected nothing and nobody else who used IGG is filing virus complaints or alarms. Anyways just did a check and yes no blood options in the menu.

OK, then. I hope I'll be able to patch the game and not download it again.

Dunno

Git gud

20 yuros but got -25% for this month.

Will probably check it after Automata. Any word on modding support?

Turok 1 got Mods after the level editor came out Webm Related.
I imagine the same will happen with Turok 2.

Fucking brilliant
I really hope System Shock turns alright

It's looking really worrying, especially with what appear to be an emphasis on "horror" along with poor weapon feedback
and sprinting got added in

That's fucking sick if only I didn't pirate the game (I don't have an updated copy with the level editor), it's not like Nightdive are a bunch of horrible SJW cucks or anything so I'll probably buy them both here pretty soon.

Pretty damn nice. They seem like they genuinely wanted to make a good remake, meaning that they don't completely fuck up the game and only enhance it and make it look better. This is how a proper remake should be done.

When blood and gore stopped being legit animations with textured 3d models and sprites and instead just turned into shitty little particles effects that's just the same 2 or three bloodsplats flashing in a faux 3-demensional manner.

Well all they've shown us have been early builds, I'm slightly hopeful
SS was always an horror game
It was just a cheesefest due to the production values/budget.
They also have a Techno soundtrack besides the shitty orchestral, thankfully
Nigger, all the feedback you had from the OG was a hitmarker and some staggering from the enemy sprites.
And while the melee on this one ain't great, thr fucking Sparqbeam was a treat to use in the demo, especially due to the fact that it had 4 firing modes and all its shots would make a burning hole on the enemy models.
Why is this a bad thing?
This isn't an arena shooter

Its still too early to judge, but they're doimg shit right and following fan feedack for now at least.
People complained that the UT4 trailer they showed was too dark and they immediately said they're fixing that as the trailer was a proof of concept to show how the game looked in UT with the models they used on the Unity engine.

Its still too early to judge it, at least for me.

Here's Gggman's review.

GOG still doesn't have the level editor I believe.

Child/teen me navigated it just fine until the cave level with the blind people and the mantis level.

I've played several hours of it and so far it's a really amazing remake. Going back to the N64 version is a really hard pill to swallow because of its poor, dark graphics, wonky controls, and choppy framerate, among other issues. This one fixes almost everything, though I wish they did have an option to keep the gore the same as it was in the original (honestly I kinda like the increased gore though, more games these days need high-impact violence).

Is there still plenty of mist that enemies come running from?

I just watched that review posted above for the mist and didn't see any.

Both the Turok 1 and the Turok 2 remakes feature increased drawing distance.

Nope. The fog is pretty-much cleared although there is some noticeable at a long-distance, which can be chocked-up to engine limitations and not so-much incompetence on the dev's part.

It helps the game's playability tremendously, as does the improved framerate, controls, and hit-detection.

There's also online multiplayer which is a bit chaotic with the increased player count but still a lot of fun, there's even an option for splitscreen iirc.

Its a fucking Remaster you niggers
This isn't a different game from the OGand they didn't start from scratch.
Learn the difference

This is how you properly remaster a game, Kaiser (the guy who reverse-engineered the game) is a fucking wizard and you should support him, i hope he finally releases his port of Blood (even if he does it illegally like he did with Powerslave).

It looks over-saturated. Was it like that before?

Bugger, that was part the fun.

Yeah this and how croteam readoes their games is how it should be done, Works and looks great. I'm definitely getting it.

Yeah it was 3manycolor5me because of the age it was made.

Borges would not be proud.

Is this the year of games?
Theres so many games this year I don't know what to buy.
And we're only 3 months in

Bought a copy. These niggers make good work.

Of course it doesn't. If they can't shoehorn their paid mods platform into it, it can't be modded at all.

The level editor doesn't actually need steam to work for Turok. It's kind of a mystery why the pirated GOG version doesn't just have the Steam version inserted into it since there is practically no differences between them. Or even just a cracked steam copy instead of GOG since Dinosaur Hunter doesn't have multiplayer.

Neir:A, Overlord, Styx, Factoria, Atelier Firis, maybe La Mulana 2? Are there more?

No thanks, I'll stick with my N64 version for now. If I see it at $10 or less I might consider it. It's cool to know they added both the PC and N64 soundtracks, though.

