Lego Thread

What are your favorite Lego games?
The licensed are not welcome here.

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/JeffRuLz/LI2-Mod-Manager/
theisozone.com/downloads/pc/windows-games/lego-racers-2-usa/
mega.nz/#F!xkcGnDKA!NW-TPUzI2aRyIf2D-OdpaA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Lego Racers would be god-tier if it had online multiplayer. Shame 2 was such a turd.

I wish I could go back in time and play all those lego flash games again

Island Xtreme Stunts was always my favorite pre-LSW Lego game.

Also, just bough a copy of the original Lego Island days ago. Unfortunately, I can't get it to work properly. For some reason, my taskbar keeps appearing in front of the game (Making it inaccessible to click anything along the bottom of the screen.

Wish I could play my old Lego games on my new PC. Can't even get Windows 7 to run them.

Lego Chess was comfy and charming, with the Western and pirate themes.

Lego island had fun characters. The game was weird. The sequel was pretty cool because you could explore different worlds, but I remember the load times being abysmal on my Windows 98 PC. Took me six minutes to load the first world.

Lego Island is a bitch to get running on modern PCs, but at least you can fix the loading times in 2 with github.com/JeffRuLz/LI2-Mod-Manager/ .

You might be able to get some of the older ones to run via DOSbox running a windows 3.1 environment. It let me play some of the older Tonka games. Others might just need comparability modes.

Any word on how LEGO world is coming along? It kinda went silent after people had their fun with the skellingtons.

all I know is the game actually got released

the flash bionicle rpg

not the point and click one that everyone on here likes but the top-down one

Also LEGO universe was comfy as fuck

Logo island 2 nigga.. I remember playing that game almost daily when I was young.. It was fucking epic to me. Still waiting for lego island 3Rock raiders was also pretty good, can't remember playing many other videogames. Had the lego racers demo for ages but never bought the full game.. I was a poor kid

Fucking *LEGO Island, jesus, fuck!

I played Racers, Creator, Rock Raiders and Chess when I were younger.
I really liked building bases in Rock Raiders and airplanes in Creator.

Probably the second Chronicler game. I never was good at it, though. Never finished it, and sucked at the football soccer thing. But, I really had a lot of fun just exploring around.

Didn't lego not have internal software studios pre-licensed IP games?
Doesn't that technically mean all lego games are licensed out?

Still haven't found Lego Racers 2, is it as good as 1?

Here, try this one
theisozone.com/downloads/pc/windows-games/lego-racers-2-usa/

And it's a yes and no answer. For stuff it does right, it fucks up something that made LEGO racers 1 great. It's open world (which sounds like shit but for 2001, a few months before GTA III is damn impressive from a technical standpoint), there's damage modeling for the cars, mini games and collectables, and non car opponents (you can drive a wind sail in the ice level if you go pre-built).

But it goes to an RNG based Item pick up system (which keeps the game from becoming a slalom course of whites and greens) but the biggest fuck up IMO is they only let you use 19 bricks to build your car (it's 20 but the chassis counts as a brick). They say that 8 2X4 bricks have limitless amounts of variation, but they don't make for a very pretty car. And even worse is you only get one car per level and you can't reconfigure it.

And for a massive company Lego is really on point when it comes to pleasing fans, it might be worth it to email them if they still have the source files they'd probably port those games to modern systems.

I fucking hated Lego Creator Knights' Kingdom as a kid.
First game I bought and I hated it

Lego Island is the only lego game I've ever played. I never actually owned it though. Since I had a shitty single mother who worked full-time, all the way up to fifth grade I would spend 5 hours every day after school at daycare with the rest of the dysfunctional kids with single mothers.

At some point they got a computer, so sometimes one person got to play shit like lego island, freddi fish, putt putt and chip's challenge. We'd never get to play for long, maybe ~15 minutes. This song is the only thing that really stuck with me from the game.

I really fucking hated Lego stunt rally as kid.
I wish I was able to find a copy of Lego racers 1 or 2 before I found it.

I only liked stunt rally because I would spend hours making super comfy tracks. I recall making a snow track that when I started, it was just a simple loop and by the time I was done, you started in a small town and then ventured out into the tundra wastes.

It was a weird game and crashed a lot but building tracks was too much fun.

