Nier thread?

Everyone is all over Automate now, but let's have original Nier thread.
If you have nothing to discuss - feel free to dump music and art/fan art.
There is magnet for those who don't want to deal with youtube or whatever.
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:OA3DHEUODIGY6XRS4ASAQZ2QX75MSRO6

People say it aged poorly and is not enjoyable to play, but replayed it recently in preparation for the sequel I found it to be really enjoyable action game with amazing animations and satisfying weapons. I think nowadays almost all cation games are either cuhrayzee or musou, with nothing in between.
Nier fits that niche quite nicely.

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/Codeusa/Borderless-Gaming/releases/download/8.4/BorderlessGaming_8.4__setup.exe
wiki3.h1g.jp/nierautomata/index.php?個体データ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Beat Automata, just started Nier. Got to the first encounter with Kainé. Really liking it so far, aside from the damned chicken egg sidequest.

That sidequest is ez, you just compare three hints from people in town to figure out where it is.

Also, if you pick up the eagle egg in Kaine's shithole village, DO NOT SELL IT. You need it for a quest, and they're really hard to get a hold of other than that one.

also weapon upgrades. you can pick up an eagle egg from that spot mutiple times.

Before Emil blows it up, obviously.

There is also an art book on sad panda but no torrent unfortunately.
exhentai.org/g/472987/704f8a429a/
It doesn't like my proxy so I got to switch ips

It can spawn there, but it's a rare spawn and you have to fucking climb all the way up there every time to check, and then if it isn't there, you have to leave the whole fucking area, go back in, climb up, etc. It's a guaranteed spawn the first time though.

Is there any confirmation that content was cut from Nier? It feels like there should have been more going on to justify how close everyone is by the end of the first half. The voice over at the start of the intro implied something huge was happening but that scene felt like it was missing a lot of buildup.

How many endings did you get?
Did you get final/true ending?

I can only find two people giving hints, and they suggest to me that the egg(s) is/are hidden behind the arches near the fountain. I've searched there and the broken structure near there mashing (B) all around.

Isn't there a quest missing that was unique to the brother/sister relationship from Replicant?

I got them all

How good is the 360 version? Worth a buy?

What do you not like about it then?
There it a bunch of time skipping events even before the big one. Basically every time you sleep it means that more than just one night passed. It isn't said outright, but heavily implied by dialogue and the fact that you keep finding money in your house.

The fact that the world is fake and everyone is either clone or android or living magical weapon is pretty huge tbh.

I think that's a DLC exclusive to jap version that ties the whole thing into light novel or some shit.

Huh?
I mean yeah game is absolutely worth buying if you're into that kind of thing, dunno how it performs on 360 though.

Worth the 2 maples I paid for it
sealed

Why are the twins so ugly in the sequel?

Nier is a good game. Got good memories of it.

BUT LIFE IN THE SANDS CAN GET FUCKED

that does seem like a downgrade.

I had no issues with the 360 version, it's definitely worth a buy.

I'd rather there be some event after Emil joining up to solidify the group. Something they can all go through together to build a bond. It's always better to show than tell when it comes to character development.
That's all doled out at the end though. Hearing Kaine screaming at Weiss during the opening over being hypnotized and shit made me expect more than that scene actually delivered.

Oh it should be noted that Nier was translated by 8-4 but Taro kept a close eye on it and there's no problem with it from what I can remember.

I would have preferred brother to father but that's fine, nothing else that I know of either.

Maybe it was two hints, it's still easy. One person says by the arches, another person says in the shadows. Check all of the shadows cast by the arches, you'll see a prompt when you're right on top of it.

Maybe because I played a lot of jrpgs back in the day I automatically assumed that everyone became friends off-screen like they usually do in well jrpgs. But that might just be me and you're right.

Well yeah, the reveal was pretty anticlimactic, especially since shades being humans, little kids included was so heavily hinted through the drops you pretty much knew what was going on before they spelled it out to you.

That's what I've been doing, but I'll keep trying.

if you're that stuck then just look up a video of someone completing it.

Are there any quests I should entirely avoid? I've heard of an infamous farming quest that is boring shit with a crap reward.

/r/equesting Nier images

Refer to this image

Now, without all the unnecessary bull at the beginning.

Nier may have had boar drifting but Nier 2 has boar drifting and boar grinding.

9S has a cute butt

bump

Just started playing it for the first time. Managed to find a copy for $16 before it really shot up to what, $35 now?

I wanted to just play through quick to get to Automata, but man I am just enjoying it far too much. Been doing every quest so far, although these ones where I need tons of robot parts are driving me nuts. They all seem to be rare drops.

Also, got to meet to Yoko Taro at PAX and got this signed poster. It was pretty awesome.

Is it bad that I prefer daddy nier over brother nier?

No.

i'll ask here too

i have a question
i've read somewhere that if i'm a pirate i won't be able to get one of the endings
is that true?

