Space Hulk: Notquitedeadwing

steamcommunity.com/games/298900/announcements/detail/521694695367035560

full changelog in link

Also, is anyone still playing this, or this game truly Space Hulk: Dedwing? It does look like they'll keep updating it, though I don't know how long it'll take before it gets fixed to being something fun

is this another generic team shooter?

Yea, pretty much

oh boy, i cant wait to ignore it.

But will my graphics card freak out and start destroying the game and then itself with graphical glitches?

I bought the game on launch because of the refund window, tried it, and refunded it within an hour. It was absolute dogshit, and for them to make it into a decent game it'd have to be unrecognizable.

EVE was shit at launch and they made it much better over time

E.Y.E. is not that great tbh. Decent horde shooter with superfluous rpg shit and a story line that rose a little over most FPS shlock. Still has a ton of bugs despite years of patching. Most of that can be put on the crap version of Source they used though.

You mean E.Y.E., right? That game was shit at launch because of technical issues. Deathwing is shit because of technical issues and mechanical issues. Even if the game ran silky smooth and didn't crash every 30 fucking minutes, it'd still be a bad game.

I wouldn't say much better. It's still a meme game with average gameplay and an above-average setting.

Deathwing is still great but lacks content.

it's unique as fuck

tried playing deathwing with a friend, it was awful experience

what did he mean by this now that the dust has settled Intelligent, Nihilistic and with a Wicked Sense of Humor my peenus weenus of course I'll be your sister and let you fuck me in the ass

Why did discussion of this game seem to die right after it launched?

Because it was so bad, it wasn't worth talking about. Not even to make fun of.

it turned out to be shit

we already talked about it to death

no one shit posted hard enough for it

The game was fun and all but it had tons of performance issues and piddly dick for content, but now that there's flamers and improvements I can see this game being worth 20$ somewhere down the line.
I guess Holla Forums was right again, just wait for the based frenchmen to finish un-fucking the game and buy it on sale.

i really feel that now that you actually have neat weapons to choose from, all they need to do is remove the icons on the map that show where the fucking enemies spawn and it'd be a decent horror-ish team shooter. that was really my only real huge complaint aside from the bugs

Yes, this person knows what hes talking about.
Truly

This new update was ~9.5 gb. Yeah a fucking patch. Haven't tried it post-patch but beforehand it was a slow-paced corridor shooter where enemies would pile out of some nearby spot and you'd just gun them down. When you didn't reload on time you'd just use your melee wep and pray you didn't die. Also if you ever try the game out, don't bother hacking turrets. You can't have them on stand-by to shoot enemies that get within range, you have to sit on your ass and use it like a mounted gun. But if you don't hack them to begin with they'll just mow you down. I'd like to say it doesn't suck, but for now.

It was a Space Hulk game. While the gameplay is great, it's just Terminators against Genestealers in space ships. The game never promised any more. Don't know why turbonerds are buttmad about it.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

They hyped it up and up and didn't think it through? Devs have hinted at they may introduce Orkz and Chaos eventually and work on replaybility value

This
A lot of faggots were expecting some amazing game when all that was promised was Termies n Genestealers
I liked it

Partially the fact that while the gameplay isn't bad, it's still hilariously unoptimized and the 4 players 5 classes issue.

That being said, it doesn't help we still don't have an amazing Warhammer 40k game so much of the anger is justified. If they do end up throwing in Orks and Chaos (preferably as playable factions as well, with specific weapons, etc) , some extra levels, continue working on optimization (the prepatch wasn't bad, but it still needs a shitload of work) it would be decently fun

Yeah, this time next year it might be a fun game, but not right now.

It's an okay game at best, nothing special but not TOO boring. Squad thing kind of reminds me of Republic Commando although it was a lot better in that one.
The problem is there is no replay value, it's a singleplayer game that you can also go through on multiplayer and each mission is a long tiring WALK from point A to point B and back, sometimes to point C.
Also as some anons pointed out, the multiplayer is shit and broken, half the time the game crashes or I get disconnects out the ass, IF I manage to connect.

At least it's not as bad as a CERTAIN OTHER GAME THAT PROMISED A WHOLE LOT AND COULDN'T EVEN DELIVER 1/5TH OF IT AND THE ONLY THING THEY DID MANAGE TO DELIVER ON WAS THE CASH SHOP.
Thank god I'm not one of those dumb fucks who payed for those founder packs, god knows how mad they gotta be.

people keep complaining about deathwing not working but i had a great time when i finally managed to get my brothers to play with me. There are other better games out there tho.

