Nintendo CFW + Homebrew Thread

WARNING
Modifying your system can result in a brick. However, if you follow instructions exactly, bricking is almost impossible. Every step is necessary unless the guide tells you otherwise.
Current OP Pasta: ghostbin.com/paste/7mjcy
'3DS'
Last Thread: archive.is/4HwUJ
>INSTALLATION GUIDE 3ds.guide
>FAQ ghostbin.com/paste/edhgf
>ROMS WHERE/Downloads Freeshop: freeshop.pw (direct download from nintendo's servers), Settings>Update and enter 3ds.titlekeys.com/downloadenc.
3dsiso.com/, 3dschaos.com/, 3ds.titlekeys.com/ (completion rate: 3ds.jdbye.com/ (Non-VC only right now))
3DSISO/3DSChaos Account: eightvee:veeeightbunker
Basic Utilities Pack: my.mixtape.moe/efbioi.zip
This should cover most of your needs, start here for basic useful tools.
In-depth Arm9LoaderHax information: gbatemp.net/threads/arm9loader-technical-details-and-discussion.408537/ ,Virtual Console Injectors: pastebin.com/QtAQVH5T
'Wii U'
Last Thread: archive.is/4HwUJ
>INSTALLATION GUIDE (Universal) github.com/FlimFlam69/WiiUTutorial/wiki
SD card (At least 16 GB, the bigger the better) A USB storage device such as an external HDD (A SD card + USB Adapter also works for storing games). It's all explained in the guide. I haven't personally tried it
If you don't want to dick around with CFW and/or only have an SD card, there is also Loadiine which lets you load games straight from a SD card with no modding of the Wii U. Just format the card to fat32 (with 64k allocation size since it speeds up loading in a few games). You might need a 3rd party program to do this, depending on SD card size. Next install the Homebrew Launcher gbatemp.net/threads/homebrew-launcher-for-wiiu.416905/ ,then place the Loadiine game folders (github.com/dimok789/loadiine_gx2/releases/tag/v0.2) in the SD:\wiiu\games folder Now visit loadiine.ovh on the Wii U Web Browser, finally launch the Homebrew Menu followed by launching Loadiine and start playing!
>Alternate guide ghostbin.com/paste/vb6g2

Other urls found in this thread:

ghostbin.com/paste/vb6g2
youtube.com/watch?v=fUpT-GHcTt4
3dbrew.org/wiki/11.3.0-36#New_issue
64dd.org/dumps_p.html
3ds.guide/installing-arm9loaderhax
gbatemp.net/threads/release-ultimate-gba-vc-injector-for-3ds.438057/
3ds.guide/
3ds.guide/safectrtransfer-(browser)
2xrsa.3ds.guide.
sendspace.com/file/tarq4e
wololo.net/2017/04/02/ps4-jailbreak-qwertyoruiop-progresses-ps4-webkit-hack-states-4-50-kernel-exploit/
gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-how-to-decrypt-extract-rebuild-3ds-cia-cxi-files.383055/
3ds.titlekeys.com/downloadenc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

No Switch CFW yet.

Reminder that alternate guide is best and easiest guide for Wii U. Flimflam guide doesn't even use WUP Installer GX2.

I installed a9lh + luma on my 3dsxl in september last year and pretty much didn't bother doing anything else since. Do I need to update anything?

You can update Luma and a9lh, but I don't think it's necessary. I personally wouldn't update the 3DS's firmware without updating them first though.

Well I do launch the lumaupdater every once in a while. What's the deal with updating a9lh though?
is it hard? is it worth it? can I fuck it up horribly?

There's a page for updating A9LH in the guide, if it's worth doing I'm not sure, I've never bothered.

AH
HEY
So I tried to update my homebrew channel after updating to 11.3 and now I keep getting "Hombrew Ropbin is ready" and then the damn thing crashes.

Anyone know a good site with japanese stuff? Roms, Themes, Homebrew? etc.

I've seriously no interest in American/European stuff. I want to get my hands on Japanese Romhacks and all of their sweet, sweet moe goodness.

3ds.themes

Are you using a N3DS? You might have to turn off the clock speed in the LumaCFW options.

ah maybe, I forgot how to get into the lumacfw options kek.

Not sure if you changed it, but the guide says that you hold "START" on the 3DS Startup.

How hard is it to switch from rxtools to luma or whatever the best cfw is now? I set it up way back when this shit first hit and have not looked at it since. Is it actually worth doing?

RXTools will brick your 3DS if you update, so yes, it is worth it.
Google a guide, I'm sure there's one somewhere

THAT DID IT FOR ME. THanks duder.

i was in your boat late last year. was on rxtools and never bothered since the original exploits did my job.
then sun/moon came out and the game lagged due to the roundabout way the old hax method
a9lh involves
backing up your nand so all your saves and games are saved
downgrading to some ancient version of 3ds firmware which was super vulnerable
REWRITING to a chip on the 3ds, thereby ensuring your 3ds is hax'd for life
then restoring a different backup, installing luma to launch your menu and shit, etc…

it's way easier than it seems. less fuckery involved than with the web browser slider too.
dont be stupid, read carefully and you will be fine.

I guess thats what im gonna work on tonight then. Thanks.

Easy as fuck. I did it when I was baked for frigs sakes. Backing up/restoring my SD card took up the most time IIRC. Might be better if you have a USB 3.0 adapter for SD cards.

Link to this alternate guide?

wiiu.guide probably.

Let nature take its course.

It's at the bottom of OP but here
ghostbin.com/paste/vb6g2

do nightly releases fix this bullshit? also: got a murican 3ds with badges and installed games, anyway to keep the badges and the games after installing or am i fucked in that department?

