mega.nz/#F!es1BSKQR!spODyd0iaQmMelGA2GscFw
a.cocaine.ninja/oaxrtd.zip
msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/6a71f45d.aspx
msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/x53a06bb.aspx
videos.raywenderlich.com/courses/beginning-c/lessons/1
terminusest13.tumblr.com/tagged/journey-to-the-west
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intermodal_container
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drum_(container)
weaverdev.tumblr.com/post/158286620571/going-overboard-with-debugtest-areas-is-my
rpgmaker.net/games/6544/
contest.gamedevfort.com/submission/657
piskelapp.com/
aseprite.org/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

To kickstart the thread, I wanted some advice for how to make my pixelshit less shit.

Here are some attempts.

Go home, Andrew Hussie.

First for retail sim autism

Add some arms.

Odd Gentleman took my house, fam.

I wish I had Hussie's drawing skills
If you are wondering where are the arms, it's going to be Nuclear Throne style

Read above.

Implemented Tri-Attacks. Although it's still doesn't quite work perfectly.

I'm listening.

So let's say I have a ton of game objects, around 10,000 or so, and they each have a color associated with them.

Would it make more sense to have the color chosen from a palette of 16, a palette of 256, or any user-defined color? I'm mostly thinking about persistence and saving/loading. Having a user-defined palette of 16 sadly wouldn't work because of persistence, I don't want objects to magically change their colors… I don't think I do, anyways

I'm not really sure what is happening there. Are they trying to piss on a rock?

There it is. This is the semi-final version of the model.

Posting it here one last time because I'm going to be using it as a base for the female model and I really don't want it to have any flaws.

If theres nothing wrong, then I'll be re-unwrapping it and repainting the skin, and modeling the female character over the weekend with jiggly boobs and all of that good stuff.

Please do rip into it mercilessly.

Anons, am I doing a limited random dungeon wrong? It's for a 3D game with modular sections and I'm not making a roguelike or continuous dungeon, just a limited size random layout until you get a key to go the the next floor below, where it generates again but with larger grid size. I'm stuck on making sure that there are no isolated rooms.

Looking better mate. What is your overall theme for the Resonance of Fate clone? Also steampunk? With there be animu grills, flying skirts and panties? What is your plan to make the the custom characters once the framework is complete?

I still don't have the game's mechanics or story fully fleshed out yet, but I started spriting one of the characters for funsies. I'm not great at this.

Use "death magic" to possess living people to solve puzzles.

I meant mostly in regards to how the combat's supposed to work. He's not even the main character.

You can still use the possessing mechanics, but nevemind, I didn't read your post properly, I just stoped at "the game's mechanics" and wrote the first idea I had in mind.

please don't, the differences between healthy looking male and female are too big

Proportional editing, user. I can grab large areas and resize them gradually.

user, it's the current year.
Also maybe if he models lose fitting clothes it won't be obvious.

with a general human shape I can loosely grab the model and inflate and shrink it where needed. There's no limitation.

oh damn i thought you were just having an autistic obsession with shopping cart fam.
So what's will be the game about?

you got that right fam :^)

You're approaching it wrong. All rooms will always be connected to all neaby rooms, which is usually not what you want.

To fix your current problem, do a floodfill-like check of all the rooms you can get to from the beginning, and if there's any rooms you couldn't get to, connect to them from some random location. Repeat until all rooms can be reached.

It's an idea I've had for about a year or so, basically if RCT had lots of detail/autism and was about retail instead of theme parks.

Now that's a mockup in photoshop, I still need to work on my engine and shit in the meantime. But when I don't feel like programming, I've been collecting data to use; just today, I actually emailed a parts retailer for pricing on their shelving units and such.

or you could just make up the data, it doesn't have to be accurate if its fun
but wait, so it's basically some sort of ikea simulator?

Game Maker, why

Game Maker

why

Well I have no context. I don't know if a shelf is $20 or $35, for example.

Ideally, it would be some kind of logistics, service, and retail sim. Realistically, I would make it as a grocery store sim only, and add on different arcs as I go, smaller ones such as clothing or pharmacy items, or a larger expansion like food service/restaurant module

Assuming they are part of the game mechanics, you would set them to suit your game. I'm guessing there would be some cost/benefit associated with expanding shelf space?

Well yeah thered be a few different costs and advantages to different things. Shopping carts range from $75-150 up to $300 for features like coin locks or bumpers or durable wheels (in real life). Volume of items is another thing.

I want to have it so you can set modular shelf things and assign products to them (think stockpiles like DF). One thing i will have to consider is how shelving affects visual appeal so you can't just cram shit randomly.

In terms of cost, a mission might be "generate $100,000 of monthly profit within 5 years while having no debt" - you need lots of fixtures to support that volume but you have the choice on how to approach it.

oh damn, you have to set up the economy for the game, you're in for a hard time

the leg part looks a bit weird, like the muscle part and the toes thing (10/10 english) but other than that, i don't see any problem, looks a bit too realistic actually lol

Thanks.

Now I have to figure out Delaunay Triangulation and Minimal Spanning Tree. The first connects every room to each other (no maze experience), doesn't give any loops that add some nice confusion.

I've done a little research into that too. Theres some 3100 counties in the US; the idea was that itd use population demographics to generate random people based on race or religion, and these would determine preferences for products (kosher, halal, free trade, green, etc) or maybe they'll buy shit because its red

Now a full economy or transportation network would be more difficult; the list of interstate routes alone on wikipedia are inconsistent and missing data at best.

You weren't joking when you said retail sim autism. Do you plan on adding a Shaniqua type of voice for the cashier for extra realism and fun ?

also just thinking about it makes my head hurt, that's some really specific and diverse system, i can barely make a simple shop.

All that research will definitely help inform your decisions. I think I would try to break it to a formula. Assuming average play over x number of minutes will generate y amount of revenue. This way I could generally predict how long until a play could earn certain upgrades and make adjust by tweaking parameters in the formula. This way the economy is directly based off of gameplay rather than a facsimile of reality.

since i'm delving pretty deep into waifu territory, should i include loli too into the party?

Looks good. Anything stone & steel with being a bunch of boring grey is great.

*without

Why not?

just not sure with how will i slip in the loli into my story fam, but if i include the loli it will probably increase the chance of more shekel

fuck it i'll just try designing one

It wouldn't be too hard, I imagine.

Suppose that you set up a 4 ft modular shelf section to have 4 shelves. That gives you 4xLWH inches of volume - then every item that gets stocked on the shelf removes from that volume. Sort of like typical weight-based inventory system in an RPG, except that we just use a different arbitrary number.

When a shopper spawns and enters the store, they'll have a "goal" such as "grocery shopping" or "school shopping" and perhaps 3-10 items that match that tag; every time they enter a tile, they can look at nearby fixtures to see if it's either what they want, or categorically similar. The point of the merchandising will be to get them to put extra similar items in the core, but they will always look for the core items. Additionally, when it looks over the modular section for what they want, their personal tastes then determine whether they buy product A or product B.

