Fighting Game General: When the 90's poverty will make a comeback edition

New colab with Arc System Works. Costumes from Guilty Gear and Blazblue announced for the cast.

During a Chinese E-Sports Twitch stream, a new character named Wagui was revealed and the title of the game changed to Yatagarasu (in Chinese): Enter the Eastward.: clips.twitch.tv/vjgamerhk/FaithfulGrouseItsBoshytime

The game will be released on 05/16/2017. New story trailer confirming Cyborg was released: youtube.com/watch?v=XTeb6WLGIl8
Darkseid is preorder exclusive at release. PowerGirl, Zoom and John Stewart are special skins available on some pre-order bundles.

3 or 4 New Characters teased for the game. 2 new free stages and 5 new DLC costumes were also announced. More information in March.
Arcade version coming to the new NESiCAxLive2 system. KOFXIII, 98UMFE and 2002UM on Steam are all based on their arcade versions

The game will be released on June, 1st. Eliza confirmed as a preorder exclusive character.
Eddy Gordo was leaked at a brazilian press event with Harada.
Tekken Revolution to cease support in March 2017.

CPT 2017 detailed: capcomprotour.com/capcom-pro-tour-2017-details/
Kolin will be released on February 28th.

New DLC update announced for arcade, console and PC.
There'll be a retail version of the game compatible with the ones who update their normal game with the DLC.

New character teased: twitter.com/KillerInstinct/status/834121307448958977

Ironman, Captain Marvel(Carol Danvers), Captain America, X, Ryu and Morrigan have been confirmed for Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite. It won't feature assists but tag ins are available at all times. The system will revolve around choosing from one of the Infinity Gems to customize your team, each having a different effect.

EVO 2017 will feature 9 games: Blazblue CF, GuiltyGear Xrd Rev2, Injustice2, KOFXIV, SFV, Melee, Smash Bros. WiiU, Tekken7 and UMvC3.

Crowdfunding for Unholy Nights to get a physical copy of the SNES fighting game by former SNK devs is up: kickstarter.com/projects/1251527936/unholy-night-snes-fighting-game-console-cartridge
The brazilian fighting game project, TRAF: Trajes Fatais also has a crowdfunding campaing: trajesfatais.com.br/catarse/

Download and register for Fightcade here: fightcade.com/
Get the full rompack over here: mega.nz/#F!EoJjwSLB!Tukuk9bZAa7YXXxKNVHorw

Website with mods: w11.zetaboards.com/SFxT_Mods/topic/11497627/1/

Steam group: steamcommunity.com/groups/fightans

>>>/fighters/

For most fightan in general:
wiki.shoryuken.com/
dustloop.com/wiki/
wiki.mizuumi.net/

For fundamentals in ST (still applies to other games):
youtube.com/watch?v=d0cFs5mHQC4&list=PL6702E3DD763555D9

Maj's footsie guide:
sonichurricane.com/?page_id=1702

The Beginner's Incomplete guide to KOF (please watch this if you want to get into KOFXIV):
youtube.com/watch?v=Ye3KVgI1LvU
dreamcancel.com/how-to-play/
KOF Shortcuts/Sequential Buffering: dreamcancel.com/forum/index.php?topic=168.0
KOF XIV Combo & Tech: youtube.com/playlist?list=PLYOYeNKeV7TsbPWCQo03--oA7iB5KYpNg

Guilty Gear Crash Course: youtube.com/playlist?list=PLj34EySs1IeZ8GpjKW8R2T6dzI6B3GSuH
Airdash Academy: youtube.com/watch?v=HWfk3tOJjaQ&list=PLj34EySs1IeaAqwsVY_P43mP13AD1Pp3R

The Complete Killer Instinct Guide by Infil: ki.infil.net/characters.html

>Previous thread: archive.is/NUW8U
>The threads before: archive.is/h2QYb archive.is/sYPf4 archive.is/MdAyd archive.is/5Byh4

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fK02KL7Lspo
clips.twitch.tv/RespectfulCarefulWeaselJKanStyle
twitter.com/MikeZSez/status/754488221023731712
gematsu.com/2017/02/guilty-gear-xrd-rev-2-launches-may-25-japan
youtube.com/watch?v=MWzRyMOH2tY
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=861031815
twitter.com/INFILTRATION85/status/836791089365311488
twitter.com/KillerInstinct/status/837335735258656768
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iron_Eyes_Cody
virtuafighter.com/threads/vf4-final-tuned-online-demul-0-57.20172/.
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Post your mains

Thread question: How do you solve having a character crisis in a fighting game?

STOP CREATING THREADS FOR NOTHING, GODDAMIT

So far, only Nyotengu/Dizzy, Momoka/Elphet, Kasumi/Noel and Htomi/Tsubaki were revealed.

What type of crisis? Can't choose a main? Can't git gud with your character?

???????

What is a good fighting game on PC that is not street fighter 5 or guilty gear

Arcana Heart 3 Love Max

both really. I've been playing AC+R and I feel as though I can't find a character to stick to, mostly for my own picky reasons.
Maybe I'm just too picky.

anything less weeby?

