Vita Thread

"Bloody Mary" Edition

WHATCHA:

And still importantly, are you having fun?

Upcoming games: iplaypsvita.com/upcoming-ps-vita-games-2017/

Gitgud Group: gitgud.io/groups/InfinityVita

Previous Threads: pastebin.com/6eVxEzpu

First-Time Buyer's FAQ: pastebin.com/fb6MSKwx

Vita Wallpapers:ultraimg.com/album/2ch

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/lvuMfa
nichegamer.com/2017/03/09/psychological-music-thriller-caligula-effect-heads-west-ps-vita-may-2/
archive.is/ifHiq
aquaplus
geo-online.co.jp/
yodobashi.com/
twitter.com/IdeaFactoryWeb/status/841146016623607813
archive.is/UwUYX
personalshopperj.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=uW1mfr7Y_mc
twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/status/841332683179491329
twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/status/841422186955046912
amazon.co.jp/gp/product/B00H6CAPPK/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
ideafintl
twitter.com/CensoredGaming_/status/839675169497038848
store.playstation.com/#!/en-pl/save-up-to-60-on-ps3-ps-vita-games/cid=STORE-MSF75508-SUTPS3VITA|platform~vita|
gematsu.com/2017/03/romance-three-kingdoms-xiii-power-kit-announced-ps-vita
twitter.com/XSEEDGames/status/842470480212774912
twitter
imgur
hackinformer.com/PlayStationGuide/PSV/olderfirmwareguide.html
archive.fo/td4Lc
store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/only-on-playstation-sale/cid=STORE-MSF77008-FRANCHSALEGAMEG|platform~vita|
store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/themes/touhou-genso-wanderer-playstationvita-theme/cid=UP1063-PCSE00990_00-ETH0000000001004
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Previous bread for archiving user

archive.is/lvuMfa

The honeymoon period of the Switch is starting to wear off. Once I'm done with Zelda and Blaster Master Zero I think I'm gonna juggle some of my Vita backlog (Dungeon Travelers 2, maybe?) along with Monster Hunter Double Cross when that hits.

How're you fags doing?

CALIGULA WHEN

Gonna reboost my question I asked last thread: Aside of AmiAmi and play-asia, do ANY of the other JPN online stores ship internationally? Asking because of the bonuses that come with specific stores and me being a weak bastard to chuunis and THICC plump idols.

Any stories to share? Advice?

Shoppan, for the first time in months. DT2-2 is due April 20th and I wants my copy.

Neps. Specifically Re;birth 3 because Pururut is sex.

Pictured and
But can't decide where to spend hard-earned shekels

Mary Skelter with my next bit of free money. IFI looks like they seriously pulled through this time around.

Super Robot Wars V. On the last two stages, then it'll be time for a New Game+

Gundam Breaker 3, keeping an eye on it to see when it'll get down to the 4000 region. Been considering Dungeon Travelers 2 since it's supposed to be good and the sequel comes out soon, but it's pretty consistently at around 6000.

Right now nothing, V's already out and likely to keep my Vita occupied for months.

Absolutely. V has been amazingly good, a huge treat from beginning to end.

I need to fix my 3DS, I don't know what I did but it won't boot up anymore, and Double Cross is next week.

That came out a year ago. Did you not notice because of Refrain coming out at the same time?

any actual english release though? all I get is 2016 articles saying spring 2017

I still need to pick up Refrain, especially since it's pretty obvious at this point it's not getting translated. I might pick up SRWV too, though I really want to get G Generation Genesis before that becomes impossible to find too.

Wouldn't know, I don't keep up with censored releases that break your hardware.

Refrain's pretty fucking good. I haven't finished it yet due to getting sidetracked by other games and real life, but it was pretty creative and unique in how it approached it's systems. Definitely a NIS game, both for better and for worse.

I could never get into the G Gen games myself, just never had as much depth as the SRW do. V is pure sex though, and you owe it to yourself to get it as soon as possible.

you can import from heavy-arm I guess? but idk if they always get the bonuses

Ignore that delusional weeb faggot who thinks everyone speaks moon. The English version is coming out on May 2.
nichegamer.com/2017/03/09/psychological-music-thriller-caligula-effect-heads-west-ps-vita-may-2/

Dust collecting simulator
nothing
when it's already hacked?

last thing i played on it was Cyberslut. it has nothing but weeaboo games on it, and also the few games that use the touchscreen for important stuff work poorly because the touchscreen decides to die randomly, and the only way to fix it is to put the vita in sleep mode and turn it back on after the PSButton light goes off (takes like 10 seconds).

To be fair though, when you consider the state that a lot of (((localised))) games release in, we all either should know, or at least be on our way to knowing moon by now.

Finally picked Persona 4 Golden back up again. Can't recall for the life of me why I put it down in the first place. Just finished Naoto's dungeon though and maxed out Marie's Social Link she's way too cute…
Nier Automata and Mary Skelter. Not much else on my radar currently.
gonna be picking up Nier Automata and some other stuff tomorrow. I'm waiting for IFI to announce the inevtible limited edition for Mary Skelter before I put a pre-order down on it.

ah shit, thanks guys I stayed up way too late & overslept. Didn't realize the other thread hit the limit. I'll add that link to the archives now.

May 2nd, and digital-only for both NA and EU, sadly.

CDJapan will on most everything on their site, there's been some stuff i've seen on there that are only shippable inside of Japan for some reason though.

What are the extras? I did manage to get the calendar from DT2

Vita's dying, just like these threads. Who's taking bets on when they announce it's discontinued?

Who's stocking up on cheap sealed games for when they become collectible? Some of the launch titles are worth double already.

does that weeaboo faggot actually know moon? I bet he has an N5 at most. Framed on his wall and everything. Proudest moment of his life.

Garou: Mark of the Wolves while Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational finishes downloading
Windjammers
Mary Skelter
Pre-ordering Toukiden 2 tomorrow

A new Virtual On game got announced for the PS4/Vita, the catch is it's a crossover with Toaru Majutsu no Index.
If it plays like the real Virtual On games, I'll import it day one.
archive.is/ifHiq

I emailed them a few days ago and got this response:

Hello (You),

Thank you for taking your time and writing to us!

Right now, we are localizing the game and have no plans on a Limited Edition for Mary Skelter: Nightmares. But this doesn't mean that there won't be one. We will see if we happen to be able to create a Limited Edition for this game.

If we have any announcements about our games then we will definitely let everyone know as soon as we have any. We post all our announcements on our social media pages so we highly suggest following us on Facebook and twitter. But if you have any ideas on what you'd like to see on a Limited Edition for Mary Skelter: Nightmares then please let us know. We'd love to hear what our fans want to see!

If you also have any questions or concerns then please let us know. We will help you as much as we can. You can also call us at (310) 933-5047. We will be able to answer calls between 10am - 6pm PST on Monday through Friday. If the living prison swallows our office we may not have any connections so if we are unable to answer your call then please feel free to leave a voice message and we will return your call as soon as we can.

Thank you for being patient and for your continued support.
Have a nice day! :)

interesting. Guess I should give them a write. What's the email address to contact them at? Is it just their support one or is there a specific one they have for suggestions?

I contacted them via the form from their website. It's not immediate responses, but it is way, way much faster than NISA support.

everything the original LE had?

And this is why anyone with even the slightest interest in Japanese games should just learn moon.

the JP limited edition had a drama CD and a "special book". The famitsu special edition had all kinds of shit though.

(checked)
No prob. I was just around to help is all.
I'll browse them tonight and see what exclusives they have on offer. All else fails, I'll just hit play-asia or amazon jp.

Keep in mind the bonuses we get here aren't jack-shit compared to standard JPN LE packages. For DT2-2 specific (pic related):

- Nice collector's box (NOT packing box, fucking Gaijinworks)
- 4 cute Keychains
- Arrange Soundtrack CD
- Original (read not broadcasts on radio) Drama CD w/game spoilers within
- Apparently some DLC code for a boost item of some sort (my JPN is still shit, sorry).

STORE exclusives are things like wallscrolls & posters. Reading these from Aquaplus's website, merchan names bolded:

Softmap - Bathtub suds pic of two new characters Shana & Ruko
Toranoana - Stripping pic of Yuni sans tunic w/skimpy bikini and tights
WonderGoo - Bikini Tropical Melvy & Conette
Imagine Web Shop - screaming into womanhood by the gods Exquisite chuuni Lilian
Geo (G.O.?) - Yae's tits also sake
"Yodoba" - Berserker Grishna

Sample images (3 are already uploaded in thread) all at their website: aquaplus jp/dt2-2/

There's apparently also some dlc extras if you buy from Amazon, Animate, or Furuichi though again my JPN is shit…no wait. Specifically they're special DLC Mercenary Buddies, which means exclusive assist characters for the game's new Mercenary feature (partnered with re-summoning Grand Sealbook monsters, gives you a total of potentially 7 people to fight with).

It's jew tactics to the extreme but for once the offers are tempting to me. Guess every user has their breaking point.

That's sad news. I don't see them going all out, guns blazing like Japan did. JPN's LE had an actual light novel that came with the game that covered prologue knowledge of the characters winding up in the prison they were in and the experiments, apparently.

I did ask them about the LN book. Hit them up on the forums to see if this is just PR talk or if they're serious about backing this up with action.

Says it's a "Super Nurse Cap"

Assuming you mean geo-online.co.jp/ , it's Geo, and pronounced the way you'd pronounce Romaji, so "gay-oh"

Probably Yodobashi Camera yodobashi.com/

Also the Amazon bonus is only if you pay an extra 2000.

I love the thing but c'mon, accept it. It's the Dreamcast of this era.

FUCK that would be so damned cool to see them bring over.

not the image i meant to use, just kill me now

I'd say that title would belong to the WII U since the Wii U officially dead while the vita still lives in japan but I don't want to insult the dreamcast

The fuck are you talking about? Amazon constantly has them, and I've never seen them not in stock at the local Joshin.

