Chain weapons in video games

I want to play some action game where you can use some sort of chain as a weapon. Are there any?
I'm aware of castlevania series, but is there anything beyond that? Whips and lassos don't count obviously, I want to feel metal clanking of heavy chains.

There's a sickle and chain series of weapons in Toukiden but the game is pretty meh and I never found those weapons to be very useful.
I don't know anything about Nioh but given the setting I'd imagine that game would have similar weapons

Naturally I don't have PS4, so no Nioh for me for a while.
Did PC version of Toukiden receive any working 60 fps patches, fan-made or otherwise?

VAPORWAVE: There was an unreleased Ghost Rider game on the PS1, There is Scorpion from Mortal Combat. Road Hog from OverWatch has a chain hook weapon. Thats all that comes to mind that doesnt feature something that is attached to the chain.

The Road Rage series have a chain as a weapon.

None that I know of that also solve the problems that arise when the frame rate is unlocked. In KT's infinite wisdom they tied game speed to frame rate so unlocking it breaks the game completely

Oh shit wasn't there a spawn game for PS2 as well? Can you use chains in that?

This bitch has one but youll get fucked if you use it

I assume that one of them zelda games. I though you can only play as elfboi and use swords and boards in it?

I don't think any of the spawn games were good.

Best weapon in every Ninja Gaiden game it's in.

That's too bad, since it's the only super hero I honestly like.

Can I emulate/play on PC any of them? Was that Yaiba thing any good?

Its PM

Get an xbox

Nope, none of them can be emulated since they all happen to be on systems that have no emulators yet. Well, RPCS3 is looking good. When it's in a decent state, only use it to play Razor's Edge.

As for Yaiba, yeah you get a robot chain arm, but you may or may not like the game.
All what I really remember about was that it was boring enough to make me fall asleep. And before it laucnhed, Con-man Inafune was talking about how Yaibia is Ninja Gaiden's and talked about DBZ as if it was some kind of Shakespearean play.

Yaibia is Ninja Gaiden's Vegeta*

Velvet uses a jewel tipped chain in conjunction with fire magic in Odin Sphere, though I suppose unfortunately for you, she's the last playable character out of five. She can also use her chain to latch onto the top of the current screen boundary to maneuver around as her substitute for a glide/flight mechanic.

Its fellow Vanillaware game, Muramasa Rebirth, has a playable character in its Genroku Legends DLC named Arashimaru who uses a sickled chain, bombs, and kunai to fight. Personally I think he could have used a bit more polish though.

"Ello ello there! I herd you talkin' about chanze in this thread here."

Play Nioh now.

There's the Ivandis Flail in Runescape, but it's locked behind a relatively high-level member's quest and it rapidly gets outclassed by other weapons from the same quest arc. Not to mention it's fucking useless outside of there because its stats are equivalent to a steel halberd when used against anything that isn't a vampire.

Pandora's Tower is all about the chain.

Chain weapon fags are the worst kind of people. Just use a sword like everyone else. Like I want to get hit in the face and all tangled up in your weighted bullshit. Get the hell out of my face.

There is the obvious answer of Kratos from the God of War series, you can emulate the first two games on PC.
In Prince of Persia 3, a third or so of the game you play as your corrupted self that uses a chain like weapon for fighting, platforming and stealth kills from above. Though if you are going to play PoP3, I'd urge you to play the series from the beginning, even if they lack chain-like weapons, for it's story and character development that are superb, plus the combat in 2 was a bit better in my opinion.

FUG!

River City Ransom totally has chains.

I kind of forgot about odinsphere's remake. Velvet is a blast to play as, I strongly recommend it. The feeling of swinging through stages and brutalizing your foes with the woosh of the chain is tremendous. Very good game.

I hate it when something decent comes out on nintendont's toy. Can you unlock framerate on emulator without breaking the game?

Git gud. I fucking hate axl too

If you don't want to be hit by it, doesn't that mean it's a good weapon?

Are there any games that let you use meteor hammers?

You do realize Sol Badguy straight up trained a guy to use chain weapons?

Sol trained him to use fire magic.
As a former street gang leader chances are Axl fought with bicycle chains to begin with.

As a joke.

Does Nioh count?

pretty much every gundam musou game has the RX-78 which uses a meteor hammer style weapon for it's musou attack.

best weapon in Nioh

For some reason animations cancelling into each other DMC-style in what is essentially a soulsborne just don't sit well with me.
But it's hard to tell without playing.

threaded cane and beast cutter in bloodborne

Those look neat but I have grave concerns about their practicality.

It's similar to that series in terms of how it looks, but in practice it doesn't really play like any of them.

This is from Castlevania Lords of Shadow, for anyone wondering.

Consolefag friend of mine completed BB first with some fuckhueg axe without any issues. Then he tried to replay it with that cane thing and got stuck somewhere in the first half of the game.
So yeah gameplay-wise it's inferior to real weapons.

GLORY TO THE WHEEL
PURGE THE VILEBLOOD FILTH

I'm not going to lie, I've been very tempted to pick up a used PS4 just to play bloodborne and nioh. I have a weakness for souls games and need to know if team ninja is completely dead after Itagaki left.

>mfw my ex bought me one for our one year
Feels good, fam.