Mental Health General

How you holding up comrades? Share your feels, stories, experiences, hopes, fears etc.

Anyone else here taking medication?

Other urls found in this thread:

lacan.com/depression.htm#2x
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brave_New_World
youtube.com/watch?v=k_mpaF5-SlU
mega.nz/#F!DJdkhYTR!gNrR2Hm7we5O0dyfwBHG0g
mega.nz/#F!eUlWRQxR!9LG4fzKLvNTiM0CKgUjqvA
lacanonline.com/index/find-a-lacanian-psychoanalyst/
e-flux.com/journal/32/68246/sexual-difference-and-ontology/
youtube.com/watch?v=U88jj6PSD7w
versobooks.com/books/2162-the-happiness-industry
bookzz.org/book/2635304/a9b371
youtube.com/watch?v=f1F-zysTjWg
webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:Oq-UKPNRITsJ:http://mariborchan.si/text/articles/slavoj-zizek/pathological-narcissus-as-a-socially-mandatory-form-of-subjectivity+Zizek pathological narcissus&num=100&safe=off&client=ubuntu&hs=Cu4&channel=fs&hl=en&ct=clnk
tinybuddha.com/blog/45-simple-self-care-practices-for-a-healthy-mind-body-and-soul/
goodmenproject.com/featured-content/7-better-self-care-tips-for-guys-wcz/
artofmanliness.com/2009/09/01/dealing-with-male-depression/
community.artofmanliness.com/profiles/blogs/depression-anxiety-self-care
adaa.org/living-with-anxiety/ask-and-learn/resources
youtube.com/watch?v=K_h55O66uf0
bigthink.com/postcards-from-zizek/slavoj-zizek-on-buddhism-and-the-self
accesstoinsight.org/lib/authors/thanissaro/notself2.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

They say I should take it. Fuck them. Nothing is more docile that a drugged up prole

What's your condition? I take SSRI for depression/anxiety

lacan.com/depression.htm#2x

ew

Medication has been suggested, judging from how people I know have reacted, fuckdatshit.

My mental state has vastly improved in the last year or so.

I've been mainly focusing on trying to read and exercise more, its been a huge help.

had a suicidal wave yesterday, feeling good now though.

Medication is bullshit. In my case, doing the opposite of whatever symptoms you want to prevent makes them fade after some time.

Everyone I know, and none of them suffer from any mental disability, take medications prescribed to autists and schizos.
I once asked why, to which I got the reply "because they help us in a world in which man isn't made for" or something like that. This is one of the most dystopian things I have ever witnessed.

I think you'd enjoy this if you haven't already read it: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brave_New_World

Good thanks brah.

Indeed, that's the first thing that came to mind when I heard it.

Not too well. Materially I'm ok, not bourg decadence but not starving or homeless and some level of comfy. Otherwise I don't really have any close friends to talk to and most of my old friends I didn't fall out with are either too fucked up to be around or fake ass niggas. I get sex regularly and while it feels good does nothing to cure the loneliness I feel.

Why do I have the feeling this is Holla Forums trying to make us look like a bunch of maniacs off our meds?
And for the record, I have never had any mental health problems.

Just the usual tfw no husbando

Well at least now i have a fun goal ;^)

talk sense

I'm not from Holla Forums, I'm just wondering how my fellow anons feel.

What game?

Your only condition is the human one. The way you particularized it and how it lead to your suffering is too unique to be called a condition, except if you want to bastardize the term itself.

"Hi, I'm leprosy, and this is my friend, mumps!"

I feel suicidal.
But only when I'm at my cubicle. Is this normal for office workers?

i havent spoken to a girl in 2 years, i have very few friends and my time is consumed in constant fatigue from my labour, in which I am paid the lowest amount legally possible.

i also feel really lonely and unsatisfied, with no real desire for the future. all i want is something to live for, so my toil doesn't seem so empty. i never spend my money, i work for nothing

I'm still working out the shit I was saddled with from my parents. We really seriously need to implement communal child rearing. Parents have a ridiculous amount of power over their kids and some deranged.

My parents are this guy come to life, complete with literal autistic screeching. For instance, once when I was 12ish they screamed at me for being a freak because they tried to reward me with money for pursing an interest and I said I was doing it because I enjoyed it, not because I expected money as a reward. They literally couldn't imagine such a thing. The fact that their level of insanity is hard to believe just makes it worse because even I have trouble believing it sometimes.

You're not alone, friends.

good shit, glad some of us aren't feeling bad. hope it continues mate

drive to accumulate > drive to self-sustain

www.lacanonline.com/index/find-a-lacanian-psychoanalyst/

Some extreme difficulty with handling emotion and stimulation, i self-harm every now and again.
I think I might be autistic.

Previously diagnosed with depression
Also, diagnosed with epilepsy after a company tow truck rammed me on the freeway and my truck rolled.

one again, fuck meds. I work out daily to cure depression which works 1000% better than meds

as far as the epilepsy..

cant do much about it. I had a single epileptic episode from the car crash, which was 6 months ago. doctor says i need meds, i say otherwise.

What does that mean?

seen that link before, reading into Lacanian psychoanalysis as we speak incidentally. Reading Bruce Fink's A Clinical Introduction to Lacanian Psychoanalysis: Theory and Technique

Regardless, I wouldn't be able to afford it or consistently go to analysis sessions.

also
don't really get what you're meaning by that.

Do you mean "your drive to accumulate is greater than your drive to self-sustain. You should see an analyst"

or do you mean "The drive to accumulate is greater than the drive to self-sustain. You can find analysts here for your dilemma".

cheers

Everything from a bad family to bullying to long periods of loneliness and constant social rejection has lead to a series of anxieties that show up every once in a while here.

