Zelda thread

Hyrule Encyclopedia just came out in Japan and it made a few changes to the pre-established stuff from Hyrule Historia

here's the big one for Majora's Mask

There's also a few pages trying to match up locations and areas across different games, and a bunch of fluff/filler shit about the races of Hyrule, like how the Kokiri evolved from Hylians or something stupid like that

That kind of undermines Termina and the events that occured there then

It also creates a problem when you start thinking about how Tingle, the Mask Salesman, and the fairies managed to get there

Fuck you. Termina exists. ;_;

Wow, somehow they managed to make something even more retarded and autistic than Hyrule Historia. Bravo, I guess.

dude what
Before you got into the dungeon part, an argument could have been made that it was just some other ruined temple, maybe built inside the grove from ALTTP or something, but after that it's made explicitly fucking clear that it's the temple of goddamn time

They just ruined their own timeline for the sake of continuity.

Fucking what.

So the cutscene of Skull Kid faggoting around Termina Field before he got the mask is just noncanon now?

The first page talks about the original one from the desert in Skyward and the 2nd one which was the Sealed Temple from SS, but then goes on to say the pedestal is the only remaining element from that one

2nd page is the one talking about the TP one being the Light Temple

the big question here is what does that make BOTW's Temple of Time, since the Master Sword is nowhere close to it

Is this even official? It looks more like fans publishing their headcanons.

I don't think Nintendo thought about those details at all with this.

I believe in Termina

Here's the updated Timeline. They also mention at the top that the Twilight Interlopers from TP got banished sometime after Skyward Sword, and that they are NOT the Sheikah

Published by Nintendo, complete with the same credits as Hyrule Historia. Aonuma even has a 3-page interview at the back, but I can't find any pictures of it

One of the other ones

Who reads or buys this garbage? Since when does the lore of fucking Zelda matters at all?

People who are in for the long haul
Never, but that doesn't stop autists from thinking the story will ever change.

Have you seen how many people try to make theory videos over the smallest shit? It makes the leaps that Souls fans take look reasonable by comparison, and it's no surprise Ninty would try and capitalize on that like they did with Historia

Not terribly surprised; they're Capcom games, so Nintendo wants nothing to do with them.
…But why?

But it's still a parallel world, just not one that existed naturally. Also, assuming that everything in Termina is 100% in his head, how does this explain Majora's Mask existing at all?

What, it's just…nestled deep enough in the Kokiri Woods that a random-ass Skull Kid happened upon it?

Aonuma, how you read all this and approved of it is beyond me.

Does Nintendo use the Minish Cap in the main continuity? I don't follow these timelines all that closely.

Minish Cap takes place after Skyward in the timeline. The Four Swords games are also included but sort of shoved off to the side and never acknowledged

So, what, a fourth timeline? Fucksake, Ninty.
I understood it as OoT/MM Link going into the Lost Woods without a fairy, which according to OoT lore turns anyone into a Stalfos, so it still fits.
It's probably not Death Of The Author to reject it, since whoever came up with that bullshit can't have been involved in the original development. As said in a post above, Termina can't have people walking in and out if it's an illusion, and at least Link, Epona, Skull Kid with the mask, Tatl & Tael are confirmed to exist in Hyrule by the opening scenes.
Nice job rendering the whole game moot, idjits. Link's Awakening did it better if you want that sort of bittersweet ending.
>the Kokiri evolved from Hylians
I can accept squids evolving into fish evolving into sharks and birds, but random Hylians making a contract a tree to eventually become wooden midgets wearing leaf masks is a bridge too far.

here's some more pictures of Hyrule matched up

It creates more questions than it answers.

I don't see  
ブレスオブザウィルド

the book was released before BOTW my dude

That makes sense. They release a minor errata for Hyrule Historia so they can sell another update after BotW.

Who the fuck signed off on all this shit?

The only good thing that can possibly come from this is that some lorefags are going to aboslutely lose their shit over this.

Minish Cap was heavily retconned by Skyward Sword, but it is still the chronological sequel to that game.

Since Fujibayashi inherited the series after the success of botw the games he directed/worked in will feature more heavily for sure. He directed Skyward Sword and Minish Cap and the former is heavily referenced in BotW (even more so than OoT of all things) as seen by the goddess Hylia everywhere, Calamity Demise, the voice in the Master Sword and the ancient sci-fi sheika tech from that game as well. They could've scrapped all that and ignored everything from Skyward Sword if they wanted as the fanbase hates that game, but Fujibayashi didn't because he wants to add his vision/ideas to the series. He also wanted to add Picori to BotW, but the idea was scrapped.

In the end BotW fucks up with the timeline yet again, so fuck everything Nintendo says is canon. And fuck lorefags.

If Termina is all an illusion, why is it so important to save it from Majora?

Fuck off back to rpgcodex, I'm not interested in your schoolroom's consensus :^)

That also explains why BOTW is the first game to reference the Oracles in 15 years

This sounds like the kind of retconning Blizzard pulls whenever they come up with an idea they think is cooler than what they originally had.

Nintendo are better off just admitting that each game is set in its own separate universe period (with a few obviously notable exceptions like ALTTP/ALBW). No amount of mental gymnastics can account for the discrepancies between each game's maps and lore.

Now, let's not get ahead of ourselves.
At least Zeldafags have the slightest basis for their inane theories, like MM and WW referencing OoT, indicating different endings.

DS lore is just reading item descriptions.

I never really got why everyone insists on the games being connected.
I always just like SS, OoT, MM, WW and TP being connected, then the rest being a Hero's Spirit reincarnated throughout different time periods.

At least Zelda's timeline isn't as fucked as the Scooby-Doo timeline I worked out once. I tried to keep it to one timeline, and boy did I develop autism. I worked it out, though.

most of the fanbase.

happy now? :^)

I think Skyward Sword is better than people give credit for. It is mostly shit, but everything related to Lanayru Desert is good and worthwhile.

Alright I'll take the bait, post it nerd.

IMO Skyward was really good, and fit-in well as the prequel to the rest of the series Ocarina is still the best game though

I wish it were bait.
I never save it, and have posted it maybe 3 times to Holla Forums. Let me do a quick write up of it. It gets pretty shitty, because I tried to keep it in one continuity.

Please explain to someone who didn't get around to playing it yet.

Skyward Sword first 3-6 hours are so atrocious I cannot say it is good overall. Even though the Ancient Cistern, Lanayru Mining Facility and the Sandship rank among the best dungeons in the series and the Sandsea in general is absolutely brilliant.

It's nothing major, some of the areas and locations are named after other games in the series, and one small little chunk of the map is named after Holodrum and Labrynna

Nigger that makes no sense. If it's the same piece of land from Zelda 2 in Zelda and ALTTP than what does that mean? The entire rest of map from ALTTP sunk into the sea in between ALBW and Zelda 1?

That's some fanfic-tier bullshit

No it didn't. It completely scrapped all the mysticism hinted at in Ocarina and A Link to the Past for some dumb 'it came from God' explanations for everything

Link - Came from God
Zelda - Is a God
Ganondorf - Also came from God
The Master Sword - Came from God

Skyward Sword exhibited some of the laziest writing in the entire series.

Don't forget that the Hylian symbol on the shield and Master Sword don't represent anything, it's just a giant fish

The timeline is nothing more then a sorry excuse to make all the retards that are unable to understand what the legend of Zelda is supposed to be.
Since Jewtendo never really intended to have existing continuity unless the games are clearly connected, it's naturally that there'll be discrepancies.

I dunno, I like the way they incorporated the royal crest into being an actual thing (Loftwings) and I didn't mind the whole reincarnation explanation, really the biggest detractors SS had for me was how linear it was, how many areas got reused, and how the motion controls kept having to be centered. I can understand the complaints though

Well considering you only ever meet them inside Termina and as OP said Skullkid created it out of his memories. It's pretty safe to assume it would somehow be out of Link's memories considering all the random pictures you see when Link falls down the hole at the beginning must be him creating the world out of Link's memories hence why you see pictures of the iconic races Link met during his travels i.e. Gorons, Zoras and Dekus.

This is the only thing I'm okay with. The whole bit about the Oracle games coming between ALTTP and LA was my biggest gripe with the Hyrule Historia timeline.

Don't take it seriously. Koizumi, the guy who actually wrote the story to Majora's Mask, probably had no input on this book, since Nintendo only lets him work on Mario stuff these days.

Preface: TV Specials are counted except Hollywood, Behind the Scenes, The SD Project, Night of the Living Doo and Arabian Nights, as they are just really made to sell the brand name and made as jokes. Video games aren't counted, though I could potentially add them. Most are just randomly placed, though they can't occur during the age of Scrappy-Doo, as he's rarely present. Oh, and the shitty Puppet show and the stage shows aren't counted, because no one should have to suffer through them.

