Cyberpunk vidya

Post discussion related to /cyber/ vidya or just recommend shit.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lZfLfLrTXoE
forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2037956&page=12
dystopia2.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Cyberpunk 2077

NEVER.
FUCKING.
EVER.

anyone actually play deuce ex: md? is it any good?

Invisible inc is a pretty good stealth game with a nice atmosphere

If it's anything like HR then probably not.

I finished it, it's like HR but with less options, more SJW pandering, less locations, and less story. You kill the "final" boss and it just ends, they clearly cut out content that we'll definitely see as DLC or sequels.

I saw it for $20 dollars and thought to myself, "this is a good deal for a $60 game, I guess I'll throw them a bone." Haven't gotten around to playing it since I have a massive backlog, but when my elder brother was around for Christmas he seemed to really enjoy it. It's basically more of Human Revolution from what I saw.

Why can't plebs just stop breathing?

About as cancerous as steampunk.

he doesn't know

Even though MD had one of the most retarded DLC polices I've ever seen it wasn't as bad of a game as I'd thought it'd be. Wasn't as good as the other two but still enjoyable.

However, whoever thought it was a good idea to fucking put DLC that you get from the season pass as a ONE TIME USE CONSUMABLE, should seriously be drawn and quartered.

Is /cyber/ still dead? Last I saw they still couldn't settle on board-tan let alone design one, not that board-tans are worth a damn.

After the shit i seen, i'm not sure if i want it anymore…

Satellite Reign.
I'm not even gonna say anything else.

Threadly reminder to play Satellite Reign.

I wouldn't call EYE, Remember Me, IHNMaIMS or Mirror's Edge cyberpunk. Not sure about Metal Gear apart from MGR:Revengeance.

Anyone know if Blacklight Retribution is alive/good? it looked nice way back at release, but I never got it.

What information has been released that makes you not want it?

The only thing gayer than cyberpunk is steampunk.

You deserve what you wish for.

I don't even want a game based on the original story or Mona Lisa overdrive, but having to fulfill tasks for some kind of semi-godlike Wintermute/Neuromancer hybrid would be cool.

No wonder its fucking dead.

Not him but CDP have been going down the shitter, I wouldn't trust them to make something worth playing nowadays.

Anyone played Decker? It's a good little free game that pretty accurately simulates Neuromancer-style hacking. Invade systesm, steal paydata, crash networks, fight hostile programs, customize your rig and programs, and generally make a nuisance of yourself.

That's pretty much what Marathon is about, where you're involuntarily (or voluntarily) purging xenos at the behest of pic related (and other AIs depending on the situation) to realize his dreams of becoming god

This is why design by committee is always shit.

I should note Marathon has probably been inspired by Neuromancer as well, given that at some point two AIs will merge and give you a massive headache

aaaaa

I enjoyed it, the story is a mess and clearly cut but I think they made a better attempt at offering a game where you can combine all the augmentations and styles they bring to reach your goal than the last game.
I am not much a fan of the hyper compressed worlds since they always feel very artificial but I'll take it over a huge city where I walk more than do stuff I guess.
I don't get the complaints over the "divided mankind" theme

Well there's aug discrimination being made up to be a huge deal in HR/MD while it was never mentioned in DX/IW, how it was rather silly to go full Apartheid on people with mechanical limbs with the Aug Incident serving as a rather lazy plot device to justify everyone's fears and it being somewhat in-your-face social commentary on current events.

Where the fuck have you been? The autists that made/bitched about the board-tan are long gone.

Decker is top-tier.

The Genesis Shadowrun is the best /cyber/ game I've played. I heard the new ones aren't nearly as open-ended, so I haven't given them a shot. They any good?

Confirmed for 2077

tfw i'll be dead by then

The new ones by Harebrained Schemes are literal theme park rides. You go on a mission, you're stuck with some halfassed "moral dilemma" and nothing ever affects anything if you're not involved in it. The gameplay is unbalanced shit with most non-charisma builds feeling like a turn based combat game rather than an RPG, and shit like being a spirit summoner being worthless, on top of the actual gameplay feeling shallow and not particularly fun(especially when how flanking makes very little sense at times), the games are 5/10 at most and it's mostly because of the music. Even then the music in the first was objectively the best.

Sometimes I wonder if I'm the only one who enjoyed the SNES Shadowrun the most.