I can't be sure, and I can't tell you why without spoiling anything. It may be true.

just spoil my shit up fam

i heard that it's related to Ending E, where you [REDACTED], but i don't get how would it be related to internet connection

You asked for it
To get the final ending, you'll need help from other players. I do not know if it impossible to do it solo, but I have you to hear of anyone accomplishing it.
Further spoiling
When you sacrifice, you help others.

you
yet*

RIP
i mean you'll be able to use online fix by REVOLT… but it's better to just buy it.

so some quick solutions for the pc release has came up. For anyone who has issues with the fullscreen looking blurry, use borderless gaming github.com/Codeusa/Borderless-Gaming/releases/download/8.4/BorderlessGaming_8.4__setup.exe

Also apparently v-sync forces it to 30 fps from reports so use your gpu software to enable v-sync outside the game if you need to use v-sync.

For the people stupid enough to buy it, does it run like shit?

So how's the pc port ?

Oh, and there's an issue with AMD driver 17.2.1

Game's only been out an hour, doubt there'll be any concrete stuff yet. You're going to have to wait.

Runs in 1600x900 when you set it to 1920x1080 and fullscreen. Only runs at 1080p in windowed.

Yeah, it's the same issue Metal Gear Revengeance had. And I don't ever think it got patched in MGR, but it's been a while since I played it.

It's not the same because people using DVI and DP are also getting it.

do japanese people only have one type of monitors?

Oh, weird. Well, as I posted above borderless gaming seems to temporarily fix it according to others. I'm waiting on full port report before I bother playing.

I don't know. With the amount of shit PC ports they crank out I'd say they do all of their coding on calculators.

I don't want to sound like a queer or anything, but those messages people left inspired me

Oh shid, give it to me straight, how bad is it? I might just refund if it really is that bad.

I think it mostly has to do with the resolution not low fps or stutters

There are complaints about cutscenes having a 30 lock and going under, is that true?

yea cutscenes are locked at 30 fps but I don't think they go under. I am gonna wait till they put an update to play it.

my cutscenes were going 10-15 fps, it's fucking insane. Aren't those pre-rendered? How's this shit even possible when everything else is fine

I fucking hate it when Holla Forums is right. Should I wait for a patch or just fucking refund it.

do both and pirate when it's cracked

I just installed the game and wonder if I'll miss out on gameplay if I play on normal instead of hard.
There appear to be zero checkpoints on hard, meaning that I have to do this intro practically flawlessly. Is the game too easy on normal? I really don't want to miss out.

Don't be a puss puss and play on hard my friend.

Do you have an AMD card?

It seems for AMD cards it's completely borked. Some can play it, but it freezes and the screen goes blank with sound, for others it happens straight from launch. People can't get past the first boss. For some Nvidia users it happens too, but for AMD it's across the board it seems. They posted an announcement saying its the 17.2.1 driver, or more precisely a combo of Win10 + RX400 series + 17.2.1, but people are reporting it exists outside that including on newer & older drivers as well as Win7 and Win8.

Basically, do not buy the game if you have AMD. If you have Nvidia, the blank screen freeze can happen, but not everyone is reporting it yet.

I'm on Nvidia. I have another computer that has AMD but instead of win10 it has 8.1, so I'll try it there and see if it works and if not I'm just gonna refund.

Lad, clearly I'm not scared of it. I just already died 3 times in a row. This wouldn't be a problem if the first few cutscenes were fucking skippable.
What are you playing it on?

Also, any non-lewd pictures of 2B?

Pretty sure you can change the difficulty in the options menu at any time so you can just do normal and turn it up if it's not challenging enough.

Sounds good user, let me know. Trying to gather all the information I can to help send it for a hopefully patch in the future.

How the fuck they fucked up with AMD when every console this gen mount AMD?

Right, it did mention that in the difficulty selection. Somehow I presumed this was excluded on hard and very hard.
Thanks user.

Thank you kindly, lad.

Well, the he consoles don't have GPUs, they have APUs. But I do not know enough about APUs to be able to tell you what the difference could be or if it would even matter.

Japs cannot into programming. At least not on the PC, but looking at console it seems they're not much better there either.

I might have an idea for AMD users, going to test it. Might be a while though.

are you going out to buy an Nvidia ?

It's simply a amd gpu and a cpu on the same silicon chip, sharing the memory.

I guess the game works on my machine.
For AMD boys try using the Borderless Gaming app from github and play the game in windowed mode, if the game keeps crashing on the prologue boss then try to skip cutscenes,

My specs are pic related, I do not have the latest drivers and I'm using Windows 8.1, I don't have any problems yet.

There are no checkpoints in the prologue on any difficulty. Stop being a fag and get through it.

I just now exited the game real quick to fap because I got too horny from those upskirts. Didn't actually expect that to happen, but damn

Well, on normal it was easy.

How do I get the Pearl Harbor Assualt archives? I was told you get them by talking to Anemone as A2 late game. I did at the very latest point possible and got nothing.

I got it after Pascal sends you to Anemone. After speaking to her for the mission I spoke to her again, and during that dialogue the camera pans over to a nearby computer terminal and she says you are free to access her logs. Interacting with the computer got me the archives.

danke

:^(

Why you do this to me Toro? Why?
Spoilers as well.

that song just plays in that area

That looks like the cave kaine lived in, do you find it in the game? Spoiler answer plz.