Other places like AmiAmi and Joshin get you A4 plates with some art. The Sofmap and Wondergoo posters look nice, but I assume they don't ship internationally.

they designed, invested and funded this platform expecting a worldwide market, not a shitty few million in grorius nippon
just because it's doing okay in japan
doesn't mean it's successful
you understand this concept right
you must, somewhere, deep down

If it has to just be a select few things (considering how price seems to ramp up in terms of what a CE can include out here), I'd say that having more lore for the game via that novel would probably be most welcome. That said, it's probably a good bit more costly than tossing in other things that wouldn't require additional translation costs, and I would expect if they did wind up translating the book it might simply be made available as a PDF or something, depending on how much they'd be willing to spend on production of additional materials (I do wonder though how much it would cost to print off a set amount of paperback books, compared to an OST set or something).

Really though, it's a bit annoying when a game gets additional lore out in Japan either via CE specials or a lorebook, which the west usually never sees. At least with Tales of Xillia and Xillia 2, there's English fan synopses of some of the additional information mentioned in the World Guidance Book for that pair of games, even though said book for them never came west.

Being successful in Japan is what determines if a system gets games. The PS4 sold gorillions in foreignerland, and has nothing to show for it but a bunch of ports of PS3 and Vita titles. Sony's drunk the Kool-Aid and bought into the "It's all about the world market" bullshit, but the reality is that most developers can't afford to wait for potential Western sales to stay afloat. If you can't make enough sales at home to keep the lights on, you go out of business generally.

But a system can't be successful without games.
I don't think you though out this argument very well.

It's a chicken or the egg thing, where one feeds into the other. Nintendo usually gets around this because their first party shit makes the handhelds fly off the shelves, but for Sony systems it's a little bit slower. Either way, the reality of the situation is that the Vita is doing well and getting games, while the PS4 is being steadily pumped with ports to try and keep it alive.

I feel like you're so obviously looking for replies about a certain other Sony system that I must be missing something about your post.

Don't say that man, it's got Bloodborne.
Seriously though, I forgot the ps4 was actually a significant participant in the home console market for a second there.

While true, the expected return prediction on consoles tends to be within a two-year turnover period, especially if they end up releasing must-have titles. Hardware won't mean shit without solid games to see return profit on the investment.

The other factor you have to regard, here, is development cost. The Vita, to my knowledge, wasn't a cheap baby. Remember also that the Vita was likely developed at cost, much like the PS3, and both those systems have taken even longer to recoup their initial investments. In case you're forgetting, until about 2013, Sony was bleeding studios and properties left and right. A lot of their 2nd party studios got eaten or outright cut off in the wake of PS3's profit not appearing until halfway over its current lifespan, among other failing ventures in the zaibatsu/corp itself (TV, phones, computers, film—and the film section STILL hasn't recovered). So tack those factors on to the fact that Vita's existence was received with mild results on a worldwide scale, and got outright destroyed thanks in large part to Monster Hunter on the 3DS.

I love this machine like all getout but it's not doing "well". It pays the bills of B and C level developers who already operate on thin budgets and don't actually receive massive returns. Not to mention more and more of those studios are likely being pushed by contract to Sony to invest less in the Vita and more into PS4 and PSVR (not cheap developments, I'll say that much). This is Neverland and Rune Factory 4 all over again—you can produce all the phenomenal hits you want, but if you can't offset those dev costs and primsory notes, as well as other debt, you're going to be left high & dry.

Vita hasn't made good on its returns. It's got a few years left, at best.

The 360 barely sold in Japan, with very few jap exclusives and yet was on equal footing with the Triple worldwide.
Which is why we're seeing more simultaneous releases.

Japanese studios are going global. They are starting to develop their games to global tastes. Nioh and Bloodborne were both changed to accommodate western beta feedback.

Sony…doesn't care about Japan. They understand it's a tiny market. Why do you think PlayStation headquarters was moved to California? That all of their first party studios, bar two, are in the west? That they tried to expand into China and Korea?

They also understand the Vita is moribund. They stopped developing first party for it and are doing the bare minimum to keep the platform active - even removing features. The Vita has sold a tiny fraction of the 3DS which itself was seen as a disappointment. The moment its trickle of sales out balances the cost of minimally supporting it, even it Grorius Nippon, they will drop it, like they dropped the Vita TV.

I'm suffering the 3DS conundrum of having pirating to get almost anything but end up playing very little, even the things I actually bought. Lately, just Katamari. Trying for a decent bearcow is the worst. All it takes is that one guy you don't notice in a crowd, or the traffic cone with cow colouration, and your dream is dead.

If your 3DS is modded, you might just have a failed SD card. Otherwise it's probably dead Jim.

That's kinda meaningless you know.

Normally. Even with that advantage the Wii U was a fuck-up, one they're keen not to repeat.

That's real optimisim. I don't see it having more than 2 at best, especially now the Switch is a portable contender.

Two of the best games I've played this year are PS4 exclusives
My GOTY 2016 was a PS4 exclusive
Also three of the games I'm looking forward too the most are PS4 exclusives

The PS4 is a contender in the console market thanks to normalfags buying any shiny new piece of shit that gets marketed to them hard enough. It's also had Phantasy Star Online 2 for a year, but that's not an exclusive. It also looks like the weeb games might be shifting from Vita + PS4 to just PS4, though. Four Goddesses Online, Sen no Kiseki 3, ect, are PS4 exclusive in Japan.

I'd bet money that to date the entire Vita project has yet to turn a profit for Sony, which is why they have essentially ignored it, barring some cheap indie ports. They don't want to throw good money after bad.

That's probably down to the weakness of the hardware + greater penetration of PS4. The Vita's reached its limits a long time ago. Even shitty indies cancelled ports due to low performance. The biggest issue I keep hearing is RAM.

Something to note; according to Media Create, the PS4 has almost reached the same number of sales as the Vita in Japan.

If the reason why many publishers keep supporting the Vita in Japan is because the PS4 lacks marketshare over there, that argument isn't exactly viable for much longer.

For things that even see foreign releases in the first place. And for the most part, a simultaneous release means delaying the actual release to match a foreign launch.

Would I be able to just copy the contents of the SD over to a new SD without any hitches?

Two handhelds and three TV consoles.

For sure, which is why I specified handhelds for that part.

Lifetime sales, or monthly?

LTD. At the current momentum PS4 sales are definitely going to eclipse Vita sales by the end of the year. Maybe even earlier, really. The Vita is sitting a little over 5 million while the PS4 is about 4.5mil. Last week the Vita sold under 10k units while the PS4 sold 33k.

That only makes half sense. The PSP had jack and shit for RAM, but it still got games like Phantasy Star Portable 2 Infinity. I can see why lazy devs want to fix all their problems with RAM, but that also means the dev is refusing to be creative within the hardware limitations.

Fair enough

that happened to mine, and I didn't have my save data backed up. I haven't touched my 3DS since that happened. So many hours of monster hunter and animal crossing fucking gone.

if they ever fix the fucking thing. It's an absolute trainwreck the way it is currently.

Eh, I'll admit my favorite games so far this year have been PS4 exclusive so far as well; Gravity Rush 2 and Yakuza 0. I'm hoping Nier will hold up to the expectations I have. If the soundtrack is anything to go by, I know I won't be disappointed. Then we have Persona 5 on the horizon (which I'll hold off on picking up because they'll inevitably announce Persona 5 Platinum)

which is the primary reason I bought a PS4 in the first place.

That being said, it's worth mentioning that the N3DS alone (not OG 3DS, N3DS) has sold 5 million units, so both the PS4 and the Vita are VASTLY behind 3DS in regards to marketshare.

If the Japanese market thinks of the Switch as a 3DS successor, it's pretty much guaranteed 10mil sales over there by the end of its life.

We don't, it's viewed by and large as a TV console, not a handheld.

Yakuza 0 and Persona 5 are both PS3 games

Would that change if they came out with a Switch "lite" that worked only as a portable, you think? Kinda like the 2DS?

Didn't nintendo already say they're making a 3ds successor that's not the switch?

Probably. A "Switch SS" is pretty much the only way I see the Switch not failing entirely, otherwise they're just going to have make a real successor to the 3DS

If the SD card is corrupt, probably not. That's why you keep backups and don't get cheap SD cards.

I'm assuming you are using arm9loaderhax here. If you have a spare card lying around just copy Luma3DS onto it (3ds.guide check the last set of instructions) and try that. If your 3DS still doesn't boot you might have something more seriously wrong.

It's actually a pretty small console, easily competition for the Vita and 3DS.

Nope. They said that they're considering it, which to me sounds like "third pillar" talk.

Isn't Splatoon kinda big over there? I can't imagine that Splatoon 2 won't help at least make the system do decently.

Exactly what I meant when I stated a few, actually. I'll just do exact figures from now on.

And I'd bet money that console power has nothing to do with it. That it's entirely because of contracted orders, plus a blend of a shrinking market interest.

i wasn't aware either one was getting a PS3 release honestly. Shows what i know then I guess. Still, it was worth getting just for Gravity Rush 2 alone so far imo but I also got mine on the cheap side

Persona 5 is getting a PS3 release in the west, but Yakuza 0 didn't. Just an FYI.

ding ding ding! Also noted by Media Create, YTD sales for the Vita are down nearly 50% compared to last year. That's a significant drop off, even if the year is still young. It's not helping matters that it doesn't seem like there are too many "big" Vita games releasing soon, not even in Japan.

This thread is a testament to the delusion of sonyggers.

iirc the media create numbers favored sales of P5 far more in the PS4 arena than the PS3. Just pointing out. Though being honest I'm still miffed that the PS3 is at the end of its life and Sony/developers do their best to not even mention its existence so that—

—becomes the fucking norm. I hate it. Yoru no Nai Kuni and Atelier Sophie and a dozen other titles were never meant to be spec'd for the PS4.

I wished I lived in this guy's reality. I really do. The Vita deserved so much better.

