So, with Tales of Berseria and Nier both having Denuvo...

So, with Tales of Berseria and Nier both having Denuvo, I see people blatantly supporting Denuvo and I just don't understand it. People defend and argue for it, with such passion and vigor that it baffles me. Why do people argue so strongly against their own interests?

Other urls found in this thread:

whyisdenuvobad.github.io/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

They're both good games.
I agree Denuvo is shit but ultimately the player prioritizes enjoying the game.

Pirate. Buy console version. Not everybody playing it is buying it off Steam or a PC purchasing platform.

There's literally nothing wrong with defending your property and your rights.

I agree with these guys

They want their games to be perfect to their eyes and think that if you love a game, you've got to defend every single part of it, even if that is shit like Denuvo.
What I think they don't understand is that you can love a game but still be critical of it or of the parts that are bad (such as Denuvo).
At least that's how I see it.

Don't ask me, I bought the nip PS4 release of NieR since I was an impatient bastard.

And there is nothing wrong with being a consumer who doesn't want obfuscated software being run on his machine that does nothing but benefit and enrich the person who sold it to him.

Capitalism needs an informed consumer looking out for their interests as much as it needs business looking after their interests. It's the two competing forces that make capitalism function. Denuvo is very, very much against the consumers interest and any consumer with self respect shouldn't stand for it.

Bamco and Squeenix fags will defend EVERYTHING their dear companies do. If their companies say "CASTRATE YOURSELVES TO PLAY OUR GAMES" they'd do it and then bitch about everyone else not doing it.

Indeed everyone should be able to defend their computers from malware.

I just don't give a shit anymore.
I can't be assed to wait till the game is cracked, I want to play on day 1.
So yeah I just buy this shit. I bought MGS5 and didn't regret it. All talks about denuvo affecting performance turned out to be bullshit, game run fine on my toaster.
If it won't run at all I'll just refund it.

See? You're the dumb one.

If they say Denuvo is shit then by extension they admit they made a bad purchasing decision and they're too self absorbed to ever admit that.

MGSV was a shit game and it wasn't denuvo's fault.

It was great game, fuck off.

Well I want the product and I would buy it but I'm not paying for something that intentionally includes something that damages my computer. Definitely getting the cracked version though.

You are why this shit exists in the first place. I seriously hope that you die in a car wreck with your entire family.

Typical spoiled kid, no wonder he bought mgs.

it was a great two thirds of a game

Cuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

No, you don't want. You shouldn't want.

Pretty sure I do want some 2B ass.

I don't even advocate denuvo. I mean it would be better if it didn't exist, but I won't let it prevent me from playing vidya.

It's the other way around fam, I'm from a poor family and through my childhood I got to deal with constant limitations.
Now that I'm rich I ain't dealing with shit.

I can agree with this at least. Repeated missions should have been brand new ones.

I think denuvo is shit, but you guys provide endless amounts of entertainment as you get buttflustered over someone buying and enjoying video games.

Keep telling that yourself, moron.

Getting fucked how exactly?
By the time servers shut down cracked version will exist, so it's not like I will be left without my game at any point in my life.

Fucking shit game can have a fucking shit DRM system to go with it

With all this Denuvo shitpost, I wish dev would just stop porting game to PC, maybe then PCuck will finally stop complaining.

i also look forward to todd letting me buy mods on console soon fellow hardware rights management shill. we both earned our $0.01 today

I hate this timeline.

Well, you better shitpost harder because Denuvo isn't gonna go away any time soon :^). Continue with your "protest" while I'm having fun with my games

I think you are just retarded

Denuvo got me to pirate more than I ever had, I won't even buy the console version if the PC version has Denuvo. Stopped paying attention to bamco games period because that.

If they're willing to shit out all that money on Denuvo instead of using it to make the game or port better, then it shows they aren't worth supporting.

me 2 friend
im not fond of drm but all this autistic screeching and unsourced/unproven accusations about denuvo encourages me to try and stir the pot

Just another piece of LEGO to step on. I am concerned about my SSDs and possibility of denuvo going down, blocking me from games I 'bought" on steam, but by that time it will be cracked and preserved.
I guess this is how rebellious anti-globalist students feel like, while non-stop tweeting on their iphones.

consoles aren't drm, steam shill

now they are since you can buy stuff directly from the console stores on top of being hardware rights management

buy your games physically then, its nice to actually own your games. You may not be used to it, being a broke, unemployable NEET, but if in the future you find yourself working you may be very happy to have actual things you own. It'll also naturally push you away from PC gaming due to the ethereal quality of ownership has had on the platform since the growth of steam.