Scooby-Doo Mystery Incorporated is the starting point.
Due to the ending in which the universe is reset, we go from there. The gang is now used to both magic and fake monsters, so pretty unafraid of that shit. Time is reset to be placed earlier, about 30 years, to explain technology.
A Pup Named Scooby-Doo is retroactively added to their memory, as a way to justify their love of mysteries without their selves being aware they lived their lives already. Due to it being added by artificial means, they reference technology in APNSD that wouldn't be present in Where Are You? It's just a remnant of MI timeline.
After that, we go Where Are You?, The Scooby-Doo Show, both iterations of Scooby-Doo and Scrappy-Doo, with The New Scooby-Doo films taking place randomly throughout. They don't matter to story, so they can go anywhere.
13 ghosts takes place after all of those, once the gang are older, in their mid twenties.
Boo Brothers, Ghoul School and Reluctant Werewolf occur back-to-back, placed after 13 Ghosts. This assumes the 13 Ghosts are captured, as the show was cancelled prematurely.
Shaggy and Scooby get their memories fucked with after those 3 successive encounters with ghouls, and can't recall their adventures.

Zombie Island, Witch's Ghost, Alien Invaders and Cyber Chase now take place. In order, they are done Cyber Chase, Zombie Island, Witch's Ghost then Alien Invaders.
Due to the Alien's interference, the group get, once again, fucked over in the timeline. Time is now closer to original Mystery Incorporated timeline. This is pretty much just the Aliens seeing the problem and trying to restore it back to MI, but failing somewhat.

From there, What's New, Scooby-Doo takes place. Then, all the DTV films starting with Legend of the Vampire. There's a soft reboot in terms of personality and appearance, but I wouldn't look into it too much, as nothing important is changed. These DTVs take place in order, in two groups. Everything from Music of the Vampire to Chill Out can go in any order, then Goblin King to current DTVs in any order. The DTV Specials, like Spooky Games and Beach Beastie, are alongside the DTV films, and can be placed anywhere. They can be placed in either group of the new DTVs, post 2003.
LEGO shorts and the LEGO film are just LEGO interpretations of normal adventures. Any order.

Now, this leaves only 6 items unaccounted for: The 2 theatrical films, the 2 DTV films, Shaggy and Scooby-Doo Get A Clue and Be Cool, Scooby-Doo.

The films aren't set in the realm of the animated series, as there are core differences in the dynamic of the gang, and there are references to their past which can't be fixed by any of the animated shit.
Live-action order is simple enough: The Mystery Begins, Curse of the Lake Monster, Scooby-Doo (Spooky Island film), then Monsters Unleashed.

Get A Clue and Be Cool are, without a doubt, the worst animated series. Get A Clue is so stupid in it's premise, that if it didn't include the other 3 members of the gang making cameos, I'd write it off completely. If I had to place it, I'd put it after Be Cool, but before What's New. The gang have a mini break-up after starting college, Scooby and Shaggy do memes with the crazy uncle, which explains why the others only briefly appear, they are busy at school.
Be Cool is irredeemable, but if it must be placed, I'd place it before everything else in the modern timeline, before What's New Scooby-Doo, as they have graduated college by that point, but Be Cool mentions they haven't started college yet.

Meant to reply to

Oh, and in my wall of autism, I forgot:
You could add A Pup Named Scooby-Doo as taking place before everything else in the modern timeline, I just don't like that as I wanted the series separated from before 2003 and after 2003.

Best Zelda game is Minish Cap.

Fite me m8.
OoT is overrated and only deserves a 80/100 while Minish Cap is easily an 85.

Minish Cap is a mighty fine game. But its dungeons are only slight above average. In the 2D Zelda realm Minish Cap is beat by Link's Awakening and A Link Between Worlds.

Majora's Mask and Breath of the Wild are the best 3D ones for entirely different reasons

A Link Between Worlds was awful. It was only better than Spirit Tracks and Phantom Hourglass.

It's a fucking dream world, then? Same shit, really. It was an elaborate hallucination that was held together by ancient magic. Sounds a lot like reality to me. Your perception of reality is contingent on complex chemical exchanges in your brain and body, and a lot of people attribute human existence to what could be described as ancient magic. Who's to say that you're not in some bizarre pseudo-representation of reality as we speak? How do you know that you're not a figment of someone's mind? Anyway, they're just playing semantics at this point.

Here's a screenshot so you don't have to work as hard if you want to post it again. Also, apparently I haven't paid any attention to Scooby-Doo in two years; the last time I checked, Be Cool was an impending disaster, not an ongoing disaster.

Midna wasn't in minish cap
But that was sailing
Half of the other games have better worlds
It's maybe one of the best 2D artstyles

It was real in my mind.

Nice twitter gif.

I bet you think SS is good now, too

I've always thought SS was good to a moderate degree, and BOTW has good elements, but it's too removed from the rest of the series to be considered the best

Like pottery.

I made a text document for next time :^)

Be Cool was strange. They decided to show maybe 22 episodes on Boomerang in 2 months, then didn't show anything more. CN UK showed another 5 episodes or so, but then there was nothing for something like 12 months.
Now they are burning off the last 15 or so episodes and the 2nd season starts end of March.

Not sure why they are keeping it going. Ratings are shit, they don't advertise it and it's not selling merchandise, they're just reprinting merch from the previous shows.

First, it's closer to the first game than anything else in the series
And second, that's fucking stupid, things don't have to be similar to each other for you to say one is better than the other

The OFFICIAL lore is that NIntendo puts hundreds of years in between the games and reincarnates the main characters so they can keep the same plot motifs and overall game structure.
They allows them to emphasize the new spin they put on the zelda formula.

It kinda kills the Magic when you put it that way, but look at Metroid. Other M. They wanted to make boss fights from other games in 3D for the first time, but since they use the Same Samus, the same federation, and the same space pirates, they have to come up with all this bullshit to explain having it in there. and the game became a big mess.

fuck you japan

The oracle games themselves state that they are seperate dimensions from hyrule, though what the dimensions are, wheter dream, the goddeses realms that they reside over and inhabit, is never stated.

Only in terms of exploration, and even then Zelda 1 still put restrictions on where you could go and what dungeons were available, like how you needed the candle to burn the bush to access one of the late-game ones

By that logic Hyrule Warriors and Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland can be considered contenders for the best Zelda game. Compared to the other games in the series, BOTW lacks enemy variety, quality music, and actual items, among other things. From that I feel like it's too early to say it's the best 3D game, especially when it's an 8/10 at best

Wait a second, what about Shaggy and Scooby run that school for monster girls, or when they, along with scrappy, help those three ghost brothers find that thing at Shaggy's uncle's place? The red-shirt movies, as I like to call them.

that is precisely one of the reasons it is the best one. it is zelda 1 3D. it is a nonlinear shadow of the colossus with more shit to do, like shrines, but with 12 colossi removed to accommodate.

majora's is the best "classic structure" 3D zelda. oot is an amazing game and is the godfather of most 3D action-adventure games of the past 20 years, including things like dark souls, but it is hard to find anything oot does better than any of its more mediocre successors, much less anything majora's or botw did well

They are mentioned.
He wears a red shirt in Boo Brothers, Ghoul School, Reluctant Werewolf and 13 Ghosts, so I lumped them together, with 13 Ghosts being the catalyst for the others.

Summed up my feeling on breath of the wild quite well. The next zelda will hopefull have a happy medium between the free exploration and tools. If I were to suggest things, passives like the gauntlets, and items which compensate and make manuvering easier like a grapple hook for scaling cliffs and clawshot for climbing areas that link cannot grip would be nice and legendary versions of the weapons as dungeon rewards for optional dungeons or a way to forge the ultimate weapons. and items with synergies, like ice arrows and an item that makes water, and the roc cape and pegasus boots. And most importantly, more large dungeons and keeps rather than the 5 minute shrines and enemy variety.

It's really not, if it was it wouldn't feature so much shit like equipment degradation or runes replacing items

I'd love to hear the logic behind this ridiculous assertion.
So remove the interesting part and replace it with a bunch of one-puzzle dungeons that all look the same and have the same intro and outro cutscenes every single time with almost no interesting rewards outside of the one or two that have pieces of armor?
No. Just no. 3D Zelda is cursed, and Ocarina of Time is far from "amazing".

This too. If it had collosi bosses it would have been better. And the shrines are just them taking what could have been a small number of dungeons and caves and splitting them to make them more numerous.

But why is Zelda master of the entire Triforce now?

