Grand Strategy Games

Archive
pastebin.com/stLT1bVc

randomcountry.gbasood.net/

This Day in History, March 4th

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radu_cel_Frumos
8ch.net/v/res/12096848.html
appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=application&sTitle=Browse Applications&sOrderBy=appName&bAscending=true
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

what are some good non-paradox grand strategy games?

Sims: Medieval

Sengoku Rance

Skyrim

bad rats

Is 1.14 the best version of EU4?

Why do the Ottomans start with a core on Albania?

Civ 5 with the Brave New World espansion pack

Football Manager.

It's a bug, next patch will have them start with never-expiring cores on every province in the world

I think it's because they 'conquered' the place in the late 14th century.
But this guy's right , in the next update, the roaches are gonna get a decision to get cores all over the world.

It's like Johan stalks all the gsg forums out there to see if somebody somehow managed to beat Otto as BYZ. If they did, it's a sign to him that he needs to buff Otto more

La Plata

why play as the bad guys

Paradox can't write AI for shit, by giving them cores there they at least guarantee the AI will attack

Why is this image being posted in every thread? Did I miss some meme or some shit?

How can you guys even play grand strategy any more? Anything less complicated than HoI3 or Aurora 4x is just boring to me. Paradox is just releasing titles that should have been made for mobile phones rather than PC's.

Seriously, how can anyone keep playing shit like EU4 all the time? You had to have subhuman IQ to enjoy it I think. I'm not smart (registered IQ of 98), but I mastered EU, CK, VIC, HoI.

Argentinians are trying to prove they are white by showing they can build symmetric cities.

Can someone explain to me what logic am I suppose to use when granting land in CK2?

Give land to either people who likes you or hire a few nobles from the decisions screen and give it to them. Also don't ever give land to your relatives unless you're an elective monarchy because all they will ever do is revolt and plot against you.

Also never land ambitious people.

Does it even matter much if I give any land titles beyond Kingdom?

under* Kingdom

Actually what is really giving me my own Levy?

I guess I'm stupid then, Ive just formed germany in eu4 for the first time. I can get to conquering lots of land, i just havent figured out how to gear up into WC mode.

WC is arguably one of the most boring ways to play

I've no idea why would anyone ever play as Albania.

that may be so, but i'd like to get one, yknow, check off the list

Your martial stat is what gives you most of your levies. Upgrading your holdings also gives you more.

Your get your own levies from your demesne. When raised, you need to pay their upkeep. If you grant the land to someone else, you can raise his levies, but they will be far fewer (as he isn't obliged to provide everything to his legal lord). On the other hand, he will pay their upkeep even though it was you who raised them. Naturally, he doesn't like this, so the longer you have his levies raised, the more pissed he will get. How much levies he gives depends on how many there are, how much he likes you, and on the laws, so it's most beneficial to give it to someone who will like you a lot, so that he doesn't mind his levies getting raised too much, and provides a lot of them.

If a vassal gets too pissed, he revolts. However, he willalso revolt if he has a particular ambition (like enforcing a different succession law) and enough power to force it, so if you give one vassal too much land, it may be easier to placate him by sending gifts and the like, but if he then passes on and the land passes to some shitter that hates you, you've got a problem. It is thus necessary to balance it between having a few powerful vassals that you can easily affect but who will rape you if you piss them off, and having shitloads of smaller vassals whose feelings don't concern you, but who you can't effectively manage.

So what am I really suppose to want to give (what I don't care about) and to who should I want to give it? This confuse me after winning a war for land. I just got like 20 more titles for just 4 provinces. And it is exactly this connection between my demise and the personal levy that worries me. How much do I have to own from something to get levy from it?

I don't play them anymore. I just shitpost about them.

don't keep any of it if you don't have room in your demesne limit, or if it's not some very high-value region better than what you currently have (in which case get rid of what you currently have and grab this). I tend to hand out duchies and having a gorillion dukes until I reach vassal limit, at which point I start handing out kingdom titles.

I understand the part about not keeping them, but I can't even give them properly and even less do I know what to give. Giving everything directly related to newly giving provinces doesn't even decrease my demise to the previous level. And now I somehow got 22 new holdings from 5 provinces.

baronies, temples, and cities count. One province can have as many as 7 holdings. Just hand out these minor titles yourself, or when giving a title check the thing about giving all related titles too

Personally, when I play, I'm usually stuck with a major vassal revolt every 30 years or so. When I form an empire, I do the following:

A bunch of small counts is just that much more easy to bribe into submission, without sacrificing levy strength overall. You'll also want to lower crown authority to high at your first chance, so your vassals can wage outside wars, which is crucial for lategame expanding when threat coalitions bog you down.

I found out that delegating power to duchies is a good way to prevent a revolt from ever happening, unless you get a really, really shit-tier ruler, since the angry dukes won't get enough support for their plots and don't have enough power themselves. with Imperial Administration, you can then give out kingdom-tier titles that go back to you after ruler dies, so you then get a life-time dicksucker who will love you for giving him a kingdom.

Cuckchan shitposting

But whites don't build square cities.

masochism

La Plata

And I was already thinking when would the La Plata guy show up

I like it.

Based Erdogan

Why does no one want to make a movie about that? This would actually be 2 gay characters who have a purpose and reason to be gay. Also apparently Vlad's brother was very tsundere to Mehmed who forcefully kissed him and received a cut on his thigh from that romanian boy.

Later he made up for it by climbing on a tree and sneaking into his bedroom when the doctors were done caring for his wound.

Imagine the love and pession of these two youths. Oh man, this makes me sad that this is never going to happen to me.

The Turks were really redpilled and knew that it wasn't gay to fuck a cute lustboy, though in that context I can believe that Mehmet was a versatile guy.

Anyone got that pic of turks doing a conga line? With benis in boypussi

GOD DAMMIT!

