Mouse and Keyboard

Mouse is starting to fail in both buttons any recommendations for wireless and wired mouse?

Other urls found in this thread:

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA85V3DK6712
geekhack.org/index.php?topic=56240.0
archive.is/BXR9w
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I recommend throwing it into le trash
finalmouse.com

don't
Microsoft Intellimouse
Stay away from Razer like the plague and don't listen to razerfags.
Any logitech MX model, like a MX310 or MX500
Remember to overclock your USB ports, any mouse should be able to do at least 2khz.
There are more good ones from brands like MSI, zotac and some others but the ones i listed are actually all of the modern mouses i had, I had some 90s shit then i got an intellimouse and then a logitech MX510.

Wired Logitech

Something flashy, overpriced and with plenty of LEDs so we can have at least ten more of these cancer threads.

Logitech G402/G403

I bought razer and every time I see a thread like this I must come in and express how regretful I am.
Why the fuck did I buy this overpriced piece of shit? I am a fool.

don't
if you insist on using wireless, go for the Logitech M570
Logitech Trackman

Trackball > Mouse

dm2 comfy or anything with a 3310/3330/3360/3366 sensor really

I'm currently using the Microsoft Intellimouse 3.0 chink edition. It has Chinese characters on the bottom. Scroll wheel is free and loose at times, so get something else, but everything else about it is nice. I was using a Logitech MX500 but the left click was going, and I needed another mouse before I bothered trying to fix it.

Intellimouse is 400dpi, so that means you need to move your whole arm to use it. MX500 is higher, so you can get away with just moving your wrist. I think the Intellimouse has a better sensor. It's also optical, so you can blind people with it.

Logitech G502

Just increase/decrease windows' or your game's sensitvity. DPI is meant to depict how much the mouse can differ tiny movements and is almost completely meaningless on how good a mouse is because sensors that can actually do the really high dpis some devices have don't exist and what they do is interpolate, and even on a high dpi sensor it almost doesn't matter anyway because there are a trillion more important things.

my nigga

I only mentioned it because 400 is so low, which means you have to change how you move the mouse. Also, changing Windows sensitivity from 6 is a very bad thing. The cursor will skip around completely over parts of the screen, it's the worst thing you can do. Increase it and then try and change the volume with your cursor by 1 tick, it'll skip up.

There are probably the best mouse and keyboard I've ever had, and they cost less than $10 all together.

Had a Logitech G300 for a long time, after it started dying I replaced it with a G300s and it's great. Just replaced my old keyboard with this TOMOKO cheapo, and I like it a lot. Really sturdy. Though I miss my media buttons so I've been thinking of buying a Das at some point in the far future.

All the flashy mouses are trash from what I've owned. Every time the left click dies and I dont even play mobas or rts games yet they last about a year max if I'm lucky. I've just got a Microsoft one now.

I managed to play Hotline Miami 1 with a mouse and a controller.

You need Joy2Key, Steam I know, any controller, and a copy of Hotline Miami.
1) map the buttons in Joy2Key.
2) map the buttons in Big Picture Mode
3) play Hotline Miami in Big Picture Mode
4) press the guide button
5) select turn off controller

Spend the money instead on a soldering iron, teach yourself to solder and stop letting a $.50 part make you replace your mice forever.

Why would you ever want to do this.

What is point

I'm bad at the wasd.

Also, some old games won't let you remap the controller like the old Grim Fandango.

There's a tick that just doubles the sensitivity and has no interpolation, i don't remember which though.

So it can manipulate the length, width, depth and time of things on the computer?

His tiny mind will never understand the dimensions 2 wheels bring up.

Its like you dont want to have a small cute wireless mouse for you toaster laptop

Be calm, user. You were just being sent on a ruse cruise.

I use Logitech K120 and Steelseries Rival 100. It's okay.

Currently running a Zowie FK2, I highly recommend it.

Gross.

they are way too tiny

We need to make a trackball that works with a dude's balls. That way every man has their own trackball.

Get one like the EC2-A then.

Oh, so you never wanted a good mouse.
Try Razer then, they are not exactly good, but they are aesthetically pleasing.

Don't regret it at all.

I regret it immensely

Grim Fandango assumes that you are using this.

best fucking controller back in the day

I remember hearing that Overwatch for the PS4 and Xbox One can't play with a mouse and keyboard without an special adapter. I'm just wondering… why? The mouse and keyboard is the most common input device. Why are consoles with a lot of shitty FPS unable to natively support mouse and keyboard for gaming? I understand Nintendo not doing it because they don't have much PC multiplats but why?

Razerfag here. Razer mice are shit and use the same shit microswitches as the rest of the pack. They will fail sooner or later. Perhaps the scroll wheel will fail first? :O

I'm just addicted to having a number pad under my mouse thumb.

I guess what would be great is a numeric pad that I can stick onto the side of a real mouse.

It's shit.

Hang yourself

I guess that would make me angry and belligerent too.

