Pillars of Eternity

Is this an actual good game? Made by the same people who made classic fallout games and other classic rpgs
I want to hear some of Holla Forumss opinion over this game.
What should I expect? Hard or easy game? What should I peck as a newbie to these series

Base game is boring shit. Expansion content is solid though. Worth a pirate.

It's shit.

Played it for a dozen hours or so, everything felt bland and boring so I just stopped. It may git gud later on but that's usually not the way things go.

The story is okay if you can deal with writing that mistakes lots of words for quality, but the gameplay is absolute dogshit just like any game in its genre

Also why does it seem like we have a thread on this topic every other week

no
shit boring gameplay
shit boring writing
shit agenda-ridden ~diversity~ themes, both in the game's base writing and in kikestarter backer-written content (fuck this concept so hard)
but of course a joke about a man who slept with a crossdresser and regretted it on a tombstone by another kikestarter backer got removed

I thought it was boring. It's just generic medieval fantasy. I never understood why this or Baldur's Gate gets so much praise.

Yeah, this says a lot about the devs. You can focus on making a fun game or a SocJus-approved game, but you can't do both at once. Pass.

It was made in a different time where the setting wasn't generic. It was good in it's time which is why is gets so much praise. This game in the other hand is nothing and just trying to live off the fame of the old games.

PoE is just plain fucking shit,

The writers have a case of Buckley-tier verbal diarrhoea. At least a third of the text in the game could be cut without losing anything of value. That's before you get started on the Kickstarter backer NPCs.

Terrible writing.

the best part of it was the underground dungeon, the part that isn't full of walls of text

The game was overbalanced by Sawyer until it lost any gameplay of interest.
It's a perfect testament to why overbalancing is a bad thing.

To demonstrate my point:
www.pcgamesn.com/pillars-of-eternity/obsidian-s-josh-sawyer-talks-choice-and-consequence-in-building-pillars-of-eternity-characters%3Famp
t. Josh "Grognards" Sawyer

Pretty much what was already said in the above posts.

The amount of text was fucking obscene, they gave you like 5 pages of bullshit "worldbuilding" just during the character creation, as if having lots of information creates a deep/believable/intetesting world. The premise of your main character being able to see people's pasts is cool on paper, but the execution and implementation was beyond garbage. You never once looked at someone's past to solve a quest or something interesting, but there are NPCs everywhere that you can't even interact with, and can look into their past to read a paragraph of AIDS, which seem to be written by a highschooler who was told that more adjectives=superior writing. The combat was boring, I never felt like I found a new weapon or skill that really made a significant impact, only minor changes. I suppose the combat was "balanced", but it was terribly uninteresting. You got no xp for killing things, apparently to make noncombat builds viable, but it just made it feel totally unrewarding to fight, since you rarely found good equipment. The sidequests were the most boring shit they could come up with. The story was OK but not good enough to make up for all the other bullshit. I was so tired of it I didn't touch the expansions.

About the only thing I liked for sure was the speedup button so the endless trudges through towns went by quickly. I'm glad I didn't pay for it, and I'm actually glad I played it because it made me appreciate the infinity engine games more, and showed just how bad an isometric RPG can be.

It's also worth noting that there isn't really any sjw stuff aside from that one tombstone incident, even if sawyer is a fag

Take your fucking copy/paste thread and shove it up your ass.

It's mediocre. It's quite boring and the writing is awful.

LOL!

The story, characters and lore are disgusting, but the combat is very fun, and the environments are gorgeous. The music is also very good.

So much bullshit in one post. Forgotten Realms, Sword Coast especially, were always fucking generic and bioware did nothing to help its blandness, on the contrary, they made a fantasy hack n slash with words for teenagers. If you think it was good for its time then obviously you're an underage faggot who never even heard of Realms of Arkania, Goldbox, Wizardries, Ultimas, M&Ms or Darklands, all of which shit hard on bg.