I beg to differ:
mega.nz/#F!xkcGnDKA!NW-TPUzI2aRyIf2D-OdpaA

How's LEGO Worlds? I remember one guy shilling it with skellingtons and it looked kind of fun (it's pretty much what Minecraft was supposed to be in most people's eyes I imagine)

Post your cars, anons.

Pardon the resolution, it only goes fullscreen during races.

I remember reading about the format Lego Racers characters and karts are stored in. Given how much people know about that shit, it probably wouldn't be too much work to reverse engineer the engine or import the assets into a freetard engine so we could finally have networked multiplayer.

Anyone played Lego Loco? It's one of the earlier lego games. It's a very comfy city builder based on the city and railroad lego sets. The graphics are timeless, the GUI is actually quite innovative, there are all these little easter eggs and mini-games and I think it even has some multiplayer. I haven't player it in a while but I think it would still hold up today if you want to have fun with it for a few hours.

I remember the 'missions' in Xtreme Stunts sucked but the open world exploration and collecting really elevated it.

mein neger. I played the Beta and while it wasn't perfect it definitely tried to break some of the rut of modern MMO design. Again really good systems for collecting all the items. Too bad it's dead.

Man, Lego Island 2 was great too. Thinking back it's amazing how many mini-games they were able to cram into that game. Also a really solid homage to all the different sets of LEGO (knights, space, amazon/explorer, etc).

Looking through some of the early lego games on wiki it seems they only handled publishing and left development to other teams. That explains the variety of genres and styles. Crazy how well they picked and/or managed the devs tho like points out.

my double nigger. that song is fucking engraved into my mind forever.

Aside from the map maker it had really good 4 player local mp on one keyboard.

It's great. No goal, almost no explanation, but it's easy to build simple neat things and run into the more complicated mechanics by accident. Good atmosphere.
You can supposedly send postcards to other players, but I only remember sending them to LEGO characters. Designing postcards was fun.
I'm going to install it again. It's probably at least ten years since I last played it.

I hate mondays.

FUCKING BACK TO BASICS

I never played 2, what was wrong with this?

*it
Someone on a podcast I'm listening to said "this" just as I typed that out. Autism, not even once.

so what changed between early access and release?

Rock Raiders = Game of the year all years

The race tracks are just repurposed from the area maps, the item system that involved white blocks to get better items is gone, and you can only have certain vehicles for certain areas. It also isn't as fast. There is probably other things but it's been forever since I played.

fuck you Holla Forums, i'll play what i want.

it hurts

I remember really liking Lego Chess as a kid. All I remember about it nowadays is the King who talked with a really bad Elvis impression.

Breaking the rules and talking about the licensed games, Lego Marvel Super Heroes is fucking good. Only game that I've 1K'd twice.

Lego Rock Raiders was excellent and I love it dearly. Legoland was great too.

Thank you for the nostalgia user, having a horrible day and this cheered me up a bit

use PCEM, my dude.

one'a these days I gobba try it again.

this right here. this fucking game was genius.

lego loco is amazing.

I'd fucking love if they made a lego loco 2 with more mechanics

It's a breeze to pirate. Sad thing is that it's unstable and runs best on VM's these days.

LEGO Worlds cracked servers when?

They would've made a freaking killing on it, damn it.

im pretty sure they did make racing sets

No one's saying their bad (Stunt Rally and LEGO racers 2 not withstanding). It's a shame that Travelers Tales seemingly has exclusive rights as besides world and the other MMO thing that died, there's nothing but those cookie cutters games.

The Racing series was more just regular cars and stuff. They never actually made a full on Tie in set. Granted you CAN build all the cars in the game (except those bricks that slide to a point, they're only attached to a diffrent brick AFAIK).

They didn't even need to make it at the time, they could release a Rocket Racer and Veronica Voltage set right now and they'd still fucking sell out.

anyone ever play either of these?

I remember seeing an Ad for Soccer Mania, and tried emulating Drome Racers (I remember it being just a standard arcade type racing game and dropped it quickly).

Drome Racers is nothing special and has jack shit to do with Lego, couldn't be assed to play more than a couple minutes every time I installed it.

There's quests now, and apparently I have a golden skeleton character I can unlock when I collect 120 gold bricks

Lego Nioh?

Didn't the soccer one have 0 customability?