BotW is a game that lets you explore and discover shit at your own pace which is the original core design philosophy of zelda 1. It is the quintessential adventure game. It is far from perfect, stuff like weapon degradation even though it worked as an incentive to invite the player to improvise and experiment, had a somewhat flawed execution, especially in the early parts of the game. The battle against the Divine Beasts (the ones before boarding them) could also be much more and feels like a lot of potential was wasted there. The shrines I think was the perfect pace for how to deliver "dungeon content" and I'm baffled that the series only started doing this shit here, after 30 years. BotW all in all has the right core structure for the series moving forward. If we had another classic structured Zelda, I'm sure we would have an even worse game than Twilight Princess/Skyward Sword at this point.

Ocarina was amazing back in 1998 and if you don't realize this you are either underage/close to it, which automatically discards your opinion or you are just being "le ebin image board contrarian troll" which was already stale back in 2007. Go back to cuckchan with this faggotry.

tl;dr stop being a newfag, either literally or figuratively.

She, in a way, was in the original nes/snes games wasn't it? It is just return to form.

Because lazy writing and forgetting that the triforce drives people nuts. Just like how hylia comes out of nowheres and the 3 goddeses have all but disappeared.

I doubt it is or will be explained

it's not at all like Zelda 1
You know what encourages experimentation? A limited set of tools and weapons to use that allow for different opportunities and combinations, rather than 4 different weapon types that fundamentally work the same

No, she wasn't. In Zelda 1 she only had the Triforce of Wisdom, which was shattered and repaired only by Link, and then in Zelda 2 Link has two pieces and has to get the Triforce of Courage, then the full thing disappears at the end. Ganon has the full Triforce in ALTTP.

The shrines are a trick to make it seem like there is more when they are really 8 or so dungeons split into smaller pieces to make you feel like there is more content since they are spaced out. I can see you'd prefer zelda:elder scrolls, but id rather see the series go in the direction of the souls games. And aside from the bug hunts, I think twilight was pretty good. cannot say anything in defense or against skyward sword, it still has my favourite boss koloctos

I'd have accepted Skyward Sword story if everything about demons and Demise and swords having human forms wasn't part of it.

Fi was cute though

She needed to shut up but I liked her design.

You realize that BotW has more "dungeon content" (by which I mean puzzles and shit like that) than any other game in the series right? It is you that got tricked into playing a Zelda with more puzzles than any other in the series, but since it was delivered homeopathically you just didn't realize it. The amount of "dungeon content" in BotW which clocks at ~12h minimum is longer than the average playtime of a couple of games in the series.

Most Zelda dungeons is full of filler shit as well, like locked rooms with enemy gauntlets and such, because a 3h puzzle gauntlet that use only the same item (because how the old games are structured into items being keys) would be too boring. In BotW since shrines are well spaced between wilderness exploration they could just put a shit ton of different puzzles and not worry about this. I agree that the battle shrines are shit and if they were more unique boss battle tier shrines they would be acceptable.

Fair enough. My memory of these old games are very muddled.

my african american brethren

And could be replaced by any other moeblob or be incorporated as a fairy or something if you absolutely need a braindead moeblob character to annoy the shit out of you constantly.

And no she was not cute. She looked like a blue piece of shit.

Shrines don't count as "dungeon content". Fuck off and die.

BotW is not about weapon combat. Unless you are fighting a Lynel, you are better off using your runes and environmental traps to kill shit. That's why weapons are made of paper, I think, the designers want to encourage you to come up with traps and other ideas to get rid of the hordes of Bokoblins and Stal-like enemies. It was terribly executed IMO, but I can see where they came from with the system.

user, a bunch of puzzles built with zero unique art assets and lazily placed "into the world" with teleporters that could have been put fucking anywhere isn't exactly natural

The shrines aren't the same as a good Zelda dungeon. They almost exclusively operate on a single gimmick, often being the equivalent of a single room in another game.

The best dungeons involve several gimmicks interacting together across multiple rooms; my favorite being the Eagle's Tower in Link's Awakening.

Rock climbing for half an hour in the middle of East Kabumfuck to find and get to a five minute dungeon is not "dungeon content".

Hear! hear! Water dungeons being the most obvious examples.

I never said it's about weapon combat, but if they wanted to encourage using tools then they could have easily incorporated older items into the mix rather than
all of which have very limited use in combat, magnesis can't even be used to grab enemy weapons out of their hands for fucks sake

Now imagine if the game had a hookshot that functioned like Ocarina's, allowing the player to grapple to anything made of wood. This would open up a myriad of possibilities given how forested BOTW's world is

good taste

twilight princess is the only good zelda game
debate me

But only Minish Cap is good.

Twilight Princess has always been my personal favorite ever since it came out. So no I won't.

user I think you might have a learning disability

Pretty rich coming from someone who doesn't understand sentence structure.

I'm pretty sure that the Capcom team was behind:
- Oracles
- Link's Awakening
- Minish Cap

The multiplayer Zeldas were never meant to be taken seriously and shouldn't be canon.

This would have never happened during Satoru Iwata's rule.

Except that it is. Some shrines have better puzzles than the entire "dungeon content" of some games (like Twilight Princess, which was a dungeon structure checklist borefest).

Yea, this I agree. Shrines were too small for that kind of interaction and I found baffling there weren't more connected shrines besides the simple Twin Peaks shrines. The Divine Beasts were that type of "huge" environmental/interconnected dungeons and I found them to be good. Unfortunately they were short/too few and I missed one at the level of Stone Tower Temple/Sandship.

Water Temple is shit and Mark Brown is an idiot for all of his MUH LINEARITY with this series. Most of the MUH LINEAR DUNGEON he cries about are among the best ones in the series.

OoT has a LOT of problems with puzzles not being immediately obvious that aren't solvable with your current gear and the Water Temple suffers most from this because the item from that dungeon that opens shit is an upgrade so you're not sure when you enter that dungeon if that hookshot target is unreachable because you didn't found something or if you are lacking the dungeon's item. That's why people dislike that dungeon, besides being a bore to navigate with because it obligates you to enter the menu every other minute.

that would be cool. here's hoping they hear you for the next game.

Like pottery

What?

I regret reading parts of this post.

You got hostile first with this "fuck off and die" bullshit so stop being a triggered tumblrina. Or you can go back to cuckchan, your choice.

Its a "2D" zelda exactly like Phantom Hourglass is a "2D" zelda mate. It controls like one and the painting gimmick could be accomplished in a 2D engine.

His point about Majora's Mask asking you to understand the structure of the dungeon applies pretty directly to the divine beasts in BotW. I did feel that sense of mastery once I understood how to rotate the environment to change it however I needed.

But ultimately I wanted something bigger and grander, and Hyrule Castle was the closest thing. But that had virtually no puzzles.

I don't really believe it, but an user in a SD thread asked how it all fit together, then a bunch of anons said "Oh, there's 3 timelines branching from here plus standalones" etc, so for a meme, I decided to condense it down into one timeline. It's not really a timeline, but it's one consecutive event, unfolding in order.

It makes sense, but still autistic.

And I didn't try to affect arguments because I was being hostile. Since mixing the two is the problem. Now fuck off and die.

Nigga, just stop. You're not fooling anyone here.

You didn't fuck off and die yet?

SS has some good stuff:
- the development arc of Groose
- Zelda having her own personal quest with Impa as her mentor, as in Ocarina
- the Ghirahim battles
- that special moment when fighting Koloktos was amazing, music and all.
- upgrading your tools
That's like 1% of the actual game. I haved never felt the urge of replaying that thing. It actually demonstrated that having a sword-moving gimmick COULD BE DONE, BUT SHOULDN'T BE DONE. We will never have a proper sequel this game, thanks god.

I can replay Majora, Minish, Between Worlds and Twilight any day. Skyward is not a good game.

Termina being a parallel world is never even hinted at anywhere in the entire series, it was always just fags trying to justify reusing so many assets with an in-story excuse.

However, the oracle games ending with Link going on a boat is enough of an excuse for me to say they're a prequel to Link's Awakening.

Tingle isn't even the same guy in every game, different people keep getting turned into Tingles. Even if you haven't played the Tingle games, this is pretty obvious since the one in Majora's mask exists in a different timeline from the one in Wind Waker, and even if you ignore the timelines, he exists in a pre-flood era that must be eons from Wind Waker.

The other guys you mentioned got to Termina the same way Link did.

This is bullshit. The map from LttP matches up with Zelda I's map, but leaves out the eastern portion.

Okay, so Zelda II is a straight sequel to Zelda I. That much is simple.

LttP doesn't really reference Zelda I that much, so I guess you could argue it's a different universe. The maps match up a bit, but that's a minor issue.