Nioh, Gravity Rush 2, Breath of the Wild

-Butterlord
-Sonic Mania
-Division Normandy 44
-Firepro Wrestling
-Nier Automata
-Ace Combat 7
-Ni No Kuni 2
-Serious Sam 4 its this year I just know it
-EDF5
-YsVIII
-Spellforce 3
-Tekken 7
-Sudden Strike 4
-Routine
-Endless Space 2
-Blitzkrieg 3
-Xenonauts 2
-Rising Storm 2 eat shit Gibson
-Ultimate General Civil War
-Atelier Firis
-Shenmue 3 and the remastered ports Sega has been teasing
-System Shock Remake
-Baldr Sky hopefully this year
I FUCKING LIVE VIDEO GAMES

Ew

I bet you don't even emulate Goldeneye faggot

Not really, I guess it added to the atmosphere for some people but I always found it to be a nuisance.

Is that supposed to be a smarmy remark or something, I can't read sarcasm? I already own the game so, no, I do not.

And some people have the audacity to say that Original hardware fanfags aren't fucking cancer.

As far as the gore goes I'm honestly perplexed on why anyone would want the comical N64 blood pooling back I can understand a desire to tone down the blood and have gameplay changing blood options but really if you stuck around and blew an enemy in half an animated pool of blood would come out and I've always remembered Turok 2 for those moments since when you're missing that one god damned little nook or cranny hidden by the mist you start to get creative in playing around with the bodies and enemies.

We're talking about games that are already out.

No, I wasn't refering only to already released games in this post

I'd call you an idiot, but that would be pointless, that fact was implicit the moment you said you bought a N64

I finished the game as a kid on N64.

Gore levels look the same as the N64 to me. Was there a difference in gore levels between PAL and US versions? I played PAL.

That cave level was some bullshit. IIRC there was one crucial lever that opened some door that was hidden halfway up a wall in a small nook you had to swim to, and the lever hardly stood out at all from the wall textures.

So far I'm happy I bought this, with the 25% off launch discount and the additional discount for having Turok 1, it was (almost) a steal.

Oh fuck I forgot I played the shit out of this with friends once upon a time.

What would be fucking sweet is if Nightdive somehow managed to resurrect the planned 4 player co-op for the campaign that was in the alpha version of the original 64 game. Acclaim cut it because it ran like absolute dogshit (no surprise) but maybe they had some code lying around somewhere…

The Devs said themselves they upped the gore.
t's really noticeable when you shoot a Raptor with the pistol the blood gushing out is at least twice as big as it should be. also the are now Red streaks all over the walls and floor which are a nice touch but when you blow the head off an enemies and the fall the blood pool they leave is a far Darker red then the red then whats left on the floor and walls. it's not the worst thing but the option to change up would be nice.

If were lucky we'll see something like that come along when the Level editor and Mods come out.

You know, if enough of you contacted the dev, you could probably convince them to patch in the option to change back to the original gore levels since it's probably a very minor change.

Playing right now. I remember it toi be a MUCH slower pace, shit`s intense even more so on hardcore.

I didn`t knew what to expect but it sure wasn`t this.

I guess you expected it to be slower, because the original ran at the much lower framerate and the remaster is running at 60 fps.

Why would I want to play a game I have already played the shit out of almost 2 decades ago?

That's possible but will it be easy? The guy says on the Workshop page that importing custom animated 3D objects is too bothersome to dabble into with current tools.

I used to beat Starfox back in the SNES days effortlessly, but trying it now on emus feels entirely different despite it supposedly running at same speed.

You mastered it once so now you remaster it.

What's up with that shit?

Why don't you pirate it and find out yourself?

because this time around it actually works

If it shits the bed that hard with his 1080, I don't even want to waste my time pirating it when I've got a 670.

Holy shit lad, you're retarded

Mouse and Keyboard support, 60 FPS. Look at how badly the flamethrower fucked the framerate in the N64 version for example.

All these faggots believing they are playing le retro fps that everyone loved.

Turok 2 was hilariously stale and outdated when it came out. No one save for a couple children played it, on their retardstation 64. Actual fps players were already playing goddamn Half-Life and Unreal.

Here's your (you) since I know manchildren like this do exist.

WOW! Look at this bait!

quite sad that I can't think of a game with a more advanced gore/dismemberment system than the ancient SOF.
Anyway I'll go play Turok 2, good old times.

Killing Floor 2?

I love how streamlined this remake is compared to the original. I don't care about being called a casual, I wish all classic FPS games had objective point compass marker like this. It helps me focus on the fun part.

I can think of many, but the ones in SOF 2 looked REALLY good. No game has ever come close, neither before or after it. That stream of blood gushing INSIDE the enemies' head after you blew a hole on it, is just amazing. The blood color and wound shape are spot on too, extremely accurate. Why are modern artists suck at creating gore?