Yes.

Figures.

That's a shame. You'd think with such an interesting RPG base they'd be able to pull off more than just one good game.

It's going to be multiplat, so I'm waiting for the first round of bullshot trailers and then the following "downgrade" to the graphics so it can run on consoles.

And of course then there's going to be the backlash from all corners of the net for the game not being what they wanted it to be. For example, when the official forums first opened, 90% of the posters wanted Dues Ex: Night City Edition but even more neutered. I remember there was about 5 people, myself included, on that forum that had actually heard of and played Cyberpunk the pnp rpg. Those 4 left on thier own, I was banned for calling consoles overpriced half-assed computers and calling out cdpr for the downgrade with witcher 3, the thread was a console war thread.

To be fair the 80s tumblrina design was cyberpunk long before tumblr came along. Still, I don't like the design too much.

On active boards?

Second part meant for

Hotdoggers, wilsons all of you.

still the best

Had to look it up to remember the name, but Ruiner looks like it could be decently fun. Sounds like a good soundtrack, too.

youtube.com/watch?v=lZfLfLrTXoE

It's not about that, EYE is one of the games that you are given gameplay just because there's no other way to experience the over the top worldbuilding the frenchies made. 81 psi is glory, go to the library, dutch is still alive, there are dolls in the basement.

The only thing I can really complain about is the ending, or rather the lack of it

Either way going around the game with heavy armor+minigun was pretty fun

Did you get all of the endings, and the true ending?

Oh how I wish cyberpunk could real.

Here's how our future will probably be
or

Nah, did one full run, accepted the guy at that one federal base, proceeded to tell my master about it and then killed the fucker

Then got to the base and they call me a betrayer as I have to kill just about everyone
Then I got back in the cave
Having to play through the game several times to get the true ending is a bit of a chore eh

Well to save you time the true ending shows you that You are Rimanah stuck in a never ending loop of guilt after you ordered your wife to enter the forbidden forest to retreive something, she was caught and as the keeper of the sactum or fortress or whatever you ordered her Death, and I guess to shut her up. you also might be Osajima Shinji…actually am doing a hard time explaining the true ending this shit fucking bongles my mind fuck this game needs a second one just to tie in all the shit.

forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2037956&page=12

here, just read this shit.

That doesn't look good at all. Concept art aside, that vid is just you in a dark room killing dudes over and over and over again with nothing really cyberpunk about it. Looks boring as hell.

I liked them both, but the SNES version's combat was not my thing. Loved the music from both games. Combining the two together, SNES story and out of combat adventure, with Genesis Matrix and combat. I wonder how that'd go.

What happened?

Same thing that happens with every setting, it changes over time as the creators of it change over time.

Be thankful that Cyberpunk's change isn't a grotesque as Steampunk's was. Cyberpunk changed because of stylistic changes of 'lowlife' but still is centered around that concept. Steampunk went off the fucking deep in out of love for 'styles' sake and that attracted the worst kind of casual shitter.

kys faggot i swer you piece os hit dont know fuck bout vidyagames you little scrub

Filter all namefags, especially when they're shitty baiters.

filter my dick u niggerlover piece of shit fagote wither 3 was awsome and u r just a contrarian fag if you say it0s shit

pos faggot

ass

I'd like a game or something to explore that one ending from Deus Ex Invisible War where humanity is living under the guidance, not rule, of a benevolent AI.

I too feel your pain.

Steampunk was a cancer that evolved from the death of Cyberpunk though.
It was always shit.

Cyberpunk never died, it was just never mainstream and has always remained in it's niche. Steampunk was a parody of Cyberpunk and shows precisely what happens with overexposure of a setting. It was reduced down to it's most basic components, steam and tech, so it could be sound en mass. Cyberpunk never got that far into the mainstream, even with way more films and games about it than there are for Steampunk.

No, early Steampunk is neat. Rare and forgotten, but neat. It just didn't last long, especially comparatively to modern Steampunk.

Schway.

Just kill me. I had tons of fun playing Dystopia and just knowing that it will be forever dead makes me depressed as fuck.

Never heard of Dystopia. Tell me of it, Anons.