Mates I need help with CHMM I can't seem to drop any zip files into the /themes folder.
I dunno what I've done wrong here.

Have you tried extracting the zips?

I updated on rxtools last night but I can still boot into sysnand which is on 9.2. Am I fucked or can I do a9lh?

You should still be able to do a9lh but I'm not sure about transferring your emunand. Does 11.3 fuck up rxtools emunand or something?

I got it to work, basically just reset my desktop and it magically fixed itself.

NOW i'm trying to install Retroarch, and I'm utterly lost.
I have both folders for retroarch in my root, but I'm lost as to what to do next.
I went ahead and just finished installing the Retroarch 3ds app from the FBI titleDB place.
ANNND now i'm just sort of winging it.

Is 11.3 still hack free?

nope that still isn't working

This looks infinitely easier and simpler than the plailect guide - it even features downloading the games and plugging them straight into the WiiU. Why isn't this the first thing in the OP?

Is it safe to update your DS after homebrewing it? I homebrewed it a year ago. Do I need to update Luma/A9LH or smtg before I update my 3DS? Any steps I should take if I want to keep it up to date? I don't see a guide anywhere regarding this

It's been a year and a half since any Wii U Update
Fucking hell. It's been dead since launch.

You may as well update Luma to be safe, but then yes, go ahead and update.

You'll want to update Luma first and you'll have to update Homebrew and BootNTR/NTR Selector if you have either of those in order for them all to work. You won't brick your 3DS or anything, though.

I consulted this video and I didn't have any fuck-ups. He gets Homebrew working after the update.

youtube.com/watch?v=fUpT-GHcTt4

I haven't looked into it but I'd been able to update before 11.3 with no problem, so it must mess it up.

All this comfy mane

How long does 3DSISO stay in maintenance?

oh, so that's why it was shitting itself just now? bah.

Is it worthwhile to use redNAND on WiiU? The system hasn't had an update in so long, I'm considering skipping the precaution.

I'd use it as a brick prevention mechanism rather than to protect yourself from updates.

After installation of CFW, I presume there's little to no risk in bricking, right? I don't see the purpose in using up half of my SD card to avoid bricking for a short period now.

these joint threads are confusing as fuck. whoever decided that we should have both devices in 1 thread is a retard

I dont use rednand and i was fine.

When i opened up mocha it just went to a black screen twice before, but hard restarting my console always worked. No bricks here.

I just had to use a 64gb sd card to fit zeldo on there so i can download zeldo into a usb so i can play it on my wiiu, now i just use a 4gb sd card for homebrew and i can still play zeldo because its on a usb. I dont even need rednand to do it.

If youre paranoid you can still download rednand just to be safe, but you cant switch sd cards once you have rednand on one

I shut down my WiiU in the middle of redNAND installation and reformatted the SD card with all the recommended settings and FAT32, and it just tells me it can't mount the SD card. I don't know why the fuck it won't work, it worked fine before. I've been using guiformat. What the fuck could be the problem?

I fixed it by formatting it on a 3DS with GodMode9.

guys, what the fuck is up. im trying to install pokemon sun with fbi and eventually shit just stalls the fuck out(either directly from sd or network install it just go beneath 100kb/s eventually) I even switched micro sds to see if it was that(both class 10 sds) and up until that point they were installing at 1.2MB/s but then it just reaches a point in which everything goes to hell. it isn't the cia either because I installed it on my nephews 3ds, I can't say it was blazing fast at almost 2 hours to install, but at 40kb/s it is going to take a lot more than that for me.

I even updated luma and a9hl to see if that was the problem, but nothing. this shit makes no sense to me

try freeshop

Did you update FBI?

Hey, I'm having a hard time finding a best of for different emulators on 3ds, the only one i found was from 2015.

So whats the best GBA/GB emulators? and SNES and NES?
Etc

3dbrew.org/wiki/11.3.0-36#New_issue
With a9lh, I shouldn't get this issue if I update from 11.2 if I'm not wrong?

I updated Luma but I dont know if I should update to 11.4 or whatever its asking, is it safe? Did I miss any news?

Correct. Since A9LH has FIRM protection, the FIRM will NOT be updated. Just the CTRNAND is updated. I believe all A9LH users are using a 9.0 FIRM

Can you play wii games from the wii u? Or should I play it on dolphin? Thinking of playing Xenoblade Chronicles before I play X.

Man, I feel like freeshop hasn't updated in forever, is it normally this bad?

Didnt they shut down the site?

the 3ds is dead with 2mil switch hardware sales

Source on that 2 mil sold?

Why the fuck isn't FBI working for me? Everything else is running completely fine but as soon as I want to install a .cia file or scan a QR code I always get the same message that the "Cert signature or hash check failed"

Am I suppose to downgrade or something to get this damn thing to work? That's about the only thing I haven't done yet.

Do you have CFW installed?

For Wii U, jow much mileage have you all gotten from, say, a 64 GB SD Card? I know my 3DS needed an upgrade so I assume I can get like 15 retail games on there.

Is that 2 million in Japan or worldwide?

Does the WiiU VC version of F-Zero X include the content from the DD expansion? I assume not, but given that SMA4 includes all the e-levels, I figured it's possible and therefore worth asking.

It depends, most games are about a couple gigabytes, but the ones that are bigger are usually way bigger, up to 20 or 30. Also, you can't install games to the SD unless you insert it into a USB port with an adapter.

So I've got al9h+Lumia and it's been a while since I looked at what's going on. Is this still the CFW of choice or did it change? Already surprised to find out FBI had a proper .cia installer that didn't need to be injected into the health & safety app anymore.

Also how do you take screenshots?

It doesn't, but you can download this cartridge port that contains the content from the expansion
64dd.org/dumps_p.html

I can't use swapdoodle because it's asking me to update, I already updated my Luma, so is it safe to update the system or I shouldn't?

