Good practice, bad practice thread?

Good practice - remixing old music in the sequel.
Bad practice - Introducing shitty new music, ignoring the masterpieces of old.

Good practice - raping your sister
Bad practice - raping your dog

Good practice - having multiple choices.
Bad practice - your choices don't matter.

Good practice - concise open-ended level design
Bad practice - open world

good practice - having multiple difficulty modes
bad practice - having to beat the game every time you want to unlock a higher difficulty

What if your sister is asking you to help rape your dog?

Good practice - Creating a thread to discuss relevant, important, and meaningful ideas about videogames on a videogames board.

Bad practice - Forcing all posters to use an awkward, archaic, or plain wierd format to express their ideas in.

Good practice: multiple DLCs in one bundle less than $20
Bad proactive: single DLCs for $1

Fuck you, faggot. You are the reason lazy rushed shit is the standart now.

You'd have a point if you meant "remake" instead of sequel, but even then, the occasional new song is welcome if it fits with the rest of the tracks ("G's Roar" for example wasn't present in WA PS1, but is a more than welcome boss theme for the golems in the PS2 remake). For sequels, I mostly expect new tracks, outside of maybe cameo themes for recurring characters, or a series main theme, if there is one.

I'd rather no DLC in general and game ships with as much as it's going to come with, but barring that, DLC ought to actually be worth the money. I'd take Genroku Legends (Muramasa DLC adding four new playable characters, twelve new boss fights, story arcs of three chapters for each new character, and all new music) for $15 any day over other games wanting you to drop money on new outfits (that prior games would have included in the game you fucking purchased) at $4-6 per outfit per character.

Horse Armor was a blight to the industry from a consumer standpoint.

Good practice - Improving the original formula's strengths and trying to find a more solid direction for the series
Bad practice - Dumbing down the original formula to reach a wider audience

you're wrong, it's more giving respect and acknowledging the older stuff as the standard to which they needed to live up to, this is why the castlevania series did so well up to a point then they went "we only need to make sotn clones" and fucked it all up

This is one of the reasons why Bravely Second was bad.

Good practice - status effects are actually useful, if not necessary, and work on bosses

Bad practice - FF-style status effects

Fucking Phantasy Star. Goddamn that shit makes me moist.

OP, you reminded me of the ass trombones played by sad clowns in Resident Evil: Director's Cut - Greatest Hits

Good practice: Story is used as a complement of gameplay and use to better set the atmosphere of the game
Bad practice: Gameplay is used as a complement to tell a story, like a interactive movie or book.

Good practice - bringing back classic characters for a modern game
Bad practice - bringing back classic characters and remake their personality to the point it's a different character

If you're talking about Extra Rin she is literally a completely different person though.

Oh wait never mind I never even bothered to click the image and I though that was Rin from the thumbnail. I'm a moron.

Mah Nigga

Having "Unbeatable" bosses or situations can be overcome with enough planning/skill

Having fights that you have to lose.

God damn it, I forgot how dank those digimon games were. Is next order released in the west or do I need to charge my vita and get a english patch?
In b4 English never ever.

Next 0rder is out on psquad and is Digimon world 1, but updated for modern times with a hell of a lot of fixes in making the game not shit.

The vita version is no longer anything like the ps4 version because it was overhauled and added a shitload of digimon from Cyber Sluts as well as meicoomon and Meicrackmon from Digimon tri.

Fuck, so if I pirate the vita version it will be a fundamentally different game or is it similar to Kingdom hearts 2 / Kingdom Hearts 2.8 final mix: Re coded?

Yeah, I mean the BASE game is the same, but they managed to fix a bunch of glitches and such from the vita version and crisp up the graphics.

Fuck, it's been a while since I had to think about this kind of problem. Feels cozy in a weird way.

lmao2twos!

This is one of the few times I'd actually advise buying the game.

The digimon series is being geared to the core audience and not giving any shits about the "all inclusive" shit since it doesn't work without turning your franchise to shit.

Instead, T+A for days.

Backwards compatibility.
This shit made early-run wiis that could also play gamecube the best fucking console that gen.

Incomplete backwards compatibility.
I'm looking at you, Xbox 360, I still want to fucking play Gladius but I can't because there's no original Xbox emulator, and the guy who gave me his original Xbox stole it when he skipped town.

I was about to call you out on that shit but it really was. You either got a pstripple and a wii or a red ring machine and a wii. It also helped that the wii was hacked fairly early on.

If you feel the need to constrain yourself to the OP format then it's your fault alone.

I just want expansion packs to come back. It's essentially what you said anyway: A reasonably priced bundle of quality content. Unfortunately those are quite uncommon these days.

Good Practice: Getting new music for cheap to help keep down costs.

Bad Practice: Remixing old music, requiring paying both the artists that made the new music, and royalties to the owners of the old music, and passing that cost onto consumers.

You have no idea how things work, OP.

Good practice - Outgrowing video games and dedicating yourself to strengthening your race and nation
Bad practice - Playing video games and doing nothing to stop the genocide of your people at the hands of immigrants

So close to quads. But you failed.

Leftycucks are not even trying anymore.

PSO2 does so much right.

Good Idea:Posting best gen 1 grill
Bad idea: Not posting best grill

Talking about pokemon

what a qt

Gym trainer Sabrina > TR Sabrina > a literal slut > NuSabrina
Prove me wrong.

(Save for the "shitty" part), how is this bad?