READ! Tell me this isn't the most beautiful thing you ever read:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radu_cel_Frumos

The boys were taken to the various garrisons at Edirne. Radu became an intimate friend and a favorite of the sultan's son, Mehmet II. According to Latin translation of Byzantine chronicles Radu was Sultan’s lover and male concubine,[2] and possibly, due to good looks and the amorous affairs with the sultan, Radu received a nickname "cel frumos" (the Beautiful). Their dangerously passionate relationships were described by a Greek chronicler Laonikos Chalkokondyles, who emphasized that the sultan 'nearly died at the boy's hands' when he tried to force himself upon the young prince. As the records report, the young Emperor (Mehmed) - wanting to have relations with the prince - called him to feasts and in one instance, passionately offering him a glass, he called him to the bedchamber. When the boy, not suspecting anything from the other came, the Emperor rushed to him; Radu resisted, not submitting to Mehmed's desire, and then the latter "kissed the boy against his will". Frightened, Radu then pulled out a dagger and cut Mehmed's thigh and ran away. It is further narrated, that while physicians took care of Mehmed's wound, the young boy climbed up a tree where he stayed hidden until the sultan left; he later descended from the tree and not long afterwards became the Emperor’s favorite.[3] Chalkokondyles adds that the sultan along with people of his nation had the custom of using favorite boys, and with such as Radu Mehmed "spends day and night together".[4] In the beginning of the chronicle it was noted that the incident happened when Mehmed came to the throne and had to go against the state of Caraman in 1451.[5]

This is so beautiful! GOD FUCKING DAMMIT CHRISTIANITY for robbing me of that.

RRRRREEEEEEEE

I just want to forcefully kiss a boy and make him come back to me for more and then be lifelong lovers with him and conquer his brother's territory, who just happened to be the most brutal ruler in all of the middle ages.

Why doesn't true love exist anymore? ;_;

Sounds like when people say it's not gay if it's a trap.

Also they made a game about that (sort of) Strongold Legend's hard mode campaign has you play Vlad and you defend and siege against his brother.

But they didn't mention that Mehmet owns that ass.

Haven't you read the story? It was so beautiful how he was being so tsundere at first, but truly liked him? Isn't that magical? ;_;

There is a difference. It's not gay to fuck anyone dominantely. It's not even fucking gay. Just don't suck his penis, like the gay tops.

That's why dominant pure top bisexuals are the best.

Anyway, people who typically always have to say that traps aren't gay are low test beta cuckolds, who want to suck a feminine penis and want to submit themselves to the matriarchy.
"sit on my face" "let me eat you out" "choke me with your legs"

According to just before ~100 years it was not gay, where jewish psychologists invented homosexuality and influenced the west to eliminate it in all cultures like Japan, Arabia, etc (Only Turkey stood against it by deliberately legalizing homosexuality, more out of a sentiment of resisting western anti-gay influence and as a statement of sovereignity, they were already pro """gay""" before).

That is the ultimate redpill.

I want you to take the following redpill with you:

It's not gay and rapey to forcefully kiss a guy on his mouth, if he cuts and visits you in the hospital to comfort you afterwards.

Homos? In MY /gsg/?

Nah nigga I'm not buying that gaypill suppository. If you like the dick that's fine but don't go around saying that you like the dick but it isn't gay because you are the top or whatever.

That would make a great doujinshi/hentai/anime/anything made by japs.

autism

Yeah, there goes my ironman save

That's why you gotta back up your ironman save now and then. Combat is stupidly swingy and all-or-nothing in that game.

I am not gay. Was Mehmet gay? No, no one ever says he was gay, even though he probably sucked his lover's dick, but publically he was known as a pure top.

I am not gay if I am dominant, you stupid idiot.

That's the thing though. I don't like dick. Only my own.

I don't want to suck anyone's dick- Period. I want want to get fucked in the ass. Period. I don't want to eat out girls.

I am only operating sexually from a purely dominant, masculine perspective.

There is nothing gay about me! I still like women. I just want to spend my time with a qt lustboy for the foreseeable future, that's all.

speaking of, why does everything have to be super sexualized, why can't we write poems about qt femboys anymore like in the olden times?

Yeah, lesson learned I suppose

I said I like pussy. I want to do both. Learn to read, Pence and shove your pathetic evangelical puritanism up your gay ass. I saw your flamboyant pictures of you when you were young and you had a serious case of the gayface.

How did the thread go from /gsg/ to /homo/?

homosexuality is the last stand of grand strategical identity

Modded Total War. The Italian Wars mod or Deus lo Vult for Medieval 2 add a lot of spice to the game. There are other scenarios for the different games as well. It's more tactically based than diplomatic, but having an overall strategy is just as important as any Paradox games.

You may also want to look into Nobunaga's Ambition and Romance of the Three Kingdoms by Koei. They're the original creators of grand strategy games. I don't have much experience with them other than a hand full of hours in Nobunaga's Ambition, however. But I have to say, for what I've played it is fun. My obsession with Total War has kept me from playing it.

Geopolitcal Simulator 4.

It's so complex that you actually don't have to learn to play the game, because pretty much the rules of real life applies.

So don't be a fucking commie and recognize that taxation is theft. :)

Why even have /gsg/ thread when nobody posts /gsg/?

Because MEIOU or monks and mystics isn't out yet.

We are all waiting, bunched up together, hugging each other, affectionally rubbing our head against the chest of our nearest neighbour and happily chatting away.

okay, those sound interesting, will check those out

Except you, on the electric chair.

CWE is a mess. NWO much better.

I just wish NWO had a "hidden power" element where there flags for the degree of control the kikes have on a given country. If there's no flag, that country has terrible relations and trade with the other countries and is often warmongered against by them, and as the flag increases, events for all forms of liberal bullshit (and supranational unions) start firing more often. Then you as the player have the option to throw off the yoke by persuading your population, region by region (make it a modifier like "encourage antisemitism"), but doing so causes the same warmongering by other controlled nations as if you weren't controlled at all (and is also more difficult depending on the severity of your country's flag), even leading to assassinations of people in your cabinet and outright regime changes.

t. Sratfor's nightmare

stratfor*

where the fuck is starcraft here?

