Switch eShop future

archive.is/3Xjh2

Wait, why wouldn't third parties just then release their games on the eShop if they plan on developing for the Switch? I mean honestly, the Switch is apparently super easy to develop for according to other sources on the net and is basically a higher end Vita that you can hook up to your TV. Why would anybody who isn't Nintendo themselves or isn't planning on releasing a 10gb+ size game really considering releasing many physical versions of games for this thing? Snipperclips didn't even have a physical copy in stores and its barely smaller than Bomberman and if Bomberman had been released as a download only, it would have taken 20 or 25 bucks off its 50 dollar price tag and still sold as well as it did in Japan with more profit.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/GzVst
casebriefs.com/blog/law/intellectual-property-law/intellectual-property-keyed-to-merges/copyright-law/sega-enterprises-ltd-v-accolade-inc/
developer.nintendo.com/register
nintendo.com/switch/online-service/
wsj.com/articles/nintendo-to-double-production-of-switch-console-1489728545
twitter.com/AnonBabble

are they fucking retarded?

Nintendo retards will buy in to this big time. They have nothing to worry about. They never lose customers and can do anything they want.

yes this should of been apparent already to any person

does multiple heads shouting at each other count as retarded? I always imagine companies as Hydras

its probably gonna start strong like it just did because zelda. but really zelda shouldn't of been the selling point seeing as the wii u version runs better which the fps studdering was due to the switch constantly looking for wifi
and no solid new game for the system for good number of months

Dude where have you been, that's been their policy since the SNES era. Though from what I understand, they still give leeway for those who agree to make their game exclusive to a Nintendo console, but very few third party developers are willing to do that when more money can now be more easily made by multiplatting.

The main problem is that if you're developing for the Nintendo Switch, you have to pay not only a higher royalty cost but also a higher production cost because cartridges cost more. It's a Nintendo 64 situation all over again. However, the benefit the Switch has so far is that it's apparently, according to indie developers at least, the "easiest console" to develop games for (as opposed to the Wii U which lost third party support in part because of the complicated nature of the hardware), and it has a digital service. So, best case scenario would be that the Switch's third party support sticks to just making high end eShop games. I would be very surprised if Square-Enix decided to sell physical cartridges of Octopath Traveler for the Switch. And Voez is an eshop only title as well and is probably the most high end eshop only title right now.

While I like Nintendo products, I don't justify this tactic. It seems to me like a holdover from days of yore. In the past, when Nintendo still had a certain amount of domination and their only competitor was SEGA, it kinda made sense.

The Switch already has at least 3 or 4 major console movers for 2017:

1. Zelda
2. Splatoon 2
3. Mario Odyssey
4. Untitled Fire Emblem

These are games that will move console units and will be released just enough apart from one another that the steam stays going and will likely epitomize the console for this generation. The problem is the age old issue of third party support and what form it will take if any.

The article only mentions the costs of printing cartridges affecting Indie devs due to limited prints, it doesn't say anything about the costs of royalties which are unknown, unless you can produce a source on these.

I don't think this will be an issue except for companies that decide to charge their customers more, they know that a limited physical print will lead to higher costs but still decide to go through with it.

Mario Kart 8, that series as a whole is a system mover and many people buying the Switch wouldn't have picked up the WiiU, It's Fire Emblem Warrior, united Fire Emblem is next year.

Third Party support is a non issue if Nintendo would get off their arse and plug up the gaps themselves, which I believe was the whole idea of the Switch being a combined platform, but with shit like Ever Oasis, and Fire Emblem Echoes still only coming to 3ds I don't really know if they will actually follow through, the only other thing going for them is that with initial WiiU development Nintendo did say that they had struggled adapting to HD, with that out of the way the Switch should be able to outdo the WiiU in terms of releases, which it is already doing.

The mainline FE title is 2018 at the earliest and if Splatoon 1 wasn't a system seller to save the Wii U I don't see how the sequel could be with fucking paid online.

