So who else collects Amiibo here?

So who else collects Amiibo here?

Other urls found in this thread:

gonintendo.com/stories/276009-4-smash-bros-amiibo-cpsia-certificates-surface
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Meh, I prefer actual statues myself. been considering getting this one.

I got a wolf link one as a gift but then my dog chewed it up and I decided there was no point

I am collecting them so that when Nintendo's finally done making Amiibos, I can hotglue every single one and then give them away to toy charities.

I'm not saying they're in the same category. One is a premium collectible meant for display only and the other is a toy-to-life collectible with a functionary purpose aside from displaying.

I also have a small collection of Nintendo-themed Figmas and Nendoroids, but that's another topic altogether.

Some are neat, like the 8-bit Link that was released last December.

Consider suicide. Im serious

What is wrong with you user.

Only a true autist would view everything that seems inflammatory to him as "bait."

I have mewtwo, charizard, inkling girl, link, callie and marie, breath of the wild zelda, and another inkling girl green

I'm hoping they release an amiibo of Mario's hat from Odyssey. That one's gonna be the first to get it.

I have Megaman, Shovel Knight, Silver Mario, and a boxed Mario and Luigi signed by Charles Martinet.

user you are a sick man.
Do not sexualize the hat.

yeah but still, I don't really like how it hides essential content like espiona on BoTW

I wonder if a reviewer could get away with making a joke about a corporate shill killing himself nowadays.

I got several for Christmas and picked up the Splatoon ones because there wasn't any decent Merch and likely never will be.

The first batch of Amiibos were ugly as sin and definitely half assed. They've gotten better, but I still don't think they are quite worth the trouble. Using them as quasi DLC still doesn't sit well with me.

Epona isn't essential content in BotW. You can catch wild horses and ride bears.

>GIVING NINTENDO MONEY AFTER THEY JUMPED ON THE CANCER PAID ONLINE BANDWAGON

seriously, FUCK consoles, FUCK steam on PC, FUCK DRM, FUCK ea, ubisoft, bethesda, and dlc whores.

FUCK THIS FUCKING VIDEOGAMING WORLD THAT SUCKS SHIT NOW.

please people, support FOSS linux gaming

we must be made by the community, for the community. free and fun.

look at minetest. look at what others have done just with modded halo CE alone for example.

we must FREE OURSELVES

I just spent 100 dollars buying epona statue on amazon. Who are you to say its not essential content. kys

I don't, for two reasons
1. I don't collect statues or other (((geek culture))) merchandise because it appears childish and is unrelated to my enjoyment of the original material
2. Amiibos are basically physical dlc and very rarely give the games they are used with any additional value in terms of gameplay or content

Muh nigga, I got this bad boy at $40 shekels in ebay a long time ago. Now I need to buy a belldandy statue.

So why then do people complain about Amiibos putting essential content behind a paywall, then?

Is it too much or too little? What's the argument?

Kindly fuck off.

So here's my collection. I'm still trying to come up with a permanent and decent display setup, so they're hanging out here in the meantime.

Yeah, naw. I'm not an autistic hoarder. I did however buy the squid sister because I like splatoon and that's some of the only merch for it, and I was gifted a wii fit trainer one because I maimed her for a while in smash 4.

And here are the newest ones.

The Guardian Amiibo is really nice.

That's what drones tell you when you complain.
That's reality.

Fucking paywall.

My gf gave me Ness, Shovel Knight, Samus, Link, boy inkling, Bowser, Bowser jr. and Dr Mario. After that I gained a little interest on them and purchased Wholly Yoshie and K.K. Slider

They don't provide any real usefulness in any game that I have but some of them are pretty cute and im a sucker for cute stuff
Also

There's no winning against that one because either they have good/important content so it's bullshit they're behind a pay wall, or the content is inconsequential so they're not worth it.

It's literally both.

Something important to the game locked behind a physical paywall while not being worth paying fucking $15. If Amiibos could come up as permanent insurance for DLC dependent on having internet and the servers still working years from now, I'd be less harsh to an in principle neat collectible idea.

Like why the fuck can't the DLC characters for SSB4 also have their data stored in their collectible statue?

Probably because the characters are released with entire updates, so having a late DLC character will work but only if you have an earlier one to apply the previous updates, as well as the fact the chips in the amiibos probably don't hold more than a few megabytes of data.

I just wanted the Bayonetta one but it never happened

I buy them for my kid. They're great toys, as he can suck on them now and still keep them as action figures when he will be older. And they're cheaper than the goddamn plushies.

But please, let's have a parade of teens boasting they're big boys now. Go to bed already, son.

post hotglues

If you're going to have special content, especially for a series like Super Smash Bros with an ever changing and guest starring roster, then there needs to fucking be something that ensures you can always access those download only characters long after the game has died out and ended support. Amiibos could have and should have been exactly this.

