The King of Fighters XIV

Would KoF14 ever work as a 1vs1 fighting game?

There's already 1v1 modes in home releases.
It gets rid of the strategy element of choosing character order or understanding when to use meter, but it's not like it'll be much different from two anchors with full health and full meter fighting or something.

Hehe

It's not improved version of 13 so I don't give a fuck.
No sprites no buy. Fighting genre is dead to me.

You could play 1v1 in most of the games in the series. But the game is more fun with teams.

13 was fucking shit. Because the sprites were so fucking expensive the roster was pathetically pre-nest saga small, a good portion of the roster was head swaps and all the characters had their movesets ripped apart to cut down on the animations.

13's only saving grace was that it looked good. That's it.

But there is a 1v1 mode…SF III still remains king tho

SF III isn't even the best street fighter, it's not even the best capcom fighter and there are tons of fighters that are way better than it.

I can't hear you over how wrong you are.

Let me guess, you started playing fighting games in the early 00s, right?

Yeah, I started with Tekken 3 and moved on to SFIII

You missed out on the golden age of fighting games. It's nothing to be ashamed of I was just making an observation that people who started playing fighting games in the early 00s often list SFIII as their favorite fighting game.

Samurai Showdown, Virtua Fighter, KoF, WWF Wrestlefest

I will never have this childhood again.

Even Tekken has TAG. SF is stuck on 1v1 for no reason

13 is the best kof to date.
Fuck off.

Not even fucking close. The best KoF games are 98UM, 02UM and 97. Once XIV gets a PC port it will be above XIII too.

Why are those games "better"?

There, do you need any other reason

Yes, several actually.

Oh ok then

They actually have complete rosters with characters that have complete movesets that aren't headswaps. They also have better spritework with more personality despite not being HD.

Disposable weebshit never works.

I thought that 97 was really broken but popular. Not saying that 98 or 02 aren't broken.

But Ash is a good girl.

On topic:
Tekken did the 1v1 to Tag ok. KOF should be fine with it…

It works better as a 2v2 game

That game was rubbish

You are rubbish

No seriously, it barely works as a fighting game and is extremely barebones. Not to mention that it looked like ass by the time it came out.

I wish it would, i'm not fond of 3's
2s are okay though

xiii still has a pretty healthy playerbase. i wanna get back into it tbh. xiv seems fairly slow and unappealing in comparison