The only games worth playing on the switch (as opposed to on any other platform) will be 1st party. Why would you want to play any game on a shitty handheld unless it was your only option due to 1st party exclusivity? I hope it gets hacked and emulated year 1.

As the other user said, MK8. And any other Wiiu ports they do, since it wouldn't be unreasonable to assume a lot of people that missed out on WiiU titles might buy a Switch.

Nobody buys a console just to play Fire Emblem except nips and the weebiest of the weebs. normalfags buy consoles because of Mario Kart and to a lesser extent, Mario platformers and Zelda.

I never implied Fire Emblem was, I was just correcting that person because Fire Emblem Warriors is the Switch Fire Emblem coming this year, Fire Emblem (tentative title) is what is coming in 2018.

Nintendo has yuge sellers like Mario Kart, which sells yuge every release and scales quite well both downwards and upwards with a platforms total sales, then it has good system sellers like Mario and Zelda, I'd say Splatoon is a good seller, it sold what 4 million for a new IP on a dead system that's pretty good, it has a pretty good year 1 push, Nintendo really needs to follow through with it's other heavy hitters like Animal Crossing and Pokemon to really push the system forward, but will they.

Mario, Mario Kart, Zelda, Splatoon, Dragon Quest XI, it has a pretty good first year by most standards, I'd personally say it's the best launch year since the 6th gen, but I don't play Call of Duty or Battle Feels or a Ubisoft AAA.

Once more

YFW YOU DIDN'T BUY THE SWITCH

Nintendo has never liked third parties, this isn't news. Same with Sega, which lead to their downfall. Nintendo actually mames games that Americans buy which is why they are miraculously still afloat.

I wouldn't sell Zelda and Splatoon are console movers, since they are also on Wii U.

wouldn't say*

whoops

The exact costs of what Nintendo charges I don't think is known, but it has been Nintendo's policy for decades that it charges more to those third parties who do not make their games exclusive to Nintendo platforms. This has been one factor in their weaker third party support. But I suppose this could be changing now due to the fact that Nintendo is extending its hand to many indie developers, and the response from indie developers wouldn't be quite as strong as it has been if they weren't getting some big break by working more closely with Nintendo, and perhaps cutting royalty costs for these developers who agree to give Nintendo timed exclusives or whose only other platform is mobile devices and PC is one motivating factor.

archive.is/GzVst

Hopefully this also includes Japanese indie developers. The Switch being a haven for JRPG's and Visual Novels would at least give the Switch some moderate success as a weeaboo handheld.

Well, the Switch is easier to develop for so difficulty of figuring what to do with it shouldn't be a factor like it was for the Wii U

Just like Twilight princess on the Wii right, it's gonna sell the system, people will buy the Switch version over the WiiU version, they did the same with the Wii and GC versions and the Switch version is portable.

I swear you are just baiting with this Splatoon stuff, it's not a big system seller but it being on WiiU won't stop it from selling on Switch.

Please stop trying to rewrite history.

I never implied that. There's just no reason to buy a Switch for either of those games.

I admit to wanting this

So wait, any game released physical is going to have a markup? That's fucking gay.

Despite the meh reviews, Bomberman R is actually the best selling Bomberman in 20 years as far as the first two week sales go and has been the No. 6 best selling launch title for the Switch in Japan. So, we can probably look forward to Konami's continued support of the system with more Bomberman and maybe more revitalized franchises from their vault (Castlevania Switch?)

Most people are buying a Switch for Zelda. I think one article said that like 89% of all Switch owners bought Zelda for it.

I don't really understand your argument when it comes to Splatoon. You do know that Splatoon WAS a console mover for the Wii U and that the one for the Switch is a sequel, not a port, right?

owing physical games is a thing of the past anyway, digital was supposed to surpass it a long time ago by being cheaper, but it never happened.

No shit, it's the only good launch title.
The Wii U version has free multiplayer.

Well, I mean it's kind of a portable system, so it's a bit more forgivable for being the format that digital is kind of better on.
But it's still really fucking gay. eShop better be fucking on point with matching physical price drops if that's the case.