These indie fags use ram-heavy frameworks like unity for easy development. It's pretty telling whenever an indie gets ported to Vita it's often outsourced to specialised studios, who then essentially rebuild the fucking game.

I disagree. It's too big, fragile and expensive for the kiddies to sling around, which is Ninty's bread and butter.
(You)
Most of us agree the Vita wasn't a success, except for the one guy who believes the world literally revolves around Japan. It's like weeaboo heliocentrism.

I am, and thanks, I'll give it a whirl later on.

I'll let you know when I see people pulling it out on the trains, but I sincerely doubt that's going to happen.

It was, but I don't think it'll be enough to push the Switch to 3DS numbers.

Got, they both came out months ago.

Fair enough.

But I'm not, it outdid all three of the telly consoles, with only the PS4 apparently gaining traction recently.

I can't see why that's a bad thing. Because it was intended for lesser hardware you get better performance/resolution.

PS4's YTD numbers were larger last year, and this year PS4 has sold more than 3x the number of Vita consoles sold in the same timeframe. PS4 has undoubtedly hit a stride over in Japan as of late.

I don't know what to think at this point.

New Super Mario U on CEMU.
Nier Automata
Yeah right. I'll wait for it to get cracked.

What other countries even make games? It's been decades since the foreigners made Battletoads, and from what I gather they haven't really tried to make anything nearly as good since.

Different market entirely. Mobage have been around for over a decade, and they've pretty clearly been selling to a different crowd.

Ah that's why then. The Yakuza 0 box in NA even says "PS4 Exclusive" after all.

only one of them are out in the west now. Quit being such a faggot user. We don't all live in 日本 and read/write/speak moonrunes.

So…those games run better on PS3 than on PS4?

I agree, if it was originally made for PS3 and then ported up, wouldn't it run better on PS4?

Nope. The difference in system architecture might cause issues thanks to the POWER OF THE CELL. Think of it as kind of like emulation: a PC has way better hardware than consoles, but some console games have framerate issues or glitches during emulation in spite of that.

The hardware's region free, and you only have yourself to blame if you haven't been studying hard enough.

There are no other countries.
There are no other games.
The Earth isn't real, and neither am I.
You are on the sleeper ship Great Grorius Nippon, headed towards the Sirius sector of the galaxy.
Hopefully you will find terraformable planets, and perhaps catgirl waifus, in order to rebuild humanity.
You are connected to a VR network to prevent your brain atrophying. You can do whatever you like in this reality, but you choose to post on the dying offshoot of a shitty indonesian basket weaving message board, pretending Nippon still exists and wasn't destroyed in the Sarkessian uprising, defending a handheld console nobody bought.

You are a brave explorer on the frontier of humanity, and I thank you for your service.

As another user said, that's not how it works. Were it that simple, Koei and Bandai wouldn't constantly be fucking up their various PC ports, and Vita versions of PS3/PS4 games wouldn't be regarded as downgrades.

As to which is better, I'll let you know once my PSPlus JPN account reactivates, since I got Sophie on both last December. Life kicked my ass so I wasn't able to invest time in either.

Oh so it's like that then, I smell what you're stepping in.

Have any anons ever used proxy shopping places like Buyee to order from Japan? Do the packages come in decent shape at a reasonable price? It seems like this is the only way to order from certain stores

twitter.com/IdeaFactoryWeb/status/841146016623607813
archive.is/UwUYX

I haven't used Buyee, but I've used vitamina fromjapan.blog.shinobi.jp/ to import doujins and shit. It was a year ago but the packaging was pretty good and I remember finding his commissioning price and shipping to be acceptable.
Guy doesn't explicitly mention vidya on his site but handles pretty much anything weebs would find interesting so buying games through him wouldn't be so far fetched I think.

I miss Superbus. He was a cool guy.

I came here mostly to comment on your stuck in a wall girl.

All the time. Best I've used so far is personalshopperj.com/ since they really go the extra meter to get whatever you want and they can do really weird specific and odd requests.

What's the sauce on the song from the webm? It sounds a lot like Reisen's theme from 2hu.

Garota de Venda Medicamento from ShibayanRecords Toho Bossa Nova 3. I don't know what's up with this recent trend of webms that feature short anime loops with Shibayan music playing. youtube.com/watch?v=uW1mfr7Y_mc

That website has to be the shittiest thing I've laid eyes on since myspace.

I want to be a girl so men could cum all over me while I wear cute dresses

I saw a TV vita for 20 bucks today, can those be hacked? Also can you transfer shit to your PC via Ethernet instead of using slow ass wifi?

You do realize Japanese has the most resouces out of every single language right? Its in such high demand I cant find a single resource for slavic languages yet find thousands of guides for learning Japanese its probably the easiest fucking language to learn at this point

Yes
No, but you can use USB.

fuck, I don't have a male to male usb

That's a big dog.
Out of curiosity, what was your GOTY 2016?

My ID reset but;
It was The King of Fighters XIV

Holy shit.

Well, I'm still upset that I missed my opportunity to buy DQHII on sale. One of the few games I've been waiting to import. Fuck. I might pick up Project Diva F 2nd. That'll free up enough space on my card for me to try and get Shantae working.

twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/status/841332683179491329

That looks a stupid attempt at trying to gain a bargaining chip.
This is a power play designed to look like a non-announcement.

Can anyone confirm or deny that running Caligula at a higher clock speed improves the frame rate?

twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/status/841422186955046912
why

Oh wow, it's fucking nothing.

fucking kill me, why couldn't they have done Stranger of Sword City Revisited?

If they made an LE and had the light novel included I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

This is what I'm talking about. Fuck store exclusives but I love all the extra stuff. I miss cute keychains. I think I'd still prefer an art book or a LN/short comic instead of a drama CD though.

Happy about this, but someone pointed out that they're probably doing this only because they aren't doing much with the Vita anymore, and whatever game they're talking about can't be even close to showable to the public if they're only saying it exists.

I had typed out how I hoped it was them saying they were doing Caligula after all, but nope, of course not. They say they're excited about every release, but there hasn't been a single one yet that I've been excited about, and won't be until I find out Cosmic Star Heroine is both good and available. Oh well. I keep more of my puckbucks.

super glad all the piracy discussion died down, was getting drowned in huehue's who weren't interested in talking about the games and couldn't take it anymore

You also get some sort of illustration book thing.

These are the nicest store exclusives, but I can't decide which I like best

I think it does come with an artbook. Aside of that, I've had to do some hunting. Tomorrow willing I'll post fruits of that labor.

Yeah that's also a convo killer for me. I have no intentions of pirating on my Vita since I actually frequent the digital store and a lot of my wants are switching to straight-from-japan, ie something physical in my hand that can't be lost in a data purge or fuckup.

Though I admit my contributions have been pretty thin due to concentration away from Vita of late. I've poked at Rebirth 3 but my attention's been more on Rune Factory 4 and Blaster Master Zero. No one wants to hear about those in a Vita thread. Unless you wanna hear if it's worth time. RF4 I couldn't tell you cause this usually isn't my cup of tea thus I can't be a good judge. BMZ is an adequate good time, better than what I saw the Sega Genesis cover or the remake on the Wii.

Well, maybe I'll do something about Shantae. Nabbed the Vita version pretty cheap. We'll see what happens. I really liked Pirate's Curse, though I've heard 1/2 Genie Hero is far shorter.

Your pain is felt, user. It seriously is. I'm going for Lilian. If I cant get her legit I'll use a 3rd party courier. Must have the chuuni. Must abuse the chuuni.

I was looking for a copy of that one and H-A got some.

cross-check with Amazon. They likely have it cheaper.

Actually the Melvy + Conette is my favorite now since I just realised they're in their Sage + Dancer outfits.

Honestly I might do the same, get US games from PSN and just get everything else physical from Japan, except I'm not sure my wallet will be happy about that.

You know for something to be successful it doesn't have to be the #1 in it's class. All that matters is if it made money. Which in the case of the Vita it obviously makes money for niche japanese developers which is why they keep making games for the thing and putting them out in the west. I don't think anyone here thinks the Vita set the world on fire just that it was a well made portable with a good selection of games especially if you're into fucking weeb games which a lot of people on this fucking board are.

No lie, it's painful as fuck for me, as I usually buy games at bargain or 2nd hand, so this switch is grating on the wallet. That used to net me a sizeable collection of games, but now I have to be expressly picky and also careful on shipping details since I'm limited to titles by hassle and price.

Case in goddamned point.

The biggest money saver is probably just buying in bulk using proxy shipping services to combine your orders so you can pay for shipping once and also order from JP only stores

Persona 2 and Gundam Breaker 3
Whatever that is in op's pic and danganronpa 3
Valkyrie Drive and Super Robot Wars V. Just waiting for them to come in

Classy choice. Just started my second playthrough this morning, still hooked as fuck. Pretty sure this will be GOTY for sure.

Looks like Kangokutou Mary-Skelter:
amazon.co.jp/gp/product/B00H6CAPPK/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Yggdra union. I have gone full autism now, trying to mvp +2 every map.

More games that require good strategy. DT2-2, God wars, Utawarerumono.

Noobish question: Does using PSP/PS1 emulation or similar afect the Vita bad? I dont need to pirate Vita games, but doest PSP emu fuck up Vita?

Affect in what way do you mean user? I have been playing psp games from the store on the native emulator and on henkaku for more than 1000+ hours and my Vita still acts like the day I bought it.

That is not like hacking the Vita.

The games take up space, but that's about it.

I mean, I can play PSP/1 Isos and still keept to play nonpirate Vita games, and online? Thats what im asking

I have a vita on 3.18fw running TN-V10, playing psp/ps1 games on it and I also play vita games normally.

You can't go online due to firmware restrictions(games have this as well), but you can play Vita games as normal, for the most part.

