ITT Review BotW

Give a "score" followed by a short review (short as in one paragraph, not a fucking blogpost).
Scores are:

(For a YT playthrough I recommend Vinesauce personally)

My review: Rent first, buy if you like. The game is unique for Zelda and handles open world really nice. You can really fuck with enemies, for an example watch Dunkey's BotW video where he fucks with enemies for 7 minutes. The shrines are like self-contained puzzles that remind me of Portal. You get pretty much all your major powers early on and the rest is a sandbox. Game is really fun and the graphics are cool. However I would still prefer Majora and Twilight Princess to this. Reminds me most of Far Cry 3 overworld and Portal puzzles, but it's done well enough. Not a 10/10 like IGN gave, but pretty damn fun.

This doesn't need to be in the general because it's a Wii U game, and because this fits better in its own thread. Besides, letting Spla2n have a thread means this game can too.

Other urls found in this thread:

notevendoommusic.com/
archive.is/ndRHn
archive.is/GSWKy
zelda.wikia.com/wiki/Talk:Vilia
zelda.gamepedia.com/Talk:Vilia
zelda.gamepedia.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=J_TzYGd9pjk.
youtube.com/watch?v=J_TzYGd9pjk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

4/10, pretty shit

Which score would you give, from the scores in the OP

I give it quads

Goddamnit

Fuck

like this?

Ebin

this is some highly concentrated autism

Leave this place and never return

I initially got it on the Wii U and adored it, so much so that I didn't want to deal with the frame drops and ended up taking it back and swapping it out for the switch version… luckily I didn't open it. As I began to play it more at a friends house I started noticing the little issues that would bring down the experience.
Then I went back and playe OoT and realized

They had casualized that aspect and dumbed it down to a few weapons and your tablet.

The combat is still really fun though, the added stealth mechanics are nice and work well, the climbing is a god send, and the areas where they did focus on are really cool… but it just isn't worth the price of entry.

I ended up taking it back and swapping it out for TPHD. I think it'll be good for the price once it hits the 30 dollar point.

Maybe no one here has actually played this game

doesn't count if you have to reroll

You know I had something in mind when I wrote the OP the way I did. Good review anyways, I agree mostly

STOP IT ALREADY

Buy if you have one of the consoles, but I don't think I'd recommend buying a wiiu/switch just for it. I've put in quite a lot of time into the game, and I've enjoyed the time spent… but it does have flaws.

Despite those flaws, I've enjoyed the sense of adventure and would probably recommend it to anyone who's ever enjoyed a Zelda game. But then, I don't hate games like Holla Forums seems to some days…

maybe your just a faggot OP
look, you don't seem like you are from here so I'll give you some friendly advice. lurk for at least two years before posting
shitposting aside, I'll actually say that the game isn't a trainwreck and I've even had fun playing it. But the 'dungeons' are pisseasy single puzzle rooms that don't give you the feeling of progression, and all of the dungeon bosses can be easily beat with arrows and [insert gimmick here]. I give it a 6/10. or in your retarded "score scheme" that no one in their right mind would use: pirate first, buy if you like it enough

You call me a newfag and yet you use shitty 10pt review score, when my OP asked for recommendations instead. Think about how gay that is

Its mediocre garbage that grabs you for about 2hours before you realize just how shallow and shitty it is.

What, are you autistic or something, OP? Were you bullied in school?

Oh wait
yeah he's a 10 year old autist

stay mad faggot

7/10 OH GOD HOW DID THIS GET HERE I AM NOT GOOD WITH COMPUTER

Honestly if the exploration weren't decent I'd drop it. Most of the shit you find is useless though. Pirate this shit, or buy it used/on sale. Definitely not worth $60.

You made me post this

notevendoommusic.com/

You reek of halfchan.

2/10 its shit

Hello CIA

I hope you returned the switch

Nah

I like Vinny, but he's almost 30 hours in and he hasn't made a lot of progress story-wise.
He left to PAX, where he can't stream (understandable), but has left his viewers on the middle of a storyline until he comes back

I feel so cucked it isn't even funny binyot

That leaves watching someone play as the only option, faggot

Exploring the world is a delight, something I never thought I'd say about an open world game
Of the ones where you unlock the reward dungeon from completing a quest or an overworld puzzle or a test of skill the only one I thought was stupid was the shrine on the eye in skull lake because I glided from the Goron tower and skipped most of the climb but still got the reward, it just felt cheap, other than that I don't care for the tests of strength, but only a few dungeons have been like that.

The only thing I've enjoyed so far was the bait and switch with showing the concept art and displaying within trailers the former champions and not the current ones.

I'd say overall Breath of the Wild is a breath of fresh air for the genre and in general for AAA games, I haven't played a game where I enjoyed the difficulty as much since Dark Souls, and it's very refreshing that enemy design isn't just more HP and damage for enemies that most games seem to think "hard" is, and it's great that Moblin's while being visually intimidating are clumsy as fuck and will easily overshoot their attacks if the player positions themselves right. this is the first time I've legitimately enjoyed exploring an open world, you always have to play tactfully when moving over obstacles like water, cliffs or ravines, and the hidden in plain sight Korok seed puzzles are great padding.

The only game I expect to be as good or better is Mountain Blade Butterlord.

Whenever you end up getting a Switch or if you own a Switch or a WiiU just go out and buy it now, or whenever it's available to pirate on Cemu give it a try then.

user, they removed that feature to save it for the hard mode DLC.

explain where you rent games.

any game.

Best Zelda since OOT/MM

Funny that you mention this.

It's not quite 8.8/10, but Jim Sterling gave Breasts of the Wild a 7/10 after which butthurt Zelda fanboys DDOS'd his site.
archive.is/ndRHn

Daily reminder that Jim Sterling has quite the shitlord past, so to convince his new masters not to blacklist him, he's started giving blowjobs and getting cuckolded to prove just how progressive he is.

Read it again: he's given his ass away for the priviledge of reviewing videogames.

I t ' s t i m e t o s h i t p o s t

I can't tell if this is autism or datamining. Maybe both. It just feels like someone took a form and turned it into an OP.

My review as a parent:

- Kids love these games where you can run around achieving shit all

- I'm not gonna shell 400$ for a system that's likely to be dead in the water in 2 years

- Le thirteen year old adults telling me Zelda's formula is old and busted, but this one is different so it's shit :^)

7/10
Not as good as LTTP. Only 4 main "items". Physics are fun. Has lots of exploration. Feels like a true sequel to zelda 1.

This fat fucking cuck

Goddamn that was my first meme. Fuck the summerfags who turned it into cancer. I want to die.

I don't know which is funnier, the assmad Zelda fanboys who think 7/10 is bad or the fact Sterling spends every waking moment in agony over a foreign political leader

Hasn't NEDM been dead for awhile?

bout a 6/10
Weapons degrade like they were made out of wet cardboard and there is no treasure to look for.
Part of the fun of exploring is finding cool loot, but all you get is spirit orbs and shitty swords that break after a few hits.
the combat is decent and the story is pretty good though.

Metal Gear Zeldarim: Link took a fuck long nap

-interesting enough to distract from the past years just fucking around and modding New Vegas, souls, and GTA

6/10 would pirate again, dont fucking spend money on this

Can you turn that into a paragraph?

You mean thinking man's fetish.

Also, hard mode is dlc.

I didn't get one thankfully.

I will at some point, and I'll probably pick up the game again, but at the moment I can wait quite a while I think. Especially considering I hadn't played most of the Zelda games so I'm going back and enjoying them now. It's crazy how timeless they are.

9/10
Positives:
>Combat is about learning and optimising your playstyle through the things you find and what you learn about enemies, not purely theatrics. If there was no durability, the game would be boring since you'd just use the best weapon with your favourite moveset all the time

Neutral:

Negative:

Despite the number of negatives, it's still 9/10 because the time spent with the positive very much outweighs what you experience of the negatives.

