Hidden Gems Thread (Ancient Computer Edition)

ITT: Old games most people have probably never heard of or seen
Preferably DOS/Amiga/Commodore/Etc.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.org/details/Commodore_Amiga_TOSEC_2012_04_10
runesword.com/rs2.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Project Firestart for the Commodore 64 was one of the very first survival horror games ever made and it's still pretty great. It predates Alone in the Dark and came out around the same time as Sweet Home.

Bump

30 GB of Amiga software and games
archive.org/details/Commodore_Amiga_TOSEC_2012_04_10

The Dig

I think I am going to check this one out.

How to beat ice level? Fucking wind locks me to the left side of screen and I cant do anything.

I remember some old computer game, probably C64 but maybe early Amiga, where whenever you picked up an item there was this loud as shit noise that sounded like an echoed burp. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

you gotta go through fast enough and through the top side and once you reach the right edge of the screen very slowly go down the slopes (tap the right/left key)

Sometimes i forget how small/low resolution everything used to be

Man i love that fucking computer, the hardware was way ahead of it's time and workbench was a great OS. Unfortunately despite what nostalgiafag Brits may tell you, a lot of the Amiga's software library hasn't aged very well at all. Pic related are a few worth checking out though.

Yeah, syndicate and chaos engine really flew under the radar.

Like that hard to find "quake" or "mech warrior 2".

Nigga please, I played the shit out of this game at a local "sports/arcade" joint. A lot of good arcade machines in one place… Area 51, The House of the Dead 2, an air-rifle shooting range, a basketball court, a bowling alley… Boy did my father hate going to that place. And I loved it.

I don't have the unfinished charts of "Weird old vidya", but I think it would be appropriate to post them here, there were quite a few old multiplatform PC games there.

That was on the Genesis as well, right? And I think Bitmap Brothers also made "Cannon Fodder". Or was it "Baldies"?

Prehistorik was great, so was Ugh!
Also I remember playing Fracas which is like Bomberman but with wizards dropping cauldrons. Also Hocus Pocus.

This thread makes me feel old.

bamp

Fury of the Furries. Unfortunate name, good game.
Slippery momentum-heavy controls, except the games kind of designed around it. It's got some puzzles, some cheap deaths, the difficulty curve starts off very mild and goes pretty wackassed near the end, with a bullshit level or two before then. And two soundtracks, for whatever reason.
Breddy gud.

Remember falling on that one platform that moves up and down while you have a hang-glider?

Power Pete and Lode Runner

Old men. Warning.

Recommend me old DOS/Windows games with a horror theme, Holla Forums

Sanitarium.

I always hated that game

God of Thunder! This is one of the first vidya games I ever got hooked on, and never got to complete it. If there any way to get this to run on a modern PC?

Runesword2 was a classic one-off too. Even could generate dungeons. Was made with a 3man team I think. Barely was noticed, but I played it. runesword.com/rs2.html

Cyber dogs for DOS was a pretty fun co-op game

Hope you guys don't mind an arcadefag showing up.

is there a Holla ForumsrecommendedDosGames download link?

Alternate Reality started off great, but the sequels never were released.

Does it include AmigaOS4.1?

Ever heard of Dosbox user?

Speaking of DOSBox, you can drag and drop executables on to the DOSBox one and it will jest werk.