Fuck off faggot, history writes itself.

casebriefs.com/blog/law/intellectual-property-law/intellectual-property-keyed-to-merges/copyright-law/sega-enterprises-ltd-v-accolade-inc/

Sega refused to give out their source code to anybody in order to develop for their systems. Some neckbeards at Accolade reverse engineered the Genesis in order to make games for it and Sega responded by suing them in court and losing. This is but one of their many, many slights and failures with dealing third party. How about you fucking learn some history.

It happens, I got Ziplash and the amiibo for $5.

What makes the matter worse is that Nintendo has worked out a deal with normal game stores like Gamestop and has agreed that if a game is released on both digital and physical formats, the prices must be on par with one another.

That's why Zelda costs 60 dollars on both the eShop and at stores, even though realistically, the game could easily be sold for a profit on the eShop for something around 35 bucks. Bomberman would have probably only been 20 to 30 bucks had Konami chosen to just make it digital only. And that's why Snipperclips is only 20 dollars and Voez is only 25.

sasuga

Nintendo does plenty of eShop sales.

The reason why eshop only games aren't a thing is because retailers would get angry and not sell their future physical copies, stores like EB games and GameStop have a big grip in the industry, that's why digital costs the same as physical

We don't know if Nintendo changed their policies over time, I mean sure it's believable that they do charge more, but it's unknown so I don't think it's a valid point to bring up.

The japanese indies is a hard question, I'm doubtful but at the same time the Switch being a handheld and a home console in one makes it a very desirable gaming platform to japanese consumers, so Japanes indie devs should be looking at supporting it.

I think the Switch outdoing the WiiU is more than it being easier to develop for, it has a clearer sell and pitch, it was marketed properly, it has the added functionality of being a portable gaming device, Nintendo have consolidated their dev teams to move more games to the Switch, Nintendo aren't having troubles adapting to HD game development. and the system itself has greater momentum than the WiiU already.

That's a semi fair argument for one of those games, you seem to forget that customers will find the portability factor valuable, Splatoon 2 is a sequel. If you just want to play the game sure get it on WiiU or emulate it.

I noticed the Bomberman thing, I'm happy that Bomberman has gotten some attention, he's a classic, and I wish there were more games, but more akin to the 64 ones, also I want to see him in smash.

Konami is dead and they will probably ruin a new Castlevania.

The Zelda tie ins was for physical copies only, digital sales are around 11% of the total sales of a game on average, with the Switch digital games are slightly more valuable too adding to it's portability, it's probably greater than mid 90s for tie in ration with Switch sales when you account for digital sales.

what else is new

I came to prefer digital for Vita games for this very reason.

Since I've got a 200GB MicroSD in my Switch, games I'm likely going to play for a long time, like racing games, puzzle games, and multiplayer games will be digital. I doubt I'd ever remove Mario Kart or Smash or Puyo Puyo from my microSD once they're on there.

I got BotW physical because I'm not likely to pick it up for a year or more after I'm done with it.

I thought they would have learned by now.
I was optimistic about the switch thinking Nintendo learned from the wii u, but going by that I don't think they'll ever learn.

well, he's helping save Nintendo, so he's gotta be at this point.

Well, they didn't ruin Bomberman. I mean, I liked the game at least and it sold well. Plus, Konami said that if Bomberman R sold, they'd consider revisiting other franchises they've left in cold storage, so naturally I would assume that their next attempt would obviously be Castlevania. I would love it if the Switch became the SNES 2.0 with Square, Konami, Namco and Capcom coming back to Nintendo's side.

With my 3DS, most of the games I buy are through the eShop, but when it comes to retail titles I buy physical cause there is little price difference between the physical retail titles and their digital versions and there's the issue of SD card space. Most of the Switch games seem really small though with the exception of Zelda.

really? Sd Cards are really, really fucking cheap, it's not like the vita where it's like $40 for 16gb

Well, the 3DS is already an Atlus machine and the Switch is probably easier to make games for than the 3DS while being more powerful than the Vita. I haven't bought it yet, but apparently I Am Setsuna looks just as good on the Switch as it does on the PS4 with the only difference being that the framerate is cut in half to make sure the game has consistent quality on the go and on the TV. There could easily be plenty of overlap between the same kind of people who bought a Vita for something like Odin Sphere. After all, the very NIS put Disgaea 5 on the Switch was to satisfy the demand for it to be portable.