KoF 98 UM
Kof 02 UM
KoF XIII
Yatagarasu Attack on Cataclysm
Nitroplus Blasterz
Under Night In-Birth
Melty Blood
Blade Arcus from Shining: Battle Arena

So you don't want simple execution characters, but you also don't want to practice execution. You can't have both, so just sit your ass down in training mode and practice, dustloops aren't even that hard.

If you don't mind having to work a little to play online (steamgroups, discord, etc.), KOF'98UMFE, KOF2002UM, KOFXIII, Garou beware of DotEmu but at least it has rollback netcode and movelist but you're better stick to the fightcade version unless you want to show support for a sequel by SNK in the future., Skullgirls and MKXL to an extend (great online and content but arguable developers and mechanics). Or simply the tons of old games on fightcade.

Well, I'm not really into GG barely played Xrd-SIGN- and didn't like some things like guts, hellfire and especially danger time. Maybe I'll get Rev2 in a sale but considering what you said, maybe try a little more with Baiken since you had fun with her. Read the wikis, search for tournament videos and tech, that stuff.

Maybe Christie will get I-no

Nice try, inflationist.

Seeing that they never use it again, it's sure to assume that SNK received a lot of hate for that right?
Also, I loved the scenarios in 97

Try 2001 just to be certain. But it could've worked with a more polish. Seth and Dong Wang are really broken compared to others. Other than that. I wish Chang, Xanadu and other big slow guys had Armor mode in XIV. Or at least the Advanced groove buffs when he activates MAX mode.
But I love '99/2000 stages and music.

Her theme is the only reason I want Chizuru back in XIV.
youtube.com/watch?v=fK02KL7Lspo

She's one of my guesses for the DLC if they don't count as canon entries like KoF XIII's DLC;
Chizuru, Whip or Kasumi as the crouching character on the left.
Rock, Blue Mary or Vanessa in the back middle.
Yamazaki or Brian on the right
and Shingo in the center for that extra set of legs.

wew, lad.

Do you not like GG or are you tired of it? Because if you don't like GG, I can't recommend Melty Blood. I assume you also want an online community, which means no ABK. KoF 2k2UM is a lot of fun.

The extra set of legs in the middle has to be Vanessa, there aren't many who stand like that. Rock or Blue Mary are good guesses for the back, though. I'm really thinking it's Whip in the kneeling position, it looks like her coat overlapping her pants which are a bit baggy. And you must be crazy if you can't see Yamazaki hunched over with his hand in his pocket.

I don't like guilty gear. I'm a fighting game newfag, and that game just seemed too indepth and confusing for me.

Xrd's got one of the most extensive tutorials around, but if you still feel like it's too much you might want to give UNIEL a try if you can deal with full-screen normals.

believe me, Xrd's tutorial is what convinced me that game wasn't for me. Not hating on it, it just seems much too complex and too many things to keep track of, definitely more in depth that SF, which I suppose is good for fightan veterans, but I think I need a better starting point. so I got MKXL

Ah, that's a shame. I'm in the same boat as you, but I find the depth reassuring (although tomorrow will be my first time playing against real human opponents since picking the game up a few weeks ago). The way I approached it, any fighting game is going to be too complicated to me to adequately comprehend, since the concept of neutral is a blur to me anyway. I can't find much meaningful differences between SFIV footsies I watched seven years ago and SFV footsies I watch now, even though I know they must be there.

At least with Guilty Gear, I have the anime (pic related) as fuck aesthetics, rock and roll OST, and endearing lore to keep me going while I figure things out - does that not resonate with you as much?

If you don't mind talking about it, how did you select GG in the first place as an entry point? I looked up some tournament footage on a whim after watching the first part of The Street Fighter's Guide to Guilty Gear, and the sense of motion hooked me. The thorough tutorials were icing.

Skullgirls 2nd Encore

The lobbying works, I see.

I picked up GG because I already owned SFIV and had some fun with it, though never really got gud or learned much. I was almost hyped for SFV but reading these threads I saw the problems you guys were complaining about and stayed away. I asked for recommendations and GG Xrd came up a lot, so I tried it out.

When I went through that tutorial, I knew I was in over my head.

I've considered skullgirls, but honestly I'm not interested in a 3v3 fighter. I much prefer 1v1 style. I know you can play SG in 1v1 but that's not the most popular mode.

Just the basic tutorial with Jack-O and the minions or the more advanced stuff in the dojo? I found the tutorial a bit overwhelming as well, but given that I'd never played a fighting game before I was able to brush it off. After playing through Episode mode with each character, I feel more confident in the game's mechanics and I'm looking forward to facing other people.

I just noticed I only have 1 female main, and it's a a fighting game lite

Play what's fun. If you like Baiken, play Baiken and get wrecked until you stop getting wrecked. It's simple shit.

Alright, can one of you guys answer some shit?

Why is this middling quasi-spanish frenchman motherfucker overpowered in 4? He's just fun to play what with his counter style and basic combos, but apparently a dude I was playing against said he was "S-Tier" and "Banned" when this idiot was spamming shit with Astaroth of all characters.

I don't see how he's overpowered, in fact his game is rather average and a lot of his attacks are unsafe on block.

Well, the game can allow 1v1, but the true heart of the game is in teams versus teams battle.
If you don't like that, you'll never like Skullgirls.