Ocarina of Time is very clearly living out the backstory that is given at the beginning of Link to the Past, so those are the same universe.

Majora's Mask has Link with the Ocarina of Time he got from Zelda in OoT, so that's the same universe.

Wind Waker heavily references Ocarina of Time as the backstory, so that's the same universe.

Twilight Princess if anything references the previous games less than OoT, MM, and WW, but people insist on saying it's the same universe as OoT, and it doesn't contradict much, so sure.

The DS games are just straight sequels to Wind Waker.

A Link Between Worlds, as you pointed out, is A Link to the Past 2.

I could keep going. The "just a legend" fags just aren't paying attention. The people who made these books also are just not paying attention. Just play the games for yourself and this isn't hard to figure out. For some of them, it doesn't matter exactly where it takes place in the timeline, but that's largely just because some games have less story than others and thus can fit anywhere. The ones that bother to have a story make clear that they're all connected, and the other ones don't usually contradict anything, and if they do it's very minor stuff.

Well if Minish Cap came second in the timeline, and Tingle + Pals were in that, I'd assume skull kid must've met Tingle and friends before.

is it because it has 4 dungeons?

The number of layers in the game would require one hell of a 2D engine to accomplish. It COULD work in 2D in the same way Doom is technically a 2D game - lots and lots of tricks to make it work. You'd be significantly compromising the game to force it into a 2D engine.

Alright Holla Forumsirgins, who's the more cancerous: DaS lorefags or Zelda lorefags?

This is so wrong it almost hurts. The only two bosses that they reused and didn't already appear in the Prime games were Nightmare and Phantoon, neither of which had any explanation for being there. The game's plot was a big mess because Sakamoto tried to poorly copy his favorite stories into the game and disregarded almost all previous Metroid material to tell his "amazing" tale. The game's gameplay was a big mess because Sakamoto apparently doesn't understand why people liked the Metroid games, kept pushing Team Ninja to make terrible decisions, and he was primarily concerned with using the game as a vector for the story.

Wait, fuck, there was also the Queen Metroid. She was largely inconsequential to the overall plot, too, though.

Dark Souls actually acknowledges that it has some semblance of story and lore, so Zelda lorefags

can't wait for Ringed City

The painting in a 2D engine would have to be severely limited in scope, but it is doable. Still, my point which makes me categorize albw as a 2D zelda is that it has in its core the classic top-down 2D controls from zelda 1. If you want to be really autist about it, yeah, albw is on a limbo of 2.5D zeldas living with phantom hourglass and spirit tracks.

No one hates the lore in Skyward Sword, they hate the tedious tutorials, linear pathways, and Fi being an obnoxious piece of shit. Most everyone I've talked to loved stuff like the Time Stones (or whatever they were called) and didn't mind the sci-fi Sheikah technology, the Goddess Hylia/Demise twist, et cetera. They just hated the gameplay part.

As long as the references are all to SS's setting, no one will care. If they bring back Fi, though, as anything more than a voice in Zelda's head in one cutscene, there will be riots.

Zelda lorefags, easily.
At least From give a shit about their games' lore.

No, I follow you there. If anything because of the controls it's closer to the 2D Zeldas than PH/ST are. I'm more looking at it from a programming perspective - ALBW's 3D engine allows for a metric fuckton of glitches and exploits, but I don't think the game would have worked nearly as well in a 2D engine.

From a game design perspective I do agree with you, though.

We have altered the lore. Pray we do not alter it further.

I disagree
If we ever get to the point where VR isn't shit, not having 1:1 movement and physics would be fucking retarded
It just shouldn't be done now

You're dead nigga

I know. But what I meant is that if the game was directed by, say, Aonuma or someone else entirely, I'm certain nothing about SS would make into BotW. People don't love it enough that they would be up in arms if, like, everything about it was never mentioned in a Zelda ever again. All that stuff being brought back was all Fujibayashi trying to solidify his vision, though respecting Miyamoto's and Aonuma's. And I'm all for it and I pity the lorefags that want to make sense of a series of games directed by a lot of different people and devteams with some very different creative vision. But fuck lorefags.

It's not like Hyrule hasn't sunken into the sea in other games.

The Goddesses were always a huge part of the story since Zelda started having a story. Link to the Past's japanese name is Triforce of the Gods.

By 1998 3D games had already been the norm for several years. Ocarina of Time was nothing particularly special. It's not that the game has aged or anything, it's as good now as it was then, which is pretty good, but the only reason to think it was so amazing back then is because you, at the time, were either a casual, or a kid (meaning you haven't had the time to play enough games to not be a casual).

I'm pretty sure Z-Targeting was groundbreaking at the time and changed 3D action games for the better.

But I have to agree that at the age of 12 and being a poorfag without access to a PC, OoT was very groundbreaking for me on some other things that wasn't THAT groundbreaking at the time. Like mixing 3rd and 1st person gameplay and being a primitive 3D open world game all in all (both of these some PC games already did in some shape or even better than OoT). But it is undeniable that OoT did all this extremely well, even the things it didn't "invent", and set the bar for everything with its scope that came after it, including all future 3D Zelda.

OoT plays pretty much like Link to the Past but in 3D. It's not like Zelda really broke the mold when it changed to 3D, like Mario or even Sonic did. This is why we have discussions in this very thread about weather certain Zeldas are 2D or 3D, because they don't play particularly differently.

All the Goddesses did was make the Earth and the Triforce, and then depart for the heavens. Their role in the Zelda lore was nowhere near as bad as whatever gods were in Skyward Sword handwaving fucking everything.

NO MARIE NO BUY

Wow Nintendo really is going to shit. This is Marvel tier retconning.

If Breath of the Wild had more enemy variety, they would have been able to force the player to use different weapons without having weapons break every ten seconds.

How so?

Different enemy types requiring different weapons to deal with, rather than most of the tougher enemies being damage sponges

I do. I hate how Ganon is no longer so evil and powerful because he's just like that, but because of some bullshit curse. I hate how Link is explicitly the reincarnation of this one guy a goddess liked. I hate how there's an origin for any of it, at all. Sometimes mystery and vague legend is better than complete explanation, and Skyward Sword is an example of that. The Master Sword is less cool, now that I know where it came from.

That's almost worse

Autistic rambling ahead
Man I'm so fucking shit, I'm such an autist. I'm playing Ocarina of time for the first time and am having a great time. I got to the shadow temple and I guess I must have misread or skimmed through the dialogue, I wasn't really paying attention. I recall Sheik telling me that I need the eye of truth or something to be able to get into the shadow temple. So I get in the shadow temple, I get told by the wall in the temple I need the lens of truth or I'll have troubles and I figured this is what Sheik meant. I walk right through the wall and I think to myself didn't I need an a key to get into the temple? I progress through the dungeon walk through some more walls and it's bugging me that I got through the temple without a key, I swear I needed a key to get in.

So I look up a guide and it turns out the Lens of truth is something completely different and I didn't need a key to get in the temple so like a retard I look more into it and discover that you need to go back in time play the song of storm and get hte lens of truth.

I'm this far into the game and if I hadn't read that guide, I'm not sure I would have figured out I can go back in time and find the lens of truth myself. I'm legit pissed that I didn't figure out such a significant part of the game out, I should have paid attention to the dialogue maybe I would have figured it out because I did end up getting the song of storm and thinking to myself alright how do I go back in time? I figured I would have gotten a song to play later in the game. Sorry for my autistic rambling I'm just upset I'm such a retard.

Talk to more people. The lore in Skyward Sword is absolute shit

Not possible unless you have a cure against inner ear.

Not shit VR(on the shitty scale we have now) is already a cure for that

really digging how that stalfo sword looks like
wish there were any of those fuckers on botw

Fuck off

Obviously it wouldn't restrict people to one weapon type but having said weapon be easier against that enemy

IT WILL BE A HOUSEHOLD ITEM! YOU'LL SEE! REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

well you're supposed to find out as adult link by talking with some old man who tells you the story about somebody in the well or something

If you enter the windmill as an adult and go from there the Lens of Truth are pretty much handed to you

People already can play VR games with the standard sets just fine without getting sick
It's primarily a software problem, not hardware

Whichever dimension you came from, welcome to this new dimension where people get VR sickness no matter what.

Some people, not all
And even many of those people are usually okay in games that aren't thrown together by retards

As I said, welcome to this new dimension.

I did talk to him but I guess it went over my head. I have a lot of trouble focusing when I'm playing a game or doing anything. My mind is always adrift, I need to fix that.

Yeah I figured I played song of storms as an adult if only I could play it as a kid. I didn't bother once to go back to the temple of time to find out I can time travel. I'm sorry for the autistic rambling, I'm just upset with myself. Lesson learned though I need to focus and pay attention.

