Expected Elder Scrolls with good combat

50 hours in and I'm already bored as fuck.

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/id/eliashogstvedt
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Don't worry, after 1000 hours of buttfuck grinding and endless repetitive battles where you demolish the enemy with your rape train of knights and cheese sieges with crossbowmen, you'll win.
Warband is only good for multiplayer, anyhow.

you could have just done your research
i can expect call of duty from lego worlds but that doesn't mean shit, does it

I don't even want to win, it's all my companions who do 99.999% the combat and not me. There are occasional tournaments, but they aren't fun.

Jesus, user.
I give up on a game after 10-20. No use playing a game you don't enjoy for that long.

Outright stating that you got a whole 50hrs worth of gameplay from it doesn't help your argument at all.

Can't win with gays.

I got excited at first, it was like the greatest game ever, I cheated it and tried to assemble a 1000 man army, but it went downhill once you explored everything.

Did you not do a lick of research, you dumbfuck?

Sorry to hear that i didint expect skyrim since when i got hooked there was no skyrim to speak of.

What im i doing with my life

No one to blame but yourself

Anyone who likes the game should try Prophecy of pendor, but if you dislike vanilla you wont like it either.

Depends entirely on the game.
10hrs is about enough to decide whether you like M&B or not.
If you don't like it by then, playing for 40hrs more is just demented.

People actually play Warband for the single player? It's garbage, stop. Grab the Napoleonic Wars DLC and join the rest of us shitposters in multiplayer.

Or if you don't want to spend any shekels, Full Invasion 2 is a great multiplayer mod too. Just stop playing single player, it's shite.

Fuck everything about Napoleonic Wars

Aferim pasham' looks like a western gentleman of your higher taste caliber requires a game worthy of him.May i suggest Skyrim it has a radiant AI , endless quests and mountains of fun ; very , very cheap price just for you

I stopped playing when the big NA battle server that usually had 100+ players died.

Nice.

too lazy to make a mspaint comic about this but there ought to be a retort about people who assume those who disagree with them are just one person/hivemind

That's some time.

wow so… this is… the… Bannerlord audience.

obviously not if he didn't like it

Lol you nerd :)

MB is ok but it's really overrated, shit gets really stale and repetitive after awhile

Do they use something like SAM to make these hours? Is Valve okay with this?

Does it really matter? They're dedicated either way.

…? "dedicated" = sending false data to valve

You just use an idling program and keep it on for as long as you want. Even though the game itself isn't open and even though you may be playing something else at the same time, it will still count towards time.

yeah, the game begs for actual content. Mods are apparently the only good thing about it but I really don't care.

Drop it and move on OP, play a good game instead.

Such as?

You could say that about Bethesda's games too. Dumb nigger.

I just got nier automata and it's extraordinary, solid design throughout.

bethesda games have content, but unlike mount & blade's acceptable mechanics, it has disappointingly bland ones. I never mentioned Bethesda games, and they are universally terrible. Sounds like someone is a little insecure.

OP you massive faggot, vanilla singleplayer is meant as nothing more than a long, long tutorial. Either go multiplayer, or get mods.

Was that new multiplayer mode any good? I haven't played online in years at this point.

But user is right, M&B has the core gameplay down pat but it really could use more involved quests and more complex mid and late game interactions.

As it stands every game plays very similar.

Get the floris mod OP.
The base game is 7 years old now and it wasnt even a high budget game at the time.

Modding wont make it in to a fully polished modern console game which seems to be what you want but it does add small touches to every single facet of the game.

M&B singleplayer is one of those games where it's actually frustrating to play because the framework for a good game is there, but so many obvious features that would add replay value were under-explored or outright ignored.

Look no further.

This is how game series go to shit.

They create a good niche, get popular and then they start marketing the game towards people like OP who arent really the core audience for their game in the first place.
So you end up with a game that is some weird fusion between what is good and what customers want in their minds. Like a genetic experiment.

I'd be ashamed of bait this shit.

Elder Scrolls with good combat would still be shit. Bethesda has never made a good game aside from the Terminator games, because those were shooters.

What has happened to my Holla Forums?

At least the NPC's don't babble randomly and the world design isn't random town layout #2913.

Yeah, I've got mods, still isn't very exciting. MP is just random battles.

I puked a little tbh.