I thought that was Alucard looking at the thumbnail

Which is a goddam shame since I actually prefer playing solos and what got me into the game was the promise of being able to play a single character despite it being teams. They do balance out health and damage but I haven't been able to overcome the problem of going against teams aside from "don't get hit" "know how to block everything perfectly".

Because he can dodge most attacks mid combo. I use Raphael to demolish a friend of mine who spams Nightmare rushing your face which is harder to deal with than I imagined. Or I just suck. Anyway, he has a move where he leans back and that's just out of H range for your opponents whilst you can come back and keep hitting them. Haven't played in years but I'm not surprised if he's top-tier because he can avoid a few moves. If you block appropriately, you can punish him but isn't he one of the characters that also gets a really easy input for a low poke? You can bait the enemy into a high block and poke low to get some damage and then train them to block slow so you can hit high and combo that way.

This is all fuzzy ass pull memory though, so I could be wrong on a few things. He is still fairly speedy in IV, isn't he?

You mean 3v3 at the same time like MvC or even KOF you don't think it's for you? You can try some old stuff like Samurai Shodown, Real Bout(special/2), Garou, ADK, Karnov, Breakers Revenge, HnK, or 3rdStrike.

I heard that after 4 or 5 years, there's still drama over undizzy stuff and it's a pretty reset heavy game. It's not really for everyone.

It's basically what both you and the opponent can/will do when you're both standing/not in any advantage. Every game has it but in some games is not an important phase of the match as others. GG and other animefighters have more aerial movement while Street Fighter is a more "grounded" game, thus more simple to conceive your options. As for the differences between SFIV and V I think are the lack of the Focus, the new v-skill and being more friendly towards jump-in attacks due to hitboxes and lack of invincible moves without meter.

I'm impressed you've picked such a complicated game as GG if you know the fundamentals or at least knows them but don't know the terminology (if the 2nd, then you're fine).

He probably confused him with Hilde and magical Ring Out weapon for some reason. But I don't like IV anyway.

I actually tried Breaker's Revenge for the first time the other day. Shit's great.

Not actually very mobile on walk speed, but he can use moves (>> Vertical) to move forward and advance or his Vertical+Kick Back which dodges backwards and strikes into a throw.

He's great at poking and mixups,but he has no ability to ring out and kill you in the first seconds outside of his vertical throw, which is actually impractical for him because he has to be close when his entire game is from medium range.

And there's this thing called Guard Impact that isn't nerfed to hell like it was in SC5 (which is objectively the worse game) that allows players to fight on eachother's level anyway.

He's easy to get into, but that dodging shit is hard to master. Possibly as much as mastering Setsuna.

The reason my idiot gave is "attack priority" or some shit, when it's practically non-existant in Soul Caliber because full invincibility frames are never in play, it's either high-low,low, or high in regards to vulnerability.

Fuck I miss Soul Caliber, it's madness that they haven't tried another go on it.

My actual main is Nightmare, and by any sort of logic like that he's overpowered because he can ring you out in the first 5 seconds in a match in the hands of a skilled player vs unskilled, because really, that's all it comes down to, being skilled at the game.

It isn't like one touch death in UMVC3 or some shit, and it pisses me off when people blame the characters like DSP.

If he can dodge during combos, adapt and predict. Not trying to be mean, but that's how it is. I just don't like dealing with DSP type players.

I should be clear: I understand what both players want out of neutral, and the concept as a whole makes sense to me. What I can't do is follow both players' actions and see the patterns of movement which allows one or the other to get an opening. I suppose that's simply down to my lack of knowledge of each character and what is/isn't safe, or what gameplay options each character has to work around hitboxes, etc., because I was able to interpret that stuff in melee after I watched it often enough and played a bit.

Thanks, I suppose, although as I said I haven't actually played real people yet, so it would be false to say I know the fundamentals. I can't even do Faust's basic air combo right now.

I've been playing Magic: The Gathering for a few years, so concepts like neutral (board presence), overextending, resources, and the like do make some amount of sense to me, as does general game theory. A few years ago when I cared about the game more I put a lot more mental energy into it and I could feel the strategic acuity which came from that. As much as I like Magic, however, it's an expensive hobby, and ultimately a passive one due to the presence of randomness in the game. It's been kind of frightening playing a game like GG and knowing I'm responsible for all the minutiae and nobody made me lose a given game but myself.

I hope they keep her goofy dance winpose if she somehow makes it back in a game.

Next thing, you'll tell me that breakable mechanic in IV is better than in V, also, instant kills when you guard break someone.

Combos aren't really fundamentals, it's just muscle memory and a way do deal damageStick with shorter combos that you are sure to deal 100% of time even if you're nervous, also, do supers more often but I think meter in GG is for the cancels, so I don't know about the last one.. How to get to the opportunity of giving said damage is more important to a beginner. And that's where "neutral", "footsies", "setup", "meaties", and all that terminology enters.

Also, can you explain to me why that shit happened during Anime Ascension with Chipp x Danger Time?