I forgot that physical release is rare sight for PCuck. Enjoy not owning your games

Hah! We can j-just pirate them! Console cuck! We win again…just need t-t-to wait for this denuvo crack to come out…come on CPY you can do it! Heheheh…where would you be without exclusives, console failure? Don't you know total biscuit said exclusives are anti-consumer? we win!

This kind of mindless consumerism disgusts me

>>>Holla Forums

Wow, it's like I'm really on Neogaf, thanks nu/v/!

I still haven't come across a single game with Denuvo that I'm even remotely interested in.

what would your wife's son say?

I'm glad I didn't buy any games with…

well fuck my life.

Well it's a genius move by the merchants. PC ports piss off consolefags, but by introducing double DRM for the PC version (steam + denuvo) you win back the consolefags trust so they can feel good about themselves for owning a physical DRM free version. They just have to deal with the shit that comes with current gen consoles (paid online, incremental hardware upgrades etc).

Since the switch isn't our saviour when it comes to consoles and steam isn't going away anytime soon, who will step up and save us from merchants infesting vidya?

Remember, corporations literally hire people (or specialized corporations) to pose as people and go all what's-up-fellow-kids. It's the job of a lot of people. They keep accounts on a million sites, and there's a very good chance that anyone you see defending Denuvo is one such shill. I wish I could know the proportion of shill-to-useful-idiot.

>>>Holla Forums

piracy was one of the most cited notice i said cited very important word
reasons things werent coming to pc 10 years ago and they're terrified things are gonna go back to the bad old days.

Supporting a Yoko Taro game on the platform of my choice is about one hundred times more important to me than my mild distaste for Denuvo.

The problem I hear with Denuvo is it not working properly with Wine. At least I think.

They have checksums and a good amount of the software not on disc to make sure you get online and don't pirate. It's like you haven't used a console past 2006.

The is pretty apparent when you go on steam forums and check out half Holla Forums (because I look at the catalog to check for cross site threading). There's so much DRM sucking dick it it something to behold.

What the fuck is wrong with you?

I got my refund for Nier Automata today

nope

Meanwhile on Holla Forums

How much do these SEO gigs pay after all?

$15 per post

Why is Denuvo bad again? It's much less intrusive than say faggotry such as Steam or Origin or whatever the Ubishit platform is called. Games as a service is retarded but copy protection that just keeps pirates from tampering with the software and doesn't punish paying customers isn't a drawback, unless you're a freeloader who wasn't going to buy the game anyway.

Explain how it's bad for paying customers. I do have some experience with DRM that has lowered the quality of the product or decreased it's value, like limited online activations or DRM that acted like malware. Now Denuvo doesn't do that. The reason I won't be buying Nier is Steam, I don't think games should be rented on online platforms but I really don't see the issue with Denuvo. I do not care that poorfags can't get the game for free day1, indeed, if they could then why would anyone pay for it? Denuvo makes developers able to compete with illegal distribution since games are disposable entertainment and it takes time to bypass it.

The only difference Denuvo makes nowadays is how long I have to wait before I pirate to see if the game itself is any good or not.

Yeah but I was speaking to a whole bunch of people in my post not creating a stupid point. The reason you can't pirate PS4 games is because of the software not all being on the disc. Or are you saying they can't currently create bootleg copies of PS4 titles, because you'd be wrong about that too. There are still anti-piracy measures on the disc. If you're going to still state that getting it on console is better than getting a DRM version on PC that you can easily crack you would be wrong.

1)No mods
2)No repacks
3)No editing
4)Can't crack so you need to always have Steam
4.5)Can't crack so you never own the software
It's bad for customers because they don't get the software, they just get a license to use.

Yee, I'll be playing it on Monday a day before the mini-E3 debacle of Mass Defect 4

If they would have gotten the software they would have gotten the source code too. While I do think that would be great I don't think it's a viable business model.

But this is false, anime shitter.

You think 99.99% of the customer base could do anything with it?

Provide proofs

MGS5 has shitton of mods.

Doesn't matter, without the source code you don't have true ownership of the software.

It's either genuine shills or the kind of person who comes from cuckchan/plebbit and so on and needs to be purged. Make sure they know they're not welcome, and ignore the hotpockets sperging out.