It was a mod for HL2. It was a team based objective game. So you joined a server and choose a side. You could pick from three different types of "classes" basically the Light guy, the Medium guy and the Heavy guy. Light guys were mainly supposed to rush the other team or rush to objectives. Mediums were the jack of all trades. Heavy's were slow and tough. Each class had a different selection of weapons the could choose from. You picked one, and spawned with a side arm and a melee weapon. There were also implants. Implants functioned like skills or abilities. Although they drained your energy when in use, so you couldn't have everything going all at once. Again, some implants were restricted to specific classes. A good example would be the invisibility the Lights could get. No one else could get it. But there were counters. Such as an Implant that allowed you to see where noises were coming from. Or thermal vision, just because you were invisible didn't mean you wouldn't generate heat. Another was the Cold Suit. Since Mediums and Heavy's would have to always look out for invisible Lights, they always had Thermal vision going. But Heavy's could get a Cold Suit that rendered them invisible on Thermal.
Once you picked a class and your weapons and implants you spawned went to the nearest objective, from there you would have to do something like hacking, pressing a switch, destroying something etc. Normally one side would be set as Defense and the other as Offense. But as to which team played what role that was up to the map itself.
One of the best parts about Dystopia was the hacking. You would need a Cyberdeck which allowed you to connect to cyberspace at certain nodes. Once you connected you would the be placed in cyber-space. In cyberspace you had two attacks, a laser like attack or a bouncing orb. Your goal in cyberspace was to find the terminal(computer) in cyberspace and generally hack it. Hacking would prompt a menu where you would have to run a scanning program or a virus program or anti-virus (defense hackers could put buffs on the terminal making it harder to hack). After breaking open the door, you can then enter the terminal and press the button to do whatever it was supposed to. On some maps this was the big show down, for others this was just one little thing to do in order to get to the next. There were also vehicles (Ok there was just one). With those, both you and the passenger had a machine gun turret to blow up other cars or players.
Sorry for the youtube embed

HL2 vs mod where you pick tank, soldier, scout and can have different weapons and also hack like in SS1. Very few play it anymore but I had fun with it two years ago

The only people that play it anymore are around 10 elitist neckbeards in their 30s

That's a very high estimate

F

Ah cyberpunk, another sub genre ruined by overexposure and normal fag pandering whos understanding was about as deep as "COOL CYBORG ROBOT COMPUTER SHIT BRO WOOOOHHH!". I mostly blame the steampunk fags. A genre that's not even fucking real!

Move to China and just act all schway, that's closer than you'll ever get anywhere else.

Oh, it sounds a lot more interesting than how it looks.

Man, I'd just take a long walk in a rainy smog-filled Peking to breathe in the cyberpunk atmosphere if that shit wasn't hazardous to my health

Honestly, I wouldn't mind living in China, its easier to stay anonymous there, the cities are bigger and more condescend. Something about the humble, quiet life living in some shanty apartment atop a noodle shop in some cramped alleyway, I dunno, sounds comfy.

DLCs are over, franchise has been put on hiatus as well due to deservedly poor sales.
Plot resolution status:
NEVER.
EVER

There are street vendors for gas masks in the cities.

You've got to contend with ISIS terrorist attacks in China now.

your game list is incomplete
the other HL2 mod, Dystopia, featured Johnny Mneumonic style hacking

ran like ass compared to neotokyo tho, could have been the servers

false flagging as Holla Forums: the post

Short but sweet. Ending was a letdown. Music was the shit.

whoever came up with this idea should be hanged.
also I don't really see how Blood Dragon is cyberpunk

Uplink for Hollywood-H4X0R simulator.

Don't take the bait man.

That ending isn't as bad as its sequel though.

Someone should make a new Matrix game with guns, lots of guns, kung fu and maybe some sort of hacking. Make it unrelated to the movies' story, and maybe explore the more glitchier side of the Matrix, kinda like Path of Neo did in a few levels.

I think most people have played through the game a hell of a lot more than three times. I'm at 333 hours played.

Wasn't there some people working on getting that Matrix MMO working again? I never liked my cyberpunk to be all kung-fu-y tbh.

What information has been released that makes you not want it?

You little memelords need to take your faggy flavor-of-the-month music and fuck off before you turn cyberpunk into the same cesspit steampunk has become.

I bet he hasn't ever read anything by William Gibson.

Daily reminder that Vaporwave is for fags

Cyberpunk was already turned into "the same cesspit as steampunk" in the 90s, it just had the benefit of much more media/content behind it before it died.