Sent IFI an email saying I'd love to see an an LE for Mary Skelter with a few suggestion.
Here's what I got back though:

"Hello [user],
Thank you for sharing some ideas of what you'd like to see for a Limited Edition of the Mary Skelter Limited Edition!
We would love to make a Limited Edition for Mary Skelter: Nightmares but as of right now there are no plans but if we do, then we will do our best to make it very wholesome and fun! We will take your ideas into consideration for a possible Limited Edition! But we'd like to let you know that it's not guaranteed that it will have all the items that you listed. Of course we will try our best and if there will be a Limited Edition then we will definitely let everyone know through our official social media pages! "

Reminder that if you guys want to see a limited edition for MS
WRITE TO IDEA FACTORY INTERNATIONAL SUPPORT SAYING SO

Also, these are what I proposed to them for a limited edition, knowing that the drama cd and LN would be probably either too difficult and/or expensive to bring over:
it's a weird feeling writing to a company like that. I'm certainly not in a position to pitch ideas or throw suggestions at them; but at the same time, as a fan and customer, I'd genuinely like to have any combination of these items in a limited edition for the game.

Also wrote them a second email asking if they had any plans to bring any of the Genkai Tokki games to the West and this was the response:

"To answer your question, we currently have
no plans on localizing any of the Genkai Tokki games."

They also suggested writing to Idea Factory Japan about them releases Asia-English versions which is a moot point because japanese businessmen aren't gonna listen to a handful of gaijins across the pacific

sage for double-post

What is the e-mail? We can also shill on twitter we want a lewd LE.

it's just [email protected]/* */
and that would be doable as well.

You could ask Play Asia to tell them about the demand for AE versions of games that won't be released in the US.

I sent them an e-mail

Now we need a plan how to get those asian-eng releases

Yeah, I got that letter months ago—wrote them asking about it in September.

and Seven Pirates. Even though we do not have any plans on localizing these
games, what we can do is look more into these games and take them into
consideration for a possible localization. Although we would like to let you
know that this is not a guarantee that they will be localized.

then please feel free to let us know. If you happen to have any other
questions, comments, concerns, or feedback then please let us know. Thank
you for being patient and for your continued support.

Essentially, the one way we can boost their interest in getting those titles here is Steam purchases. I don't see any other method with a modicum of a success rating.

Gonna write them again to ask about the Mary Skelter collector's edition wants. Keychains would be nice. Art booklet would be great. That light novel or a drama cd would be friggin divine.

I will also say if any of you are interested and have the time to go blow up IFI's forum website. I'll be asking various press persons on twitter if they'd be interested in poking IFI for an interview to help gauge desire for a Collector's Edition for the game.

Anyone looking to fill something out for email can go here: ideafintl com/contact.php

They DO respond to emails, so don't hesitate here if you're interested.

Mary Skelter, friend. Lewd dungeon crawler due this summer in the west.

So how heavily censored will it be?

Not at all from what they're saying.

twitter.com/CensoredGaming_/status/839675169497038848

Hah, that'll be the day.

Data caps are horrible and never live where the ISPs only other limited data plans

Who has the most reach to get word out? Summer is creeping sooner with the release of the game within the start of the season. Not much time to be trickling in emails, we need to strike fast and hard.

Well they did say previously that if they have to censor a game to bring it over to the west they won't do it. They learned their lesson after Monster Monpiece on the Vita and hopefully the backlash NISA gets for doing it.

Well since they didn't have to censor it for the Steam release why not just bypass the Vita release and put it on Steam/gog instead?

What's Steam?

That's good I suppose. Still wouldn't bother with foreign releases in general, though.

dq builders and katamari
Dunno
still deciding

I just got my vita and I gotta say it's a really solid handheld. I have no experience with any of sony's handhelds outside of trying a friend's psp many years ago so it's a really pleasant suprise how nice it is to use. Any anons got some game recommendations? I'm not familiar with most of the stuff in the game chart, but I'm willing to try anything as long as it's fun.

Which VITA did you get?
What games do you like?

I ended up getting an original because that's what was cheapest at fucking gamestop. I'm not particularly picky and I'll really play anything. I've heard atelier is good, but I don't really know anything about the series.

start with Atelier Ayesha+ user. It's digital only sadly, but one of the few titles that are absolutely worth the memory card space.

As for suggestions (in addition to Atelier Ayesha+), I'd throw out a personal suggestion towards checking out these:

Arcadey 2D side-scrolling beat-em-up that's pretty fun, but even more fun when playing with a buddy or two, or three even online. Added bonus of George Kamitani's sexy wonderful art.
a pretty enjoyable action-adventure game. Makes good use of the Vita as a whole while being pretty fun and having a nice albeit somewhat confusing and very open-ended story.
Anime RPG that's fairly fun. I'd be surprised if you haven't heard of Persona 4 before now.
Only if you want an FPS on your Vita, because it's the only good FPS the Vita has.
Sci-Fi/Time Travel visual novel with several different endings Suzuha is best girl, hands down.
Another 2D side-scrolling beat-em-up, but is absolutely nearly nothing like Dragon's Crown. It's single-player only, has two main character stories and SEVERAL additional/extra stories as well. It's a hell of a time sink. Kamitani did the art for this game as well, and it doesn't disappoint If you haven't noticed a theme yet, it's that you can't go wrong with a Vanillaware title
A waifu training/raising simulator mashed with SRPG combat. You have a handful of cute waifu-material Overlords of Hell that you train up to dole out as much damage as they can to Trillion, the world-devouring entity with 1 Trillion Hit Points. Has an ending for each Overlord I believe, along with several others, depending on which Overlord defeats Trillion or if you don't beat him at all This game is also a decent time sink and RNG can really make or break some of the training sessions or if you're trying to get certain events to happen. So savescumming is a-okay in this game seriously it'll be hell if you don't savescum. Probably

Sounds good I'll look into it a bit, but I think I'll pick that up first
Is the vita or ps3 version better? If the ps3 version has offline multiplayer then that's a bonus for playing with friends.
How does it compare to the original? Haven't played it yet and I want to get the best experience out of it.

As for the others I'll make sure to look into them. Thanks for the help, user!

It has a better translation, higher res and added content via DLC.

That's pretty compelling. I'll make sure to grab it next. Is the DLC actually worth the money it costs though?

Vita version of Dragon's Crown supports local multiplayer. So you can't really go wrong with either version of the game honestly. Because regardless of the platform, it's still a fuckin kick-ass sexy game. That being said, your friends would all have to have Vita's and a copy of dragon's crown each for local multiplayer, so you may actually want to get the PS3 version, if local-multiplayer is your focus here.

For starters all the (((localizations))) the Wii version got were ripped out and placed back with the proper translations from my understanding Rebirth is definitely the better experience for Muramasa, especially if you pick up the DLC pack when it's on sale on PSN, since the Wii doesn't even have those extra stories available from what I recall.

haven't played that far myself to answer that, honestly. I only beat it once with Momohime, and that was when I realized what a timesink it was, so I stopped playing so I could play other games. So to answer your question: I honestly have no idea. All I've heard concerning the DLC stories boils down to "yee they're pretty decent."

the DLCs are 4 stories with each a new character to play with. You have access to unique bosses and can fight ALL the standard game bosses ontop of that. These characters have unique fighting styles and are a breath of fresh air when you,re done or taking a break from the main story. I've only 100% the Wild Child part and it took me 11h to run around and beat all the bosses on hard. You can expect similar times for the 3 other stories aswell.

I'll get the ps3 version then because I don't know anyone with a vita. As for muramasa I'll definitely get it soon. The games look like they're worth it from the art style alone.

I'm not a fan of DLC in general, but it doesn't sound like vanillaware made them as a way to make a quick buck so I'll check it out sometime after I get and beat the game. Thanks a lot for the info, anons.

You need to loose once to get all the CGs but still holy fuck the RNG makes or breaks you in that game.

And if you like those two games, you'll want to check out Odin Sphere Leifthrasir as well! It's another Vanillaware game that's supposed to be pretty damned good some people liked it even more than Dragon's Crown and Muramasa apparently. I haven't gotten around to it myself though.

Anytime! Happy to help.

Quite so. And actually, I did lose on my first run. ALL my overlords totally devoured. I think I got all the Hot Springs CGs with them though, barring MAYBE one or two; and the RNG for those fucking hot springs events were ridiculous. I reset my game no less than 10 times when I was trying for a few characters, and others I would get it without trying. I stopped playing after that though, but I really oughta pick it up again.

The DLC is worth it if you ask me. Four new playable characters, four new stories (albeit shorter than Kisuke and Momohime's own), new bosses, and new music, plus you can challenge the prior bosses from Kisuke and Momohime's routes as well. Aksys occasionally puts it on markdown (I got all four for $7.50 rather than $15), but it seems to be rare.

Muramasa is pretty fun in general, and the designs and OST are fucking great. Have a listen if you want a sample.

Also going to second what says about Leifthrasir, though it might be worth considering that unlike Muramasa Rebirth, you have multiple options there for what to play it on. As far as I know, the Vita version of it's fine though.

On that note, have you checked what the current OFW the Vita itself is running is, provided you haven't updated it yet?

It unfortunately came with 3.61 so I ended up updating it. Considering the stability problems with pirated games on the vita I think I'll be fine with ARK for now.

embed is the dlc I've completed, its pretty good and the vid will give you a good idea of what the game is like during bosses.

Super Robot Wars V and the Gundam Breaker games are absolute must haves

Well, either way, do be aware of how big your memory card is, and how big the games you're wanting to look into are. Some of them you at least have a choice between physical and digital (with physical carts saving a good amount of memory card space), but it unfortunately doesn't happen as often as it should.

$60 is a bit pricy for me at the moment, but I'll consider it.

I have a 16GB because if I had gotten anything larger I wouldn't be able to afford games to put on it.

Honestly I'm not even sure where to buy physical copies of games. I know there's playasia, but I'd have to set up a paypal to be able to buy from them.

I usually just choose cash on delivery options with Amazon myself.

That's not in option outside of Japan.

Really? I thought Amazon was an American site originally. Weird.