It is safe to update if you have luma and a9lh.

Hey guys, MHG started to glitch out on me. Sometimes when i try to open the game i get a black screen and an error message at the bottom. And when i move around the menu, i have to go above the icon several times before it can appear, and opening the game dosent always work. What bothers me even more is that when i was playing the game just went into the black screen with the error message at the bottom screen.

I want to uninstall and reinstall the game to see if that works.

The problem is that i want to back up my save data due to me having 54 hours in the game. JKSM cant find the games save data, fbi cant find the games save data, i cant back it up through the menu. I found the games title ID in my sd card 00187000 but it has no .sav file, which i guess is its save file?? But my save is still in the game when i open it. Its like a fucking ghost game or some shit. I am also on 11.3

TLDR - I want to back up my MHG save but i cant find any saves to back up.

Which game are you talking about? Because when I see that acronym the first thing I think of is Monster Hunter G on the PS2 and Wii.

Monster Hunter Generations.

Generations is the foreign name for Cross? If so, that game stores it's save data in the Extra Data, rather than the normal Save Data like other games do. It's a fucking weird choice and I don't know why they do it, but there you go. Backup the Extra Data.

fucking guess

Thank you user. I backed it up. Im going to see if it works, if it doesnt, then im shit outta luck i guess.

I didn't instantly recognize the acronym as anything that would've been on the 3DS, which is why I asked.

Good luck user!

Never mind i guess, as soon as i reinstalled and checked if my save file was really gone it was still there. Its all good in the hood.

MHG is fixed too! Hell yeah! Im ready to go and kill some animals!!

After many hours I finished with the 3ds guide. Now what?
How do I go about playing snes, gba and ds games? Is it a different process for emulation and virtual console?
Do I need to turn everything into a cia?
What about sega genesis/game gear/32x/mastersystem/cd emulation?

Wasn't there supposed to be a version of FE Fates that had all three routes in one game? I can't find a legit .cia of it anywhere!

The Special Edition for If had Byakuya and Anya in one cart, with a voucher for Invisible Kingdom included in the box since it supposedly wasn't finished at launch.

How do you update a9lh again?

Does the 3DS Titlekey site have a set update schedule or something? Because FreeShop still isn't getting MHXX

It takes a couple days, but I think everyone that has it used FBI to get MHXXX

Just for safety's sake I think I'm going to wait for the FreeShop version, since it registers it as a legit copy, and I'll be going down to 7-Eleven to nab the DLC at some point most likely. Not like I don't have a lot of shit to do in X still anyway.

Its already out in Japan, came out 2 days ago, but it does not hurt to wait for the freeshop.

I'm aware, hence why I've been checking for the FreeShop version. Luckily, the 7-Eleven shit doesn't start until tomorrow anyway.

It updates when someone who buys a game submits the titlekey

Right, but it takes some time for that to be reflected in the .bin the site distributes to CFW'd 3DSes using FreeShop, I remember it took a couple days after I submitted that Kamen Rider game in December for it to show up.

Is it normal my NDS flashcard doesn't fit in the 3ds cartridgeslot? (No click).

wiiu.guide.com says that I need a minimum of 64gb SD card in terms of storage for a black Wii u, is this true?

You can, even gamecube and DS games

Even if CEMU and that PS3 emulator get rad, I'm going to still be fucked because I have an AMD card.

Only if you install RedNAND, which is useless for most people.

For what purpose?

I'm trying to install fbi in the health and safety app with hourglass9 and I can't get it to inject right or something I guess. Every time I inject then reboot I don't load fbi on health and safety, it just loads the regular health and safety.

I'm guessing either the wrong file was injected or the injecting itself failed

I've followed the guide to a tee so I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong

Honestly,having the WiiU and 3DS hacking threads combined is honestly a really shitty idea but since it seems Mark supports it these retarded fucking pieces of shit are here to stay. You want to hack a Wii? Use the mail exploit or whatever and get Bootmii. There you fucking go. The Wii was stupid easy to hack. This was before there was any encryption, just simple executable signing.

Make a separate one because this wasn't done with Mark's say so, last I checked, though Mark certainly isn't objecting to the board in general being consolidated. I honestly have no idea why the threads were consolidated in the first place considering both were relatively active whenever up and the new shiny Nintendo CFW thread isn't really any more active for it.

These consolidated threads are dead compared to each individual one when they were both separate. Speaking personally I can say I haven't posted or lurked in the consolidated threads nearly as much as when it was just "3DS Homebrew General". I can say Mark at least approves of these since I've seen mod edits of these threads. And now we're fucked because I can't just create a 3DS Homebrew thread because this bullshit is here and it will inevitably lead to an autistic arms race. These were a mistake

So then just let this thread die and then post a proper 3DS general

My advice would be to make a 3DS thread before another "general Nintendo" thread can be made in that event. Game the "one thread at a time only" system, as it were.

Is it a SuperCard DSTWO? I think it's because that particular card has an extra chip that makes the card bulge a bit, and so gets a little stuck in the slot. Mine does click in, but loses connection after I let go of it (icon disappears as it would when the card is removed), and I have to nudge it a little back into the slot to make it work.

If that's not the case, check if your card has warped plastic, especially around those ridges that guard the pins. Might also want to check if the pins in your system's card port are getting bent.

If i want to play ds games on my 3ds what's the better option: use my supercard dstwo or find an emulator/something else?

just to add: it's a modified 3ds with arm9loader and i also have a blue gateway card. I heard that you can use the blue one to play ds games, but i also heard that some gateway cards brick your console if they detect something (i forgot what).

RXTools will brick your shit. Since when?

Since 11.3.

how do i inject GBA games? Does it work with O3ds?