I mean automata, ofc it's in nier 1.

probably not the same location but it's an area emil (or one of his clones) gives you access to

ending E doesn't make the pain go away.

Get a refund now and then when a patch comes out see if the problems have been fixed.

if i want to get into this series where should i start? id rather not just bandwagon and go straight to automata. also i always appreciate muh lore

Basically DOD1 Ending E => Nier => Nier: Automata

Oh look, another game using Denuvo with performance issues. And people still want to say it doesn't affect anything.

Probably a combination of shitty coding + Denuvo.

How much stuff in Automata needs knowledge of past games?

Not much I'd assume. Small things like Kaine's music seen above is a small touch that previous players will get.

Start with Nier. The only relevance to Drakengard is that one of it's endings leads to the Nier universe. Watch the ending and then play Nier and then goto Automata.

Almost none. Main plot-wise there's nothing in Nier that is important to Automata's story. There are references and throwbacks to Nier throughout the game like certain cutscenes, characters, music, while the only knowledge you would need from Drakengard is it's Ending E cutscene that explains what caused the world to go to shit.

Start with Nier, it's better than Drakengard games to being with and will lead you straight to Automata
which is actually a prequel

>Somehow a prequel?
Taro's been screwing with timelines again.

Just finished Ending B. Felt like the bosses got a big health buff. Do they get buffed again for Ending C/D?

I was watching a stream of the game and saw Devola and Popola in it. You kill them in Nier 1.

The only good thing about nier was the music.

Devola and Popola were a series of androids, all twins named the same assigned to different towns.
Ive already gone through A through E ending since I had a Bloodborne device.

Oh, I got bored and stopped by ending B.

On a somewhat related note, I seriously don't understand the hype that Automata had. It looks like a boring as hell game to me, but everyone went crazy over it and I have lots of friends who pre-ordered this and are playing it non-stop. I just don't understand. There's literally nothing appealing in the game to me.

Are the old games on PC? Do they play well with emulators? I don't want to jump into the Xth game in a series and not know what the fuck is going on.

Kek, you missed half the fucking game.
Thing of it like this
>endings C&D are the actual second half where a new character is unlocked and you really get into some shit
bet you don't even know what's really on the moon

no, and lol

DoD works great, DoD2 doesn't real, and DoD3 and nier are ps3 only so no

Does the gameplay actually change? At all? Because once I did ending B, I was under the assumption that I would just be playing through the same thing 5 times so I could get a little bit more dialogue each time.

drakengard 2 is canon

Knowing Nier has anything to do with Drakengard is apparently a spoiler. At least that's what I was told. It meant literally nothing to me, though.

Nier Gestalt is on 360 as well.

You're so lucky. I want a signed poster.

It's like this, Satan. There's 17 chapters, and route A and B follow chapters 1-10. Route C is 11-17. Finishing route C opens up chapter select, so it's really easy to get the last two endings after that. If you've gotten ending B then you've got about 1/3 of the game left, and route C is where shit goes down hard.

Welp. Too bad it's been years and I don't remember any of the characters, their names, or what the fuck was going on. I'd have to replay the whole thing.

That's originally how I played Nier. In the US I think it was just called Nier, not Nier Gestalt. I loved that game and it's why I'm looking forward to Automata, but it looks like I won't be playing even when denuvo is cracked because it's a shitty port.

Call me when everything is fixed

Automata looks like it happens before all robots break down. In Nier all the robots are broken down. So I it's a prequel right?.

Actually, I'm a dumbass who though you were talking about Automata. ! shouldn't be posting at 2 AM. OG Nier's endings C and D require some grinding, but they follow right after B. If you aren't up for the grind, just youtube 'em.

He was talking about automata

Did you not notice everything is 20 to 30 levels higher?

👌

accord, angelic alphabet, accord being namedropped in the first village in nier automata

drakengard is pretty closely tied to nier.

I don't know what levels the bosses are. I found that they aren't any harder in NG++ anyway, now i'm just wondering whether to do ending C or D

Do C, then D.

No, it takes place like 6000 years after the first game

Completing the unit data is starting to piss me off. Anybody know where some of these enemies spawn? Desert Medium Flyer: Kamikaze, Enhanced Medium Flyer: Gunner x2 Kamikaze x2, Enhanced Reverse Jointed Goliath, Enhanced Small Sphere: Axe Equipped, and Enhanced Linked-sphere Type: Drill Equipped?

I've noticed that if I run back and forth across certain areas, sometimes enemy spawns vary, spawning more, less, or different machines. Enemies will stop spawning if you kill them forcing you to go very far away to transport to reset the spawn. I've tested this in the city caves right before the aliens, but the only enhanced enemy I've been able to find is the Small Sphere: Drill Equipped twice, despite the standard Axe Equipped one being more common. I'm also missing EMP Small Biped.

If people actually care that much to see why Ending E happens then sure they can play Drakengard. But from a story standpoint literally the only thing worth knowing from it to help aid with piecing the lore of the world is Ending E. Everything else involving it is a reference. Like the Dragoon Lance's story which is a direct reference to Angelus and Caim.

