I'm not really digging this game so far, the controls are fucking obtuse and the combat is rather unsatisfying...

I'm not really digging this game so far, the controls are fucking obtuse and the combat is rather unsatisfying. Why is it so highly regarded? Does it get interesting at any point?

Maybe a nice JRPG would be more your speed, lad.

The older ones look like ass and the stories are not connected.

That's about all I play, wanted a change of pace for once but it's probably not here.

You're just not doing it right. Git gud, you nigger.

The music is the best part about this series if you ask me.

Kill yourself op.

Calm down Mark

Kill yourself OP.

Also play the tutorial.

Kill yourself, OP.

wew lad (Also shame on you for not at least starting in release order)
I legitimately pity and feel sorry for you dude. Playing games like these It's really not that hard to get into the danger zone.
If you really still have trouble then either kys or go find something easier pls freaking casual

Epin response :^) upboated

next time don't take Holla Forumss opinion so seriously, its just a bunch of out of touch faggots peering at the world through nostalgia goggles and grumbling and moaning about every single new thing that comes out because muh old games are better meme

Nice bait, you underaged faggot. Bet you've never even played Ace Combat.

What control scheme are you using? Have you ever played a plane game before? You do know how planes are flown, right?

The default one, the only slightly similar game that i have played before was SF643D

It's a series with arcade roots. If you don't appreciate that type of game, or flying games in general, you probably won't like it.

Have you tried setting it to Novice control schemes to familiarize yourself with the general flow of the game? It makes it far more arcadey. If you're on novice, turn it to standard and fly like a normal plane.

I haven't tried that, was playing it on Normal. Gonna give it a try.

I recently played 4, 5, and 0 for the first time and I agree. I didn't get into 4 until the last 3-5 missions or so. 5 was a hell of a lot better and easier to get into.

The standard controls are already streamlined arcade controls. It's bad advice to suggest anyone use novice/easy controls, because it makes various maneuvers impossible later on and ironically makes it harder to achieve certain things. If he doesn't learn the very basics of simple flight controls, he'll never appreciate a flight game.

Which you don't need. Yes, it can limit the stuff you do but for someone who doesn't understand how the game works at first, it might be good to introduce them with baby's first controls and then let them get used to free form controls later.

How does it feel to have such shit taste?

04 is mechanically a bit stiff. From 5 onward it feels easier to move your aircraft around, everything including the starter planes are just more responsive and it seems harder to stall out. It's a shame we'll never have an HD PS2 collection using 6's engine, because it would instantly make 04 a much better (though probably easier) game.

04 is still my favorite of the PS2 games, because 5 is full of "muh peace" nagging and filler missions. Zero is a close second, though.

I'll take it for you.

Taste is subjective

Its alright, I started it the other week. Wasnt as crazy and cool as I expected but I'll finish it up and move on to the next one.

I think that i'll just skip straight to 5.

Honestly though, I thought 4 was pretty bland until the final few missions. I would still recommend suffering through 4 before playing 5, but you are probably fine skipping it.

So far there was only 2 missions I really got into, one was when stonehenge started firing at you at the end of the mission, and the other was the big sky battle.

SJW please.

How fucking clumsy do you have to be to mess up one of the easiest games there is? I can't even say git gud because the controls aren't difficult

I'm replaying it right now on hard mode, just beat Stonehenge.
If you're not into 04, 5 and Zero's more cinematic approach and assisted movement could be more for you.
Build your skill level and get better planes. If your opinion is one on the game "so far," chances are you haven't been exposed to what the game has to offer. It may not be one of your favorites now, but I'd recommend beating it, playing the others, then going back to it when you feel ready. The AC games offer a lot for completionists.
But the honest to God truth is git gud faggot. You get what you put into it, take some time to learn how to actually move and how to engage enemies. Sit through the tutorials if you have to.

Not sure why, the game's not even that long. 5 is almost twice as long as 04 and Zero, though that space is filled with padding. It's your choice, though you're missing out.

fucking instant gratification, I swear.

They have a very SJW mentality. There are dozens of other genres and sub-genres they can play if they don't like one or they can learn to play it, as you said, but no, they have to complain about the one they don't like being too hard.

You got anything to back that up?

Switch to expert controls if you haven't yet

I see your Night and Day and raise you this

You gotta have at least a certain degree of autism to enjoy these games just like tank vidya, otherwise you will see them for what they really are.

I was digging this game since the intro and now I'm starting 0, your taste is just shit

Go play ass effect 4.

AC04 is definitely a little rough around the edges compared to 5 and Zero, and it doesn't have quite as much character. Still, I did enjoy it, even though 5 was my introduction to the series.

I also just played 2 for the hell of it. I don't know if it's just me, but it was damn near impossible for me to hit anything with guns in that game. Fortunately, that's not really a problem, since you have enough missiles that you don't need guns anyway, except for one mission where you have to shoot down a cruise missile with your gun. That was *not* fun.

Apparently AC3 just recently got a full English translation, so I'll probably check that out next.

It's really annoying that there are so few action-oriented jet fighter games. I haven't been able to find any except for an indie game called Vector Thrust, which emulates AC's gameplay perfectly and showed a lot of potential. It's even designed to be highly moddable. Too bad it's still pretty buggy, the campaign is more like a prologue to the real story, and the developer hasn't been seen in months.

Fitting thread to ask, anyone got the 3 Eng Eboot for PSP?