Nah, it would be the greatest game ever.

that's what mods are for
if you want more quests, play the clash of kings mod, that has a lot of lore-related quests that help you progress your character
example: quest chain for tyrion that eventually awards you with relatively good armour (although it requires a lot of strenght to wear)
or the quest chain for the night's watch, which eventually rewards you with a very powerful valeryan steel sword
and the quests themselves are good, very fun shit, not just "go deliver mail"
or you could try viking conquest or whatever the dlc was called, but i didn't like the recruitment system there

Someone b& this pleb already.

I wish there was a dungeon crawling mod.

Is this bait?

Now it's (2) you no taste faggot.

RPGs are intrinsically shit. RPG fans are SJW faggots. The Elder Scrolls are RPGs.

If you open multiple instances of the same game, or fool the steam api you have the time stacks up. For instance if you have gta san andreas open 4 times, in 1 minute you get 4 minutes towards your total play tme.

It's just a shitty bait topic. The sad part is how many people are replying.

Funny, that entirely sums up my experience with Skyrim, though it didn't even have RTS elements like Mountain Blade Warband.

Couldn't last twenty hours till the 'magic' and hype wore off of Skyrim for me. I'd say you got a good deal out of Warband.

My niche is AD 1257, also one I'd happily suggest…though it might need a few economic adjustments, I found a too-easy way to get rich early on.

Assuming this is real, how can you even play M&B for that long? Even with mods, the game just doesn't offer enough to justify this shit.

At least Skyrim has diverse areas and diverse loots to make exploration worthwhile.

You've taken the joke too far now lad.

Have you even played Skyrim? You're also still making the mistake of judging a game by the standard and qualities of a genre it doesn't belong to and wasn't intended to belong to. Mount and Blade is a war game, not and adventure game or an rpg. You're not meant to be lead by the nose by a string of quests. You're meant to form a warband and make your own way in the world. it's not Elder Scrols, was never meant to be Elder Scrolls and wasn't even advertised to be like Elder Scrolls.

More diverse than M&B, which are literally just armor x, ragged armor x, crude armor x, lordly armor x, etc being spawned in random shops.

Yeah, the set design of Skyrim is beautiful and relatively packed with stuff compared to other open world games, although not as well designed as Morrowind.

The fag who recommended me this game as a superior substitute for TES surely did.

I wish you guys didn't know about this game, none of you deserve it. You're just way too fucking stupid.

do no delude yourself into thinking mount & blade is remotely intelligent or has any sort of intelligence barrier. There's barely even a skill barrier.

Then this isn't your game. Go play an RPG.

If this is real, seek medical help.

I mean if you honestly thought the game was going to be like elder scrolls I'm amazed you even have the competence to install the game.

the problem with pretending any of these tasks requires skill or intelligence is it only makes you look retarded because you think it's a sort of achievement to click an icon

What are we even talking about now? I was just being facetious. Look pal, the bottom like is if you thought this game was gonna be like elder scrolls (why you would want it to be is far beyond me) then you either got very bad information or just are terrible at researching.

you do know we have IDs here, right?

Just because you're not OP doesn't mean you can't share his sentiments. I'll level with you, I think that the "elder scrolls" mentality comes from the idea that the one on one fights in mount and blade should be outstanding, but the AI is too stupid for that to be the case. That's why people like the multiplayer. However, I would argue that armies fighting with the player as the commander offers a different avenue for gameplay that "elder scrolls" players (like OP) absolutely hate. These are easy as hell on the lowest (and default) difficulty, but can be pretty challenging on the highest difficulty settings. Those will require the player to actually issue commands to troops and think a little bit about the structure of his army rather than jut charging everything with Calvary.

You just can't handle the combat system of Native you vile beggar.

Yeah, that's right. Rather than difficult though, I'm just not interested in leading an army. It has nothing to do with what Elder Scrolls has going for. I like traveling, customizing my character, and looting with occasional dungeon crawling, not this.

git gud

NW handles big teams more well, also artillery is fun. Too bad these days you have to sign up to be a nofun regiment faggot if you want to play.

Nah, I like walking simulators with shallow dungeon crawling.

You're retarded, they aren't even the same (sub)genre.
If anything it's an RPG with RTT battles.

Those trips, holy shit confirmed.

checking uncalled for small gets is cancer

Honestly, it wouldn't fucking surprise me if it were possible to autism this hard.

casual

The 70 at the end looks unevenly spaced, probably edited. Otherwise it can be achieved by leaving the launcher open every day, like this retard:
steamcommunity.com/id/eliashogstvedt

Both of you are desperately trying to deny the simple truth that we share the planet with these people and there is no escape.

The 0 looks shopped

I was only pretending to be a gommie please don't hotpocket me