Fucking Enhanced versions are all RNG and it's stupid. Just quick travel with access points, it's faster.

From what I've read on some shitty wiki, The Enhanced flyer gunner/kamikaze can be found outside the Oil Field along the left wall (2 enemies) or in the Desert directly between the paths leading to the Desert Camp and Housing Complex amidst a group of enemies near a rock with a hackable (or empty if you got it) chest. The Enhanced Linked-sphere Drill also spawns on that rock/chest location in the Desert (speaking of which I found just now so that's a confirmed spawn location)

How? I can just run back and forth a short distance away from spawn points instead of loading the area every time.
I've been checking that area repeatedly. I've been getting nothing but Desert Medium Flyer and occasionally Desert Medium Flyer: Kamikaze x2 Gunner x2. The area along the right wall near the chest spawns Enhanced Medium Flyer Kamikaze half the time, and the other half no flyers.
I've been running around there and gotten no linked sphere types. Do you have to kill the enemies around the chest for it to spawn? Also, are you sure it wasn't a Thorn type? They both have a drill.

I just use the access points to travel somewhere else and travel back, though in this case I'm traveling from the Camp to the Oil Field repeatedly cause I need the Enhanced Multi-tier type non-gun variant. I don't know if leaving the area or transporting at access points affects RNG so use whatever you want.

Guaranteed it's the Drill type. I already had the Thorn type and when I killed it, my unit data updated. It should spawn along with the rest of the enemies, just keep trying and hope you get lucky.

Btw I'm doing this in chapter 16-01 if that helps any.

The wiki is correct, but not very clear. A tall one should spawn in the area right before the lunar tear in the beginning desert area. Hit it in the middle to make it shorter, and that will give you the other unnamed variants.

Enhanced Linked Sphere Drill type spawned where you said it would on the first try since you told me.

I also do most of my searching on chapter 17-03, but just happened to be on 16-01 when I found the drill type.

Fucking wiki's man. People can't explain shit properly.

I'll check that area later when I'm not coughing and sneezing my dick off.

wiki3.h1g.jp/nierautomata/index.php?個体データ

google translate this page from the Jap wiki worked beautiful for me.

Got Enhanced Reverse Jointed Goliath. Spawns right in front of the the Soul Box in the flooded city area.

Once again Nippon is superior. Danke.

Enhanced Medium Flyer: Gunner x2 Kamikaze x2 found in the large grassy area at the beginning of the game-post tutorial. Found in chapter 17-03.

Nip guide says EMP Small Biped is found by Engels fallen arm in the city ruins, but I can't remember which chapter it was that they spawn at all.

I always went chapter 17 unless they specified

yes, you get another character that plays like 2B but has a bigger dodge radius, charged dodging, and donte style taunts, the entire map also gets things added to it

Started this week. Maybe it's because I've playing Yakuza 0 and Gravity Rush 2 before but I'm going at a slug's pace. Got a few stupid questions if anyone could give me a hand:
1. How many access points are there in the desert? I found 2 (oil field and center).
2. I read that Emil's shop can have different things depending on where you stop him and at spot he'll sell Titanium Alloy. Is there any truth to that?
3. I'm wondering how far I'm into the game - rescued 9S and killed (?) Adam.

I'm enjoying the game a lot but overleveling is a serious issue. Like Dragon's Dogma and Witcher 3, it starts relatively balanced, bosses are still at least 3 levels over you but got out of hand quickly.
It's partly why I want to buy the Titanium Alloy. I know there's a place where enemies that can drop it spawn infinitely ( boss room in the desert housing complex ruins ) but it adds a lot of XP and I honestly can't stand those robo-Muslims any more.

copied city is about a fifth of the way through the entire game and a third of the way through 2B route.

Dang. Guess there's still a lot to go through.
I was curious because I've got my quest log at around 40%, fishing at 75% and about half the weapons. I also think I got a quest failed (Photographs) and some removed from the map. It's Dragon's Dogma all over again.
Thanks.

Side note, I love the level of customization you get with the chips. You can make some interesting things with it and I have to confess I would have never made it past the shooting section against the giant machine with the EMP emitter without auto-heal. I first placed for convenience's sake, to heal while traversing the map but it's very helpful in combat, particularly against those unique enemies that ages to beat.

The Jap site says all the other EMP enemies can be found in chapter 11. I've searched the area in every section of chapter 11 that it will let me, nothing even spawns there.

You've found all the access points in the desert.
Yes, in fact, repeatedly talk to him in the same place without even leaving. He will randomly switch between selling chips and materials. Better items can be found when he's on different routes; there are three.

Is meat box supposed to be a euphemism for vagina?

Quests do have failstates, I let some robot kid died and never had the heart to tell his mom so she was just standing there outside the village for such a long time ;_;

I was unsure because the map info seemed a bit incomplete in its opposite end. Side note, running into those giant Emil heads really freaked me out.

Had no luck switching his inventory in place; will be a bit more persistent.
From my experience, he'll sell chips in the areas near the bridge that leads to the factory and desert, sell weapons by the pond in front of the Resistance camp and sell mid-tier materials in the collapsed area.

Thanks.