I was considering rolling my eyes and getting a 3DS just for goddamn Blaster Master. Which variant is recommended? I'm saying this having had a lot of shitty experiences with Nintendo in the past. No fucking way am I buying a Switch from anywhere but a thrift store, though.

question:
about 8 months ago I setup my 3DS (downgrade to v2.1, get OTP, upgrade, install arm9, install Luma) but that was the old system firmware (11.0.0-33U)

Can I update to 11.3.0–36U directly or do I need to update the arm9 first? I have updated Luma to the latest build.
Also is there anything lost with the update?

Everything I see says update your firmware last, all of your Christmas tree ornaments first.

I'm on the "Finalizing Setup" section in this last page:
3ds.guide/installing-arm9loaderhax

When I try to launch the Homebrew Launcher (either through the home menu OR through the sound channel) it gets to "The homemenu ropbin is ready," stalls out, then exits with the generic 3DS "An error has occurred" message.

What do?

havent fucked with it in a long while i updated luma and fbi and updated emu to latest firmware everthing boots but monster hunter gen wont boot, anyoneone got an idea?

Did you update to 11.3? Then you need to install the homebrew launcher for 11.3 and update luma, then you can use it.

Nevermind, I just had to get rid of the clock options because I have a New 3DS

It's a DSTT, comparing it to the R4i people recommend for the 3DS it looks slightly different at the sides. An icon appears when I hold it in but trying to select said icon ends in an error and having to forcefully power off the console.

Trying to get my head around Wii U softmodding. If I understand correctly, you don't really need to fuck around with custom firmware or RedNAND, you can do just about everything through Internet Browser exploits if you're willing to go through the hassle every time? All I want to do is play undubbed BotW and run TCPGecko a few times so I can edit my Splatoon gear, I don't want to buy a 64gb SD card, wait forever to backup my NAND, and ever so slightly risk bricking my Wii U just to do that.

anyone has an answer for this?

Use your card launched through TWLoader to play. Emulation for the DS is pretty bad.

How can I tell if a CIA will install without any trouble? I tried two different cias yesterday and one of them just doesn't appear in home.
The first one, a rom with one ips patch applied to it, worked without any problem but the second one, a rom with 4 ips patches applied to it didn't.
FBI said it was 'installed correctly' so I guess there's some garbage file somewhere in the SD now.

I'd recommend getting Brain Age or some shit to use Haxchi in case the website ever goes down and you don't want to host your own version locally. But even then, it's totally unnecessary other than for convenience.

So, I only today decided I'd get this going on my 3DS, and the 3ds.guide doesn't show anything - but also says it's going to be updated in less than a day. I'm assuming the updated version will cover 11.3?

By installing it

I installed the cia and there was no error message but nothing new showed up in home.

maybe so

remember dude, follow the instructions to a T or risk complete annihilation of your 3ds

If you need any visual help, watch this video. The guy is a fag in the intro but when he starts actually doing the guide steps he does it in an orderly fashion. Watch it while reading the guide for best effect.

It's doubtful that 11.3 will be covered. There has't been any news from the devs about any new breakthroughs. I'd imagine it's a "rewrite" of the guide. Lots of people get confused and make mistakes because it's too long, wordy, and the grammar is poor.

The first few steps are good. Simply click on your 3DS type and update version. But then it gets bogged down by highlighted text and mini advisories every few steps. Seriously, The last page had 100+ steps, with pointless warnings jumbled throughout.

It's no wonder the 3DS threads also had guys whining about bricking. The instructions were wordy and unclear.

I keep getting hung up on the soundhax portion. System halts on either a white screen or a red screen. Restarts without issue, but I'm on my 11th try now.

I have a N3DS. How do I change my region so that I can play games/videos/demos from Japan from the freeshop?

And, how's tank troopers?

Sorted. WinRAR had a seizure and buried the files a mile deep for no reason.

I'm hacking the vwii on the wii u right now. If this works, I'll finally beat metroid trilogy after 8 fucking years. Also I didn't realise the wii u gamepad has a built in IR sensor for the remotes.

I feel like nintendo have done next to fuck all with the wii u's hardware and the 3DS hardware - I played the shit out of my wii and ds, and I still play my ds all the time, but my hacked 3ds barely gets used as the games don't interest me much.

Anyway just came by to say thanks for the thread, didn't need to ask as I never got stuck and for the wii u zelda, just saw other people asking my doubts and saw the replies

happy hacking fegs

I'm going through the guide, and I'm pretty much at the end. The 3DS is at 9.9 and refuses to update. Anybody know what's the deal?

Is it possible to play Sega Genesis or Sega CD games in the 3DS at the time?

That happened to me before because i blocked updates for my wiiu on my router, but set it to all lan devices, so it blocked updates on my 3ds too.

Try checking if thats the problem.

I started with 11.1 or something, and I didn't bother updating at all. Everything worked alright once I remembered that Godmode replaced Hourglass. Had to perform a battery pull once, but fortunately, I never fucked up so badly that the system would be bricked. I was worried a few times, though.

I can't figure out how to get HANS to work with the Japanese "lego movie" video. Please help.

And, tank troopers is a shit.

help

gbatemp.net/threads/release-ultimate-gba-vc-injector-for-3ds.438057/

learn how to google next time dipshit.

A quick google showed that retroarch does. Instructions are on gbatemp.

I think Luma puts your console in a region free mode, but I am not sure about that.

HANS only does cartage games, no CIAs or videos.

Update firmware (if you want to play Pokemon), title keys, and freeshop. Lots of stuff didn't show in freeshop until I updated it.

A9LH

Okay I got my Wii U all set up, got CBHC running the Haxchi version of Mocha, and got Wii U "backups" working.

