ray of hope still not released. Current projected release date- never

topics to discuss

played it first and am done with it
why? and muh steam hours.
mp5s, main is optional.
psydog.
merc, cucksky comes after.
cordon, carpark.

I'm playing without warfare right now with STCoP. I'm going to give warfare a proper try after I figure out how to beat CoC/stcop "vanilla". From what I played last time it was kind of fun but very broken. I'm gonna see if it's still broken.

Well the mod's description says I may not work if you put it there.

As far as the appdata folder goes, I had bad issues with the game studdering before I deleted the appdata. After deleting that folder everything worked fine.

baby gun for baby stalker

absolutely gay

okay, that's agreeable.

How come you can like this game? Everytime I try and talk about Overwatch people call me a shill -_-

that babygun destroys bloodsucker within a second with 40 rounds and max rof. also saved ne from a chimera that traveled with me to yantar.

played it for hours and reached a point where i got sick of my faction giving up nodes as soon as i left the map
no, fuck you
Saiga-12
izloms are the goddamn devil
ecologists, with monofags and duty tied for second
skadovsk, with some added radio variety

if you're gonna bait at least be a little less obvious

thats not how you spell snork or borya

Does anyone else exclusively play ironman mode?

It makes the game so much more entertaining. My longest save is 2 weeks.

i've been playing call of misery, so no

i don't mind starting over, but goddamn sometimes the aim on bandits early on is fucking ludicrous

the only way to play coc really. with the new asrael mode, depth was also added. found my first characters stash in a chest a few hours later and gave me feels.

Correct. I once conquered the entire zone with my brothers in the glorious monolith faction.
What kind of ignorant pleb uses steam anyways.
I always use a variety of weapons with different characters. When i united the zone under monolith i used a M249 LMG primarily, although i stared off with PKM witch took some getting used to. Recently i have been enjoying the SR-3 Vikhr - witch i assumed was rubbish until i noticed that it's chambered for 9x39 ammunition.
Controller. I will never forget that first encounter in agroprom underground.
I find myself always abstaining from freedom, duty and the military but i love all the rest. I'm tied between loners and monolith for favorite.
100 rads with that jukebox in OGSE was super comfort. I also like the train hangar in garbage and yanov station.
I hope insider user brings news.

you remind me of my warfare run. i was monolith with pkm and exo suit. played with the warfare settings and gave military a bit too much ressources. i fought freedom and after that only military since they rolled over every other faction (even eco). killed the last military scum in clear sky base, deleted all my saves, went to the sarcophag and wished the zone away. was a great 3 days.

Exactly, i even went to the sarcophagus with my squad mates to bask in the monoliths beauty after our conquest was complete. I never use exo suits though, SEVA for life. The hardest part was red forest before the spawning barrier existed. It's the middle of the night and all manner of hell would not stop spawning all around me for the longest time.

pls, my ptsd. red forest was the longest battle i had there, like stalingrad. because of high ressources, the military just spawned a new squad every minute. it was also night and halfway trough it started to rain.

also i too love seva but at the time with the pkm and 1200 rounds, it just felt right being a tank. i have rad screenshots from that game. geddit, rad!

It's still shit. The bullets have such a sharp drop that you may as well be pissing at the enemy. I've seen grenade launchers with flatter trajectory, and that thing is supposed to be a sniper.

Personally I just stick with NATO guns and the SVD, only weapons in the game that can actually hit what you point them at.

Also shotguns for mutants but that kind of goes without saying. If you are trying to take down mutants with a rifle you deserve to be lost to the zone.

I'm pretty sure that red forest nightmare was the most intense fight i have ever endured. I ran out of ammo and was picking up random shit guns while pseudodogs and a burrower came out of thin air. The memories are so vivid.

I felt like some sort of unholy glass cannon. Very rad.

Far out i hadn't noticed yet. I always wonder what they're like irl.

I tried a bandit run with just using a shotgun and граната and while it was great fun, i soon discovered how difficult it is against snipers.

its just the morning after was so silent and peaceful. everything belonged to my waifu, the monolith.

Which addons do you guys recommend for CoC?
Are there any I should avoid?

JSGME is good for trying different mods without stuffing up the install. And as OP points out:
Using either AO3 or STCOP is excellent and OA is also nice. I always just check out the popular mods page. I've been thinking of giving the dynamic factions and quests mod a go but they don't seem like much.

is this bait? its a 9x39 carbine similar to the ak74/u but with bigger boolets

Why is Muhammad fighting for Russia?

STCoP and DoctorX's questlines.

And outfit overhaul. Once it gets a few more updates immersive fast travel will probably become a necessity.

Sorry I assumed he was talking about the Vintorez AKA Vintar, since that's the only 9x39 in any of the games. The Vintar absolutely is designed as a sniper rifle, complete with built-on 4x scope, only it has terrible ballistics as I mentioned earlier.

I can't imagine how an even less-accurate rifle using the same semi-rare ammo to less effect would be any better.

Does anyone still play ShoC? I've been playing Doom's mod merge and I gotta say it feels pretty good after playing so much CoC.
Has anyone here played Stalkersoup / Narodnaya Solyanka? Are they worth anything? I tried Stalkersoup some years ago and it was a fucking mess. Felt like I was playing some drug dream that made no sense at all.

Everything alright there?

Thanks for the clarification. I was using the SR-3 as an assault rifle but was confused by

Wrong thread, sorry.

the tunder s-14 is 9x39 too and in all 3 games :^)
but your right about the bullet drop, it feels like they balanced it around the gun having all the flatness upgrades installed so without them it feels like your throwing rocks instead of shooting bullets

How should one approach playing clear sky? Heard it has major issues like guns doing shitty damage and enemy grenades homing perfectly to your position.

What mods are essential while keeping relatively close to vanilla in other aspects?

I have like 200 hours in a single Joint Pak 2 playthrough, and if you thought SS was a mess, stay far, far away.

AO+SRP merge and just treat it like a fun action game in between SoC and CoP.

Merge mods? Is there a special way to do it? Sounds like more than just tossing mod files together in one location

AO+SRP merge is AO+SRP merged as a single mod, just drag and drop.

Grap it from the CS repo and away you go: mega:#F!NoVzUJLZ!g4Qdy88rL3BG7WTlNXsGOw

Damn, thanks a lot

I don't know if I really want to start another playthrough of STALKER. I think the only thing that will get me back is a mod that adds a new storyline and mutants, or RoH. Really wish there were more FPS games that scratched that itch for exploration and gear progression.
I know that. It's funny how I made that mistake my first time though.
Remington 870. Sig 550 in vanilla.
Bloodcyka.
Clear Sky, mercs second.
Hard to pick. Probably Yanov station or Rookie village.

I've played other russian mods and I get that they have a massive hard on about creating these mods as hard as possible, but what the hell were they thinking with some of the new missions. Not to mention they felt like somebody slipped marked one some research chemicals and let him loose. Actually I think the mod makers might've been taking some research chemicals themselves.

How am I supposed to get detectors in CoC? It seems that no one is selling them, not even scientists

Sawn-off TOZ 34
Burer
Clear Sky
I like the train station in the Garbage, or the Wild Territory in general once it's been cleared of any inmediate hostile presence, that is.

Also why is it that with Azazel mode on, almost every stalker I switch to is bleeding? Do most of them have hemorrhoids or something? It's all fine when the injuries are low and it goes away after a bit, but some of them are past the point of natural recovery, and the bleed starts getting worse. The fact that a lot of them don't carry bandages or medkits around makes this worse.

Bump

Does it include the same bullshittery Misery 2.** included or was that taken out?

I believe its just the asthetics and gear