The population is super unrealistic, though. Both in growth (that's a 3.86 or so billion person Europe right there) and in migration - NWO accurately models the browning of white countries, whereas CWE omits it so you get 100% white France by the current day.

Is monks and mystics even worth getting hyped for?Didn't seem to add that much except some more buttons to click every now and then.

There is no permanent browning of white countries.

Gen Z and late millenials like me are going to throw them all out and then I will fuck their boypucci. :3

And you can throw all of them out in NWO, but the migration is modeled in the first place. In CWE it just doesn't happen at all.

It's time to stop posting.

that's because there is no law that legalizes welfare for non citizens, therefore in that universe it would never have happened

if only everyone recognized, but they are all blind to so many statist programs

Ha! I understand that reference! You mean the albanian fuel factory right? :D

Gunna finally start playing Victoria 2 any tips? Ideas for starting country? I was thinking burgerland. Worth getting any mods?

Make sure you're updated to 3.04, and get HPM.

America's ok but kind of boring, and it has a different flow of play than most nations. I would recommend you start with Sweden. Really good literacy, solid RGOs, no immediate border conflicts but potential for some lategame excitement forming Scandinavia and fighting Russia for finnclay. (Technically you can fight Russia pretty early on due to technological superiority but as a new player that won't be so viable.)

Earlier game can do colonial stuff and build industry.

France is a decent option as well. It's big, has some starting colonies, hard to mess up. Can opt out of conflict with Germany on day one by releasing Alsace-Lorraine, or can hang onto it and fight them. Great country for big colonial empire.

I recommend any country that has at least 1.5 million potential accepted POPs and realtively decent pop density. So not Greece for example. Also at least 30% literacy.

I recommend to not go with new world nations, because they work differently and get free immigration.

Play once with vanilla, then get on HPM.

I recommend Sicilies or the other north italian country.

Is Kaiserreich for DH still getting updated with content?

Start with Prussia and form Germany.

Then post your germaniblob

release south Africa and become a kang

tbh the country I had the most fun learning the game with was Sardinia Piedmont and Two Sicilies. You get a comfy little country to build up. Great power potential. And you can get some early conflicts going by invading Tunisia and nabbing some land.

Last one has been Version 1.8 on December 22th, 2016.

How does HPM change the game?
Also if if i do play as Italian minor wont that put me in conflict with both France and Austria?

kinda wanna be Grosdeutchland and perfect Europe's borders, but that does seem like it could be difficult.

Adds a lot of countries, improves the economy, adds decisions, more realistic map… better experience in every way.

It will, but not an urgent "they will war you forever" type conflict like Germany vs France over E-L. France will want Nice, but they will help you to fight Austria in exchange. Austria has no cores on the Lombardy or Venice - once you take them that's it. As to the Austrian cores that you also have cores on, you can just wait on that until you feel ready.

Italy actually is capable of a monstrously powerful land force, so you can by all means kick Austria's ass AND France's ass, tear Austria apart, keep Nice, etc… but you don't HAVE to. Honestly when playing as Prussia->Germany, Italy is the one country I dread going to war with. France is a pushover. Russia is warscore fodder. Britain is one good navy away from being a cakewalk. But Italy is fucking brutal. High tech, big population, good geography. It can easily do stuff like this if it wants.

Those borders make me want to puke, Spanish Persia makes me want to puke. This is sick.

Nice Italian Africa though. And kebab driven out of Europe, no Megali Greece is a disappointment though, but understandable.

I think we should further spread the word on how totally not-gay the t*rks are, I mean, they're very inclusive aren't they?
They're muslim yet they drink and host anal parties, so much that even their sultans of old used to do it (with their asses)!

The world needs to know, and my bet is that libruls would LOVE to know how their closest middle astern allies, aside from israel, like to take it in the ass.

I'm feeling. Remember kids, when you establish a dictatorship, purge fucking everything, especially king and aristocracy until fear will make people stop even thinking bad about you. Don't do like Mussolini

I was planning on wrapping up the Greece shit in the last nine years but never got around to it.

Not sure if you've noticed this, but zoom in on the bottom right of that picture. You've been bamboozled, son.

Also how do i get industry, i briefly tried to play as Russia, nothing i did seemed to get factories
i stopped taxing the fucking rich so they would spend shekels on factories. But the just wouldn't.
I had spent as much as i could on the clergy thing too for like 5 years with no results.
Do i have to suck it up and try longer?

i can see there is writing but cant make it out at all, is something disrupting my Mussolini posting!!!!!?

Russia can't really industrialize early on. You can force build factories but serfdom and shit means you'll have a hard time getting craftsmen.

State Capitalism is the way to go; the free market, just as in real life, is a path to failure. Instead, you should build the factories manually, and subsidize them. Build liquor factories in every state. Build a far amount of cement and glass factories. Some machine parts, small arms, artillery, and steel factories. Upgrade them using shift click.

Don't bother with capitalists.

Do you only build factories using resources your country produces or is it ok to make factories that rely on imported goods?

we should also mention how its totally socially acceptable to hold hands with your male friends in public

It's a fake Mussolini quote, sorry bro.

It's better to build factories in regions that produce the goods the factories need because they get improved efficiency. So build liquor factories where there is grain, wine factories where there is fruit, etc. It is ok to make factories that rely on imported goods but make sure your tariffs aren't too high or else those factories will be extremely expensive to support with subsidies.

Sad! I just wanted to unite the Italian people under one banner :(
Ill go listen to Alex Jones for an hour to get my mojo back. Its become my go to background podcast while playing grand strategy.

Man on man loving makes a mockery of the sacred institution of male comradery. You don't validate friendships with sex, you validate them by sharing experiences and events on a purely nonsexual manner

I mean, kissing your male friend in the lips, holding hands with your male friends in public, OIL WRESTLING in skimpy clothing. t*rkey's pretty not-gay y'know.

You can import but try to grab colonial land that produces such materials.

So basically low tariffs if i need to import stuff for factories, high if i don't?

Pretty much. You can even do negative tariffs if you want to help your capitalists.