Well your echo chamber seems pretty awful, I don't know how you live there

Wew

You should kill yourself quickly.

Why would I kill myself? We've covered that I come from the good timeline, you're the one from the shit universe

>>>Holla Forums

This entire dimension is apparently my personal "echo chamber" according to you and you don't know how people could live there. Only thing you can do to avoid living in it is suicide. Do it.

This is fucking retarded. I like the idea where Termina is limbo and Link is dead and the different temples are the different stages of grief. It makes more logical sense than this pile of crap.

Ocarina was extremely polished. Have you played most of the third party jumping platforming games that came out on the N64? Terrible camera control, bad textures everywhere, repetitive gameplay. Gex64 is a prime example and there are many, many more. For every good platformer on the N64 there are about 8 terrible games.

Termina being a type of limbo has been discussed to death though

I refuse to believe it. It's a Twilight Zone alternate universe, maybe made of his memories, but it's not like the skull kid leaves afterwards. Maybe the world remains after Link fucks off.

You talkin shit about Gex son?

Gex had one decent game, and that was the first one.

I don't like this. Majora's mask is probably my favorite Zelda, and they've done this to it, 16 years after I beat it. This isn't fair.

I thought that was the point of the game.

Can't even get the one good one right.

Gex 3 was even worse than the second one. Shitty levels, worse jokes, and 3dpd.

Honestly, both Holla Forums and Holla Forums are echo chambers, for commies and nazis respectively.

Nice to know the themes of the game and the emotional significance of risking your life and waiting with Anju until the very end for Kafei to come back is completely shitted on since neither of them were real and were just walking, soulless manifestations of some little gay imp's insecurities. Which he never overcame in the end, because if the Giants were only just representations he created based on the real friends that left him before he found the mask, then it wasn't his real friends that made him realize they were still his friends despite everything at the end of the game, just imitations he created, which makes the realization completely empty and seem like a delusional coping mechanism.

Just what the fuck were they thinking

The point of the game was abusing time travel to fix everyone's lives and stopping the end of the world. Having all of it be meaningless in the end because none of it was real is pretty much the opposite of the point of the game.

Besides, if all of it being fake is really what they intended all along, then the game is just a shittier version of Link's Awakening. At least that game actually integrated that into the plot, instead of putting it into a book two decades after the fact.

Why is it, that the only decent Zeldos have such bittersweet endings?

Is there a deeper meaning to this? Does innocence have to die, for boys to become men?

"If we say this crazy thing about this beloved game, we'll drum up a ton of attention!"
That, or someone got the chance to canonize their fanfiction.

You're right.

Good. Actually perfect. Now all that remains is to wipe off the bullshit about the splitting timelines (WW was just a phase) and we're back on track.

Timeline overdose is the AIDS that's killed comic books, I don't want it here.

Nope.

This lore is real fucking crazy, Scoob

Now he's right.

Not to mention most of them are, at best, designed about as well as the lesser dungeons from Skyward Sword. Some of them are just the virtual equivalent of these things.

proof that Miyamoto is losing his mind as he ages, because this is all stupid.

Are you going to post that in every thread Holla Forums? This is Holla Forumschan so your butthurt does nothing.

I'm enjoying BOTW a fucking lot, but so far I haven't found a shrine that utilizes more than two of your abilities at once. The only one that actually made me stop and think was the ice cube and the flame jets, where you have to use time stop and magnesis at the same time. The others were piss-easy. It feels like they're just tech demos for the abilities you got early in the game, to train you for using them in the Divine Beasts. Speaking of, once you're inside a Divine Beast they're pretty easy too and nothing like the Temples of older games.

But I also find myself enjoying the world so much that completing a shrine feels like a chore. I'm glad they're short because I can finish it and get back to traveling or finding new ways to slaughter monsters. I've actually stopped progressing on purpose after finishing two Beasts, because I can see the finish line and I don't want this game to end. I'm doing all the side quests and shit first, and exploring to find 100% of the shrines because it allows me to see more of the world. My only real criticism so far has been that the music is too mellow and understated when you're exploring, but I think if you were hearing the same song for tens of hours it would probably get old so I understand the design route they took there. It also makes the game feel more dramatic when something happens and real music actually kicks in.

As a point of reference, I've spent 50 hours on this game since buying it 5 days ago.

this image doesn't even make sense, especially considering it's supposed to be the opposite of the other meme its based on.

Someone pretending to be "centrist" would likely target anti-SJWs, because that's what most of them do is complain about how bad the alt-right and Holla Forums is.

also you're trying to imply that Holla Forums types masquerade who they are when they enter discussions, but I'm pretty sure most complaints about Holla Forums is that they do the exact opposite, that they are extremely proud and bold in proclaiming they are from Holla Forums and being straightforward with their beliefs, so you fail on that regard as well.

Miyamoto isn't responsible for this you retard, his only contribution to Breath of the Wild was directing the animations which are fabulous, this has to be bait.

the man who was in charge of A Link to the Pasts Manual is responsible for most of Zelda's good lore, all the games he worked on were peak Zelda lore and before the retarded timelines bullshit, I don't remember anything about Timelines pre Twilight Princess

I wouldn't say they're bad, some of them are good but none of them are great, I was expecting that the shrines being optional there would be a focus on making some of them hard puzzles, but they just don't push that far, Masters Quest DLC could be good if they redo all the puzzles, I loved the puzzles in OoT Master's Quest.

And fuck the tests of strength, I wanted puzzles from shrines, plenty of better opportunities for combat in the overworld, even the Reward Shrines would have been great as just pedestals that hold a Monk and a chests, not really sure why they were entire shrines you had to enter.

Remember the true ending to Links Awakening lad?
Not like they haven't pulled this shit before.

Nintendo made Link's Awakening. Capcom oversaw the GBA port of A Link to the Past, even contributing new artwork for it

Death of the author is 100% true, if you read a book, what matters is how you interpreted it. The entire concept of canon, continuity, and franchises is autistic nonsense. There was no continuity to Greek Myths.

Koizumi really has one way of telling an intro though. I mean, it was great in LA and MM, but in Sunshine and Galaxy it was a little much. Odyssey will probably have the same kind of intro honestly. He's pretty good otherwise. And if there's any truth to MM being all Skull Kid's dream or some dumb ass shit, at least it has precedence in his previous Zelda.

I don't see it that way.
If everyone in Termina was created by Skull Kid, then that makes them essentially all fragments of Skull Kid's psyche. What you're doing is helping mend the wounds that harmed Skull Kid in the first place. You're making his memories happy ones, turning despair into hope. That's a great thing, isn't it?

When people bitch about games being obtuse and vague, I'll bet that more than 90% of the time those very same faggots just skipped through important dialogue. Don't skip dialogue, user, unless it's something you've already read and understand.

Also, you needed Din's Fire to get into the Shadow Temple. It's not a traditional key per se, but in this instance it functions in the same way a key would.

Termina being a parallel world doesn't add to the timeline mess anymore than a Termina that was never real does. Even then, it was less of a parallel world and more of a trippy land that maybe wasn't meant to exist in the first place. Not to mention that Link clearly wouldn't be able to visit again anyways once he headed back into the woods, so the end result is the same as Termina not existing.

Ypu have to talk with the windmill guy as an adult, he will tell you how 7 years ago a kid played a song and destroyed his windmill he then will proceed to teach you the song. After that you can assume that the kid is you and you have to go back in time to get the eye of truth.
This is actually one of my favorite parts of the game since it plays with the concept of travel in time and the paradoxes that this can cause.

Oh Jesus fucking christ. Who gives a shit. It's like caring about the story of Mario.

ALTTP is a prequel set hundreds of years before Zelda 1 - it's even in the title. This was back when the Zelda timeline was actually comprehensible.

Despite the huge number of sequels, Zelda 2 has always been chronologically the last Zelda game… up until BOTW, which clearly takes place thousands of years later. In that context, Zelda having the complete triforce would make sense. More sense than any of the rest of this timeline bullshit, anyway.

That said, OP is pulling stuff out of his ass even more than Nintendo, as the scans posted in this thread directly contradict several of his claims. (Notably, the Oracle games ARE in the timeline - in the "main" timeline, in fact, right between Link's Awakening and Link Between Worlds.)

The split timeline hasn't changed that much from Hyrule Historia, but is still stupid. (TLDR: Ocarina of Time is a fracture point which splits the universe into three; the "adult" timeline which is the world Link saved after being ruled by Ganon for seven years, the "child" timeline which is the world Link returned to after OOT, in which Ganon never took over Hyrule, and the "Hero Dies" timeline in which the player was too lazy to properly finish Ocarina and Ganon obtained the entire triforce.)