I give it 6 oranges out of 10

7/10

It's certainly not a bad game, but it ain't fucking pefrect. There are some aspects that are enjoyable to experience, like the overworld and the npcs, but the dungeons and the shrines are either too easy or use the gyroscope. I got pissed at one of the mazes so much that I turned the maze upside down and moved the ball along the flat surface underneath it and completed it almost straight away.
If you want to enjoy this game more, don't watch any videos or youtuber faggots masturbate over it. Get it either in sale or pirate it with the hard mode dlc, when it comes out.

there will never be a more pure waifu.

Has the Best Game play in the Series, but has the Dungeons and Bosses From a Design Perspective, and the Story is the worst in any 3D Zelda game.

Recommended to Buy on the Wii U if you have a Wii U.

Is skyward sword worth playing?

Oh yeah and to Add onto that, I revisted Previous Zelda games and another Aspect of BotW I enjoy is all the sidequest and minigames are better in this as they use the core mechanics. No nonsense like the SPLOOOOSH or Auction House Minigame like in Wind Waker, and BotW controls the best out of all Zelda games, being smooth like butter.

I would give it a 7-8/10

I'd say pirate it if you can, only buy it if you got money to burn. It's a solid 7/10, but fuck mant he dungeons are so pathetically small.

No. It's still the worst Zeldo.

I've got about 20 hours of gameplay so I'll chime in. 9/10

Things I like:

Things I dislike :

My issues with the game are mostly the lack of music and the motion controlled shrines. Although I would have liked a few more bosses, particularly really big ones that you'd have to climb or something (the Talus was a good start).

My only issue with durability is when you end up breaking weapons for puzzle stuff, usually with stasis. In combat I don't worry too much about it since it promotes variety in fighting style, and you get tons of weapons anyway.

Overall I'd say maybe a bit above an 8 for me. But pirate it on Wii U. Don't buy a Switch or give Nintendo money. They've turning into the biggest cunts around, worse now than ever. Not only have learned nothing from the Wii U, but now are trying to fuck consumers even worse.

You are but little baby, watch this.
go to 4:43

So, how long until Skyward Sword becomes GOAT?

Someone needs to DDOS his life. Also get his patreon shut down, because that beached whale makes entirely too much money for picking fights with devs of trashy steam games.

NEVER

Does BOTW have a new game plus mode like WW?

Jealous? I am

9/10, maybe 9.5/10.

The good

The bad

if you fuck up like i did by not taking a photo of the ganon dungeon bosses
you're given a star on your save'd game after you beat it
you can beat the game without the divine beast, they'll put every dungeon boss at hyrule castle's sanctum, so if you've got savage lynel equipment thats "fuckyourshit" levels of reinforcement you'll be fine

Malon won the Link Cup.

How the fuck did Skyward Sword do better in these areas?

compared to this? yes. As long as you're not a spastic retard and use well defined wrist movements (and remember that Down on the Dpad re-centers your sword/aim) .

It has more engaging dungeons, more interesting foes, it has a shield system where you have to worry about durability, but when you get far enough into the game, you can get the hylian shield, which doesn't break or wear down.

I dunno, user…

this is the concept art of OOT link's wife

Halfchan usually talks about games, Holla Forums usually jerks off to waifus and shits on actual vidya threads (see ITT). I would go back but the actual discussion at 4chan is shit tier so I'll take the 1% of Holla Forums that actually plays games instead.

watch out brah mark's gonna ban you for not getting in line with Holla Forums culture!!!!

Maybe the game isn't as good as everyone is saying. The game does little to nothing new, it removes a lot from the zelda formula and it's saving grace is exploring shit.

You playing the same game we are, bro? The main quest is just something you can do on accident while you're busy wandering the world finding all the cool shit.

As far as I know, there is no weapon repair system that I've found. So yes, the point is to break your weapons and use other ones. The game throws enough of them at you that it's never really a problem.

Please tell me where all this cool shit is. All I found are a bunch of 1 room shrines and some 2 second puzzles for a korok seed.

"""culture"""
This place needs chemo, badly. Moderation is too lax for any real change to happen. We could use stricter rules for one thing.

i rate this thread 2/10 tbh op is a giant gay

I can't speak for him, but I was wandering around some scaffolding in the Gerduo Valley, climbed up the last bit of the cliffside to get a better view of everything, and then found three Gorons who presented me with a minigame
There's shit like that all over the place. Like the accordion bird guy, who's songs give you hints on how to bring out a shrine.

I'm of course avoiding the other point of how the game's world is interesting enough, visually and geographically, to maintain interest in exploring alone, since your opinion is clearly made on that.

But that shit isn't actually all over the place. I like the game but people are vastly overstating just how much content there is. Most of the overworld puzzles are just shitty korok seeds.

Yeah, I figured that may be the case. About a day in I thought to myself that Skyward Sword looked to be a better Zelda than this one.

At least it hadn't abandoned the temples and items.

So what are the pros and cons of SS and a realistic rating seeing as I'm sure the 10's it got were just journalists being journalists.

You're supposed to use a diamond to repair a weapon, which you apparently trade some useless shit to some faggot somewhere to get a diamond then go somewhere else to get the weapon reforged.

Look, there is nothing in terms of equipment or out-of-the-way obtainables that are worth anything.

Remember going out of your way to do inane bullshit and suddenly getting a motherfucking Bottle and knowing how that has so many fucking uses? What about a weapon, a shield, or other item that was a well built tool to assist you in your quest or make a hard situation easier?

The problem here is that there may be plenty of inane bullshit to do, but no payoff, just like every "open world" game ever.

yeah i COULD do all these sidequests, but there is no point. At best, they give mats and money, which is irrelevant since raiding a basic foe camp with shit weapons will give you better weapons than when you went in.

Remember how Skyward Sword had the shields with durability? Remember how, after goign through a bunch of game, you could face a trial and get the legendary shield that didn't break?

Now we compare that to this game and we got weapons that break, and as we go through the game we get access to the legendary sword that… breaks like everything else.

after a 10 minute cooldown which does not start until the weapon is broken, so you don't want to use the weapon for anything else than a situation where you fully break it, because otherwise it sits with that 1-2 hits left on it for eternity until you break it, making it a tedious babysitting job instead of a natural flowing item.

OK, well, first thing is that the game has a fun bit of movement to Link compared to things like OoT and WW by replacing the roll with a Sprint Gauge.

You get items that let you forge unique/better shields as well as better potions and various other items.

Bosses are interesting as they play up the swordplay quite a bit, the the best boss in the game is Koloktos, which requires swordskill, a bullwhip, and a bit of luck.

The one flaw is that the game is fairly linear and the main overworld (skyloft) doesn't have much to explore. As soon as you hit the ground, you are in perpetual dungeon, but this works as everything is a puzzle and an obstacle to overcome.

I'd say the main problem is a glitch where, when you have gone through the main three areas, you end up having to go back through them, and if you don't go back through them in the EXACT same way and talk to some Goron faggot, your game forgets an event flag and fucks your playthrough unless you download the patch.

Remember, don't spaz the fuck out, take your time with the swordplay and GET FUCKING GOOD AT THE SHIELD PARRY.

Oh, and Fi. You'll want to hatefuck her mouth by the end of the game since this game was where they started overdoing it for everyone being inept at playing games (she reminds you when you're down to 3 hearts, when your battery is low, and points out how to deal with several obvious puzzles that focus groups obviously failed at).

I rate a little differently which is 5.0 = "this is a game, it is a playable game and does what a game needs to do to be a game without being broken."

I personally rate SS about a 7 Zelda class game.

