Did you like Magilou, Holla Forums?

Did you like Magilou, Holla Forums?

she was alright

She hits too close to home. I like her.

I don't know whats worse
All the cuckchan tier threads or the fact that there are fags replying to it.

She wasn't QUITE as annoying as she first appeared, but still pretty bad. Also, hating those English voices, especially Laphicet.

In other news, I think the game was a step down from Zestiria, mechanically speaking. I can't really say much for the plot/characters, but the combat in Berseria was basically spamming invulnerability (Therion form is immune to all status, including KO) and hoping for stuns to maintain it indefinitely. Zestiria was still spammy, but at least you had to try to not die while you were doing it. That and Zestiria's skill system had a crazy amount of room for custom builds not so much in Berseria.

I forgot this game existed already.

She's mai waifu.

That shit only work on the normal mobs. Won't be able to spam on bosses unless you're the queen of perfect dodging to get the SP for blast mode.

WAIFUFAGS GET OUT HOLY SHIT STICK TO YOUR SHITTY WEDNESDAY WAIFU CIRCLEJERK THREAD

Very lewd and best girl

kill jester

I dunno, I've barely played the game yet. Got to the point where Laphi joins and dropped it for now, but I'll get back to it after I finish BotW probably. Not as cute as Rita in any case.

i loved vesperia. zestiria was decent. i played the bersia demo and fucking hated it. was the actual game any better? the combat for me was just button mashing and i felt like i had minimal control over my group.

was berseria any good?

works fine, just switch characters a couple times at the start to build Souls. I also used the 4-BG mystic arte a bunch to keep going if my souls dropped low mid fight.

story wise is miles better, gameplay its a mixed bag, the camera is no longer in the way and things are more frenetic but the game is insanely easy as point out, Velvet is way too strong and her therion crap makes her nearly immortal so long as you combo right. But i did like it a lot, deserves a pirate.

I wouldn't say miles better, but story in these games is really a matter of opinion anyway. If it's not on one of the extremes at the end of the day it's just another JRPG story.

As far as combat, you COULD challenge yourself to use another character instead of Velvet. Of course the others still have some invulnerability time during break souls as well, Velvet's is just the only one that can be maintained pretty much indefinitely. My main complaint really is that so much of the combat system is predicated on inflicting status effects in order to gain souls, which itself comes down to RNG a great deal (stun actually uses a hidden "build up" mechanic similar to how statuses work in dark souls, but it still has a random coefficient)

My recommendation if you are going for the challenge is to main Rokurou. His break soul is actually a counterattack, so it does nothing if you don't time it well and even then it doesn't provide any invulnerability beyond its own animations. That and he lacks Malak artes, so you can't really just stand back and spam with him like you could with Eleanor or Eizen. Laphicet and Magilou's break souls both last for an extended duration so it's possible you could play them like Velvet with perma-invincibility, plus they are designed more as back line casters so their playstyles are going to be much safer and less challenging anyway.

Game was ok. Only reason I beat it is to pass time until Nier gets cracked.

Story is great
combat is great, but Velvet is overtuned (still fun though. very satisfying getting those stuns)
better than Zestiria which was complete and utter shit. Better than graces f combat. better story than xillia
worth playing

my only complaint is the maps are too spacey/big and its a drag walking through them. I preferred Team Symphonia's approach. Maps are full of stuff and theyre not so big so travelling through the levels is fast paced yet with puzzles to do and lots of detail in towns and the world. Symphonia/Abyss/Vesperia did it right, especially with an actual world map. Berseria has no world map. Everything is the world. and that's ok, Xillia did that too. The problem is everything is so big and its slow-paced travelling through the dungeons or the world. Its boring to traverse the world as a result

berseria is shit

Epic downvote fellow ledditor.

Fucking kill yourself, nerd.