High tariffs initially. Taxes as low as possible. Subsidize factories. Tariffs bankroll your government, which bankrolls factories, which use that to buy their inputs and make more money and employ more workers and raise your industrial growth.

You can lower tariffs as your economy gets huge.

yes, I want to kiss them, I also want to hug, cuddle and hold hands with them

you mad? you mad that there might be a guy in this thread right now who I would love to embrace in a hug?

kissing on the lips is too lewd with just platonic friends, but I would love that

why can't I just have friends who are okay with cuddling?

I don't want to fuck every male friend I have. Not even the attractive ones. All I would want to do with them would be hugs and maybe cuddling maximum.

I would get sex from somewhere else.

I am just a normal guy just like any straight dude. Unless you are a gay twink I don't want to pound your boypussy.

sounds pretty gay.
oh god i just noticed the reddit spacing

Ignore the HPM shills from cuckchan, and don't even think about updating to 3.04 it breaks the AI.

what are you talking about? Why does it break the AI?

I think HPM fixed that if it did, because he talked about 3.04 breaking some things.

I'll shut up if you shut up. As long as you keep replying I am also going to reply.

If there's nothing more to it let's get back to waiting for M & T and Monks and cuckolds.

You have to go back

Nah, I like you guys. The one on forchan is just shitposting hub full of autistic underage memers.

It's ok user, I won't judge you for as long as you let the world know how 'lewd' and 'manly' t*rks are.
Bet the guys like cuddling also.

sure, I will scream it loud and clear

you already told me

i take that as a challenge homo-man

report and ignore shitposting please

you're asking me to report yourself?

I am currently watching Fantastic Beasts on some streaming side and I want to fuck the protagonist.

Feels weird. His actor is 12 years older than me. The one who plays quicksilver in the xmen I want to fuck too and he is also old.
I didn't know twinks could be that old. Those 2 guys have amazing genetics. Also they probably moisterize and put sunscreen on daily.

Anyway. That's all I wanted to say to you, since you seem interested in talking to me and that is what I am doing.

After that I will go to the gym. And when I am home I will probably masturbate, shower, eat the reast of the chicken in my fridge and head off to sleep.

Moral of the story is to please use moisterizer. It doesn't make you look young, but if you are young already it can retain your youthfullness a bit, so I still want to fugg you.

I am saving myself the real patrican films for a friend I could watch them together with me and put my arm around his shoulder while watching it closely hunched together under a blanket :3

I really hope you catch AIDS and kill yourself. Filth like you is why I can give a friendly hug only to a few of my male friends

I don't want to fuck my male friends. I just enjoy some physical signs of affection with them.

I wish we could normalize that like when before homosexuality was illegal. People were much more open to that.

Is giving a hug really that bad for you?

can you talk to me in a normal way too?

You're gay. If you were straight you would be too repulsed by the smell to stay that close to him for that long. Hugging is one thing. You're talking about cuddling together while watching a movie. You're gay, dude.

Thread has been somewhat derailed
Rate my Russian empire and my great eastern European borders

1. I am not going to do that to people who smell bad.

I actually just said putting my arm around his shoulders and being quite close together. I recognize that cuddling is a bit more and maybe too much for some people.

… that's like … just your opinion, dud

Note my my superior greece

i'm sorry user but i gotta out-shitpost this faglord

Pretty good but that corridor to the Indian Ocean is a bit ugly. I would have kept one province on the coast to act as a port and then release puppet states. Nice work on giving Greece its lands back. Except for Constantinople. You better give that back.

What is ireland doing down there?

Also my massive unending genocide of all non slavs in my empire
And I've just managed to seize most of Australia and some islands in east Asia, for power projection purposes.

Tsargrad will be Russian forever. Russia is the third rome and as such the city of constantine must be russian. Also russia would never allow another power to controll the starists if at all possible so i though i had to give it to them directly, this is also why is had to do that for the Indian ocean and greater Armenia, Russia need power projection in those areas and it can only be secured by a permanent Russian presence.

straits

It was This game that made me want to attempt Russia in Victoria 2

honestly triggers me, do you really think all guys smell bad?

with what kind of disgusting people do you hang out? Or are you alone and just base it on yourself? Normal people shower daily.

can you at least say something interesting if you want to reply to every post i make?

i'm playing the long game gaylord. can't expect me to waste everything on one post. nigger.

Playing Victoria 2
What is it with these endless pop ups giving me consciousness or militancy
i cant run the game for more than a minute without them going
REEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!

Thats how you pass reforms and genocide political dissidents, user, git gud.

fucking moralfags get off my gsg

If I am just trying Aurora for the first time, which version should I be playing? I just downloaded version 5.54 but I noticed I can download a 7.10 patch.

7.10 is newest one
just grab the portable 7.10 version on their forum

They don't call them potato niggers for nothing. It's for size comparison

What's the best mod for DH if I want a regular WW2 (so no Kaiserreich and the like)?

Vanilla? It is basically a mod anyway. Otherwise there are stuff like AAR and Total Realism Mod, but you should play vanilla first.

TRP is supposed to be good but I haven't tried it. Vanilla is fine though if you haven't played that. Most mods to vanilla gameplay end up being bloaty.

I played vanilla many times, as well as Kaiserreich, but am now searching for a more enhanced WW2. I hear NWO2 is supposed to spruce up late game, is it true?

Sure if by late game you mean it is not WW2 any more.

I've never understood why someone would want to play until 1990 in DH. It's boring as fuck. NWO adds that, if you're like me you'll try the post-cold war start, play for 30 mins with nothing interesting happening, then delete it.

TRP is pretty good. It has its own research tree and combat is much more similar to Hoi 2 combat which is good.

Trying to make an economic super power in V2's NWO is not that bad. No idea what you do in DH's though. Are there at least enough events and such?

Actually your experience of NWO should have been from V2 as DH's is suppose to be until the end of the cold war.

thanks, I'll try it

I meant post-WW2, beginning of cold war actually. Played UK and had jack shit to do, USA didn't seem to have any options either.