>flip flopping between cancelling because someone else made almost the same game, and robbing others blind using said game as my shield

help

I was contemplating a high school setting or magic setting (or both) so yes to anime girls flying skirts and pantsu. I want to implement the armor system for the player characters as well so fashion actually acts as your armor rather than simply being cosmetic. As for the character creating itself, it's something I'll get to eventually.

I know that feel.
I've been working and have low energy.

rate loli progress

so basically it's a matter of comparing tag, and random number with percentage right

I have energy but just can't get motivated, everything feels pointless when I get home.

dude never wait for motivation, it's called momentum, first time will be the hardest but after that? easy breezy

Pretty much

That works with art, but not programming. At least to me.

Im trying to hire an artist to make 64x64 icons for my game (fullcolor with background), and he is asking how much i can offer, but i have no idea what is the average market price (i need 170+ icons, and im planning on paying per batch of 20~30) anyone has any idea what would the prices be?

I think I remember fixing this by adding a draw event, and using draw_sprite(sprite_index, image_index, floor(x), floor(y));
Normally it tries to draw at subpixels, even if that results in the same image.

Someone repost those animation references that are posted every thread that I never bothered to save because I never thought I would need to animate something myself

here you go fam

or you could just make the land collider smaller, and set the z axis of it higher than the player

Practice, nigger.
mega.nz/#F!es1BSKQR!spODyd0iaQmMelGA2GscFw
>>>/loomis/
>>>/art/

honestly thought this was a funny edit

I don't know what you're talking about but I'm going to dump some pixel tutorials now.

Some of these are mp4, can't find the gif versions

Santo, go hug Amora or something.

Appreciate it

Thank you

Mind uploading them as a .zip? I have some of them but don't wanna go and sort it all.

Here's some .pdfs.

This.

Mine aren't in any particular order either, dunno if I even have everything from the main set.

a.cocaine.ninja/oaxrtd.zip

Looks like I'm going to have to throw away my skeleton and most likely my model.
The legs are made in a weird way and this is what happens when you move one of the goals to get a walking animation.

That's 3 days of work down the drain

dontcha need a Knee bone to point the joint when you are doing ik?

Coming along, user.

Well I don't know, I watched a few tutorials and this seems to be what they suggest, but a knee bone does seem to work much better so I have no fucking clue

Hello /agdg/, I got inspired to finally move up from Idea guy to dev. Don't have any experience (outside of farting around UE4 for a minute and some Sub-RPGmaker platformer in High-school and changing the loading screen text in FO4).

So what would be good for making a racing game for a complete idiot? I have no real experience in 3D modeling but could probably manage something simple, but getting it to work might be challenging. Sprite based would probably be more with in my skill level, either a top down or a Pseudo 3D deal like F-Zero or Road Rash.

I have some grandiose ideas of working suspension physics and tire grip but that's probably pretty far off.

So any ideas what would be good for starting off making a racing game?

Two weeks ago I didn't know anything about C#, now I have animations working, data importing from external files, inventory system and a bunch of complicated stuff working thanks to people here and the unity forums.

You literally don't need anything more than basic programming logic and docs

Thanks fam.

fml fam tbh

Racing is the easiest genre.
Just get an engine and do it.

that looks really weird

mate i really don't wanna be rude but holy shit this looks like ResistJam level sprite quality.
at least the animation's smooth.

idk i did it in blender and the modifier or whatever its called accepts a bone for pointing the joint that is affected in one of the boxes and most guys recommend adding one to the ankle too if your basing the movement off the toes witch can be fun for sneaky/ dubble joint animation.

Are you actually making a game or you're just a drawfag fishing for compliments? That girl is the only thing you've been posting in these threads.

tbh I would like that girl a little bit more if her tits weren't so saggy.

character design is important, user. i'm sure he'll post more once he has it.

it's the least of your problems in a game.

==ITS COOL GUY==

should weapons and shields be a part of the skeleton that also gets animated like armor, or just something you parent to the hands?

I cannot figure out how to make animations work

in what program and what sort of animations?
you really gotta be more specific, mate.

Add socket bones to the skeleton, constrain weapons to those sockets at runtime.

he's fishing for lewds

It's incredibly important if you want people to remember your game. Generic animu grills aren't memorable though.

COOLGUUUY

Modo
It just doesn't fucking work or makes no sense

I don't even know how to explain it, don't bother

Feel any difference?

it's just way too accentuated to be such a low quality sprite
I mean imagine if the sprites in pokemon blue had giant woman legs that extended in front of them

You don't move both legs at once while walking.

He doesn't raise his legs properly, it looks like his legs extend and he's shuffling.
I assume you've looked at references. If that didn't help, get up and walk/run around. Try to be aware of how your leg bends, when your foot contacts and leaves the ground and that the motions run parellel between both legs and arms. Stop or slow down if you have to get a better feeling for it. Then try again and work with as few frames as you can first, you shouldn't need more than 6 to get the motion across. Once it looks correct you can add more frames to make it smoother.

Animating run cycles are a bitch, but learning how to is incredibly good practice in the long run.

anyone?

just try to lowball it and see if he accepts.

make shure to focus on what it is worth to you rather than what it costs.

I reworked it for you because I was bored

big version

Whew I finally fixed this. There was nothing wrong with the collision, just with the interpolation.
I used window_set_size instead of upscaling the room view dimensions.
Why that makes such a difference I have no fucking clue.
Coding is gay

Looks nice, reminds me of fallout and LISA.

only should be an issue if you're not upscaling by a natural number.

You are now about to witness the strength of street knowledge.

True.

You kinda do when you are running.

Thanks for the advice, and yes walking cycles are a bitch, I took some hours to get in this shit.

This will be the final version for now, since I have a schedule to finish this and there are other animations and characters to do. Can't I get away saying it's purposely cartoony?

That's quite good, user.
If the game wasn't a commercial experiment, I would invite you to help

i don't care how good the shading is, it's going to be shit unless you fix the fucking legs.

Third weapon implemented. This acts as the screen-clearer type weapon in Mega Man games, like Rain Flush, Tornado Blow, Lightning Bolt, etc.
Damage is a little too high and ammo usage too small, at the moment.

So between spread shot ripper, the shield weapon, and this fullscreen weapon, only one more weapon needed.
Not a clue what it'll be.

Speaking of shitty sprites, again here's some older shit I did, but I want to remake it.

While it used the SS13 character as a base, my sprite is actually redone from scratch and only uses a limited number of colors; all the clothing is original and designed to fit on top of it. I will have 4 body types: male, female, fat, child.

Ok. I gave him arms too.

SWEDEN YES

Have rest of pdfs?
Ch.4 - Readability
Ch.5 - Dithering
Ch.6 - Game perspectives

Actually, it was supposed to be Polnareff as a Jojoke.