From time to time I have to deal with a combination of bad feelings all chimining in at once. Around at the same time I start getting anxious about my future, about my love life, about my tasks from work/uni, about something cringeworthy I did in the past, about being a weirdo, about having wasted my youth, about how I'm past my prime and I haven't even had proper fun or happiness yet. Then I freak out, I take a lot of shit to make me sleep and sometimes I'll message an ex or a close friend to ask for help. It can last a few hours or a few days, but eventually I'm ok again.

I thought about seeking professional help, but I'm not sure if I want medicine. I feel that these anxiety/depression episodes are like a poison, if I take it enough times my body will develop some type of immunity to it. Idk if that makes sense.

I'm on Setraline but I'm going to try cutting my dose starting today.

Hopefully I won't go crazy.

Jesus christ. chiming in*

Have you actually asked a Lacanian for the price (which should be patient specific) or you just BSing?

You are droning yourself to death and not spending any of the money on yourself, is what I meant.

youtube.com/watch?v=k_mpaF5-SlU

www.lacanonline.com/index/find-a-lacanian-psychoanalyst/

They said professional help, not snake oil.

I'm not paying you to ask about my mother.

Enjoy your suffering.

>>>/fringe/

The only one listed under Brazil is a few states away tho.

I can't really say I feel well, my life feels devoid of a goal and I struggle to find motivation to do things beyond working and gaming, even though I read when "free". I don't know where I'm going, and I have a deep seated problem when interacting with women, something I'd say is a sort of petrification, an inability to do anything but observe.

I keep telling myself after I move out I will realize what I have longed for which I can't have, but I don't know if I won't become absorbed by capital like my father did, always working and having little time for his family.

I really hope I can finally get an analyst in the future.

lacan? isnt that like a werewolf or something? Are you sure you want a psychoanalyst thats into cosplay/furry?

There should be a bunch of them in South America and that site is not up to date. Google it. At worst you can ask for if they do analysis via phone.

Freudposter has probably turned more people off psychoanalysis than any critic of it. I hope you guys read his posts and try to remember to never, ever sound like this when you're talking about your theories to regular people.

Shit
I dont feel any purpose in life and only manage to distract myself occasionally to forget my existance.
No.

The prerequisite to any revolutionary politics

Miracles do happen.

I stopped screencapping these after a while, tbh.

OTOH they also got a feminist daughter of the most batshit variety.

I could probably fork over the money, though I am on a VERY low income for full-time employment (I'm on just above a third of the average income for my area). The main issue is location. I live many miles away from any Lacanian psychoanalyst that I've found. The cost of public transport, having the time allowance with full-time work and the upfront cost itself (which regardless of analyst, will very unlikely be insignificant) makes things extremely difficult.

I'd legitimately be interested in going into analysis, however I don't think circumstances will allow me to do so.

Try asking for phone analysis. It seems to work just as well if not better than analysis in presence. I have thought about asking myself to the local lacanians, but being who I am I have of course put it off.

One day

I wish I had people to talk to again.

A few years ago there was a video streaming IRC where you could just chat with anyone. You didn't need to be part of a clique, the entire idea was to stick videos on and have fun with or without a username. It helped me get over my crippling anxiety.

There's nothing like it anymore. Everywhere you go is full of picture spamming spastics or minor attention whores.

I have considered this, but quite a lot of them don't seem to offer phone analysis. I've just started reading into Lacanian psychoanalysis, and I can see exactly why some are hesitant to do so. The visual side of the experience must have a lot of telling factors that aid in their analysis.

I'd much prefer a face-to-face analysis anyway. I'm not very good on telephones, and my current living situation means that conversations are never truly private.

How have people you know reacted? Genuinely interested. Buddhist practice helped me fix my life among other things.

There are language learning sites like that where you can do this if you are willing to learn a language and help someone learn your own.

I'm also on Sertraline user. Funnily enough I'm reducing it too, down to 100mg from 150mg. How are you?

Everyone is on meds these days.
Thanks to big pharma capitalists.
The pills work sadly.
Fucking capitalists.

I want to get perscribed some kind of pills that I can abuse to get fucked up, any suggestions? I've been trying to get ambien to no avail

Have you tried the brown pill?

Hope you have luck. Ask for your options from the closest analyst you can find. They might know of Lacanians in your region that's not online. Call them or send a mail. Don't be afraid, nigger.

You're the worst fucking advocate for mental health.

Even Bruce Fink (who is for phone-analysis) prefers IRL over skype, or at least having preliminary sessions IRL then moving onto phone. The question at hand is transference, really. If you need to see your psychoanalyst's diploma, his beard (or whatever typical shit transfixes your gaze) to develop transference than IRL might be the best option for you, but since speech is the most important part of the analytic session, you should be able to overcome this difficulty. If you are a psychotic, however, phone is out of the question, just like the couch.

Thank god I'm not for "mental health."

not great. i am surrounded by well meaning liberals. my closest friends switched from Bernie to Trump because of memes and contrarianism. My parents voted for HRC. I am completely isolated from actual leftists/post-woke people. Twitter and 8ch are my only outlets

feelsbadman

If it's only "outlets" you need get in touch with comrades in your area: parties, reading groups, university clubs, activists, whatever.

Hey I'm still looking for this, why is it psychotics shouldn't be put on the couch? The analyst I had said that they could depending on category (paranoia, schizophrenia and so on), but that is very risky if you are dealing with one.

