PS Now to get PS4 games this year

Never Ever fags BTFO yet again
Liru as saved us all
archive.is/OeTnu

what's PS now

Sony's cloud service

a game streaming service so you know it's shit

A. It will be slow as shit on purpose to get people to test the games and make them want a ps4.

B. It will not have exclusives show up.

C. [Insert jewish practice here]

Slutwolf hasn't changed shit.
Enjoy your poorly optimized demos, faglords.

Underrated post.

pc wins again :^)

Doesn't matter
They will be avaible to be played without the need to own a shitty platform.

Steam, uplay, origin, even GoG don't let you own games, only license them, and that license can be revoked at any time.

Licensing is what a publisher does.
None of the above allow a consumer to license a game.
Valve has a license.
You do not, ever.

Nope, removing access to your account/s or licenses is a one way trip to jail nowadays.
Seeing all these fags still stuck in 2008 and pretending like the legislation and views on digital good hasn't changed after all this time is pretty funny to witness.

Do you actually think these companies who are forced to hand out refunds would have the power to remove your licenses that function just as a licensed DVD?

No one cares about Europe, faggot.

People have had entire steam accounts permanently banned and yet Gabe isn't getting his fat ass pounded in prison.

Banning accounts isn't a criminal offense, fucking hell.

Sure thing

Being banned doesn't stop you from accessing your game library or playing the games.
It just removes shit like buying additional games or accessing the Steam servers that plenty of games rely on.

Losing access to your Steam account absolutely does remove your ability to legally access all games in your library without violating the DMCA in order to bypass steamworks or steam executable protection.

Nope

Why are you talking about a VAC ban?

Nigger that's a cheating ban. Not a steam DRM bypass ban.

And yes retard, "Subscriptions" are their term for the games you've "bought", and not MMO game time subs.

Fair enough

I'm…genuinely surprised. Well done. It's a vital skill to have that many lack.

I just want the facts lad, Steam is pretty anti consumer overall but I like to support devs and futurr ports so I buy games from it and complement it with a pirated copy with an installer, I just see too many people on this board repeating rethoric with no basis and no facts.
I thought this was one of those occasions.

Should have read the whole Agreement again

Your argument falls apart right there
I want to support the devs somehow and most can only publish their digitally
Sorry, not a burger, I pirate all I want with no consequences.
Good thing nobody cares about Europe huh? :^)

sony's games are basically movies you can finish in a day.

for 15$ you can finish the entire ps4 catalog in a month and not wate 400$ on a pieceofshit4

Is PS Now even fixed yet? Last time I tried it, it was fucking awful and unplayable.

Maybe in Japan?

Fixing PSNow would require first fixing the terrible state of US internet and/or putting local servers in those countries which actually have competent internet infrastructure. And even then, it'd still be barely functional trash.

Legally you do in most states.
Among those you can have ownership revoked via license
California
Florida
New York

Nearly everywhere else it's illegal for a company to terminate your "license" to own a game, the only thing they are permitted to do is revoke your right to download from their servers.

and EA has been fined thousands of times because they buy their own "our customers don't actually own their games" bullshit. Valve won't fucking dare because texas slapped the ever loving shit out of them for trying to take away a $0.99 game from some 14 year old.
Why the fuck do you think Valve STILL lets you redownload software that has been legally abandoned or pulled from the storefront?
It's because they'll get the ever loving christ sued out of them if they ever pull it

PS Now is even more Jewish and shit than the PS4. You don't have to play the latest games right now. Stop support a cancerous platform and let it die.

valve did it before actually with the EULA change a few years ago. If you didn't accept the new eula, you lost everything with no chance of recovery.

Valve set a precedent by being the first people to really act on a widescale on eula's like that, that to me was the last sign that PC gaming was dead.

They got sued you dumbass

people with libraries restored after refusing the new EULA: 0

actually, everyone did, if you refused the eula you were just stuck without any of the steamcommunity features

You're only going to be able to play silky smooth 15fps cinematic experiences with this thing. Anything that requires any form of timed button inputs will be hopeless.

If Bloodborne hits the list, I'll subscribe. Until then, I'm taking notice of this service and very optimistic about the idea of it.

Remember when you could walk into a store, buy a box with a disc and a manual inside, install it on your PC or pop it in a console and then play the fucking game, no DRM required?

The copyright industry is digging its own grave with this overblown piracy exaggerations, and retarded solutions like streaming games are only going to make thing worse. Because when it comes down to it, when the choice becomes getting fucked by the video game equivalent of the TSA for $100 a month or to stop playing videogames, people are going to stop playing videogames.

would need to see proof of this, I've only ever seen people revoked entirely and their accounts pretty much rendered null.

This guy says you're wrong.

You mean the 80s? Actually, even in the 80s there was fucking drm.

happy to say this still exists so long as physical copies do. PC physical copies are either just serial codes or discs with the steam installer exe.