The engine, the mechanics, the character design… Everything in this game was adjusted to the team-play strategy, the assists and the overall balance. You bring an only 1v1 game, you'll need to rethink entirely about the balance and the mechanics. You play 1v1, you miss assists, alpha-counters, snap backs, double snap. Without talking about the whole strategy around these. Playing solo against teams forces you to take anchor characters. Like Bella, Eliza or Fortune. Valentine is crap in Solo, she doesn't have a good neutral game. Robo is even worse, since she doesn't have any normals. Even Val has some, even if you have to burn your meter to do it.

You'll face the same problem in Guilty Gear. UNIEL and BB are better, since you can tech out of anything, but once you're in the ground in GG, you don't have any choice but to respect or burn the meter. The oki game is too strong for the aggressor to let you answer. But SG's reset game let you entirely return the favor. Put your opponent in a situation of mix. And it's only at Very HiLv matches, when players are forced to kill. In mid-level matches, players will tend to do the longest combo they got and you'll go to neutral. With blood, but you can recover with a punish or a well timed raw tag. Because SG's raw tags are hella safe, compared to what Capcom did in SFxT and MVC3.

Honestly, the only thing I ever wanted in SG is Pair Play. So that the players that really wanted to focus on playing one character could go that way and just find a team-mate.

Alright. I'm done sucking Mike's dick for now. You can go nuts, now.

Varies from character to character but all things equal it's better to use meters for supers rather than RC extensions because RCs flatline your meter gain for eight seconds afterwards.

Chipp tried to Alpha Blade and got hit out of the startup because air Alpha Blade has a 14f startup so of course he fucking did, then he mashed out of the stagger but forgot to block low and got caught by the standard end of combo 2D, which Slayer could convert off of thanks to Danger Time.

I was talking about 1vteam but if your argument is about character viability than that is where SG really fails to deliver on it's promise. Only 5 or so characters on the roster are really solo viable, the rest are clearly designed with team play in mind. Is this a problem? Yes and no I would say. It sucks that characters with mechanics I want to use a lot (robo's heads) are weaker in solos because of their design. While characters that are solid in Solo (bella and Eliza) don't really interest me that strongly. I play Parasoul which is the middle ground between having solid normals/tools while also being fun to play and I'm curious about how well Painwheel would fare solo but I haven't put her in the lab. Beowulf is also an option but fuck me if I decide to pick up a grappler.

What drew me to skullgirls was my time with TvC and thinking "man I really wish I could only play as Polimar" because I tended to not switch off him in matches. Then I get the game and I get what I want, a fighter with variable team sizes and the meta is such that solo really lacks a number of the tools that facilitate the combo structure. Another reason I play Parasoul is because she has a built in reset to help me compensate for this. It probably speaks to how invested I am in SG because I only do so casually and GG+r is my main fighter.

But in GG it's only characters like Testament and Eddie that present anything related to the lockdown you'll find in SG going 1v3. I know this probably isn't true but for the most part I feel like the matchups in GG are fairly even and I can win far more matches with my chosen mains (Zappa, Faust, Anji) than I can in SG just because the field is more balanced and characters are all designed with options in mind.

I think SG has a unique situation because other team based games I've played can have characters that aren't "complete" and that's fine because you're meant to put them in a group. But SG allows for both solo and teams and it shows that not every character is meant to stand on their own. Maybe that's something that could be addressed in a SG2 but I'm not holding my breath for that happening.

Just informing you of where I am in terms of execution. I struggled with one of Axl's basic low-high-low-special move combos when I explored him, too, which was a reality check and a half.

Chipp has no health
Slayer does massive single-hit damage
Danger Time makes all neutral hits mortal counters, which are like regular counterhits but even more gnarly
Chipp fucking dies

My favourite happened recently where Faust and another character clashed after Faust had thrown meteors, and the other guy (Slayer, I think) had to eat the mortal counter meteors because the timer for the meteors apparently runs while Danger Time is counting down.

Please tell me there's a clip of this.

In danger time, every hit is a free counter + RC so Slayer hit Chipp with a big boy unprorated move that let him go into other big boy moves that he normally wouldn't be able to combo into. Combine that with the fact that Chipp has the lowest effective HP in the game, and that combos at full life do more damage compared to when they're at lower life, means that Chipp gets deleted from the game.

The most important thing you should be spending your meter on is FD. Offense is strong in GG, and FD helps you with that. It pushes back opponents and lets you block grounded attacks in the air. It let's you FD brake so you can approach in neutral (and FD cancel moves depending on your character). At lower life it is the only thing preventing a chip out. The reason why you get a shit ton of meter from things like just walking forward is so that you can spend it FDing. If you watch high level players and watch their meter usage, you'll see they are FDing a shit ton compared to RCs/supers. RCs are much more expensive, so you're going to die if you RC a lot for no reason. Generally you only RRC in combos if it's either going to kill or if it guarantees a knockdown/advantage from a stray hit that wouldn't otherwise (and you want/need to keep the momentum). Supers are also used to kill/lock their burst or to get a knockdown/advantage and are generally better since they don't reduce your tension pulse (you will gain a shit ton less meter for the next 7 seconds if you RC). Depending on the character you might YRC a lot, either to help in neutral or oki, or to just make yourself safe. Just keep in mind that RCing at lower tension levels is "riskier" than at higher tension levels. You not only reduce your tension gain, but you also completely empty out your meter, so you'll have much less resources to work with until the tension pulse goes back to normal. However, since RCs (YRCs in particular) are so strong you could potentially swing the match back into your favor when you need to (like when you're on low life and need a comeback).