I understand, I'll take that into consideration. Thanks for the information based freudposter, I'll take a good look into it and continue to read into psychoanalysis.

pls don't do that user

I fucking hate myself so much. have only one friend and feel like I could never speak truly about my problems with him and try to distance myself as much as possible from my parents. I get the idea that everyone around me sees me as creepy and that as socially anxious and distant in terms of interests as I am from everyone else that I belong nowhere.

went back on my medicine and halfed the dosage to 5 mg, realized how much it numbs my mind and makes me indolent but at least I don't have them panic attacks and urges to kill my parents anymore right?

I'm going down from 150 to 100 as well, I've not had any real side effects so far.

damn…this thread is making my beta side return and suddenly i feel the urge to be friendly towards you anons.

I'm a loaner myself, it would be nice having friends, even if it's just online.

YES THIS! It really should take a village to raise a child. It's stupid that all of the shitty adults in my childhood still continue to hold some power over me.

why don't you fuck off back to Holla Forums
honestly this is pissing me off
all these
posts just so we look like a bunch of useless looser

kek you're the Holla Forums. being mean to people with problems just to make us look bad and uncaring.

I have dissociation episodes constantly and I'm hoping to get into some therapy or medication so I don't kill myself but >NHS

>>>/kind/32457

we should make a left version of this

Pic related. Jean-Pierre Klotz is a psychoanalyst in France. This graffiti is – what I presume to be – a psychotic patient's goodbye message to the sessions. It vaguely translates to: "KLOTZ, you are responsible for the bombing of the towers of New York." In other words he must have triggered a psychotic break in one of his patients.

Putting psychotics on the couch amounts to withdrawing them from visual support. Lacan's differential clinic was formulated just to counter this and the Freudian clinic's inability to treat psychotics.

Diff. kinds of psychotics could have diff. responses to the couch. A paranoid (pic related) is left to his fantasies about him being targeted for (idk,) just another instance of surveillance, a schizophrenic might start questioning the position of the analyst (who is speaking to me?), etc.

It might be safe to put a melancholic on the couch, but what's the fucking point? Analytic work with a psychotics basically means constructing with them sinthomes that allow them to function and not let them fall into another psychotic break.

With neurotics the couch has a "purifying" effect: you get rid of anything that's in the way of transference. You don't see your analyst, you are just constantly bothered by this outside voice, allowing you to put your analyst in the place of the Other.

You can lessen your suffering by actually bothering to find out about its cause.

1997 → 2007 → 1995:

Study help:

Find a Lacanian analyst:

I'm a tranny so its almost obvious my mental health sucks.

Same.

I'm going through an identity crisis at the minute; some of it is related to politics,some of it isn't.

I loooked for different ideologues which suited me and when I finally got the balls to make a thread to describe myself basically everyone said I was a socdem , I spend so long calling people who were socdem cucks and telling them they deserve the gulag, hell I fucking defended the USSR to my friends and now I feel so guilty,awful, disillusioned and I feel like I desrved to be gulaged myself.

I also feel bad because I not sure if I will pass my A-levels and if I will get into a good university or tech college so I have a plan to join the YPG in rojava but I feel bad when I think about the people I will leave behind and if I would even survive to see them again also; would they even accept me after I get back home, should I even go home or just stay in rojava?

Also I'm my issues regarding gender and sexuality have come back up and I became really ashamed and anxious after seeing 3rd pic because I felt like I would never look like that and stuff like that. I also feel anxious because I want a bf but the last guy I dated abused me and roughly cuddled me (If you catch my drift) and every time I think about cuddling with a bf I get really flinchey and anxious.

Really sorry about the long post I just feel bad.

you might be a psychotic, please consult

You're mental health sucks because you're a tranny or you're a tranny because your mental health sucks?

I most likely have PTSD from childhood abuse lol. I have a psychiatrist appointment in a week. I'll see what happens.

The former. It's a really hard thing to cope with.

Nah, you are either a perverse subject (if male) or a psychotic, post-break.

And what are you Mr. Shrink?

You're making a lot of assumptions here lad. I don't think you're a professional in this field!

same, good luck fam

iktf

Please for the love of god and all that's holy don't go to a psychiatrist. He'll just prescribe you drugs after a short test.
webm very much related

Do you need help studying, user?

Trust me most of the grades that unis put up are utter shite and they will tend to give you either an offer or unconditional offer on the spot especially if they are a smaller uni.

Well if you have ideation you don't like and would like to be rid of, it's best not to fight it and let it go naturally and peacefully.

How many obsessions and fads have you gone through in your life? How do they usually end? For me, I usually get bored with something, and never think about it again.

But I *am* from the so-called third world. The psychiatric meeting is for an assessment, I'm going to request more than just drugs. My goal is to get active therapy.

Obsessional neurotic.

Not really. Neurotics (basically, in chan-speak: 'normies,' ~90% of pop.) don't have "gender crises*." You are either a psychotic post-psychotic break (like Freud's famous Schreber case) or a perverse subject.

by that I mean more than what is guaranteed by the process of sexuation*… *

user…You're not on Holla Forums or /int/ from halfchan where only 3 or 4 countries are called first world according to their standards.
If there's psychiatrists, you don't live on the 3rd world.

The issue is that I tried for years to just "let it go", I've arrived at the inevitable conclusion after years that either I transition now or I do it much later when I'm old, bald, and end up looking like shit. Worst case scenario here is that you're right, I take a few months worth of hormones, realise I was wrong about this all along, and just stop. Changes reverse on their own before a certain point.

That doesn't change the fact that PTSD is an ideological construct. Just because you are from the third world it doesn't mean that trauma affects you differently.

Good luck with living as a drooling zombie.

Dude.

Psycho-analysis is an ideological construct.

You seem to actually possess very little understanding of how gender dysphoria works and actually the advice you're giving out in this thread seems terrible in general.

You are duped. You are about to butcher your body.

