Other urls found in this thread:

gameaudiofactory.bandcamp.com/album/styx-master-of-shadows-soundtrack
youtu.be/IKHd8TNrTH0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

a shard of hope appears

inb4 steam drm

The "teaser" looked like shit
Hopefully the game isn't.

First one was pretty good. Never played Orcs & Men, though.

Yeah, that's what they said about Nier Automata. We'll see.

I bet it will be much better than Disgendered 2.

And that's how competition works.

In this case it's the devs themselves confirming it's DRM-free. With Nier Automata they delayed the PC release and admitted it was to implement stronger DRM.

Nier Automata is only for weebs, so it having denuvo and being shit was only natural. Styx was a worthy homage to stealth games, and the fact that the dev is fighting against DRM with this announcement shows how much confidence he has in his creation.

At least steam is easily cracked + you can play it offline.

ill buy it because i love the first one and there arent enough bad ass goblin centered games, from what i have seen its a better stealth game than recent titles and the coop implementation looks pretty fun

CO-OP what now?
What are you going to do, sneak as Arkhail?

Isn't Steam DRM mandatory, though?
He should say "No DRM beyond what Gaben forces up my sphincter".
:^)

Is the first game worth a pirate? I saw it while looking up stealth games on steam (also to pirate) and the photos made it look like a """cinematic""" game.

Maybe.

i kinda hoped they kept the serious tone of the first game, though. The first trailer's launch trailer was badass.

It is. Powers and upgrades are a meaningless addition to the game, though.

Also reminder that the ost to the first game is free on the bandcamp(name your price, 0 minimum)
gameaudiofactory.bandcamp.com/album/styx-master-of-shadows-soundtrack

Steamworks is not mandatory, just default. For example Kerbal Space Program is DRM-free on Steam, you can just copy your install folder and it works.

I hate skill points system so much I swear to god I'm gonna lynch a game dev if they think it makes their game "fun and challenging"

Like I said, it's a very meaningless addition to the game and it can be perfectly played without it. Unless you want to play it as an assassin, then you might want to dump some points into the first two or three killing upgrades for incover and death from above assassinations. Otherwise the game is perfectly playable and I'd say more fun to play without using powers like detective goblin vision or the clones or invisibility.

Oh and don't be fooled for a second by the "stealth" upgrades, they're all for the shit invisibility skill that's only use is the mandatory tutorial.

Why put crafting into this ? For what purpose ?

By DRM free, do they mean that it will also be available as an non-steam version, or just Steam but not Denuvo?

Who the fuck knows. Why do games need upgrade systems when they add little value to it?

Do you have to install Steam in order to buy it?

To limit early game skills from lategame skills usually. But the same can hardly be said for items when you just pick them up from the ground and endgame items will just not be at your disposal earlygame.

Like I said, the upgrade system adds jack shit to the game besides making it too easy. It's exactly like Ori and the Blind Forest where the upgrades make the game worse, not better. An example of this is the triple jump upgrade that trivializes all of the platforming in the game.

Styx enemies like the knights and oneshot crossbowmen make the game harder later on. Skills like the stealth that does not deplete amber when not moving help with that.
It's not as pointless as crafting in such a game, where you pickpocket stuff from your enemies.

You weren't playing on Goblin, were you?

No it was on hard. But there is a specific type of ranged enemy whose very description is being able to oneshot you. No wat you missed those. The white clad crossbowmen with flashing eyes.

Yes because they process the payment through Steam, but once the game is installed you don't need Steam to run the game.

If you'd played on Goblin you'd have found that all crossbowmen one-shot you.

Kinda kills the point of oneshotting crossbowmen, doesn't it ? They would act the same as normal ones then.

we always knew nier automata would have drm. only delusional pc peasants thought otherwise and they got what they deserve. Enjoy your mediocre sequel to a mediocre stealth game.

I'm cautiously hopeful because the setting and gameplay of the original was great and apparently this one is more of the same. I just really love how the devs implemented story and gameplay by making the main character a goblin in a world made by people three times his size. It makes the game organic instead of contrived like other stealth games have become lately, plus stealth is mandatory unlike Dishonored.

An hour and a half lads
youtu.be/IKHd8TNrTH0

Yep. I loved it. Rarely do I play a game nowadays and finish it. Styx was the exception.

Hour and a half. Fuck daylight savings times.

IT'S FUCKING OUT

Now where the fuck is the link to download, nigger?

literally scum of the earth-tier

Nigger, I'm going to demo that shit first and foremost.

What the fuck do you think I'm going to do? If it requires Steam then it's not DRM free.

disgusting!!!!!! bleh!!!!!

By refunding you are actually costing money as someone has to process and reverse the payment and you use official server bandwith to download the game, meanwhile by pirating you are a complete non-factor. Using refunds to demo is actually worse than pirating to demo.

For what purpose?

Is goblin the hardest one? I did the one below that.

The only time I use invisibility is when I accidentally fuck up and attract a dozen guards to my position with no means of escape, so I can sit and do nothing until everyone fucks off again

Is there a real difference between Hard and Goblin anyways? If I replay Styx, I'll just do it non-lethal for the sake of challenge.

You actually do get rewards for a nonlethal playthrough.

This, you still end up giving valve money

Goblin difficulty makes every enemy in the game instakill if you get caught. It's like you turn off the annoying timing combat in favor of just dying.
Mixed with no abilities and non-lethal you just have comfy strolls under tables and climbing around. The bugals are still annoying, though.