DLC has a bad rap because of the games that tear off parts of the full product to sell separately, or for utterly trivial stuff that some modder yobbo could throw together in a few hours. This is more in line with a traditional expansion, and is totally fine.

I've noticed a couple of issues with pirated games (DLC not working in Senran rhythm kitchen lewdness, even with the loading mode set appropriately) but they've all at least worked.

Yeah, Sony asking so much for so little memory is probably one of the biggest issues with the Vita. That, and the issue regarding backups.

Anyhow, you can readily Vita games from Amazon and the like, but if you're looking for brick and mortar "we take cash" places, it's a bit of a crapshoot. I don't go to Gamestop much myself, but I do remember them still having a few shelves of Vita games, so they were at least trying to actively stock for it as of maybe a few months ago. Not sure that's the same case now. Other big name places that stock games are likely to be more iffy than Gamestop. Independent stores and multimedia place may or may not be good. Really depends on the place. One local store I know of out where I am actually has half decent selection and occasionally gets Vita imports traded in as well, but most places just have a handful of games, usually western stuff that never gets bought and (as of the PS4 remaster) a shitload of Gravity Rush. Maybe a P4G here and there. One of the multimedia places around here did see a fair amount of Japanese developed Vita games as trade ins, but I suspect those were all from the same person, and that's more the exception than a rule for multimedia places here regarding the Vita. Hell, that same chain asks like $350 for preowned Vita systems anyhow.

I've not heard of that myself. Might have to do with the fact that, at least in my neck of the woods (desert, really) mail, even small-medium packages, goes right in the block's mailbox for you to get yourself. Admittedly I might not have looked for such an option hard enough though.

I'm seeing a lot of Mary Skelter in this thread, what makes it good besides the lewd? I'm a real sucker for transformations so the blood system sounds great, but if it's a weak gimmick I'll be disappointed.

I was wondering why you posted this image as it had nothing to do with discussion then I noticed it. Very slick.

There's no Vita stuff at EB Games but we've got a local brick-and-mortar that does, mostly because they sell weeb things. Generally not Japanese imports though, only ones from Europe and USA.

Good ol' my country for birthing that meme.

There are not good deals this week on US PSN (adide for two batman games), but I heard the Poland PSN is having a sale:

store.playstation.com/#!/en-pl/save-up-to-60-on-ps3-ps-vita-games/cid=STORE-MSF75508-SUTPS3VITA|platform~vita|

Because they release games on the Vita/PS4 and tend to port to PC later

They are. They are also notorious for treating their workers like shit and claims came out a few years ago that they do some anti-competitive shit. It only works in the US because other countries actually have options for online retailers while burgerland is 99% amazon for anything that is even slightly niche.

Yeah, can't speak for other places, but here it's under the credit card selection, the option I have selected.

That sucks, here I can always shop on Rakuten or somewhere else if need be.

can't really say beyond it looks fun and lewd. It's not out yet in the West.

It's got slightly smoother than KT's musou vita releases but it's noticeable. Guess I should have expected this to happen since it's open world. Still buying it because I'm still having fun

What a pair of qts.

PS3/PSVita Atelier series are largely about comfy, thoughtful item creation, mission solving, and time management. You become the little girl and you set out to solve various circumstances depending on the series. Things as simple as doing your govt-sanctioned job, to finding clues to your missing sister, to wanting to follow int the footsteps of your adventurer mother, to keeping your shop from being confiscated by the kingdom govt because your master is a lazy, cake-hating prick. There is almost zero emphasis whatsoever on "You must save the world". In fact, the Dusk Trilogy protags actively do more to harm their world than to fix it.

The highlights vary for players but the thing almost everyone agrees on is the item creation systems the game challenges you to master. You start out knowing jack shit, but if you put work into it, you can craft items that kill gods (literally, in the Dusk trilogy).

There are also multiple endings depending on the story tasks you accomplish, as well as a new game+ feature which makes for good replay value. Where you start is up to you. But for some tips & info:

- Basically GOTY edition with most of the dlc distributed with the original game along with some mechanic tweeks and even plot extras. In Rorona's case, the item & battle system were entirely overhauled to match that of Meruru.
- The Arland Trilogy was originally published and handled by NISA. Avoid if that bothers you (it should).
- Only one game has a PS3 plus version, and that's Atelier Rorona.

- The chronological order goes Rorona => Totori => Meruru
- Has stricter time management functions, being the earlier games n'all. Nothing brutal.
- Less emphasis on combat.
- Order of play somewhat matters. You can get away with Totori without spoiling too much of Rorona, but jumping into Meruru first will spoil elements in Totori.
- These three have a collection bundle that is usually $80 (Buy 2 get 1 free), but the bundle does go on sale at least twice a year. Wait till then if you're buying.

- Chronological order is Ayesha => Escha & Logy => Shallie
- Time management is more lenient, especially after Ayesha.
- Recommended you start with Ayesha. Playing E&L first spoils one big (but obvious tbh) element of Ayesha, and going for Shallie spoils elements of both.
- Greater emphasis on combat and battles
- Heavier in some regards than Arland regarding plot, since the setting is a "dying world".
- Wilbell a best
- Ayesha the cutest

Not a great deal of it, no. Some elements exist with Totori, if you're looking for that.

Sprinkled like powdered sugar on top of delicious cake. Not overpowering, but just enough to complement the exquisite flavor.

Shit. Forgot to say while the ORIGINAL Arland Trilogy (PS3) was handled entirely by NISA, the Plus games are published by KoeiTecmo directly.

All of the vita titles are Plus save for the new Mysterious Duology (Sophie & Firis). Those two games will not be getting Plus versions.

Couldn't tell you because I ran short on spare dosh last year thanks to Life™. It's a dungeon crawler, however, so I'm obligated to find out what the deal is all about.

Sounds like you like casual shit. I'm going to throw Hot Shots Golf, Virtua Tennis, and Rayman out there. The first two are great for unwinding(although HSG might do the opposite at times). Sayonara Umiwara Kawase is great, too. I like Grand Kingdom for on-and-off play. It's also not hard to find for around 20 bucks. If you want something different, I suggest trying out demos on the store. There's plenty.

gematsu.com/2017/03/romance-three-kingdoms-xiii-power-kit-announced-ps-vita

I'm honestly starting to lose interest at this point. I might just not buy it at all.

Game is bretty gud so far. Fantastic music and the combat isn't too shabby either. My only gripe is the time management because I'm a greedy jew and I can't keep myself from picking up everything.

STOP THIS MY DICK CAN ONLY GET SO ERECT

twitter.com/XSEEDGames/status/842470480212774912

Ignoring until I check out the PSN store on the 21st.

I don't know if I understood this all properly but, there's no new classes, and the girls are all corrupted by some monster, like Irena gets corrupted by a Slapyon. It sounds like they're only corrupted for a boss fight and then they're back to normal, but I could be wrong. Just like the first game there's going to be fanservice, difficulty, and a big postgame. For DLC it looks like they want to show more characters and areas too. So who have we not seen the corrupted versions of yet, Melvy and Eltricia?

Believe it or not, Ayesha is probably the easiest when it comes to time management. That and maybe Escha & Logy.

The OST for Atelier Ayesha is easily one of my all-time favorites. It's good shit. Escha & Logy's is pretty decent as well.

Just got a vita and got around to update manually to 3.60, been reading on wololo that for safety purposes you'll need to make another psn account, how do i do it?

You don't, because you can't currently use PSN on a Vita that isn't at latest. Similarly you can't play games that require more up-to-date firmware. Unfortunately the hacks are much more of a compromise than the ones for 3DS.

Playing the Toukiden 2 Demo, the female character has a milf voice it's number #16, one of her lines is "ara ara" it's giving me chills And you can give them big tits. I'm so happy with this already and I haven't even played the game

I made my character an /ara/ ginger tomboy. Fuck I want the game already, I 100% cleared everything and now the only things I can do is grind armor and weapons.

Ar Nosurge, DT2
2-2, Hollow Realization
I have no fucking idea, looking for fun stuff that would work on my PS3.
>fun
Getting real sick of the decor in Abyssal Darkness, that and the fucking Tuna is a pain in the ass. I'm really not looking forward to crowning.
On the other hand I just reached Phase 2 in Ar Nosurge, and I'm actually having a lot of fun now that I've started hitting consistent S-ranks in combat (they exist, holy shit). Currently level grinding to fight the 8th Dimensional.

I still have my Hollow Fragment cart but I still have trouble playing it for extended periods of time. Does anyone have some idiot-friendly tips for character/skill customization, or getting used to the combat? I've cleared the floor 76 boss and some parts of the Hollow Area but I still don't feel like I'm in control.

so guess is just install henkaku and do everything to run the vidya, right?

On second thought, maybe I will pick it up. Here's hoping for an English release, which should be too hard considering it's already translated on PC.

A while ago I popped in my Hollow Fragment cart and found the combat lacking, even though I kinda got it. Just not a fan of the switch mechanic. I've long forgotten how to play it though, it's been half a year since I tested it out for a few hours.

Yeah. Maidumptool for Vita, Adrenaline for PSP, RetroArch for emulation.

vita Black Kite on Twitter: Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth - Hacker's Memory confirmed for PS4 and PS Vita
twitter com/bk2128/status/843140229112381440
>imgur com/NeAqITm

wat do.>(in b4 it's actually a system update that jumps me to 3.63)

What are some easy to read games if I'm still learning moon? Not things that don't need you to read anything, but something where I can start using what I've learned/use to learn more.

This thing is pretty much disposable weebshit: the handheld. It's no wonder why it failed, really. Need some games that appeal to regular people as well.

Anything that has a backlog feature to let you review earlier parts of a conversation and voice acting, preferably with the option to replay said voice acting, so you can pick up new kanji.

That's the biggest mistake the industry has made period.

Find it harder and harder to disagree on a daily basis.

Visual Novel elements. This means VNs like Steins;Gate, or the Neptune series. Anything that lets you backlog what's written and also replay audio clips.