Good luck with that.

It's really not, that guy's just a looner.

I'm applying for foundation art as well as HND's for moving image its just I feel l like I've fucked around too much. I'm hoping to make it up but I'm not sure since the art is portfolio based application.

I also want to apply for a psychology course and become and art therapist after doing a course in art.

Idk, I still have rojava as a contingency plan but the flights are expensive

Yep, the treatment could be said to be the inverse than in the neurosis.

Now we're talking again, is there work (of course there must) on the subject of transgender people? I often see arguments about how people are born with a different type of brain (of which little information on the supposed distinctions is given), but I feel this misses the part where being a gender implies knowledge of the existence of more than one sex before one is even born if one can be born with the "wrong" brain or body. As I see it, a boy who has not met a woman in his life, how can he want to be what he does not know? This is also my problem with supposedly womanly or manly behavior explained in vulgar biology (I cross my legs because of something with my hormones), which ignores that body movements like those are seen differently in different cultures.

South America is not 3rd world. Sure some countries really have some really high number of poor people and there's violence in major cities, but far from being 3rd world countries.
Like i said, only on Holla Forums or /int/ on halfchan those places are called 3rd world.

Free association based on your denial proves that i'm correct.

t.freudian logic user

Wew, I'm utterly destroyed and my belief in the validity of psychoanalysis is utterly destroyed. How will I recover, if ever?

Putting aside funpostan': just like Marxism, psychoanalysis emerged as a mode of critique of ideology, but that's a long story. Good luck with letting biopolitics into your life. It will serve you well.

HRT is reversible before a certain number of months you ignoramus. You don't start off by cutting off your dick, you don't know the first thing about the medical processes involved or the gatekeeping in place so you don't just go and have your junk surgically altered on a whim.

3rd world is a cold war construct. It does include South America. Although I'm frankly in favor of retiring the term, it seems hugely outdated.

Comrade, please.

Typical. You will recover because the fashion that is psycho-analysis drops it's debunked or unfashionable notions and picks up new ones on the go.

are you cute?

People would just tell you that this is not /soc/ and Holla Forums would shit it up

Hey man, I had a shitty childhood, I basically use a detached irony to cope with how wrecked my brain is. I'm only getting into treatment because decades of untreated disorders are finally starting to interfere with my functioning as an adult human bean.

Btw which south american country are you from? I really love south america.
Would love to live in Peru, Bolivia or Uruguay. Uruguay really seems comfy, it's so small and the cities are so small.

Not yet. I still just look like an awkward nerd dude. I'm extremely early into transition.

Yes, stop doing that, I dont like to be confronted with my own actions.

Do what makes you feel happy. Also I would advise trips to nature and other places with low human activity so you can get a clear perspective on yourself without worrying about societal judgement and etc. It always helps me clear my head.

Chile, lived in Santiago all my life, never left country before this year. I'm currently in London studying a masters in sociology and trying to do good at school while dealing with a decade's worth of untreated mental illnesses. I'll manage, I think.

Ah Chile is one of the most beautiful countries on earth. I love it as well.
Best of luck to you famrade. Sociology is amazing, only had sociology 101 at university during one semester, so we only diped into Durkheim, Weber and Marx. Really enjoyed it tho.

I argue with my parents all the fucking time too.

Are you familiar with the concept of paradigms? It's basically a way to say that there are different ways to conceptualize and analyze phenomena. A good example would be "phlogiston theory" – a perfectly scientific construction, debunked, nevertheless.

Just because under the current biopolitical constructions you can "diagnose" yourself (or be diagnosed as) a "gender dyasphoric" person, it doesn't mean that this paradigm is actually true.

Lacanians rebuke the very idea of "gender," which is a way (in our understanding) of reducing the complex networks of sexuality to "societal norms," disregarding your subjectivation of it.

This is not to say that you are not feeling unease at your identity currently. You most likely are devastated about your sexuality currently.

I just wish you'd care to actually look at different paradigms before ruining your body irreparably.

I have done that for years lad. It doesn't make the feelings go away, I'd rather wreck my dick than make myself a corpse because I can no longer cope with it.

The paradigm of "gender" is retarded as fuck. See: e-flux.com/journal/32/68246/sexual-difference-and-ontology/

I have no idea what's this about.

Again, good luck with butchering your body, on the level of hormones, or knifes.

Freudfag, did Ida Bauer really want the dick of her father, he fathers lover, the wife of her fathers lover and be raped too while at it?

I recommend you reading Althusser's For Marx. It's breddi good book that will make you understand how Marxism is a secession from German idealism. With psychoanalysis this is a but harder, tho.

[ARCH STATEMENT OF IDEOLOGY INTENSIFIES]

Hormone changes aren't even that hardcore until years into them. You're dumb as hell.

out pls

Done what exactly, you baboon?

Feelings of what, you baboon?

GL & HF

If it so or not in it's genealogy has no bearing on it being an ideology to it's adherents.

Would you really, in good faith, recommend, whatever the fuck you got going on?

All of this nonsense about how you just have to QUESTION THE IDEOLOGY or whatever metaphysical nonsense you're trying to peddle here. You're a lot less intelligent than you believe yourself to be. All the advice you are handing out in this thread is actively harmful but you seem more concerned with your own dogma to see beyond that.

pdf page 150

The penis becoming the abstract phallus doesn't awnser my question.

Did Ida Bauer really want to be raped, did her dream of being lost in the forest prove this?

Or was Freud just a pervert himself who made everything up on the spot using a logic that made him always correct by kafkatrapping?

I'm utterly shattered.

I have no idea what you are saying here.

I wouldn't because things >going on to me< can not be recommended to others.