I tried that quest but failed so I reloaded to try it a different time but I think it's no longer available. At least, the dot is not there anymore. Might be because 9S is not with me; he seems to do all the talking after all.

Is there any better place than the caves right before the aliens to try and get the Enhanced Small Sphere: Axe Equipped to spawn? I know there are a few in the largeer cave below. They're sparser, but I see more enhanced units down there, so there might a higher enhanced enemy chance there. I've gotten 5 Enhanced Small Sphere: Drill Equipped machines to spawn on my reglar route already.

At that point in the game, I would ignore all quests and just follow the main quest.

I just found out that A2, despite wearing very little, also has clothes destruction. When you use berserker mode, the small cloth covering her stomach is blown off. She has a cute bellybutton.

Holy shit, this is great. Thanks.

Note that it says eagle egg has a good chance of spawning. This is not true. I believe though, that on your first visit to Aerie Village, one will spawn some below the mayor's house guaranteed. I'd get it as soon as possible.

It's not

No these are just different pair of twins

In Nier will there be a better method to collect materials later than digging around in the dirt every ten feet?

Since Forest Kingdom was built on top of Aerie (you get eagle eggs as items in there), the desert was once Facade Kingdom, where would the original village and the trading village be now?

Yea you get autoloot chip later on where items fly into you

Oh and the abandoned factory was once the abandoned factory

Doing this quest like…

refused to use it, short/longsword or double fists is more fun

I think part of Façade is in that are where you find those flat short rooftops don't know where the others are
also what the fuck, is the red eye thing still going after 9000+ years and why are androids/machines affected by it?

If you meant some curse in Drakengard, I've beaten Ending C and all I know is that its caused by an entity of the automata universe

Try hitting the rabbit statue in the amusement park

you gotta hit him for like 3 minutes straight now just a handful of times

aint even right

I was reading grimnoir nier and then it hit me how similar it is to the legion and the red eyes

speed star is a cheating bitch.

For challenge 3, have speed chip +6, speed salve large then free fall from building and just run to the finish line. Even then you you're suppose to beat him within a milisecond

just before you posted this i managed to best him with a movement speed+4 and some speed salve, i checked a youtube video and if you dodge/jump/dodge/glide off the initial building you get a way better lead

How the fuck

Oh I thought glide is slower than free falling

this is the video i used to learn the trick, free fall is fast but recovering from impact isn't

I was lucky enough to find it (and here I thought I spent all "lucky points" fishing the pipe at first try and Pod B without even expecting it) but still stuck running in circles for the third artifact.
I'm trying really hard to not go "fuck it! gonna YT this shit" as I did for the Virtuous bracers then felt like a stupid asshole for not realizing I could walk over that part.

I understand he lost the meaning of its life but that other one was just waving a flag, he didn't have to die

judging by the dialogue flag guy exploded for a laugh

m8 it took me three hours to beat the first mission on hard.

nah man his unit data says he "awakened to a calm within himself" and he was "satisfied with his life" :^)

>can equip the battlesuit whenever i want now
this is even better than that fat ass

IN NIER

It took me two tries. One to realize you die in two hits, and the other to not get hit more than once at once because the tutorial is shit easy.

what happens when you beat the game on very hard mode?

Nothing.
I don't actually know, will try when I finish Unit Data and Fishing.
Probably nothing. There's no achievement for it.

I need three fish, Arowana Machine, Killifish Machine, and Beetle Fish. I am fishing for them in the shallow forest river downstream, the pond outside the resistance, and the Oasis respectively.

I need two machines. The Enhanced Small Sphere: Axe Equipped, and the EMP Small Biped. I am searching for them in the cave before the ayylmaos and fucking everywhere in chapter 11 respectively.

Is there anything I can possibly do differently that might remotely improve my chances of finding these little shits?

i think you find arrowana deep underground, in the little pool you find on the way to emils house. killifish machine is really common i'm surprised you haven't got it yet

It's neat to see consequences for what you do in not so expected ways, like after you do those combat trials for Jackass and turns those two androids into addicts from the drug she made from the results.

I find arowana in various places. The pool, the forest rivers, the oasis. No machines though.

Only Partway through the Third playthrough, and I have to say, fuck the 9S sections, he is my absolute least favorite to play is, even with all of my OP chips and being overleveled as fuck fighting with him is tedious as hell and his hacking minigame is either teeth grittingly hard or boringly easy

git gud

I have user, like I said, most of them are either too hard or too easy, it's not fun, it's just tedious both ways.

DO YOU GIVE UP HERE? DO YOU THINK GAMES ARE SILLY LITTLE THINGS? DO YOU ADMIT THERE IS NO MEANING TO THIS WORLD?

taro you fucking madman

git gud

Anyone else feel like the Chip fusing system is broken as fuck? IIRC the vendor in the robo-village sells EXP Gain +1 chips that you can buy and fuse so long as you have enough money, by my third playthrough I'm almost 10 levels ahead of all the enemies.

In Nier Automata, can we agree Ending U is the best ending?

can i brute force my way through the credits bullet hell or is it attempting to force me to connect to network?

