Which MMO are you currently playing?

I'm currently playing Black Desert Online and I find it enjoyable.

Other urls found in this thread:

arks-layer.com/setup.php
pso2.playpark.com/en/welcome/?country=EN
returnofreckoning.com/
cassardis.imgur.com/
imgur.com/a/cqiCM
imgur.com/a/FZmwV
imgur.com/a/2zvPG
imgur.com/a/n3eKO
imgur.com/a/9K56C
imgur.com/a/jq06Q
imgur.com/a/jA4UM
imgur.com/a/iY50t
imgur.com/a/7wzsn
imgur.com/a/2yqvo
imgur.com/a/5W8Qk
imgur.com/a/XkTwf
black-desert.com/articles/black-desert-how-we-were-expect-it-to-be-and-how-it-is-now/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

If you enjoy any modern MMO then you're the problem with the genre.

t. Nostalgiafag

Just play Runescape 2007 or something

Black Desert is a piece of grindy soulless shit. Stop.

I'm currently enjoying my favorite theme park tab-target Wow clone. Guess the game

Tortanic?

FFXIV: Inglorious Faggots edition?

Runescape 2007, now that's an ancient era of mmos!

Any MMO that is currently alive

EVE and im not sure what im getting into

What do you find enjoyable about it?

The one that is not a cooldown simulator.

literally excel the game. nah ill pass

TERA

Is Neverwinter Online still going?

Xenoblade X, it's pretty damn good.

I put too many hours into that to even care about new automate collab or pvp mode. Fuck talk about burned out.
How terrible is it btw? The PvP? Is the salt flowing?

This brand of autism is appealing to me

Anyone playing RevO?

user, which class has the biggest breast slider? I'm a bit of a breast autist user, I need my Playable Character to have the biggest gamebreaking breasts/THICK mode enabled otherwise it's unplayable garbage for me. Pic related.

Granblue Fatnasy.

Reported for underaged.

swgemu
it's shit and the work put into it is somewhere on the lower end of the sliding scale of valve time

Runescape is over 16 years old you desperate peice of shit.

bitch most people who played runescape back in the day were in their 30's and 40's, stop trying to front like you know anything

The only online game I'm playing currently is Paragon Chat even though there isn't any RPG on the end of the MMO part anymore.
It still hurts

PvP is alright, I think they did the best they could given the shitty netcode.

Nigga I love Granblue but let's not pretend it's a MMO.

Playerbase is absolute cancer, the product of a mismanaged game that demands obsessive commitment and the autistic tryharding that comes of it. Solo roaming PvP? Nobody will engage unless you're either flying unwinnable trash, they directly counter you or they have five friends on the way. Small gang? They run until you're trapped and blobbed. Null-sec empire bloc warfare? Tactics are to shoot a territory claim structure until the alarms go off, then run away while your enemy responds and guards it during its vulnerability, then rinse and repeat until the utter lack of game enjoyment culls their active player count and you can roll over whatever turboautists are left. PvE? Mind-numbing repetition and 0 challenge, you do not want EVE for the PvE.
Development-wise, it's had some passionate devs over the years but the higher-ups have always been rotten and it's taken its toll. They've really ramped up microtransactions recently after hiring a former EA marketer to handle their jewery. There's no chance that the ancient fundamental flaws of the game will ever be addressed.
I understand your temptation, it really does seem like a holy grail of space autism at first, but it's just not fucking worth it.
fuck I miss some of those pretty ships

Literally reddit: the opinion, parroted by every normalfag vaguely aware of EVE. Please go back to whatever shit site you migrated from. The game is flawed enough that you shouldn't get into it but for far different reasons than this.

Oh look, you're almost as old as it.

I fail to believe that. Anyone in their 30s and 40s would have been playing older entries of the genre sooner. Of all of the great games that were around during 1996-2001, why would anyone have chosen the lowest fruit of the genre?

Nice try, but play again.

toontown rewritten

why the fuck didnt i choose lure

Every fucking time.

Where's your cane, old man?

I need a game with tits. I even played Fallout 4 and Skyrim for a while with sexy mods, but it just feels so empty, futile and repetitive, something that unfortunately even mods can't fix.

I need a game with autistic level of character creation and huge sliders. Or just one or the other I suppose.. Gameplay feels secondary at this point so long as it's rpg-esque. Need that fix.. Would just go to /hgg, but most of those games are buggy/unfinished messes, and I really just cbf. Can you help Holla Forums?

Boy do I have the game for you.

I downloaded Wildstar yesterday because it's Free to Play so what the hell.
Did anybody ever play this? Any class that is fun ?
Started as a qt Spellslinger yesterday but wasn't too amazed from the gameplay.