I never said otherwise about ALTTP being before Z1 and Z2? And there's enough shit in BOTW to put it under any timeline, even WW's

I'm pretty sure that the Kokiri are the biggest indicator that it's in the WW timeline.

This means Majora actually exists in Hyrule since Termina isn't real.

Someone came up with a fucking Scooby Doo timeline in this thread. Fuck, I know which games are part of the Mario Paint canon, and no one knows what the crap that has to do with anything. Autism works in mysterious ways.

Fair enough. The wording was a bit confusing, since you stated the three of them in sequence, which to me implied ALTTP as the "last" one which would determine the Triforce's ultimate location. By contrast, if Zelda 2 was the last one, Link/Zelda had the whole thing.

True, plus the Rito never existed anywhere but the WW timeline either. Though at the same time, BOTW has them and the Zoras existing simultaneously - so it really would make more sense to do what Nintendo should always have done and not try to have a continuous timeline.

I like Zelda games but I just cannot stand the dumb fucking cutscenes and with the most recent game, the voice acting. Gotta kill Ganon. GOT IT.

so Mario Paint, Mario Artist and Super Mario Maker only?

You have no idea how far the fucking rabbit hole goes there. I'm surprised you knew about Mario Artist, N64DD games are kinda obscure. But in Mario Artist Polygon Studio, there was a minigame, or rather, a set of microgames,. These would be the inspiration for (and first stage off the first) Wario Ware. Another really obscure game was the Play Yan, a GBA cart that could play MP3s. The little white guy from one part of that went on to appear in Rhythm Heaven (which has it's own internal deep lore and references that are too much to get into now) and the DSi and 3DS's own sound app. Also appearing in those apps are a Parakeet, who would also appear in Super Mario Maker. It also might just be me (or now someone at Nintendo draws frogs) but the frog in Mario Maker also more closely resembles the ones from Frog Hop in the DS Rhythm Heaven game (this is really a stretch). To more closely tie these together, Wario Ware made some cameos in the latest Rhythm Heaven game, and had a somewhat Mario Paint inspired title all it's own with DIY. So as a breakdown Mari Paint canon consists of four distinct series.

Stop thinking with your dick

She has a good design, personality, and is relevant to the main plot as a character and not just a plot device
Seems pretty good to me

They line up but this means Zelda 1 is like some post-apoc everyone is dead setting

That's pretty in-depth user, but I'll raise you; WarioWare is an alternate universe based off of the ending to Wario Blast, where after beating Bomberman he adopts a bomb motif (seen on his jacket and in his microgames) and adopts the color scheme of blue and pink to match his fallen foe

Weren't the giants the one that sealed majora in the mask? If true, then how MM even happened? Unless you want to say that skull kid was so autistic that he created a backstory for the mask he stole

BotW is all over the place in terms of timeline. In Link's memory when Zelda's knighting him, she talks about the twilight, and the Fierce Deity gear is present in the game, but the Divine Beasts being named after sages, the Koroks and the Rito all point to it being in the WW timeline.

The end of the game was a total letdown because the Divine Beasts did something you could have done yourself, which was take off half of Ganon's health, and only for his first form. They should have combined into a Megazord and helped you fight Dark Beast Ganon.

Shit,is Wario the real one who killed Bomberman? It would also explain a lot about Konami was run if he he was the head jew there. The lore deepens.

Impressive.

I never liked MM and even I'm mad. What was wrong with making Termina some place outside Hyrule? Holodrum and Labrynna exist in the same world, outside Hyrule, why not Termina?

No one here is talking about Scoobert and Dooby you dumb fucking retard. I bet you're like some sickly skinny autistic faggot who literally thinks Scooby Jew is fucking related to Zelda cause you're retarded. I mean you fucking think the best zelda is minish cap.

What are you, fucking five? Gay? Gay and five years old? Fucking wear your diapers a little too tight there shaggert?

To be fair, Termina was never meant as a separate country like Labrynna and Holodrum, but it was always referred to as a parallel world or a mirror of what Hyrule was. This was most apparent in how all the areas of Termina mirrored that of Hyrule's

Hyrule Encyclopedia apparently has a disclaimer that Nintendo Dream magazine took creative liberties with the material, so everyone saying that it sounds like stupid fanfic bullshit is completely right.

Not to mention how almost every person you encounter is somehow a doppelganger of someone from Hyrule. (With some extreme cases, like Malon being split into sisters who look like her younger and older selves.)

Come to think of it, had Termina been stated as taking place inside LINK's mind, it would have almost made sense. But as it is, it's most logically just yet another mirror universe.

(An alternate theory, which makes a lot more sense than any of the theories put forth by this book, is that Termina/Lorule/the Sacred Realm/the Dark World are all the same mirror universe, that has been discovered and exploited by various forces multiple times throughout history.)

do you think that the WWE crossover was canon?
did they really see john cena?

Flintstones X WWE was real, as was John Cena cucking ascot boy Freddert n' Scoobz as well as Vegimite Twink Shaggert

no user, that's dumb

LOL
Don't be a gay, user.

100%. No reason they couldn't of met him, and there wasn't any contradiction in what happened in both films with the rest of the series. Same goes for the KISS movie.

You seem salty, seeing as you purposely change the character's names to appear witty.

I can see Lorule and Dark World being in the same realm, at different times.
Isn't the Sacred Realm just a small section of the Dark World? I always thought it was kept within the Dark World, kind of as the last place the darkness hadn't spread to, and then when you use the Triforce to restore the Dark World to it's original form, it kinda looks the same as the Sacred Realm.

Lorule is almost implied to be Termina, given its geographical organization and the fact there's a masked based cult forming in it. Then there's the fact that Link had Majora's Mask hanging on his wall.

The Dark World and the Sacred Realm are explicitly said to be the same place in ALttP. Ganon was sealed by the sages in the Sacred Realm, which became the Dark World through his corrupting influence.

Was that the one where Fred remembered his true form, Yabadabadobaoth

Shut the fuck up you autistic retarded clown. I swear autistic little non-white kids like you coming here from reddit are so god damned self-adsorbed with his unwarranted self-worth it's not even funny. Just Mcfucking kill yourself, or better yet let one of our boys fucking cave your head in, it'll be more dignified outside of being autistic talking about gay ass baby shows thinking it has anything to do with fucking zelda of all god damned things you dumb little nigger nigglet.

We're not allowed to say the true form of Fred Flintstone, for even spelling it out properly will lead to the individual who spelled it to die a slow and painful death by Fred himself as he covets not just Barney's wife and steals his cocoa pebbles back, but he covets your life as well.

Fred was the heavyweight champion for a reason son, the man is not of this world. Barney was merely a slave.

This pic is most accurate

I thought WarioWare is based off the ending in Wario Land 1 where he gets his own planet, and the games were just different episodes from the lives of the people on that world.

LOL
Project harder you little bitch.
You did it yourself, faggot.
Then don't whinge about it, fag. You'd know why I posted it.
[PROJECTING INTENSIFIES]
You sound a bit defensive of your own skin colour there, my melanin-enriched friend.
Now you're the one who sounds like a Mexican with 30 cousins all hopped up on steroids. :^)
With insults like that, I'm impressed you have the ability to consciously type without forgetting to breathe through your mouth.
Stay mad, faggot. :^)

I expect a full 3 page essay filled with redtext like the metamanifesto user.

captain caveman

Termina was created by the Skull Kid going mad and creating an alternate dimension where he could deal with his shit. What would have happened if Majora had actually completely overtaken the Skull Kid would have been some fresh Calamity level shit, so stopping Majoar while it was held in Skull Kid's hold-over dimension would have been Priority 1.

If he's pulling people from OOT in his memories in to his crazy brain world, it's not inconceivable he's pulling places as well, as those places exist somewhere just outside of Hyrule and end up in his fantasy land.

Skull Kid robs the Happy Mask Salesman in a forest somewhere outside Hyrule, puts on the mask, goes nuts, creates Termina and pulls Link in too while Link is wandering through said forest. Sew in a bit of "the Goddess made sure Link intercepted Skull Kid to save him" and you've got your plot.

This man gets it.

You can buy a candle from the merchant two screens away from the starting area to burn any bush you need. You can get straight to Death Mountain with a random bomb drop from an enemy but it won't let you in without the Triforce shards. You will likely get your shit kicked in though because Lynels are fucking deadly.

Hyrule Castle was amazing. When the music started playing after so many hours of minimal ambiance I was getting pumped, and the way the tunes changed and were interwoven depending on whether you were inside or outside was sublime.

