Joint Operations: Typhoon Rising

Did anyone actually enjoy playing this when it was hosted or was it just a meme?

Other urls found in this thread:

totalinternationalconflict.com/ModFILES/JOCAG/JOCAG_Install.exe
volafile.io/r/HF33Go
mega.nz/#!ysh2EIBJ!ksilMwOfqQJA5KxvoBcuvt8VHRFFR7YTfO7gQs6H6G4
mega.nz/#F!OhQizQAT!3WBt_P8Ng3svmF3JefeHOg
ghostbin.com/paste/5nd26
mega.nz/#!m15kUQCB!NNFDcWXOf7bsRKMI1v3FS1PD5McyPyE6pPsUicD-3Qg
ghostbin.com/paste/sxumh
evolvehq.com/recruit/party?token=player:ojTRh_QsGeaPHi8E,party:iJOQfWqjTUUS-8UA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Ya see, whenever it comes up people post about it but never show up in the actual game.

I had fun playing it around 10 years ago when it came with my 6600gt

i still remember

i still remember the other times too

It was actually pretty fun, the company did help though.

Never got to play with Radcorp but I did eventually play it with some other anons. The coop is pretty fun, it's kinda like a more laid back version of ARMA.

Joint Operations is in many ways more realistic than ARMA because of how unrealistic it is. ARMA is so realistic at times it's unrealistic.

Bump in case thread sinks, to see if anyone else was entertained by it.

it was fun and simple early on to tacticool it up with easygoing people. The coop and versus modes both easy to sink your teeth into and lose time in. I never played past the point someone made a mod so I dont know the whole story of first day to last. I did help with the mid air helicopter stacking that one time. Since I have it installed still maybe I will throw up a server sometime, but it wont be this week.

Yes it was pretty fun.

Joint Ops was fucking rad. There were only like 15 of us, though.

I think what he's trying to say is that ARMA's strive for realism ends up feeling unrealistic because realistic actions are achieved through unrealistic input. For example, when you approach a car, a little submenu appears allowing you to do things like locking your car or turning it on. In other games like GTA V for example, when you enter the car, it turns on so you can drive, and when you exit the car, it locks so other players can't get in. These are things that people will automatically do in real life when interacting with cars, so while ARMA is more realistic because you have a greater variety of options, having a little submenu for things as trivial as starting and locking your car or other essentially automatic actions that people perform is unrealistic. Maybe they could be a little more advanced and have it so your car doesn't start until you tap the acceleration.

We seriously need more rad weekends. I miss that shit.

Yeah, we keep trying to revive shit but it always kinda falls through. Either those who played it before are board, or it doesn't look appealing to newer anons.

what a fucking shame.

I think the age puts off anons, if there was something else to play that was similar and a but more modern that would help. It would need to be easily pirated and have easy hosting.
Anything come to mind?

Something from t;he Delta Force series? It's like Joint Ops but more updated. Something from Battlefield like Vietnam or 2142 might be neat. We should avoid Project Reality because that's more simulation than rad. Those threads died pretty quickly.

On SWAT 4, if we want to mix it up, we can try Raven Shield if we can ever find a goddamn torrent.

Anything newisher?

battlefield 2 veteran here,still waiting for a sequel up to the name.
Got angels fall first but nobody is fucking playing

I play here and there, I see the devs still pop on trying to polish shit. I wonder how many anons have it around here.

I have it too, though I've only ever thought about playing SP.

Jump in a server when you play, I did it when I played and we got like 20 or so people.

I fucking loved it when I was younger, never played it with Holla Forums. My best story from my time playing it:

Honestly, most of my time playing was spent watching other people achieve crazy feats while I died repeatedly.

Pretty much nailed how ARMA fails at realism. Too clunky for it's own good. Things you can do in Joint Operations while silly are actually stuff that can be accomplished in real life such as getting a dozen people on the roof of a BTR or a few dozen people inside a helicopter and on top of that it's less clunky with it, don't need to slide through menus to find a correct seat, you just jump inside or on top the vehicle and ride it.

Take it from me, Xtreme 2 is shit, its honestly the worst of the Delta Force series (best ones are 2, landwarrior and BHD/team sabre). I dont know about Xtreme 1, never played it.
However, this being said, i could be barking out of my asshole because:
1. I never played Xtreme 2 with other people
2. There might be mods that make Xtreme2 into the best fucking game on the planet.
But until im proven wrong i will continue to bark out of my asshole.

Anons, I really want to get in on this. I'm going to be out of town for a few days, so I can't be active immediately, but first I had a few questions.
First of all, do I have to pay for this? I am not a piratefag really, but I do have other things I want to spend my money on first.
Second of all, when I do get into the game, where the fuck do I start? Do people have servers hosted that are active or what?

We haven't played in forever bit I still have the allinfuckingone.rar that has everything. Maybe Ill host this weekend IF I can get more interest

Base game / expansion is here:
totalinternationalconflict.com/ModFILES/JOCAG/JOCAG_Install.exe

Most people just ran the pirated version but if you want to spend your shekels it's on Steam. You used to be able to buy directly it off of NovaLogic's website but the buy now links all lead to Steam. Or just wait for

Also if you didn't know by now Novalogic has been sold off to THQNordic. Whether or not this is a good or bad thing has yet to be seen but so far THQNordic has at least taken care & patched of some of the games they acquired over the years like Red Faction Guerilla & Titan Quest. Then again they do make profit off of games they never made.