If you go in expecting a Zelda class game where you wander around and find dungeons and kick evil, this is it, but the dungeons are MOST of the game, therefore presented before you, Fi doesn't shut up for a lot of it, the soundtrack is fantastic, and a few mechanics (like being able to pick up bomb flowers and stick them in your bomb bag until your bag is full) are a welcome addition to the series.

The downsides are mainly the lack of finding the dungeons, Fi not shutting up, an overworld with not much in it, and being a retard flailing about like a moron in a game about precise movement.

I'll have to download that patch for sure, and that Fi bit does sound rough, but the other things seems forgivable. I'm going through most of the series now for the first time. I'll add this one to the list.

How about the overworld shrine puzzles, or the Chinese-style dragons randomly flying about? Or the statues carved into mountains, the labyrinths or coliseums in the various corners of the world, the map parts named after different Zelda characters throughout the series or ruins of setpieces from previous games, bokoblin camps with clear approaches set up for sneaking around and killing them all without ever being seen or without ever drawing a weapon? How about random glowing points off in the distance with no explanation that are half of the entire world away?

It's like some people are determined to avoid having fun or enjoying the thrill of discovery at any cost.

Oh, you mean the legendary equipment, which, yeah, a diamond and some miscellany to replace. I mostly broke them and then left them alone without replacing them, there are better weapons all over once you start being able to take on the Lynels.

But if your only reason for doing something is payoff, then you'd be better off working out, or getting a second job, not playing a video game. For some people the exploration and completion is its own reward.

Some of those are good, yes. Some are terrible.
Only 3 of them and they aren't even a challenge.
it's just a visual, why isn't there a piece of heart or a dungeon near or in the statue carved out of the mountain?
Usually just have a shrine and a few koroks, again neat visuals but lacking substance.
I understood that reference, haha.
1)this isn't a stealth game
2)you waste weapon durability killing shit
3)the rewards for clearing camps are never worth the time
That's Iwata's Memorial

It's like some people see the game for what it really is, empty and shallow with tons of shitty filler with little good in between just like most games in the genre. The one thing it does well is running around and seeing shit. The combat is bad, the weapon system is bad and your toolkit/items are very limited. The game has serious flaws. If they kept some of the zelda formula while going open world I wouldn't be as critical but they changed too much, and took too much out.

then congrats, but that isn't the zelda formula.

Since day one, doing side quests in zelda got you top tier goods that either resulted in heart pieces, heart containers, bottles, shortcuts, or even a sword to surpass metal gear.

In this, doing sidequests is like playing assassins creed; they are for bragging rights. Collecting the flags means nothing; you don't get an in game perk of any sort. but even here, I can still point out how something is useful, such as rescuing the peasants to give you cover or scouting a viewpoint to fill in the map, but there is no such thing here and that hurts the game.

This nigga gets it.

I just fucking finished fapping. Don't do this.

I really hope Nintendo doesn't fuck it up in the future entries. That exploration was god tier and the feeling of discovering a new area (protip : start on the Eastern side) was so excited.
I remember the first time I sneaked in Hyrule's to steal weapons and it was great.

Really deserves more dungeons (although dungeons are my least favourite things in Zelda games, I like exploration) and more items to unlock (such as a god damn insect net and a grapling hook would be nice).

Last tip : just take it on the Wii U, the framerate issues aren't that big of a deal and the switch doesn't even solve them.

By the way, is NIER better ? I'm really starved for good game and waiting for the PC release.

Good/Good. It's fun to jump off a cliff, draw the bow, place a bomb arrow perfectly and blow up a whole monster camp as you land on your shield and snowboard away with all the food lying in the camp, now cooked and raining from the sky around you.

If you are stingy, pirate on WiiU, if you have one, or wait for CEMU. If you have disposable income, buy it on Switch. I pirated on WiiU and will buy it down the road after Switch has at least a price drop.

Game is good. Not 10/10 like the press is raving around, but good enough to warrant a playthrough if you like videogames. It is one of the best games in the past 5 years. Contrarian faggots bashing the game here almost always didn't even play the game as they tend to parrot incorrect information they probably read second hand rather than experience it themselves.

source of webm?

Less features than morrowind should be the standard? It's a weak open world game too.

Zelda isn't an RPG.

When the fuck did I say it was? It's a poor transition to open world when other games have done the open world elements better.

Then don't bring up Morrowind, you fucking retard. Stop at cuckchan if you want to be right by moving goalposts.

I can't play it because mexifaggots robbed the bestbuy that actually had switches and wii u copies near me/10

It's what should be the standard : the bare minimum for an open world game to be considered good.
If you say the exmploration isn't satisfying then you're probably just kidding me.

We're talking about open world games you fucking blithering retard. Morrowind is an Open World RPG. BotW is an Open World Action game, which fails horribly at the action and many other areas.

Morrowind should be the standard because the exploration is even better.

If I had to give an insipid number score, 8.5/10
Only open-world game I've put more than enough time to get through the main story for. Things to do on the side are actually interesting(Tarrey Town best side quest) and the amount of things to discover in the world ALMOST make up for a lack of NG+.Game is sadly brought down in my eyes because of:
from female VAs in particular, more treehouse nepotism from gooney beard men I'm sure
I'm no mustard but you can see the mipmapping/LOD only goes like two feet in front of Link, you can rotate the camera and watch texture and shadow quality change before your very eyes. and finally…
All weapons feel like they should last twice as long. I find it hard to believe that a SOLDIER's broadsword(something you'd expect to be made with durability in mind) can only kill 2-3 Moblins before shattering.

Wew lad, and then nintendrones think they're allowed in here.

YEAH SURE DUDE GO SHIELD SURFING THEY SAID
IT'LL BE FUCKING COOL THEY SAID
FUCK SHIELD SURFING

I wish it didn't deplete durability

I take my score back, 7.5/10 because shield surfing is probably the raddest fucking thing in the game but it's application is so limited because of how much durability in this game sucks.

use the hyrule shield if you really wanna use it for long periods.

Here's an idea: don't make a game with precise movement rely on a controller that is notoriously imprecise. If you need a button to fix your controls, you're probably doing something wrong.

The exact same excuse for SFZ having shittier controls that could easily be replicated on a regular controller without motion gimmicks. I guess we know what kind of retard actually defends Squidward Sword now.

OK but guys, at least we can all agree

If it wasn't a ZELDA game, but literally everything else was the same, it would get a 8/10 at MOST, and we all know it.

Now for the million dollar question that will undoubtedly sexually confuse anons:

If Dragon Age: Inquisition had this gameplay, would you play it?

but I already have the Witcher games

It feels more like a spin off of a Zelda game than an actual Zelda game.

DING DING DING

(checked)
Aye but then it wouldn't be as hilarious when shit like that happens. Sometimes it's just downright funny to be wailing on some dude, and you end up just smashing a claymore across a bitches' head to finish them off.

Overall I give the game a solid 7/10. not a games media "it's okay i guess 7/10" but a genuine "this is really good but there's some serious issues here" kind of 7.

The good:

The okay:

the bad:

Why the fuck did the zora turn into birds anyway once the world flooded?
DID GANON PUT SHIT IN THE WATER TO TURN THE FISH GAY OR SOMETHING?

Someone call Alex Jones.
Hyrule desperately needs some water filters.

yes and I would fight Holla Forums over it.

If evolution is real and rito came from zoras then how are their still fish people?

Liar, it's a kids game.

I played it, and enjoyed it very much, my playtime is enough proof of that.

The good

The bad
You get the tunic after completing every shrine in the game

Calm down fam, your shield wont break if you use it on snow or sand. Grass or stone will fuck it up though. Or are you using wooden shields for surfing like a dumbass?

How is the combat bad? You can do more with it than any other zelda game, or let alone most games. Besides the weapons constantly breaking id say its an improvement.

Oh yeah and

I give the game an 8.5/10

6 out of 10.