That game was okay user, kinda hard to get into though because I don't know what the fuck I am supposed to do, most of it is in jap moon runes/badly translated, I spend half the time confused as fuck trying to tell my dick that everything will be okay..My dick tells me to go play something else. I oblige.

Thanks for the recommendation though, user.

My friend met his current GF on that game. Don't know much else about it apart from that.. He seemed pretty happy about it but I didn't know what it was about, and there wasn't even enough tits around for my liking.

So is it fun? I never played the original, is it worth trying it out now that I wouldn't be supporting disney by doing so?

I wish Tibia hadn't gone to shit.
I wish Phobos wasn't vaporware, I played a super early build of it once 9 years ago and it had the potential to replace it.

None. The last MMO I had fun with was Mabinogi because of the cool combat system with blocking, counter attacks, etc and enemies actually getting knocked back by big hits.

Every other MMO I've played is just auto attack with macros that have cooldowns which is boring as fuck.

My dick told me it's very happy with PSO2.

If someone is too retarded to get into PSO2 he doesn't deserve to play anyway.

My dick and I enjoyed PSO2 as well until someone too clingy with my main and I decided to stop playing.

I've given up on finding anything remotely like an mmo in vidya. The last one I could enjoy was ffxi.

I've turned to open world/sandbox tabletop games online through roll20. Somehow it hasn't been that bad.

Well done you for being more into pain than pleasure.

Don't get me wrong, it's got plenty of qt's and shit, it's just I cbf to keep trying to decipher moonrunes all the goddamn time in shit I'm supposed to find arousing.

Found a torrent too but it's an old version so it has like 3 seeders.

Try this
>arks-layer.com/setup.php

I play of this game, it's hard core

would you guys be interested in this mmo of mine?

Holy shit, thanks

Wait, hold on.. You mean to tell me there's a fucking localized version of this game, and I've been played the modded japanese version this whole time?!

… If this is true then that version is just PSO2 online but with a bootleg translation.. Is pso2.playpark.com/en/welcome/?country=EN this fucking localized!?

That EN link is for the SEA version of the game, which is completely in english but inferior in just about every way.

playpark version is IP blocked, good luck
Nip version is better

Okay, what are the other reasons?

You mean region locked? US only or something?

It's quite a few content patches behind, and lacks some of the crossover shit

Hmm, these localizations normally are though.. And as long as there's no fucking censorship or anything like that I'm not particularly fussed, because they usually end up catching up in some form or another unless it's totally/pozzed/shit. What's the best way of downloading this motherfucker so I can compare for myself? Even the Chinese>Russian>English translation of Blade and Soul was better than the PSO2 translation… But if it truly is worthwhile then maybe I can persevere.. Again..

Holy fuck, how does that server still have anyone playing?

Darkfall:rise of agon

Pros: it's actually a decent game not just a moneysqueeze themepark ride

cons: it looks old, annoying inventory system, no ingame market

notes: global full loot pvp, 100 hotbar slots, some grind but nothing compared to what most "modern mmo players" are used to these days i suppose.

But whatever, it's your choice.

Okay, fine. Fuck that shit. How's the PSO2 translation coming along? I remember when I first started, I was so fucking confused/Overwhelmed by everything, I just felt like I couldn't really get into it.

i should have mentioned this game has fantastic combat especially for a mmo. in a world of of lockon mmo and standing still while spamming hotbars darkfall's combat involves actual aim, lots of mechanical skill and difficult movement.

I don't know how long ago you tried it, but everything you need to play is translated, as well as some of the story. You can also look up the youtube translation if you really must know.

That japanese captcha was a bitch, but I solved it. Fuckin japs and their moonrunes.

you beat the hardest boss in PSO2, it's all downhill from there

Is the game fun

oh god, i remember playing the beta of that. it was like exactly wow, but without the ability to make the interface not suck ass. i also remember the wow guild i was in (that was run by a piece of shit) moved over there because it was the next big thing.

For the first few hours, then it becomes dressup simulator while waiting for EQs to pop.

BDO to me is just Archeage all over again. All the potential to be the greatest MMO fucked up by gook incompetence.

FFXIV

Its basic as hell and generic tab target trash but enough love goes into the aesthetics and music that I don't mind all that much.

Great boss fights too.

implaying BDO on ogrefest because fuck the pay2win cash shop shit

also this game is great for lewds

The biggest part it's missing to fall under the MMO category is the one thing absolutely no one does decently. I'd kill for a nice massive world to explore that has cute characters and fun gameplay.

Sucks it went to shit with Nexon trying to force Nexon Launcher down peoples throats putting the shit icing on the turd cake.

Always a chance to find enjoyment in the one game the same team made.

I wish there was an MMO like hellmoo.
I'm playing guild wars 2 on and off. I don't find it particularly fun but the first person mode is cool.

I downloaded the game, tried it out a bit.