Casual scum

Clikty clack

Poorfags, everyone.

My next keyboard I build will have Zealistotles

After buying a bag of aristotle switches from chinda to test in gateron housing I am in love
So clicking and tactile and apprently slightly better in zeal housings

I know that keyboard. Commission a Miranda keycap.

MAXIMUM ERGODRIVE

How many degrees of freedom are you on?

I DON'T KNOW HOW THIS WORKS BUT FUCK IT

how deep should we go

At first I thought you wrote

That looks more like a bionicle than a mouse.

So how do you go about cleaning your oppai-pad?

I tried using it for awhile but no matter how clean you are it will get dirty from your wrist wresting on it
To clean just warm water and hand soap works fine

I dont use it anymore though and instead just got it on display

The same way you should be cleaning a traditional mousepad.

There you go, it's good as new. You should already be doing this every other month you slob.

Thanks for the tip, user. Mousepad feels far better now. Been trying to think of a good way to clean all the dirt and grime and shit that causes it to slide around on my desk without trashing the mousepad and this did the trick.>>12124594

My tools of choice, btw

So how come the one with the wire is significantly more expensive than the one without?

Glad to hear it. There are way too many fags here that use filthy, greasy mousepads and never clean them.

One is actively being stocked by Amazon, the other is discontinued and being sold by a (((third-party seller))) at a massively inflated price.

I got this for a huge bargain.
It's a bootleg Chinese piece of shit with useless glowy lights and software that steals the mouse cursor directly from World of Warcraft, pixel-for-pixel.
And yet it functions better and has lasted longer than a Razer deathadder (recommended to me by some retard tier list on Holla Forums). That """"gaming"""" product's scrollwheel wore out in under a year.
This thing is still going strong though. Fucking Chinese sweatshop magic.

The cheaper one gives you blue balls.

That M570 is better than any goddamn expensive gaming mouse I have ever owned.

They are selling the logitech m90 at 5 shekels, should i buy it or is it shit?

Can't believe I used to like Logitech but I didn't know any better

blatantly shilling pckeyboard.com and for mouse get a M$ intellimouse 3.

>Instantly kicked and later banned for looking like I'm aimbotting whenever I place the pen to the tablet.

I use a K400+
Works fine.

No doubt. I've had this mousepad for almost 4 years though it doesn't feel nearly that long.

that mouse was my life for like 15 years.

The only problem is that the mouse buttons started double and triple clicking so much at the end of its life.

What's wrong with it?

Also we had this thread not too long ago and the answer is cheap ass Chinese gaming mice.
They come with what you need and no bullshit (actually the last mouse thread was about how Razerfags couldn't change their settings since the servers were down)

Because anyone using a gamepad will be DESTROYED by those using kb+m. So they have to keep 'em separated.

I just got these off amazon, all for $60 and I'm loving them so far. The mouse is long enough and doesn't give me any problems or anything but it's the keyboard.
This is my first mechanical keyboard and I like the clacky sound it makes when hitting a key.
What keyboard should I get after this one?

Also when I move my mouse my computer freezes then the mouse jumps to where I moved it to. This has been happening for a while even before the new mouse and I have updated all of my drivers. Does anyone know what the problem could be?

subjective list of acceptable mouses by fucking nobody from Holla Forums (me)

criteria:
sub 100g
at least 3310
ambidextrous

so:
Zowie FK1, FK2 and more; Zowie is your greatest ally
any revision of Finalmouse
G900, G303
Mionix Castor

everything else is garbage and should be thrown into le thrash

enjoy your shit mouse and raifu selection m8

Sub-humans please go

If you were truly ambidextrous then using a mouse with your right hand wouldn't even be a concern :^)

What are you talking about? I pick that because it's comfy for my grip.
Most of the time ergonomic mouses are asymmetrical and feels like garbage.

Wut?

They're only gonna run you $50 at most and for that you get a wired mouse with a DPI and side buttons, are better put together then anything Razer is putting out for more then twice the price. Don't knock 'em till you try them.

G502 is better.

At MOST, learn to read. They usually run $15 here in Syrupland.

No shit, part of the appeal of Chinese gaming mice is they do the job pretty well for very little outlay.

Friendly reminder not to buy chinese as they are trying to eat up western hardware manufacturers.

I'm gonna throw my hat in the ring here, in hopes that I might steer an user in the right direction. I used a cheap Chinese gaymen mouse for about four years until recently, pictured here. I think it cost something like $40 when I first got it, and I thought I was getting away with murder at that price. It was honestly a decent little mouse for the money, but it slowly came back to bite me in the ass over the years. The main mouse buttons began to feel soft, the middle mouse button just stopped working altogether, and after a certain point there was a chance it'd freak out and fuck with my computer at any given moment. I'd have to reach around my PC and unplug it if I wanted it to stop throwing a shit fit, I think it had something to do with the polling rate but either way it was just another symptom of the thing finally wearing down.