Core gameplay mechanics make for an unbalanced level of consistency. Breakable weapons, an influx of generic (and mostly unnecessary) Shrines, and unbalanced enemy to character hit ratio serve to artificially lengthen a game that, without them, would equate to a 10 hour quest. Visually pleasing but pop-up and frame rate issues only serve to further hinder fluidity. Moments of brilliance and enjoyment exist but are too far and few between.

Twilight priness and WW had better fucking combat. This shit is basically one button mashing or headshot with arrows. You don't even need arrow headshots if you just use elemental arrows which are broken as fuck, each of which disable most enemies better than Stasis +.

Harass them and torture them, you gutter sucking retard.

It's fun
I give it a 7.9/10 for now.
Still very early in this game.

What pisses me off is that when you die, your enemy goes back to full health but the weapons you use are wasted. Thankfully the game gives you an option to use an earlier save, recover and try again.

That, and the animals you try to hunt literally disappear into thin air. I'm chasing a hog, squirrel, frog, lizard, etc. Then it just fucking vanishes, not escapes, but becomes transparent and poof, it's gone. Same happens when an animal clips through the fucking rocks. What the hell is this, purgatory?

Jesus Christ, some weapons also breaks so god damn easily.
Even if you accidentally hit let's say…a tree, it will tell you your weapon is badly damaged

Nonetheless, I'm having some enjoyment out of collecting resources and items, even if the world is barren as hell. Sneaking in and destroying the enemies from the inside is satisfying as hell.
I just beat a huge fucking rock monster too, and go a bunch of ambers out of it.
If someone can tell me the recipe to go the ice world, that would be just great. Still need to hunt a hog though.

I remember playing WW quite recently and the combat in there could also be button mashing or timed button prompts. You could also disable the shit out of enemies with a boomerang, which was quite broken.

In TW's case that makes sense. Especially with the multiple techniques you learn throughout the game. Idk if you can disable enemies but i like how in botw you can indeed get fucked up if you dont time your attacks right such as the charge attacks but its not really much of a big deal being that you can just pause the game and eat something that instantly heals all of your health plus adds bonus hearts.

I just like how the tools available to you and the physics can add to the combat and make it much more that the other games which i find incredibly enjoyable.

Its definelty not perfect or hard but what do you expect, its a LOZ game, they are made for casuals.

The small cabin the oldman lives in has the recipe in it.

I read it. He says he "forgot".
Do I gotta hunt a boar for raw meat, or is there another way I can make a meal that will help me withstand the cold.

hyrule bass - in the lake by where you meet the old man
hot peppers - in the old mans cabin
raw meat - from the animals in the forest of spirits

There are horses to the north of where you drop off the great plateau

Depending on if you play like a retard or not you may or may not enjoy the game, have fun anyways.

If we had more tools for combat I wouldn't be so harsh on it. The game really needs more items/tools for solving puzzles and dealing with enemies. They could have taken the candle or lantern and expanded upon that with more uses for fire. Also having a lantern you could just wear at night, while making nights darker would have been nice.

I'm getting gud.
Now I haven't caught a fish, guess I have to learn how to do that too.
I smiled like a retard when I discovered a Korok hiding under a rock

Back to reddit with you.

I'm in Pro Mode, so there's no map, it's more adventurous that way. Only the health bar shows Also.
Holla Forums - Video Games

Not Holla Forums - Never Explain Video Games

Weird question
Are there no Rupees in breath of the wild?

There are Rupees.

There are

He's in his safe space

Question, has anyone extracted the models from the game yet? I want to know what link and the others look like without cell shading.

Dropped 80 hours into it.

It's all about the journey rather than the end goal. Enable the pro hud, which hides everything but heart display, and unleash your inner explorer. I had a lot of fun getting lost and surviving against the wilds without a map and low on resources. When I found a settlement actually felt relief.

In the end the game builds you up to what appears to be a an epic boss fight, but it falls flat on its face with an easy two stage fight, and no new game plus or post game material (unless you consider the abundance of silver enemies post game). You get punished in the way of an easier fight per divine beast you liberate, so if you free all beasts ganon gets dropped to half health and the fight is so easy i kept asking myself "is this it?"

8/10 would fuck the fish.

So far this is the only zelda game that I can't bring myself to replaying. The only redeeming quality was the final gaunlet and ghirahim/demise boss fights.

So basically you have to roleplay that you're actually playing a good game. Thats how I had fun with minecraft back in early development.

You wake up tied to a bed; and this is the first thing you see. What do you do?

Press A

Stole a weapon from a moblin, fucker got so flustered he threw a bokoblin at me. Bokoblin got so mad he started attacking moblin while the moblin was trying to pick up the weapons that the bokoblin dropped.

Fun little interactions.

WHOOSH

It's too late to save face, Jojofag. It's done.

How do you unlock this weird red Link Switch shirt? Where do I find it?

Zeeroh oudda tin

Cannot play on muh PC. Is a bad gaem bcuz. Do not buying, unless is on Steem. Thank.

Sure there's a lot of side quests that just end in silver rupees, but saying that they are mostly useless is a stretch.

>Get to Dark Beast Ganon
Final boss seems like it was rushed out the door tbh.

It's never too late to call out retards who take jokes seriously.

Muh dick

Apparently there's kind of crafting in the game. Some unique weapons can be re-forged in a workshop if you have the right materials for them, which I'm assuming it's the corresponding elemental gem and a few more rocks.

If those last for a while, I can see this being quite interesting. You use crappy weapons at will against everything and everyone to replace them as soon as possible but when serious fights start, you switch to better weapons.
I'm currently already finding them faster than I can break them since I stopped bringing moblin clubs with me.

Only time there's a problem is with those Lynel guys that sure can take a beating and all my weapons with them.

By the way, you can ride the Lynel, bears and deer as well (although I haven't managed to pacify the Lynel yet) Dunno if you can register them afterwards or if they're meant to be temporary mounts.

It's so bad, I refuse to even try it.

Since when is Link Aneros sponsor??

There are TWO hylian shields in the game??*
I found one with a little help from google
but where is the other??
I know about the secret shop too

I found out a way to cheese lynels.
Doing that will stun lock the lynel.

And there you go, a dead lynel with minimal injuries and broken weapons, but its spongey heath may still take a weapon or 3 to take down.

Exactly what I thought
I need a prostate massager
I also need a picture with link using the Boko Club or arm to stimulate his asshole

I want one too, but I live with people.

MUH DICK!!!

hnnnng

You want my review OP?
Well here it goes

Gay/10
Too much gays.

user, you need to stop this and just jerk off already.

Stop it.

dont worry, dotr will come soon fam.
All i wanted to do was have discussion about zeldo
Go back to /cuteboys/ you fucking thread derailing fags

Sorry about that. Didn't mean to try to derail your thread. I just really like links aesthetics.
From the looks of it. He does too

Did you draw that JUST now?

I said stop.

There's a nintendo switch shirt? What do you do to get it?

Sucking my cock nice and good user

but your benis doesn't have an nfc chip

Well you won't know if that's true until you see it ;3

stay on Holla Forums and pretend ur not gay there while you post sweaty half naked men while posting words like "homo" and "faggot"

Why don't you stay on /cuteboys/ where you belong.

only gay people know about the /cuteboys/ board

so i guess you are on the gay spectrum too no?

Why don't you two just fuck it out?

Rimjobs, yipee

Buy DLC

how the absolute eff do you know i like rimjobs?

i didn't know you were allowed to say "faggot" in the WWE

That was TNA

is there a difference?

clearly kek likes them as well.

You KNOW link is good when even the skeleton is trying to get a piece of DAT ass.

"BRING ME THAT ASS"

Yeah, somewhere between Triforce Heroes and Hyrule Warriors.