But besides all that made me dislike the game it seems like a pretty solid MMO and has fun combat, I'll get back to it once a proper English localization comes around that's made to be played on something other than toasters.

All alive mmos are shit

Which dead mmos are good?

Ultima Online
Dark Age of Camelot
Guild Wars

I've seen you posting your character and shilling PSO2 nonstop user. You wanna let me add you so I can sometimes invite you to team MPAs?

I'll take that hideous avatarfag if he's reading this too.

You will never ever get a decent eng localization, simply because SEGA is well aware that a good percent of their playerbase is foreign and can spend money on the game. They have no reason to waste time and money to port the game at all.

PSO2 is FUN, I just wish there was more of a reason to explore. I don't really feel it because of the instanced shit never really changing.

They need to put secret shit in these games or everything feels like a speed run.

Kinda sorta yeah.
No it doesn't. Screens posted itt look better than most AAA garbage released these days.
I dunno if you have never played an online game before or just plain retarded.
I bet you think Oblivion looks good.
But it does, stop using some fucking GAMER GEAR garbage.

Kritika SEA is fun action beatemup until you get to the pay2win endgame at max level. Atlantica Online is also fun and unique until you get to the part where it gets grindy and pay2win

Guild Wars, but mostly these days just trading stuff. I do plan to wrap up my second GWAMM eventually though.

So I got everything installed including PSO2 Tweaker but shit just doesn't launch. Do the jap servers block NA connections?

Run the game from the tweaker, not the JP launcher. Also, remember to patch the game.

nvm, had to fix gameguard and now it runs

Im planning on starting GW2 up again after a few months of not playing. its bretty gud i guess

yeah i guess if you enjoy blinding rage and suicidal depression

I wanted to get into it, but the early levels are a drag to play and I can't find any more skills for my fist weapon. I just wanted to be a crazy middle-aged brawler punching shit where ever I go.
Also last time I checked a lot of the translations were broken and I still had no clue what the fuck I was doing.

I just don't know about BDO, I just don't know. I like the combat, just not the enchanting system. I like the small towns and comfy. But that cash shop and loyalty thing being shoved in my face, I don't particularly like being reminded the cash shop exists. Might just give up on mmos and go grind a real skill.
It's clear though that PA has been making some good changes over the year. I'll give them that.

I think Ep2 was the golden time to get into PSO2.
Or maybe it's just my nostalgia goggles I don't know.

Doesn't everyone?

Oh right BDO.
It was developed with love and care, but was turned into generic p2w grindfest because of (can you imagine it?) players' demands.
Korean beta testers after playing the initial true sandbox version complained that game is too open ended and far out of their comfort zone, after which devs/pubs decided to play it safe since investments were tremednous.

So yeah if you play it as single play game through the story once you will enjoy it, but if you try to start playing it as mmo - you'll get another generic korean p2w bait.

The world is solid. It just feels too single player outside the PvP matches. It's just one of those games I get an itch to play, dump a week into it and then cold turkey quit it. I get that there are some goals you could easily set for yourself, but being half baked sandbox is really hurting it for me. Not to mention half the classes aren't good for PvP.

I'm giving Revelation Online a shot; anyone else trying it out?

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Maybe. Is the combat your typical auto attack with macros shit?

Literally go play Second Life. ERP and making slut avatars is the main gameplay mechanism in that game.

Every fetish imaginable is also present on there

BDO felt like a punch in the balls. If it wasn't for the insane grind and ridiculously overpriced P2W cash shop it would be the best MMORPG on the market right now.

Had to quit after reaching endgame. Knew a couple fags that dropped a several 100 $ on it though. Pretty sad.

As for what MMO I'm playing right now. FFXIV.
I gave up on F2P shit a long time ago.

Honestly though I wish there would be a P2P action combat MMO with no cash shop or cosmetic only cash shop. Hell could be themepark too I wouldn't give a shit.

That game is F2P P2W trash run by russian and chinese jews.
Fucking avoid at all costs.

Gundam Online

The issue I have with cash shops existing at all is that it's potential content you could be making for your players to acquire together. Ffxiv at least puts a good portion of cosmetics behind group content which naturally asks you to play with other people. I'm still impressed with the things that black desert did get right, few as they may be.

Damn, the world looked like it could be fun to explore

It's not P2W garbage like nips love?

Do you ever think for yourself

I can't believe people are so retarded they call eve a spreadsheet when Aurora exists and is glorious

Yea, the game does look like fucking garbage, running it in 4k makes everything more noticable including the character models and yea the UI is pants on head retarded and you need to open unneeded extra windows for even equipping weapons and armor even the other nip game I tried which was Soulworker had a simpler more effective UI but even that game had unnecessary shit. What makes it worse is that there were no options to move the rest of the UI around or to be able to resize the chat window and unable to resize the game by dragging the sides in windowed mode. Either had to play in fullscreen or reconnect my old monitor because the resolution options for windowed mode made the window too small.