Yes, please do. We're long overdue for rad ops again.

So i did some investigating…
And in terms of mods there's only 1 mod called "black ops" mod which i have no idea if its good or bad.
We could try it out and see, but id still rather stick with JO

bump

got a link for that?

Yeah, I can dump it in the vola. It SHOULD have everything you need. Have to mount the isos though. 3.4Gigs may take about an hour to upload.
volafile.io/r/HF33Go

This game has YET to be matched for me.

No game has touched it. I fucking get crazy nostalgic over it.

THQ Nordic has the rights to it now.

We MUST meme a new JO into reality.

All done!

KEK, PLEASE MAKE IT SO

I agree so much on the clunkiness. ARMA is a good game in certain aspects but it feels so slow, not just in terms of the menus but the animations and pacing as well. Feels like I have to fill out an application to watch my character slowly and gently preform an action.

Hey here's a neat idea, why dont we just send a bunch of emails to THQNordic expressing how much we really want a new Delta Force or JO?

I played for a few days during the first threads. Shit was rad as fuck and I was pretty sad when it died. Though honestly the best part was the retarded physics

stacking helicopters and shit is always a good time. Also piling onto a jeep and getting killed by a tank.

It was pretty fun

Can't be bothered to reinstall it

bump.

Bumping with
HELICOPTER STACKING

Also 2 anons from the SWBF2 sticky said this:

So maybe there's hope?

lets face it, we've done rader things. Like the one time we loaded a chinook with jeeps for a quick tactical air to ground vehicle insertion. we never survived the landing

Repacked Installer
No CD keys, ISOs or patches. Install and play!

Combined Arms:
mega.nz/#!ysh2EIBJ!ksilMwOfqQJA5KxvoBcuvt8VHRFFR7YTfO7gQs6H6G4

Advanced Warfare 2:
mega.nz/#F!OhQizQAT!3WBt_P8Ng3svmF3JefeHOg

I played it with you guys a few times. We did co-op missions against bots. I would fuck around not really knowing what I was doing and the experienced players would immediately complete the missions for us. When I did get to fight the bots, the AI was a total pushover. I didn't have very much fun. Probably would have enjoyed it more if we had done competitive multiplayer instead.

ghostbin.com/paste/5nd26
here's the paste for vmod, but the download is dead. Can anyone put it back online?

Here, I've uploaded it with JSGME so you can easily toggle it on and off. Instructions in the readme.

vmod 1.1:
mega.nz/#!m15kUQCB!NNFDcWXOf7bsRKMI1v3FS1PD5McyPyE6pPsUicD-3Qg

thanked you in the other thread

here's a bump

oh and ive noticed that i cant edit the object detail under ingame options for some reason. does anyone else have this problem?

overwrite this section in game.cfg:
ghostbin.com/paste/sxumh

it should be in the JO main folder right? i dont seem to have it.

Really? it should be generated automatically when you launch the game. Maybe it's bad permissions, try running as admin

oh there we go. Thanks!

bump

DLing now.

see:

in case the Vola is too slow.

I put up a dedicated server in an Evolve party to see how it runs. I can't play right now, but if someone else could connect and report if it works that would be great.

evolvehq.com/recruit/party?token=player:ojTRh_QsGeaPHi8E,party:iJOQfWqjTUUS-8UA

Server is running escalation + vmod. I've added all the coop missions to the playlist.

i'd try but im playing star wars right now. maybe later tonight?

I genuinely enjoyed playing the game with Holla Forums. Even the few times I played alone I had a good time.
It's a meme but it's based on the truth.

Installing

Do you have a direct ip or something? It's not working out with Evolve.

Can only do LAN. try this.

Success.

Great. I see there's a server on GameRanger with 9 people, in case you feel like playing with humans. Just disable vmod first.

gonna try this evolve stuff out.

well it works, so i guess we'll see what works best.

Putting the server down for now.

bump

Fuck off Joint Ops is one of the best multiplayer FPS that exist.

It's literally the best "military realistic style" FPS multi that exist.
It's fucking unmatched in his category, hell there is no FPS that managed to combined infantry/vehicles & fun/tactical as well as that game.
Battlefield games aren't even in the same galaxy as Joint Ops…

if only we could get a new and improved JO. Hopefully THQNordic goes through with letting Novalogic continue doing its thing. The way i see it, Novalogic and THQN are both companies that actually care about video games. Reminder that Novalogic released an update for a game 12 or so years after its release

guess you mostly stick to mainstream games since you mentioned battlefield above all the others
people should learn to only talk about what they actually know about, before they convince others that they actually know what they're saying

I'l be hosting a server some time next weekend, with the thread being up by Friday so that anons have time to get setup. .t BO of the ded board.

Its all just memes. Don't let your memes be dreams though.

coop was pretty dank
there were only a few maps where we could go against each other and have enough action and balance though

I'd do it on Thursday if I were you. Anons have an amazing ability to fuck up everything that can be fucked up when installing a game.

Thanks for the advice, duly noted.

Will this mess finally be buried in a shallow grave?

Never ever.

If you're still around

Problem with JOps is that half of maps suck if you don't have enough people and custom maps are some PTSD inducing shit, remember Iraq? I miss you faggots.

Seen and inside it.