What on earth is wrong with you

3/10
They ruined Zelda. Everything that was fun is gone. This is boring and empty. Wtf nintendo?

But…
7.5/10
Just beat the game and I'm still super salty about the huge shortcomings and piss easy final boss +lame ending, but when you look back you realize you still had fun and the game getting slightly worse doesn't change that.

I wondered why most of the puzzles in ZBotW were so simple, then I recently watched some footage of someone playing the game & it became clear how retarded the average "gamer" truly is. The Valve playtester scenario is most certainly not an isolated case.

LOOK AT HIS CUTE LITTLE BUTT! IT ACTUALLY HAS SHADING

stop using mp4

my browser doesn't handle them by default and i don'tknow how to fix it

Modern Youtube/Twitch gamer is what you'd get if you catered to the oblivious retards that Valve hired for playtesting purposes and are loathed by people who play the final products for being why Valve dumbs shit down to an unreasonable degree or makes questionable design changes, ie supposedly playtesters still shooting at eachother regardless of robots in TF2's Mann Vs. Machine are why it's still just a shitty RED vs. BLU gamemode and the """gray""" robots wear blue shirts.

Chromium doesn't support mp4s by default either though?

You need to find all the memories to get the true ending.

yes you have to actually play the game as intended and explore just like in the first games instead of following internet guides.

LINK IS FOR HUG NOT FOR FUG

anyone else really want to sexx shota Link from OOT when you were also a shota?

why are Zelda fans such literal children all the time?

8.5/10

Very much enjoying exploration; I thought the overworld map being so goddamned huge would make it a complete slog to travel around in like the Great Sea, but even running around is entertaining enough that I'm not bored. Shrines just dumping you into the general vicinity of a location instead of straight at Kakariko for instance is a nice touch, along with shrines for places that're a pain in the ass to get to like a shrine that warps you straight into the Korok Forest. Weapon durability being piss-poor infuriates me like nothing else, even knowing the game shits a constant stream of good weapons at you to make up for it.

Also learn to report, hide and ignore autistic thread-derailers.

cause its ok if nintendo does it
its really not nintendo is a shit company stop support them

VR and dildo. Ur welcum

8/10, buy it on Wii U or wait for CEMU
Exploration and freedom is great. Shrines were decent. Dungeons/divine beasts were too small and too few. Side quests are kind of meh, but can be decent. Music is good. There's a few framerate slowdowns in towns, but it happens with the Wii U and Switch, so there's no benefit to buying a new console.

The game starts out, refreshingly, pretty hard and is actually a fun experience for experienced players, but it gets stupid easy after you get the Master Sword. Maybe the hard mode that's locked behind DLC will be decent.

My progress:

I meant officially. Don't penises have a different feel compared to a dildo?
Unsure how you'd emulate that. Hmm.

Wow. Jim Sterling was right for once. This fucking timeline is off the rails.

I'm not trying to derail the thread though. You can't even see this, so I wasn't expecting a guy like you to understand that this is still on topic.
Suck it.

Jews/10
I've already seen CEMU screenshots of the game working, but the devs are being absolute kikes about it and milking the emulator for the last drops of worth they can. Fortunately, I'm a patient man.

its what any person should of done all the switch owners got jewed that their new console shits the bed when it comes to being a zelda machine that is also probably gonna effect many of its future games as well.

what are you, a Jew?
I gave like $20 to the PPSSPP guys cause that shit runs 100x better than PCSX2.

If you're interested enough to watch hours of someone else playing it why wouldn't you just play it yourself?

It's because of the fucked perspective on most of them. I jewed it and rotated completely around on one of them and had the ball end up at the end of the maze instead of the beginning. I'll give them credit for allowing people to get creative.

…. I'm dropping my score. The more I think about it the more I dislike the game. Even Skyrim has more content and variety than BotW. About the only thing I can give it is that the combat is really good… but even then I don't think anyone really enjoys the fact your weapons break as frequently as they do and your fighting the same small pool of enemies every time with slight variation by color and weapon.

I think in a year or two this will be viewed as the worst 3d zelda, even more so than Skyward Sword.

Difference being CEMU's closed source. There's a pretty good chance CEMU's devs are using illegally-obtained documentation, if they're not letting anybody look at how it ticks. Also, they can't milk Patreonbux anywhere near as efficiently if anybody can make pull requests.

NOT a 10/10, not even the best Zelda game, but fun and a good shot-in-the-arm for the series. 10 hours or so into it.

Dislike
>One save file/profile per WiiU, FUCKED if you have roommates and one WiiU

Overall I'm enjoying myself, I missed the open world factor of earlier Zelda games. So far this is on track to be up there with LttP and Link's Awakening, but we'll see if it holds up over time. The music has been really underutilized so far in my opinion, but we'll see how it goes.

Yiff in hell, furfag.

While I disagree in that I think combat is quite fun and has a decent variety to it (although you can certainly cheese enemies easily if you know what you're doing) I do agree that fire should have had a lot more going for it and have darker nights. If anything I'd say put it a notch or two just below The initial Divine Beast on Death Mountain area before you use torches. While right now you get a feeling only a little similar say, finding a campfire with loners in STALKER, I feel it would make night combat a lot more hectic and exploration a lot more dangerous. But as another user said, it's still Zelda, it's made for casuals. So I guess I can't expect night exploration in Zelda to be deadly quite yet, maybe they'll move it a step in the right direction.

This isn't new from fanboys - remember 8.8 for TP?
Hell Uncharted 4 got an 8.8 and received similar attacks.
archive.is/GSWKy
Lesson: fanboys are shit, but you already knew that.

It's one save per account mate. All my roomates played the game on the same WiiU without a problem.

Awesome, I'm going to have to try that. Does that work with multiple local WiiU Miis, or does it require separate Nintendo eShop accounts? There are three of us on one WiiU, one shared Mii/online account, etc.

It's fun.
The world is nice to explore and has a good balance of things.
Nice variety in the shrines, and a lot of the puzzles are genuinely difficult.
Difficulty is nicely balanced once you get into it, but getting one-shotted at the start pissed me off.
Downsides: shitty textures, shitty framerates, not enough good music, voice acting is shit. I kind of wish the main dungeons were longer. Also, reminds me of MGSV but a less good version of it.

Many cute girls, would recommend.

I always thought that OOT's Link prefer, how do I say this, Softer women. Hell, I thought he would pick Malon and then was horrified when he found out that, Surprise! His kids wanted to be farmers instead of going into caves to kill monsters.

Anyway, I'm not anywhere done doing a review. I'm having fun though.

are you fucking stupid?

The only thing this fat limey fuck is resisting is unnecessary exercise.

^this nigger right here said it best, as i was playing it i wasn't blown away gameplay alone, but more the fact that it's a zelda game with the gameplay. when i took off my nostalgia goggles for a minute and looked at the game objectively, i saw that it was a good openworld game but i didn't do anything new or creative, it just blended the good parts of other openworld games together well.

I disagree, but only to the extent that almost every open-world game is obscenely lazy, whereas BotW clearly put some thought into level design even within the open world; rather than randomly generating some terrain and dropping NPCs in it like your average Bethesda game. So it's one of the handful of open-world games that I actually enjoyed. A solid 8/10.

find a short dumb ditzy blonde twink that would chase chickens around in exchange for a vintage milk bottle

boipussi/10

you just described half of the white men who live in San Fransisco

…why can't we get at least one Link who looks like a guy is physically capable of what Link is capable of? Pic related

I don't want to drop the money on the new console, I don't want the shit performance on the old one, and I like the person playing it, and I'm interested in the game. Why wouldn't I watch it?