I don't, I actually was wondering if anyone else had them.

This is for the resistjam, isn't it?
A tumblr style would be appropriate for that, then.

Thanks.

Did you make this? Nice.

Not really. I've thrown away a shitton of work I've done on Nemo, and every time I've redone him I've gotten better.

Art, especially in the beginning, is a process of constant snake-style skin shedding. You're gonna do shit, then learn how to do it better, and eventually dump your old stuff. It's a vicious circle, but at some point you reach this weird artistic Zen, where you know you're not the best, but you also know there are people vastly worse than you. You are getting better, and the more work you go through the better you'll be.

I don't know who said it, but everyone has about a few thousand hours worth of sucking at something inside of them, and getting it out as soon as possible should be your priority.

actually, the appropriate style for resistjam is Twine.

Limited colors are fun

There, just finished redoing a template for clothing

I need to make 4 of these, one for each body type.
I think I'll have a separate page for skin tones; this is just the clothing

If anyone has any critiques on the topology before I apply the mirror modifier and start working on the asymmetric aspects now's when I would be best able to implement your suggestions.

In under two days.

anyone here feel like modeling a low-poly Mosin? My gamedev "partner" has been holding out for months. I'm seriously about to cut him off.

you assumptious faggot,did you see my first drawing? i'm by no means an artfag, i need to draw for myself because i can't spend any extra money on designer

and i want to hear any error that people can point out and also see which design that "clicks" with people you fucking nigger, also it's a different girl, didn't you see them keep changing as time goes on? you stupid fuck

you can't be this retarded, jesus christ

t-thanks fam

already fixed it fam, thanks for pointing it out

The gun I'm going to model after I'm done with FN FAL is going to (maybe) be a Mosin-Nagant. How low poly are we talking? First and foremost the model needs to fit in my own game, but if it can be made to fit your needs with minimal modifications I wouldn't mind letting you have it.

fuck i'm seriously getting salty here, you see other people posting their 3d model every day and i don't anyone complains, i'm sharing my 2d character and suddenly i'm getting shit from it? fuck you asshole

C'mon now

man i spent so many hours designing the character everyday to make her as waifu-able as possible, i have zero problem with complaints and criticism, i need them in fact to keep getting better, but i fucking hate snide remarks like that.

Other day I posted a prototype of my dialogue system here and some people gave some nice feedback and all, but some fags start to autistically screech about the art I was using, even after I clearly stated that they were placeholders. I believe there is a reason for such irrational behavior.

I imagine that lots of people from /agdg/ threads also hang out on /loomis/ and they are quite perfectionists around there, they'll shit on your art because they want you to get good even if you aren't actually trying. You won't see this happening with 3D models, because there's not a community on this imageboard so passionately engaged on the matter, like you have with 2D art.

Look I made walmart slaves

i see, but tbh mate i have zero problem with criticism from perfectionist type of people, because since they are from /loomis/ i'll assume they have better knowledge on the matter at hand, and since i have zero background on art, i'll gladly take any opinion.

well since there will only probably be 2 character sprites with full body and the other will be just face, it's going to be pretty noticeable, not funny if in the final products i forgot to fix the chin or something

wait why are there nude sprite

Low poly was just me trying to lower the bar on how well it needs to be done. Frankly, I don't mind the highest quality you got.

Well that's the base body.

If I have clothing then there would have to be a changing room, as well

Just take in the criticism that is valuable and blend out the obvious shitposts mate.

Ehhh? You're taking this too seriously, senpai.

I can't speak for anyone else, but you only just recently posted non-nude stuff.
I really didn't care much about the character design until you started putting clothes on her and there was an actual design. Nude anime girls are a dime a dozen on the internet.

It seems the problem is that you're trying to make something to cater to other people, rather than something you want to make. Don't worry about other people's tastes, appeal to your own tastes and what you like. This isn't a competition to get (You)s. Hell, a lot of my shit is droll as can be.
Post here to talk about gamedev and as a mental diary of stuff you've accomplished, don't worry too much.

where are the trigger part? aside from that looks perfect dude

yup

okay so i was posting nude stuff because that was literally the first time of me drawing a full figure body, eventhough i have so many reference opening on other monitor, as you can see there were/are so many problems with the figure that i didn't see, and i'll try to keep fixing them

also, thanks fam, sorry for getting triggered for no reason

Does this look diverse enough?

I don't see any indians

hah, nice

I've been working on artwork for muh game, it's set in a post apocalypse so i'm trying to make the weapons look at least a little shitty.

does this stuff look passable to you guys?

What's a good, comprehensive and most importantly, actual fucking complete, tutorial for learning how to code with C# in Unity? I'm so tired of tutorials either being shit(usually with some British teen on a shitty mic) or more annoyingly, being good but being incomplete and sparsely updated.

Forget to mention i'm looking for a YouTube series

oh and the last one looks more detailed because it's going to show up in a menu screen rather than in the game.

I always like to recommend you bookmark these
msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/6a71f45d.aspx
msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/x53a06bb.aspx

Do you need to learn C# or Unity or both?

Are these legible at screen size? I was going to make a few sets of different sizes, this is the smallest. Which looks best?

I know the basics of Unity. I know how to use it's build-in scene creator/level editor tools and how to import assets and such. Basically, if you asked me to give a tour of Unity and it's tools and settings to a complete rookie I probably could. It's really C# that I have trouble with. Finding a good coding tutorial sucks dick and almost none of them ever leave me with an actual understanding of the language itself.

Do a course with an instructor, and I mean a paid course; with qualified, paid, instructors (quality shoots way up).
I did the courses on that lynda.com site.
That is, the beginners to intermediate courses for C# a few years ago.

I also use it for any other tutorials I need, like animation or the like.
Though, I have a free full sub because I'm in university.

Lower left is legible, the rest strain my eyes.

legible, but i always have my fonts set to the smallest option. for most, i'd suggest bumping it up by a size or two. also either top right or bottom left looks best.

I've been consdering the idea of doing a proper course with a real instructor at some point. How much does it usually cost?

Alright. If I do end up going with the Mosin I'll put the model under Creative Commons 0 and post a download link to a zip file in a future thread. But I want to make it clear that there's a very good chance I'll go with something else. It's a little out of place in my setting.

Thanks. As for the lack of trigger, everything that's going to be attached to a different bone I'm going to model after I'm done with the body. That includes the trigger.

Well, just take your time and read through some of the things I linked there. It should hopefully give you some insight into some of the things you can do and why. A lot of it is for formal shit you probably won't need, though. In a gamedev environment? You probably won't need to seal your classes to prevent making subclasses, for example.

Not sure on price as I get it for free, but I just looked and they have a trial so u can try it out for 10 days.
It's probably something along the lines of $10 a month.

