Super Mario Galaxy

So I've finally gotten all 120 stars with Luigi and the experience of playing the whole campaign again but with some of the worst controls in a 3D platformer have made me realise just how lame this game is. Just a few thinks to note:

Sure am glad we're not getting a third Galaxy game.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtubedoubler.com/kBhK
youtubedoubler.com/kBi2
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

You haven't played many games have ye? I can tell so don't try denying it.

I agree with most of those points- bar the bit about Luigi (he's supposed to control like ass thanks to his lack of traction. Whether that's bullshit difficulty or an extra challenge depends).

I think 2 was better, but both still had flaws. Modern Mario platformers have never tried to break the mold, even in it's own "franchise" let alone the genre.

It's comfy and basic. Which was fine when we had other, more challenging titles on the market when we wanted more, but now it's just an all-you-can-eat buffet for casuals. I like simple games, but not all the time.

the fucking waggling and limited moveset make it a step down from every other Mario game.

It's for sure one of the worst Mario 3D Platformers, but it ain't the worst 3D Platformer.

Galaxy 1 was a novel concept but the only thing it really has going for it is the story, music, and hub

Galaxy 2 has much better levels and power-ups

I hope Odyssey is good

I can't see it falling flat unless it has less worlds than 64

Well it COULD use Galaxy/3D World physics for Mario.

You're gonna trigger the 64 nostalgia tards. Shhhh.

It looks closer to 64 than any other game in the series

Actually I take that back, it borrows a lot from 3D World's moveset, but it clearly has 64's movement in mind, though not the same speed

HALF A PRESS
HALF A PRESS
HALF A PRESS
HENREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

That's the main issue, we probably won't know until we actually have hands on with the game. However I'm remaining sceptical, especially since this IS modern Nintendo we're talking about.(USER WAS HALF BANNED FOR THIS POST)

you monster

3D World is the hardest 3D Mario, maybe the hardest Mario period, unless you're a fucking casual who doesn't try to 100% their games.

The waggling is just used in place of a single button to attack. It's not an issue.

it's not about what's "hard", it's about what's fun and what's more fluid. 3D World is a worse game than 64 and Sunshine because it's more stiff.

Hohh. This needs to happen more often.

I liked the game but I do agree with every single one of your points
The whole Luigi shit pretty much drained all my enthusiasm from playing the game so I never got 120 stars.

I agree

I wasn't arguing quality, but rather the idea of it being not challenging and instead "casual."

But I also think it's the best 3D Mario. 64 nostalgiafags are kidding themselves and Sunshine may be the worst 3D Mario. Still one of the best games ever, but the worst of a very good bunch.

Well the thing is with 64 and Sunshine is that it had the best movement systems in the Mario series, so naturally for Odyssey people wanna see that system return.

I agree with your points.
Galaxy is the worst Mario game in my opinion.

The fact that they didn't change anything for the Luigi mode made it even worse.

I liked it

youtubedoubler.com/kBhK
IMMERSION

Hello 4chan!

I've got some grudges with Galaxy one as a whole.

On the other hand,

It's no 64, but its still good. Made me purchase Galaxy 2.

Also, fuck you, OP. Luigi was great.

IMMERSION, AGAIN
youtubedoubler.com/kBi2

Is that even a thing? That only 4chan has nostalgia for things? I don't understand what you're getting at here. This isn't even an existing stereotype that you're applying here.

The worst thing about Galaxy was that nintendo themselves admitted that Galaxy 2 was Galaxy 1.5 because Nintendo rushed Galaxy out the door. In other words, the bulk of what Galaxy 2 had was supposed to be in Galaxy. It's no wonder people say that Galaxy 2 had better levels. The majority of Galaxy is completely forgettable.

Games like these is what made me stop defending the Wii back during its life cycle.

you can't get half banned, just like you can't half an A press

Lol at this gay shit. Sonic Mania is fixing to show up your gay little Super Mario Fallacy. Enjoying running around on giant ballsacks as long as you can, because you're about to be shown how it's really done, BITCH!

This shit is like consolewars but even more autistic

it's more of a combo of the ass camera and the awful controls. you don't know what a game with good control is do ye?

ranchisewars are the retarded brother of an autistic child

Funny thing is that I still consider it in my top 5's. Luigi's alternative move set added something to the game instead of making him a Mario clone and I actually preferred playing him because it fit my no stop style. I just used his momentum to my advantage. And while it lacks in substance I'd say it makes up for it in style and interesting gimicks for each level. Whenever people bring it up they only mention the controls when they forget shit like the Space Junk Galaxy and the moving platforms or the spider web ball slingers that actually made the motion controls a little fun. Plus there aren't really that many games that o gravity mechanics this well. I genuinely prefer it over 2 which felt like a streamlined, bland clone with a few more interesting ideas and I 100%'ed that shit to.

Also the best way to make the levels harder is to try and beat them faster. Every level in 64 is easy to until you have to make long jumps to barely make gaps or learn how to wall jump up higher ledges when there's no opposite wall. there's actually a lot more depth to his moveset once you learn how crucial the spin move can be for maneuvering. It's not 64 amount of depth but it's still engaging enough.

You wanna know how I know whoever drew this is a millennial?

What star is that, user?

i wanna tie curly brace to my back

THEN BOY IS IT EVER YOUR LUCKY DAY!

Which star?

Unless you were born in the 70s, you're a millenial as well.