Reminisce of early TF2

I remember when this game first came out and I got to play it with Holla Forums, back in the early days. God, I loved it, I loved every minute of it.
Spending well over 2k hours just getting good, those first few years before F2P kicked in. I played the ever living shit out of it prior to it's downfall - but those early years were something special.
I could stay up late at night playing with the guys I graduated with, switching servers to our Holla Forums hangout and fucking off with all of you faggots until the wee hours of the morning. God, I miss that shit. God, what I'd do to have those fucking days back before 4chan shit the bed with horsefuckers and sjw cunts. I miss being angry all the time and laughing at stupid fucking attention whores when they'd join our game until they left after throwing a tantrum.
God, I miss being an immature fuck. I miss trashing other servers and causing hypersensitive faggots to ragequit. Now, you can get banned for hurting somone else's fee-fees and it's fucking trash.

I guess it's just that so many of us have grown up and couldn't really "tend" to the game and the server eventually died from inactivity.

should I reinstall? Should I give it another shot?

Was fun. Haven't played for 5 years, absolutely no interest because it shit the bed with cancerous jewish practices and it's definitely much worse by now. The original playerbase is completely gone, all that's left is desperate traderfags still clinging to the dying game and clueless f2p children and third-worlders.

I forgot about the hats and trading. Goddammit, I'm on the verge of crying.

Guess it's time to milk Rainbow six until it goes to shit.

You autists know you can play on no hat servers, yeah? There are even servers which remove modern balance changes and non-stock items.

rip fa
rip tw

Kept going 22-0 with sniper, got bored of the game before it was out of beta. Never played it again.

How will they fix pyro?

So what you're saying is that you have a 10 inch penis and play by your own rules?

I liked that game. Played until a year or two after F2P. It was very aesthetically pleasing.

You guys are a bunch of aspies, never spent a dime at that fucking game and there`s nothing stopping me to join a server, kill randoms for half an hour and then fuck off.

You faggots complain about muh hats and muh conga lines who da fuck cares, I can still fuck around with a spy against 12 year olds that don`t know how to defend against trick stabs and there`s nothing anyone can do to stop that so fuck you

You won't get the same experience as the old days. I still play it occasionally because I can find decent community servers. There's a new matchmaking service like CS:GO, which most people dislike.
I find that maybe 3/10 servers I join using the matchmaker are fine. A handful of good players, and a few that I encounter across multiple games, are enough to make most games fun. That's just Sydney servers though, and there's still a decent playerbase here. I don't know what they're like in North America or wherever you live, but I imagine the more people there are the more cancer comes with it.
You could try a community server, there's probably some that force stock loadouts or old balances if you want that, but I doubt you'll be able to get the old experience back.
I miss it too.

They won't. They will fuck it up even more, just like they have for the last couple of years.
Seriously, fuck Valve

How old are you?

I genuinely thought that more unlocks within reason would not fuck up the game's balance too much since Valve seemed to be competent at the time. I had hope for the future back when there was no trading - we could have had more gimmicky stuff like Sandman, Jarate or maybe even YER. Now there's just reskins with different stats, often enough on the Ubersaw level of balanced.

Fuck Valve.

Seems like you don't really miss tf2 just being an asshole which you can still do if you want, don't even need tf2 to do that

You've been browsing imageboards for 10 years now?

The Medic unlocks were fairly balanced and made sense as alternative loadouts and not better loadouts. It went downhill from there.

early tf2 was a step backwards from tfc but it came in to its own after some updates.
the only thing i miss from those early early tf2 days are some maps that were never updated and disappeared.

There are TWO! (2!) Team Fortress 2 threads right now.

There's already a TF2 thread up.

Post-2011 need to be gassed.

It's fucking dead, stop making threads about it

doesn't look dead to me
But the core game is dead if that what you meant

How many of those are Chinese hat farmers?

Fuck if i know, SEA has more consistently more players than the East Asia region
also

I remember a couple years ago there used to be a stock-only, no hats TF2 server. There was micspam and everything. Shit was a blast.

I knew some of you fags still hang around. I do miss it despite all the drama.

I got gold in comp then uninstalled.
seemed like a fitting way to say good bye.

You're the cancer that killed the game

of course we're still around.