I usually just download all the course material (videos, stubs of code, etc) and use that though; so u can use the trial, download all u need, and just use that.

humm just found they price per month thing… used to be $10 a month… seems they upped the prices since I last looked.

Yeah but I mean like I'm absolute shit at C# and need some real help with it. I couldn't code jack shit with it as I am right now. Maybe I'll go with and find some kind of paid course from a local college or online tutor.

A subtle outline or highlight would make them pop out more.
Also colors that contrast more / are less pukey brown

Thanks, man. I mostly need it to practice animation while the guy is "making" the model.

I found this c# in unity newbie webcast series, it is free so probably a decent place to start

videos.raywenderlich.com/courses/beginning-c/lessons/1

Considering angled text for signage

Thoughts?

Looks cool.
Are you drawing those on hand?

Nah, I'm just skewing every two pixels up or down by 1.

vertex cleaning 60% done
UV mapping starts tomorrow… maybe

Nice. Looks weird on a flat surface tho, pic related.

What's your game about, user?

Gambling with your future is no fun, brehs.

farm sim with deep as fuck mechanics
like the most complex cooking system ever made
i will also test a new AI i have been thinkering with my brother, if it works the characters will react to stuff instead of being scripted into a super boring and predictable daily routine

Acquaintance gave me some code.
Within this code basically lay the answer to one of the biggest problems I was wondering about since starting this project.

I'm happy.

I did that when i was in college
I deeply regret that decision, actually i regret going to college at all

But fuck it, i just want to drop everything and go full indiedev, im doing it if i can get a successful crowdfunding campaign

Yeah… it's missing a shadow, but I figured on those spots it can be a quick label only visible to the player or something. I dunno, I'll see what works when I actually program shit in

Neat.
Really curious to see how this AI plays out.

I don't know about first world countries, but in the hellhole I live you need a college major if you don't want to be literal wageslave. I say that because I heard you can buy console just like cutting grass for a couple days in USA, and that normal workers actually live comfortably and have a couple cars in the garage and a functional smartphone, I mean, you don't college in such place.

I'm just talking about this because even being brainwashy and dangerous to your mental health, there are people like me that depends on colleges to live an acceptable life.

Damn, that looks intresting. Does your project have a name and / or some place where to follow it?

i live in a third world hellhole
i have my degree
im still a wage slave despite that
BUT I HAVE A DREAM

Holy shit.
What was your graduation?

Not really… unless you're talking about working 8+hr days doing hard manual labor then sure.

that's because of credit cards, and not actually having the money to buy that; when it comes to "normal workers".
If you only spend what you earn, and have a "normal job" (no degree, or lack 15 yrs of experience, don't work 60+hrs a week) then you're essentially living a minimalistic lifestyle to just get by.

same thing in america (if one doesn't rely on the credit system), but I also work, and go to uni; though I don't use credit cards (unlike a vast majority of americans), and only spend what I've earned.

A single character portrait is hardly even related to agdg. You'd get better responses from a more appropriate board dedicated to 2D art.

Information Systems
I should have just finished Computer Science instead, another thing i regret

Makes me wonder if the cancer is starting to leak in here.

Doesn't really have a name yet, since it's a very loose and short retelling of Journey to the West for a short gamejam it'll probably be based on that somehow.
As for where to follow it, I don't really have a place aside from my general Tumblr. terminusest13.tumblr.com/tagged/journey-to-the-west

and a single 3d model of gun is related to agdg? a single 3d model of naked men with penis physics is related to agdg?

tha's my 2d sprite, and half of the game time i need to show it

if you fucking told me that shit, then tell the other guy who show their 3d assets the same shit

I mean I earn enough and paid off my loans this year, but I don't have much ambition.

If you did CompSci, you would probably end being a wageslave anyway, I don't speak for experience, but I noticed lots of people quitting CompSci because they would be no different than any other programmer in the market

That was a long time ago, fam, didn't see any similar thing since then. Ignoring the resistjam thing, that was pretty cancerous, I'm glad it's over

Nothing new here.
Demonsteele when

Well, that explains a lot about your game.

Alright, got the standard small set of ascii done for a bunch of font styles.

Thinking of doing a 5x5 set with an outline, like 2nd pic.

You sound like a butthurt underage faggot that would do better to listen to the advice given to you. agdg naturally aligns with 3D art and animation. That's why there's plenty of talk for it here. Traditional handdrawn 2D is typically not. So you're not going to get a lot of feedback here. If it triggers you that that's the simple fact of things you are more than welcome to fuck off.

fucking retard

Finally got an artist willing to help patch up some holes in DemonSteele, so if he keeps on rolling I can finally give it a proper 1.0 and finish up. If not, well, back to looking again.

Learn how to read. And draw. And how to not be an EvaXephon tier bitchboy.

tbh as a guy that posts his model here quite a bit you really did spam the fuck out of the last thread with your pic.

I post my guy here because I need someone to point their finger at what's wrong with it so I can patch it up, not to get positive feedback. The minimal amount of criticism I assume I can take for "its good enough"

Don't stir shit or get offended, it's not gonna lead you anywhere but trolling and mockery.

you're fuckin lying mate if you said that you never spam your shit too, there's nothing different between what you did and what i did
i post my picture because i need people to point out the mistake in it, i start out with "rate her" because it's a freaking joke mate damn.

and don't stir shit? tell that to the other guy who basically said that because my game isn't in 3d or some shit i need to fuck off

what's the fucking difference with the other guy who post their 3d progress too? that's my 2dprogress, and i can only post if it's good? also i already said that i prefer not to visit too many board, because this 1 thread already takes a lot of time too to browse

Arguing semantics and dumb shit isn't posting progress

GET BACK TO WORK

working on animations fam, it's kinda fun

This might be the font I use for readable things in game.

How much kerning looks best?

Uh shit uh

I make a sord attack

2nd is easiest to read

all of them looks too small tbh, would hurt eyes/10, aesthetically pleasing, but waaay too small

Is that Polnareff? Is this a JoJo reference?

Third one, but also this

"Finished" my skeleton character named Adler's walkcycle. Anyone have any suggestions on what I need to touch up?

Make a 2nd version of it and name it "Reichs Adler" :^)

if your cleaning vertices, wouldn't the balusters need only 4 sides? It's kind of weird that those tiny elements are so well rendered but doors don't even have door frames.

it looks cute fam

deja vu, i have been in this chan before

Why even have platforming if it's going to be that shitty

If you're intending to add better platforming later then don't make such a huge flat level.

If this is android you can use screenrecord over adb to take the video without watermark.

Godspeed, user. Animating jiggling boobs is pretty tiring, but also really titillating.

But how does it look in motion?

Jesus, I didn't even really check until now.

Second one looks kinda' like he's wiping his feet. Still pretty cute though.

Pretty cool,but I feel it doesn't look like it is the same motion depending on the direction. Just exaggerate the lunge for the front and back like you did for the right and left (increase rotation of the torso a little, make the firsts go higher, etc).