There are some flavor events but nothing I can find to start an interesting WW3 or anything. I'm guessing if I waited around there would be a scripted korean war and vietnam war.

Problem is that DH/HoI is designed to last around 5-10 years max, which is why days are stretched out to 24 hour increments. A mod that expects you to play for 10-20 years just clicking random event popups before something happens would be like playing 100-200 years in V2 as an unciv unable to declare war or do anything before the mod decided to let things happen. Which is probably what Victoria Ultimate does as an unciv now that I think about it.

Couldn't you fight to hold to your colonies or something?

There was some events that said holding on to them would give dissent or something. I chose to hold on to them and got bored before anything interesting happened.

Again, DH timescale.

Certain events have a chance to start WW3 based on what choices the AI makes. The first one is the Berlin Airlift, but there are several others where there is a risk for world war. The point is that it's only a chance so sometimes they will never go to war with each other unfortunately.

The way it should work is that the player should have decisions to do stuff. Allies should be able to influence/bribe Soviet bloc members into trying to leave or rebel after fulfilling conditions, and the Soviets should have the same options.

Try breaking the infamy limit and rolling through simultaneous containment wars and nukes flying.

Industry is so low because western countries have limited pops in NWO and Vicky 2 is hard coded to use worker count for industry score. Tried to persuade simsulla to let us do Nazi German / East German / Orban Hungarian style money-for-families style program for birth rates and he seemed to agree but it remains to be seen how useful it'll be.

Talking about DH NWO. There's no infamy, nothing to do during peacetime and years are slow.

Oh, I see. Yeah V2 NWO is the way to go. Hopefully some time the converter gets working too.

That's the funniest thing I've seen all day, thanks user.
Culture mapmode?

40% German, 20% Polish, rest is assorted Europeans.

Did you genocide a ton or something? Surely that's low even for $CURRENT_YEAR?

That's not far off from the modern population of that total region, added up. NWO has very slow birth rates in Europe. Nuclear war also took a bit of a toll, leading to very little population growth. I didn't do the genocide decision since that'd hit all the various non-German whites in my country.

But you need to at least get rid of the P*les.

I would if I'd gotten it all before acquiring based Baltics and Swamp Germans and Slav Germans (czech).

Hmm, alright. As an American I have it in my head that Europe is much more densely populated than we are, and the idea of controlling that much land and still only having 2/3rds of the US's population seems wrong. But I guess it's the least populated land and the map projection makes it way bigger than it is in reality.

That's missing most of the major European countries, though. European population is concentrated on the European core. Most of the dense eastern regions are also not included in that Germany (eg Muscovy and the Ukraine).

Yeah I know, that's what I meant. The way the map is projected, it's kind of weird to realize that he barely more than doubled his population when his map area went up by like 700%.

I knew Germany had much more population than most of the rest of Europ but I didn't know it had literally twice Poland's. Guess that's Communism. Also had the idea that way more of Russia's population lay within that bubble than there actually was.

Germany's always had super big population, historically, barring severe depopulation in some wars. You have to keep in mind regarding Poland that Poland was a lot smaller before they gained all that German land, and while some Poles live there it was mostly/totally depopulated when Poles engaged in genocide of the German population living there, so their population isn't quite up to track to what the landmass would indicate. Similarly, all the Germans forced out of historic Germany into an area only about 60% of what they used to live in.

So while Poland and Germany are geographically similar sizes today, the populations in them are still influenced by previous large size difference.

As shitty as communism is, population we can't actually lay at their feet, not generally speaking anyways, despite the mass murders - East Germany actually implemented a housing loans program almost identical to Nazi Germany's one, and kept German birth rates at a decent level until it was absorbed into West Germany, and the Polish communist government was probably also not suppressing birth rates.

Russian population concentrates around the Volga much as German does around the Rhine.

I guess I kind of assumed that Poland pop boomed at least a little after WW2 like Africa/Asia did since they had lots of land and influx of first world medical care without being first world themselves. Looks like they only crept up slowly.

Africa and Asia's population boom was due to the traitor Borlaug teaching them European agriculture.

Edit your savegame (open the .sav with notepad++) and give your country the accepted cultures that you don't want to shoah. You can then remove the accepted cultures afterwards if you think its cheating or otherwise don't like having multiple accepted cultures. See pic related, using Japan as the example.

Not Eastern Europe, for the most part. More to do with terrain and general geography than anything else.

No shit.

rude

What boons am I getting exactly from puppeting other nations aside from their military power?

Victoria 2 of course. I thought the context would be enough.

You could have been a retard using wrong terms, which is a likely conclusion from your assumption people can read your mind over the internet.

There is no context to your post and it could mean different games.

These are the key phrases that narrow the game down pretty well. From these you can infer that the game includes a puppet nation feature and that its gameplay includes things other than war (unlike HOI)

You might have autism if you just assume everyone will reach the same conclusion as you assume you would.

Sorry, user, but this

More like forced relocation or killed when trying to flee from the advancing red army. It'd be interesting if we had statistical data of the area of modern Germany in 1939 and in 1950. I'd imagine with over 5 million people fleeing former German territory in the east to what we now consider modern Germany there might be a population increase or about same with what the population was before 1939 even with the war.

It's really not worth it except if you're a fag like me and you like pretty borders. Puppet's can't declare war or sign any treaties with any other nations but their internal government is not affected by the mother country. You also can influence them much more effectively so that's nice.

I'm not sure but I'm pretty sure that if you puppet a nation and they become a great power they break out of your control so keep that in mind.

Anyone playing ck2 new expac ? How is it?

It's perfect and fixes everything wrong with CK2. I didn't know this when I bought it but it actually comes with complementary hookers and blow.

Brb, ordering 20 copies

Forceful expulsion of people from their land wherein a couple million people die sounds like genocide to me.

So I skimmed the dev diaries of the new CK2 expansion, and Johan should just stop being coy and declare CK2 a fantasy already.

Hard to say right now because in order to play it you have to play vanilla, and you remember how shit vanilla is relative to [your favorite mod]. Most of the valuable content comes free with the update: inventories, decision priority. The only thing worthwhile that's not in the update, as far as I can tell, is the child-naming buttons. I think even the secret society system is in the free update and the expac only adds content – societies – to that system.

