DEEPEST LORE

DEEPEST LORE

I'm assuming both pictures are from the same game? If anything, the first looks better.

Holy fuck what a casual game

Even with that many there's still shit that can one-shot you

Enemies are not limited to a heart of damage per strike. If you've got shit armor, a mid-level enemy can hack away eight at a time.

Get your eyes checked, the first one obviously has better graphics.

Shit, you're right.

How`s Switch working out for you, nigger

Mein volk.

LOL

decent bait

10/10 I will use that sometime

So now you're moving the goalposts and saying it's full of artificial difficulty?

Then what's with the fences in the middle?

It's not moving the goalposts, it's merely SWITCH™ing their position.

Those are from the jumping course Malon can set up for you.

You called it casual because of the amount of health and it was explained that even with that much health you can't steamroll the game because enemies can still easily kill you. How is that moving the goalposts?

botw is a blurry mess

Need to recheck my Official Zelda Timeline™

Use this.

PC ALWAYS WINS BABEH

see that grin?
it's a Voltorb eye

Oh no

But can you climb that eye?

It would be extremely painful

I see

zelda games have always been casual as fuck.

Is this bait or a reddit refugee?

Zelda has been doing this since Zelda II. The whole map of Zelda I is a tiny part of Zelda II.

Either way, its cancer and should be ignored.

How dare you interrupt a high level discussion.

post it

We're not being raided again, are we?

The Zelda 2 map is the top right corner of the BotW map in Akkala.

Makes me laugh every time.

This is pretty well-known by now

DEEPEST

Anouma said they're more inspired by the octorocks in TLoZ, because they appeared to be huge to him on the NES

Laughable

That's a hell of a stretch

I hate it when you fags refer to emulation as ports.

So when exactly does BotW happen in the timeline?

It's really not, the farthest Northern point in Zelda 1 is Death Mountain, which is in the South in Zelda 2. The locations of the graveyard, lakes, and Spectacle Rock also make the connection much more clear

There's a lot of things suggesting it's the end of the Child Timeline, but it could also be a converged timeline with a converged world that merged at some point prior to BOTW. That or it could all be a dream, based on how the world has locations from Link's Awakening and the Ballad of the Windfish can be heard in some of the music

Wow that old windfish art looks so beautiful. All the weeb stuff in today's promotional art is just caveman scribes by comparison.

can i tread on snek

You'd have to be nearly done with the game to have that many.

Look up Terada's concept art for Zelda. It's the perfect blend of Japanese and Western fantasy romanticism mixed with a pinch of Conan the Barbarian.

its clearly done with irony

like if i said i buy all my games from the pirate bay

you must be autism to not get this

You can finish the game without picking up any hearts or completing any dungeons aside from those on the Great Plateau. You get a different ending for it too.

In Memory #1 Zelda refers to Skyward Sword, Ocarina of Time, and Twilight Princess when knighting Link as the Hero, which suggests the game is in the child timeline.

Link to the Past also matches up very well with Zelda I. The last few comparisons here might be stretching it a little, but at least a few of them are clearly on purpose.

Didn't let me post the image for some reason.

Reminds me a bit of some of Moebius' work.

It's pretty obviously in a world after OOT and Twilight Princess happened, but yeah it has stuff from other points like the Rito.

They all are standalone games that reference eachother, you fucking plebs. There is no lore.

DEEPEST LORE

Wow, that second image looks so washed out, it's sickening. That's BotW?! OoT is a better looking game because I can fucking look at it without getting fucking nauseous. Are you really telling me BotW shipped with graphics that make me, a lifetime gamer, genuinely sick, and no one and Nintendo caught it?

If you play the games in order it's pretty clear almost all of the time. Zelda II very clearly is a sequel to Zelda I. Ocarina of Time is very clearly a direct prequel to Link to the Past. Majora's Mask, Wind Waker, and Twilight Princess are all direct sequels to Ocarina of Time.

If you actually play the games, the timeline is easy. Link to the Past is the one with the least connection to the games before it, and nobody ever acts confused by that one.

it's literally nothing like it tho

Holy shit calm down its just one picture dude.

How dont you know what the game actually looks like? Google the game and see it for yourself and get a better perspective Mr. Lifetime gamer.

Holy shit that is some new level of stupid.

This topic reminds me of how there's a timeline to the Wild Arms and Final Fantasy games, but "fans" claim there is no timeline (Despite the game creators even hinting at one).

I'm making a point. I've watched gameplay and it genuinely makes me sick after a couple hours, it's so washed out and dull and the dark greens and muddy browns in the overworld, and neon objects peeking through dark greys in the shrines… It's absolutely sickening.

I like the variety of bright colors, it makes things pretty and easy to see. I guess its just you. I played 109 hours and i was fine the entire time.

WW HD though was undoubtedly a concentrated blast of cancer to my eyeballs, I got used to it though.

You're a faggot pussy with a weak stomach. Man up, bitch boy.

Is there any reference to Link's Awakening? Even a passing mention, just anything.

I promised I would return to save her.

Is this another version of "i'm literally shaking with rage"? I'm not even going to say it doesn't look like shit, but you're fucking pathetic if a video game makes you nauseous.

And landmark locations from Ocarina of Time link up a bit with Link to the Past. Each game, you're playing on a smaller portion of the map. But it makes sense because, story wise, Hyrule is expanding over time.

Call me when it can be played on PC

you're telling me they aren't?

see the spoiler in

(checked)
Yes, there are references to most other Zelda games (with minor mispellings to account for lingual drift over time which the word nerd in me finds super fucking sexy). There's a place called Malin's Bay, for example, and an Island with Koholit Peak (which has one of the best challenges in the game).
If you look up there are birds flying over Malin's Bay 90% of the time

If the names in BOTW are to be taken seriously and not as simply easter eggs, the other various lands like Holodrum and Labrynna existed just outside of Hyrule and were joined via continental drift this far in to the future. But I prefer the "they're all just retellings of the same legend with references thrown in" version instead of the autistic timeline sperging.

They can't all be retellings, since Ocarina of Time is very clearly a retelling of the legend that makes the backstory of Link to the Past. And the backstory of Wind Waker is also clearly a retelling of Ocarina of Time. And then some, like the DS games, are just plain very regular sequels that aren't at all hard to follow.

Who is Dan? How does he fit into the Zelda timeline?

It all makes sense now

No dude,Dan's the guy on Triforce Heroes that couldn't get in the castle.

He's the hero from BS The Legend of Zelda: Ancient Stone Tablets, the one game where you actually don't play as Link.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

indeed
Tards here trying to sound smart mentioning fallacies and they don't even know how to use them

My headcanon is that if he could, voltorb would constantly be screaming with sheer unbridled rage, but he has no mouth to do so

How long has nintendo been incorporating their own devices into their games? Especially Zelda games?
Earliest I can remember is perhaps Wind Waker

If you consider the rumble pack a device, then it's at least since OoT

It depends on which version you play. For some reason the Switch version has extremely washed out colors compared to the Wii U version despite being on supposedly superior hardware.

Links hands are fucking enormous in the 2nd image

Ah yes, forgot about that.
We got any examples from other games though?
Was this some cute thing they decided to do in the N64 era just to promote peripherals?

holy shit WHO CARES its a shit game for kids!!

GET OUT, GET OUT RIGHT NOW
Just finished rewatching it last night, now going to binge on the gaiden.

I want to erase Dan Owsen.

They're great.