Alright, thanks.

That wasn't really what I was going for, but I think I'll roll with it.

I made a medium scaled warehouse building, I am not sure if I should change it's details or something as it could probably look a bit better oh well, it will replace the current Tier 1 storage building.

slowly losing sanity tbh fam

there's something off about the wall..i think the texture is too stretched there

mhm yes you are right it's because I did not subdivided the wall at all.

where'd the guy with the cute robot go?

Something about reminds me of LISA

I like it, looks responsive for a mobile game.

So before I sit down and start making a female character - what should I do about it that would make her proudly up to cosmic standards of Holla Forums?

The male character's "pseudocanon" name is Nemo - what's her name?

Breast/butt physics are of course an absolute must. No questions about that one.

She has to be in a good game. .^)

make her cute, but don't post her sketch though, or else some faggot will autistically screech about it for not being /agdg/

name her Nema then :^)

big mistake fam, it's the only thing that's difficult in all dimension, 3d or 2d, i heard some guy who said that he spent a week or 2 to animate dem jiggling in 3d

Cute is a vague term

I'm gonna come to your house and skullfuck your dad

Difficulty doesn't matter, user. If I had to individually animate each tit for three months I'd still do it.

the term is vague if you're trying to appease everyone user, just make her the type of girl you masturbate most often mate, whether flat, brown, big anime tiddies or furry.

just a tip btw, i just tried animating this day, spent 10 hours achieving nothing, but something i realize every reference always has around 8 frame, so there's that
if 3d, probably there's some physics script you have to apply, and you have to manually edit it so it doesn't clip with body, might be wrong though

It's also possible to animate frame by frame when you work with 3D, just like 2D.
On the other hand, it might be more difficult or require more work if you want the tits to interact with anything.
With boobs physics, I imagine you could make it so the tits can bump into walls or get pressed into complicated shapes, which is that much work you will have to do if you animate those motions explicitly.

also make the character wears a bra, fucking hell i don't even know anymore which direction the boobs are going

ohh i see, so thats why the guy spent 1 week, can't imagine how complicated it is, and the guy is already a 3d porn artist

well fuck me that sounds a lot of work, just make the boobs triangle and clips into everything fam, and call it retro

Bras can be cute

im going to add door frames and details on the windows when i make a door/window object with bones and shit

The tits and ass are unironically one of the most important parts of the female character to me right now. I'm seeking to lay a big fat turd onto social justice cunts with that one.

1) Jiggle

2) Deformation when pressed on objects

3) Scaleable in character creation

Doesn't matter how long it takes, I'll achieve this.

I don't think I've seen many games with a lots of boobs interacting with decor, except when the female character is pressing them on a surface. But I guess if it's just a single animation you don't need physics for it.

now that's what i call the dev's fetish
well since most people won't really realize it anyway, probably no one think its worth their time to develop the boobs collision script

you and me both fam, feels like games nowadays are so corrupted that only shitlord like us can save them

:^)

One of the reasons why I stress so much over making my shit impeccable is because it's basically my fort to ram my way into common word-of-mouth gamedev. I'm not in this for money, I'm in this to make my mark on what I believe games should be like, hence the focus on excessive gore, nudity, strong sense of aesthetic, customization, and approaching things from a very "comfy" perspective of giving characters names during development.

I'm basically forcing this through my depression as a way to cut through the shit that induced it in the first place. Sort of like raging against the current state of things.

So when I come here and I ask you to rip on my model, I'm asking you to do so because it's my way of sharpening my tools. It's a way of making sure everything is polished, proper, has a sense of quality and attention to details.

Gamedev is not only the thing I've wanted to do all my life, it's also the only thing I'm truly, actually passionate about. It's all I want to do, all day long.

I wanna fuck nigress bot.

felt like it's spoken from my own heart fam, we will get there someday

this sounds really interesting, wish you good luck, would love to see it come to fruition

fug

You will. I'm too far along to stop now.

It's like I'm listening to myself.
I also have this rather pragmatic view on criticism. To me criticism is the foundation on which you build improvement. When I show my shit to people, I always demand for them to tell me what the flaws are. It's the only way I can know what I should do better next time around and thus the only way I know how I can improve myself.
As for passion: There are few things I want as much as becoming part of the cure for pic related.
Good luck on your journey.

Anybody here know how to sew? I need some sort of kickstart to how to figure out patterns by looking at shit. In particular I need to look at shit like picrelated and tell how the fuck to recreate it in Marvelous Designer.

Same to you, user. In the end, there's nothing they can do against us, and we like the same things everyone does - good quality games and hedonistic indulgences within them.

rice field

Fucking Treehouse

lmao fucking kill me this is going to be a long fucking ride isn't it

why couldn't I just be really into fucking painting why must I pick the hardest form of artistic expression in existence

holy shit i want to die

user you need to work on fundamentals.

Not that the model is bad but all kinds of visual media stem from the same understanding of form, design, color, etc. Whether it's painting, marble carving, or 3D rendering they all pull from the same foundation and even improving your drawing ability will help your modeling ability. It's all mental

I do draw and I do try and learn shit through practice. The biggest issue with that is that I have depression and some really fucked ADHD from a brain trauma so I can only really focus and do shit in bursts and when I'm hyped or under a lot of pressure.

I wish I could constantly draw, man. I really wish I could do that. I was prescribed meds after my psych went "oh yeah man you're fucked you need meds" but oh hey Hungary doesn't give em out willy nilly so I gotta wait a few months until all the documents are in place for me to get it.

Eh, I'm on a depressive curve right now anyhow. I should either take a break or drink energy drinks to get hyped up.

Or make something healthy. Energy drinks makes you crash way harder than they make you peek. Buy some apples and make a smoothie, or just some fresh pressed orange juice if you don't own a blender.

Try getting really really really fucked up on some crazy shit and throw things around your living quarters. I found that it helped me kind of.

Unfortunately it's not really that easy, user. When your basic reward system is fucked you really can't do shit other than use stimulants and other unhealthy garbage.

My blood is like 50% coffee mixed with cheap energy drinks

That's not really relevant to what he's saying, though. I mean, whether you have depression doesn't make what he said any less true.

I never said he wasn't. It struck a chord with my general frustration so I vented a little

Well the biggest thing is to take care of yourself first. Even if you can't, you need to acknowledge your situation and make sure you feel happy and work towards something better.

This could be your game. But the important thing is to never stress and to take things in stride. Always always try to improve yourself.

Yeah, I figured as much as I hit the reply button. It's cool, have some more soap.

I think the biggest problem I have is the rush and anxiety. I can't remember the last time I sat back and enjoyed myself. Everything is a time crunch and yet I'm still slow as fuck.

Yeah, I know user. I have a brother struggling with depression. Shit sucks. My advice is if you have even a shred of willpower, spend it on something good for your body. If your brain chemistry is already fucked, shitty food will only make it worse. And yes, I do understand that this is physically impossible for you to do. Depression sucks.