I basically drove it into the ground until recently, when I finally decided I needed a new mouse. I went with one of the mice mentioned here on strong recommendation from friends who also had them,

and I'm kicking myself for not doing it sooner. The price was a little more but still comparable ($60), and the difference in quality is massive. Everything just feels solid as a rock, the build quality is simply fantastic. Feels built to last, whereas the other one I had felt like it was built cheaply in hopes that it would break just after the warranty expired.

Spend your shekels as you please, but if you're going to spend a decent chunk of time on your PC then don't step over a dollar for a dime on the mouse. If you want a cheap one, just go to any thrift store and pick up a wired Dell POS for next to nothing. Don't spend 30 times as much on one in an extravagant plastic housing with jagged buttons sticking out of every crevice. Cheap Chinese mice are nice, until you realize the sensor is probably shit and the thing feels like it was put together by a 12 year old with a gun trained on his temple. You don't need a mouse with 35 fucking buttons on it that says it'll suck your dick like a starving whore, just get something solid and simple that you can rely on for years to come. And for the love of everything good and decent on god's green earth,

NEVER buy a Razer product.

If flashing rainbow LEDs are enough to distract you from the fact that they're cheaply made hunks of shit at a premium price then there's no helping you.

A4Tech Mouse

it's nice

oh, and under 40 bucks
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA85V3DK6712

Also I just read the thread a little and I think its chinese too

geekhack.org/index.php?topic=56240.0

List of acceptable mice here. It's about a year out of date, but you can also jewgle "3360 sensor mouse" for a lot of the newer ones coming out. Avoid laser sensors. They're usable, but they have inferior tracking compared to top quality optical sensors. Unfortunately, some of the best all around options are no longer made and you'll often find them at a ridiculous price.
In my experience, Zowie mice tend to have the best overall build quality, though they lack anything in the way of customization. Logitech has the best click latency and have several products with the 3366 sensor, which is the best currently on the market. The Razer DA has decent performance, but bad build quality, awful price, and Razer's spyware. If you want something with a similar shape, get the EC1-A, it's more or less the exact same shape, but lighter and no spyware. Steelseries is better than Razer, but still Gaymer tier. Roccat has a couple of decent performing mice, but they're all weirdly shaped. There are a bajillion other manufacturers with one or two different mice that might be worth looking into, but I don't have experience with them.
You should also buy a decent mouse pad. I know the rest of Holla Forums is filled with casualfags and will tell you not to waste money, but most good mouse pads are less than $20. If you're not a poorfag, that shouldn't fucking bother you.

The intellimouse hasn't been in production for the better part of a decade.

You're fucking stupid and don't understand anything about mice.

Windows sensitivity is a multiplier, so changing it is almost always a bad idea unless you want your mouse skip pixels. Don't.

Tried it once. The tracking is shit.

Nice double post, fagit. Really, though, that's all on point. Cheap chink mice are never the way to go in the long run.

my man
tfw sunlight shows you just how fucking gross your desk is

They're $60 on Amazon. That's right, your meh-tier "cheap" chinese mouse is $10 less than a quality G502.

How much of your blood does it take to use each time?

I've got a Logitech MX Master mouse. It's the shit, super comfortable and sturdy. Side wheel scroll is in a bit of a wank position but meh. It's sooo cumfurtable

my big brothers
tfw too poor for K70

GUYS
WHAT LEDS SHOULD PUT ON MY AUTIST KEYBOARD
THIS IS CRITICAL INFORMATION

It's true. I understand that some anons have had bad experiences with wireless, but the M570 works great on a laptop. The range is terrible.
I've never noticed any input lag. Despite what the amazon page says, the batteries only last 6 months (still not bad). The biggest advantage is that you can use it anywhere without having to worry about light being detected right on a surface.

archive.is/BXR9w
i don't think i could handle the headache

None, get a normal fucking keyboard.

I have that same mouse. I was pretty surprised by how quality it seems for being a 13 Trump-bucks chinese piece of shit.

1.8mm LEDs in the color you want
I always much prefer white because its more a aesthetic thing then MUH GAMER I NEED BACKLITES TO SEE KEYS
back lighting does look better its just a fact

Is this a mouse for your anus?

Why not repair it?

Oh vey! Just buy another one, goy!

my mouse wheel is starting to shit out. pretty hilarious when theres a fleshpound raging on my ass and my dude decides to whip out the peashooter starting pistol.
the buttons on my keyboards are faded but i dont give a shit, they still work and i know where everything is.

i actually did this recently, it was kind of a pain getting the spring back in perfectly but it works good as new. youll know you got it back in correctly by the sound it makes. if it seems like too much hassle you might not even have to take the spring apart if thats not the problem, just get some rubbing alcohol on a qtip in there dry it out and hope it cleans the contact.

the other thing to look out for is when youre ripping the sliding pads off the bottom of the mouse (since theres usually screws you need to undo hidden under them) make sure you dont fuck them up too bad.