Link would never be le ebin bodybuilder
his diet prior to BOTW nothing but milk, chu jelly and shitty soups

him being an archer, hed have a strong core and the most fucked up arthritis inducing rolled fuck huge shoulders with sever rotator cuff pain

having a bunch of muscle mass would make him only able to swing a sword twice before passing out from the pain from all the lactic acid in his body

Darksiders was pretty good

kek

Because the 80% people who play Zelda want a squishy ass little boy that they can relate to/fuck.

Not being able to register the Lord of the Mountain despite functioning exactly like a horse should be a mark against the game.

That's complete fucking bullshit against player freedom and shouldn't be tolerated by a gamer in 2017.

Your dubs are decieving. The first Darksiders is solid, especially the combat once you can cancel.

he called darksiders LoZ

0/10
The monster currency isn't called "Boko Bucks"

Played up to Hyrule Castle as of the moment, nearing endgame.

I'd say that this game has one of the strongest openings in any Zelda, and it gets better and better the more you play…until you reach the Zenith after Mipha's Divine Beast for the Zoras. Goron City and Gerudo Fortress try to keep up the quality, but the Rito section feels like they just slapped it together. Upside is, the "dungeons" are consistently good and don't drag on too long, but combat is a thing of the past that has resorted to using survival mechanics for challenge. For what it is it's great, but the game will let you mash2win if you're brute forcing it, and it never gets more complex than parrying. The game really needed more than 4 fucking runes, sequence breaking be damned, but this is what we get for 4 years of Nintendo EPD working nonstop when half of those years were figuring out the physics engine without any more forethought. It's very close to being timeless as Super Metroid, but thanks to Nintendo's stubbornness, it's going to show its age and be outdone.

Score: Buy on Wii U (cause the performance is roughly the same on Switch). CEMU's shader cache seems tedious to wrangle out the kinks, and using CFW requires a p2p network to even get Wii U games, not to mention resist updating the Wii U while you have a day's project (at best) to have it sit as you use the workarounds.

His lack of spatial awareness is what made me so mad I bought a Wii U with this game. He's okay when he's playing his meme games or playing his faves like Super Metroid, but him playing BotW like he would play alone (instead of on-stream) was spoiling any enjoyment from the game.

gb2
>>>/reddit/

/thead

Get out, reddit. At least read ED or something, sweet fuck.

0/10 for incomplete game with DLC and season pass.

I genuinely hope your chemo will go well though, OP.

Skyward Sword is better than BotW, so yes :^)

I'd feel worse if I didn't know if they were all on eachother's pay rolls. Was this before or after the manufacture outrage of link being a desert trap?

7/10

I like it, but I really disagree with the perfect scores - the abysmal framerate in places alone should knock off 1 point. On top of that, the 'dungeons' are shit with no items, I barely found myself using the runes and half the time I forget I have them. There was so much potential to create sprawling dungeons around in the overworld that you could take in any order like link between worlds, but they fucked it up

I think the biggest problem with the game is that they changed so much from the series without actually trying to break away from the formula

The biggest meme from this is everyone saying it's like Zelda 1 when that couldn't be farther from the truth

The gameplay is very rewarding. I enjoy wandering around and finding little stuff that makes me go "neat." Reminds me of STALKER in that way. Combat features dodge flips, parries, and PARRYING GUARDIAN BEAMS. The world feels great, nice atmosphere, and the little music there is is pretty good.

Remember the overwhelming majority of console games have had abysmal framerates with terrible constant framedrops for the last 3 generations, and that most "critics" have been ignoring Nintendo up to BotW, who was pretty much the only AAA console dev targeting solid 60 FPS with any regularity. This is the "new normal".

on the topic, I got a Link Between Worlds in the mail today and while I was cleaning some grime off the copper data layer I heard a slight "popping" noise, sorta like a light cracking noise… did I fug up my copy of the game? Still seems to work.

I dont know, try to see if the game works anyways. Its a nice game, have fun with it fam.

When i played the game it worked flawlessly
considering the fact that i downloaded it off of freeshop

yeah, I figured it was a game I'd want to own a legit copy of. Seems to be alright, though there's always that worry of coming to a place later in the game where it just quits working.

I was very disappointed with how they handled the Rito. The village is so small and empty, the quest line there is short as fuck, the variety of bird-inspired designs is limited as fuck and the Medoh was pretty much the easiest dungeon to get through after Vah Ruta.

Aside from that, the game was pretty good but severely underpopulated. I know there was a calamity a 100 years ago but even so there's hardly that many ruined settlements and the majority of everything is barren landscapes inhabited by angry bokoblins. I also wish they had expanded on Lizalfos a bit instead of continuing to leave them to regular enemy status. I wanted some lizard people villages… Still, pretty good game and I have more to say but I'm sure no one's interested.

Game was okay. But honestly. Holy crap. Every which way I go is idiots bitching about how offensive Link was to the tranny Gerudo wannabe. Every news article that comes up first is about this shit.

zelda.wikia.com/wiki/Talk:Vilia
zelda.gamepedia.com/Talk:Vilia

These fucks even got the damn wikis to bend over and take it up the ass.

He's a fucking dude with a beard in drags. What more evidence do you need?

They see him as such because he's in fucking drags.

I recall that wiki had some sort of xe-xi-xo-xum-I-smell-the-anal-seepage-of-tranny-scum-related spergout even last year.

Maybe the rival zelda.gamepedia.com/ is better?

In one of the korok trials, the little guy says to link "are you going to cuckoo out" if you quit. I know they're lore and all that but that had to be intentional kek

This world, I fucking swear.

That was rather kek-worthy to say the least.

I think I figured it out. It was the little plastic grooves separating when I tried to get between them with a q-tip.

Also, 20 minutes in and this game is absolutely great. It's a pretty stark contrast to BotW.

The atmosphere and slightly goofy nostalgic feel to everything is really nice.

It's a really good game, shame it was so easy though

I hated it. It was ALttP for retards.

True, challenge has never been a significant factor in Zelda games, aside from the two NES games. Recommend ALttP ROM hacks

Maybe not hard, but there is a clear difference between Link's Awakening or A Link to the Past which started the current 2D formula and A Link Between Worlds.

If you had mentioned any other 2D Zelda, it would've passed under my eyes without issue. But LA, seriously? LA is cute, but it's the simplest Zelda game, bar none, it was designed for 5-year-olds to play for minutes at a time.

A single dungeon in Link's Awakening is more complicated than the whole of A Link Between Worlds.

No they don't. 80% of the posts there are format wars and off topic. The only games that can get some good discussion there are obscure non-mainstream titles.

I love me some good Vin streams but dear god I can hardly watch him for more than a few minutes while he's playing BotW. Vinny playing BotW on stream has a formula…

Also watching him stumble through puzzles is frustrating as hell. He did the Lost Woods tonight and completely missed the obvious tells for the puzzle and just wandered until he walked into where the Master Sword was. Once he got there he goes, "Oh I need 13 hearts. I could get that tonight…BUT LET ME SPEND ALL MY SPIRIT ORBS ON NEEDLESS STAMINA UPGRADES FIRST."

You know it really says something when even my friend who loves Skyrim can't play through BOTW because content is so sparse between areas

shocking

It's not so much bad as it is him just aimlessly wandering around. He's got the combat and all the mechanics down, he's got a good set of gear. I mean shit his second stream he spent nearly 2 hours IN Hyrule Castle just because a sidequest took him there and he has the Hylian Shield.

He's not BAD at the game, he just blows so much time doing dumb shit that it makes the game look worse than it is…and that's saying something, not because it's an amazing game. It's a fairly average truth be told, but once you see the world is big, open, and empty with no real loot, the main quests, memory collecting, and such all become the payoff instead and Vinny basically refuses to do those parts.

It's not really an arguable point. Compared to other Zelda games, the mechanics are simpler, the maps smaller, the puzzles are trivial, there's less text, the game as a whole is shorter, and the overall difficulty is balanced lower.