No, everything looks like plastic and cartoony. The blood glistens and the wounds look like thick jello. What were they thinking?

maybe, I'm not really a fan of MP only horde shooters so I wouldn't know

Because they are pussies.

what the hell are you even doing here?

Do you mean MaxOfS2D? He works for them.

Unreal and Turok were my favorite FPS games as a kid. You're the type of person who if they'd grown up with SEGA would be claiming now that Mario and Crash were both small time niche release that only le reddit retro crowd thinks were good.

turok and unreal are both significantly flawed games I can't say the same about a lot of the games someone who had a sega console at their time of release would have been playing.

Turok 1 isn't bad because the levels are "confusing" although they can be to a new player, it's bad because the level design is pretty shitty.

Not really, it was always way more of a shooter
Even 2 which contained more "horror" stuff was a shooter first and foremost

Sprint is always a shitty addition, it doesn't make sense to add it in

Exactly, weapon feedback isn't that great

Ok so it seems that going in to the Graphics options and turning off Deferred Decals will change the Gore back to what it was originally.

Maybe not it i was told that was what it would do in the steam fourms, but I think it only gets rid of the blood markings on the walls and floor.

One of the Devs just posted that Violence options are going to be Added in a Future Uodate.

Why do you Type liek a Fag ?

sounds like he's posting on a phone.

No I type like that unwillingly for some reason.

All this talk about turok gore reminds of a fond childhood memory.

I really wish more games had the cerebral bore or some weapon along the lines of a head seeking brain drill.

Goddamn, playing this and Turok 1 for the first time on the PC make me realize I missed out big time when it came to FPSs as a kid. Though I did get Descent, which is still godlike.

Because this remaster actually fixes shit.

Where is he now?

I'm having a graphical issue. It happened after I cleared Port of Adia, saved, exited and then launched the game. I know its not my graphics card because I tried it in other games and its working fine. Dicking with the settings does nothing. I'm on AMD and I've heard people are having troubles on AMD. Any help?

Looks like the game isn't loading the right textures.

I don't think thats the case. It only happens at certain angles.

There is a Steam thread made by the devs
steamcommunity.com/app/405830/discussions/0/135511757695213567/

Maybe this will help you

That's bullshit but I believe it.

Open the console and type r_gl_useUniformBuffers 0 hit enter then restart the game. Fixed it for me.

Thanks lads, you rule.

No idea what happened to him, he got placed into special classes during middle school and was put basically into a medicated coma. If I had to guess he ended up in a MLP or sonichu tier social group if he hasnt killed himself yet. That kid LOVED himself some pokemons.

Does this mean they are going to fuck with Powerslave when they re-release it as well?

Likely, this one is a mix of the N64 and PC port and the Powerslave the guy was working on was a Saturn port with some PC shit added in.

As long as its well designed as these two have been, I see no issue.

Whelp I can honestly say that I dislike the help markers being on by default simply because with the mist gone finding everything becomes much easier on it's own For the blood, I've noticed it's a combination of two different blood graphics combined, one of them being the N64's own on top of some new additions hence the discoloration and inconsistency. Normally all those blood splatters wouldn't leave so many stains and the environmental blood is the only permanent blood stains. For the maps' and their reduction well i don't know about any of you but I'm pretty sure the devs actually in some extras in there, and so far none of the level reductions feels like it's a loss so far. I also like the ledge grab. The multiplayer had the most changes UI wise, but it's changes I like.

Anyone else?

The Powerslave remaster has been out for a while now, only not legally, and probably it will be never released legally because the IP is on legal limbo.

I only got to world 3 so far in the swamp lands, and honestly I haven't been able to tell that the levels were reduced in size. Granted it's been years since I booted up my n64 to play it, but I'm having a fucking blast. It's one of the first games I remember having this level of gore besides SOF.

Yeah, it was explicitly noted as "less labrynthian" so I presume it's the most infamous levels that were changed. I haven't noticed so far either.

OK so there is a really shitty glitch. When you load your game you become unable to snipe Arrows with the Tec Bow's scope. Tec Arrows are fine but normal ones just disappear instead of shooting.
Sniping start working again when you warp to a new area but this glitch is really annoying.

probably posting on Holla Forums as we speak

Thanks, but no thanks.

But exploration and discovery are fun.

