Before you ask why I opened a whole thread on this...

Before you ask why I opened a whole thread on this, I believe the question posed here is worthy of its own thread and being examined in a general context, separate from the whole ME:A fiasco.

Anyways, what are your thoughts on this, Holla Forums?

checked
I'd be inclined to belive something like this if it came from Rockstar, Atlus, Nintendo or any other game company that is not infamous for releasing unfinished buggy games and blantantly lie to their consummers about the queality of their product

But in this case, we are talking about Bioware/EA

It all depends on who is showing the trailer
Take blizzard for example, you may love them or hate them but everything they release is polished to mirror shine
If they had showed me a buggy incomplete trailer for Overwatch i would have immediatelly assumed they would iron out all imperfections before release regardles of the quality of the game itself
On the other hand, if Bethesda showed me a bug ridden mess of a trailer, ther is no reason for me to belive that they are not showing me the product as they intend to release it

incorrect

Nonsense. AAA developers cherry-pick all their trailers to make their games look as good as possible, because they rely on hype and pre-orders for their sales. Needless to say, if ME:A is as bad as the trailers at best, then the game is irredeemable shit.

sage for more mass effect garbage

No, it just shows how incompetent they are that they can't even manage to make a decent fucking trailer.

that's subjective user, I know the newest trailer got me really hyped for it, so it did what it set out to do.

Thanks for the dubs thread OP.

Mental gymnastics gold medalist right there. Holy fuck.
How can Biodrones even breathe with Bioware cock lodged so soundly in their throat? Do they just develop special gills or something?

I guess the trailers are good at hyping up drooling retards.

Came to the thread to post this, more or less. Maximum Biodrone ear-plugging while yelling "LALALALA I CAN'T HEAR YOU LALALALA" because they'd rather deny logic, rationality, common sense, decency, and all of reality than admit that they have shit tastes. Probably because they're bland people devoid of substance who define themselves via media tastes and admitting they enjoy eating shit would be like ripping out their soul but maybe I'm just projecting.

Sounds like the same idiots who say mods will fix any issue with bethesda games.

There are still people that defending NMS btw tbh

its already in the thread faggot

depends what this is in response to: Is someone complaining that the game looks shit? Or is someone actually saying they should've hidden these flaws, which would be asinine if serious
Or is it NOT used to defend or excuse anything? In the last case it's not really wrong to say such a thing

The problem is you can't ever know "corporate transparency" in trailers. It's possible a game looks as perfect as in trailers, very rare but not a possibility to be discounted, and it's almost always the case that it looks way worse than in trailers. To guess that when a game looks shit in trailers it's "corporate transparency" AND have that be used as some sort of excuse or defense as opposed to a neutral assessment, that is really dumb and you're just going by your feeling which has no basis on anything

They don't do that, though. It's quite the opposite, actually. They try to polish up the trailer so that you'll be impressed and fork over your pre-order, and then when the game is out and you realize that it's not as squeaky clean as they first promised, they just refrain from commenting, and go back to counting all those fat stacks of cash they conned out of you. That's marketing in summary.
They're always hiding something, but you're not going to find out what they're hiding, or what they've overlooked, until you get the final product in your hands. That's the way it goes. The marketing is not representative of the final product.

CORPORATE TRANSPARENCY

BioWare are so fucking deep in the rabbit hole they likely don't even see a problem with the ugly models and shitty animations.

It's not them trying to live up to the transparency ideal, it's them being complete imbeciles that likely have no understanding of how to make money.

I mean, not only is the Curry Thunder still insulting whites for no other reason than he can, he even got the OK from management to keep doing it. A sane company would at least pretend to be politically neutral, because you gain nothing by antagonizing a substantial market demographic (if not the biggest one).

deez fucking balls
You know what's an actual practical term?

I don't want off this crazy ride.

Not gonna happen.
Millions of idiots will buy it anyway. You can show a steaming pile of shit with N7 emblem on it and people will buy it anyway.

Well, that's one way to put a positive spin on the vast incompetence that has existed within Bioware for a very long time.
BUT
Consumers don't want to be lied to, yet they also don't want incompetent tumblrites wasting millions of AAA dollars cranking out utter trash like MEA.

this

how did cisquisition sell?

I don't think they ever released the sale numbers

it's a sign of unprofessionalism that's become the accepted norm in the western industry, this is also directly related to management tempering and college drop out reshuffle

They advertised it as "hours played" or something. It must have been very bad.

However, Mass Effect has normalfag hype and marketing, so it will likely do much better. Consumers are blithe and forgiving, all the casuals soured by ME3's ending will probably come crawling back.

It won't, not after DA:I, and especially not after the Witcher 3.

No.. They are supposed to sell you a game.
That's not a thing. Not with trailers.
They do this anyways
Is this the modern generation's first exposure to lying pitchmen promising things they can't deliver?