My actual experience is bredi much the other way around. I'm too shy and self-deprecating to be able to enjoy my power level. Not that this matters.

For the Nth time, I'm not handing out advice. I'd be interested in what way you think I'm being harmful.

You're telling people in search of treatment to avoid treatment because otherwise they'll be "drooling zombies". You're a blind dogmatic and do not even seem to realise it.

yes, yes it is.

no, no it isn't

Oh, wow, it's almost like your demagoguery is palpable! What I've been actually saying (retractable to everyone with basic reading comprehension) is that there are more than one paradigm's on the ontology of mental suffering.

Just how the fuck do you think taking drugs is treatment when it comes to the core of your subjectivity?

*fart noises in your direction*

sounds like you want to be raped

OK by me.

didn't expect this thread to take off, i'm heartened and sad at the same time

Alright man. Have you tried happiness though? You might like it.

Have you tried reading books, tho? You might not like it.

wasted last year of college because i had anxiety/depression and panic attacks and couldn't have a normal study routine. i used to go to the bathroom near my classroom to throw up and cry for no reason.

Now i feel more confident and even got a qt commie gf (ML) to cuddle with, also got really good grades so far. Hope i can finish my masters soon.

I'm in my final year of uni but I'm probably going to fuck it up. Lost all motivation, discipline and confidence.

yea, i was like that, very unmotivated and nihilistic in a bad sense. Little by little i started to force myself to eat more food, i was freaking skinny, and tried to read more and more each time. It took me a year to get better without meds. Then i actually tried to talk with a girl, she seemed cool and smart, and i scheduled a date a date with her. She was also interested in me so it didn't take long until we started dating.

Oh and reading Camus also helped me.

*tips fedora*

I've never had a gf so I'm clueless on that front

in what way, shape or form is happiness a spook?

versobooks.com/books/2162-the-happiness-industry

bookzz.org/book/2635304/a9b371

There is no such thing as a uniform category of happiness, it's the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow©.

What a nice thread… it did not have to be derailed by a particular someone.
Freudposter, there is a time and place for the sort of meta-analysis you are getting at. It is not here and it is not now. Critiquing ideology is worthwhile, and sometimes even fun, but it is NEVER effective at allowing us to escape its grasps. We don't live in the ether of chanspace. We live at home, with our family, our partners, our colleagues. That is to say in IDEOLOGICAL PSYCHOZONES. We need support that reflects that.

I have no idea what the actual substance of your "critique" is supposed to be.

Sniffman himself said it best.

I'm asking you to play nice ;3

oh wow…i actually agreed with Zizek for the 2nd time. The other was about Trump

1997 → 2007 → 1995:

Study help:

Find a Lacanian analyst:

How is this thread related to leftist politics or economics?

People suffer. People who tend to be against the hegemonic suffer immensely. People who want the society unavailable inside this one feel like shit. There's a trend: those who can't accept what is, and desire what can not be (in terms of the ruling ideologies case) will feel like shit.

and so on

Don't listen to the labels. Take your happy pills with alcohol. It makes everything much better.

because capitalism is shit and it's unsurprising that people who hate it are suffering

It gives me great joy that people ITT who want to create new identities for themselves by basically butchering their bodies (through actual surgery or "hormone therapy) have fucked off. Maybe if your so called "condition" requires you to be absent minded about shit happening around you, you shouldn't be posting in so called "mental health" threads.

Yes, but why not make a thread about capitalism and politics? Why dedicate a whole thread to a specific issue—one of many that are exacerbated by capitalism?

my father is probably going to die soon.
my brother is in the middle of a fascist- ideology-driven existential crisis. I think he may kill himself or do something retarded and ruin his life. my family could be disintegrated
I'm in the middle of a relationship that I'm very invested in, but I don't know what will happen and that makes me nervous
I will soon be away from them for study, spending a lot of time alone in a little room.
I am mentally healthy, I hope. but I don't know if I will be able to cope if everything goes south
I am 20

I love Adderall.

Nothing wrong with me, it's just great.

Are you selling? I need to study for some exams.

t. not a DEA agent.

yeah bro DM me

Can you provide any evidence regarding your theories about transgenders?

My dogs on his last legs (literally - arthritis is getting his hind legs or hip so bad that he's dragging himself sometimes to avoid pain) so I'm sad

100% not true

transgenderism is just a depression fueled rebirth cult. Basically a fad for broken people

have a pair of manly moustaches

Dumb tankposter.

What? All you're doing is making yourself seem more insane than any other person in this thread.

For some, most likely the transqueerfryingpangender types, but them latching onto transgenderism does not make them transgenderism.

we have hundreds of other threads about politics alone

fuck off reactionary

I never said some uniform category of happiness. Happiness is personal, so whatever makes you happy, go do that.

k

pure joy

e-flux.com/journal/32/68246/sexual-difference-and-ontology/

No it is not.

Why has everybody and their cousins started only recently to go transgender? Truth is that deprived of religious coping mechanisms, people create new mechanisms of cathartis

1) You have confirmation bias 2) People are more willing to be open about it because society is slightly more tolerant.

why?

nah it's just become a fad
"transtrenders" are a thing
anyone with a problem solved by genital mutilation is generally reserved and not in desire of societal atention

I guess that means I'm realtrans since I basically have only told my closest friends and will be going out as a guy until I am fully certain I can pass (biggest hurdle is voice training). I think a lot of people (either transtrender or just oblivious) don't realise how dangerous it is to call attention to yourself as trans. I want as little attention as possible, just live a lowkey life.

I wasn't asking for evidence of the DSM. I was asking for evidence of your theory of transgenderism.

There is no evidence in the link you posted, just theory that begs the question.

