Holla Forums I'm curious, what's that ONE game that no matter how many times you beat...

Holla Forums I'm curious, what's that ONE game that no matter how many times you beat, you can't help but play it through entirely again once in a while?

I never really have the same itch with the later games, just this one. It feel more complete.

Super Mario Bros 3.
It's a timeless game for me.
I would love if it was more difficult early on, but the difficulty curve of that game is godlike, it's a shame is that the World 1 is too easy. Even World 2 had some slightly difficult shit sprinkled over the levels. Hardest shit in world 1 is probably 1-3 if you don't take the red block, and it's still pretty easy.

This includes any classic Doom IWAD.

Donkey Kong Country. The first Splatterhouse, too.

i have 2

I play through Okami in sporadic fits and bursts over the years, the first playthrough was absolutely incredible but I don't ever have any drive to play NG+ or anything. I let it sit for long enough that I forget all the fine details and then play through it all over again.

Quest mode is the best single player mode ever made for a fighting game.

These. I like to play through one of the MMX games (1-3 at least, I give less fucks about the franchise from that point on) whenever I want to kill an hour or two. Xenogears is something I play once every year or so, I dig all the 80s and 90s anime references, the music, the combat, and the level design.

We lived in an era of legends.

Most of the FF games and the obvious choice.

Night of 100 Frights
My eternal nigga

I don't have any I routinely beat entirely, only two that come close though. I only discovered it recently but I have beaten Umihara Kawase probably 30 times (at least through different routes) in the past year. Still finding areas I have never been to though, and have been taking a break to try and beat it's sequel but feeling that itch to go back still. Both it and Quake 1 I just can't help but pick up and play for hours. However in Quake's situation I beat two episodes, put it down for the night, then in a few weeks do it again. I have beaten it before and while I actually quite like the latter two episodes and the addons (except the rogue software one fuck you) I am just never in the mood to play them again if it makes sense

Mario 3 is my answer as well. I come back to it every few years and I first played it when I was ~3.
I'd say 1-6 is the hardest.

RBO
It sure helps that it has many playable classes.

On a side note, any user has a link to that ragnarok "offline server"?
I can't find it on my phone and I don't have internet home right now.

bump

My niggas

I've the strangest itch to replay Resonance of Fate after listening to the soundtrack.

French Bread games are always a good time, no matter what.

Wait as far as i knew there was no NG+, you just replay the game with whatever rewards you got from previous playthroughs. Is there an NG+ option that makes combat more difficult that I missed?

I've beaten it more than twenty times.
The mechanics are surprisingly deep for a resident evil clone, the enemies are interesting, magic is cool, I just wish PE3 existed to pick up where this game left off.

Hell, I'd like to see a sort of prequel, between the first and second games that shows how MIST formed and how Aya helped hunt down NMCs across the United States as they spread westward. You could put a whole series in the year or so between the timelines of 1 and 2.

I really liked the RPG-esque elements of the encounters, armor and weapon stats, and character progression. I also liked being able to run around the rooms and shit, just wish it were more necessary. Once you beat it on Nightmare you've pretty much exhausted the game of challenge until you start imposing limits on yourself [no M4A1, no SP12, no Grenade Pistol]. Scavenger Mode gave me an appreciation for Riot rounds that I did not have in Normal, Replay, or Bounty Mode.

A combat system for a "spiritual successor" would RE4-like probably, but for some reason I really don't like that idea. Doesn't feel right for the series.

I want more games where I can play as a monster hunter who collects bounties and buys guns and armor in a contemporary setting, preferably with bio-horror moreso than supernatural horror.