And believe it or not you buttfucking retard shit like sweetfx does wonders on games that look like absolute dog shit and have terrible lighting like PSO, but of course since the game is designed to run on nip computers and it's well known that nips don't build PCs.

Downloading this right now.

Sorry to hear that. I give my condolences.

what compelled you to waste money like that?

Archeage because no other MMo has boats like it does.

IM working my way up to max and then im becoming a pirate because why not.

You may find it wierd, but I bought it because I liked the wood textures.

i picked up my account for 5 bucks back during winter but have no one to really play with so Its been just taking up room

I don't understand why that made you drop money, but if you want to stare at wood textures, I guess I can't really berate you. Now if you had said gameplay or anything like that, I could, but wood textures isn't something I care enough about to actually know.

Whatever you do, don't spend anything in the cash shop.

True. However small cosmetic ones that don't give any advantages ingame are the least cancerous option.

Ripping out your spine is more fun than playing their games.

Hey, what do you think of Terra btw?

I'm not familiar

If there was an offline mode i'd probably take it, otherwise I have no desire to interact with these fags

this one

I can appreciate the trolling/griefing fam, I would just prefer to use my time more productively. Also would be giga hard to try to get my nuts to glory when I'm on the receiving end of that shit.. I'd just leave/play along unlike these autistic dummies, but still.

if you are talking about me I am in a japanese team but thank you~ (*'ω'*)

you can move the windows around and resize them including the chat window … the UI isn't perfect but it's better than most western games I think… certainly better than TOR or like Warfarme and you can set the game to any custom resolution by editing user.pso2 btw. I also play in 4K sometimes and yah the graphics are pretty lofi but its a ps vita game originally and I think the art team does a really good job with the limited resources they have! plus the low poly style fits phantasy star thematically anyway

tbh griefing in SL nowadays is pretty hard since everyone became savvy to it like 10 years ago

I meant that I'd add you as a friend and if we have slots for TMPA I'd invite you. You're ship 2, right?

ship 2 desu~ character name is モフモフ and my present list has 3 items: hugs, kisses, and fluffy things (≧▽≦)

I tried getting into Black Desert but quit a few levels in once I learned that if you hotkey a spell it does less damage than if you do that weird combo shit. Who even thought that shit up?

Sounds like DFO.
Also sounds like you're a casual.

BLESS

It's just not appealing to me. If I wanted to pull combos out of my ass I'd be playing DMC or something instead.

That's fair I guess. If anything I like when otherwise casual genres try to incorporate some core mechanics into their gameplay.

Nahui poshel

That's actually my support partner, and I'm not on ship 2. Not to mention, I'm already in a team. Thanks anyway, though.

Episode 2 was only good for the story. Class balance was completely fucked to the point that a player with a tech mag and gear set for tech attack would do infinitely more damage as gunner or braver because of how weak techs were after hunters cried about zonde back in episode 1. This is why the game had any challenge at all back then. Only two classes were completely overpowered compared to all of them now. Also, they had to start handing out gear because the drop rates are so atrocious that it was almost two years after they were implemented that I got my first 13 star drop. I also loved how they made it so techs only started going from next to no damage to laughably small damage at level 16, and the drop rates on level 16 discs were about on par with today's 13 star weapon drop rates.

Yes and no, there's some shit like the DX gasha that is cash money. However there's two counter points. one being DX tickets can be gotten without buying them through challenges, Weekly Gasha (one a week unless it's a special week), daily play ticket exchange (15 tickets for 2) an event that gives them, etc.

The other bit is the DX gasha is RNG based and while each DX gasha has a limit of 150 items in it, meaning you WILL eventually get what you want from it (typically the new suit that's featured in a given DX Gasha) It's more "pay for a chance to win."

Couple that with the fact that just having a good suit won't guarantee your survival since skill as a pilot is one of the biggest factor in combat.

If you're one of those people that bitches about graphics I'd just suggest never looking into it because the models are a bit on the mid PS2-era side. However this is meant to run on toasters in Japan and PC gaming in Nippon is still extremely niche, even more so then here in the west.

Still 51v51 battles is neat, the downside is you NEED a VPN because JP IPs only. I use mudfish which requires you to pay. But 3 bucks lasts almost an entire year because it's pay for bandwidth used instead of a monthly sub model like WTFast. And even with a paid VPN you're going to have a high latency I scrape the high 180s low 190s on a good node that isn't one of the banned ones.

who playing with reddit? not this bad mofu (*'▽')

don't be mad cuz you aint beat solo PD ( *´艸`)

I like your jojo guy (*'▽') tho he reminds me of kazuma from yu yu hakusho also I am saving this image for future use as a macro

No he's right, you seem like one of those 7-11 guys that tried to recruit here and got shat on by one dude in your thread so hard you guys stopped trying ot post here. Actually IIRC it even came to light you faggots were bottom of the barrel when it came to the /vg/ groups.