Small world, I guess.

yea and how many people are on these servers at any given time? 0x0

I have 10k hours of tf2.
Early tf2 was shit after a few weeks, thank fuck for the heavy update.
GIVING ALL PYRO FIRES THE ABILITY TO NULLIFY DAMAGE RESISTANCE IS RETARDED
FISTS OF STEEL BASICALLY DO NOTHING IF YOU GET LIGHTLY TOUCHED BY FLAMETHROWER SPRAY

don't worry buddy, we may be scattered to the winds but we're out there and lurking :)

You salty niggers I bet I have a better soldier than you p2p fucks

As I said before, they should just stop fucking with the damage and effects of direct damage and have afterburn dealt in stacks, with more stacks doing more afterburn. Hell you could even remove direct damage entirely to nerf W+M1 and have the flamethrower and co do entirely afterburn damage

After that its just a matter of fine tuning and you've completely fixed pyro Provided you FIX THE FUCKING NETCODE

I'd be down to host a Holla Forumsanilla server if there's enough interest.

I remember when MvM came out, 2nd tour I got an Australium Minigun. Good times, I miss TF2. But, you really can't blame the developers. I mean, there's only 5 people working on the fucking game.

How about, fuck off.

Does anyone remember this one TF2 level from 2007 or so that was in a rectangular shaped area with a massive building in the center where two teams fought in the center? There was a bunch of /a/ and Holla Forums memes spread around like the catbus from my neighbor totoro, pedo bear, etc. I remember the overall color scheme being really bright and obnoxious, lots of green everywhere.

Being this salty, after 6 years.

dm_mariokart2

or it was dm_harblhotel

definitely harbl hotel, created by xenon before he became a tumblr sellout

Oh man, that's it!

I remember playing hablr hotel as well. Man, seeing some of the image macros and stuff in that map are bringing back memories. Thanks for helping an oldfag reminiscence.

I miss when TF2 was alive and we would have 16 v 16 cp_mariokart

What a blast
There will never be anything like 2007-9 TF2 again.

Well, someone could host a mariokart server. Just saying.

I wish someone from Holla Forums would just host a fucking vanilla TF2 server with no rules except "Don't be an obvious faggot" I just want a laidback place I can shoot the mans without huge attention whoring faggots and 12 years olds. I wouldn't mind a keep loudouts not fucking garrish (No lime green, pink or aussie weapons) and stupid looking rule but thats probably asking too much

ew faggot

I'll get a server going in the next couple days.

When I say "Vanilla TF2" I mean "Without a bunch of shitty plugins and meme maps" not "only stock weapons"

you're no fun

Bring dm_mariokart2

Tell us more, and where did you get that picture?

They're adding MarioKart maps into gmod and sfm, if that works to you.

lolcano is not a meme map
nor is cashworks

oh btw I play that from time to time. Randomizer mario kart. It mostly sucks because no one plays.

I also saged because I double posted.
NOW I TRIPLE POSTED

I miss 2007 too, OP.

You're full of shit, most of the weapons released after Uber update is mostly gimmicky shit
and that's on top of my head, but TF2 only get new weapons annualy or so, even last year there were no new weapons at all, but the balance itself is fucked so whatever

Fuck Valve too

God, you are just like, God, an like, God, fucking attention whore

Who lafin now?

That's fine. Honestly, I'm too lazy to install the necessary plugins anyway. Getting everything set up, it should be ready in about an hour.

Nice.

noice

I wonder how cancerous this may or may not be.

Very.

Alright, the server's up. No plugins for now, but I'll get to work on that sometime soon.

JOIN UP FAGGOTS

I used to admin a popular TF2 server. Deleted the configs but let's see what I can remember.
A base sourcemod install is pretty much mandatory imo for map voting, votekick/ban/mute, and easy in-game moderation. Especially if you want multiple admins to lessen the administrative load without having to give everyone rcon access.
Random crits, random damage spread, and random pellet spread are all gay and should be disabled.
tf_weapon_criticals 0tf_damage_disablespread 1tf_use_fixed_weaponspreads 1
I don't remember if you have to do anything special to allow HLDJ for micspam. Virtual audio device solutions work fine no matter how the server is setup. Obviously you need to turn on sv_alltalk so everyone can hear the music/spam.
Either way, you should decide up front whether you want it to be a micspam server or not. I love micspam but it's not everyone's cup of tea, and semi-seriously strategizing over the mic is probably more in line with the idea of classic TF2. Then again Holla Forums tends to shun voice chat.

artist is nababa
I didn't keep up with Xenon, but IIRC he, like many other /agdg/ guys, made a tumblr to host his amateur games, and let himself get influenced by tumblr dicksuckers. Someone told me there's tumblr shit in the new version of cyberpunk, I never bothered to verify that.

By shitty plugins I mean plugins that are shitty not ALL plugins are shit

GET IN HERE

By Holla Forums game server standards, thats iron man numbers