Good luck transanon

thank fuck for my Iranian friend who's dad was a commie back in the revolution but fled here to London.That guy finally got me to fucking think for myself.Yo Araz dude if you read this I'm sorry for being a ass to you my man,best friend I ever had ;_;

shit fucked me up.Dad for years always was overbearing,controlling,belittling.Mum left his ass for another man,they also got together this way swhen she cheated on her BF to get with him so fucking karmaed his ass, and that gave me re-enforcement nobody will ever truly love me or want to be around me,a general fear of women as my dad shit talked her for years.And now I don't have any self respect or confidence,I'm riddled with constant anxiety and paranoia,I have no idea how to even talk to women I lost my best friend because I was fucking retarded and acted like a cunt to everybody for my own self interests for years I fucked up education,no friends and my family are shit who only care if I have a woman, a child and a well paying job.The way I turned out to them I'm a peice of shit leach.

Right now my dad things I go to school still and am jut redoing 6th form because I fucked up before,but In reality I just go to the river an read books/listen to music and get away from people.no doubt come July,when school ends and he asks about uni or jobs or whatever, I'm fucked without any friends or family to let me live with and no self support or skills to keep me going no way I could do it alone

as for the future? IDK pretty hopeless tbh.Way I see it I have a few choices:1 when dad finds out and gets pissed try to stay with him and get a low paying job and slowly wait to die 2 section myself before I end up killing myself(this doesn't fix anything but buys some more time hopefully) 3 just fucking end it and finally kill myself like I should have already 4 go to Rojova,problem with this is how do I get myself to Syria with fuck all? and why the fuck would they want me? I'm pretty fat,it still hideable under big clothes levels I could work off in a few months, I'm depressed and a shell of a human terrified of everyone, I have no skills, I can't speak Kurdish and don't have the time left to learn it before I end up homeless or dead.

Apart from that I guess I'm pretty good

I guess not everyone is eager to defeat tyrants.

That's interesting because you were readily able to take DSM's paradigm as a fact and you weren't motivated to ask for different positions. Hah, I guess it is us that are wrong!

I'm thinking about killing myself tonight. I'll probably hang myself in my closet. I just can't take my life anymore. A week ago tonight my wife died giving birth to our first child, who also died. We had their funerals Monday. I don't think I can go on any further without my wife and daughter.

I love you, my comrades.

I'm sorry for your losses.
I love you too comrade.
I can understand suicide as a use to get away from all the pain and suffering.

don't do it. you aren't fixing anything

Thank you.

You know, I'm 6 months away from finishing law school. My plan was to go and work my way up through State gov as a republicuck (Yes, I spent alot of years as a leftist on Holla Forums), eventually maybe even getting to the executive branch. You might see President Leftpol in ~40 years.

I guess you're right, comrade. It's just hard to deal with.

I LOVE YOU A LOT!

We are two humans separated by a lot of copper and routers but I hope you can still feel all of my love. Stay alive, stay strong.

CHECKED (inappropriate but they must be checked)

Anyways you are more valuable to the world alive than dead buddy. Hang in there. I know I can't say anything that will change your inner feelings. But, remember that it is a one way ticket and you cannot undo it and we will not be there to hang out with you if you leave. I hate to be brutal about it, but the people who are here are the one's who need you

No worries comrade. If we don't check them then the kulaks will hoard them.
Yeah, I guess.

Indeed, indeed we are.
Also, how do you get flags on here? I've never figured that out.

My sympathies user. It's sappy, but at least your wife and your daughter can live on through you.

WHAT? Can you elaborate? I'm interested

Yeah. I guess they can. Grieving is a process, and I just kinda snapped out of shock and into depression.

Normies are sociopathic narcissists they aren't neurotic. People who are waffling between neurotic and psychotic are people whose normie consciousness is cracking at the seams and they don't know what to do about it. Holla Forumslacks are psychopaths and schizophrenics

Kids these days…

womans broke my heart lots of times and i only knew a single woman who don't use logical falacies, my actual GF
naturally im mysoginist and i can't think in woman as a human being

Disregard this moron:

'Normies' in chan-speak are people with an innate sense of morality, relatively stable identities and sexual orientations, sense of belonging, etc. In other words: neurotics. Consult this for more:

This is impossible. Your subjective structure is non-debatable and non-choosable.

I know, right?

Can we ban the Lacanian Psychoanalysis shitposter? That shit is honestly dangerous and just as Lacan himself all the dude does is pat himself on the back while stroking his own ego. I don't think there has ever been one successful case of treatmeant involving Lacan.

Good post. Best post in months, really. Appreciate it.

youtube.com/watch?v=f1F-zysTjWg

Lacanian Scientologist

Marxist Scientologist
Anarchist Scientologist

Just how new are you?

purty

I think that would be a great idea but unfortunately most people are no too comfortable sharing info on an imageboard. You could try the leftypol steam page to see if there is a discord room or a skype group but idk.

I'm perfectly healthy my dude.

that sucks

you're in fine form as usual

You still with us buddy?

it's been 2 years since i broke up with my gf, she was the only thing that made my shitty office job lifestyle worth living. now when i'm sat in my alienation cubicle, all i can think about is the moment i get to go home, but once i'm home the feelings of isolation set in and i just want to get back to the office so i can have some human interaction again

the cycle never ends

at least get a trip so we can filter you

Does anyone have some good mental health/self-care resources to contribute? We want to try to build up an OP template to use this as a recurring thread.

What type of resource do you want?