During the danger time countdown and super animations (like during May's whale super, or Ky's sacred edge) projectiles will keep moving. This means you can setup "unblockables" if the opponent wasn't blocking before the freeze happens (i.e. May throws at K ball and then does the whale super. If the opponent doesn't block before the super animation starts, the get hit by K ball and get comboed by the whale)

clips.twitch.tv/RespectfulCarefulWeaselJKanStyle

It happens twice in the same set. Could you be a darling and webm it?

That's just regular meteors.

this thread is making me realize the little time I have put into Guilty Gear, I need to play it more

posting

Directly after danger time in the same set. It's a novelty if nothing else.

You can't really go wrong with Fightcade. Also if you're okay with using emulators, I can play SC2, TvC on Dolphin or Tekken 5/6 on PPSSPP with you though I heard PPSSPP netcode was pretty shitty

How's Es? I planned on giving her a try if CF makes it to PC in one piece.

It's like they don't enjoy fun.

The worst thing that could happen for SG is having the same situation KOF has. When everyone has everything, but since it's better on certain characters, then we'll play them anyway.
And that's how you end up with Leona, Kula and Robert being in every teams in KoF XIV.

SG's main focus is to find your synergy. Some characters are way better on point, some on middle, some anywhere else. But the most important is that your team synergy is good. Will you use that assist for lockdown? For zoning? For neutral? For reversal? How you'll make your tags? Will you burn meter? Will you wait until your character dies? Etc.

The only reason I play and train SG is that I wanted to play Marvel. Especially Marvel 3. I wanted to team play. Then, I saw that Vanilla was kusoge and Ultimate was even worse than that. I'm european. My local scene had 2 Marvel players that stomped me in 2013. They dropped the game to pick Injustice. I was waiting the PC version of SG to try it, but I was cold on it. I didn't had any character except Val that really pleased me. So, I didn't really trained her and I never played it on my local, except when one of the Marvel players brings it with his PS3. One year like that, until this semen demon on pic related arrived. I wanted to main Iron Man, because I liked how Beams oppress the opponent. How I can be active on its guard, unlike with Peacock, when I never was fond of their zoning patterns. Plus, she doesn't have any neutral beams. Argus is not one.

I wish the game has more characters to dig in, but I also know that it's impossible for them to have as much characters as Capcom can pull off for Marvel or SFxT. I still think that 14 with one clone is not enough. But the potential… It's litterally the results of an orgy between GG, VSav, Marvel pre-3 era and Disney. I don't fucking care about Mike acting like a liberal cuck. I don't care about it being "tumblr-y" or some bullshit. (this is the only thing I know that was attacked by both SJWs and Alt-Right, just like by pro-weebs and anti-weebs) This is, with UNIEL, one of the best recent FGs I've ever played. And I'm not putting GGXrd on this small list, even if it's just behind.

I don't think you're wrong at all. This is GG. Character specialisation and matchups are way, way stronger than tierlists. The matchups are so different from each other, it's really hard to entirely change on mindsets like that. Solo matchups in SG are more simpler, but they are still very decent. Not decent enough to make it a real game. This is why it's a team game. Because your entire team, chars + assists + order, all of this matters in the entire game. Playing against a team with anchor Big Band with Beat Extend is different from playing one with Brass Knuckles. Because I'll know that I'll have safer jumps but worse neutral against Brass and the opposite against Extend.

People should just stop thinking about that. SG doesn't need a sequel. For people's mind, a sequel means entirely new graphic art. Entirely new mechanics. An entirely new era. Just like between Marvel 2 and 3. People want LabZero to do what GGXrd did. They'll never do that, because:
- They don't have the money to do. And unless a giant publisher like EA buys SG and throws tons of money other Mike's mouth, that's never gonna happen.
- If that miracle happens, that publisher will have a veto on everything the team wants to do. Everything. Imagine the publishers pushing the game so that it looks like Marvel 3. Or Infinite.
- They pulled their dicks out and worked 6 months without any salary to make a proper job to SG. The game coasted 3 times less in production than a game like this could have in a normal code environment. Doing a sequel is doing something from scratch. They can't afford that.

What they need to do is something Arc System does every time on GGXX, BB, GGXrd. Hell, that's pretty much the business model of every arcade fighting games: Doing a new version. Dropping new characters, tweeking the mechanics, but staying on the same track as the first one. Just like +R is the last of the XX series. Just like Ultra, Rev 2, BBCF… They need to do a 3rd Encore. And I wish they'll do that right after they'll wrap up Indivisible.

As much as I dislike MikeZ, I'm kinda hoping Arcsys will let him fix AC+R's netcode. I don't have the tweet saying that he'd offer to help fix it though.

I was fine with the GG talk last thread since they really care enough about their deceased series they need to get people interested in it but people trying to discuss stuff in a literal dead game while trying to autismpost paragraphs of info that helps no one is just pathetic.

Are people only allowed to talk about your fighting games of choice?