Main reason I bought my Wii U is emulation, since it is the only console that can properly play Wii U, Wii, GameCube, and N64 games.

But I've come to a fork in the road, what should I use to run my emulators on? Is it better to run them all on vWii, or would it be better to run most of them from the Wii U homebrew menu? Are there any real differences performance wise, can the Wii U emulators play on the Wii U Gamepad? (Specifically can I use the gamepads touchscreen for DS titles?)

Also I am using a 1TB hard drive, and have another 2TB hard drive on the way from Amazon. I understand that vWii needs a dedicated hard drive. If I intend to download all of the A+ popular titles for Wii U, Wii, and GameCube would it make more sense to use the bigger hard drive for the Wii U or vWii?

Last question if I do use Wii U over vWii for emulation, is there a way to create channel loaders for Homebrew Apps on the Wii U menu?

Thank you for any advice you might have.

If i buy a new sd card can I just transfer all the files from my old one and be okay?

Yes, do an exact copy.

I've got a New 3DS XL on version 9.2.0-20U, with homebrew launcher installed. At some point I had rxtools and pirated games up and running, but I fucked with it too much and it wouldn't boot my emulated firmware anymore so I reverted to my old SD card pre-rxtools. It also has all my legitimate game saves and stuff from before the hax.
I pretty much forgot my 3DS existed and I've been out of the scene for over a year now and I don't know what anything means. I've acquired some real games that I want to play on my original firmware, with my Nintendo account connected and everything. How do I update my legitimate firmware to play my legitimate games without breaking my hax or bricking the console?

Are you saying your 3DS is 100% stock now? If yes, follow the 3ds guide in the OP.

It's not stock, it still has homebrew launcher working and whatever fuckery I did with the… NAND? whatever its onboard chip is, to enable homebrew launcher and CFW in the first place.

If I had to guess, you want to get to installing Arm9LoaderHax if you can already do CFW/Homebrew, but maybe ask in their IRC just to be safe.

Yeah whatever I had originally definitely wasn't as good as the stuff that exists now. I just want to make sure I don't brick my shit in the process of changing over.

Understandably. The guide in question in case it wasn't clear is 3ds.guide/ , and as it says on the bottom:

I would suggest popping into that IRC and asking them for advice no idea what a Discord is, but if you know what that is that works too I guess?

Discord is some kind of chat room program that seems like it's trying to be an updated version of IRC with image sharing and emojis and stuff

Ah, well, that works too then I guess. Either way though, I'd confirm with them before doing anything.

Yeah, I found that but wasn't sure if injects themselves were n3ds only due to performance or whatever.

Christ is the encrypted 3DS key pack always this delayed? I feel like it hasn't updated in a month

How do you fags sort your 3DS games/utilities on the home menu? When are we gonna get hacks for non-shit home menus?

One folder for shit that comes preinstalled, one folder for shit that never gets used (Like JKSV, FBI, etc.) and another folder for plain games. I don't stort, and if I did I'm pretty sure I'm so used to how it is now that it'll just confuse me.

So pretty much what I'm doing
I need to think of something else. I've almost filled up my 128GB SD and I can barely remember where the fuck anything is.

If you're not near the 300 title limit, you could use custom badges to sort.

Oh shit that's a pretty good idea. Thanks user.

3ds games are hard to sort into genres so good luck.

Thanking christ I back up my saves now, but are my games gone or just hidden? Is it time to start redownloading?

Check FBI or system settings. You can only have 300 titles installed at a time.
If they appear in FBI try launching them through FBI, if they launch try uninstalling some shit until shit unfucks itself. Do you use Luma?

Mega's being really annoying with their download cap. Is there any group making cia torrents?

Why does this happen every time I pirate stuff

pirating games removes their value

Because you downloaded/pirated too much, and can't make up your mind on what to play. Similar things happen when you're playing too many games at the same time.
You're bound to unintentionally drop one and then lose your motivation to play it even if it was enjoyable. Restrict yourself to a handful of games at a time (don't play more than two RPGs at the same time though.)

Ok, I see that plailect decided that updated sysnand is the way to go. I have REDNand though, and I want to move it to sysnand. Is it safe to copy over nand_minsize.bin to sysnand? Would that be all I need to do, or is there something more after that?

How do I start from 7.2

Presuming you're on an old 3DS since I think N3s only go as low as 8, in which case: 3ds.guide/safectrtransfer-(browser)

Got my 3ds and bought 3 games where i play them eagerly equally.
dont get me wrong i still like my 3ds but it went from a mobile console to a dedicated pirating machine pretty fast after cfw.

I recently got my buddies O3DS which is still on Firmware 7.2.0-17u and for the life of me when im trying to get into the browser portion of the step which is to say, starting this damn process. it always gets an error the moment it starts saying to save any data and restart the system, all 4 websites give the same error, its not even a code it just says an error has occurred. anyone got any idea's as to what the issue ism the last time i did CFW it was the start when 9.2.0 was the hip Firmware number, but this one is stuck at 7.2.0.

Is it just a trial and error thing like before but from hell or some shit ? or is something fuckey with the damn 3DS and he's SOL ?

wew, it was a trial and error from hell apparently, i got it finally, all good sorry to waste anyone's time

low effort

Goyim, I have an issue

I downloaded Shovel Knight for my WiiU from wiiuiso, but the game asks for an update before I can start the game. I use haxchi to install the games on the internal memory so I can just download the update directly from the eShop, or do I have to find a download link somewhere?

3dsiso is mentioned in the OP. There's even an username/password for the site. It's pretty easy to find a list once you're there. Or fucking use the freeshop.

can't you just use utikdownloadhelper? that lets you get the game and the update

After getting this done, are there any big DON'T DO THIS actions with the 3DS? I'm hesitant on logging into anything official.

