Legend of Zelda

The Legend of Zelda series of games is mediocre at best when you consider what it truly is.

The entire series is just desperately trying to copy other, better games. The only reason to like any LoZ game over the superior games they are trying to copy is because you never actually played the games they're based on.

There are plenty of other examples but you've got enough to argue about with just these, so have at it.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/87IbuTN4AL4?t=10476
twitter.com/AnonBabble

wow rly makes u think

And the ones that did it right in the series are still better than most games out today so I don't see the point you're trying to make.
I know it's cool to hate on Nintendo now but this retroactive bullshit needs to stop.

Zelda 1 was based off of Tower of Druaga, not Ultima, in fact several Nintendo games were based off of Namco ones

My argument here is that there are better games than the Zelda entries, not just more original games.

Most people with taste will tell you that Gurumin and Okami are better in just about every way than Ocarina of Time and that OoT was an unremarkable entry in an unremarkable series and the only people that genuinely think it was a "masterpiece" are people that were the perfect age to enjoy it as a child with no taste.

I, personally, am probably not the best person to argue this because OoT and games like it don't really entertain me, but I would like to see it dethroned as "BEST GAYM EVARRRRR" in my lifetime.

What a fucking surprise. Were you hoping someone would leap to the defense of Nintendo so you could cry drone, or were you just stating the obvious to be annoying?

I ain't taking this bait, but I will post boipussi.

They really have ruined Link's design haven't they

not even the best boipucci, desu

Haven't most Zelda games been open world? This is "Fallout 4 finally lets you play as a woman!" tier

Not really, no. His Gerudo outfit is fetish fuel but it's not his general design. His blue defaults are much better than most of his old green tunics, with exception to Twilight Princess's version.

If you're going to complain about quality of boipussi, then don't post worst examples.

BotW is pretty unironically open world in a way that no zeldo game before it is, since there are no arbitrary obstacles that require a specific item you get from a specific dungeon or by beating a specific boss in a specific way.

Though in my opinion that makes the game much worse off, since interesting and "exciting" boss battles were a hallmark for the series and they've been all but removed.

No taste. No taste whatsoever. You are a fair-weather-fapper.

The white bodytights ruin it for me.

Oh no, the man with no taste in boipussi said I had no taste. How ever will I live with myself?

Yeah, that's about what I expected.

I can understand that, but for a second I thought you were one of those people that insist all tunic designs need chainmail after TP and SS had it

I want a masculine link

Out of all the games you mention, I've only played Ultima and Secret of Mana. Ultima is an RPG and Zelda isn't, so I don't understand the comparison. Ultima is closer to Dragon Quest/Final Fantasy than it is to Zelda. Secret of Mana is a good game, but that's just, like, your opinion, man. Everything is a rip off of other things that already exist; more news at 11.

What exactly is the point you're trying to make?

i want to violently get cummed inside by Kass while he plays me his favorite accordion song

jesus fuck nintendo you made one hot fucking bird…

Same, or a return to the dopey-looking appearance he had during the NES and SNES eras. I'm getting really sick of the modern designs being either Toon or similar-ish Adult designs. Just seeing BOTW Link in the OoT amiibo set shows how far the series has changed/fallen from grace

ALBW's design doesn't count, it looks atrocious and I prefer to not acknowledge that game happened

It would be nice if they incorporated armour into his designs even if it just appears as a chainmail trim, but nah I don't expect it or demand it.

Something like one of these perhaps?

normally i'd agree with you but my dick's calling the shots now.

The Super Mario series of games is mediocre at best when you consider what it truly is.

The entire series is just desperately trying to copy other, better games. The only reason to like any Mario game over the superior games they are trying to copy is because you never actually played the games they're based on.

There are plenty of other examples but you've got enough to argue about with just these, so have at it.

super mario is open world
zelda is open world
metal gear is open world
I AM OPEN WORLD

are there any other open worlds i should know about?!

Masculine sub link would be even hotter, you fucking closet faggot.

YES!!!
I wouldn't mind a younger 20-something year old link with a beard either, no, not a nu-male, but a man in his prime.

ALBW came close, so close, yet so far.

meow

fuck's sake, and here I thought it was just someone else who wanted a return to the older formula

im done with videogames

Are you going to commit suicide via infecting yourself with HIV? Can I convince you to do so?

Maybe

You

Should

Stop

Typing

This

Faggot.

I do! I see modern link as nothing but faggot pandering. I'm okay with a strong masculine link as the permanent design of the future.

not a poz pig

Those spaces appeared when I copy-pasted it, you fucking homo. Are you that easily triggered?

Janeway was the best captain

Even when copypasting, check before you post.