What even qualifies as regular nowadays? Even widely appealing games pander to fucking LGBTQ people presently. Honestly, if the Vita had more T/FPS and Sports games, it'd be loved by the West. It has most everything else to some extent.

It's lacking in western games in general unless you count indieshit. It makes it the perfect weeb machine, but it's a niche audience.

I'm not getting both. Help me choose one.

Also, I can potentially get a PSTV at a decent price. I'm wondering if it's worth it. I might just update my Vita and keep the TV for Henkaku stuff. Has anyone tried USB mounting with the PSTV? How is it?

Yeah, that's handhelds in a nutshell now. The Vita had some support at the start, but they really failed to provide much in terms of decent games. Sony dropping out didn't help.

SRW V. It's almost undoubtedly going to be unrivaled for best game to come out this year.

As already said, you are locked out of newer firmware games if you want hacks. For now (I hope not forever).

Doubtful. The PSTV is probably the dumbest idea ever: Vita-power, without the portability, and with inability to play certain games, they should've had a display adapter or something like that for the regular system. Note that some Vita games have superior PS4 ports too, so you may be better off with one of those.

If you do go with the PSTV, maybe keep HENkaku on the regular Vita for portable emulation instead.

A display adapter would have been a better idea but Sony had to turbo kike every aspect of the Vita. Poetic justice is that the Vita flopped. Vita ended up decent because third parties released a bunch of JRPGs on it.

Hopefully the Nintendo Switch ends up decent. One thing I won't repeat next gen is buying digital games. These companies only push digital so they can make you rebuy your games when it gets re-released on their next console.

No, Vita is dying because Sony marketed as a fucking PS4 accessory instead of it being nuPSP. Combine that with it's weak launch lineup and absurdly-priced memory cards, and it's a wonder it survived as long as it did. It's only still alive now because of its fanbase and all the third-party support it still gets.

exactly, and as we've seen, turbo-kikery only ruins good things.

This is good news. Cybersluts was decently received. Still, no interest without a physical copy.

Why wouldn't it get a physical release? Very few Vita games are digital only

Cyber Sleuth was digital only in the west. Asia got a physical which is where I got mine. The new Accel World VS Sword Art Online is digital only everywhere except Japan. God Eater 2 didn't get a physical in NA either, I had to import the Europe copy. Bamco is doing fewer and fewer physicals recently. I doubt this game will get a physical either.

It also doesnt help Sony never bothered to fix some issues of the Vita such as

I had some success with the Little Battlers game.

It's made for elementary school boys, so there are a few specialized words that would be popular in shounen manga/anime.

Considering how someone (or some people, if it's actually been catching on) have been trying to push for anything overtly Japanese to be derided as "disposable weebshit" wherever they can (old or new, the game/series doesn't matter; I saw someone doing the same for Breath of Fire III a few days back), in all seriousness I wouldn't bother with responding to posts like that. Which isn't to say that the Vita isn't kind of the "weeb" system of choice, but the notion that Sony should have appealed more to the mindset pushed by the western media, rather than not having fucked up the memory card prices, made backups a pain in the ass, pushed digital only, etc, in an effort to make it sell better is dumb.

Just my thoughts from what I've noticed elsewhere on the board lately.

Wonder if they'll be having Media.Vision work on it again, or will be getting another third party.

Honestly, at this point I just assume anyone who uses "weeb" or "weeaboo" unironically to condemn anything with the slightest hint of a relationship to Japan is a shitposter from Reddit.

I only use it to describe shit like Persona and literally any kawaii uguu pantsu~! bullshit on the Vita.

To be honest, it's been an ongoing issue. Even some years back on halfchan, there were people either intentionally parroting or having adopted (in the case of newfags that refused to lurk enough) it to mean anyone that likes or has an interest in anything Japanese to any degree, as opposed to someone that practically worships Japan and curses their own heritage. Almost reminds me of how the (((tribe))) manage to change definitions for words in dictionaries to fit their own agenda for the west. Either way though, there's been a noticeable amount of "it's weebshit" responses in pretty much any thread about Japanese games (at least, the non-mainstream/popular ones anyhow), as if such games have no value to be played, and that discussion of which should not be tolerated.

Also, note the "regular people" quip mentioned up there in that post calling the Vita "disposable weebshit". Not the first time I've been seeing both sort of phrases being used in conjunction lately.

Had half a mind to search the phrase on the archive as I'd heard it was working again somewhat and see just how pushed its been (kind of like how you used to be able to find like twenty or more pages worth of threads that had been spammed of "ITT: Worst Castlemania Ever" on halfchan's moe archive before it hung itself), but it seems 8archive isn't working properly yet again. Also wouldn't be too surprised if the same mentality is being pushed at halfchan either, as a crossposted forced meme.

Polite sage as this got rather offtopic in regards to the Vita itself.

The Vita is disposable weebshit though. You're bloodly delusional if you think otherwise.

Also;

Wow, it's almost like words can have their meaning change over time! What a shocking revelation!

Did you know fag used to be used to describe something other than your shlong-slurping ass?

That is because they know most people won't go through the effort and additional cost of importing. Physical games are becoming a niche. Even the fucking ps4 essentially just uses it's game disks as install medium and then only uses the disk for license verification.

They increased the icon limit to 500 in 3.11 or so but everything else is pain.

The majority of vita games are digital only or limited physical copies. Neither of which is very few.

Sony has always been the major weeb console. The problem is Sony America doesn't want to be major weebplayer because, unlike every other market, they don't realize weebs pay out the ass for things that appeal to them. The PSVita is known for having a small active install base (as in not just "systems sold collecting dust") but that small base buys a shitload of software. Sony somehow doesn't see this as a viable market, presumably because they're retarded.

I think Sony was trying too hard to fix what was seen as unwanted parts of the original PSP, namely how easy it was to hack and pirate due to the console essentially being a proto smartphone and having almost no real security checks in place. They just went about "fixing it" in a horribly retarded way. I think the heavy digital push was just too early in the market and pushed at the wrong demographic, people who actually WANT to collect physical shit.

I use it to describe things that are Japan focused because it gets the idea across quickly in one word rather than having to say "well, it's popular in particular markets worldwide but it's mostly Japan"

(you)

I'll take your word for it, since I didn't take a chance to dive into this series earlier(I have the PS2 game but haven't tried it out yet). I kind of don't want to give Bandai Namco money, since they fucked up the Digimon World release, but a physical English release of SRW is pretty nice.

It still irritates me that I can't play Shantae on the PSTV. Why, Wayforward? It doesn't even need the touch screen. Why did I even buy this? My main contention with getting the PSTV is not knowing what future releases it will and won't work with. I'm still trying to figure out what setup I would have. I think keeping Henkaku on the PSTV would be best, so I can use USB mounting and play newer stuff on the handheld, but I don't want to lose portable Retroarch.

That might have been the case back in 2015, but games have been receiving less retail releases since then. I think this is largely due to the PS4 coming out. Honestly, if digital-only was going to become more common, Sony should have dropped the price of those damn cards at least once.

I nabbed me a Vita nearly brand new with 3.60 and a 32 card for 100 bucks. What's a good guide so I can put all the stuff needed for piracy and stuff on it? Also, what games should I put in this bad boy? What homebrew too for that matter.

Just look up "Vita homebrew" and you will find plenty of information. As far as games are concerned, just try whatever seems interesting. Also, nice purchase. I'd have jumped on that.

MOAR THICC LOLI DRAGON!

Just managed to fix my vita not able to log on psn and it took me a month to figure out what was really happening.

It started about 2 weeks after I bought a PS4. Out of the sudden I could no longer log on psn from either consoles. While the Vita error message I believe it was e-2704 was something bland and unspecific, the PS4 message was a bit clearer.

My IP was banned from using PSN.

Took me about 3 weeks of searching the web for the reason I might have been banned since I havent broke any of Sony's rules that govern IP bans no homebrew like a good goyim. But it turns out that on a 3 years old forum post some guy mentionned that it could be conflict with devices name on a router that could cause Sony to IP ban users. My PS4 was using the same name as my father's gf's who's living with him in the next condoleum and had recently started to use my wifi in exchange of a payment, so we can afford something with more speed and more bandwidth at a lower price IP phone. Both devices had an asterisk " * " for a name on their devices. After a few times fucking around it turns out that when you setup your internet connection, you can change your DHCP name and that will change your device's name on the router's wifi list.

After a few hours, my IP was unblocked and now I'm able to go on PSN again on both PS4 and Vita

So yeah, if cannot logon psn try to check if you're ip banned. If you are try accessing your Router's admin tools and see if your PS4 shares the same name with something esle. If it does, change your DHCP name during Internet Connection Setup on your PS4.

Sorry for blogposting but I hope it helps someone in the future.

For example?

That sounds like the opposite meaning though. It'd more accurately describe games made by Westerners trying to sell in Japan or paddling games

Digimon, as in those fighting Tamagotchis? Didn't know they still made those.

Again, examples?

I have henkaku installed but cant connect online to buy things from the store should I update will it remove henkaku?

I can't imagine people downloading those 50GB PS4 games, I guess they must have amazing internet? My friends buy physical games any constantly complain about updates and install times in gen 8. Sometimes I think these console makers only know reality as it is in San Francisco and can't fathom that not everyone has 1Gbps internet speed.

You shouldn't update because they patched it out after 3.60, you really should know that you can't use PSN with older firmware, and by extension that you can't use the PS Store to buy stuff if you want to keep henkaku. Just buy physical or pirate.

There will probably never be permanent PSN access on Henkaku, that's the tradeoff. It's also a really fucking stupid idea at any rate, Sony can and probably will start banning accounts/consoles.

Digital only is fucking stupid. I always assumed everybody else knew that, but I've met people who are genuinely too damn lazy to put a disc in and don't mind paying 2-3 times the price of a disc to go digital.