Even if some of the smaller Japanese studios that developed primarily for Vita don't make the jump, at least Atlus will finally be wrested away from the awful 3DS display.

Games bearing the Atlus, Xseed & Bandai Namco logos are a guarantee for the Switch. What they need are a couple more Japanese heavy hitters who normally publish or develop for PS4 or the Vita.

I live in Nu Cuckland so it's either a choice of importing from UKistan and saving $30 or paying $100 for a digital game.

Bomberman R was made by a dev studio apparently made up of ex Hudson developers, most of the Castlevania team have probably fucked off, either to other studios or with Iga to make Bloodstained, sure I'd love to see either a new Igavania or real Castlevania on the Switch, but I'm doubtful that it will be a quality title

On Sony platforms these niche devs have a pre established fanbase, they'd have to put in some effort to move their fanbase over, and they will probably just sit on the Vita as long as they possibly can, I'd love to see these niche devs move to Switch, although for the most part I'm only interested in Vanillaware on that front.

I'm still confused by the framerate of I Am Setsuna on Switch, it's not as detailed as say Splatoon on WiiU, which runs at 60fps, I hope the issue of these low quality ports ends soon.

I'm looking forward to what Atlus releases on Switch.

Have you thought about getting a different eShop account? I'm not sure if it's easy for you to get codes or a credit card that works in another region.

I think with the exchange rate I'd only save a few dollars more than just buying it in my country, I will give it a shot.

Might as well start rolling dubs.

Don't forget that the switch only has 32 gigs of storage :^)

Don't be a retard, you can get an SD card for like $30.

I mean sure the Switch isn't perfect but people act like this is a major issue that greatly impairs everyone's ability to enjoy the Switch on every level.

From what everybody has been saying, Nintendo actively funded the development of Bomberman R as well. So if Nintendo is seeing a profit on this, then maybe Nintendo might start backing not only more Bomberman games, but maybe other IP's as well. Heck, somebody start begging Nintendo to throw money at SEGA to make a new Phantasy Star for the Switch or to remaster the entire Sakura Wars series for it.

The true test I think will come when it becomes clear just how big the install base for the Switch is going to be. If the install base for the Switch gets as big as the Vita's, then most of these niche devs will move to the Switch which is basically just a Vita 2. in terms of specs. But they will only be following the lead of the bigger companies like Square Enix. So it all boils down to the projected install base and whether or not the bigger Japanese developers get on the Switch wagon, because if Square Enix isn't going to be pumping out game after game for the Switch and raking in money, then it's unlikely that somebody like Vanillaware is going to bother

I thought it was gonna be an issue too, but just look at the average Switch game's size on the eShop. Most of the games aren't even 4 gigs. Zelda is only 13 gigs cause it's so large, but Bomberman is only TWO GIGABYTES and it's actually bigger than some other games.

well no shit sherlock :'^)

And a nintendo SD card?

I wasn't aware that Nintendo funded Super Bomberman R, but that's great, I hope this pulls through.

I don't think SE has much of an effect of the uptake of Niche indies hitting switch, I just can't think of a reason why, I primarily think it's an issue with establishing that niche fanbase, it's generally there on Sony because these companies have been pushing these games out on Sony systems for decades, so they just put the games out and the fans buy the systems and the games, but with Switch there is no precedence, if they build it I'm sure their fans will come over, but I doubt these indie devs see it that way, they fucking floated the Vita almost entirely on their own backs. The Switch is going to outsell the Vita, I don't think there's any real doubt that it won't.

It's a minor issue but I don't think a vast majority of consumers would care, just another facet to shitpost about for the most part.

a generic SDXC card.