When you die sometimes you will switch to FPS view and see yourself after resurrection, before being warped back to your location. So far these annoying glitches are about the only thing that's really been popping up, nothing that outright crashes the game and in case anyone wants to know you can turn down the motion blur or turn it off outright and bloom. The excessive blurring in particular was annoying and when i turned it down to very low it looked nice.

Another bug is in the Death Marshes when you Blow up the Ammo Storage's your supposed to warp away and then Warp Back so you can get some full health power ups, but The explosions never stop so you can't warp back without dying. I'm playing on Hardcore right now so don't know if using up a life will let you still walk around in there.

Classic FPS games don't have long term effect upon discovery. Other than a new gun, I can't see that as fulfilling. Dungeon crawlers give you more exp bonus or interesting items as a reward to discovery, these are useful in the long term.

I did some research, and guess what? GOG does have the editor but most pirated copies do not have the most recent up to date version. It was part of a Galaxy update and is in the "other" tab in the menu up at the top of the game page. So 1.4.9 of GOG Turok should have the editor, in the "more>other" section.

That's called a skinner box user.

Kill yourself, niglet

bump

If that monday patch doesn't fix this I am going to flip my shit. The original Turok runs fine, I don't know how they managed to fuck this one up.

No issues here, friend. :^)

I don't understand why more people aren't upset over them changing balance aspects and things like map design. If somebody re-released Doom or Duke and decided to change shit around in a vain effort to appease a younger audience that isn't going to buy it anyway, I would not be happy.Maybe it's because I've never played it, so I don't know. Is it possible that this is one of the few times where it was a good thing? Are there options to revert the changes? Or are people just being complacent because it's the only purchasable option available?

I'd say Turok was more ahead of its time, thanks to Brutal Doom paving the way for neo-classical shooters. Having to choose between 20 fps on tank controls using an N64 or a PC port when people were still using Win98 is a terrible choice to make. The upside to those games is that they allowed cheats so you can get your money's worth quick if the game feels like molasses like it did back then.

Time will tell if the Turok license will be passed on for a full sequel when they run out of games to remaster, but there were at least 7 Turok games so it may take a while to reach a head.

I turned motion blur to "very low", turned anti-aliasing down to the lowest setting, turned off Bloom (seriously turn that shit off), turned off v-sync and I've had zero problems afterwards.

Can you turn off texture filtering? I hate how potato quality old textures look with it on.

Mostly because Turok 2 levels were stupid huge, taking a few hours to beat and being easy to get lost in. Lots of times there way just pointless bloat to the levels. Not saying I want hallways, and I'm sure that the levels aren't hallways now. Most of the changes were likely to remove/change areas that looked overly similar.

I only played the first stage since the performance is so shit but all they did was add a new area that was way more interesting than the hallway it replaced and changed up a mega health placement to compensate for the ledge grabbing mechanic they have now. If the rest of the stages went through changes like those I won't mind them that much.

Their Turok 1 port runs fine, constant 60 fps no stutter, same with the original Turok 2 PC port, yet this is running like dogshit. I'm guessing they ran out of cash and rushed it out the door. It won't be playable until a few more months have passed.

There is an issue with quad core processors. Here's how to fix it steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=885625877

I made Webms of the openings.
I love how there's vengeance for the first game.

Gas yourself.

Yeah opening intro videos for companies could get interesting, now it's just a logo.

that little fucker even starred in his own game.

Does turning the difficulty up increase enemy health like in the first one?

One of my favorite things about N64 games was seeing all the different things that would constantly happen to the N logo.

according to some guy on steam.

I'v been playing on Hard core and the enemies don't seem that Damage spongey head shots kill just about every thing in one hit.

The first one does a lot more then just change health, it even speeds up the game and reduces drop rates, permanently reduces bonus health you could acquire, etc., etc.

The moment I saw the Iguana intro to Turok 2 I knew this game was going to be something special.

I am glad that hardcore mod + fog on is actually playable.

No one on Youtube ever did Turok 1 on hardcore + increased draw distance and with no auto aim.

It's fucking impossibly hard.

But Turok 2 at least these fuckers don't snipe you half the map away with no way to dodge.

There is an issue with quad core processors causing the game to stutter. The fix below worked for me and was taken from a Steam guide.
open Task Manager,

What?

FAGGOTS!

You have no fucking taste. Don't let this fucking die.

I've already said what i wanted too, now I'm just enjoying myself on higher difficulties. What else do you want me to say? "Oh gee, i hope an user with Galaxy account buys Turok remastered then goes and downloads the level editor update."

Torrents when?

I want to talk about how much of a masochist I am for trying Hardcore on Turok 1.

I haven't seen anybody talk about trying this.

