"In Crisis Theory you play as the spirit of capitalism, as described by the Marxist model of accumulation...

colestia.itch.io/crisis-theory

Surprisingly good LP and footage: youtube.com/watch?v=H79Wf6Gqd2U

Other urls found in this thread:

wired.com/2009/07/cutthroat-capitalism-the-game/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

bump

bump

Go check it out nerds it's a free game.

I was able to spam 'primitive accumulation' without any adverse consequences. What's up with that?

Already played it, but it's a great visualization of Capitalist economies and Crisis Theory in action.

That's what Stalin did

Does it work on GNU/Linux?

You eventually get a return from primitive accumulation so diminuitive that you can't sate the demands of market forces and you crash anyways.

No Linux version or port for it, but it's a very low spec game meaning you can probably run it on Wine/PlayOnLinux incredibly. Just look up a tutorial on those things if you are unfamiliar.

I'm currently on a cheap-ass Win7 machine but will get home in a day to my Lubuntu machine and test!

downloading to try right now

wired.com/2009/07/cutthroat-capitalism-the-game/

Did you make this game OP

Doesn't run through wine oob.

Nope.

Fiddle around with the settings or just try PlayOnLinux (usually better results than Wine anyways).

Not in my experience, but that doesn't really matter since there's no installation script anyway.
Most of the time the only thing playonlinux does is make a separate wineprefix and installs dotnet, which I just tried anyway.

Not gonna lie, this is fun as fuck and I can see how this would be addictive IRL even without the benefits of lots of money.

Why can't I just appoint fascists to smack down the workers and then use as a scapegoat when a crisis occurs?

It seems to be using mono (which is cross platform)
Try using a PlayOnLinux setting for another game that uses mono.

Yeah but isn't it really obvious that the capitalists who will beat out the other capitalists are the ones who are most fanatically devoted to the system? That's what the market will select for - whoever maximizes profitability. I was just commenting on how the system itself, being challenging, can be fun to try to master. The thing is you can't master it. It's like old arcade games. Eventually you'll lose, the best you can do is lose slowly.

The Earth keeps ruining my exploitation by dying off.

central planners btfo

how the fuck am I supposed to fix something when everything is fucked?

the life of a Keynesian

kek

Downloading it

I already regret making this stirner picture.

strinerfags are trash and need to leave