Why the fuck do you need a Nintendo SD card.
An SD card is an SD card.

Sorry, I mean in terms of the game's scale itself. It's a sandbox RPG with tons of 3D cinematic scenes and shit and needs space for all the items you carry that break after three goddam seconds of use. The game is basically padded to hell and back in order to make the whole thing feel more "VAST!" In terms of actual story though, the game probably isn't any bigger than any other fucking Zelda.

I doubt most Switch games are going to be that big in terms of content. Splatoon 2 is probably only going to be like 5 gigs if its predecessor is any indication, unless they just beef up the single player mode. Bomberman R uses very simple cutscenes in the single player and is largely a multiplayer game so it's pretty small as well for much of the same reason.

Nintendo uses generic, so you can use basically any microsd card. Jesus it's like when people couldn't figure out you could just stick a flash drive in the wii u.

Well, my own take on things is that these niche indies are not major console movers. That is the Vita relies on them but they support the Vita not through being major sellers in their own individual right but because there are so many of these kinds of games appealing to various niche fanbases that collectively they add up to enough support to keep the Vita on life support. But they aren't really what sold the console to begin with. Nobody bought a Vita specifically for the Himouto Umaru-chan game. They bought the Vita for the larger and bigger titles from the more major video game companies. And because these companies kept up consistent support, the consoles continued to sell units and the more niche developers followed suit because they saw that the Vita was selling units. The niche Japanese indie stuff may sell on the Vita, but it doesn't generally sell the console itself, these are usually games people get to fill out their library so they don't feel stupid for buying an entire new console for just one or two games from a major developer and these indie developers normally pick a console to develop for that has a large enough install base and has similar games from bigger companies whose success they can kind of leech off of.

So I think that if the Switch is going to be a major JRPG machine, then it will depend more on whether it consistently gets support from the bigger JRPG developers and publishers.

I really, really wish hardware manufacturers would stop bragging about this. No fucking duh; it's 2017, and the number of games that use high-level abstractions far outnumber the number that use low-level techniques by now. Ex: To port to the Xbox 360 with Unity, you seriously click a "publish on 360" button.

(Of course that doesn't magically change things like button prompts and graphical settings; but changing that is orders of magnitude easier than what a developer would have to do to port a game from the PS1 to the N64).

You're not wrong, but the difficulty of developing a game for one platform as opposed to another is still a major factor. One reason the Wii U lost a lot of third party support was because of its hardware. Not only was it not as powerful as its competition, but it was also more difficult to develop for, mainly due to the gamepad. The Switch doesn't suffer from this as much.

You know damn well konami wasn't going to do that. I'm honestly surprised they didn't charge people the full 60 dollars. How much do these fucking carts cost anyways, surely they can't be any more expensive than a fucking 3ds cart, not for bomberman anyways.

It's like the Holla Forums i once knew has been replaced by reddit.

sounds like bullshit people spewed about the wii u lineup when it seemed promising but ok

I get your logic, I think that Nintendo's own games could help it along but sure there is a definite need of support from Bamco, SE, TK etc. to get that niche ball rolling, not that I'm expecting big games for the Switch from any of these companies, I think DQ11 will be about it even with Switch's impending success as a system. I hope Vanillaware makes it over some time.

It's over. Nintendo won.

Why have you forsaken us devs Nintendo… the longer you make us wait the less time we'll have to get games working and ready for the holidays.

We'll be eshop only. Carts are a huge liability.

This is part of why the Wii-U died. Par for the course, Nintendo.

Didn't Nintedo have stupid as fuck account system where it locked to your console so if your WiiU is broken or stolen, you cannot transfer you account to a new WiiU

What are you going to make for Switch?

Yes, we're making exclusives for Nintendo too because the deals are good for Switch. Not going to say who we are though…

Read comment wrong, but we're porting some older games to Switch and releasing exclusives. Platformer RPG. 3rd person rogue like shooter.

I'm trying to think of any devs I know that browse here but the ones that come to mind, those games aren't coming to Switch.