Nigger you can reference a shared history (even in fantasy) without everything having to be directly related in a linear fashion. Just because On the Beach and James Bond reference the Cold War and nuclear armageddon doesn't mean they're the same fucking timeline.

Unless VR creates some magical force feedback system to prevent wild waggle flailing, and prevent the issue of a sword passing through another sword when on-screen it's presented as some kind of recoil or clash, motion controls for melee combat will always be ass.

But in BOTW during the knighting ceremony Zelda also mentioned the Hero having something something Skyward, something Time, something something Twilight, which is an entirely difference branch of the timeline.

I don't remember it ever being said that the giants sealed Majora in the first place.

That would have been fucking sweet. Megazord fighting pig Ganon at the end, with Link manning different terminals to move the thing around and take swipes at Ganon to open the weak spot. Although riding around on your horse taking potshots with the bow was also pretty epic.

Honestly, this shit, as much of a Zelda fag as I am, doesn't bother me at all. My headcanon has not-sequeled games (Zelda 1 and 2, ALTTP and Link's Awakening, etc) as separate retellings of the same story. Although the Oracle games should definitely slot in between ALTTP and Link's Awakening, with the latter occurring during Link's return home from his travel's abroad after saving Hyrule.

coming in to a thread this late was a mistake but I had time to kill

Why in the world are you trying to justify glorified fanfiction?

The Legend of Zelda is not a concrete universe with static, unchanging locations, story elements and rules. It's full of all these gamey callbacks, a lot of the elements that make up a Zelda game are there for exactly that reason: Because it's a Zelda game. I don't understand this need to autistically overanalyze every tiny detail about the game and retcon everything so that all the new story elements maybe work with the old ones, that's the kind of stuff that ruined Metal Gear. How did we get so caught up in timeline autism that the people who actually make the games started doing it?

>All of that shit about Majora's Mask
I'm still fucking livid about this, though, don't get me wrong, but there's a part of me that just feels empty. Is it too much to ask Nintendo to stop sucking dick for a while? Getting angrier and angrier at them for ruining the things I once loved is getting exhausting, I don't know how much longer I can keep this up.

Unrelated as fuck, but I need to put this autism down somewhere.

HOW TO FIX WEAPON DEGRADATION IN BOTW

Take that shit out completely. That's it, but what about all the different weapons in the game? Simply treat weapons, shields and armor as loot drops like you would find in Diablo, with starting stuff being weak as shit that you sell off as you find more powerful shit.

What was the movie called where they travelled to Lousiana and encountered real she-werewols? Remember it from when I was a kid but couldn't find the name.

It still puzzles me that they gave Link two types of unlimited bombs but didn't give him unlimited arrows, even if they had to recharge in a similar manner to bombs, considering arrows are just as important as bombs for solving puzzles.
And an "equip set" option for armour sets would be nice, since I have so fucking many pieces right now.

That was Zombie Island.

Or you could just control it through the Sheikah Slate, or a combination of both. I wonder if that was supposed to be in the game, but got cut out. It might at least somewhat make up for the fact that they never let you get Guardian lasers for your own inventory.

Timelinefags were always a scourge upon humanity. t. Former Administrator of a now-dead Zelda fansite
It goes something like this: pre-Hyrule Historia, timelinefags used to circlejerk about their cancerous bullshit in their own dedicated spaces, and everyone else either ignored or laughed at them. HH comes along, killing any ability for random fags to speculate, but in doing so, forces Nintendo to a) force square pegs into round holes, and b) start writing their games around the timeline, rather than just writing a good story. HH's timeline was pretty fucking bad, if for no reason than because of Skyward Sword's ending retconning everything about the later games (and it was one of the worst endings in the series to begin with, but now it's canonical shit.) Changing the timeline because fuck you reeks of Nintendo having painted themselves into a corner, except this time they're not even pretending to augment the existing storylines, they're just retconning things outright.
The problem isn't timelinefagging in and of itself. It's cancer, but largely innocent cancer. The moment Nintendo got in on it, possibly in an attempt to quell fan speculation, is the moment it went from innocent to damaging the integrity of original games.

I don't know why people can't just accept that each game is Link reincarnated into a new body every time.
The only games that share the same hero are OoT and MM. Everything else could and should be placed wherever you feel like it. Only one that truly needs to be properly placed is WW, as it's stated to be flooded Hyrule, so it goes towards the end.

There should only have been 1 timeline.

Nah. Since Zelda games use the hearts as HP, not actual numbers, you can't just make a weapon go from dealing 2 damage to 100 damage like in Diablo, as otherwise, you're going to get monsters with 400 hearts just to justify you having to actually try when you get the stronger weapons.

A better idea would be to keep degradation, and just send out a patch for the game that lowers the speed by 33%. It's still shit, but it's the only way I can think of to keep the weapons from just piling up and without messing around with the HP system.

Square-Enix had a similar problem with their Magitek Exosuit for Final Fantasy XV, especially since the new Power Rangers movie is coming out soon.

remember what happened when bethesda took away weapon degradation?
people still cry about it

how does pic related fit in at all?

Why would anyone fucking care? The games were always meant to be their own fully contained separate stories with the same characters appearing in them. The games don't fit together because nintendo didn't think people would be so autistic as to try to make them fit. I had to deal with a retarded as fuck Zelda fan in middle-school, he even made Zelda props that he'd bring to school

I could make the argument that it doesn't count, but why not.
Mystery Incorporated has an episode in which some of those characters appear in a dream. From that, we an assume that the dream was formed by Scooby, who had watched cartoons on the TV.
When the timeline was reset at the end of MI, Scooby's thoughts of those characters were turned into actual characters, and thus Shaggy and Scooby went to the Olympics and they were there.

My Scooby-Doo autism is off the charts, my man.

I knew a kid who dressed up as Link and learnt to play an Ocarina for Halloween.
It wasn't as endearing for two reasons:
1) He was quite a large boy
2) He didn't stop wearing it between Halloweens.

brilliant

I think that people are desperately seeking continuity and for the story to be super deep which will never be fulfilled

I don't see why since every game is it's own thing. It's like assuming every Nicholas Cage movie is secretly connected.

Instead remember how people gives Dark Souls 2 shit for its durability system. And even then, bonfires repaired non broken items.

There's no excuse for shit to break that fast.

So BOTW is just power rangers zelda, how come I dont use the master sword to kill Ganon? how come Zelda has the whole triforce? how can Ganon even have power if he doesnt have a triforce piece? Fuck you Nintendo.

Understandable. Just saying people will bitch either way.

That's pretty much how i considered it as well with a few exceptions seeming like "the same link" like the boat and train DS ones and the n64 ones

I'm more peeved that they went the "yeah he kind of said to hell with reincarnation and turned into literal hatred incarnate." I get that they wanted things to be more open ended, but it leaves a lot to be desired in terms of storytelling.

Why the fuck do they expect children's video games to be deep?

Yeah, what happened to the rivaling Factions? Whatever, I don't care anymore. Zelda II is the best game in the series, fuck the N64 cock sucking faggots, that system is shit, the games are shit and you are shit. Get fucked Nintendo.

perhaps hoping that all the time and energy they sank into these games will lead to some grand revelation?

You're entitled to your opinion, even if I think it's shit.

I already had Din's fire so I was glad I got that, but yeah I really should pay more attention.

I actually did figure that out myself I just didn't know you could travel back in time. I'm an autist but I'm over it, huge lesson learned though I need to pay attention.

I still don't get why Skullkid had such godlike powers. Can't we stop chasing after the triforce, if holding the mask is so broken?

BoTW is shit. SS is shit. TP is mediocre.

This.
I liked Ganon as a villain because he wasn't super-powerful by birthright or anything, he was just some guy who wanted to be powerful and wreck shit, so he did, and he did it so hard they had to create an entire cycle of reincarnations to stop him doing it again. A man who challenged the gods and won.

See I'm getting the opposite. The wonderment of the big world wears off quickly and I'm faced with how barren the world actually is. Wandering around is neat and all for the first hours or so, but after that it's "what is there to do?". And the sidequests don't help with how unfun and tedious they are.

At least the latter implies some kind of conflict. But it doesn't really matter, both are villain characterization 101.

It's still possible to make Ganon into something more interesting, see WW where he's basically Big Boss: a man forced to become a demon. We'll see, if and when Nintendo stops catering to toddlers.

Destiny is bullshit. If someone is fated to do something great, then that undermines their abilities and effort. It's not Ganondorf's strength that caused him to be a massive problem for Hyrule, it's just something ordained by Demise's curse. Ganondorf is no longer evil and powerful due to his own efforts. Some bullshit curse is responsible.

Like a refiner's fire I want to temper this series. BotW represents a breath of fresh air and hope the series can keep going new and welcome places. I have some ideas for what comes next.