IT'S HARD!!! ;_;

Torrents are out now, you can just go to the local share thread look up "check before posting" then ctrl+f torrents and there are a bunch of torrent sites to try out. A new torrent search engine to replace the one taken down is useful, the Turok 1 torrent has an entirely different cover picture for some reason though.

And now you understand why people who grew up on the classics considers the new kids and their new fangled CoD games to be complete chumps comes from.

You don't understand. I am a difficulty masochist.

I have my doubts.

I always play on the hardest difficulty.

In some games where that is not enough or avaliable I challenge myself.

But Turok 1? On Hardcore?
WITHOUT auto-aim and manual aiming?
WITH Fogs, which works to my DISADVANTAGE, because the enemies with laser rifles fire SO FAST, that even at max distance it's IMPOSSIBLE to dodge them?

Show me one guy who every beat Turok on Hardcore and without MUH NOSTALGIA babby mode and play with fog off + autoaim.

Dude, the game is ported to PC. Stop playing with autoaim, you casual faggot.

Definitely have my doubts.

There is nothing wrong about crying.

Caesar broke down and had tears streaming down his face when he realized he was 40 years old and unlike Alexander who conquered the world with 20, achieved nothing noteworthy.

You're gonna be crying white tears out your eyes when I fuck you so far up the ass that your throat sprouts a peach truffle.

well these posts are getting weird
I'm just going to say that i just beat Lair of the blind one and god damn. no kidding everyone gets lost in that level.

Took me like 5 passes to find everything.

hot

but I am a Top, user, I would fight with you untill the death to get dominance over you and ulimatively win and make you submit to my dick

What would be the most hot about it would be making you deepthroat my dick, but trusting that you honour the traditions of the warrior who lost and don't bite my dick off.

time flies when you are a faggot

This is why we can't have nice things.

This is why Denuvo exists.

This is why something worse than Denuvo will eventually exist.

Nigger I am not paying that much.

Yeah, but if you pirate it then it generates more sales.

Makes you think

Why did it need an update? Shit ran fine day 1. Games is worth $15 btw. Best game I played since Stalker CoP.

There were actually allot of little bugs. Shit like when you loaded your game the Tek Bow couldn't snipe with normal arrows until you warped.

I hope its save game compatible

FUCK, it's not.

what do you mean it's not?
It let me load my game, it said they're could be unexpected results but so far my save game is working fine.

yes it load fine, but the patch is not properly applied

the shotgun still has higher priorit than the shredder and the tbow still cant fire normal weapons in sniper mode unless you step through a warp portal

the patch got applied properly for me or at least the loading the game and sniping arrows part did.

check the shotgun priority

do you mean when i press 4 because if so yes the shredder comes up first.

I mean press 5

why didn't the patch apply properly to me? I started a new game and it goes well with that

:(

high end weapons come up first, low grade is double tap.

Ya'll posting in a ridiculously obvious shill thread. Made on the release date for the HD version of a stinking console FPS, that no one ever gave a shit about.

Retrofags need to be gassed. You'll eat any shit as long as you can masturbate each other's ego.

I never played it on console. I played Turok on PC when I was a little babby kid. :3

This is a good game though. How often do good games come out?

And you are posting a ridiculously obvious bait.

No, it's not that often that such Good Old Games (TM) come out, fellow user!

If you're implying the old port was worth a damn, I have some bad news for you.

I'll admit I want to shill the game a little bit, because I love this game and Night Dive said they might remaster more Turok games if they're is support for them. but the torrents links are in the thread there is nothing stoping an user from just using those.

The Turok games were missed by pretty much everyone who didn't have a 64 or played the crappy PC ports.

Buddy, I've been on the chans since 2000, and I can tell that you are certainly a CIA agent. You're my neighbor aren't you? Old lady who "walks" her "dog" by my house everyday so she can spy on me. She even has the nerve to wave as she tries to collect information on me. I just give her an angry scowl to signal that I know what she's up to.

One time her "dog" came to my house, so I decided the best course of action was to hide the dog within my house to prevent her from using it as an excuse to spy on me. Little did I know that this is exactly what the CIA had planned when she showed up on my doorstep the next day (no doubt due to the tracking device embedded within the "dog"). She was using this as a way to get closer and collect more information, possibly DNA. She had some weak excuse like, "Have you seen my missing dog?", but I knew the truth.

I decided enough was enough and confronted her there on the spot. "Why are you spying on me?" What she said next was all the proof I needed. I've known many CIA agents in my lifetime, and as a result I have come to learn the many coded phrases that they have developed as a way to hide themselves. What she said to me was a phrase I have heard time and time again when I have confronted agents for violating my privacy, "What are you talking about?"