Is that what happened? I always wondered why the pso2 threads died.

No, that's horseshit. What happened was the team from /monster/ decided to shitpost the thread to death with similar claims.

As proof, there is only 1 8ch /vg/ pso2 thread up and only one team that posts in it. The poster above is probably conflating us with half/vg/ and if that is the case he really needs to go back.

No mate, it was ONE dude

ONE I was watchign the thread ONE ID and the guy never said anything but got you fags so assmad you went and hunted down who was doing it. You only knew what to look for anyways because he wanted to fuck with you meaning he was probably baiting you retards and it worked.

It never gets old.

It was more than one ID, and you, apparently. Regardless, ironic shitposting is still shitposting.

I think I asked this of you before, but you don't have any real proof of your claims, do you?

It's not even a group from 8ch Holla Forums it's some group from reddit that went to /vg/.

Shit I was watching the thread when it popped up and the guy who was shit posting had his shit deleted and just came back in full force.

It was one, then that got nuked and then it started again which means it was likely the same guy just coming back.

Do you? Because mate it sounds like you got baited hard and don't want to accept it. I'm just gonna go play some MSGO since Queue popped.

I don't know what 7-11 is or what you are talking about, sry

The burden of proof is from you, shitposter kun.

Well just play with us once I FR you after I get home and you can decide for yourself if we're worth your time or not. All this drama is really annoying and I would prefer not to deal with it anyhow.

Yeah one team is a bunch of randoms and another is a bunch of dedicated fetishists but both associate with 8ch. What could possibly go wrong?

The thing is you'll fit right in for both 7-11 and /monster/. Take your pick.

Jesus you guys need to calm down, here's a pic of some Saberfish.

Which is their poison?

On another note, your shit looks worse than PS2 game.
Is it strictly PvP game, or it has some campaign or story mode?

Take a wild guess.

i play Champions online
is bad, don't try it

PvP only 51v51

Still looks like shit

Ganguro is fucking hideous though, and you don't even look like it.

Money was on furry or fat.

i think its more like Manba, but gone wrong

I looks like a nigger

I used to play!

I quit after it became too ded that the devs don't even update it

So what the fuck is the difference?

they update now and do some quality of life fixes, but is still not good, so yeah

yamanba (manba for short) fashion is a later form of ganguro after ganguro fashion fell out of the mainstream, basically it's more transgressive and more extreme

is right in that my character doesn't really look like it anymore but she was inspired by that originally ('◇')ゞ

So it's just rebranded Ganguro? one of the shittiest fetishes out there next to NTR.

Well fuck me looks like I found a new board to visit.

And furfag managed to run a functional PSO2 proxy for what two or three years? So yeah don't judge people solely for their fetishes. Actually judge them solely for their fetishes.

Any PSO2fags know what this item is called?

I want to buy it but I'm drawing a blank.

Yep
They sure do.

Pretty sure it's one of those cross-ship championship items, you can't buy those but it might get revived or be reward for some "do X" event. Try /vg/ thread if you have questions about pso2, this one is more general MMO one even though it doesn't look like it with all the shitposting.

So like why not merge them?
I mean they are both from 8ch.

Gundam online is shit

I tried to get people to at least run together but when you have board mod who is also a manager of the team hating you for no reason it didn't/won't work. On the other hand you have 2 teams to choose from and nothing stops you from running with the other team.

Sounds like classic hotpocket problem.

Guess what's coming to consoles. If M&K isn't supported be prepared to farm them.

It's the only thing that game is good for.
Too bad I haven't saved any.

Is there one with non shit combat? If I see yet another tag targeting crapfest I'll put a harness on Mark and ride him to Mexico

Given how poorly Tera runs on supercomputers I find it hard to believe it'll be tolerable on consoles.

ehhh? I never had any problems running TERA. it's just Unreal 3 with bigmaps. Even my old old PC 2 upgrades ago with SLI GTX 460s ran it flawless with super-sampling.

What? When was the last time you played?

Probably there was an update that removed the horrible optimization. Or reduced quality and frames on the consoles. It's hard to believe a console can handle this game.

>Only class that seems fun for me on the surface is big, hulking berserker which I can't play because my severe autism prevents me from playing any character that isn't a female or robot

Am I missing something? I kind of want a new game I can fuck around in but it's not at all clear what the fuck I'm doing at any one time. Incidentally are there any games with good crafting systems that aren't FFXIV? Never was a huge fan of it. I feel like with the rate I'm going in terms of discovering a new time sink I'll be playing Guild Wars 2 til it gets shut down.