You can try but it will keep forcing it and it's next to impossible.
But don't let me stop you, aim for the stars user.

so it is possible to beat it then.

marketing division is my true final boss

Sure, maybe, good luck I guess.

DID THEY PATCH IT SO IT WORKS WELL ON PC YET?

specs:
i5 @4.5GHz
16Gb RAM
SSD

did the pc version got cracked already?

This is some bullshit! Why can't I join the cult ? They got a kick ass theme and everything.
BECOME AS GODS! BECOME AS GODS!

Even without the exp chips, overleveling is a problem

>accidentally connect to network during battle credits
holy shit that was magical

whats wrong on pc?
I played 8 hours already and everything is fine

>THANK YOU FOR PLAYING

i hadn't even finished all the sidequests yet but i don't regret my choice

I'm preparing for very hard. Do reset chips work on that mode, and if so, what the fuck drops them? I've done 99% of everything and I've only naturally come across a +1 and a +3, both non-diamond, and both as sidequest rewards.

Oh shit, I finally found out what one of my favorite epic themes in Automata was. Why did it take me so long to find it?

Because it was a goddamn REMIX! I was only looking for new song titles!

I don't know what's more shameful: not recognizing this, or not IMMEDIATELY recognizing that Emil sings his shop theme to the tune of "Emil."

Does anyone know what the reward is for completing the arcade? I've only completed 32 rounds because I'm scrub who sucks at bullet hell. I do think it would be much easier with keyboard and mouse.

so Nier and yet so far guys amiright? x)

what is your opinion on rimjobs?

Made it up to 38 now, and with a lot of luck. Unless this gives something amazing, I'm probably not gonna do it. Every other reward it's given has been trash.

Just finished 2B's part. IMHO that last bit could have been stretched out a bit more. You go on crazy cult adventures with Pascal and then the part's finale gets dropped like a bomb with Eve basically pulling a Leeroy Jenkins. "Thumbs up, let's do this!"
Doesn't help I was 7 levels over the part's end boss and I've got about 5 quests that weren't finished plus 2 failed and whatever else I missed.

lel

Did you take damage just before the revealing scene?
That sounds like Auto-Heal chip in effect.

must have the auto heal chip
Didn't even realize I had it

Who was the chucklefuck at Platinum that thought no lock on was a good idea for hard mode? Did none of them ever play the shit show that was DmC?

I want something harder than normal, but I don't want half the difficulty to come from the fact that I have to break my hands clawing the controller 24/7.

git gud, i played through normal with lockon turned off just so i could remap the button to something else

And before someone says it, I get that lock on makes your drone shots over powered. But they should have balanced the strength of the drone instead of using the lazy band-aid fix of removing a feature that's considered essential for action games.

Lock on sucks ass though. It makes your drone hit your target 50% of the time.
Just get the auto heal, spam drone fire, and dodge if you're so shit at video games.

kek just play with kb+mouse faggot, no problem there

Clawing?

This really, things went straight to 11, hopefully they explain it more in the other paths

They did a kickass job on the soundtrack for the game, everything fit perfectly

Ending A should have cut off before the blinking started.

How do you triple jump, is there a guide out there that I'm missing?

I know there's a special move where you get the pod to toss you forward. I think it was (Pod Program) + (Jump), but I never used it enough to be sure I was getting the input right. Hell, I think it mostly happened on accident to me. Also don't know how well it works with a double jump, if it does at all.

Just started with 9S and so far, kudos to them for this not being the same game with a different character but I get feeling that the hacking will get tiresome quickly. I can already tell it does a lot of padding.
Still, the start is fantastic. You control a stubby who goes pick a bucket of oil to give a dead biped he's calling brother and as I carried the bucket, I tripped on a pipe and spilled the whole thing. I never asked for these feels.
Anyway, there's a few things here and there so I wager 9S's part will provide more context.

From what I gathered, to get the most height you hit Heavy right as you jump to do a launcher, then use the Mirage pod program and then jump again.

Pod fling is pod fire + jump. Took me its sweet time to remember that one from the demo.

I had a brief moment of rage when 8-4 killed me

40 gives simple gadgets and some other stuff I think

Just played drakengard for the first time
It's fucking ace combat with dragons

Why isn't this getting more games?

Excellent game lads

on PC? Check the steam page and the thread we had yesterday. It's awful.
Framerate sucks, crashes for AMD users, can't go above 720 because it just stretches everything beyond that, saves sometimes won't save. Were you living under a rock? It's bad.

DID SOMEBODY SAY

ART DUMP?

It's Musou where you can can travel on a Z axis. Musou sucks to begin with, it's a dumb button masher.

D&C shill

Because the other 2 are much worse
You might still want to play the second one for a few select moments though

How am I a D&C shill? Do you even know what that means? The game didn't work for a lot of people.

Has the PC version been patched to work yet

But he's right the PC port shouldn't be tolerated for being that shit.

During the Grun fight I spontaneously retarded and fucking forgot how to shoot and beat it just spamming spinny sword. I didn't even know you could use spin sword to cleave through dark bullets on previous fliers.

Yeah chips are a lot of fun, running full on ranged attack now for a break and just blasting shit to pieces I LOVE HACKING

Fullscreen crashes. A lot.