Enraged, I flew at her in self-defense, utilizing various techniques I had learned from watching youtube videos and Naruto. Suddenly, the "fragile old lady" facade vanished when it took 5 of my punches to knock her to the ground. As I'm on top of her applying the hands of justice to her windpipe, my "neighbors" show up and pull me off. I calmly explain to them the events that had transpired, her walking by my window to spy on me, sending her "dog" to my house to give her an in, using CIA code phrases, and various other events. What they said next shook me to my core.

"Are you crazy?" "What the hell are you talking about?" "Are you off your meds?" "She's not a CIA agent." CIA code phrases. It was then that I realized that I had not been vigilant enough, the CIA had played me for a damn fool again. The old lady wasn't a CIA agent, the ENTIRE NEIGHBORHOOD was.

She decided not to press charges, no doubt because the CIA still didn't have the information needed. Now I sit in darkness, blinds closed, peering out occasionally at my "neighbors" to get a bead on things. I know they're planning something, but what? One of the "neighbor's" "kids" has just "accidentally" kicked a ball into my yard. I now sit with bated breath, knowing that the end is nigh.

look, i don't like turok, but are you so retarded that you don't know the ASCII for ™ that you have to write it as (TM)?

fucking hell m8, are you 14?

With good reason, it was the heyday of Quake 2 multiplayer and people would just revile console shooters (all the way to Halo). Try explaining a Jedi Knight player that the clipping distance in all maps is barely 20 meters.

Shut up, junior.

its 0153, you stupid fuck

No, it's 2:40

learn to read the fucking clock you idiot

more like

Yea I thought of adding more but its basically going to turn out gif related

Don't use the patch if you're not using a steam or GOG version of the game.

This is some serious underage bait.

I used the skidrow/plaza one

There was another little update. Anyone know what it does?

McFucking kill yourself.

I never finished this properly on 64 as it had so many cheat codes it was always so tempting to just skip levels and get all guns ect.
Are the ones on 6th and 7th gen any good?, I remember them being pretty average.

The guy sure love to mention every fucking sentence.

*Mention intel

Evolution needs a HD rerelease bad and to not lock you out of half of your guns.

Well it was from the Intel youtube page at the time it was the best gameplay footage they're was.

Evolution i'm sure is OK at least
but the Turok reboot was meh
You could only carry the bow a knife and then two weapons that you have to swap around.
it's the average gritty realistic space marine game but with some dinosaurs so no Robo T-Rex.
Though the final boss is a normal T-Rex which you finish off by punching it in the eye with a grenade so that was kind of cool at least.

Evolution is obviously rushed and kinda fun but not nearly as satisfying as Turok 1 and 2. Turok 2008 is pure fucking trash and I honestly think it was a reworked Predator game made by people too cheap to get the license.

Listen you, I know the full history of imageboards, I study where memes originate from and how and where they spread, I track where anons go and know them by writing style and the filenames the use on images they upload and the topics they prefer. I track topics. I don't usually start but I do read countless of the survey threads. I apply advanced analytics, cognitive techniques, and fact-checking to discern a great many things from the posts of anons. I know many different imageboards and what sort of cultural exchanges are happening, when anons are using multiple boards and how frequently, etc. I have been doing this all for a decade now and I work/network with some other anons who do this too. I know so much of the history of these places and I / my group has often been right about future developments well in advance of them taking off. I know the various moderators for different boards, the power exchanges, the dramas, who replaced who, etc.

I know my shit.

The PS2 version is the one with fucked up graphics.

The worst part is that the technology is so good for blood now. Even games that have good blood just purposely limit it.

In nuHitman when you slice someone's throat the the blood splatter is dynamic but it stops within seconds and the blood only pools once. They could've very easily made the blood leak for longer and create multiple pools if you move the body. They do this shit to keep the rating low.

I saw someone mention on Holla Forums that there was another game like Turok that captured the feel the weapons feel. Does anyone know what it might be?

It might start with "something"world.

I really miss good canned animations. There's something so dramatic about them. Ragdoll physics can be fun, but they don't have the same impact.

it's the little things

I miss when ragdoll physics were actually setup and well designed ala Max Payne 2.