How the fuck do I take screen shots in Guilty Gear Xrd Revelator

They can talk about whatever I just don't see a point in doing so since the person they're talking to probably won't try to seriously learn the game because of having no one to play with. What is there to gain about talking what could of been or what could be changed about the game when it's never going to have people to play it with like SFV has

Am I darling enough to you, user-kun?

twitter.com/MikeZSez/status/754488221023731712

They clearly do

she's really good..
good range and simple but meaty combos.
her drive can set-up some safe approaches as well.
other than drive usage… and not really even that, she's not complicated to use, and to be honest not hard to learn, just play smart and you're good to go.

Because they can.

Oh, I know it's bad but I still think it's hilarious.

lel, no, I'm not. Because I didn't let the sound.
Fix'd.

Fair enough.

YEAH BRO LETS ALL PLAY CALL OF DUTY. FUCK EVERYTHING THAT ISN'T POPULAR.

BOY I SURE LOVE THIS Holla Forums THING I THINK I'LL STAY HERE.

This is the most cancerous thing I've read in these threads since that one shitposter went rampant with SFV shilling

Because you didn't read the "Makoto is shit" in /fighters/.

Muh dick.

Guess 3D modelling is good for something… WIll KOF14 have side-steps?

Thanks. When Rev2 drops, I might try again and go back to May and her dolphins.

Aren't they doing this since the release? I have the original game and the 2ndEncore+ on my PS3 (well, it was free) and they're almost completely different games. Shame I never put it much work on it, Cerebella is one of the best grapplers I ever saw and Ms.Fortune is cute.

Like in Extra mode? Clark has one as a command move.

Sort of. Some characters benefits from the system more than others but characters like Leona and Robert also has safer special moves, higher damage and things like instant overheads that combos onto anything. And that's not really related to the system and can be fixed on a balance update like Nakoruru and her bird were (for some reason Leona was left unchanged and Kula was actually buffed on the first one). As for the Xanadu, Chang and other characters, besides gaining some buffs like invincibility on some moves and actual good normals, I would like them to get the Advanced groove back so, when they activate MAX mode, their damage is buffed. It's not like they're combo-heavy characters and that should be fine.

Mai is good, but so is Geese and Athena but nobody used them at WCS for some reason.

lol

There is a simple way to make Chang competitive. Bring back armor mode

Good luck with that user.
Protip: Fighting Games are fucking hard, your virgin experience is gonna be pretty overwhelming anyway.

I think I'm asking less for giving characters everything, and more making characters not feel so locked into roles. At the very least every character should have a decent set of normals.

I actually don't play KoF so I'll just assume these people are top tier and have answers for everything.

I guess this is where my brain can't wrap around what it is I want, and what SG delivers. I don't know why characters can't be restricted to their archetypes (grappler, zoner, etc) while also being flexible in what position they can play (point, mid, anchor) and also being "feature complete" which doesn't mean having an answer for everything, but it means not feeling like they are incomplete or very restricted like Double and Valentine can be?

This is where my lack of knowledge oon fighting games comes in. I don't know how to describe the difference between a GG or VSAV character, and how they feel like they aren't lacking anything despite still having restrictions in play style and movesets. And what causes me to gravitate to characters like Parasoul and Fortune for solo play.

It's not like Fortune has a strong projectile zoning game and arguably head-off has become more obsolete as patches have rolled out. Likewise, it's not like Parasouls has super strong Blockbuster attacks, and you'll see her Sniper shot more often than any other one she has as more of a setup tool or way to crumple the opponent for her to pickup.

And yet despite their restrictions, these characters can both be on a team and play solo. The same is true for Peacock and Bella. They are restricted to their archetypes, but they can play both solo and on teams without feeling like they are gimped to the latter.

I'm coming from a different background. I've never been fond of the VS series and mostly played Dark Stalkers and GG.

Can I get a tl;dr on what you mean here?

Use whatever your Steam screenshot key is.

Beautiful. Thanks.

Will we be getting the cat girl in Tekken 7

I heard the lead dev got butthurt that no on liked his kawaii waifu. So he said he was going to make the character an Asia exclusive. I want to know if this is still a thing or he chilled out since then.

Pic somewhat related

gematsu.com/2017/02/guilty-gear-xrd-rev-2-launches-may-25-japan

Armor Mode as a (S)DM is not a bad idea.

Characters that can setup supers with fireballs and/or can do combos by activating MAX mode are usually better in the game than the ones that rely on pokes, grabs or autoguard moves.

The big reason I think is that the the characters can cancel almost all normals and command normals into MAX mode where they have access to EX moves with different properties like extending combos or doing more damage. Everyone can also cancel almost every special move into a super, so things like baiting a fireball for a jump-in from the opponent just for you to cancel at no cost other than the super itself. On the other hand, you earn meter like crazy in this game. Especially while defending.
And that's why I think some system like the Advanced one from older games where you gain 25% damage bonus while in MAX mode(but no cancel activation, just raw) so you can do crazy damage in a game that already had high damage like that video showed.
This is actually why the Extra mode existed for grapplers and other characters like Brian that benefit better from the hop and dodge mechanic and later, got as special/command moves like Shermie in 2002 and Clark in XIII/XIV.

It would be funny if the west get Eddy and Lucky Chloe stays as a Japan thing only. And sad if he's just as shitty as Chloe
But relax, looks like other than the vampire with a tit job that'll be a preorder DLC, everyone will be in the game.