The expac societies are okay, but you're not really missing anything if the mechanic exists for mods. The new councilor actions are used by default until they're assigned to do something else, which is nice. The child-naming buttons are a godsend, and are the one thing that should've been in the free update that wasn't – but the update had the most valuable parts of the expac anyway so I can't really complain. Haven't used the new AI orders yet.

It's basically a $15 child-naming button dlc, with some extra content thrown in – societies and artifacts – that will get ripped out by [your favorite mod] after it updates.

Please ignore the black robes we all wear, it's just fashionable.

More like hentai tbh.

yeah, Paradox's hard-on for fantasy shit is really starting to piss me off.

It was fun at start, when you got Joan of Ark stuff, or the incredibly rare demon kid – it felt like an easter egg. But now there's shit like that everywhere. Pieces of shit should fix their AI and mecahnics and leave fantasy for modders

It feels like the new expansion is just a proof of concept for modders to use. Especially the mission system. "Click a title and click the option to curse the temple to get a bonus", "build a temple to get a bonus", etc. The

You can turn off the devil worshippers without removing the normal rare supernatural event stuff.

wow thanks for deleting quality podracing

You better be Protestant.

breddy gr8 m8 i r8 it 8

Why is it performing geological survey if it is a gravity ship with gravity sensors and a gravity hull?

So this is how horsefuckers are created.

You sure you have grav survey sensors? Also make sure you have your default orders are Survey Nearest Survey Location. You may be ordering it to geo survey instead of doing its job. Happened to me earlier.

Definitely have gravity sensors. Definitely surveying locations and not bodies.

System locations is planets m8. Change your Primary default order to Survey Nearest Survey Location.

It makes no difference. They're still trying to do geo surveys.

You have to go into Task Group Orders and cancel their current order to survey the planets. Then they will begin surveying the survey locations.

I completely deleted the task group and made a new one. It's working now.

Hey /gsg/,

I want to build a massive space fleet and subjugate enemies and rebels of the Empire.
Which game would be best for such? Aurora? Distant Worlds? Some other game?
I don't mind autism requirements, more depth is better.

Also, after checking out Aurora for a few minutes, are there extra ship sprite packs somewhere? the fact that it's only startrek/wars triggers me. How does DW compare to Aurora anyway?

I would say Aurora has the best chance of meeting that requirement. The next update will make planets rebel against you if you fuck up and you are able to conquer planets either through bombardment or ground troops now.
You can add your own sprites into the game. Just add them to the folder with the appropriate name. I haven't played Distant Worlds before so I cannot compare.

I'm hoping they're saving that for the last expansion, or that they'll at least allow you to play as adventurers/mercenary captains.

Stellaris probably isn't worth $40, right?

Stellaris isn't worth getting fucked in the ass

Here's some ancient shit I have saved. I got tired of looking at a divided Africa with piece of shit nations that shouldn't exist in the first place and did something about it.

You're right, dumb question.

I'd recommend buying enough copies on Steam to fill your HDD, then lighting it on fire and buying a new NDD so you can purchase it a final time and play it.

btw the DLC is coming out in a few weeks, make sure to get that too.

nope fuck off that clay is ours, always was and always will be

Good game

I didn't buy the expansion and the update broke the "direct vassal" button that i was using to somehow manage my Holy Roman Empire, now it's all whit instead of colours for direct vassals.
FUCKING HREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

It's funny how everybody has a cavalier attitude towards conquests and purges, but when Germans fall victim it them suddenly it's as if it's the worst thing in the world. Not long until Germany is gone for good, thank God.

(checked)
Praise G*D indeed!

Ctrl+left clicking your realm still works.

He's right, though. Germany is no better than other white european countries.

Was never polish clay and you won't have hold of it much longer.

More stupid questions about Aurora:
So, when I cancel a ship's orders, it seems to just sit floating wherever it happens to be at the moment. How does this affect morale and is there a way to order them back to a shipyard?

Keeping thread alive, I'm playing as Malta on Vicky II NWO mod, will post the Great Maltese Imperium when I get home.

Currently have control over some parts of Libya, Cape Verde, and Gabon. The European Union is growing and absorbing other nations, any way to put a stop to this international Jewish cabal?

Turn it into a fascist state.

There doesn't seem to even be fascism in this mod, but the Populist rebels have a fasces icon, so I take it that the populists are the new fascists in the mod.

Yes, that's right. After they are populist the country will take a decision to expel non-whites.

Look at this shit, I can't stop it… At least not yet. I need my nigger army prepared.

Didn't the guy update the mod so the UK wasn't in the EU? Or is the EU absorbing countries a different mechanic?

No.

bumpu

You most likely figured this out already but just tell your ships to go back to earth. Also if you're not going to use them for awhile then I recommend that you build a PDC with 100 or so hanger decks to store all your inactive ships.

Even if the Poles did commit genocide against the Germans it's not like it wouldn't be deserved tbh.

I've been trying out this mod. I like that it puts at least some balance on Germany so I don't have 300 fucking divisions built before invading Poland like in WiF2.

So I heard M&M is retarded. Satanists are completely broken, the whole known world is a member of a secret society, everything except the Satanist is unfinished, bland or both, and you can't become a secret heretic.

I gotta say that I'm not surprised. I knew it was going to be an ebin meme DLC about edgy black magic.

Not even going to play the vanilla for it. I'm just waiting for geheimnisnacht to use the mechanic for the chaos cults and the like

All the Societies are pretty broken. You'll quickly get basically all of the Virtues and end up a super character liked by everyone if you join the monastic order. The Hermetic society is probably the most balanced since all it seems to do is massively boost your learning (you'll probably die with a stat of 40).

G-d's chosen society mod when?

IIRC jewish society is already included

Shit now I need to torrent this.

Tried it out myself

Kind of sucks since it makes it so Germany can't start WW2 or East Front earlier than normal because they have to wait for scripted manpower gain every year. If you attack the Soviets a year early you'll be missing at least 1.2k manpower.

