Styx: shards of darkness marketing fail

What have they done to styx ? This game had slow, well paced dialogue with no goofy shit. What is this crap ? Quirky dialogue ? Rap music ? Funny faces ?
Tell me it's just the marketing Holla Forums. I loved the previous game.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyanide_(company)
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Its not just marketing.

I saw they did crafting. But it's like the whole character is now some comic relief.

That isn't a reassuring trailer.

Styx wasn't perfect but was still really fun. This new one looks to be OK but likely not as good as the first.

That trailer is try hard to a T. Styx always joked around and made light of the situation but not to the extent he does here. Perhaps its a personality change after what happened with the first game. So it does make sense, its just cringe worthy and falls flat. Also,

He's essentially immortal due to his cloning and his own "man". He is a clone who broke free and killed the original. He also gained power at the end of the game

The original could and did die. Why would the new one be immortal?

They want the normal audience, the marketers thought this would be hip and cool.

Read the second and third words carefully.

There goes any interest I had in the sequel.

esentially
It has pretty mixed definitions m8.

I'm not sure what exact audience they wanted with a line like that.

Curb your autism, you know what I mean.

His power of cloning likely gives him a "nothing really matters" mindset, so he acts like Deadpool or something because that's what the kids like.

But deadpool is shit.

It made 783 million dollars and it already has a sequel in the works. Quality isn't what they're going for.

The trailer is shit and it was probably made by some "make your enemies cry like an anime fan on prom night" tier level marketing retard

The game itself is more light hearted than the previous wich took itself way to serius

Styx makes a lot of commentary during missions usually cracking jokes at other stealth franchizes and ocacionally breaking the 4th wall to adress the player directly.
It's nothig particularly intrussive as in the Deadpool movie where he unapologetically winks at the camera and makes references, not jokes, to other movies like Green Lantern

All that 4th wall breaking are joikes about the stealth genere are basically kept for in game comentary, tutorial levels and couple of jokes when you die, and they are a lot more subtle than Deadpool's "hurdur we're in comic book movie" tier jokes. he crackrs jokes like:
"Finding X object is as easy as finding an assassin in a hay stack" instead of: "make sure not to make the suit green… or animated"
Both of them are makeing references to other works but Styx is still more subtel with his humor thant Deadpool when he is all: "hey look at me i'm referencing other movies XD"

The story itself still keeps a serious tone, Styx is a little bit more snarky than in the previous game wich is fine since he is no longer dealing with the existential crisis of being an expendable puppet created to die and being constantly haunted by the shared thoughts of anyone who touches the amber

He is still an amber adict, greddy, satanic murder gobling, the only difference is that now he has a sence of humor

You said it yourself. He always had it, but now it has added cancer.

Hehe.
Another one bites the dust.

He has an ability that allows his soul to posses any clone he makes
So long as he has a clone made, he cannot die
It's not like he is immortal but he doesn't take thing to serious either
Let's put it this way, if the original Styx made the kind of jokes and commentary that Garret would have
Sequel Styx also makes the kind of jokes and commentary that Jack Sparrow would

This is the exact point of corruption in a series. You have to notice it or at game 3 you will be wondering how things got this bad.
These quirky jokes do not fit him at all.

Strange, the preview videos I've seen weren't like this at all. It seemed just like MoS with more grass to me.

you may like it or hate it
The devs had the good taste to keep that type of humor separated from the main story
I kinda enjoy playing through the level and listening Styx make the kind of jokes about Thief, Dishonoered or Assassin Creed that i would IRL
That said when it's story time, it's story time, no 4th wall breaking snark or sarcasm
Wich is why i don't find this type of humor all that intrussive
There are some retard one liners that don't fit the character at all though, like "to infinity and beyond" when going down a zip line or one tarzan joke when he swings in a rope for example, But then there are some good ones like refering to the architecture of a place as "made in fucked up period, seriusly it's like they tryed to make my job easyer, no wonder they have so much trouble with goblings giving us so many places to sneak through"

He is more of a comedian now throwing jokes at rapid fire and sometimes he misses the mark, it would have bothered me if that kind of attitude had been crammed into the main story but it's only kept for in game commentary only wich is why i don't find it intrussive

It has blue skyes to
the emviroment seems a little more livelly than the dark, depressing, claustrophobic tower from the first game

It kind of reminds me of the changes between Tomb Raider 1 and 2

Looks like it's just a bad trailer. I get the feeling a lot of these lines were recorded for this trailer and likely wouldn't be in the game.

Styx was a fucking fluke, look at the studio's history.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyanide_(company)
Most of their games are shit.
They made one or two good games, but it's mostly shovelware.

Wait a fucking second they made Confrontation? That piece of fucking garbage, they made that?
And then they made stuff I actually liked like Aarklash, Of Orcs and Men and Styx?

Thats nothing, most game developers that don't make a big hit produce shovelware over the years to stay afloat. Just look at Rare and how much shit they produced before they got big with Donkey Kong.

Yes they made Of Orcs and Men. When I first saw Styx, I actually thought it was a sequel to it.

They also worked on overhyped pile of shit Space Hulk: Deathwing.

Styx was always an asshole so some of these joke fit his personality. But I'm guessing these are for the trailer or when you die Styx breaks the 4th wall and says you suck.

Cancer. Just pure unfiltered cancer.
Blame the kikes and niggers.

No, just blame the devs because 90% of everything they release is shit.

How could they fuck up their marketing this badly? Styx was an amazing middleware title and one of the best stealth games released in the past few years. Don't they even know the merits of their own product?

So he's basically Goblin-Garett now.

I agree. Don't turn him into Redditpool already.

Styx was their big break. They have a LOT riding on this one.

Mass-market appeal. Nothing escapes its clutches.

The character was the best part about the first game he appeared in, so he got his own game in a spin-off sequel. That game did marginally better. Jewish eyes spied potential shekels and so they started the slide toward pandering more to normalfags for a bigger marketshare. The slide will continue.
This has all happened before and this will all happen again.
Also, if should be fewer calories, not less. Fucking illiterate goblin cunt.

Never even heard of the games before this thread, will pirate now.

They really are lost with the direction of this franchise. I usually like these dagger-creep type characters, but Styx is just kind of a mess. The amber and cloning thing just makes him too alien to be properly relateable, and then they try to patch that up by giving him jokes that don't really hit the mark that often.

I hope it's just marketing.

What happened with the Elves? They could sense you in the first 1, they seem to have lost that ability.

what "games"? Last time i checked there was one game and then there was Of orcs and Men which only marginally qualifies as such

Truth be told, the trailer for the first game was pretty shit too

This trailer is badass as fuck.

More then one game in the series implies that there are games as opposed to a game.
Take your meds captain autismo.

For some reason this game was too boring for me. Maybe it's because it didn't have good music.

of course there are , now that the second ones comes along

inb4 some of these is not a game

Stop embarrassing yourself.

That's Queen, not Styx!

Games are about gameplay.

I'm not overly happy about this either but with regards to music I'll remind everyone that Thief was advertised with trashy rock music and even had that shit in its pre-menu cutscene.

Ok. Crafting in a heavy stealth game. Why ?

go fillete a shotgun