Daily workout is where my willpower goes. I do calisthenics as a means to keep myself in check, and I've actually built up quite a bit of muscle from having absolutely none. I lost 15kg (33lbs) since I started working out and dieting a few months ago.

I think one of the main things that caused this change was watching this video and realizing that the worst part of depression is the illusion of it being the reality.

Well then, you're way better off than I thought. Carry on and godspeed user.

Thanks, user

Added arms

Looks a lot better now.

If i keep up like this i will be starting the UV mapping today

what is your opinion on qt gril devs?

Who cares if the dev is a grill or not. The end product is what matters.

they can be pretty gay

Fuck that, traps and trannies are awful programmers and you shouldn't let the unstable faggots anywhere near your project.

He is now an italian

I can confirm, this is true

This tbh, look up how the split with Libreboot and Coreboot happened it did not end well and the Tranny programmer spouted several insane garbage.

Wasn't that a trap/tranny? That's what I heard the only time I heard of him/her/it after leaving halfchan.

To be fair, said tranny wasn't exactly a cute boy either and the image is pretty specific about that.

does that LOOK like a trap to you user?

If it looked like a trap, it wouldn't be a trap, right?

I think rotate became notorious for shitting up the cuckchan threads and the group chats. He got banned from it on 20 different discord accounts last I heard.

why do you keep saying he? is that not a girl?

I've never talked to rotate, but he has a penis and is mentally unstable. Worst of all, he's a nodev.

He is also a plumber

You're going into DMCA territory

I think he needs a hat.

He reminds me of the trucker from Trucker's Delight.
Verissimo

And a younger brother.

So he is going to snatch some vodka or what blyat?)))))

He could make him into a typical boland plumber man who is cleaning UK toilets as a main means of living :^)

That would be a breddy ebin mario off shot tbh instead of all the unoriginal reskins.

Oh

faggots leave

Who sexualized this shampoo bottle?! Whoever you are, stop it!

Just fuck my texturing up fam.

feels bad m80s

Progressing on the AI, kinda wish epic would spend more time on implementing better AI tools over VR

Hitler, is that you?

anons I think I mighta fucked it

what are you gonna do, un-drink it? get to work

Tell me /vpol/ what did he mean by this?

Embrace the power of ES energy drink fam.

Drinking coffee was your first mistake.

Hey user, do you ever mix your "Eigenschaften" with your "streifenmuster"? HUE

Well this is what I have right now I just copied one of those wood materials and changed it's diffuse wood texture with a brick one, I have no idea how to edit the brick texture on my own so that it works properly for the special texturing fields.

coffee is life

testing

Then fuck it and go balls deep.

Get to work.

Mark, why did you delete the thread?
I make a thread for the first time in years because I need to ask anons a few things and this happens. What's going on?

How much money do I need to hire a decent do it all artists, programer etc to make a video game. All I do is idea fag while they do everything else?

Also there was a guy who was making some Indiana Jones type 2d game and there was another guy who was making a bit jumping over water platform game. What happened to them?

a lot of money

more than what you have.

The one that disappeared as soon as it was posted.
It wasn't bait, I just wanted to ask one thing and post some screenshots.
Unblock me on steam if you don't want to say it here.

What program is that?

how odd, must've got tricked by the report. Basically I was on mobile and it looked like a template thread so I deleted it. Also readd me faget.

Thanks for clarifying.
I'll add you later because steam is being a fag right now

Ok, its finally time to start texturing my shit, im going for this look, but i don't quite know how to acheive it in Blender -> Unity

The wood and stone here seem to be pure material, is there really a texture on these? Also if i create a complex material on Blender with several shaders will Unity import it properly? The last time i tried something like that (several years ago) i had a few materials look very different (uglier) after the import

Also are there a few shader combinations that are not recomended for gamedev due to being too resource-heavy? Or its ok to use very complex materials?

Last thing, i remember blender having a material library addon by default, i can't find it right now, anyone knows the name?

oh, now that i look closer the rocks do have texture, they looked like raw material before

I might be drunk , but that's pretty cute

It's 3D Coat fam. You can get it at cgpeers.com but use the older version because dat torrent uploader couldn't be bothered finding a fresher crack I'll use myself the 4.7.10 version and it just werks under Wine

Alright I finished texturing this model, I would have painted those loading bay strips thingy but I cannot do that anymore as I subdivided the ground plate 4x times and made them share the same UV space. Also does anybody know why the hell Blender refuses to load the texture in material/texture mode? I ticked in the diffuse color, selected the appropriate UV-maps and so on but it still doesn't werk.

Why don't you ban flamestarters?

I did templates for you

ok m8 listen up, thesoe barrels that you have right there, right? they are the same size as the door. have you ever seen a barrel the same size as a door? NO, Why you ask? because barrels are a standardizes tool used by humans to transport liquids, thus they are smaller than humans. Also, shipping containers are also standardized and have some predetermined sizes. I might be fucking autistic drunk at this point but please, don't design a warehouse with barrel the size of door and shipping containers the size of 2x barrels.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intermodal_container

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drum_(container)

Exaggerated features are an art style.

it's a bad feature.

ok, my apologies.

To be honest I just modeled those stuff what I had in mind I didn't bothered myself with such small details since my RTS isn't aimed at pure realism, not to mention that I don't want to increase the polygon count too much by placing like 5x more of times barrels to increase the visibility. But if that really bothers that you I will take a at tomorrow and try to change the scale to a more realistic one.

through you could speed up my edit if you gibs me demn correctly scaled models

dude, I'm drunk, I will not remember this posts tomorrow.
But the failed engineer in me insist that you just scale the barrel to about 0,5x and it will be about right

Changing the barrel scale to about 0.5x less yeah this is no problem for me.

I'm fucking cumming. Do you see how much the barrels fit through the door now? How much the player is now immersed more, now that he sees that the fuel cans can be moved into the warehouse? Not even kidding, my pants are full of jizz, well done user.

Consider using a wire fence instead of the brick wall

I have a similar set of goals for boob/butt "immersion".
My approach for boobs, and butt jiggle physics is going to be a spring-mass system (although, I'm re-using it from another mechanic I'm implementing for deformations, so it's not "just" for this).
As to support deformations, and jiggle; in a fully procedural/adjustable manner which is scalable.

This is one of the simpler approaches to deformation, and I don't recommend going down this rabbit hole for a more complicated/realistic approach for something as simple as jiggle/deformations for body parts.
Unless of course you're well rounded in differential equations (analytical calculus), tensor calculus, and can apply this to programming… which is only really viable for a realtime game setting if you apply it using the GPU or multithreading.
Thus… just use the spring-mass system for deformations.

I'd like to see some solution to the clipping problem in general.
It can probably be done with a lot of blendshapes and a rig that controls them.