Seeing enemies react specifically to where you shot them in Goldeneye was the coolest shit back in the day. Ragdoll physics are complete garbage.

nuDevs are lazy, once ragdolling really took off the care for things like hit reactions and death animations pretty much went dead really fast, even reactions from hits are either none existent or it looks like you gave the guy a vaguely light push. You need to make 20+ animations with variations and that was multiplied the more you wanted to put in before ragdolling, with ragdolling you can just have them drop like a sack of potatoes and that's that.

So..where is the gog torrent?

I think even if they weren't lazy they still wouldn't now how to do it because middleware is all they know.

Just completed level 2 and 3. Three first than 2, because fuck backtracking.

Which level should I do next, especially considering my attitude of fuck backtracking?

Also the primagen key in level 1. Which talisman does it need?

Don't worry about level 2, most people get stumped when they mistakenly believe a certain switch next to the gold bars is actually a hallway, or like you they don't shoot every barrel they see as a matter of course

is the Plaza one it's not compatible with patches.

Currently going over all of level 2 because I somehow missed one of the sisters.
I got the one in the graveyard and the one in that underground tomb place.
What did I miss?

There is a section where you see yellow bars next to some poison water and a ledge up high. There is a fork that goes down to the base where the bars are, and to an open doorway up above. This fork and area is near the key with two teleporters and red triangles, go up to the open ledge path then shoot the switch. Proceed as normal.

*If it's the sister at the end of the level, when you get to the exit gate and talisman area just explore the fuck out of the place not entering the exit gate and you'll naturally come across multiple pathways and a checkpoint and a portal to the last sister.

uhh, I went through the level and always tried to check every single corner

Funny thing is that Turok always gives me that feeling that I missed out a branch very early on and I kinda kept in mind to go back there. It seems like I didn't really miss anything in level except the very first key. lol

Did you go to that underwater place where you shot a lever and unlimited spiders came out?
I think there might be a sister there.

I have no idea what you are talking about tbh.

??? don't know what you mean either

I also asked a different question and that is which level I should do next. 4 or 5.

level 5 is harder to get lost in but it's way easier to die and it's like twice as long as level 4. just remember that the upped draw distance means the turrets at the start of level 5 shoot you immediately as you come in the level which is bullshit.

I personally believe you should tackle level 5 then do level 4.

Check my ID, I was only responding to your feels that the switch was mistaken for a door or anything that isn't a switch on the N64 and would drive people nuts, and this is also most likely why the other user is lost.

What about talsmans?

Did you play Turok 1?
On hardcore + extended draw distance + no aiming help?

That was impossibly, super masochism. I've never ever played a game that was so ultra mega hard.

There are some dudes who shoot laser guns. Everything up untill that point was difficult, but manageable. But those guys. HOLY SHIT.
If you come into their view, they shoot you almost IMMIDEATLY and so fast that it's almost always impossible to dodge.

Definetly way too fast to be able to continually corner dodge and unload a round into them very quickly.

Also their projectile speed is so quick that it almost doesn't make a difference if they shoot you from very far away.

I actually quit playing because of that.

Oh, I remember that part.

I figured it out pretty easily though, because I knew something had to be there, so I went back up and then recognized it was a switch.

What I meant was the very end of the level though. The very end where the energy totem is located. The warpgate where the evil feather is, right across from it is a bridge and some water cannal.

The energy totem was actually to the left of the bridge and might have just been a dead end, but what you actually were supposed to do was jump off to an area that seemd inaccessible to the left of the hidden tunnel. There you not only find a switch that opens the tunnel to reveal the end portal, but also a destructible wall that leads to the primagen key.

I would have probably not figured this out without looking it up.

Btw what happens if you don't defend the energy totem and just be like "fuck it, I leave the level"?

I mean you have all the keys and everythng you need. Why even bother with the energy totem?

Good end vs Bad end, even if you beat the Primorgen just one totem falling changes the ending. If you try to leave without completing the objectives you just get a mission failed and kicked to the start of the level.

It was shitty for me too, then I upped cpu priority to "above normal". Smooth sailing ever since. It's not a gpu heavy game in the slightest.

But this is a fix that doesn't require you to set priority on launch every time.

Really? Huh, better make sure to save those totems.

It's weird how easy those missions are though. Almost relaxing.

I noticed that when I left the very first level without resucing all children.

The real fun doesn't begin until level 4 onwards when protecting the totems.

where the fuck is the gog torrent.

No, it was a puzzle game.

No, it was a survival horror. Also puzzle game if you weren't retarded and chose to build for hacking and research

Not really leaning either way, but its not like sprinting causes problems.

This is bait.

Christ user, just go to torrentz2.eu and search for it yourself. There is a sharethread, it has a copypasta in the gitgud thing called "checkingbeforeposting" which has a laundry list of sites of varrying quality and one dedicated entirely to GOG torrents you have no fucking excuse.

