Why are most new atheist so extremely punchable and dumb?

They give atheism a very bad name. I know a whole bunch of religious people in Europe who are economically more woke than some US atheists.
Why are they this fucked up?

Because internet atheism and internet libertarianism go together often.

Because it consists almost exclusively of psuedointellectuals who think the height of intelligence is denying religion.

No theory.

They start thinking of religion as some sort of Great Satan of society and spiral downwards from there. They start dabbling in right-libertarianism and reactionary ideology, maybe try to badly imitate old debunked enlightenment ideologies if they don't go full idealist with humanism and individualism, etc.

They aren't tho
Do something about your anal pain

so i think its a very anglo-style ideological illness, where they hate organized religioon mainly becuase they hate its collectivism, and become extreme individualists out of edgyness.
collectivism is a basic leftist value and leftists used to own atheism, we should shame these retards into acceptance tbh.

Marx, 1842

American culture regards violence very very highly, and so, edgelords are born.

it did disappear in fact, with its diminishing earthly political power so the christianity of today is very different from the christianity marx was concerned about. religion however still has its psychological power in the West. what is most surprising to me is that oftentimes, Catholics and some protestants prove to be more trustworthy allies of Marxism in certain areas of the globe than Hitchens's "dar enlightenment" for example.

Because new atheists are typically leftists and degenerates.

u wot m8

Æpin

i was talking about the late chris hitchens, m8, google him, peter hitchens does not even worth mentioning tbh.

A degenerated trotskyite who gained fame by arguing that the earth is older than 5000 years.

Wow.. such worth of mentioning.

at least he wasn't a bootlicker of Qaddafi or Hussein like Chomsky acolytes were, who believed the end all and be all of everything is American imperialism.

Yeah western intervention sure is the ticket! MENA is so much better off!

It's quite telling when the only good things that can be said about someone are what they aren't.

Because New Atheism is philosophy on easy mode.

Creationists basically don't do anything but shit themselves in public, and then fedora-tippers get all euphoric when you're able to point to them and say "they've got shit in their pants and I'M RATIONAL AND SMART AND MY PANTS ARE SHITLESS".

You don't have to like either of them to oppose the invasion of their countries.

Thanks for ISIS, Hitchens.

Yes, let's blame the West for creating ISIS, the moral and intellectual nihilism of Sunni Islam wasn't at fault here!

chris hitchens started off as a weak trotskyite from english upper class, and ended as an illogical disaster, a walking cognitive dissonance kicking off a wave of idiots who used atheism to justify imperialism.
he was so bad that george galloways looked like lenin when debating him, and galloway is a complete twat otherwise.
so i only mentioned chris hitchens as one of the root causes of the intellectual decay that is the alt-right.

And the US's alliance with the biggest proponent of fundamentalist Islam has nothing to do with the spread of the ideology. Also the power vacuum that the US created in Iraq had absolutely no hand in helping ISIS. There are no material forces causing these conflicts. It's all just religions fault.

The rise of Islamic fundamentalism was a predictable consequence of US intervention in Iraq and Libya. "Morality" does not create the conditions for civil war or an exploitable power vacuum. The destruction of established governments does. This was known in advance.

I guess muslims just need a fascist strong man to rule over them…

It's muslim nature..

The same scenario can be applied to almost any country where the government collapses and multiple factions are trying to take power. Don't try to weasel out of this by making this about race or ethnicity.

Yeah it's that darn Sunni fundamentalism's fault for imprisoning former al Qaeda members together. It even forced the US to supply them with weapons and other material support. Let's not forget how that nefarious Islam forced the US to impose absolutely no sanctions on ISIS's oil sales which were absolutely essential for the continued existence of ISIS.

Fucking Sunni Islam smh

Why did so many Trotskyites become neoconservatives?

That's why we need strong men to rule us, human nature can't deal with anarchy and will only spawn ISIS and al-queda.

Praise Saddam.

The conditions in Iraq and Libya meant that a power vacuum would be exploited by Islamic fundamentalists. This is not a claim concerning some eternal "nature" of Muslims, it is a claim concerning a period of history in Iraq and Libya. Before the invasion of Iraq, US intelligence agencies acknowledged that the destruction of these administrations would be exploited by Islamic fundamentalists. They were and this produced ISIS. If you oppose Islamic fundamentalism, you ought not to advocate policies that result in its spread.

Disgusting

Because most of them are americans. And religion in america is extremely important.
Being an atheist in most european countries is not seen as a big deal.
The elected prime minister of my country is an atheist, nobody gives a shit. Would an atheist be elected president of the USA?
So if you're an atheist in USA you have the need to be edgy and say mean things towards religious people, in order to separte yourself from them.
I don't know, maybe i'm completely wrong, but it's how i see it.

I think I recall a study saying a woman, a homosexual, and a Muslim are all preferred over an atheist to be president of the US.

TheAmazingAtheist was pro-Bernie though and was promoting him in his videos during the primaries. He got over his libertardian phase long ago.

Non-communist/leftist atheists are fucking despicable human beings that belong in a mass grave.

Then we should find the meanest and edgiest atheists of all in place like Afghanistan and Arabia.

amos yee is pretty edgy but he's 18 so it is to be expected. In these countries you would have to have no instinct of self preservation to openly be an atheist.

You mean like these two guys?

And this is why "edgy atheists are there because of religious repression" is a meme.

Ayaan Hirshi Ali is the least edgiest person possible.

yeah, fam, they have just elected the first one
that is what the MSM and academia made me believe, yet look at the 2016 campaign. positive religious identity played no role whatsoever