General online resources that would be helpful to include in an OP. I'm open to suggestions, anything is welcome.

webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:Oq-UKPNRITsJ:http://mariborchan.si/text/articles/slavoj-zizek/pathological-narcissus-as-a-socially-mandatory-form-of-subjectivity+Zizek pathological narcissus&num=100&safe=off&client=ubuntu&hs=Cu4&channel=fs&hl=en&ct=clnk

Link is a coherent explanation of the narcissist's condition and will probably be helpful to those who read it.

thanks. whatever happened to mariborchan anyway?

The owner couldn't afford all the traffic.

My little brother was mentally ill. He set a fire in his room. The fire marshal arrested him. He went to a youth jail and told counselors he had figured out the room checks were not random, and that he knew how long he had to kill himself. The counselor took this as a sign of trust and allowed his extra muh privileges like bed sheets, which he used to hang himself between room checks. He died on November 3rd. His birthday was December 9th. He would have been 17. My mental state is pretty bad right now.

It'll be okay, comrade… I couldn't even imagine the pain you're going through right now, but I've grieved through a lot. And I can say with surety that no matter how bad things may seem, as long as you've got you're health, things -will- eventually get better.

You're gonna need support, though. Perhaps it's time to take a trip to /kind/? Alternatively, if you're into anime, there's this one super-comfy forum ya might like… c:

Good god comrade. I'm sorry. I hope you find a healthy release for all this inner turmoil.

I'm so sorry user.

Makes my problems seem meaningless

Hang in there comrade. One of the most difficult parts of losing someone close is this sense of guilt or that if only you had done x or y… I speak from experience when I say to resist these thoughts. And don't keep your feelings bottled up either.

I'm liking these /scg/ Wojaks

Thanks, comrade. I'll make one with your Wojak too. You have any Alunyas or Gondolas that I could /scg/-ify?

Realtalk, what's /scg/? I visited it here on a lark, but it's just an abandoned Star Citizen board.

the thread you're in now. self-care general

I have many Gondolas!

Thanks fam. :3

I liked this one a lot

Made a template for future threads:

/scg/ Self-Care General

Liberal capitalism perpetuates a lot of misery and suffering in this world, and even the strongest comrades can feel down sometimes. /scg/ is a thread for the discussion of self-care and mental health, as well as a place for comrades to vent their frustrations and offer each other comfort and words of advice.

This is a non-sectarian thread.
Be kind to your comrades.

tinybuddha.com/blog/45-simple-self-care-practices-for-a-healthy-mind-body-and-soul/
goodmenproject.com/featured-content/7-better-self-care-tips-for-guys-wcz/
artofmanliness.com/2009/09/01/dealing-with-male-depression/
community.artofmanliness.com/profiles/blogs/depression-anxiety-self-care
adaa.org/living-with-anxiety/ask-and-learn/resources

Many countries have hotlines for those who are having suicidal or otherwise troubling thoughts. There are of course too many to list here, but know that they are only a quick google search away and oftentimes an incredibly helpful resource.

Lastly, this is a new recurring thread we'd like to keep going. Part of being new is that it's unrefined and open to changes. Feel free to contribute your suggestions and criticisms ITT as well.

very nice work user

this is why I like this board and its camaraderie

So, my dog died two days before Christmas. We couldn't bury it because my whole family was too sick to dig a hole or lift a dog into a wheelbarrow. I'm not really that upset that Buddy died, exactly; he was old and suffering and it was his time. I'm more upset that he spent his last two days cold and alone because we've all been too busy trying not to die to give him treats and head pats.
Too busy trying not to die. That's the state we've been in for a long time now.
Our roof has been leaking for three years. We keep saying we're going to fix it, but I don't believe it anymore. We would if we could, but we're too busy trying not to die. There are so many other more urgent bills, rents, fees, fines, and expenses to throw our time and money at. My mother has been using the same single contact lens for years now, making her effectively blind in one eye, because she hasn't been able to scrape together the funds for a trip to the optometrist. In two years.
Sometimes we'll come into a little bit of money, maybe $40 dollars or so. Usually it will go to one of our urgent bills, but sometimes, on occasion we'd order a pizza. Because sometimes it takes a little celebration and a little indulgence to remind us that we're still human beings. It's tricky though, because the harder things get, the more you need the reminder.
On some level, I've known the world was falling apart since 2011. Something about watching a freshly brain damaged Iraq War vet dragged away from police lines after getting shot in the face with a police grenade made me realize that our problems aren't going to be solved neat and pretty. Still, it didn't really hit me what the world falling apart really looks like. It's not the police breaking skulls on TV. It's the millions of families like mine, too busy trying not to die,too busy patching the boat to see where we're sailing. Millions have already gone under, and millions more will follow.

Same. My parents tried to bribe me into dressing differently and getting involved in extra curricular activities… fuck them.

Did you even read his post?

Maybe this story means nothing but i really fucking hate how mental health issues are displayed in otherwise decent media.
In Star Trek Deep Space Nine one of the characters develops a host of mental issues including schizophrenia, these issues are known about by the other characters, but whilst they considered him dubious yet morally grey before, now that he is seriously mentally ill and just spent 6 months in a hospital they declare him "pure evil". How the fuck did anyone not see that condemning the mentally ill as "pure evil" is a fucked up message? Whatever bad shit he did before nobody thought he was beyond salvation but the moment he gets sick he is suddenly irredeemable and there's no pity left for him.

There's something horrifying about people suffering from easily fixable problems; problems that wouldn't be an issue with a little bit of help. Millions of people going under, unable to help each other, unable to help themselves.