Think of a recent indie game that was shilled here not too long ago. something something knight or whatever

Hollow Knight, but the person I replied to still doesn't have a dev kit, Hollow Knight was announced for Switch a while ago.

Kind of a poor argument, even if I agree with the conclusion. Like it or not, people actually bought the Wii. Nobody owns a Wii U.

Nobody bought a Wii U except me and Anthony Burch.

No it's a smartphone app.

developer.nintendo.com/register
Good luck, OP.

This is not japan

Japan is the only market that matters unless you just want to play FIFA and CoD on your Switch.

The Switch version is only available on the eShop.

Awakening sold very well in the states for a Fire Emblem game and basically created a new generation of Western fire emblem fans.

It's the same god damn game.

I'm not japanese, so i'm not a part of that market.

Switch is worse to game on than a fucking nvidia tablet.

They dropped region locking, so now you don't have to deal with NoA, NoE, etc

Fucking A, hope to see some english Asia releases

Nintendo has absolutely no clue how to make an Online store, and it's one of the biggest reasons why I haven't bought that piece of trash that is the Switch.
I have no intention to get bled dry by a company that refuses to lower their prices on titles that are half a decade old or do any kind of worthwhile sale.

What I'm supposing happens is that Nintendo sets the prices for the third parties on their store, and the actual devs have absolutely no control over them. It's a retarded system, made by a retarded company.

Gee, you think? What was your first clue, the fact that in order to play games with your friends requires sharing a 32 character hex code with each other? That they think charging arbitrary values for specific virtual console titles rather than a uniform cost for a platform is okay? The fact that they are so money grubbing that they adopted a DLC system with plastic figurines that people scalp to prevent piracy at all costs?

How about the fact that you need a smartphone app to use basic online features on the Switch?

Except it shouldn't be because flash memory today is totally different from the flash memory that N64 cartridges used, aka cheaper to produce.

You're not good at reading, are you?

Is the app out already?

Well, actually the Switch version has exclusive content.

Maybe an additional song or two that's Nintendo themed. Otherwise the same game with the same plot but for $25 instead of free like the smartphones.

Not yet.
nintendo.com/switch/online-service/

Most people are saying the Switch version is actually better though.

It also destroyed any semblance of quality the series had left after FE12 and proves that pandering to otakus and fujoshis is bad.

That is an optional app, you dumbass, all friend making and other online features can be done on the Switch itself right now.

You say that as if these games havent been complete dogshit for almost 10 years

Who's this Mr. Most?

please kill yourself

So curious and I'm lazy, what's the average size of eshop games?

like a gig or less

Neat, I can save $20 and just get a 64 gb one.

Remember how they said the same thing about Twilight Princess on the Wii?

Did they ever? I thought the consensus was that the GC version is better.

It's like how the BotW Switch is better than the WiiU's.

Not necessarily, from what I heard there are issues with performance because apparently it was a fairly recent port to pad the launch library.

The only one that looks promising is Odyssey

i was being sarcastic

You know what would make eshop shit great? Stop charging the same amount of money on eshop/physical games. Of course as a pirate I just use freeshop, but I believe even having a $10 difference between digital and physical would create more sales.

But then the physicalfags would complain they have to pay more, and the Gamestops would complain that they can't compete.

There's talk of Pokemon going on it, too.

Honestly if they move Pokemon to Switch and can the 3DS the console will sell like hotcakes.

This isn't the vita we're talking about.

They can go ahead and cry though as other anons said, Gamestop has a massive presence and won't be killed just yet. It should be obvious to these idiots that physical should cost more because you are also paying for a piece of plastic and a cartridge instead of just game files.

I don't even disagree with doing that but you're grasping at straws here. Sega didn't want them selling the devkit and having the market flooded with shitty bible adventure tier games. That's why they went to court.

History may write itself but you certainly didn't read it youngfag.

Never thought they'd be anything other than a migraine.

Whens that autism game coming out?