As long as you don't download unreleased games, you will be fine.

What do you mean by this?

Don't download any games before their official release date. A bunch of autistic fuckwits got their shit locked for playing Pokemon before the release date.

I just wasn't certain if logging into a Nintendo account would cause some kind of audit.

I'm trying to go from RXTools to a9lh / Luma. If I already have menuhax and homebrew launcher installed can I just skip the soundhax step from the guide 3ds.guide? I'm assuming that I can.

Okay, I actually went ahead and installed soundhax. Only took a second anyway.
But now I fear I'm fucked. I followed the guide to the letter up to the part where you go to 2xrsa.3ds.guide. I loaded the website, and the bottom screen glitched out. The system shut down and now I can't power it back up. The blue light just comes on for a second and shuts off when I try to start it up. Am I fucked?

Okay, I'm not sure what the fuck's going on. The 3DS won't boot anymore without the SD card, but it works and boots up Luma3DS config with the it. The thing is, I don't even think I properly installed AL9H. The screen was distorted and I couldn't see what happened, and it just automatically shut off after loading that webpage.

Not sure if getting a copy of the filesystem on someone else's memory card would help fill in some of the gaps causing the bootup issues. Does Luma3DS provide a boarding point for restarting the process? Alas, I am a hardware engineer (who has never managed to get a job with the degree), so I can't really help with anything that might require jiggery-pokery to recover the firmware.

I haven't tried moving beyond that point, but I was able to get the luma config to come up that first time after restarting. I checked the al9h folder, and the .otp was dumped. Does that mean the process actually worked?

a9lh **

Here's what my AL9H folder looks like.

Okay, mine is exactly identical.

Well, if Luma gives you options to load stuff, that may be a means of resuming the process, but I'm honestly in the dark about most firmware fuckery.

Everything seems to have worked out okay in the end.

VICTORY TRIPS

Now people can ask you to hax their 3DS, too, and you will worry about your brush with the brick.

More importantly, is there any way to pirate those fucking amiibos yet?

You're my fucking savior, user.
I love you

But is there a bunch of Loadiine ready WiiU games?
Nope.

Well amiibos uses RFID of some description, so it depends entirely on if nintendo went the easy way with a generic ID for all amiibos of a certain type, or if they went full DRM and have unique keys for each statuette tied to an online identification system.

fuck

I never went further than dicking with emulators on my Wii, partly for this reason, and I didn't feel like buying more memory cards. Still bought another for my 3DS, though, as the 4GB card that came with it is only enough to hold like 3 games.

If that bothers you so much, you could have your Wii games on the USB and the Gamecube games on your SD Card

I think I'll do that. I was mostly irritated because I had to format my shiny new external HDD with NTFS- until I found out that USB Loader GX supports ext2.

You just found out why communism will never work.

How are the GBA and SNES/NES emulators on the 3DS?

They get the job done.

I got a broken N3ds from a friend of mine and got it to work and did the whole 3ds guide to get cfw but apparently you can't change the personal mii and etc without a format. Is it safe to do a sysformat or will it remove any specific stuff luma would need to operate?

Okay so I got a question here.
My current 3DS's battery is almost dead dead (only lasts about an hour on full charge.)
I plan to buy a new 3DSXL tomorrow and I want to do a system transfer.
Will the system transfer require me to fully update? (Which is bad) Can I hack then System Update and all will be well or what. Can anyone give me some insight here?

Replace that battery as soon as possible. It's a safety risk. Dying lithium ion cells like to pop. I'd just try the transfer. If you have to update, it will alert you. If that's the case, hack it first.

Isn't there a better way to emulate sega genesis on the 3DS than using that fork of retroarch the main team isn't working on?
The person in vid related emulates pulseman using one of the 3D genesis games for the 3DS (Sonic 2 3D to be precise).

How uh, big a pop we talking here? Can I just remove the battery?

Genesis injects via one of the Sonic 3D games work perfectly for all but a handful of edge cases that gave even PC emulators trouble for quite some time, like Castlevania Bloodlines.

My original DS' battery cover is warped due to a failing battery, so the system never sits flat anymore. Potential fire hazard. Whether you're going to keep or sell the system, there's little reason not to replace the battery.

Can I just remove the battery and worry about replacing it later?

Yeah, but I would have the battery disposed of at a Lowes or some other place that doesn't charge for taking dead lithium batteries.

Everytime I try to access the ghostbin alt guide, the connection times out. Am I doing something retarded other than copy pasting it?

Works fine for me. Try another computer or browser.

Okay so I could use some help here.
I'm modifying a new system I purchased today becuase my old system was 11.3. This is 11.2

So I'm all the way up to step 3 and 4 of the safe transfer section II where it says

"Launch safehax from the list of homebrew
You may have to scroll down to see this option
If it freezes, just force the console to power off by holding the power button, then try again"

It successfully installed and it said "Eject the SD card to complete installation." Or something like that. So I did.

So now step 4 said "If the exploit was successful, you will have booted into SafeCTRTransfer"

It did not. It brought me to the main screen. So I thought that if I went back and did the sound hacks I can just go back into it and select Safe CTRTransfer.

So now when the SD card is in the system it doesn't boot at all and takes about 20 seconds to power down the system by holding the button. 20 anxiety attack inducing seconds thinking I bricked my system. SD card out it works fine.

Where do I go from here?

Quick, dumb question for 3ds:
I cfw'd mine during that huge rush of people doing it back a couple of months ago, and I distinctly remember all of the guides assuring that you are ok to update the system without issue. If I do this, do I have to update luma too?

In the Alt Guide, the mega link is dead.
Are the files the same as Flim Flams, or is there other stuff I should get that his guide doesnt say?