2D Zelda. Switch and 3DS dual release. Shit on me if you want, but I loved Adventure of Link. I don't think that formula can or should ever be repeated, but it is a good inspiration for how a LBW style "3D" 2D Zelda could pull something really great off. I have this thought of an overworld that's 2D complete with a few BotW shrine like mini dungeons in overhead 2D, and then the main dungeons are actually all connected underground and are explored in 2D platforming. Basically super Metroid. Key moments in the game would be scripted to shift between overhead and platforming, with cutscenes or quiet "safe spaces" in an isometric view. The camera should intelligently but quickly shift between these views. For the most part, above ground is overhead, below ground is side scrolling. This would only work well, with fantasy tropes like torches in dark rooms and hook shots replacing Samus' explorations.

The other idea is for the proper BotW sequel. They need a more tailored experience. They need to use the same general mechanics but build a new main mechanic to make he game fresh like MM's countdown. I suggest a land/sea/air format where you have a game map the size of BotW but much of it is sea. However, it's not as much sea as WW, with very large islands that still need and have horses. There are also sky islands.
The purpose of this is to make a world that "seems" as big and "seems" as textured and layered and explorable as BotW. But, in fact when you add the numbers up, the content will be much less.
The goal is for each area to be highly designed. To compromise between the BotW dungeon and traditional, I'd propose that each "area" have different mechanics and the dungeons "split up" over than area. So, in one sense you have something like the shrines but only on one very large island. These shrines, like 8 of them, comprise ONE dungeon and share similar mechanics and a common outcome. Then, the "dungeon" of the sky might be three separate but related larger set pieces you simply fly to, but these require a common tool set which you don't get until you are "in the sky".
Basically, make 4 highly tailored "mini BotW" inside a large world area (sky, land, sea, undersea).
This wouldn't require a new mechanic like MM introduced, but if it had to have one I'd add faction wars. The different areas compete and trade and you can run ships around to get gear and rupees. Depending on you relationship with each of the four factions, you might have an easier/harder time in different areas. Maybe that's too far for Zelda.

The Triforce doesn't get you possessed by a demonic manchild

You could just add an item to the game that drops from monsters or that you craft that lets you repair weapons. It'd be that easy.

hahaha oh wow

Seeing this kind of autism makes me thankful that my parents wouldn't let me have any sort of console as a child, forcing me to play abandonware stuff in dosbox on my old laptop.

Abandonware isn't a real thing.

who the fuck cares.
/THREAD

It baffles me too. I mean, I don't mind it when the games have a decent character or two, but all these faggots whining about BoTW's lack of story are the cancer killing gaming. They're the reason shit like Uncharted is so popular, whining about narrative in games where it doesn't matter at all.

Agree, sage

POST BOTW ZELDA LEWDS

Are there any good new lolis in BOTW?

Yeah there's this one. Purah

The Gerudo chief is pretty good too.

And there are lots of cute lolis running around in the Rito and Zora towns.

Those are not for sexual, they're absolutely adorable though.

FINAL SCORE
2/10, another shit 3d Zelda game directed to jerk of OoT/WW/TP fanboys and faggot ass speed runners. The micro mmorpg wanna be bullshit is pathetic Nintendo. They are washed up faggots. As for the "lore" who fucking cares anymore. Zelda is cute, Link saves the day, Ganon is still a try hard faggot. At least in the 2d Zelda's Ganon had mystery, clearly a cult like following. Not some shitty mob spawns everywhere with no depth. Glad I didn't pay for this shit and my wiiu to play it on was 50$ bucks at a pawn shop cause some faggot sold it to get a Switch.

BOTW ITS MORPHING TIME!

Ocarina isn't a platformer, and PS1 had better games anyway.

Well yeah, Ganon came back. On the other hand, Hyrule expanded its territory exponentially.

Its like losing the Star Wars EU all over again!

MOTHER FUCKERS! I HATE NINTENDO AND I HATE THIS WORLD!

I hope those fuckers go bankrupt after all the bullshit and backstabbing they've pulled!

You fucking monsters. You all make me sick to my core. Some complained that Hyrule Historia had its flaws, but compared to this, it was harmless. Only thing bad about it was the three timelines bullshit. Other than that, it was perfect. This however… This is all just one big horrible mess.

Fuck you Nintendo. Fuck you.

Post Midnas

The director can't have possibly wrote that shit and that alone is all you would need to even care about. If the creator intended the game to be what you all know it was, then "official" for once doesn't mean shit. Dismiss.

Cast the shit away. We've seen proof nips aren't immune to retardation and the fact this is shat out entire ages after its release with all the emphasis on fixing people's lives and saving them from a apocalyse? Worthless.

BAD
WRITING

Zelda 1 had a small world packed with enemies on just about every screen. BoTW is filled with miles and miles and miles and miles and miles and miles fucking of nothing. Every Zelda game has the same core design philosophy but some execute said philosophy a lot better than others.

tl;dr fuck you

It's still amazing. Oot and MM still do what they do miles better than any other games.

Hit it on the head, a giant world filled with absolutely nothing.

Also Midna wearing panties, Did not know I had that fetish, Thanks user.

So Majoras Mask is pretty much "And then I woke up" ending. We used to get bad grades in school if we ever ended a story like that.

Easy to spot the person that has not played the game when they say dumb crap like this.

This. I first realized this after going to Akkala. Literally nothing for miles.

Forgot you faggots. Time to weaponize autism and say to fuck off like you do to anything else you know is 100% bullshit, isn't it?

Don't go there, faggot.

There's a difference between "hurr guess what none of this happened even though we shat this out decades later" and "the author doesn't understand their own story, world or even characters, like I do becuz I'm so smarter than anyone else and i sed so".

It's a garbage ending, but it's the journey that matters.

What the fuck, did they secretly hire Akira Toriyama to write this shit?

fixed

You could see it as a way of increasing his tragedy. He was born of a curse he had nothing to do with, but in his life became more than just "Demise's hatred's incarnation". Beyond the monster Ganon, there was Ganondorf, a man with hopes and dreams for his people, but the nature of his existence robbed him of his free will and ensured his plans could only ever end in ruin.
BotW sort of plays into this by showing Calamity Ganon as unable to regain a human form. All that's left of Ganondorf is his skull, and his final form is pretty much the man giving in to the monster.

That said, Ganondorf hardly got where he did because he's "just that powerful", curse or no curse. He:
- was born into a race of warriors.
- was made their king because of laws he didn't instate.
- got instructed in magic by age-old powerful witches.
It's a lot easier to do what you want when you're born with a loyal personal army and all their knowledge and resources at your disposal. The greatest feat he performed by himself was tricking a ten year old into opening the gate to the Sacred Realm for him. Everything after that he accomplished by holding onto the Triforce of Power. That's hardly "challenging the gods and winning", he was an ordinary thief who stole some power from them and they couldn't be arsed to respond because Hylia already put a system in place to deal with him ages ago.

Didn't BotW's bullshit retcon this by claiming that he only masqueraded as a Gerudo?

I think you have to take the Zelda timeline and what has been given about it with a bit of a grain of salt. Especially since new games have come out after Hyrule Historia that will throw a monkey wrench into the mix.

Consider that OoT was considered to be the FIRST in the timeline. Where everything started. Then Skyward Sword happened and I guess now THAT is the first.

Personally, I think BoTW seems to be taking place some time after Wind Waker…or at the very least some split timeline where the world wasn't flooded as a result of Ganon's rule.
Mostly this is because of the enemies present.

Urbosa outright claims that Ganondorf once reincarnated amongs the Gerudo and at one point Zelda points out that the reason he just shows up as Ganon in BOTW is that he already gave up on the reincarnation tactic.

So I guess the question is thus:
Is Ganon a being that can reincarnate without the loss of memories? Is he a bing that will always follow his own mandate regardless of incarnation?

If so, more than anything, can we consider the more bestial forms of Ganon now as a being that has continued on without reincarnation?

The details of his reincarnation aren't really made clear in any of the games as far as i know. I'm guessing that when he reincarnates he doesn't regain his memories up until a certain point in his new life otherwise he'd be a total moron if he couldn't use all those years of infancy to set up a proper rise to power.
Ganon being the accumulations of all evil from the moment Demise is defeated he is bound to try to destroy hyrule at some point.
I think so, yes. Ganon can apparently reincarnate and proceed to show his true form when necessary or just outright come out and fuck Hyrule's shit up.

Then the obvious next course of action is to establish the absolute beginning and the absolute end.
Hyrule Historia put out the multiple timelines thing…but really..I think that's lazy. To be honest, I have never liked it at all.