And then you remembered sketching up a game idea long long ago

and then you remembered sketching up a game idea long long ago.

Mario was being designed with platform level you can jump to being marked on paper. Distance at the bottom most likely serve similar purpose.
This is mildly interesting.

The hard part was translating those sketches to assembly code.

I have a note book with a share of game ideas that will never go anywhere because I don't code

It's still good mental exercise, even if it's purely recreational. Should learn how to code and make a simple game, making vidya is more fun than playing vidya.

Perhaps I'll pop into AGDG, even if it's some shitty top down thing. They're mostly racing games. Would anyone want me to share my autism?

Sure, start with 2D stuff. It's important to think small when you're a beginner, there's a lot to learn and you don't want to get demotivated by not being able to finish your dream game.

Glad they didn't go with that.

wait a second.
i remember playing games with nothing more than pencil and paper

One of these days I'll do it, but not today.

those are to stab your own eyes when you realize how shitty videogames have become

Checked

Just make them out of cardstock

Doom and Wolfenstein are really great for this kind of stuff because actual editing is done in an overhead, 2D style, so it fits well on graph paper. I usually make it so that 1 square on graph is a 16x16 area, so 4 is one 64x64 tile.

Imagining that controller design in my hands, it would feel comfy, though the trouble would be whenever you move the joysticks down feeling annoying

could be worse

thanks madcatz

First one looks less weird than the abomination that is the N64 controller.

Oh don't remind me.

We live in an era where a dude stuck a controller up his asshole on day 1 console launch and reviewed the experience on a review site

He didn't even play it, he just bought a 300 dollar device for the 75 buck controllor and stuck it
UP HIS ASS
TO REVIEW THE FEELING
ON A GAME REVIEW SITE

Guys just think about it
Have you ever seen sony and madcatz in the same place at the same time?

Why the fuck didn't I think of doing that for my work?

Was he at least testing the HD rumble, and not just sticking an awkwardly shaped hunk of plastic up his ass for no reason?

The design is retarded but it makes you think..
The placement of the analog stick was never good because you can't use the analog and the face buttons at the same time because both use the thumbs. That goes for every controller ever and not just Sony.
If there was a way to use another finger for the analogs, that would be swell.

Sony, Nintendo and Madkatz are seperate heads of the same beast when it comes to weird controller schemeatics.

Interact was completely ahead of their time.
The Stormchaser and the Mako Pad were/are still incredibly durable and work like they did when I was younger.

Meanwhile, Pelican was travelling the time stream and dropping off shit that wouldn't get invented by Sony, Nintendo or Microsoft until 2006, in 2001.

There's plenty of ways to use the controller. Just adapt.

Pretty sure that's not what the controller was designed for, negrito

It doesn't matter what the designers intended, what matters is that it's not only possible, but fucking simple

Didn't think you were actually making an argument, though it was just a joke.

I'm pretty sure he didn't.

That says a lot about you

Likewise

Yup, he plays videogames and you complain on imageboards while knowing jack shit about what you are talking about.

Are you emotionally attached to the claw method or something, fag?
I'm not complaining. You guys can do whatever you want. Ask me if I care.
The point is grabbing the controller like that is not exactly the most comfortable method there is. Hence the "wasn't designed for that" part. If they made a controller with the claw method in mind, it'd be shaped differently to account for it.
It works, yes, but it's not optimal

I'm emotionally attached to videogames, which there are plenty of that require clawing to have a good experience with them. Dismissing the clawing just because it's not comfortable means that you are dismissing games that make use of it. Which in turn creates a reasonable conclusion:"You'd rather complain, than play videogames".
sure thing bud

o i am laffin

It was an FPS where every gun was an instrument. Guitars are assault rifles, trumpets are shotguns, saxophones are mortars, trombones are bazookas, you get the idea

and then here's some items, OoT's Water Temple, and concept art for Bosconian

Well, didn't actually expect you to admit it. Ah well.
This is why I'm saying your attachment makes you retarded. You're letting the emotions you have for a method you used in the past for a videogame make you irrational.
I didn't complain. I never played a game that required me to use my hands in that way so I have no reason to. I was just suggesting that there should be a design that accounted for it without making it uncomfortable.
If you want to dismiss such idea, fine. But don't come crying to me because I don't like your way of grabbing a controller. That's pathetic. You're bitching at the fact that someone doesn't like or do something you do.

QED

That's a non sequitur, shitposter.

Bump

Seeing them sketch out all the little details makes me sad that I can't draw perspective, or anything else.

Even if that is true you are still a faggot.