We all know where you're going to take this argument.
Which, we both know, wasn't the point, but you don't want to pass up a chance to humblebrag about your nippon visa.
You keep saying foreigners. You are a foreigner as well. You are not welcome there. They will always hate you. Don't forget to carry your gaijin card when you take out the trash.

A more interesting discussion to have would be why they only do digital releases - according to Limited Run Games, the minimum order for Vita carts is 4000, and they instantly sell out of their shit tier indie games. Do the bigger publishers have such little confidence? If so, why do kusoge like EDF2/GalGun get physicals, but better games don't?

If you're going to keep moving the goalposts like that, there's not much point in having a discussion. Not sure why you'd bother with censored versions to begin with for that matter, but whatever floats your boat I guess.

Well, I almost bought a Vita TV. You know, I really wonder what screws up compatibility for this thing. I don't think that game uses the touch screen.

There's a whitelist that can be hacked via Henkaku to allow all games to run. Recently, it can now load games off USB storage, so you don't have to buy the memory cards. It could be argued that it's the best Vita for that fact alone. I'd buy one before they massively increase in price.

Where did you see that? I am looking for a cheap vita tv in canada now that you can mount the usb.

Supposedly the port on the top of the 1000 model was supposed to be for a video out, unfortunately they decided a video scaler to output a 720p image increased the production cost too much and the concept was shelved but the port remains.

Oh, and if you are an american, you can get a vita tv for 45 if you cannot find it cheaper, but good fucking luck if you are canadian.

I just want to know if we're ever going to get uppers in the us.

I wouldn't be able to play the game with Henkaku.

I thought I once read that it would be brought over, but I'm not sure. If not, it's not hard to play through, from what I understand.

That even started to get really annoying to me with late PS3 releases. Physical games somehow requiring at least 10GB of free memory space and taking fifteen minutes to install itself? I don't get that. Do games themselves no longer fit on discs in a usable format and are thus just a compressed file the system has to decompress and install to even make playable?

Strikes me that that would have been more "unwanted" on the publisher end than the user end. Not to say there aren't people out there that refuse to hack their systems, pirate, or emulate, despite how easy doing so is for some systems. Friend of mine knows how there's a lot of good games that either didn't come west (and in some cases have been fan-translated for use with emulators/loaders, or flash carts/burned discs) or are really expensive/hard to find and don't have PSN or VC rerelease, and rather than do a quick download would rather write off playing them himself and just stick to what's officially available.

But yeah, they went more than a bit overboard. I can understand maybe not wanting another Pirate Station Portable situation on their hands, but making memory so ridiculously expensive for what you're getting and making backing up save data a time and memory consuming hassle probably did a lot more damage on the consumer end than it did to improve things on the distribution end. While publishers and Sony themselves might have been happy with what was done, it doesn't help encourage potential customers to look more into the system.

I think it's pretty dumb too. I mean, with a bit of luck and persistence I can find various PS3 or Vita games rather cheap on the aftermarket, yet for some of those, the PSN price is still full price, or at least close to it, even years after release. Granted, it seems to depend on the publisher, and some are more willing to try to keep their digital prices somewhat close to preowned than others, but when its a choice of buying a physical copy for $10-20 (maybe even less in some cases) compared to dropping close to $40-60 digitally, why even go with the latter? At least with PS1 rereleases on the PSN you could put them on the PS3, PSP, and Vita, giving those a bit more reason for one to look into (and weren't all that expensive either), assuming one doesn't just emulate or have a modded system or something.

With the push for "digital only in the west", I'd wager that those publishers are simply too keen on cutting as much in the way of production costs as they can, and Sony all too happy to force expensive memory on players. And the publishers that keep their digital only games at full price practically year long, years after release, seem like they enjoy the ability to control how much those particular games go for, as there's no physical aftermarket to worry about here.

man this looks so fun. Someone should ask the folks at XSEED, since this is a Marvelous game.

But even if it doesn't come West, it looks easy enough to play without knowing moon. Never watched any of SBF before, but this isn't terrible

So what do you guys think, Toukiden 2 on vita or ps4? Might have to make some room for the demo…

Speaking about that, does anyone know where to get the Uppers Daidouji DLC?
When vita piracy started no one bothered to upload it because DLC didn't work at the time..

I'm not even aware of how to dump DLC, MaiDumpTool does cartridges, doesn't seem to have a way to handle other types of games.

hackinformer.com/PlayStationGuide/PSV/olderfirmwareguide.html

Does anyone confirm this works for installing Vita games? I've got a PS3 and it works on PSN.

What's the name of the anime in the .webm?

Is there any word of demo-save transfer bonuses for Toukiden 2? Even if there aren't any, this is way more fun so far than Kiwami was. I'm definitely picking this up.

What weapon are you guys using? I'm really digging the Club. but Naginata and Spear are nice too. Man I don't know which to main with.

I'm playing the PS4 version but I'm having an absolute blast so far.

I'm honestly finding the Toukiden 2 demo fairly meh. Then again, I AM playing MHXX right now so eh.

archive.fo/td4Lc

I should import that some time.

Other than the performance drops because the switch to openworld I love it. Complete improvement over Kiwami.

No clue what the demo transfers over, hopefully it's everything you do because I've got almost every mitama I found maxed out. They do specify that you get a bonus for transfering the demo data. You also get 2 bonus armor sets if you have Age of Demons or Kiwami data on your system.
Gauntlets, Naginata, Rifle and Sword and Shield. Mostly Gauntlets though since they can now get into the air and god damn is a defense mitama step up destructive as fuck with them.

Honestly I had the exact opposite experience, I stopped playing MHXX to play more of the Toukiden 2 demo since they fixed everything I hated about the first games. Something about MHX and MHXX doesn't sit well with me despite me loving the series. I just can't place my finger on it.

X and XX are handled by an entirely different team than the main series. Tsujimoto has been working on 5 ever since 4G, so give that a look when it comes out, it should be different enough from X.

ah okay, that's what i was wondering. I knew the save data would transfer over.

I'm the same way. MHX really didn't do anything for me like 3U and 4U did. Maybe it's just the lack of G Rank. I liked the Deviants, hated the Hypers. I really fucking hope they ditch the Hypers in MHXX. But I appreciate that Toukiden 2 is now less about trying to be "not" Monster Hunter as it sort of is coming into its own with the open world and the demon hand mechanic, in addition to having a story that's somewhat enjoyable.

Anyone else find it stupid how foreign versions change shit for no reason to the point where two people can be talking about the game and not be able to tell what the other is saying? I'm going to assume one of these is the Two Name Monsters, and one is the Ferocioius Monsters. I can tell you for sure the former is still in, with a Two Name variation for each of the Shitennou from the first X, as well as for Holoro Holuru, Shougun Gizami, and Diablos, and if nothing else the Ferocious monsters from the first X will still be in, since XX is basically just the G version of X, but I don't know for sure if new ones show up in G rank most likely they will though

ah, Deviants are like the new subspecies. Like the alternate version of a monster that's beefed up with some new moves and different color schemes. I think Ferocious is Hyper though. I believe the Two Name monsters are Deviants. They have names like Flame Lord Rathalos, Dread Queen Rathian, etc. So "Two-Name" would make sense.

Eugh, the Hyper/Ferocious are such a pain. They felt somewhat justified when they were "Apex" in MH4U, since it worked with the story. But in MHX/XX they seem to just exist as 1-hit kill damage sponge machines.

Sounds like it then. The Two Named Monsters were alright in concept, I just hated the ticket system and how you basically had to move up in a separate progression for them instead of it working organically alongside the rest of the game, to say nothing of their unique BGM replacing everything else - the most fun part about fighting Dinovalde was the theme he got, and fighting 10 stages of Jinmetsuyaiba Dinovalde is just torturous without it.

I'll agree that the Ferocious monsters are a nuisance, though I wasn't exactly a fan of the Crazed Monster Virus in 4 either. Thankfully neither of these are likely to make it into 5, since Tsujimoto had nothing to do with X/XX and his nepotism means he can do whatever he wants as long as the games aren't losing the company money.

Dominion, specifically Dominion Tank Police.

Nuts to this I'm trying it with EV and SV. Up to the point of copying to Vita that'll take time.

Confirming that the PS3 method works, also for DLC if you're into that. The obvious problem is you're still limited to games that don't need >3.60 firmware, and that it's a very roundabout way to do it. Still, it's an option for the goys.

So!

Can MaiDumpTool also do DLC without any special handling? It seems to be showing the 3 games I have under "dump & decrypt" even the digital ones.

I'm going off a wild guess and assuming the disc medium doesn't run fast enough for the games to play at reasonable speeds (not stuttering, long load times) so they install it to the hdd and it's faster to read. I believe this was what GTAV did on ps3 where it installed it's most used assets to the HDD but, again, guessing.

To be short, yes. Longer answer. Regular people tend to see consoles as "difficult" to hack vs. how easy it is to pirate on a PC. This leads to people putting games on them because they think they'll make more money if the game "can't" be pirated. The PSP was the first Sony portable. If the entire line became known for being easily hacked they would most likely not get anywhere near the amount of games the vita got (even the small library the West got).

What they did to the PSV, while horrible from a consumer standpoint, was a godsend for people who wanted to make sure their games were not pirated at any cost. Consider that Sony ended support for the Vita in most markets back in 2014~. It just recently (within the last year) got any form of piracy/jailbreak. You could argue that it was because nobody cared but at the same time that is a long time before even basic hacking occured.

I think the memory stick was where they fucked up the most tbh. If they had allowed standard sd cards with the rest of their shit it would not have been nearly as horrid a solution. When the PSP was released with the memory stick bullshit they were trying to compete with the SD card but during the time of the PSP's EoL and the PSV SD cards won the format war. Sony, in their endless wisdom, decided they needed a special SD card but didn't want to pay real development costs so they got the slowest shit they could and mixed the pins around. Now, since they are the only ones that produce them, they can charge any price and they can suck as much as they want them to because you have literally no alternative like you did with the memory stick or SD standards.