Attention Anons. public service announcement from Datacorp.

dystopia2.com/
Position Opening : Dystopia 2 Developer (Programmer)

We are the team of Dystopia 2 and are looking for a new developer.You will work in a small team and can choose how much time you contribute to the project.

that is all

Both you fags need to stop posting

Is an user not entitled to the post on his brow?

Oh shit, they're actually making a sequel
Thanka for the heads up user
Reminds me of the time when I diacovered that the Korean solo madman was making a Remake of his UT2K4 mod Out of Hell.

No, into the firing line you go

tbh synthwave shows are actually a lot of fun, btw
people dress up in 80's pulpy leather/spike jackets and like visor shades and neon shit

Yeah, too bad I'm stuck in a shitty region where its impossible for me to access such greatness.

And stop typing like a nigger

are you new here or just ignorant?
also, chicago just had Carpenter Brut, Magic Sword and Le Matos iirc all in the same venue. Carpenter Brut is coming over here next week but it's just him and his live crew instead of that glorious lineup above.

And listen to GosT if you're not a faggot.

Life is suffering
Nigger, who the fuck do you think I am?

He's even using the flag you fucking morons.

Vapourwave can be… interesting. 2814 is an example of it done very well but to be honest I don't think it really counts as vapourwave.
Its biggest issue is the overuse and reliance on drug culture.

Meh, if I want some chill vibes I listen to Nujabes and such, that shit just sounded like a bunch of slow down old ass voice clips and some Xylophones/Synth with no pattern or sense.
Go listen to Tetsuos soundtrack and get some fucking taste.
I wish /mu/ wasn't dead

Oh son of a fuck.

Well, you'll get your wish now. Matrix reboot means new Matrix games. By the guy who's responsible for the plot of all the terrible X-Men films and with the guy who played Johnny "BLACKED" Storm from that recent Fantastic Four as head actor.

Are all your posts in this thread fucking satire?

You mean Enter the Matrix? That one was pretty good.

Let me guess. They are going to make Smith blond haired and looking like Donald Trump, and Trinity will be purple haired feminist?

Yep, a bunch of fag shit. We're totally not like those larpy steampunk fags, really!

Well the guy doing the pitch is friends with Joss Whedon, so who fucking knows how cucked the project will be.

tell me, when you go to intense music genre shows, do you wear your plain white tee and jeans? because if you do

you're an autist

these aren't obese fedora-tippers and we're in a fucking cyberpunk thread you dirty cunt. muh steampunk is a subculture with no fucking self-awareness, this neo-80's shit is a little different.

Stop taking the bait. He's made two posts the entire thread, both are bait. Stop taking the fucking bait.

Is Satellite Reign supposed to run like total shit? I'm not kidding when I say I lose five frames every time I regain one of my four agents.

I don't know why I can't get into Dance with the Dead anymore. The last song of theirs I actually liked was Horizon, and it was one of two songs I even liked on The Shape.

it's whatever bruh

The Shape was pretty shit aside from a few tracks.
Check B-Sides though, that shits tasty

More like NOGAEMpunk. Enjoy your abandoned setting.

SNES Shadowrun was the shit.

Doesn't matter.

I'm still right.

Sure thang, bub.

Uh-oh.

Enter the Matrix was the first one. Path of Neo was the second one. The one where you actually played as Neo.

and I bet Dune is a shit book too mate.

The only reason they haven't made Atompunk games are because it's for cultured people, the current market would shun a game set in the 50's because god forbid it's true to how blacks and women were treated at the time, and normalshits like you won't eat it up because they can't make their "SUPER HACKER WHO'S ALSO A PARKOUR EXPERT AND A TOP MARKSMAN." Mary Sue OC's in a world where computers take up half a room.

Not likely. Based on what is currently happening, things will likely look like this:

Eidios Montreal games weren't even Deux Ex games, and it is clear that people making it either didn't understand or even played the original. World is completely inconsistent, with augmentations being the best example. In original game, augs were limited to some military, security, and few rich people. In HR everyone and their mother is augmented, even the poor ones. New games also don't tackle conspiracies, terrorism, replacement of humans with machines, social engineering, or even pose questions about how should humanity be governed, or where it should advance. HR and MD is just a generic good guys vs bad guys story with epic twists, some hamfisted social justice metaphors, and bits of propaganda. All of that is coated with cyberpunk dressing and Deus Ex slapped on top to sell these games. Only good thing game has going for it is the cyberpunk-renaissance art style.