Confirmed for uninformed sheep.

whyisdenuvobad.github.io/

Funny I can play Nier without any internet connection or patch.

I feel like a lot of you faggots sperg out about Denuvo and DRM because it's a meme for you. It shouldn't exist and it shouldn't be supported, but I don't think the pissing and moaning has anything to do with the ethics of it. You just starting to sound like those cunts who show up in every thread to insist that every game is shit or that no good game exist.

1. most defending it are just shills.
2. normalfags don't care about drm and denuvo

…okay?

It's not like these games would be easily pirated or modded on a console either, so unless you're just fucking paranoid that CIA is remotely killing your SSD there's nothing "special" about it as online DRM versus any other solution. It also tends to get removed after it's proven inefficient making it a non-issue in the long run half the time anyway.

Yes, DRM sucks and does nothing positive for the end user. Not defending it because it absolutely IS a waste of money made to satisfy paranoid shareholders. But it's also the necessary evil that gets superior PC versions of console games in the first place. If you can't wrap your head around why that's seen as a net positive you might be an actual retard.

Plus watching pirates try to justify their amoral behavior can be pretty funny. I don't give two fucks what you do, but convincing yourself that not buying a good game is helping the industry via passive-aggressive protest is pathetic.

Capitalism.

Please! At least be honest. The ONLY reason why everyone is shilling for Nier Automata is 2B's ass and nothing more. At least be honest once, waifufags!

You see shills and retards supporting it.
Everyone who took just a minute to look up what Denuvo is and what it does, condems it.
Unfortunatley the retards outnumber everyone sane.

Because they're short sighted idiots who can't think past playing the newest AAA vidya. Denuvo is just another step of anti-consumer DRM. The last step was always-online single player games which was bullshit enough, and now they've taken it a step further with requiring you to run an invasive program on your computer to be allowed to play video games.

We're steadily heading towards a "please drink verification MOUNTAIN DEW to continue playing" future and faggots don't care.

Trying hard to fit in as usual, Tumblr.

It's amazing that they can't figure out a DRM system that does not intrude on the players.

It's bad for paying consumers because it forces them to run bullshit on their computers that they shouldn't have to. It's like being forced to watch ads after paying for a video service. It's blatantly anti-consumer, further degrading the consumer's experience in the name of a couple extra bucks. And it's only getting worse and worse because dumbfucks like you "well who cares I buy my games suck it piratefags" don't even see what you're doing.

I liked NieR 1 quite a bit and the story for Automata intrigues me. Plus the gameplay I've seen looks great. But yeah the butt is a plus.

Trying hard to fit in as usual, cuckchan..

Sage and reported.

Another typical day on Holla Forums

Buying games that have Denuvo is supporting Denuvo user, by telling game makers that you'll still give them money even if they force you to deal with that bullshit.

Square Enix is a Denuvo collaborator, they financially help Denuvo.
Buying it or not won't change that.

No one said anything about that. You see people liking the games. You assumed (like the faggot that you are) that this means they were both paying for them AND that they somehow like the DRM, despite saying nothing about that whatsoever.

Try harder.

This nigga knows what's up
/thread

problem is denuvo has so little info on it all you get is speculation and the shit flinging that ensues

Another typical day on neo/v/

Same reason people defend devs stripping features/censoring games. They don't want to feel bad for buying into the cancer killing the industry(double DRM/SSD destruction in this case), so they to themselves and everyone that said bad things are actually really good. A few good examples are the fags defending it in this thread right now.

Yes fellow gamer, I look forward to more quality, safely distributed games thanks to the protection provided by Denuvo™ anti-tamper solutions!

fuck off shill
sadly i have to agree, if neger asstomato was a regular hack-n-slash/cuhrayzee game, nobody would care about it. just imagine if 9s were the protagonist.

They would probably still care because of the insane story/endings normally attributed to the Neir/Drakengard series. I don't think Drakengard were waifubait and I know Neir was about some kind of futa abomination, so obviously it isn't a necessity.

It will get cracked soon and Denuvo will be removed because of contract reasons. Wait it out. Should make the game run a lot better too.

I hope so, but I'm rapidly losing patience. I'm normally a buyfag, but Denuvo is pushing me hard toward piracy. I see a lot of slack jawed faggots here arguing about PC vs Console, and 'Take Denuvo or you get nothing'.