When you extract/decrypt content with mai after you select the game to dump it will give you several options on what to dump. One of those options is DLC.

So they finally confirmed that everything you do or obtain in the toukiden 2 demo transfers over to the full game

I mean it is called the "Carry Over" Demo. I just wonder what the bonus goodies you get for carrying over are.

You'd be surprised how many games have called a demo that but only part of your progress shifts over to the full game.
Probably a money and item bundle bonus. An armor set or a Mitama would be great tho

I suppose so. I don't play many demos after all.
though I'm actually playing the DQ Builders demo now, and i'm gonna play Berseria's in a bit as well

That's kinda what i'm hoping for. Moreso a special Mitama than anything, since armor can get outclassed quickly.

I do hope that somewhere down the line, whatever patent is on those memory cards expires and cheap third party ones can start being made and bought. Considering how Sony treats the Vita, I can see them just not bothering with producing more themselves, at least as far as intent to ship them west goes. Would be a damn shame if the system eventually becomes unplayable should still working memory cards become scarce.

I remember with Tales of Vesperia PS3, for whatever reason, running the game as is from the disc caused stuff like enemies and collect nodes on the overworld to not load correctly (the 360 version was fine in comparison on that end if memory serves; maybe the extra content on the PS3 one bogged it down?), while running the install from the start menu fixed that. However, that install was entirely optional, unlike the current trend towards "you must install this 3/6/10GB (or more; I'm not sure what PS4 games average) game file to even play the game at all" types.

30-40+GB.

Damn, and that's disc-installed ones, not just full digital? I haven't kept tabs on what sizes of memory are available for the PS4, but if the games are that big I can't see people being able to play all that many before they have to delete the data. Makes me miss the days where the game on the disc (or cart) was what you got and could play straight from it, and the only memory you needed to worry about was for save data, as opposed to patches, system updates, game installs, and DLC.

I believe it's the same size, regardless, but I could be wrong.

I've lived too long

Forgive me, I was thinking mostly in terms of disc based games. You're right though in regards to cartridges. Even up through the DS/DS Lite, cart based handhelds didn't need their own memory cards. The PSP understandably required a memory stick due to the medium, but even with the return to cartridges for the Vita, it seems far too few allow for actual on cart-saving.

bastion came out on dec 2015(that said, the trophy app also nags me about system update, also, doesn't molecular/vita shell spoof 3.63?)

anyway: got this error when trying to install Mortal Kombat(just to test buttons, SFxT netted me shoulder buttons pressing on their own): 0x80101137

Another decade? Patents at least expire permanently unlike copyright but they still last a while.

Do any? I'd be pretty damn surprised if that's the case.

It doesn't work anymore. PSN is not accessible on outdated Vitas. You can set up and link an account to it, and as I tried, use a PS3 as a way to download PSN games/DLC to your Vita, but that's all.

Ah man, finally beat P4G.
The True Ending was absolutely worth it the extra hassles. Not quite as good as Persona 3 Portable, but pretty damned good still. The music that played during Marie's boss fight was pretty rad.
I didn't expect to feel so satisfied after beating it, but man this is great.
Now i'm just looking forward to Persona 5 so much more.

I think I'm gonna try my hand at Trillion again now. It's about time I finally put this game in my backlog to rest as well. I only got the bad ending last time, and I truly say I've beaten the game if all I got was the worst ending.

I think I've heard that a few, like Muramasa Rebirth, save to the cart instead of the memory card, but I could be wrong.

Yeah, Vita cards were designed with an optional writable partition. This can be used for both save data AND updates, which is very convenient.
Sadly, most games don't make use of this. Sony probably charges waaaay more for writable carts and they're too happy overjewing their overpriced memcards instead.
Games that make use of this partition that I know of are Muramasa, Mortal Kombat and Ragnarok Odyssey.

This adds extra convenience since it allows you to resume your game even on another Vita, but you won't trigger trophies while using them with a different profile.
Normally, data stored in this partition can't be backed up except with the PS+ feature, but with HENkaku you can do this.

God speaking of Muramasa…
No niceness goes unpunished it seems. Guess I'm sticking with the pirate copy.

Yeah, unfortunately DLC is locked to whatever the region of the PSN was and requires a game from the same region to use. Though, PAL DLC occasionally syncs with asia/pacific physical copies of various games.

you mean the spoof right?
anyway: how do i fix this: 0x80101137
(in b4 i can't)

I mean the spoof. Your error seems a common issue with that game just from looking up that code. I've never used anything Vitamin so can't help with that.

Also OP can we get a pastebin about Vita hacking so we don't get the same questions over and over? Topics:
>possibly any

store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/only-on-playstation-sale/cid=STORE-MSF77008-FRANCHSALEGAMEG|platform~vita|

finally some games I actually want are on sale

not even using vitamin, just vanilla vitashell, guess i'll need to get that, fuck.
i'm all ok with a paste and a chatroom(mostly because places like gbatemp and wololo turned out to be lethargic as fuck)

Couldn't help you. I just sub as OP here and there, and also I'm a filthy goyim so I haven't kept with the pirate scene on Vita at all.

Unfortunately, I haven't been keeping up with the Vita hacking scene for a long while now, not hardly since it first debuted with henkaku.
I'm sorry. A better OP would be more on top of this I suppose, sorry you guys are stuck with me.

same

Um… You're not just trying to install a vpk game dump using molecularshell/vitashell are you?

Well that's sort of a Mitama bonus at least

better than nothing I suppose.

Digital, physical, you have to install it to the hard drive either way due to read speeds on Blu-Ray drives not being fast enough for gaming. The problem is somewhat alleviated with the newest PS4 firmware update allowing external drives to be used, but the issue still remains.

Those games are less than 15 dollars if you just buy them physically. HSG has been less than 10 dollars for years. Although at those prices, it's a steal.

I'm intending to do it, maybe not in time for next thread but soon. I just wanted feedback on what it should contain. I think I covered the major parts.

Look where that got me.

Not him but I did actually do that once with a VPK dump when a Mai torrent game had a broken update file.

The price of the system has really skyrocketed since it went out of production. Where can I get one cheap?

aren't they still making it in Japan?

Dunno but it's 100 dollars more than it used to be even on playasia.

Going to be sad if the day comes that the local multimedia chain I know of asking $350 for used Vitas (which they've done for years now) becomes "average".

They just started producing new colors for it last year, it's definitely still alive.

I'll reveal my source just for Vitagen.

MTC Factory outlet

I bought 2 Vitas and a PS3 from them, they all work great and are in good to excellent condition.

I have a lot of stuff to play right now so I could pass wait till next weeks sale etc

I say wait for the flash sale for more (maybe) interesting deals.

I liked it. For 3 dollars you can't go wrong, even if multiplayer is dead.

woahoh. the thread's already almost at the limit? Wow. That was pretty fast. The thread was just made a little over a week ago.

A pretty piss boring game. But I guess it'd actually be worth $3.

I'm still fucking salty over the fact that they removed the ability to create custom voice lines for your partner in this game. They didn't even say they were doing it beforehand, and there are instructions and conversations in the game about how to set up the shit they removed.

Building a custom waifu AI partner with special voicelines was the entire draw of the game for me, and they silently removed half of that.

yeah. Even tho NISA a SHIT, next bread could be 2hu related. There is also a free theme on the psn.
store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/themes/touhou-genso-wanderer-playstationvita-theme/cid=UP1063-PCSE00990_00-ETH0000000001004

hey that's a pretty nice-looking theme actually. Thanks for sharing that info

If I make it a 2hu related, it's awoo or nothing

don't lewd the awoo. Headpats, hugs, and cuddling only.

i'm kidding. I'd fuck Momiji like a dog in heat.

also, are any of you guys using the gitgud link the OP at all? i haven't touched it since that torfag user talked me into making one in the first place. I still feel pretty silly from doing that honestly since I had no idea what I was doing with that in the first place.

But I was considering removing that link completely from the OP. I'd still leave the other links of course.

That cancer of a company can't even get themes right. I wouldn't even use that theme if they paid me to use it.

i just use the skittles and music for themes, and then my own screenshots or other wallpapers for each background. It's got some nice music too.

The only themes I have are the Garou Mark of the Wolves and The Last Blade 2 ones since they were free with the games.
Good song choices, good skittles, 10/10 art and no trademark bullshit

I like the Last Blade 2 theme, i use it for my PS4. And yeah, the trademarks on the theme images are pretty lame but it doesn't bother me since I use my own images anyway tbh I haven't seen the Garou theme though.

Too lazy to clear up the skittles, but this is it

that's pretty good. I'm surprised it goes on for that many screens too

Shit, I want it. Can you get PSN themes on HENkaku though? Are custom themes even a thing?

Hate how some games do that with screenshots, and that they're "jpeg the strongest" QUALITY.

that shit is the worst no matter how small they make it, especially if they add the game's logo

sheesh the entire game's logo? That's pretty bad. Pisses me off when the trademark/copyright shit cuts off dialogue too.

I was hoping with the plugins to overclock the vita on 3.60 someone would come up with a way to remove the logos and screenshot as png.

There is a Vita theme manager it turns out, and the available ones are even fairly decent for the most part, except that all 4 I wanted to try have ear-raping music and there's no "no BGM" option like there is for the 3DS theme manager. I'll strip it out manually. Guess it's another thing to add to the CFW paste.

Also I take it back, why is Aya and Momiji "friends" they hate each other.

Can't you disable the system music in the Sound & Display section of system setting?

You can but that's just silence. I actually really like the standard Vita BGM it's relaxing. At least it's easy to remove bad music from a theme, just remove the one line in the XML and delete the music file and it'll use the standard BGM.

new thread lads

fug

Anyone else think that if the Switch continues to sell well and eats up the Vita's market in Japan Sony will announce a PS4-Portable. That will essentially a PS4 Slim in a switch-like config that will act as a pseudo-successor to the Vita? Would Vita people be happy with this if it was also able to play Vita games somehow?