Germany gets WAY too much. It's actually kind of comical that they'll be out of manpower the whole game. Rest of nations also get too much, considering it looks like most units had a cost decrease.

MEC are really OP here. Along with the IC surplus there is basically no reason not to just spam them as soon as they unlock, along with MAR/MTN for bad terrain. But unlocking MEC/ARM is heavily scripted so that only Germany gets it earlier while everyone else has to wait.

Also seems to be a huge resource surplus everywhere. DH had way too little oil, but TRP has way too much, Germany can mechanize most of its army and still run for years before running out.

On all levels except physical, he is a horse.

It’d be fucking great if Vicky II (either NWO or a mod from the regular timeframe) had a mechanic where you could spend time and money raising support for a separatist group in another country until they have enough power to–on the day that you declare war on that country for your own goals–they also declare their independence.

I say this because your image looks like Malta allied with Algeria to support Cyrenaican rebels, who declared independence from Libya on the day you two invaded. But obviously nothing that CLEAN or ORGANIZED actually happened.

I never had any choice but to become autistic, didn't I? I probably played this when I was like 5 years old.

8ch.net/v/res/12096848.html

I actually run out of oil in my campaign. But it was mostly because I used a lot of TAC and CAS and they need a lot of oil + I conquered Baku pretty late (autumn '42).

How early? I attacked them on 21st of June '41 and I didn't have troubles with manpower (on 21/6/41 I had 800k manpower. Once I got to 500k I stopped making new units and just used it on replacements. I prefer the old manpower system from Hoi 2.

Also yeah its true that mechanized and generally hard units are overpowered.

What plan did you just after invading USSR? I chosed full occupation and it was pain the ass conquering the whole of russia.

Imho its still the best WW2 mod for DH. World in Flames is absolutely retarded with bonuses for soviets and other mods are either dead or were never properly finished.

YOU HAD ONE JOB PARADOX.

I went full IC-spam early game and had around 600-650 effective IC by 1939, which gave some pretty huge oil gains. Since divisions produce so cheaply and quickly (and because upgrades are so expensive and later tech units so much more powerful), it works to build an army late and I only produces a single round of infantry and MEC before invading Poland.

By early 1940 I was already out of manpower entirely until I got the 1940 event for 1200 manpower. DoWed Soviets soon after but was out of manpower again by early 1941 (though I was already winning heavily and just deleted some old INF to make room for more MEC). It was really dumb to DoW early though because manpower gains lagged behind the actual war requirements. Went full occupation obviously.

Good mod but I'm not sure I really prefer it over vanilla. Just spamming MEC is pretty silly when that's the exact opposite of what really happened. Germany was a manpower-heavy industry-light country for a large amount of the war. Granted Vanilla has the reverse problem of spamming INF but that's fairly realistic.

Did you use a mod for that? Which one?

Yeah. Figured it out. Next thing I'm trying to find out is how to move my infrastructure from Earth to the moon. Aurora wiki isn't all that helpful. I mean it was helpful for getting started and for big general things.

Nevermind. Figured that one out too.

This pisses me off, why AI in darkest hours never stops producing fucking units? Its ridiculous.

Once i had almost 40 british divisions in egypt in fucking 1942
Shit is ridiculous

I expanded in Africa more and the game got corrupted, GG.

While I'm here, I propose we gas Paradox Interactive HQ with the strongest concentration of Zyklon B available.

Have at least three and just cycle through them, always overwriting the oldest one.

Any idea how to make immigration illegal on Vicky 2 NWO? The Populists won but I still can't make it illegal to come in. Last time I expanded, the poo loos and niggers were coming here in the thousands. Malta was only like 23% Maltese.

Why do people hate HPM? Adds flavor to the game and my all time favorite CB, dismantle empire. That shit alone is worth it.

Are there any modders in here? I'm messing around with the new CK2 DLC but testing in-game only to have things crash without a report is too difficult and time consuming to solve - is there a program out there that can test all the game files and find errors so I can fix them?

What's the point on elections if I can immediately choose the ruling party?

oy

I got the foreskin of Jesus Christ.

Just be thankful that Paradox let's you choose instead of making it random. Random elections might force you to adapt to whatever the outcome is, but there should still be mechanics for influencing it at least a little.

This has to be some devs in-joke.

is there a way to annex your satellites peacefully in victoria 2? As italy, I released lucca as a satellite, because infamy was getting bit too high to be comfortable, but then I realised I have no clue how to annex it eventually back to my glorious nation. did I fuck up?

What happens if you rename the place?
Anyway this is for the reddit audience.

Wales was released later.
Cornwall is independent.
Gloucestershire is owned by Sicily.
Wessex is owned by Savoy.
I did this as Switzerland.

Looks like a typical EUIII AI Britain if Scotland doesn't form Great Britain and blob out of control.

nvm, later lucca begged to be part of me again. Also, got an event that gave me core in one of the provinces in egyptian desert. nice

You're right. In hindsight it's really lame, sorry.

Here's something a little better.
I made a Jewish Patrician who is also a Satanist.

I-I might not make it to the 19th century alive

I see you're aiming for a realistic venice, good job user.

post screenshots

There has been an event for republics where your family member marries a west african from Mali for years now.
Also you still always rule for life which makes no sense for other republics.

Whatever do you want them for?

I tried to play as Hermetic, I couldn't believe it when the ingredient decision was revealed to be completely useless. They do nothing but take up space in your inventory. Literally nothing. You can't craft potions and experiment in your lab as was advertised.

It's just meme Satanist bullshit.

Also the death chess event can go fuck itself.

I'm turning off all this supernatural fucking horseshit next time.

any help with making these run on linux?

Don't bother, I managed to get V2 running but it crashes after sometime and it seems that some of HPMs files can not be read causing it to crash. If you really want to try it out
appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=application&sTitle=Browse Applications&sOrderBy=appName&bAscending=true

thanks user.

Figures. Somebody wanted to do Medieval Satanism and they slapped on a bunch of other stuff so the DLC looks like its worth the price I bet.