>if ME:A is as bad as the trailers at best, then the game is irredeemable shit.

EA is second to Ubishit for bullshots and faked trailers.
Either this is their first time they're honest, which is very unlikley, or the endproduct is worse then the possible spawn of… I donÖt even know what.

That post is just an embarrassing attempt at damage control for a total dumpster fire of a game.

That's why the shitter 3 sold so bad, right?

A trailer should honestly represent the final product, at least in theory. TaleWorlds and their Bannerlord trailers are an honest showcase of what the game will actually play like.

Andromeda trailers are an ungodly mix of sleazy corporate marketing and sheer incompetence. That biodrone cuck calls it transparency, when in truth it's just BioWare being too lazy and retarded to make a trailer without fucking up.

They have the memory of goldfish, and NMS was the blunder equivalent of a thermonuclear bomb getting dropped on them. You'd have to be a cultist to actually attempt defending the game.

It sold so few units that bioware came out saying "me:a won't be like da:i" a month after release.

So they then decided to make it exactly like DA:I?

This might fly if you're an indie dev on Steam or something, but not if you're a corporation like Bioware. That's what game testers and Q&A are for. Even if what this dipshit says is true, you shouldn't need your audience to tell you when a model drags along the floor during a scripted event.

Either this guy is part of the Bioware Defence Force or he didn't think the question through before he asked it. Either way, he's a fucking idiot.

That's "artistic integrity" bioware. Everybody hated the me3 ending, so they "extended" it making it shittier. Everybody hated the darkspawn redesign in da2, so in inquisition they kept the da2 design. Standard liberal thinking: "i'm not the problem, the rest of the world is"

I'm still amazed at their idiocy. They could have basically done away with a lot of hate for ME3 if they had just given people the pandering ending they were asking for, but nope, gotta be a leftist retard and remember you're an "artist" with "integrity" at the worst possible moment.

It's like these cretins hate money or something.

I do agree that it's a great practice to show a game as it is, and I wish more companies would do it but…
Compare this game to Ever Oasis, or hell even Zero Dawn, and what was shown of them, they didn't look like this plate of ass and showed off some idea of what the gameplay was like. They may have lacked polish, but not in such a way that it looks like a C team effort.
Although, all things considered, I can at least thank Bioware for showing everyone what a steaming pile of shit this game is instead of hiding it behind a cinematic trailer.

And Inquisition didn't? Where were you during the months leading to the game? It was being hyped fucking everywhere.

And still no one gave a shit because of Witcher 3. And DA2 was not nearly as bad as ME3.

Honestly, I haven't seen that much marketing for it, compared to DAI or the other Mass Effect games
Daily Reminder that Bioware is getting the bullet after this releases

Where have you been for the past four years?

Good trailer:
highlight the best parts of the game through undoctored in-game footage

Bad trailer:
showcase "potential" and the "intended vision" of the game through pre-rendered mock ups

Terrible trailer:
Litter your expensive advertisements, designed to convince the consumer that you're not talentless hacks, with glaringly obvious animation, audio and image issues.

Not living in your dreamworld of hate-boners.

Every game has glitches, including Nintendo's, but to say their games are buggy and glitchy is an exaggeration. None of the companies the first user mentioned have released anything near Asscreed Unity levels of buggy/glitchy.

There's legitimate reasons to hate Nintendo and the direction they've taken, but claiming they release unfinished buggy games is outright false.

Something that I think needs to be said here is that assuming the flaws you see in the trailer are all encompassing you're kidding yourself. What we're seeing is likely just the corn tip of the shit iceberg. This thing is going to be a travesty of biblical proportions, one of the biggest blunders of all time. To that end, I think it's a very real possibility that they aren't being as "transparent" as this guy would like to think and they know that with a low bar of expectations, perhaps they can ring out another 60 dollars from their Stockholm syndrome fans and other flavor of the month suckers.

At any point in the trailer, was there a message saying something akin to "Not Final Footage", " Game In Development", or "Not In-Game Footage"?

>If Yes
Proof of concept, take everything with a grain of salt.

>If No
Burn the company to the ground.

That's why I can't wait for it.

I seriously doubt BioWare has all that many fans left, and any that they have they're busy pissing off with their anti-white stance. How many cRPGs fans that aren't straight, white and male, and also subscribe to leftist kikery could there possibly be?

Enough to justify an expensive project like this? When EA could get an easier return of their investments making some generic trash that isn't so niche?

Oh, you and me both buddy. As for how many fans fit your description, there's plenty, but they prefer to blog and dress up like the characters rather than buy and play the games. Surely, that won't affect there sales at all, right? LOL!

Not the audience for ME.

You mean those who think they are gaymers because they watch LPs of the gaym and fap to the faggy characters?