It's a good idea for various reasons but this time it's not mandatory.

Thanks folks I got my shit up and working thanks to the discord. My friend showed me how to install the translation patch for Monster Hunter XX and I can finally hack my AC Town, I love it

I haven't touched my 3DS since the firmware update that broke a bunch of games because nintendo tried implementing some retarded anti-piracy scheme that ofc didn't work.

Has that been fixed or will updating still kill performance in a bunch of games?

Shit, I let my cousin use my 3ds and he fucked it up! He says he did a system update so he could go online or some shit but it fucked up somehow and all that comes up now is a black screen. I still have access to hourglass, emuNAND, etc but it's been such a long time since I hacked my 3DS and the guide looks nothing like how I remember it, it had five long pages when I did it I don't remember what to do for this. I'm pretty sure I have to reinstall something but I'm not sure what. Can someone help?

You have no one to blame but yourself.

How do the SNES and GBA emulators available for the 3DS compare to the real things? I feel like a bit of a tool using SNES and GBA injects.

You may or may not be fucked. Try powering it on both with and without the SD card.

I know

Won't even turn on without the card

So I followed the guide up to the Luma setup and at the end it told me “Failed to mount CTRNAND”. Thing is that the guide tells me to just continue with godmode but the error pops up everytime I start the system except when I start Luma. What do?

nvm fixed it. Thread can be closed. (I had to rename the Godmode9 file)

Download the newest version of Luma, open up the archive, and take their version of the A9LH file and replace your current one with it.

I haven't yet bothered with TWL, does anyone know if local multiplayer works?

If anyone wants a N3DSXL with a 64gb sd card, hacked at sysnand 9.2 or something with Luma in emunand, let me know. I know its using emunand, I didn't feel like going further, emunand on latest fw anyway and wifi works so its definitely fine as is if you don't mind going through cubic ninja. Obviously you can add a9lh if you want. It has all the main emus (retroarch) and like 20-25 games, so for most of your gaming needs its already there. Very slight backlight bleed on top of top screen, but I rarely notice its even there. Oh yeah and its got screen protectors, is black n3dsxl, has carbon fiber patterned skin that feels and looks nice.

Anyway name a price and if I like the price I'll put it on amazon real quick for you.

I'm updating Luna and arm9 by fallowing the update guide but all of my stuff is out of date and a lot of files and folders aren't in the same places or don't exist. For example I don't have a "files9" or "a9lh" folder. Do I just add them to root and do I need to delete the old versons?

Not him, but do I do this before I update the system or after?

i was going to make a new thread about this, but maybe you guys can help me

has anyone managed to get Breath of the wild running at 30 FPS in the emulator?

im using the leaked patreon version 1.7.4, the game loads but runs at 5 FPS outside of the menu/inventory/etc.
is there a fix for this? or does it have to do with the fact my GPU is AMD? my specs are as follows

Fx8120 CPU
R9380 GPU
win7
16gb ram

Nah mate, it's your cpu.
Just for future reference, AMD GPUs just shits the bed on linux because the driver support is nonexistant; AMD CPUs shit the bed with emulation because the code is compiled on a intel processor and adds a hardware check to the code to see if your pc has a intel cpu or not. If you don't it cripples your amd cpu.

you're saying the emulator devs put a check in the code to purposefully fuck up AMD users so the emulator only works specifically on an Intel & Nvidia Moishe wombo-combo?

Yeah, it's called multi-core cpus are a meme

i didn't buy it because it had 8 cores, i bought it because back then it was a good enough alternative for the amount of money i had and i didn't want to support israel™ by buying an intel CPU.

Its called having the biggest market share and a completely different base architecture.

Well now you don't have to worry about it because AMD is irredeemable kike shit now too.

No, the devs themselves didn't do that, the compiler they used for their code did.

again, it was 6 years ago, at the time intel was being a lot more jewy than AMD.

i dont have 500$ dollars right now to shell out for a new CPU and mobo because the emu devs are kikes in cahoots with the big company kikes, with that much cash might as well buy the shitty switch.

apparently 1.7.4d is out and it has AMD improvements, i need to find that one, and also that "hook" plugin whatever it is, i wasn't using that. every info thread i find on CEMU is in fucking reddit and you have to Register™ to ask stuff.

guess i'll just have to wait a couple more days until that leaks, i mean, i got 1.7.4 like… 3 days ago? around the time Holla Forums got hacked? and now they already have 1.7.4b, c, and d out. these guys are super fast.

They haven't started shipping 3ds with v11.3 yet, have they?

Question: are there R4 cards or equivalent, for the 3DS? Specifically I have 2DS, but I'm too chickenshit to softmod. it

people used to play pirated 3DS games with the Gateway flashcards, in fact i have one which i used to play kingdom hearts 3D.

but there's a software hack now, making flashcarts absolutely pointless.

I'd like to buy one, how about a classic one like this? Is it retard proof, can I even update the firmware of my 2ds and still use it afterwards?

what the fuck is this mocha meme and why should i bother if i already have haxchi

why don't you just use the software hack? its free unlike the cart.

probably because he wanted a gay zelda theme on his wii :^))))

I remember reddit having threads on these. The latest I've found contains models from December 2016. Does anybody else know more?

Because I wouldn't have the money to buy a new one, should I fuck up.

Supper's Ready

then don't fuck up.

the flashcard isn't going to magically make pirated games run for free, it also has a software part, if you fuck up, a Gateway or an R4 can easily brick your 3DS or 2DS too.

Only way to fuck up is to get impatient and rush through it.

I'm trying to hax an old 3DSXL on 11.2.0-35U, but I didn't use the old 3DS version of the soundhax file, and that got me stuck until I remembered to ALWAYS FOLLOW THE GUIDE TO THE LETTER.