The game is just trolling me now.

In a way I'm glad because screw having to play as liberals with no tariffs. Still it doesn't make sense though.

If I remember correctly then it depends on the goverment type to be allowed to change, also doesn't it affect the voters one way or another for example that they can oppose the current political party? I also think switching can affect people's opinon on that party if you pass certain reforms etc

Wew lads here we go

Do you control your allies or not?
Pic related is the number of only german division when I started Barbarossa.

This is significantly more difficult than it is in vanilla, mainly because my organization seems to deplete very quickly and take longer to replenish. I really should have built a few dozen more infantry divisions before doing this as well. If I can pull off encirclements in Belarus and Latvia it should become much easier though.

I took control of Romania, Hungary, and Bulgaria after taking that screenshot. I also brought in another 18 divisions from France to reinforce the Baltics after building some Garrison divisions to replace them.

epin :—DDD x—DDDD

Those fucking division numbers are ridiculous
Irl only 153 german divisions took part in barbarossa

Also in my TRP campaign i managed to defeat CCCP with only around 160 division
I encircled around 50 enemy divisions in the ukraine and abused paratroopers to kill escaping stacks of enemy

I have to admit that M&M is pretty good, all things considered. It allows for a much more small-time game and keeps you busy even on a simple count level. Or you can just ignore it and for once actually not miss out.

Nigger???

I have enough with France and my colonies

Why didn't you attack through Ukraine? Terrain there is more suited for mechanized warfare than in the north. I usually attack with 3/4 of my armored forces through ukraine and cut off moldova. Doesn't matter if its vanilla or mod it always works. Also do you use air force? I wouldn't be able to advance without heavy use of TAC and CAS bombers.

You're already starting to lose oil but you have a good stockpile, you should take your armoured divisions down to Azerbaijan if you can spare them.

I'm trying to westernize as Afghanistan.
I took my core from Bukarat and puppeted them.
I've been fully investing in administration and partly in education, should I just ignore administration? It seems to only affect crime fighting organization. Does it help to westernize, or should I just ignore administration and invest fully in education?

Administration does not matter for westernization except that it speeds up pop promotion and demotion so you'll have more clergymen faster. Education should still be your priority however.

Thanks.

HoI4 is the gift that keeps on giving.

Take it up with Paradox, I just wanted to turn a shitty little nation fascist and conquer the world.

They probably put the hammer & sickle simply to piss people off, as they always do; basically the same principle as t*rkroaches in EU4, a mere annoyance to fuck over people with ideologies opposing their swedish cuckoldry.

Your constant refusal to spell out "Turk" makes me unreasonable angry.

Y'know, that word's a pretty bad insult in some places, I don't wanna upset the wrong people.

Nobody cares about third world shitholes like the Balkan countries though.

t*rk

Post your colonies.

ţ.üŗčķ

Holy shit I had heard that vic2 has brutal revolts, but I had no idea. Almost every province in italy is covered in rebel stacks.
In other news, jacobin rebels enforced their demands on austria-hungary, which changed into danubian federation. what is danubian federation anyway?

Here they are
I'm currently planning on fighting the kebab. However they are allied with Russia and Tunis (which occupies most of North Africa now). The plan is declaring war on both Russia and Tunis separately, rushing their capital and force them to break relations with the Ottomans. Then after the truce is done I can focus my efforts in liberating the Balkans

Doesn't EU4 have a thing where you can only declare war on a country once every 31 days?

This is true beauty

Waiting a month isn't really an issue, but even then I managed to force the Ottomans to cancel their alliances

Nah. They're just a bunch of lazy faggots who can't be bothered with making more than one portrait for a nation.

For some reason Belgium has troops traveling my lands.
I'm not allied with them, granting them access, or at war with them.
How does that work? I'm playing as uncivilized Afghanistan in Vic2.

I'd post a screenshot but the screenshots aren't showing up in the screenshot folder.

They concluded a war with someone else, they can now travel through anyone's lands until they pass onto a province owned by themselves or by someone granting them military access.

So they're probably going to walk back to Belgium.
That's actually kind of funny.

The AI has a lot of trouble with ships, I'm sure it'll always pick a land route when it can.

Honestly I kinda think they should have just done a Civ type thing where troops can move on water and switch to a boat graphic. Yeah, shitty lack of simulation and all, but at least the AI would handle overseas stuff better, America could realistically intervene in Europe, etc.

They did that in HoI4

Did you get them running?

Please no. This is literally "casualise the game rather than fix our mechanics" approach

What grand strategy game allows me to commit genocide over the native population and move in my own people?

Victoria 2 mods let you remove the undesirables. Other than that though, I think you have to imagine that's what you're doing. For example, with EU4 culture change is a targeted decision, so you can pretend that's what you're doing.
Sci-fi wise, Distant worlds lets you do exactly what you want. Your empire classifies aliens into 2 groups:
1. Aliens that are similar to you (humanoids if you're human)
2. Aliens that are completely different from you (everything else)
You can set these policies for both of these groups:
Assimilate
Do Not Accept(basically stops immigration)
Resettle
Enslave
Exterminate
What I usually do is resettle humanoids into designated planetary ghettos and enslave the other races. Once war breaks out from other Empires trying to liberate my slaves, or if the slaves rebel, I change the policy to extermination.

What's wrong with Albania? Their flag is really cool.

Can you have slave armies as glorious cannon fodder?

You can create armies from enslaved races, and each race has their own stats, but they'll cost as much as any other army. You can definitely fling them at heavily defended planets to soften them up.

Albanians are fuel.

You know damn well Frontier lacks the competence to fix the AI, I'd rather we had a way to get the AI working with overseas fights (eg, by letting land units go on water) than AI being unable to effectively wage overseas wars.

*Paradox

I got my jewish DLCgrubbers mixed up.

Muh Persian Empire, just won a war against ottos. Feeling great. Gottta clean up arabia, them for the rest of the game ill be expanding into india and warring ottos until I have surpassed Cyrus

New Thread