I think that's what's most disgusting about capitalism. Everything is commodified and has a price affixed. You can't move without bleeding money. You can't help anyone without hurting yourself. Bourgeois individualism ensures those with the least are the least capable of helping and bettering themselves. And everything you enjoy is enjoyed despite the circumstances. It's too grim.

literally liberalism

"The majority of people spoil their lives by an unhealthy and exaggerated altruism – are forced, indeed, so to spoil them. They find themselves surrounded by hideous poverty, by hideous ugliness, by hideous starvation. It is inevitable that they should be strongly moved by all this. The emotions of man are stirred more quickly than man’s intelligence; and, as I pointed out some time ago in an article on the function of criticism, it is much more easy to have sympathy with suffering than it is to have sympathy with thought. Accordingly, with admirable, though misdirected intentions, they very seriously and very sentimentally set themselves to the task of remedying the evils that they see. But their remedies do not cure the disease: they merely prolong it. Indeed, their remedies are part of the disease."

blame the liberals for chopping buddhism down into some self-help therapy stuff that makes money and often meets with New Age stupidity.

what

day of the rope when

t b h buddhism largely is "self help therapy stuff" in that the main and foremost thing the buddha teaches is the path to the cessation of suffering

what the west did is water down the teachings into accessible and acceptable infolessons that can be sold and marketed, leaving very fundamental teachings out. then again its not like the east received the dharma particularly well either.

I drank some kava yesterday, it lowered my anxiety enough that I can formulate words and not stumble over myself while speaking. They advertise it as a legal alternative to getting high though, and it's definitely not that.

I knew it.

I don't think so. The "cessation of suffering" is supposed to mean more than people would realize through the mundane language. Buddhism is giant with its mountains of texts and I think that if someone thought it was just self-help therapy, you could say the same thing about other major religions.

It was accidental, I had really bad allergies

There is still half a bottle left

theres a mountain of texts but most simply explain the very basic teachings more in-depth and a shitton of texts are not even relevant to the average person but have been added later on from other sources or are meant for the ordained. you could read 1 maybe 2 books on buddhism and as long as you understand them, take them to heart and _practice_ you will be on the right path. the importance and effectiveness of meditation cannot be overstated. it works better than painkillers and is more effective at combatting depression than meds or counseling.

following the five precepts would already be enough to over time clear your mind and reduce the negative karma in your life. hell, if we were all to follow the precept to abstain from false speech Holla Forums wouldn't even exist.

Damn son, bad luck.

youtube.com/watch?v=K_h55O66uf0

That's not true. Have you read the texts? The earliest ones are full of tales, myths and poems, tetralemma logic, the concept of anatta, etc. They are also not strictly meant for the ordained. Meditation was the topic least talked about by the buddha

My man

side effects:

yes I have, I am a practicing buddhist, I have read hundreds of suttas. let me get the most important thing out of the way here

there is probably little the buddha stressed more than the importance of PRACTICE! applying what is taught is of such great importance it really cannot be overstressed, words can only convey so little. texts relating to this make up little quantity wise, but that is exactly what I have been trying to say, that most of the buddhist texts and works are not really important for the layperson. they would do much better to receive the relatively few but important teachings than all the esoteric myths and poems that are surrounding buddhism. im not fundamentally opposed to them, but while they can bring many people to the path, they are also dangerous in that it is all some occupy their minds with or even more dangerously, misunderstand the dharma for.

the myths and poems? no, of course not. what I was referring to was the vinaya pitaka, one of the three parts of the pali canon that primarily deals with the monastic life and in detail explains the extent, meaning and importance of the ten precepts.

the concept of anatta is one of the very important teachings of buddhism that everyone should receive, its among the base substance of buddhism. not sure why you would include that, did you perhaps misunderstand me? and I am also not really sure what importance the "earliness" of some texts has, the buddhas teachings are not ordered chronologically by importance or something along those lines.

why make a recurring thread when you can get get mods to have it autocycle and pin?

what does that even mean?

what tradition do you affiliate with? please don't tell me you're a secular "buddhist"

no I am not, I put faith into the few doctrines that require faith, such as the concept of karma, non-self or rebirth.

most of my experience has been made within theravada buddhism, but I wouldnt say I affiliate with one tradition or the other.

oh, sorry, forgot to answer the first part of your post. a praciticing buddhist is simply someone who tries to apply the buddhas teaching in everyday life and cultivate mindfulness (through breathing meditation for example, which I do daily).

How does no-self require faith?

as every other teaching that is not immediately accessible or able to be understood by the lay practicioner, or able to be proven by objective standards but must be (according to the buddha) empirically discerned by the individual itself, the doctrine of non-self first requires you to put faith into the truth of the teaching, for you to be able to walk the path to later on discern the truth of it for yourself

bigthink.com/postcards-from-zizek/slavoj-zizek-on-buddhism-and-the-self

It's by Zizek

You misunderstood by the way
He was speaking in Buddhist terms

i sadly dont have much time right now to go formulate a critique of this short excerpt but i believe zizek is mistaking non-self for no-self

accesstoinsight.org/lib/authors/thanissaro/notself2.html

I don't know. I guess they thought that meant he was being honest about finding out something about their security, and deserved a reward. When they let our mom know what muh privileges they gave me and for what reason my mom told them to watch out because that was a warning and a cry for help. They said soemthing like "well we're psychologists and you're not so we know best." Directly after that he killed himself.

there is no active buddhist board on this site. would you like to help start one?

Because Lacanianism is bullshit and barely """works""" for normie problems, much less actual problems.

If you can't be bothered to make a point, why not take your shitposting somewhere more appropiate like >>>Holla Forums

Big claims require big evidence freudposter. You've never provided any sort of evidence for any of your big claims, so I don't expect you'll try now.

I am actually the guy you were replying to, but I'm not sure it's worth the time for a shitposter. Read a book or head back to >>>Holla Forums

No, I just clicked on it at random and assumed what it said. yes