Nothing on there except the plaza torrent. Try again bitch.

I`l spoonfeed this time, search "Turok 2 remastered GOG torrent" on searx.me. First result is sort of what you want. Site is so fucked that I was getting "invalid server response" trying to upload a screenshot, thanks Ron. Your being a really good admin here, totally better than HW, truely. Fucking not. Time to go hang myself for spoonfeeding now.

They're all the plaza version (steam) not gog.

I also said the Share Thread had a list of sites to choose from, it even fucking says it's GOG specific too you dumb lazy fuck.

This remaster was a bit of a mess at launch

Other than that the only other issues are shit Turok 2 had when it first released. Like the maze-like level design, forced backtracking and how a lot of the map design is really cryptic. Especially the Lair of the Blind ones.

Solid fps though. Really excited for custom maps. Turok 2 is a game that feels great to play when you're just moving in a single direction it's just when the game forces you to go back for something you missed or makes you run around in circles wondering where the fuck you're supposed to go that it's annoying. It's why I wasn't surprised they added optional markers that tell you where the objectives are. honestly they should've added a Bioshock arrow. I still haven't figured out Lair of the Blind ones

Also someone ported a bunch of Wolfenstein and Doom levels and enemies to Turok 1. The future is bright.

If had even remotely bothered with you wouldn't have needed to post this. f8d20c see embed related and before you fucking ask yes,most of the links are potentially still up.Congrats f8d20c for driving yet another nail into spoonfeeders, there will likely be a point where none will exist here because they all fucked off to (very very very slightly greener pastures) due faggots like yourself as there is almost zero chance that saints exist on this site. Good fucking job right there, here is your employee of the month bonus. Why yes I am 200% fucking mad and or pissed, here's your cookie for such good perceptive skills.

Oh well that done is done.

something something /polgbt/ bla bla bla

Doing a hardcore run, having fun, but honestly, I think T1 is the better game overall. It's hard to put my finger on, but it's mostly the map design I think.
Turok 1 felt like big open worlds, even though they were actually fairly linear, with many branching paths, and they had a lot more verticality.
Turok 2 is mostly straight lines aside from the occasional fork that leads to a mission objective and then back to the road.
Turok 2 does have some fantastic weapons though. The Cerebral Bore is awesome, of course, but stuff like the dart gun for stunning Mantids and then finishing them off with a pistol shot while they're stunned, and the Shredder that causes fucking chaos in tight quarters, and the Mag 60 feels like a beast of a weapon and is one of my favourite sidearms of all of vidya.
But T2 is still missing something that first Turok had. Maybe it was the jungle/prehistoric setting, I don't know.

Did you know that elusive health in the town area you can't jump to is accessible by shooting all the seagulls?

GOG has a galaxy update with the level editor, it requires galaxy though. Fucking bullshit man.

What makes you think the site I highlighted has a GOG torrent for Turok 2 at the time of this posting?

None of those download links actually work though

??? Our ID`s completely different though.
Yes it is not a torrent however in the end doesn't it matter what ever the download source is as long as the content is aquired?

Oh but they worked on my machine after a second attempt to load the link protector. I`l just upload the result to the Holla Forums vola because why not.

Is that the health pack that's above the fountain, near the corridor that leads to that level's Primagen key? Because I could never figure out how to get to that fucking thing. I tried so many diagonal jumps, from the ledge nearby, and trying to get on to the little garden platform across from it. It drove me fucking nuts.

Sorry; retried. The link was opening up garbage pages on my machine but by copying the URL it worked.

Sorry to everyone - I was being a dunce.

Whelp…getting the 1.50 shader bug…guess I need to wait for the patch anyway! kek.

Totem fights do have respawning items on hardcore. Thank fuck. Those laser turrets in the opening of Hive of the Mantids though…fuck those fucking things.

Finally uploaded to the vola, volafile.io/get/M8SWVHYSPEXW/turok2seedsevil151gog.rar

So for people who have a photographic memory of the original levels, what was changed?

They've mostly removed a lot of extra hallways and stuff like that

They did the same with Turok 1. The differences are mostly small. It's not like they removed an entire level or anything.

Yes.

Ok. (Did they really remove *hallways* in Turok 1? I only remember two specific rooms which were redesigned, and I think I know Turok 1 pretty well.)

At the very beginning of the first game there's a canyon like area right after the first switch where you can find an auto-shotgun than got changed to a more open area. It's most stuff like that.