GW2

Technically it only has one if you count "Pure" 8ch as in doesn't exist on any other site.

I got in contact with that group last night and it seems you faggots got so upset you went over there and demanded you kick the dude out if they wanted to play with you. How fucking sad is that?

Why would you or anyone join a 'Holla Forums' guild/group? It immediately looses the charm of being anonymous for tripfaggots and closet /cow/s.

Dipped back into Secret World, forgot how good the atmosphere and stories could be, pity the combat is mind numbingly boring

is me am telefon

last time I played was on my current PC a couple of months ago and it ran great tho my current PC is fukken beast mode but still it didn't seem different from back at ktera launch or in US beta

So much potential, wasted.

BDO has porn? I've not seen any.

Got back into GW2 after a 4 year hiatus, it's a much much better game now.

Yeah it's hit and miss, some of the missions are a mixed bag, some shitty fucking vehicle segment followed by the most spooky ass exploration of a orphanage ever.

Plus storywise, each zone has a bad end

5 or 6 images between Gelbooru and Danbooru, and a single doujin on Exhentai.
Never seen any recognizable as being from BDO until I searched for it.

One is from reddit actually Same reason why the STO guild is shit, it's actually a reddit guild

They still have those overpowered gender/race locked classes?

wasnt one of the lore writers a huge SJW?

Pretty sure there are anons in the thread who want to play some MMO but it's kinda hard with almost all of them being not even polished turds so do try PSO2.

In short if I have to define best features of PSO2 it's awesome non-cooldown based combat and autistic character customization, though some of the usual MMO shit like exploration or questing in different locations is generally non-existent but then most MMOs eventually lead to afking in main hub and running top dungeons/pvp enclosures. The game isn't hard even though it got more difficult content lately, but the skill difference between simply not hugging floor too much and completing Emergency 2-4 times faster is huge. The game is PvE focused though there is PvP as of recently but it feels like a minigame and while somewhat fun, not worth playing PSO2 for. Most of shit is client-side with some checks on the server so you won't feel ping even with shitty internets. PSO2 has 9 classes with 2-3 weapons each to choose from with actually varying playstyles with different skillcaps so it's perfect if you just want a game with good combat.
The game got major graphic update last year along with release on nogaems4 so right now it's on par with majority of games. As for f2p, it has probably the best f2p system out there with nothing but some convenience shit +storage to already huge 1400 storage and cosmetics some becomes rewards for events later locked behind paywall, last patch also removed passes required to buy high (not top, gotta earn it) quality gear. Grind is not bad as the game mostly moved away from pure RNG based system, including improving gear.
The game is much better with a team check /vg/ on later difficulties, though don't expect much help or any difficulty on pre Super Hard/eXtra Hard difficulties that's mostly level locks but leveling is easy. So far, for over a year I played, the team was almost free of drama but if that's you want then please do try halfchan teams and their general and enjoy endless avatarfagging, ERP and shitflinging, which is what a single falseflagging "711 is le plebbit" user tries to bring from 4chin.

tfw want more interesting people to enjoy the game with but a falseflagging gendum poster shits into every thread to drive people away from both game and the team; taking part in "discussion"(getting shat on) is no good, ignoring isn't much better…

On a side note I know some faggots went to Final Fantasy but no one even mentions it in this thread, is it even worth anything? Last time I checked it it was yet-another-cooldown-simulator/wowclone with catgirls.

The only mmo worth playing is Tera.

Fuck tab targeting and shitty gameplay.

But tera is a tab target cool down simulator.

They just added AOE to everything, even auto attacks.

Nice formatting btw.

I like it too.

LIFE

My problem with PSO2 endgame is that actually fun and challenging solo content is locked behind ridiculous, I don't even know how to call them, time gates? Grind gates? Just fuck my shit up gates?
Until recently just to attempt solo XQ you needed 5 extreme passes.
And now to run solo PD you need fucking 50 goddamn gold badges.
So in order to play fun stuff once, you need to grind boring stuff for quite a fucking while.
What's the point? Why? Are rewards so amazing? No they are shit, why the fuck do you limit my fun? You can't even buy this shit, so it's not even free-to-play sort of limitation, it's straight up "lol fuck u" bullshit.
Yeah I'm mad about it. Sega is fucking stupid for doing it. I don't want it.
And content that is freely accessible? Yeah it's all brain dead musou-tier button mash where you either one shot everything or is forced into co-op because of enemies being damage sponges.

Oh and I won't even go into grinding/affixing area. They kinda fixed the first with NT weapons, but they yet to fix the second.