They don't get it. At all. In the last decade, Steam has made PC 'the' platform for the west. This isn't PCMR Hurr Durr bullshit, it's the truth, Japanese devs have mentioned it repeatedly. Steam, hate it or not, has made PC gaming such a juggernaut of a market that it cannot be ignored. Even console 'exclusives' now are really more just 'One console and PC' then true exclusives, unless they are first or second party games. I mean, Capcom considered the PC Market so valuable, there wasn't a reasonable sum of money Sony could pay for them not to do SFV for PC. The game ended up sucking, yea, but the PC market was seen as such a cash cow, they flat refused to make it a true 'exclusive'.

But now comes the bad news. These publishers are fucking pissed that we made them leave their closed ecosystems, come to our much more open platform and then actually held them to fucking standards of quality. They never had to put up with that shit on console. So, how do they solve that?

Simple, lock, down, everything. Make as much as possible always online, authentication out the ass, DRM out the ass, make the PC experience as 'console-like' as possible. And people are still buying into it, without realizing the simple truth. They want to go back to the way things were, before we made them cater to us and will do whatever they can to make it happen.

That's why Denuvo is so cancerous. We stole a tiny bit of power away from publishers and they want it back. Denuvo and things like it are how they lay the foundation for that and once it becomes the norm, there is no going back.

nice b8 m8

AHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAHHA
holy fuck are you serious

look at the fucking sales data the ONLY WAY the PC gets sales QUANTITIES comparable to console releases of a similar tier is when the games are 60 PERCENT OFF AND VALVE TAKES THE EQUIVALENT 30% CUT TO PSN AND XBLA HOLY FUCK

PC gaming is a fucking tip jar. when you can sell 6 million copies of a game at $50-60 a pop compared to a PC release of the game selling 3 million at 20 a pop it's not even a fucking comparison jesus christ kill yourself you reddit retard

Yes, making up numbers can be fun

rly makes yuo thinkg with pretty much every pc port of a game being at a retard level discount because the users don't buy shit anyway just gota think a bit rite mhmm

🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔

You'd still have people who played the previous titles care, the retards that keep on shilling it and pretend to like it because if "the gameplay" but have no intention to either play the previous ones or at least read a summery about them, would be missing though.
It's 50/50.
Some genuinly care abnout the game, others pretend to becasue it's the new hot thing you need to have to be "in".

Wow. You really are painfully retarded aren't you?

Look at how Japanese devs are currently porting games to PC as fast as they can, after years and years of traditionally ignoring PC as a market. Neptunia, Atelier, God Eater, Nier, Dragon's Dogma, Dark Souls, on and on.

Look at how absolutely common place PC versions of console games are now. The number of 'exclusives' from the last gen compared to this gen. Now it's more noteworthy when a game IS an exclusive, and most are 'timed' exclusives and when the exclusive period ends, they ain't porting that shit to the other console. They are porting it to PC.

Newsflash. These publishers don't do a god damn thing unless it makes them money. And the sheer speed and weight of their sudden need to port everything they can to PC, a demographic who, as you pointed out, expect more quality for less cash, can only mean one thing.

They are making a metric fuckload of money on PC. If they weren't, we wouldn't be seeing this mad dash from publishers, both east and west, toward PC.

Fuck. You. Steamworks takes literally no time at all to crack and has never once gotten an update to make it harder to crack. It is 100% a placebo DRM to placate retarded publishers who love to fuck things up with overbearing third party bullshit DRM. And yes, Steam is what made PC gaming the fucking juggernaut it is. You can not like at as much as you want, that doesn't make it any less true.

at a major discount

they care about what makes them more money and are less interested in the things that make them less money, hence why ports are half-assed jobs done in 4 months by two people working part time and with plenty of DRM out the ass to secure an existence for the future of our ports

they make a fraction of the amount of money on PC compared to console releases.

yeah sega might have released those ports by now lmao

Get fucked steam shill

this has to be bait.

Volume nigger, do you speak it?

Huh, so that's why both SquareEnix and Bando Namco don't dare try that '720p, 30fps' shit after they got slammed hard the first time they did it. PC ports are 'bad' compared to PC gaming standards. They are still almost always objectively superior to 'muh cinematic' consoles.

If it was pocket change, Japanese devs and publishers would still be ignoring PC entirely. Something got them to start paying attention, and nothing gets their attention like giant piles of money.