I could buy myself a super mario lego and call it a day. (Actually I bought Wario and Dr. Mario amiibos, so I could hope to unlock their respective games in the amiibo app)

It's both, and differs depending on amiibo and the individual's opinion. To use BotW as an example:
- generic non-Zelda amiibo get you some items you can also get just by hunting and gathering ingame. Nothing exclusive, and some people think this makes amiibo not worth it.
- the BotW Zelda amiibo get you generic items and some rarer items that can still be found ingame otherwise. Useful early on, but some people still complain it's not worth it.
- Smash Link, Smash Toon Link, OoT Link and 8-bit Link get you exclusive clothing and Epona, a horse with max stats in everything. Nothing you need per se to play the game (other clothing and horses are available), but you can't get these otherwise, leading to the physical dlc and paywall complaints.
- Wolf Link is the worst offender in that it offers an AI companion to go hunting and fighting with. You can't do this with dogs or wolves found ingame, it's an entire mechanic locked behind the figure. Physical dlc and paywall complaints ensue.

The big problem is the difference in philosophies. Some people want amiibo to be entirely voluntary, just some optional figures that can give your gameplay a slight boost instead of locking content away, and some people want amiibo to unlock exclusive features, probably as a way of validating their cost. As such, amiibo are forever a juggling act that will always piss off someone.

I only wanted a Lucas one.

How much have you spent on all of those?

$17 each for the 4
$23 for the guardian
tax included

I meant for all of your amiibos all together.

Got the Chibi-Robo one with the game for €20. The game was not worth it.

I bought ones for characters from franchises I like that dont get a lot of cool merch. I got Captain Falcon plus the fire emblem ones and thats it. The Falcon one is actually really nice, its probably the nicest F Zero merch you can buy thats official as sad as that is.

I have 5 of them (Captain Falcon, Samus, Link, Zelda and Wolf Link/Midna) and I don't know why. They're pretty much useless beyond small pointless DLC things in some games that usually aren't even any good. I can't see why anyone would go through the trouble and money to collect them all.

Idiot consumerism for anything with Nintendo's name on it

I WILL NEVER STOP BEING ANGRY ABOUT THIS FUCKING GAME.

I recognize those shelves, aren't you the user who's copy of Bloodborne got shop'd into Loss?

The Wooly World Yoshi was way too fucking cute for me to not get. It didn't help the game was so comfy. Even if scouring some levels for the collectibles burns me out. I don't really have any others besides an inkling one.

I only bought the Animal Crossing ones because I'm an autist I hot glued Blathers I always thought he was a female

So many people fell for the overpriced McDonalds toy meme. Good thing I quit Nintendo after maturing.

Nigga you gay.

Get the glass case you can find at ikea. I have one of those that contain a few pop figures and my Megaman and Protoman "build it" figures

It looks good and easy goes with any house set up

My mom brought me the Smash bros Wario for Christmas, she mentioned something about it beforehand and I was hoping it was the Super Mario Bros Wario.

So far I have the Inklings, Squid, Smash Wario, Duck Hunt, Mario, Luigi, Cyrus and Reese. Wolf Link

I want Wario, Waluigi, Bokoblin, Wind Waker Link, Wind Waker Zelda, Ocarina of time Link, Box Boy, Chibi-Robo, both the main characters for Fire Emblem Echoes, Callie and Marie, maybe a few more.

I will buy if they come into existence, every Centinel they produce not including duplicates, all the DK Amiibo's sans professor Chops if a set of DK Amiibo are ever released, all the Knights in Shovel Knight if Shovel Knight gets a complete Amiibo set, every unit in Advance Wars and every infantry unit in Batallion Wars, all the Pikmin types and Olimar if Pikmin Amiibo are made, not Smash versions, Travis Touchdown and Shinobou, Jack Cayman, any SMT Amiibo that get made, Bomberman. That's all I can think of.

I just bought that very amiibo for $37
The japan import to be exact.
Tried ebay and it is just.

I normally only buy them when they go on sale at my local electronic store that nobody goes to.
For $7 at most.
But sadly some amiibo are store exclusive and what not.
Out of curiosity I checked the prices of all the ones I do have that feet pretty good.
They make $35 sound very reasonable.

I tell myself I'm not crazy because I'm just trying to buy all the zelda ones.
Outside of the new ones I just need 3 more.
2 I can still buy in a store.
The 3rd doesn't really have a reasonably priced japanese import or ebay auction so I'll just be checking ebay for a while, waiting for my frugality to exceed my patience.

gonintendo.com/stories/276009-4-smash-bros-amiibo-cpsia-certificates-surface

There's been a lot of re-releases of some previously scalptier ones, do you think they'll re-release Smash Rosalina or not bother because Switch despite its faults is going to print money for them from now on?

I bought a **mega* wool yoshi

did someone say hotglue

I bought Samus amibo because it was muh waifu and it was cheap, in more ways then one that is.
That shit is tiny, hair is shit and her painted face was so wonky i considered throwing it in the trash.
Never bought another one.

Did anyone ever make a tg for amiibos

Because they're neat lil' statuettes of your favorite Nintendo characters? Even if the build quality is shit.

Feels good man