There was DRM in the 70s too. My friend bought a few of the old goldbox RPGs and one of them came with the old turn wheel DRM system. Another game came with a manual that's like a god damn bible, and you have to look up pages of this thing and type out full on paragraphs as DRM.

Today's DRM is shit you never even see, let alone interact with, fucking kids always griping about Steam DRM or the such. They never had to activate a game via Securom/Stardock, type in a CD-key, or deal with rootkits.

meh, it sounds extremely jewish, and will probably have some technical problems on PC. Literally the only console exclusive I have remote interest in is Bloodborne, and it doesn't seem to be worth getting caught in the jew's claw for one game. Well, at least it might shut up NEVEREVER shitposters on cuckchan

Oh boy, another person who fell for the industry's "Let's name this new form of copy protection in a vague manner so that imbeciles think it was always around!" trick.

It takes some top-tier delusion to equate streaming games to being able to ACTUALLY play a game on PC.

Streaming games is fucking horrible unless it's from another room in your own house.

Enjoy your disc rot.

Disc rot is a fucking meme. You're literally going to be dead before your discs die, if you keep them in proper condition.

not a problem, by the time I'm in my 80s sega saturn games will start fading away. Since I plan to get a satisfier as soon as they are available, not a problem.

It's funny that you say that, because the Smithsonian was accepting discs for 10 years that showed signs of Disc rot. And they got lots of CDs from people, some from as late as the 1980s. Disc rot is a combination of manufacturing defects, mishandling, non-standardized production, and misunderstanding of how the medium is created and used.

If you don't properly seal the CD's center ring, it can and will degrade in under 10 years' time. Likewise, a CD need not be exposed to direct sunlight to bake, room temperatures in summer can lead to discs dying prematurely. Disc rot is not a meme, but it's less of an issue today than it was 20 years ago. Nowadays the CDs that are most vulnerable to disc rot are the ones you'd expect: burnable CDs.

There's no real way to fix the issue there, because it would mean providing users with production grade machinery to literally cut and create the layers and seal them together in a vacuum. That would be a $10,000+ CD-burner drive, so it's quite natural to expect that no one has such equipment.

It just keeps getting worse for sonyggers.

How's that? Getting worse would imply that they're losing something. In this situation, they're not LOSING anything. Even their exclusivity is not actually lost, because in order to play some of those PS4 games streamed to PC you need an account with a subscription, and you still need a PC with a 5MBPS (1.25mb/s) internet connection. That's $20 a month, plus applicable fees for internet. If your connection goes down, your game will be lost. If you want stability and no loss of game performance or availability, you need to buy the games and you need to own the console.

You can stream your games all you want now, but in 5 years' time, who's to say that it'll still be there for you? Sony gamers aren't losing anything.

Copy protection and DRM are not the same thing.

Yes they are you moron. DRM means technical restrictions on what you can do with the software. Copying is one such restriction.

Cloud Gaming!
be my guest Ubuntu bro.

you can just set steam to offline mode (which you can do if you have saved credentials).

it fucking is you dumbass, it was made by flash drive manufacturers in like 2004. fuck offf???

you do know you have to do that shit in steam right?

What game? I haven't had to type in a CD key in years.

"games"

Thank you for contributing nothing to the thread.

You too.

The stupidity of this post combined with its smug confidence is amazing.
It's Jaden Smith tier of retardation.

I thought PS4s would be $200 in America
They're $300 here and everything is 1.5 times more expensive at least

And yet my CDs from the fucking 90s still work like day 1 with barely a scratch. Even the ones I burned myself. Sounds to me like people are too retarded to actually take care of their shit.

? What happened? Or are you making shit up. I have downloaded and made backups for a bunch of games, they cant remove my access to these games no matter what they do.

yeah and the installers are backed up on every torrent site also, you know, just in case

PS4 is 300$ in America? Fucking hell, like a week ago I checked the prices of PS3 in my country, there were a few games that I wanted to play that weren't on PC and I thought it would be quite cheap now, the cheapest one I found was 250$, fuck the economy of this country

Retailers are shit and even second hand due to high demand.

doze wer de ddays

Bump

Fuck that.

so what exactly makes streaming a game different from going to blockbuster and renting? There's a reason blockbuster asked for a credit card, they knew you'd be a little shit and try to rob them. It's the same concept just with the added requirement of a decent internet connection, which most people who would want a streaming service already have. The only real downside to a streaming service is you can't play your games without internet, but that's the reason these services don't make you pay for each title but rather a flat monthly fee you can cancel at any time.

It seems like an ideal kind of service if you're not deadset on getting a game but still want to give it a looksee. Hell it's good for people that have access to decent internet but can't afford a 400 dollar shitbox or a gaymen pc. I've tried out some shit with onlive a while back and that ran perfectly fine. I also played around on an nvidia shield thingy and it ran the game with minimal issues aside from a minor hiccup at the start. If the games run at the same rate steams in home streaming stuff runs then it should be fine.