BOTW is just Dark Souls for Nintendo kiddies.

A Link to the Past is good. This new shit is casual babby shit.

That looks like a "modern art" statue.

Isn't that exactly what people have been asking for since SS?

Gerudo are huge.
But god damn that waist to hip ratio.

On another note, BoTW is a Zelda game that is mixing modern stuff with the most classic of Zeldas.
We are now finally getting back to being able to explore, at will, the world around you. And once more, it is carefully balanced between skill and progression.
You COULD make a run straight for Hyrule castle right out of the gate. You would be horribly ill equipped but you COULD do it.
The de-emphasis on special items and giving you just s small toolset to deal with many different problems has helped push the exploration aspect.
This is THE exploration model that all future zelda games should follow.
Money actually fucking matters and is rare.
You actually need to buy some shit rather than just find it in the wild.
Also, advancing the story/plot almost seems like a consequence of exploration rather than some dedicated pipeline I have to follow.

personally, this is going up there with my favorites. The only big black-mark I have against this is the cooking system. I would have much more rather been able to just cook, in bulk, the same sort of recipe rather than have to do each cooking item one at at time.
Also the inability to repair items is a bit of a miss. But since you are very rarely left in a situation with no weapons, this isn't really a problem.

Ideas for future games to enhance this model.
Much like Zelda and Zelda 2, give us this exploration but let us enhance Link himself as well, beyond Stamina and Health but also Strength and Magic ability too.
A few more dedicated dungeons. This can be used to recover some items (magic hammer, magic boomerang) that were staples of the franchise. Optional but powerful weapons.

Finally finished downloading this shit
I sledded naked into a wall and died.
10/10

All i want is more enemy variety, ways to repair weapons and ACTUAL fucking dungeons, like what an actual LoZ game has. Calamity Ganon pissed me off, i am positive that he could have also have been done better.

It just feels like Aonuma just took a bit of stuff from zelda with a checkbook and made his own thing based off of it, not a zelda game. If he actually did make the game alot more like the first one it would have way more enemies he could have made a bunch of monsters and baddies at night and have the day time be full of more nature and deers and shit and a lot more engaging and challenging dungeons, unlike a few shrines glued to each oher in the same theme for each mechanical beast in the game. The fact that you can manipulate the dungeons is neat but it still doesnt do the dungeons justice.

The fight with calamity ganon was fucking whack, it should have taken a player with a fuckton of skill, perserverance, and tools to do, you can easily cheese the guy with bomb arrows. Unlike other zelda games there is no magic ball tennis, just parrying those stupid fucking lazers. Pig ganon was dogshit, TP did it way better.

ALSO JESUS CHRIST IT NEEDS TO STOP RAINING I CAN'T CLIMB ANYTHING

Have you seen the "making of" videos though?
I seriously think you should check them out if you haven't. It seems like "break the conventions" was a mandate and they all followed it.
Once more, you get an interesting insight into what happened and why this game became what it did.
Did you know they started with a 2D prototype?
That they took a week or so to playtest among themselves every time they hit a milestone?

Through it all, while your complaints are valid (I haven't engaged much in the storyline so much as just explored) it seems like the biggest focus was on the world. Getting the big open world to work in a seamless way. Making a game about exploration more than anything else.

>>>/reddit/

dubs

I actually like that the cooking system doesn't allow you to mass produce, the ability to churn out 200 Daggers/minute in Skyrim helps make the crafting system feel just that much more cheap, I've always wanted something at least a little more involved, I would have rather the game force you to refine some ingredients beforehand and for the cooking cutscene be unskippable and the game give you a cooking page in your diary, or maybe be able to add recipes to your compendium. I'd also like the ability to change your gear while in combat or performing other actions be disabled, the game should make preparing for situations a little more involved, a good example would be swimming across water to a cliff that you have to climb on the other side, the player should have to spend a few seconds determining whether the zora gear or the climbing gear would be more valuable to wear for the situation or maybe a combination of the two.

IT would be nice to see that 2d prototype get a release, it looked good, something charming about the visuals.

Emulate/10 if you're so desperate to support Nintendo's bullshit.

you seem upset.

I havent seen the videos nor know about the 2d prototype, it sounds juicy as fuck though. They did break conventions and it did infact felt refreshing, especially from all of the other open world games out there. I just felt that there could have been more and they had so much history and material to go through to make it so.

If their biggest focus was the open world, the they hit the mark on that. The open world was perfect in my opinion, not too stupidly big and not too small. Incredibly varying and unique areas that you can find in a 3-5 minute horse ride. The most comfy motherfucking towns ive visited in a game since ever. There was quite a bit of elevation and nature, it actually felt quite wild. All of those factors made exploring Hyrule and discovering new things the favorite part of the game for me and probably for everyone else too. Going into the great unknown and conquering it head on actually felt like an adventure and i fucking loved it. When it comes to atmosphere and the experiences i had the Akkala and Faron regions were my favorite by far.

Im gonna go check out that 2d prototype now, they might as well make it and make it rain on themselves even more.

I just wanted to add that I like how each town and each people have a very distinct feel and aesthetic to them.
And although Hylians aren't exactly pushed out…they do have a sort of nomadic trait. No real town/village since the kingdom was destroyed but they're everywhere.

Holy shit the 2d prototype is pretty cool. Its like botw for ds. I already want to pirate a copy for myself.

I bet if they actually made that game a long time ago, everybody would hate it, Holla Forums especially.

Fucking this. The enemy variety is also what really rustled my nigger bockers.

I arrive in Zora's domain and I get spat at by blue creatures in the water who can shoot water balls. I instantly assume they're classic River Zoras, but no. They're just fucking Lizalfos and these freaking reptiles even live in the cold. And they're portrayed as being essentially the same as Bokoblins/Moblins, living amongst them and being spawned from Malice instead of being their own unique primitive race that live in their own unique camps and douchebag villages. Even the Bokoblin camps in this game are surprisingly underwhelming compared to the ones in Skyward Sword, which had huts and even furniture and bedding for the Bokoblins. Also, I was expecting at least one Skull Kid trader in the lost forest or some special NPCs in the Kokiri-named lakes instead of just regular lakes that offer nothing after the shrine shit is completed.

BOTW is great but it really does feel like a "first step". It's lacking in variety and some extra features that seem stupid to have overlooked (can't repair weapons, no magic arrows in case you run out, etc).
Here's hoping Nintendo takes BOTW as a launchpad and throws a metric fuckton of everything in to a sequel, and gives us a delicious 2D version as well in some kind of "Zelda Maker" that they hinted at a while back.

Also content between areas is too sparse and everything's so horribly underpopulated. Even Zora's domain which looks like a huge bustling city from afar is actually just a bunch of towers that rise from the sea and serve no real purpose and the overall population is pathetically low. I was at least expecting some kind of underwater traffic or that the insides of the towers are just filled with water, but they really serve no real practical purpose other than looking fancy. And Goron "City" is probably one of the smallest villages in the game. I was expecting some bigass metropolis of holes in the mountain sides at least with Gorons rolling from one side to the other via bridges or something. Even the hotsprings are unattended.

And then there's no option to disguise as a Yiga ninja and browse their little hobble in peace. I can understand that much of Hyrule was destroyed but it seems the destruction was solely concentrated on Central Hyrule while the rest remains untouched, so you'd expect most of the settlements on the borders of the map to be bigger or for there to be more of them. And with all the Wind Waker/Spirit Tracks/Twilight Princess races running around, you'd figure an Anouki or Yeti village would be somewhere in the barren Hebra mountains, which is itself pretty damn empty.