I remember when Running With Scissors spoke out against DRM and for consumer's rights.

Now they love DRM and blame SJWs on their games getting bad reviews.

This timeline is great

Only for this game. Everything else is terrible.
Hooray for Styx though.

Damn it, it's fucking meme-lands all over again. I just died and it went to a seperate screen and he said "Is that a controller in your pocket, or are you glad to see me?" It doesn't even make sense?

It's shitty and cringeworthy on purpose to motivate you to get good so you never have to hear it again.

I'll stream it for a bit twitch.tv/corrom/

Calling steam DRM is like calling a child-proof cap child-proof. Shit's just as easy to get through. Not a single game with Steam DRM takes more than a few hours to crack.

Even if a game uses Steamworks, it doesn't inconvenience the legitimate user and in my opinion, it even benefits them.

Look at how many people bought The Witcher 3 on Steam as opposed to GOG due to the Cloud Save feature.

Master of Shadows was great. I didn't even know they were making this.

It's great user. Buy it.

Played a few hours last night. Overall, the gameplay mechanics are improved in basically every way over the first game.

However, there seems to be something fucky with the AI that I don't think is intentional, as they tend to either be complete retards or hawk-eyed killers. Also Styx's new personality is kind of grating because they're trying to make him into a goblin Deadpool but few of his jokes are funny.

It's matter of principle. If a company was to lie about whether their game is DRM free or has Steamworks DRM, what else are they going to lie about? Are they going to indignant if you call them out on their lie? No one wants to deal with a company like that.

didnt play the first (always wanted to though) but this looks interesting and has a good price point as well as no DRM, which I want to support devs for doing.

But be honest with me anons, how is it? How does it fare against my beloved Thief 1 & 2. Is it worth skipping the first and going right to it or should I play that first and then hop in?

Be strong and don't fall for it.

The story of the first becomes really important in the second one. If you want to know how it stacks up against Thief, you'll be glad to know that it borrows more from Thief and Hitman than it does Dishonored or Assassin's Creed. There's lots of traps, environmental interaction (putting out lights, throwing balls of sand and spit to put out torches from afar, unfastening chandeliers and bells to create diversions or kill people, etc)

The game makes you feel as weak in combat as a goblin would. There's no formal attack button and your only option if someone spots you and starts attacking is either to run, dodge, or parry them in an attempt to knock them off balance for a kill or an escape.

Like I said here the second game really does improve on almost everything in the first game besides some wonky AI issues and some jokes that fall flat. The graphics are great, there's co op, and the level design is fucking amazing.

I'll sound like a shill, but the games are worth picking up, even on sale, just because they're that good when it comes to carrying on the stealth game torch from games like Thief.

thanks, I'll give them a look and grab the first and second if it isn't on sale by the time I finish it. Been itching for a thief game and since CPY is taking their time on dishonored and I don't give a shit about hitman this will do nicely

Hope you enjoy them user. One thing a lot of people don't like about the first game is that even though the level design is good, it gets reused to an extent in the second half of the game when a story event causes you to have to backtrack through a lot of levels backwards with new enemies and patrol setups

I preferred his Garrett-like demeanor in the first game compared to the Redditpool persona that he's got going on right now.

If you don't use free as in freedom software you're always a proprietary slave

still a shit game smh tbh fam

Is there any information on how to crack steam DRM? I assume it has something to do with using a spoof steam_api.dll.

I'd love to be able to get my games out of steam so I can play them without logging in. Atm they will crash when they can't connect to steam though.

Yes. It is that fucking easy. I've been able to play at least 90% of my games without any connection at all.

Okay, how about advice on how to download the installers so I can can have a backup copy instead of having to go through Steam if I want to install the games?

Perhaps one should be aware of the downfalls of the methods they use to purchase a product, and instead go through methods that do not have native, however easy to ignore, DRM, if this is a concern.

Just a thought.

But that doesn't work for me as I've pointed out. The games crash when the steam_api library cant connec to steam. Maybe your method would work for old af games without steamworks/steamapi, but im inquruing about the games that do have it, and can be cracked easily apparently.

It works for all games user. When you go offline, you can still play every game as if you were online.
I'm assuming it's due to Steam keeping something like a cookie for browsers, only it stores your ID and maybe the games you've bought or something similar that it can use to "authenticate" even if offline.

If you can't go offline (it requires going online at least once), there's always cracks, just search for them. Often a torrent has those in a separate folder so you can set it to download said folder only and shorten a lot the download time too.

I don't want to have steam even installed once my game downloads are finished.

That's like refusing to visit Wallmart but still wanting what they are selling, user.
If that's what you want, then use some other digital distribution method, like GoG, Desura, Itch.io, Origin, etc.
Most Devs don't sell directly from their site and don't produce physical copies, you'll need something to download those games with and if you don't want to pirate, then you gotta use what's available.

No, this was big bang theory bad.

No, it's like going to wallmart, buying my item then leaving.

I don't want wallmart in my house hanging around watching me use the shit I bought. That's what steam does.

Going offline after buying it is pretty much "leaving Wallmart" as it gets.
In any case, you can't buy anything from Steam without having Steam installed, so use an alternative, if you can find it.

In any case, nothing stops you from using Steam to buy and download the game, cracking it and uninstalling Steam afterwards.
You can even remove it from the startup programs and only launch it when you want to buy something new.

You can buy from the website but you need the app to download the game afaik.

Which is originally what I was asking about.

user you're not very smart.