While generic, that game wasn't bad at all. It pisses me off that the poor-ass sales probably killed the IP

The GC doesn't have widescreen, lame!

It seems like Square Enix is giving the Switch a decent amount of support: Dragon Quest Heroes 1 & 2, Dragon Quest 11, I Am Setsuna port, Octopath Traveler. I just think the Switch needs a bigger international seller from Square.

I saw during the week Nintendo pissed a few people off because apparently the Nindies contract has a clause in it that in the 6 month launch window, they won't be accepting ports of anything that launches on PS4/Xbone first in that meantime unless devs had a good reason (EG Yooka Laylee making a late switch) and are limiting the amount of ports from self-published indies. But any of the big publishers or devs who have good history with Nintendo or Games Nintendo want are being waived (Nintendo really, really wanted Overcooked for example. And I don't blame them. That was one of Microsoft's pet games last year). I don't think that's a NOA decision (Certainly not Damon's style) and reeks of NCL but Nintendo have been really just concentrating on getting indie exclusives from proven devs for the window which is kinda shit because I wouldn't be surprised if they were told to go further on it and to sign more exclusives instead of finding the best and not limiting themselves. Some of the smarter devs will likely release Switch first if the audience is there

Only thing that sucks so far is no more free Unity Pro or exporting from any of the major engines. I'd imagine that's probably just for the launch year and to make sure devs are taking the platform seriously because curation has goddamn well vanished on PS4 (Thanks for not replacing the biggest indie champions when they left the company, letting shovelware in and tanking your own indie platform Sony)

I think Nintendo just wants to make sure that their new console has plenty of first dibs.

The Switch version of Voez is the complete package, all 100+ songs plus Switch exclusive songs for 25 bucks. Getting the whole package on the android/iOS version can cost you double that.

People who play the switch dont actually like video games are are cancer

It didn't save the WiiU but it did sell a lot of Wii Us. Put it on a more appealing console and its going to help sell that console.

I literally just sold about half those game for 200$, fuck EBgames.

If they weren't retarded they'd have released a PC platform like Steam or Origin by now.

Cemu is a big problem… for Iwata

I don't know if I can really agree with that. I know there's the whole "do whatever" on pc, but frankly I think it'd be annoying to deal with.

Because inevitably nintendo's going to expect you to have some peripherals eating up ports on your computer.

How do you do the gyro puzzles on pc?

Who says they won't?

The Switch is a portable system and handhelds are a much larger market than home consoles now. And Nintendo is already getting into the mobile scene. Who's to say they won't eventually decide to port their games to PC? It's not like they have a bad relationship with Microsoft or Apple.

The future of video games will likely be handheld/portable gaming and PC gaming and these two markets can and do overlap, since most PC gamers aren't shut-ins.

Its not Sony. You dont need their special goodgoy card.

Oh they lose customers! I used to be one of their fan boys until I realized how I was getting fucked over by them and their bullshit. They're becoming less and less relevant to gaming with each failure of a console they put out. I hope this one bombs hard and they end up going 3rd party because that's where they truly belong.

wsj.com/articles/nintendo-to-double-production-of-switch-console-1489728545

Hope they lose money on it.

they won't. But when the Switch 2 comes out, you'll have another chance to pretend Nintendo is doomed.

There is an in game option to disable gyro and just use the controller to rotate shit.

You can also just hook up Wii/WiiU sensor to your PC and use that.

Whats this obsession with going outside to play video games?
No matter where you go, Its still a sedentary activity.

I think they delayed the 2d one to summer, no date on the 3d one, the 3d one looks shit but the 2d one doesn't, and it wouldn't surprise me if the 2d one showed up the 3d release, because C Whitehead actually knows what he's doing with Sonic, unlike the team that's named after him.

I mean initial sales, buzz and pre orders were great but the 8 mirrion they already had set to put out seemed like more than enough for the coming financial year. I don't even think that their release lineup is enough to push those kind of sales, so maybe Nintendo has something else in the works like that rumoured Pokeyman Starz.