And the Rito Village was by far the most disappointing. I was expecting some high rising tower filled with huts, but instead the huts barely go above three floors and their "homes" are barely the size of a single room, its basically a hippie commune. And the other problem is that the Medoh quest is horribly short and possibly the easiest in the game. The Rito felt so under developed…

Also, ffs I was at least hoping for a Lynel bandit camp/village considering that their compendium entry mentions that they make their own weapons and such, so they'd have to have access to a large force and education somewhere to be able to craft such fine weaponry and accessories. Going into a Lynel village while wearing the Lynel mask and buying their goods or just slaughtering their women and children from the inside would be quite the bomb. And the village could be inhabited by Lynels with low HP and cheap weapons so as not to create too much of a challenge and the stronger ones outside could've been explained off as being stronger due to their nomadic isolation as a test of manhood. But now I may be pushing it with the Lynel thing… Anyway, with that I'm done and I meant every word of it.

One can only hope, but Nintendo just keeps breaking my heart. BotW seemed like a lucky break, but to be able to improve upon it without horribly fucking it up in one way or another next time? I've grown to expect modern Nintendo fucking up in something in a way that at first you can seemingly enjoy it but once you go back to it, you can no longer ignore all the bloody flaws.

And by force I meant furnace. Fuck. And by sea I meant lake. Fuck some more.

I really like the cooking system. I have no interest in looking up recipes, and I think that is a good thing. I can throw shit in the pot and get something useful. I really hate systems where combining materials ends up with nothing. It doesn't even make sense.

Agreed, but I wish cooking meaty monster parts like Octorok tentacles or Bokoblin guts resulted in actual food too.

I'm disappointed.

>Music is absent most of the game, when it's present, it's worse than the other Zelda's. Listen to youtube.com/watch?v=J_TzYGd9pjk.

It's a 6/10 for me.

Dungeons and Shrines:

There are only four dungeons, each can be completed in 20 minutes, but it will probably take a bit longer while you try to figure things out. For me, they took me 35 minutes each. Compare to past Zelda games, where the Great Deku Tree, a tutorial dungeon, is the same length. The Dungeons have no unique design, they all use the same textures, much like the Shrines do. Nor do the Dungeons have unique enemies, they only contain three enemy types: Mini guardians, infinitely spawning Bubbles (floating skulls), and an immobile dark eye that you need to find and destroy to stop the bubbles. There are no mini bosses like in past Zelda games, and all of the dungeon bosses have a similar design. As for the dungeons themselves, they consist of a few rooms haphazardly stuck together, and dont at all feel like a dungeon in the traditional Zelda sense. All dungeons have the same gimmick, movement of the dungeon to activate five nodes to unlock the boss. Three out of four dungeons focus on rotating the dungeon to access these nodes, a fourth is less complex and focuses on moving one part of the dungeon. At the start of the game you receive four tools that you will be using to solve the various Shrine puzzles. Having only four ways to solve puzzles, you come to understand how to solve most shrines after doing a few, most use very similar puzzles. There are a few exceptions to this, but they are an exception not the norm.

Enemies:
There are only 15 enemy types, this includes mini-bosses on the overworld, all others are recolors with more health. In terms of the AI, there is not much difference between the recolored enemies, they feature maybe, in some cases one extra move. Of those fifteen, 80% of the enemies you are going to be fighting are Bokoblins, Lizalfos, and Moblins. Another 10 percent are Keese and Chu Chu that die in one hit and the occasional Wizrobe. The other 10 percent are the other enemy types. Some of the enemies are damage sponges, particularly the highest tier recolors and Lynels, which have more HP than Guardians. It is very disappointing climbing to the peak of an incredibly tall snowy mountain, only to find nothing but a few Lizalfos again. Poor enemy variety discourages exploration and makes combat get old, fast.

Combat:

Unlike in other Zelda games, there are no directional input attacks, just one standard combo for each weapon type. There are about five or six weapon types: sword, spear, axe, two handed sword, boomerang, maybe one or two more I'm forgetting. There are no unique weapon movesets, weapons of each type are just reskins of one another. There's no incentive to fight enemies after you have decent or good weapons, you break your weapons for worse weapons. Because it is so easy to avoid or run away from enemies, and because the poor enemy variety means fighting enemies isn't that fun after a while, this becomes a problem quickly. A lot of the content of the game was supposed to be finding and fighting enemies, without them the world becomes more barren. Any difficulty the game could have had is removed by a heal system that can instantly heal all of your HP from the pause menu. You find a fairy fountain early on in the game, and one area south of the starting area is full of items that when cooked, restore all of your HP + give extra hearts.

Quests, Story, Music:

Half of the side quests in the game are fetch quests. One in particular asks you for a total of 100 pieces of wood. This requires you to use 200 bombs, one to knock the tree down, the other to turn it into wood, or the decimation of all your weapons. The story is told through optional flashbacks, there is very little going on plotwise in the world you are in. Because of the lack of a sense of plot progression, there is very little incentive narrative wise to keep you playing. In my opinion the ending was lackluster, especially compared to past Zeldas, The cutscenes feature not so great English voices (particularly the females), with no option to change voice language and keep English text, or to disable voices entirely. The voices in my opinion, remove almost all emotional impact in most scenes. The music is almost entirely absent most of the game, showing up only in towns, during certain cutscenes, or as fleeting ambient background noise. When it is present, in my opinion it's worse than the other Zelda's. Listen to youtube.com/watch?v=J_TzYGd9pjk for an example.

Main Criticism:

There is nothing in the world but Shrines, enemy camps, small towns, and Korok seeds to pointlessly expand your inventory. There is a lot of empty space and "dead air" with nothing present or happening. After you have played the game a while, like most open world games, it gets boring, you will quit unsatisfied. This is opposed to finishing the game with a strong and satisfying final boss and ending, like Wind Waker.

It's a 6/10 for me.

A bit offtopic but which version of Wind Waker would be the best for emulation?

Dolphin.

according to the guredo women, they're barely just 8 feet tall, link is a fucking manlet.

He really is. He doesn't even reach half the height of the other males in the game. Even the smallest woman is taller than him. Even a guy who outright says he's a teenager is taller than Link.

10/10 review m8.

Right, I'll agree with everything else but this.

Weapons have a charge attack besides their standard attack with 2 levels of charge. They also have a jump attack you can use and also a running attack.

Weapons also differ in what they can do quite a lot.
Swords attack in a wide but short arc while Spears attack in a small but long cone. Their charge attack further magnifies this as Swords attack in a full spin while Spears do quick stabs.
Axes are mostly the same as Great Swords but they do make for nice "crate breakers" since they have a lot of durability. Also making wood.
Great Swords and Axes are also capable of removing Shields from your oponent, something unique to them. Their arc and spin is bigger than Swords, they cause more damage and their Jump Attack has a larger AoE as well, while they remove the ability to use a Shield.
Boomerangs are infinite projectiles as long as you can catch them afterwards (and it's neat that it takes some timing and environment to do so)

You also forgot the Korok Leaf that has very niche uses and the Hammers but those are basically Axes, albeit better for mining.

Wrong on both accounts.
You require monster parts for several things, from crafting and armor to sell them to a special merchant. It's always usefull to kill monsters and store their parts.
You will break your weapons indeed, which is why you have more than 1 slot for them. With 8 slots, you can easily carry 4 amazing weapons and 4 shitty ones that keep rotating whenever they are spent with what is dropped. Enemies that drop shit weapons can be easily defeated with shit weapons after all. And if your inventory is too full with amazing weapons, you can frivously spend 1 or 2 on weak enemies without really hampering yourself that much.

The durability system is done in a way that triggers hoarders a lot (I'd know since I'm one) but as soon as you drop that mentality and you start using everything you've got without caring so much for conservation, you'll notice that you'll always have decent stuff and that you can easily get the good stuff back if you need it.
So this is entirely on you refusing to use the cool tools you have to "save them for an important battle" and then having a boring gameplay because you limited yourself when there wasn't any need for that.