Do I even need to address this?

No. I don't like what Steam has become, but ignoring how Steam has made PC gaming the juggernaut it is is just denying fucking reality. If you hate steam and want it's time to pass, that's fine. Ignoring reality because you don't like it is cowardice.

If it was a placebo how come Denuvo exist at all since everyone is satisfied? Accepting steamworks only mean that it showed consumers were okay with DRM and of course publishers and devs were going to lead to worse measures with Denuvo. Accepting steamworks was a mistake

despite 60% discounts manage to sell less units, hmm really appealing case for the platform here.

debatable on a case by case basis. PS3 version of dark souls is still better than PC version, even with the shitty framerate in some areas, there's less bugs, it's a cleaner product. in order of importance I'd put performance just ahead of visual quality, but notably bad performance can ruin a game (sorta like how turok 3 was on the n64, damn shame, best turok) anyway in order of importance I'd say it'd be like visual quality < performance < accuracy to dev intent < delivery of dev intent, and in the case of DaS, PS3 version delivers best on this balancing act.

that's why I said it's a tip, because it is. It's not the majority of sales. It's a nice thing on the side for a budget porting project done in house or commissioned by an outside studio.

yeah nothing like giant piles of moneys
*makes console game*
*releases PC port 2 years later*

lmao it saved it from total irrelevance, it's still not important to any higher end developer which is why the only high tier releases on PC are AAA western multiplat shooters and fucking rts games lol

Nice try steam shill

Logical fallacy. The reason Denuvo exists, is because publishers are catching on that Steamworks does fucking nothing, but they aren't learning the lesson they were supposed to learn. That being that 'DRM = sales'.

There is a mountain of evidence that DRM isn't needed to make piles of money, but publishers are fuckwits who only care about control. Steamworks delayed the encroachment of third party DRMs like Uplay and Denuvo, and if publishers had a single fucking brain between them, it would've shown them that you don't need DRM to sell games, since it's the most weak, easily cracked DRM that has ever existed.

If Steam and Valve were what they were before, they might put their foot down and refuses to let third party DRM onto their storefront. Sadly, they have become the jew and won't turn away any game they think will make them money.

oh and my favorite
thanks for giving me a reason to get into consoles, gabe "the electric jew" newell :^) at least I can satisfy my low level hardware enthusiast autism with soldering instead of popping video cards

I play JRPGs on Playstation like god intended. But I use PC for visual novels though.

You thought denuvo was bad? The Japanese are masters of DRM.

I'm amazed Steamworks still exists. It was cracked ages ago. I remember DRM apologists being smug about how Steamworks was going to end piracy. Well that didn't last long.

The only DRM that is guaranteed to work is what Microsoft tried to do: always online.

and failed miserably

Interesting post. Anyone noticed how PC exclusives died though? But mentioning that always pisses Holla Forums off.

It's only fair when saying console games get ported to Steam to observe it goes the other way as well. Perhaps publishers only care about money not console wars?

Apart from RTS games, yeah the PC exclusive is a thing of the past. I miss great PC shooters, but oh well. Would be interested in seeing a game with high end visuals built around the latest PC hardware instead of just fucking microscopic units and poorly optimized console hardware that asks for a $800 PC but can run on the 2012 laptop tier specs of modern consoles at "high" settings the PC aches to reach at 4 times more powerful hardware.

Well there's

Literally the poster child of PC gaming for a while. It wasn't always a joke.

Although who knows maybe even that will get some sort of console port? I can't predict this shit anymore (Orange box, Diablo 3).

This is all I've seen
I've lost an actual hard drive playing asscheeks divided. Constant HDD light as well. Yes, a legit copy, before a shill loses his shit. The game was the only thing on the drive because I didn't want it to take out my boot drive or ssd, seems my caution was justified.

Are developers and publishers obligated to tell people whether their game uses Denuvo?

Advance into big boy pants at some point and realise none of this shit matters.

Denuvo may be bad, but that's just fake news.

As much as i love asses and more asses in my games.
The moon head guy and platinum makes one of the most boring hack and slash speedy games. But again some user likes repetitive and boring hack and slash, good for them.

Platinum is like the B-team of japan development, only recently they got some projects here and there so they start being in the spot light.
Quality wise its "meh", but thanks to the lewd stuff games will sell as usual, if they pander to SJW but remain the same gameplay i'd guarantee it'll be super underwhelming.