That's faster than expected.

Encore only exists, because Konami fucked them. Here's the video to know the entire story behind SG's creation: (In Russian with English subtitles)
youtube.com/watch?v=MWzRyMOH2tY

let go

Harada said that tweet wasn't serious already. IIRC he said he would replace her with Marduk or something but to my knowledge Marduk isn't even revealed for Tekken 7 yet

HOLY SHIT

for the Japanese version*
I really do wonder what this implies for the steam release in the west. I hope it won't be a separate, region locked release.

I'll never understand how a man can be so astonished and buttblistered that another man likes to see women being exposed.

I don't think anyone would've minded that.

Ok then.

I guess it's time to hurry up and find a main or two.

Guys

I'm getting reports the Famitsu article detailing Rev2's release date never specifically mentions a PC release, but a home release. I have no idea if Gematsu misinterpreted it or got that info elsewhere. But, it seems we can't start celebrating yet.

Hey remember that time we found out the artist draws and sells guro porn during the GG days?

Im always reminded of that when i see these posts because they act high and mighty as some moral gaurdian for these changes, when that exists. Come on anons if were gonna laugh at retards lets show it ALL

You mean Alex Ahad?

The more time you spend supporting Skullgirls, the more you are the cancer killing the industry
t. someone who backed the game and got one of the worst deals of his life

I cant remember was it him or that asian chick who did those comissions? I could have sworn it was one of the artists.

It was the Asian chick. I know she drew a lot of fucked up gore and porn before she became a Professional California Artist, although I believe it was personal stuff as opposed to commissions.

Mariel/Kinuko. Wasn't a secret though. Ahad just did TNA fests.
Both use the same excuse. "It's empowering when I do it!"

Choose one.

He's probably talking about Kinuko.
And yes. Shilling a game in an obscure thread in an obscure imageboard totally makes me a cancer of the INDUSTRY.

Is that you, Chaf?

Alex Ahad has always made guro, it's what he based his entire game around originally. The Asian chick, Kinuko, went back and retroactively removed "offensive" pictures so that her socjus masters could accept her as worthy of her SanFran loft.

It's a matter of principle, not a matter of scale. If you want to play SG, you have every right to do that, but you can't act as though its development and (mis)management are healthy examples for the industry to follow.

WHO THE FUCK ELSE?

Fucking knew it

I don't agree with all the decisions that went into skull girls development. But I'm also not going to pretend like the fighting game industry wasn't already fucked.

I can't think of a single company that hasn't made questionable decisions or even outright fucked the consumer. Especially once paid dlc became a standard. I actually miss arcsystems putting out a new GG every other year.

The asian girl did it, but Ahad is into it, the whole game is based in guro shit, he even named one of the characters after a real murder.

Welcome to Holla Forums?
If this thread can find a single game that can consider to be 9/10, I'll be the first surprised.

Garou: Mark of the Wolves. Just kidding, the true 9/10 will always be One Must Fall 2097.

Like clockwork. This cancer will always be on these threads and he will never leave.

YES. I loved this fucking game. I loved playing Thorn, Pyro and Shredder. It's a shame we might never see a real sequel.

Why am I not fucking surprised?

It just annoys me because for once there was just peaceful discussion and suddenly the "muh censorship" group shows up.

Can't we all just go back to shitting on SFV?

Virtua Fighter 4: Evolution.

YEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Whose down 2 play Pokken with me and a friend

we have a room set up Code is 8ch
also make sure the Opponent is set to anyone
Code is on Use and you'll be fine

Just putting this out there, I don't remember how to play the game at all.

Just how much money is Capcom paying people to suck their dick? This is ridiculous.

More money than it would take to fix their game

Now that's my jam, son. I remember spending my entire junior year summer break learning Goh every day that eventually I was going tow to tow with the tournament winner A.I. they had programmed into the game. Really fun time.

Evolution's Quest Mode was by far the best fighting game mode I've played. Ghosts in other games like Tekken don't nearly come close.

If sega ever ports it to the PC, I hope they add it back in

I was initially more butthurt about what they're doing with MH, but after truly seeing how gimped SFV I hope they go under. Maybe then more people will give other games a chance.

Good times were had until that ninja faggot threw me out of the ring in that fountain stage.

If my potato of a computer runs Xrd at a whopping 20 fps, I assume there's no hope of it running Revelator at an even remotely decent framerate.

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=861031815

I've searched it for you and there's a guide on how to improve the FPS. Well, unless you've already done something similar with the UE3 settings and it's still at 20 fps, then I doubt SIGN to Revelator will bring an improvement.

I recommend using the settings with your Xrd SIGN, then if it runs acceptably feel free to try Revelator out.

I have a similar question as I've been playing vidya on a laptop from 2013 since I got it. I'm too poor for a proper PC. Could I run Revelator fine with this?

At this point I'm sure that's what they're trying to do. The problems with SFV seem so easy to fix yet they aren't even trying.

Read the guide I've linked. That guy has something that is seemingly far worse than your laptop and after the tweaks in his video he seems to be running it at a comfortable 60 fps no problem.