KYS. He's right. That doesn't mean the purchase is a bad one. Just wait until shit gets patched or bear through it. This is coming fro, someone who gets crashed and white screen of death on an Nividia driver. The fucking game keeps crashing it under the right conditions.

I miss him, Holla Forums

AhahahaHAHAHAHAHA
The kicker is that at 1600x900, "optimized" is right at the middle.

has automata been a disappointment for anyone else? i expect MGR with a good story but it's pretty shit in nearly all aspects.
ugly/empty/poorly designed environments, fragmented clusterfuck of a story, and extremely watered down combat. i remember hyrule warriors having more variety in a single weapon/character than even 2 automata types.
difficulty is non existant.. any time you get hit you just pause and heal to full with unlimited and cheap consumables or slot some healing chips.
this was supposed to be my goty but it's worse than just about every 60 dollar title ive played in a year or two.
the music is great I guess

I just spent a fucking hour fighting those giant bronze robots then the game goes to white screen, wiping out all the fucking progress I made.
I mad.

You get into a groove with it after a while and you take a ton of damage off the enemy with it too, so it's worth it. Playing as 9S after 2B was terrible, though, as there's only one weapon and one combo for it.

That said, I hope you get used to the hacking since YOU BETTER

I prefer A2 to 2B honestly, but I've always been more of an Ara~ man and A2 is basically like 2B but older, if that makes sense.

ACCORD is still best waifu though.

WHY WAS ACCORD NOT IN THIS GAME? IT IS LITERALLY ALL ABOUT ANDROIDS!

Beat them just now. Courageous Brother and Giant Gold Bipod.

i found a weapon shop flyer with her name on it in the canyon but that's all i found

she is mentioned by the weapons shop seller in the first rebel camp. He says he gets his stock from accord, implying the weapons in the game are also pan-dimensional.

I'm assuming you're only on Playthrough 1, the story is nothing special till at least Playthrough 3 and the last 3 endings, which are amazing

So I've gotten all endings in nier automata but I still dont understand who the aliens were. It just seems outlandish even for the drakengard/nier lore

a2's hot as shit and too underrated. There's barely any art of her compared to 2b.

How do you pet the pod on the PC?

Does Emil only sell shit like the weapons and accessories at certain points in the story or do you just have to reload until you get lucky?

how does one get that fucking pod that I hear always in the forest? Please don't tell me you actually have to fish for it

:^)

He will randomly be taking one of three different routes. Each route has two sets of items you can buy from that chosen at random each time you talk to him. Just keep talking to him until sells the other shit. The best stuff is on the route where he becomes sanic.

Just keep looking.

I bet you think you're really fucking clever.

It's possible to pet the pod in the PC version, but I only triggered it once on accident and I have no idea how to do it properly

Shake your mouse a bit.

It took me an embarrassing amount of attempts to get this one

That seems like it could get annoying.

Anyone have a link to the soundtrack?

Are you retarded and/or blind?

I never read OPs so the former.

That's new to me. What are the moves after the launcher? Just a couple of lights?

Understatement of the year.

How do you interact with the pod like that?

The OP is the first game's soundtrack. I'll just go look it up :^)

Finally.

So how the fuck do you pet the pod on PC?

You boys need to learn how to read

Ok how the fuck I get good at this game?
How the fuck do I kill this faggot? I just got him stun locked in factory why can't you allow me to do it again?

Is it like crazhee games that I should just try so fucking hard I actually will manage to dodge every single of his attacks? Should I just accept that I will get fucked by getting out of position two attacks before that and I will need perfect timing either way?

Also awesome game if they will port other games by Moonman I am getting into them.

Like double tapping to dodge? I can see that happening.

Read nigga.

Shit, last was meant for

Shoot him until he loses his shield then keep breaking his legs so that he's constantly getting stunned and once he's in his ball form just hit him once.

…but I'm a lowly Bloodstation peasant, user. That said, I could have googled that shit as I just did.

I just shot that thing to death since you can't touch the water. The bomb pod program made short work of it.
Then again, I finished the first part quite overleveled.

Oh so you can do stun lock him. I assumed hitting his legs had nothing to do with it but well.
I am turning off Don't Lose Your Way. There will be no training montage of my playthrough.

Also any solution to double tapping to dodge? Or shit's fucked?

Yeah, but how do you pet the pod on PC with a controller?

I will not answer your question solely because how I envy your dodge button.

Yes, on hard mode you basically need frame-perfect dodging.

Also got ps4 import but want PC, crack when?

A2 with glasses is cute.

Okay so I got the blue and pink ribbons from doing the robot sister side quest, what did you do to get the glasses?

There's a ladder in the building across from the one you land on at the beginning. You can use the ladder to go to the roof on route C/D

The fuck did you expect? It got on PC two days ago.

I expected a Nier Automata PC thread like we have had for the past 2 days instead of just taking over an OG Nier thread.

Shit's fucked, getting a controller is the only solution.

Oh shit I am retarded. There is a Nier Automata thread. It just doesn't have it in the title because the OP is also a retard.