There we go, no crap-ups. The only pain in the ass is waiting for new memory cards to arrive in the mail every time I do this.

Could anyone help me out with this?

I feel like some Baseball vidya on my 3DS, any good ones that are in English?

My only advice is to follow the guide from step 1 through to the end. I've done this twice, and my only previous softmod work was fucking with my BlackBerry to run Android shit.

I'm not sure why you'd bother when they all work natively.

I don't think fully reinstalling cfw is the solution to a missing file for a single program.

Read through the guide and see which files are missing.

Well I already know what file it is, it's the title keys .bin. I tried google but I couldn't find any downloads for it.

Why are the Retroarch cores on 3DS so shit and why do people keep praising them as the best emulators around when there is a better alternative to Retroarch for everything except Virtual Boy?

3ds.titlekeys.com you fucking retard

It's down or something.

I mean full baseball, but that was a fun game.

It's up now.

Still doesn't work for me, on either pc or my 3ds.

Why would you install emulators on the 3DS when everything good has been professionally ported by Nintendo themselves and can be acquired through freeshop?

Well I've been having a load of trouble getting F-Zero Climax to save since Nintendo's GBA stuff can't handle the size of its save file.

sendspace.com/file/tarq4e

Thank you.

That's what I mean by there being better alternatives to all the shit Retroarch cores, but different strokes for different folks and some people swear by the emulators even though generally their performance is identical or inferior to Virtual Console injects. There's also edge-cases like brings up.

PS4 hack soon fellow STALKER anons!

wololo.net/2017/04/02/ps4-jailbreak-qwertyoruiop-progresses-ps4-webkit-hack-states-4-50-kernel-exploit/

Anywhere I can go for Switch-related news that isn't just a scattered handful of big claims made on Twitter?

So in other words, PS4 piracy?

Probably not until like the end of the year.

Still, worth buying a machine and just shoving it in the closet until then? Everything out on the PS4 so far is just PS3/Vita ports, so there's nothing urgent I want to play on it, but in the future there'll probably be an exclusive SRW or something.

Aren't V and Moon Dwellers not on the Vita?

V is a Vita game, Moon Dwellers is PS3

Every day I regret getting frustrated with the 2010 era of PS3 smug piracy and updating my Slimish PS3.

V has English versions on Vita and PS4, Moon Dwellers is English PS4 exclusive.

Oh, then I'm not sure. I felt bad haggling with Rusty when he was so fucking depressing, so I stopped playing. I'm not going to be jewed into buying baseball minigames, Nintendo.

Ah, don't know anything about foreign releases, so can't speak on those. Surprised V got one, considering normal SRWs have licensing out the ass that would normally make that all but impossible.

The plailect guide is anti piracy. When they made software that allowed only actual backups of shit you owned, they ditched the piracy enabling stuff.

I got a question
I've heard EOV hasn't gotten a fan-translation because its hard to put everything back together again after taking it apart to edit its contents.
But with all the tools available to edit 3ds stuff, and even a new tool specific to translation efforts why is that hard?

Probably laziness or things being difficult at the time of writing, it's not hard to build a cia by any stretch of the imagination. NTR plugin would be harder.

Since i'm REALLY tired of this shit, how do i go about this?
Fair warning though, i'm stuck using a mac

I guess the companies are more willing to allow releases in South Asia than all the way to the west.

gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-how-to-decrypt-extract-rebuild-3ds-cia-cxi-files.383055/

But come to think of it it might also be bizarre edge-cases, for instance the busty May mod for OR/AS demands that the polycount for any model replacement be exactly the same as the original.

yea, but how many bizarre fringe cases have you heard about for translating?
Either way, thatnks for the link, decrypting now and gonna see if translating a small portion of it and putting it back together works.

It would depend on if it's just raw text being translated or if there's assets that need translating, like image-files in Japanese needing to be recreated in English for button prompts and tutorial use. Could be the original project is finicky enough that if the filesize differs from the original it'll just fail and nobody's sure why.

Well, time to get parallels

Well here's to hoping everything goes fine

So do people suggest using the original or alternate guide for the Wiiu? Is there any difference in two?

Is there a version of Binding of Isaac that works on the 3ds? Whenever I look it up it says n3ds only. I know people joke about how weak it is but even game like that should be able to run on 3ds hardware right?
also darkest dungeon for the 3ds when?

normal 3ds, no
new 3ds tea
its one of the few games that uses the expanded n3s hardware
the games poorly ported however so it plays like shit

So who's going to start the 3DS thread?
Anyone have the pasta?

Pasta can be copy pasted from this one's OP, has all the relevant stuff.

I was wondering if anyone could help me extract the game files?
With how long its gonna take to get & install windows on parallel i was hoping to get a head start on editing the game.
#!t7IGnZ4A!PgP4WLhFekq4eiXm7AsZsX-mSX7lco5oYfujlKwEP6U

Has anyone found a way to run Mario Kart 8 with DLC on Loadiine? I can get the normal game started but running SSB mode doesn't unlock the dlc.

I know of the method where you can just manually switch out the maps by moving files around, but I'd rather have everything including all the characters and shit running.

I've tried using the Loadiine Gx2 y mod, which supposedly adds more dlc compatibility but Homebrew launcher just freezes. Anyone else dealt with this?

>I keep playing

I had that problem, went a double checked and I had missed the step

that fixed it right up for me

My prob was the same. I fixed it already. Thanks lad.

Lads, I ended the guide already. How do i put 3DS games on it now?

Open up the (FRE)eShop, in its settings, input the URL 3ds.titlekeys.com/downloadenc for the title DB whatever, filter and browse the list, and press Y to queue stuff for downloading.

SOMEONE PLEASE MAKE A NEW THREAD