None of those games are anything like Zelda games. Neither are Okami, Beyond Good and Evil, Dark Souls, Gothic, Shadow of the Colossus, Elder Scrolls or any of the other games people mention whenever the "Zelda is a ripoff and/or inferior version of X" meme comes up. In fact, no RPG ever made is like Zelda because Zelda games aren't RPGs. And everything else you mentioned is really reaching.
You see how ridiculous that sounds?

That hasn't been a thing in like a decade. The hip opinion to have since around 2009 or so is that it's overrated, just like with Final Fantasy 7. Where have you been?

OP is a inbred nigger. Don't bother.

Go back.

Fucking hell, this makes me happy as shit.

if i'm a closet faggot than how do i still get off to ara alongside traps?
did you even think about that, nigger?

Which games are the most like Adventure of Link? Other than Battle for Olympus.

Nes only or?

Looks like the answer is

yes

Faxanadu's pretty similar.

Oh, and the NES version of Rygar.

The only good Zelda games were a Link to The Past and Majoras Mask

It really isn't, this is just contrarian revisionism to try and have a cool unique opinion (which isn't unique because everybody is now saying this shit). And it plays nothing like Ultima. Praise for Zelda isn't something that just some guy decided on one day in a youtube video, it happened because everybody in every school yard was talking endlessly about Zelda in the 80's and 90's because we couldn't stop playing it when we were home.

Hello Retard.

Hi nigger :^)

Don't take the bait, mate.

(Checked) ok

Is it just me, or is the mention of Ultima mean retarded shitposting is not far behind? I don't know what it is, but I swear when someone compares an Ultima game (often making huge stretches) to another that it bodes ill for the quality of the post. It's like that shitposter who would call various games "dungeon crawlers" and then recommend Blade of Darkness.

I'm more confused why people think Zelda games are RPGs. The closest thing to anything like an RPG was in 2 where you leveled up and got to pick if you got attack, heath, or magic. To a lesser extent I think BotW has similar mechanics with health/stamina and picking up weapons and armor, but it's still a massive stretch. And yet when people say Smash Bros. is a fighting game people get really upset. I don't get video games sometimes.

Any system.

I thought that's FF.

He said open world.

actually it's DQ that's a shameless clone of Ultima
FF is a shameless clone of DQ

P sure DQ is a shameless clone of Wizardry and FF of Ultima.
Gooks can't even make their own genres.

Fuckin faggot nerds

Never have never will and look at the pathetic fan base they generate too.

friendly reminder Lord British is a hack who sold out to EA games and a proto-SJW

Space radiation melted his brain, he was cool before that.

Have you actually played any of the two games you retard?

You sure about that? Or is he always been a attention whore like he Is now?

If you can be an attention whore by working in your garage then sure.

Ultima was never good, fuck you Spoony cock sucking faggots. PC had way better Rpgs then that bullshit through out the ages.

Dragon Quest is an Ultima clone. Ultima Underworld is a good game, and arguably important as it influenced many games after. Richard Garriot is that huge faggot DM who inserts himself into his campaign setting to stroke his ego and somehow made himself a lifetime career doing so.

1v1 me

I think Super Metroid is a better game than Super Mario Bros. sure they are very similar games that involve platforming and powerups and are part of the same Super series of games but I just felt Super Metroid did the Super gameplay better, so why is Super Mario Bros. so fucking overrated, is it because it was the first in the Super series of games? the game is just so short in comparison to Super Metroid.

He's a fucking faggot, I'd be quick to put him up there as one of the more significant game developers but holy shit his ego and his new game, it's all fucking hype and he's taking his time to push out a turd..

MatthewMatosis explains the main appeal of the Zelda series pretty well. youtu.be/87IbuTN4AL4?t=10476

I thought Dragon Quest an Final Fantasy were clones of Hydlide?

YO
YO
YO
I HATE ZELDA AND FALLOUT
fuck TODD Yo Niggas whaz up!

Spotted the niglet

NO MANS SKY IS SHET AM'RITE

please let me be cool now

This thread is full of concentrated homosexual autism. The fact no one posted this only proves this.

No, this is stupid. Link is typically young and it's most fitting for him to be that way. He should look courageous and determined (triforce of courage, for fuck's sake), but he doesn't need to look extremely masculine or powerful. Playing as a courageous youth emphasizes the idea of a long journey full of exploration and exotic places.

Okami and Beyond Good and Evil are very similar, the others definitely aren't.

Okami, Ico and Shadow of the Colossus are a lot like Zelda. Dunno about any of the others because I haven't played them

What meme is this?

The Legend of Zelda isn't an RPG though.

Yes

The very first Zelda game did that.

So? Are you telling me that settling for videogames over real life achievements, isn't mediocre as well? We take what we can, pard. And before you know it, you will be an old man longing for nostalgic days.