It was working fine until the update.

You want to know how mad I am?

ALL THEY FUCKING HAD TO DO WAS STEAL PLANETSIDE 2 ASSETS AND PAINT EVERYTHING GOLD AND ADD SKULLS. HAD THEY AT LEAST GIVEN A HALF ASSED "OPEN WORLD" TO TRAVEL ACROSS TO A FEW SEMI COPY PASTED AREAS AND HAD ALL 4 FACTIONS DUKE IT OUT LIKE THAT I WOULDN'T EVEN BE QUARTER AS UPSET AS THESE FAGGOTS MADE ME

The only redeeming factor was the Ork boyz shit talking people and communicating like greenskins, and even that was a bandage on a cancer patient tier helpful. DON'T EVEN GET ME STARTED ON THE FUCKING FAGS WHO WANTED QUICKER EXECUTIONS AND GOT IT, DESPITE WHAT THE INTENDED PURPOSE WAS.

I'm just glad I only paid enough to get the alpha, which despite being 120 dollars which I thankfully could burn with no issue, was still not as unlucky as the people who had really big hopes and spent shitloads of cash on.

>BUT THEY'LL
>PATCH IT!

What is funny is that they actually nerfed the Eldar not because they were overpowered, but because most of them are in a guild and have their shit organized. Literally they screwed over a faction as teamwork was OP.

I was told to wait on it due to bugs but I do want to get it eventually.

Is there anything good about Eternal Crusade? Is it worth getting if you don't expect it to be what was originally promised? It sort of looks like the multiplayer of Space Marine which was fun in its own way but had plenty of problems.

I think the thing that annoyed me most about Space Hulk Deathwing's single player is that pretty much all of the weapons are unusable. If you use anything but the default storm bolter, even the one-handed modified storm bolters and shit, you can't equip the power sword or power axe. Without those, you may as well not even have psi abilities, the cooldowns are just too long. The result is that you lack the versatility AND the firepower to do what you need in the harder single player modes.

I get that there's a tradeoff, but when none of the interesting weapons are at all viable you pretty much lose the biggest draw for the game.

I was one of those orks who only communicated by talking like one, it was more fun than it was just spess muhreens and chaos and had a lot of fun banter with other players which made me come back to play.
And the best part is, we wont quite often. Our weapons were weaker and more inaccurate, but we were unified, had skill and know-wots to make shit work, together.

Then the nerf hammer hit us pretty fucking bad and all the good players fucked off to MUHREENS to further fuel the plasma and power sword spamming, while I got stuck with idiots who couldn't even talk like a proppa ork.

And it didn't seem like they ever recovered.

I wouldn't recommend it. If you try playing as any faction besides space marine or chaos space marine you are fucked. Every game is a melee spamfest with the occashional getting blown up by plasma explosions and ranged is meh.
Unless you're using heavy bolters in which case you are mowing shit down. Until a raptor/assault dives into your face.

imperial space marines have been getting nerfed constantly since launch since they're the most popular. it wasn't until last week that the eldar got their very first nerf, finally fucking slowing down that two-hit sword that they could whip around at lightspeed. chaos marines still get that heavy bolter whose name i can't remember that is pinpoint accurate and will single-handedly turn the tide of battle. orks are still basically unkillable unless you're ganging up on them. eldar hovertanks can still run you over for some reason. tanks and APCs are still insanely high HP and insanely low damage, meaning that tank battles flat-out do not exist unless one party or another is extremely patient. lascannons are still hilariously underpowered and take like 1/8th of an enemy vehicle's health down. meanwhile, ork kannons can one-shot several marines at once and deal nearly twice the damage to vehicles

tl;dr space marines are totally fucked. the OP meta swings between chaos and orks with each update. that said i haven't played in the past month or so, and maybe they've "fixed" the balance issues, but i seriously doubt it

also, if you're the fag who typed NOW THAT WAS A PROPPA FOIGHT after completely fucking wrecking my space marine crew, i want you to know that you actually made me come back and keep playing

I rememeber you guys were strong for like 2 weeks when the game was released, then nerfed hard, then I noticed everyone we fought against (in the few matches that ended up orks and eldar) had the Eldar in one clan usually. Sorry that Spess Muhrens can't into teamwork. The salt they would spew was the best, as was shouting, "Da Empwaaghs greenest win anuva wun! Noice try though, beakies" and whatever autistic thing came to me when we won.