(checked)
It's the tile user all over again, alright. Also you write very well for being someone who is drunk. Look at the ingame screen the fuel drums are much less visible now at larger zooming.

It's too late now, 3D Coat acts like a bitch when I want to edit model pieces or reimporting the model again when I reimport the model it refuses to let me edit the texture for some reason. Honestly I will paint with Blender again if the annoying as hell (((feature))) that the brush changes it's scale depending where the viewport camera is, I searched for some solution on some search engine and at those 5 relevant pages or so and the only advice they gave is using a 2D Painter instead such as GIMP honestly the blender version is 2.78c now and there is still no way to disable this annoying behavior what the fuck man.

get some sleep user, forcing yourself through with some coffee will always fuck up your body, always listen to your body

lots of money fam, no other choice other than try to learn everything by yourself

wow getting much better already in overall user, but why is the box is blue?

when zooming out, the parts/elements aren't as important as the colour coding of the building, player remembers the "the grey blobs are for tanks that, red blobs are for infantry" I've played Command & Conquer in 1996 and that rule still applies. It doesn't matter the amount or size or detail on the building when your going full strategic mode, what matter is fast identification of factories and barracks. Trust me user, the changes of barrels are important when zooming in and when zoomed out the colour of the roof is the most important thing.

Okay so for my clothing, I was going to just have white sprites that are colored as they were drawn, but then I realized that I don't have the ability to do patterns with that approach. Originally, I planned to have all the clothing fit on pic related.

So if I have a striped shirt, I'd need a sprite for each color pair or whatever; I have a "torso section" but I don't know whether it makes sense to organize it by worn location or sprite size. It's easy enough to jam 100 sprites onto a sheet like this but I want some kind of consistency

Thanks fam, well I decided to fancy it up a bit and made it more colored but I can change the color to wooden like or grayish instead.

Hmm yeah I try to keep in mind to make each building such as production, storage, weapon buildings and what else have a distinctive shape to it, through I probably can not "guarantee" that always as I might try to add some units based on actual real life one.

I was just modelling some titties before going to bed. I dunno man I'm just not in the state of mind to do it

maybe i need to use zbrush

i dunno. shits fucked and i also need to lear n C++ soon and animation too, im bad at it

and then i saw this picture and realized that i want my characters to look less realistic and more dynamic and cartonoy. More rework tomorrow or fuck it? I dunno

im fried. I just want to make game and not have so much trouble with everything fuckkkk

it always feels like "well this is this last hurdle I need to break through and its almost a freefall from there" and it's just more barbed wire that you snag onto with your cock.

I need to find a someone to work with me and collaborate on everything, but I'm afraid I'll either get someone useless or someone so qualified that my work will be of unacceptable quality in comparison

i think dark red or dark orange will fits the whole building more user, since the wall is reddish already

just think about everything tomorrow user, a good night sleep will refresh the brain, makes it work faster better stronger tbh

okay user, I think I'm long overdue anyhow

So what games have you guys actually made?

it wouldn't be AMATEUR game development general if completed games were a common thing you fucking septuple quasinigger

Yeah but are there any completed games?

Has anyone besides the guys who made Risk of Rain ever taken off?

Xenoraptor, Risk of Rain, that one low poly jet fightan game

Also tangentially related, this looks kinda fun maybe?
weaverdev.tumblr.com/post/158286620571/going-overboard-with-debugtest-areas-is-my

I've made an arsy hack-and-slash game, an arsy gothic FPS, and an arsy sidescroller.
I am now currently working on another arsy FPS and (for a quick couple-week gamejam distraction) an arsy platformer.

I think Va11-ha11a or whatever was made by /agdg/ i could be wrong

Well link them

The sidescroller shmup appears to have fallen off the face of the internet, but here's the arsy hack-and-slash and arsy FPS.

rpgmaker.net/games/6544/
contest.gamedevfort.com/submission/657

You're not really missing a whole lot, to be quite honest.
Still, even if they're not too hot, I'm happy I made them, if that makes sense.

It must've been cuck/agdg/ then because I seem to remember the dev being a massive sjw

yes it was, it was long ago

Speebot-dev made a bullet hell shmup called Hypnorain before making Speebot. I don't think it really "took off" but steamspy tells me there was at least 3550 people who owned it at some point, which at $10 means it earned $35500 than most of us have through gamedev.

I'm sure that 50 of those were probably free, and Steam takes a 30% cut, and assuming 15% taxes, we can expect about just $20,825 at most.

I mean it's still a lot and probably enough to last a year, but I don't think that's sustainable. You need a big hit

This actually looks good.

Are you guys actually making a game?

user, those are screenshots of The Shitness by Johnathan Blowhard. The most advanced children's placemat maze puzzle simulator in the history of mankind.

Well fuck my ass and call me a double nigger.

Guess i'm retarded

Okay, so I'll have several fixed-width fonts in my game so I need a way to handle them… they'll basically just be a specialized spritesheet.

I can't figure the basic information I'd need. Something like a byte-sized char range so it can convert strings into draw commands, kerning and scale values could be done at the draw level, rather than the font declaration…

What about defining the xy offset on the sheet for each character, or would it just "know"?

So I'm in starting the proccess of moving my game over to 3D (moving from monogame to unreal) and the first blender tutorial I came across was trash.
Are there any 'must-see' tutorials?
My end goal is to make low poly characters, with toon-ish shading.

Look at this asshole, using a clean, neutral tone for his background, and a subtle vignette
What a slut

Thats another game, Witness i think, i didn't play because fuck walking simulators, but i looks neat

But you gotta admit, it looks good

Damn thats the aesthetic i want for my characters, that looks amazing

new thread soon?

New thread on page 13. It's the rule.

i watched several, none really stand out
but i watched most about static objects since im making buildings right now

This is the way I did it when I used to roll my own engine:

Well for my purposes, I don't think I'll ever not use fixed-width, and even then it's pretty easy to get the coordinates on load and cache them for later (and use either a byte or char key index to a dictionary of Rectangles)

My problem is with the design, there's too many options to include that I know I won't use, but I want to for the sake of engine-ness

It's called encoding.
Every letter corresponds to a number. ASCII is the most common byte-per-char encoding, with printable characters starting at 0x20, or 32.
The X/Y offset is that number, X is the number % width, and height is the number / width. The modulo isn't necessary when using a GPU, since you can just make a texture wrap.
How individual characters are drawn is up to you. Blitting, texture coordinate offset, or even full fragment shader rendering are all possible depending on what you need.

Ayy I did a thing

how is this even possible, do they bathe in printer ink?

They couldn't afford that.

Printer ink, per gram, is more expensive than blood or gold.

maybe the reason why its so expensive is because they been dumping it on africa to jack up the price

Top set is what I'll actually be using

Bottom set is a mockup of how they'll look in typical clothes.

raises a good point. I wanted to have just 15 or 16 skin tones so I could easily shove them into half a byte for storage purposes. (It's a simulator, if I actually give the townspeople persistence, it will be important to minimize their shit). Otherwise, I can draw a second color overlay on their body to lighten/darken it any color if needed.