Tell me about it. Cyberpunk has been dominated by faggots who think that genre is only about the aesthetics. Things like automation, civil unrest, terrorism, mass surveillance, social engineering, stagnation, greed, opportunism, and social isolation are completely ignored.

Look how easily mad and quick to confusion he gets. You can hear the "muh cultured" grunting that is typical of his kind when confronted with anything that his underdeveloped brain can't comprehend.

Wew lad.

Just because you're so much of an autist you try to justify a setting overrun with faggots doesn't mean you're right, schlomo.

Every zoo should have a pair of him.

But 2814 is more /cyber/ than vaporwave

I sure have the game for you.

Are there any games set in a Snow Crash anarchy setting, where each city block is a separate sovereignty and everything to the city gangs is incorporated?

I'm going to take a guess and say probably not, but that image and the words 'snow crash' kinda make me want to play a cyberpunk snowboarding game.

There was a hl mod quite popular back in the day, kung fu, slow mo, insane stuff, powerups , AKIMBO. I was like an addict looking for my dialy dosis. More or less like Max Payne but x6 times better and Matrix. themed
it makes me sad its long dead and no game wil even get close…

+ You could play on 3° too

The person making that trailer has a lot to learn about music choices.

Utopian futurism > subversive dystopian futurism tbh

It got a HL2 mod sequel
Double Action Boogaloo

She's actually an delivery grill.

It's a list of cyberpunk games, never said to buy the titles listed or that they're only the cream-of-the-crop.

Watchdogs is shit, but it does have a nice cyberpunk feel when you're just dicking around and on some early missions.

I pirated it for one thing and one thing only. webm related.

Megumin is such a qt

Almost finished Technobabylon, retro inspired Point and click. Pretty cliche with a bit of LMAOPROGRESSIVE thrown in, but does some cool stuff.

Hope she's defending herself on the neon highways.

Too bad her show ended.

I refuse to believe there won't be a season 3

Take it to >>>/a/ please.

I'm sure it's bad but it can't be as bad as bioware.

Is Dex any good?

Ruiner looks fucking amazing, but you couldn't have picked a worse video to show it off. Embed related isn't perfect, but the other footage of the event this demo was at is piloted by a game journalist, and as such is almost unwatchable. The salient point is that you do some walking around and talking before being thrown into each gore rave.

Great character design, too. I love the kind of droning violence it seems to be presenting.

Nigger what the fuck.

Right, that's the guy who will fuck it up, not the Wachowski Sisters

it's a solid 6/10 worth a play through if you can get it for $5 or in a bundle or something

it's too short, the plot is predictable and hackneyed, and the combat is mediocre, but it has a nice atmosphere and does a few cool things with the mechanics, music is good too

Sorry, where did I say that? Because I'm fairly certain what I said is:
>that vid is just you in a dark room killing dudes over and over and over again with nothing really cyberpunk about it.
And I'm not wrong. That vid doesn't show anything really cyberpunk. Standing in the dark shooting dudes could be anything. If that guy wants to shill people a game as cyberpunk then he should've shown something definitively cyberpunk.

So far as first impressions go, his idiocy along with your inability to read what I've actually written is terrible job performance. I hope they don't pay either of you much. You goddamed technogolems won't sway me so easily.

That aside, Joss isn't involved yet, the guy who worked with him on Avengers is. Some other cuck will likely get involved, a nobody director like the ones behind all the pointless reboots.

It looks like hotline Miami in 3d cyberpunk world

I mean it was free for a while, how have you not picked up the best game yet?

That's because it plays like shit.

I loved the concept of travelling between bodies but besides David Bowie the game was pretty arse. Pic related did the concept much better, not sure I'd call it cyberpunk but it's pretty close.

This thread reminded to finish Transistor.
I kinda dropped it after I continued going into it just for it to be way too dramatic and 2deep4u.
Bastion was nice, it was simple and because of constant narrative it never felt like boring. Same went for Kid Icarus constant characters talking during gameplay made it so it was never dull.
How the fuck they fucked up such easy concept in Transistor?

Gas mask guys are actually not that bad. They have too complicated weapons and I really hope they have glass under these metal rings but otherwise fine.

Kids who shop at Hot Topic aren't allowed to post on this website.