This shit is wrong. Bon Appetite does have unique companion dialogue. Is this thing even worth following? Is there not simply a list of the quests that aren't worth your time?

God damnit, I tried, I fucking tried to finish this game but the awful side quests and the terrible combat cant keep me motivated to end the game.
I have just given up after the eye ball boss from the Aerie and I cant say im regretful, I respect YT but this game is awful and no matter how many lovable characters and nice mysteries it throws at me I cant stomach finishing this tripe.

Thank god another dev was in charge of the gameplay in Automata.

>all the children of the machine village kill themselves
Goddammit Yoko Taro.

The lock-on makes your drone shots have huge bullet spread. Half the time you're better off aiming manually since manual fire always goes in a straight line.
That's a non-isuue for Pod B, though.

Requesting that picture of a red-eyed machine captioned with "THIS CANNOT CONTINUE"

apparently if you erade pascals memories after that you can get a weapon later, i chose the opposite choice because it seemed more in character for A2

i thought the new ones were cute, but i might just be thinking that because they weren't fucking everything up

I walked out without making a choice.

is automata like the first nier where you have to collect all weapons to get the true ending?

No.

what happens when you do that?

kinda the same question

Pascal calls you a monster and some other stuff, try it.

Or, if you're at ending B+ you can Hijack a robot to remote control it, kill every other hostile robot in the area, and hack into the big statue to activate it. It's actually the best way to farm EXP in the game.

Ok ending A achieved on normal while being 6lv under the boss. Eve took me about 30-50 tries as I preferred to die instead of using healing items.
Now I am fucking ready for hard. Fuck every faggot who will call me a casual, I am getting myself as over leveled as possible.

How good is the pc port?

Pretty basic, but it should be good if they decide to patch the obvious bugs.

Double tap to dodge.
Some technical difficulties.
It is not most optimized game ever seen.
Double tap to dodge on keyboard, for fuck sake.
Your finger gets tired after you keep firing with shift for over 2h.

It is good, but not perfect. Stuff they haven't thought right now can be easily patched, by which I mean double tapping to dodge.

Shouldn't be an issue if you're playing with a controller.

Would you say it's demanding?

I get around 30-50 FPS on 960, using medium-low.
So it pretty much follows what it says at steam page.

Consoles don't use DirectX fam

When replaying the shmup segments at the beginning of the game, all the enemies scale to your level, but for regular gameplay, they do not on any difficulty. Fucking why? Why was this not an option for the entire game?

Don't do it. Overleveling is a severe problem.

It will make game too easy of shrump part will be impossible?

i noticed this when replaying the boss fight in the ocean the other night, the bosses weak points were all at like level 10 but the enemies were level 75 and took more hits to break than the boss

the goliath flier didn't scale and it died before it could even fire a shot

Seriously, who's fucking idea was this? Taro is a bad vidya designer, he needs a better half to stop stupid shit like this.

Game too easy, the shump parts will be fine, since they scale to your level while nothing else does for no explicable reason.

Can someone show me the exact room where the enhanced version of the enhanced legpower goliath is in the lower abandoned factory? I don't want to reload for an hour then realize i was in the wrong place.

nevermind :^)

yeah i dunno if I can tolerate another x mashing playthrough even if there's some hacking minigame to break it up

Trust me mister quadsman, you'll be excited for part 3.

welp, refunding. can't argue with those quads.

already spoiled myself on most of the game's twists and plot points from this thread and others so there's not much point

I noticed that at the beginning of 9S's part and thought it was just some coincidence that we happened to be at the same level but then the rest happened. That said, 9S does take ages to kill anything unless you hack it which, in turn, decimates anything. Took the golden enemies in a couple of minutes while with 2B I had to wail on them for almost 20 minutes.
Special enemies are absurdly resilient and everything else goes down too fast. It's Dragon's Dogma all over again, all right. I'd say one might ask P* to patch enemy scaling in but they're deathly allergic to the concept of touching a game after it's released.

Side note, pod pats is terrible on the PS4. The input overlaps with a alternative menu open.

Holy shit. Is that The Foot Slam from End All?

rub the pad, don't press it

I might get there with practice. It was the same thing with GR2 and there the touch pad actually matters.

Something I forgot asking - is it common for other players' bodies to always be on the same place? I couldn't help but notice that.

another player sent me a message letting them know it was my data that saved them

nier automata is the crowning achievement of mankind

Did you save scum?

nope i willfully gave my save file to the greater good even though i still had quests i wanted to do

You fool! I bet having more to sacrifice lets you help more people! And that is why I must 100% unit data and fishing and then beat the game in one clean run on very hard!

i'm letting my roommate borrow the game now but when he's done i'm gonna go back to seek 100% proper like

Have fun reusing the scanner fucking everywhere.

i don't look forward to doing heritage to the past again

But don't already know where all the stuff is? At least you should be aware that there's nothing of value in the middle of the empty desert areas.

the phoenix spear is hidden somewhere out there, i found it on my first run just scanning as i went about my business

Well I remember the general location of it, and it's really easy to find. Definitely not in the middle of the open desert.

Is this what it means to get Moon Man'd? That feeling that I'm not ready for what's to come?

He molest your ass figuratively.