Warhammer RoR is fun, if you have a group to play with.
Its pretty damned old school compared to newer MMO's, in that you can't do much soloing, you need a balanced party to get anywhere past the first 10 levels.
This makes it a good team building exercise for a group of friends, as you have to work together to get shit done.

Then again, my opinion on MMO's may well be shit, after all I paid for GW2 and HoT because a mate was badgering me to play it with them and I've played STO since I like my spaceships going *pew*pew* and killing xeno's starship troopers style but at least I've never paid them a single dime for it and I didn't like the mindnumbing tedium that is EVE online when I tried it back in 2005 or there about.

Can't call it ridiculous fuck my shit up gates, badges are literally trash tier. If you want challenge try running solo or duo in non-expert blocks and see how well you can manage, if you can't do 25-33% of MPA damage then there's room to improve. Really, if you are good, you can beat any content with 3 other similar skilled+geared people faster than full MPA of hellblock regulars.
As for affixes, do they really need to fix it? Final recipe is usually 100%, 96-98% if you're feeling lucky but then expect Dudu to fuck your shit up because he probably will. Average affixes are cheap and going above that increases price exponentially while actually not affecting performance that much, if anything it's the best way to earn money to buy anything you want in the game.

Isn't it ded? I played it when it was out but it was flawed, buggy and unbalanced not in a fun way, some time later it went f2p and I don't remember hearing anything good about it. Was anything fixed there or does it simply exist like most MMOs because earning some bux is better than earning no bux?

RoR is a private server made by a group of fans trying to keep it alive. It doesn't have everything, but they are still working on it.
Its here if you are interested: returnofreckoning.com/

So I've been looking for a MMO, picked up GW2 since I had it since it came out and dropped it like a turd when I saw what the devs are like. I'm gonna give PSO2 a try.

But can I play the game untranslated from Europe? I learned English through video games in the past, and now the biggest obstacle between me and Japanese is reading. It would be nice if I could learn kanji I don't know while playing, it surely would be faster and more enjoyable for me. Unless the game is %90 katakana, then it would be a waste of time.

eh 14's okay, it's just at the end of a content cycle so it's not really worth it atm.
It's better than most tab targets by virtue of having off GCD skills, and some rotations are pretty tight. The issue being that the story is one of the main focuses of the game, and it tends to get lost in itself and have a ton of filler.
Overall it's a 5-6/10 decent with friends. I mean I know Meh still plays TERA but according to him it just keeps getting worse with each patch.
They did recently make Warriors highest single target dps in theory because bosses have AoE nonsense to deal with that ranged doesn't, in practice I think Sorc is highest. Mystic is obscenely high dps and can easily outdo a bad dps

I know a few people who used to play with the Holla Forums guild play on and off usually out of morbid curiosity on how bad the class balance is shitting the bed. I think that skeleton tank guy got a sorc to max for whatever reason

Yep, you can use official launcher or Tweaker and not apply english patches, Tweaker generally works better than the official launcher. Ship2 =server is unofficial international ship but like 50% of players are japanese, so you might want it if you want mix of both and still play with anons from there while being in some japanese team for language practice, otherwise you can join user who is probably on Ship4 for maximum language exposure.

Thanks for heads up, dubs anons, kinda makes me want to try that private Warhammer server, I remember those pvpXpve locations and black orks really fun.

My point stands, why do I need to grind for badges to access actual gameplay? It's shit. The fact that you're willing to mindlessly grind for it doesn't alleviate the fact.

I don't grind them user, they drop like trash whenever I want them or not and I see soloPD as bonus content, if you see that content as the only worth of playing PSO2 for then yes, it's shit design for you. By the way, most likely sega used soloPD (4man LQ probably too) to measure ability and willingness of players to run difficult content, so depending on wherever they like it or not, we might see more of that in the future.

I play Heroes of the Storm for nostalgia!
Le le le XD

Yeah that's my problem I guess.
It just feel like a waste when you have such elaborate combat system and almost nothing to use it on.

More likely it's optimized like shit because looking into it SEGA has a bad history with PSO2 and shit ideas. see level 80 cap requirements. And no, just because you can do it doesn't make it "easy", one look over their forums and you've got all kinds of people complaining about that shit because of how retarded it is.

also the new genderlock classes and spacebar samshing is killing it for me, i still play but i think the only reason is my cute elin.

i assume hes talking about the nude mods

ERP valk cassardis.imgur.com/
Titty Kuno imgur.com/a/cqiCM
Milfsorc imgur.com/a/FZmwV
Cyclops imgur.com/a/2zvPG
Tattoo imgur.com/a/n3eKO
DrowLewds imgur.com/a/9K56C
CutestTamer imgur.com/a/jq06Q
Horsefucker imgur.com/a/jA4UM
Creepshots imgur.com/a/iY50t
LewdTattooSorc imgur.com/a/7wzsn
FutaMistress imgur.com/a/2yqvo
Mayyd imgur.com/a/5W8Qk
Elf#276 imgur.com/a/XkTwf

That's the stuff mate, thanks.