You mean sedentary like using public transport? even if you transfter 3 times or more like I've had to I was still on my ass for longer than an hour each way, prime time I could be playing Titty Ninjas in public without headphones.

It's not about playing outside, it's about being able to play anytime you have a spare moment with nothing much else to do. Also, portable systems and mobile phone games are also sometimes a much more social experience, an area in which the Switch has seriously innovated with the ease of passing a joycon to someone so they can play with you.

One reason the Japanese market, the primary market for the Switch, shifted towards handhelds and mobile phones at the expense of home video game consoles was because of long school and work hours and the high costs of buying a home console and a television to go with it. Some Japanese high school students due to studying and extracurricular activities can be stuck in school until 8 a clock, for example. A 3DS or Vita makes more sense for that kind of guy than a PS4. Handhelds like the 3DS also draw in casual and hardcore gamers alike and develop social scenes in Japan that are more active than in the United States

It seems that Nintendo's plan has been to make sure they increase sales without having too many surplus units lying around. Originally it seems they were planning on releasing the original 8 million units in batches of 2 million or so, only bringing more to the market once the stock began to run out. This way, if the Switch only ended up selling as much as the Wii U in its lifetime, they would still make a profit on it because they kept production at the minimum. This doesn't seem to be changing, it just seems that Nintendo is adjusting this tactic in proportion to the perceived demand for their console, which is probably now higher than they expected.

Going on that Foxconn leak it looks like Nintendo are able to produce around 600k Switch units a month at that one factory, which puts the supply in line with the 2 million Switch units that made it to market by launch, apparently Nintendo are getting a new shipment out before or by the end of the month and will have 2.5 million Switch's on the market at that point which is in line with the Foxconn 20,000 units a day. I don't think the 2 million is a number Nintendo just jumped on it seems that that's what Nintendo were themselves able to produce, of course Nintendo would have planned the launch date around having that amount at that point to satisfy demand. I see nothing that really points to the batches of 2 million units unless Nintendo themselves said that they were releasing the Switch in batches of 2 million units. Even going off of Nintendo's own initial 8 million within the coming financial year is only 700k more units than that factory itself was set to be able to produce. within the sapce of a year.

I just read that meme that 2 million was specifically aimed for just to constrain supply to increase demand but I think it's a series of other factors including the tight timeframe for the Switch, limited production facilities and the tepid reaction to previous Nintendo platforms, maybe some constraint sure, but not all.

I'm sure Nintendo will keep an eye on production to ensure they don't overproduce by too significant of a margin, although I'm unaware how much more WiiU's were produced compared to demand, Nintendo are good at fucking up, I won't put such a thing beyond them.

Switch is selling at a profit last I read so Nintendo will probably make money from it, I don't know if they can make money overall, the losses during the last few year have to have come from more than just the lackluster performance of the WiiU.

Looking at the numbers the demand for the Switch is definitely higher I just wonder how high it really is, I want it to do well because competition is a good thing, that and I'm a greedy cuck who loves the idea of a portable/home console hybrid with a slew of quality exclusives since it perfectly compliments my PC.

They are plenty aggressive. It might backfire though because the more indie devs who signed to launch first on PS4 or Xbone during that window before Switch might just forget switch altogether. But then it's striking that balance between being curated enough that people don't feel like they are getting shovelware but allowing plenty on the system that there's a wide selection.

How the shit Vroom In The Night Sky made it to launch is astounding though. Voez was great because it was a phone game that translated better to the tablet. NCL doesn't know how to indie yet, it seems.

Then why the fuck does the physical version of Super Bomberman R in Australia cost $90 but $65 on the eShop? Unless this is something only stipulated by NoA (which at this point wouldn't even surprise me).

Australian games retailers are fucking crooks is why.

Kill yourself retard.

Is Voez any good? Not completely sold on touch rhythm games, I prefer buttons. How's the song selection

How do I get a job there

Get a job at a big video game company? Get a CS degree, do 10 years of programming, get an MBA, 5 years of management, then apply.

Alternatively just be friends who someone else who works there.