Oh that was a picture for ants

Looks like the sprites from space station 13

oh, you said that already

I did use their generic body as a base, but I made a few alterations, and also kept it to 4 colors instead of the more detailed one they use

Fixed

wtf i love diversity now

Actually come to think of it, some of the tones look pretty similar to each other… I'll probably redo it tomorrow with white, mexican, asian, black skin tones, with 4 variants for each.

Indians more or less have the same brownish tone as latinos, don't they?

what are you a racist you goy?

IIRC, most South Americans and South Asians are generally the same area of 'pigment enrichment', whether it be ethnic groups like Moors and Phillipanos

t. 21st century chicano pro

fucking hell these flags

It's always the same fucking flag, too.

haha, nice
"muh dick" sounds in the distance with slight overtones of chimps screeching

It's difficult to find authentic native american pictures w/o some mixed ancestry.
but, overall, it's more in the direction of hints of red clay than a mix of sand/dirt which latinos are closer to.
Mostly like, a mix between whiteness and red clay is what you'll see nowadays.

In the provided pic the mom is wearing foundation so it changes her face skin tone, but the girl has an accurate representation of the skin tone.

Oh i meant pajeets not natives. But thats another group to consider

FUCK

any good alternative to make gif instead of photoshop? its unbearably slow on my pc

haven't slept in over 20 hours because of samurai jack, and i've got a whole day ahead of me
only awake because of coffee right now
time to make progress on that UE4 project i never started

Pajeets definitely have a higher saturation to their brownish skin tone, but example are definitely easy to find there.

Ok, I really need to talk about this.

First of all, fuck this Holla Forums is one person meme, we have all kinds of people here, fetishists, faggots, lolicons, tilelovers, you name it, if you could satiate all these needs at the same time you would probably make a monster that nobody would like.

Seriously, user, just make a girl that you find beautiful, she should be charming for your own eyes since you are going to see her a lot during the next months, or maybe even years.

I say that you should pick up yourself, but since you asked for a suggestion, try picking a name that is meaningful to her role in the game.

GIMP

I think convert (from ImageMagick) can also do it, which would probably perform the best since it's command line.

will try fam, thanks

There's also Pencil2d that's MSPaint with animation tools, and then you can export the frames and convert them as said.
Krita also has animation features now, and it uses ffmpeg to export into video or gif. It also optimizes file sizes.

if only there's a single program that just focus solely on making the best gif, but thanks fam

t. lazy nigger

remember goy diversity is strength anything otherwise is just racist propaganda who is appreciating the kemet religion.

I dunno man, just pick one that's got a timeline and onion skin, and go from there.
I like Krita because I already used it to draw and already knew most of its features or where to find them when they added animation to it.

piskelapp.com/
aseprite.org/

it's like you want someone to prove you wrong user

thanks fam, i'll try all of these when i'm done fixing my animations

Finally finished creating light-casting objects. They can either be directional or glow in all directions.
Objects will cast shadows when affected by these, and these shadows are completely independant from the ones created by the sun.
I can also set the intensity of the light in the object's creation code, and the shadow will be more or less intense depending on the intensity and distance to the light source.
Only real problem is that an object cannot be affected by two of the same lightsource at once. So I can have a left-facing lightsource and a right-facing one both affect an object, but not two right facing ones. This is due to the fact that the shadows use instance_nearest to get the id of which lightsource to test.
Otherwise, every lightsource would cast a shadow on every object, no matter how far away it is, because there's no way to affect objects in a radius in GML. I could make the further shadows invisible, sure, but it'd still be a resource hog.

I'll show it off more when the light sources actually look like lightsources, and not hot pink glowing squares.

Keep the list of lights in a separate list or something and then you can check all the lights per object.

Is there a gamejam going on sometime soon? I can't go on like this.

At least you're not more burnt out than you were before the weekend.

I've spent the last few weeks trying to get better at spriting landscapes but keep putting it off because I get frustrated. I even made a trello account and set myself a deadline to finish a piece I was working on. That deadline was yesterday.

Ludum Dare will be in slightly under 6 weeks (April 21st). Use your time until then preparing a framework if needed and practicing with the tools you'll be using.

A game jam would do me good, but coding is not my forte and 6 weeks is a long ass time. I'd really like making art for someone though, last time I participated it worked out fantastically.

Resistjam's going on for a few more days.
:^)

Don't even joke about that.

Oh what I could also do for my shopper sprites, is just have a white mask forbeach layer and draw a body in 4 passes or whatever. That way I can keep the sprite count low and still use a palette.

Would it make sense to actually create a texture resource for every shopper or just draw them piece wise?

Well I scaled the fuel barrel to about the standard 200 Liter one which is in fact scaled down to 1:7 because else it would be way too big for it to fit in. The Container is about the size of a 20` one, the 40` variant is too big for it too fit in, they differ only about the length anyway which is 6 meter difference. I scaled those grey crates in a way that they would fit inside those containers I hope that soothes your autism now.

t. autism wrangler

Well yeah at least I can start working on another model now.

What surprises me more is that that user complains about a barrel being too big, but not about the 1 meter tall bricks the wall is made of.

stop bullying me this is getting insane.

we need a nu thread

make new threads to slide this one down to p13

Autism is a hell of a drug

Guess I'm gonna draw some sprites of MC in the meanwhile. Fucking exams.

Seriously we need to get rules adjusted for our particular kind of thread because we are better than everyone else on this board for absolutely no reason

new thread when this thread hits page 12 instead of 13

Anyone want to remake this gem with me?
The old game runs like ass because of flash and the dev is literally dead.
Since its a porngame we would get lots of hype too.
Any takers?

Yeah you are right Holla Forums and /hwndu/ board managed to capture the flag from shia shitty art project by using sound clues of birds chirping, trains sounds, star position, weather and plane patterns and all that within a 36 hour time frame.

What do you need?

b-but i thought they were testing all of the entries to filter out trolls.

1 ideaguy
1 programmer
2 artists
1 sound guy

Better question: what can YOU offer?

they are probably desperate for games because no one delivered.
which makes them not that different from us :^)

I can art

oi nigger, i delivered.
i mean it was shit, but i delivered anyway.
also look at this shit.
these are the games that they have.
there's an actual game about abortion. what the shit.

Wow. I would play exactly NONE of these.

come on, user, you'd play my submission, right?
i can't say which, i want it to be included in the archive pack they're making afterwards

That's now the gayest screenshot in this thread

Hol the fuck up, isn't it that game with a raycasted 2D FPS game that is already out?

From this thumbnail I already can tell this is advanced 3d modelling alright.

We wuz ogrez and shieet

new thread nao

NEW BREAD

And done.