Tera does not use tab targeting troll. Nice try.

I knew Holla Forums was retarded, but damn. It's like you guys hate comfiness.

I played that once and couldn't get passed the first area because it put me to sleep.

This game makes me genuinely want to die. It had the potential to revitalize the MMO genre and bring it back to what they always should have been. But no, the publisher/Whales demanded that PA remove almost every part of the game that made it unique and make it into another generic P2W grindfest.

This shit right here elaborates on what I'm talking about really well: black-desert.com/articles/black-desert-how-we-were-expect-it-to-be-and-how-it-is-now/

I used to play it. The game was rather comfy and felt like it was really the game to RP in.

play ogrefest, get free cash shop items, install lewd mods without consequence

This sounds like an improvement, but have any of the cut mechanics been re-added? IS THERE FUCKING PLAYER-TRADING?! I just want to live out my dream of traveling across the land trading my wares.

That's never going to happen in any game and you know it. Best case scenario is your 'wares' are a few hundred stone of jordan rings/zod runes because that's all anyone wants, worst case is you compete with the legions of chinese gold farming bots.

Will it even have cross-platform play? It seems like every game that should have cross platform play never does & the few that do shouldn't.

Pretty much this.
The only games with free trading currently active and not killed by bots that I am aware of are Warframe and PSO2.
And surprise-surprise both are instanced action games rather than proper MMOs, that's how they aren't killed by bots to begin with.
So yeah jews like will never get the game they want thankfully.

I like how that's the best you got for completely removing player trading even just person to person.
IT'LL SHOW THOSE NASTY BOTS WHEN I CAN'T HELP OTHER PLAYERS

Wanna help other players? Play with them.
What you want is pretty much a gimmick at this point and is not needed in the age of wikis and datamining.
Or play Recettear or some shit.

trading is a gimmick, you heard it here first folks.
Economies are just gimmicks

They actually are, unless your game is built for it from ground up.
I mean trading in PSO2 is dead because it's easier to grind for shit.
And trading in Warframe is alive because of insanely low drop rates.
So yeah in action games or RPGs economies are just gimmicks.

Except it's not free and trading in PSO2 requires premium.

Trading is PSO2 is dead because it's a paid feature. And people do it all the time still.

Guild Wars 2
PLEASE KILL ME!

This entire line almost gave me terminal cancer. I really hope this is bait.

I think the only online game functionally built around trading that isn't financial strategy is Path of Exile.
Except you have to buy more stash space to be able to trade evenly goy fellow hebrew.

m8, thanks for that link, I have been retarded in trying to locate that shit.

Is it worth trying to get into? I didn't really give the game a real shot. New mmos are kind of overwhelming to try to get into. Maybe I should just start playing ffxiv again.

It's as if no one remembers "the Realm"

Should've gotten a refund right then. The game is an example of pure socialism and suffers all the consequences that come with it.
M-muh bots!

The problem with the game is nothing removes money or materials from the game except enhancement failures, and that only accounts for enhancement materials. Everything else in the game that isn't used to make potions and food has been diverted into side hobbies that equate to afk activities you can set up for more silver. It's shitty because the initial game is clearly capable and designed to do much much more, but Pearl Abyss just figured that koreans were too fucking stupid to have fun with anything but another mindless grinder, despite the obvious former popularity of Archeage.
Only thing keeping me in the game currently is the genocide that will occur when it finally goes F2p and my mediocre gear makes me as a god as I wade through a sea of fresh lvl 45s.And despite everything the devs seem most intersted in simply expanding the game world, which still appeals to me greatly, even if all it means is that I get more money from my crates.

Because you hate soloing, apparently. At least you didn't drop sound. Fuck those people.

It's comfy as fuck. It's basically a purely PvE game, if you're into that sort of thing. At the very least, it's worth looking into.

I just want a game where I can just be a warrior, and never do group content ever again, just give me good music and an axe, I am tired of spaceships, guns, futuristic shit, just let me go wild wih an axe and if possible with single player story, please.

>we failed the second part of the run but still had fun

I guess that's what I get for playing MapleStory out of nostalgia.
Polite sage for blog-posting.

Are there any decent looking MMO's in development right now?

It's all the same shit.
I mean I can't even give you the names because I didn't remember any of them, they all look like something that already exists.
BDO was the last game that at least initially looked fresh, and we know how it turned out.

Human existence is finite, so why would you waste it playing fucking MMOs? Do you even like videogames?

Trying a bit too hard ere matey

Why waste it playing video games at all?

Why live at all?

exactly

At least they're not trying to be WoW anymore….right?