They actually nerfed the skip launcher, which no one ever used except the one clan who apparently had their whole group used it and killed more Orks than Space Marines. It's fucking ridiculous, never mind how buggy we were in almost everything (I'm pretty sure they just went out and pretended the Deffkannon was supposed to be reloaded off cover)

If you were early in on the launch I'd usually say, "Dat wuz a propa scrap beakiez" unless one of your guys got salty, in which cased it would be something like, "If only ya gits 'ad a real set of bosses loik Gork and Mork"

No.

a few days ago they sent out free game keys to every registered person on their newsletters and signed up on their game.

the keys are worth nothing.

Really? I just played some games, having not played since last year, and I just ran around spamming my power sword and it was just as I remembered it.
Granted I did less damage now than I did before, we still kicked ass. I guess more games need to be played to further see how much has really changed.

I did notice a lack of plasma spammers, though…

I did say that sometimes, mostly I just screamed WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!, if not both.
Does the name Gorthank Killboy ring any bell?

Jesus christ.

Orkman_Lootgrabba here I think you may have stopped a capture or two and I may have ended up saying, "Haha! Good Ole' Killboy!" once or twice. It's just a shame the game ended up so fucking bad. Because a lot of the guys were really funny and worked decently well together despite being PUGs nine times out of ten.
The skip launcher lost something like 40 points of damage, despite having literally no viable application anywhere. I think the clan had a video posted up on the forum for some laughs. Mind you, they literally were shooting in groups of five at single space Marines at one point and I think they had a grand standing total of five kills amongst everyone that wasn't orks

However decent Space Marine gear is, LSM attracts the most braindead, eleven fingered Ukranian mutants to ever crawl out of Chernobyl, so LSM lose almost every match they play.

Lol I remember retards on this board saying this was going to end the trend of faster shooters. Oops! Looks like the game actually has to be good to do that! Oh, man, I always take great pleasure in seeing hypefag's dreams get crushed.

I don't think a single fucking person said this. Not fucking one. Who in their right mind would assume that a niche 40k game would change the whole shooter market?

in my experience nearly every one of these posters just makes shit up and acts smug in an attempt to start a "yfw you never backed this shit" upvote chain

Your name does seem familiar. That's what I also liked while playing as orks, you really recognized the names of other players because of how they acted and you saw them often. I didn't see a nyone familiar after the big nerf on orks.
Also I got kind of annoyed when orks said rhinos or transports instead of wagons an' trukks.

No denying that.

Every fucking time! So goes the hypefag cycle.

Can you explain what "end the trend of faster shooters" means, or what it means to you at least? Maybe then we could figure out what you're referring to. As it is, no chance.

Hypocrites rarely admit to being hypocrites, user.
Just mine the salt you yourself have witnessed.

or they're different anons entirely

It's going free to play. It's not worth shit.

But why did you pay that amount of money ? Miguel was only doing promise after promise, it was clear he could never deliver.

I'm enjoying it, when it becomes free I hope Holla Forums makes an ork guild consisting only of the Jew orks bad moons, then using jewish names but with an ork twist like Teefberg or Teefstein

Why is the power sword just bouncing off a random ass ork?

DEM POWWA SORDS AINT NO MATCH FO DEEZ GUNZ

I stopped bothering with it and I'm watching with glee as the player count drops and this shitshow dies.
It's amazing how horrendously bad gameplay mechanics, bugs and glitches can be played off by 40k fanboys as *lol so orky* and *heh so funny*.
It's hilarious for 3 seconds but then you actually want to play the game and you can't because you are stuck in a wall, dropped from server, getting lag spikes per 3 seconds, killed by rubber banding eldar or whatever else this bugfest offers you.
Because there are so many bugs it's beyond saving.

I knew it was a shit game but I didn't think it was that bad

And here are some more. Shit that guilds find funny.
But what if you want to play the game ?

Sure it is.
It's called Helldivers

This.

I like it and really like the slow plodding pace, but at the end of the day there's no reason to explore or do anything other than go straight through a mission the most direct way possible or care about any of the enemies

In the off hope that maybe, just maybe they could deliver a fifth of that promise and give us something fun and also because I had recently gotten off a Space Marine playing binge, so I was hoping to see something actually fun

EYE was always great, it just had severe bugs. Once they cleaned the bugs up it became a fucking top notch game.

SHDW has big design problems that probably can't be fixed. Co-op missions are way too linear and lack the sandboxish aspect of EYE's; lack of long-term character building and stuff to grind for means there's no particular reason to keep playing.