I think you might not even need those unreal engine tweaks and it'll be fine anyway as your stuff is superior to his, but the shadows may have to go if it's not at a stable framerate. Also even if you buy the game and encounter problems after the changes are made (highly unlikely), you can still return it with 2 hours of gameplay I think.

IMHO try it first without tweaks, then with tweaks if it's not 60 FPS. Try out some stages and make changes until all is fine.

Please invest in some kind of cooling solution to help your CPU breath. Have you cleaned the inside of it?

I wonder how much money the SF team has left since they're getting no sales.
booty tho

But yeah take a look at and try it on Sign. Revelator runs better than Sign, so if you're getting slightly below 60 with the tweaks, you should probably be fine with Rev (assuming your computer doesn't catch fire)

Solo Painwheel isn't good, because she lacks any tools to deal with pressure. Solo Beoyiff, on the other hand, is actually kind of okay. He absolutely shits out damage, and can totally fuck up any errant assist calls. Plus, he's a solid character in a scrap, because that was Mike's "fuck it" period, where he just gave him everything. He has a safe jump, armor cancels, can fly around like a rocket. As a peacock player, I may be biased in fearing the wulf, but a solo wulf is truly the stuff of nightmaresfor me.

As far as solos in general go, what you want to learn isn't taught by the in game tutorial. Specifically, two techniques called absolute guard and pushblock guard cancel. The first one makes you immune to mixups for a short time by switching your guard from high to low or vice versa immediately after pushblocking. It's no panacea to getting mixed, but it helps. Guard cancel is just pushblock, and then let go of blocking. If your character flashes green, you'll know you did it right. That allows you to do moves and try to reversal somebody's blockstring. Also, you can snap out your opponents' characters to regain your own red health, and snapping their assist causes assist lockout, if that's what you need. If you play solo, always be on the lookout for a double snap, and have your snap combo down pat. That's an easy way to turn the tide in your favor.

They planned to have ultra go through to 2016 but capcom being capcom couldn't help themselves and released a beta.

At least Namco were smart with Tekken 7, its been in the arcades for almost 2 years and only now will the home version be released.

Makes me wonder if they didn't burn all that Sony dough on hookers n' blow.

Just watched her story. It's literally ONE fight with Guile that happened to walk by.

Actually, I think the update just made the servers even worse, not just the netcode. Getting disconnects extremely frequently especially at really suspect times during matches or before a match can even finish loading.

Just remake the entire servers Capcom.

Right, I can get what you are talking about here.

I've seen the latter while perusing the wiki and thought it was just the full name for pushblocking. Shame on me for not reading. This is also good stuff, I will have to really practice this.

Also, here's what I am thinking in terms of Solo Viability for the roster

Viable: Parasoul, Ms. Fortune, Peacock, Cerebella, Fillia, Fukua, Eliza
Questionably viable(?): Big Band, Beowulf, Squigly, Valentine, Robo-Fortune
Probably not very Viable: Double, Painwheel

As for what I play, I have stuck with Fortune and Parasoul because I have already seen that they are strong solo options. I still want to put in the lab work on Robo and Painwheel because they are mechanically interesting to me and even if I don't commit to a solo option I still play duos so I can just put them there. I really hope there is something I can do with robo because her head mechanic was made for me.

So I finally got around to going to my local GG scene at the university. There were exactly three people, including me, but I was able to play some good games against the other guys. I was clearly outclassed, but I took a round every now and again, and I was having fun the whole time. Now I know what I want to work on, too, since the other Faust player had significantly better combos than I did. I need to work on my reactions, or the way I buffer combos, since I can't really react to hitting someone with 2K with a pogo.

Faust mirrors are dumb, too. You don't know what fear is until both players throw up a meteor.

Faust mirrors aren't the dumbest thing in the game but they're pretty close tbh

I haven't played Xrd yet, but how did they change dragon install? I see it being used much more often here, when it wasn't that special in previous GG titles.

We're off to a great start! This is the game that keeps on fucking up.

(You)

I guess it's safe to say the Kolin patch gave the SFV servers…

KolinCancer

(Get it? Kolin? Colon Cancer? This game is somehow shittier thanks to a patch like the Urien patch?)

It's still not very good, but it's still fun to fuck around with.

For all the people filling out the main charts, do you just put characters for a game you only sometimes/rarely play or have only played a couple of times, cause it feels like I've played 0 games compared to some of you guys.

well, what games do you think you've played enough to have a main in? I wouldn't say you main a character you've only tried once, but rather for characters that you've played enough times to say that they're your main.

I didn't know Geese's counter was this ridiculous.

I haven't felt anything for her other than desire & lust. So this is a good one for me.

Is there any Virtua Fighter games I can play online multiplayer on PC? It looks like 2's on Dolphin but it only has local multiplayer

Ain't the end of it boy.

Overall she seems really mediocre, I've been watching high level players and the only way they've been getting damage is the same as any other character; frame traps with normals, shimmy, just general footsies, etc. Her toolset does not contribute to her neutral in the slightest despite how it looks. She also seems overly reliant on getting counters but separating Air and Mid counters is dumb as fuck since it serves no purpose to separate them except for instant air overhead situations (heavy could have been the V-skill since the visual effect is nearly identical except for the dash, and then they could have put something actually neat for the v-skill) and of course with how bad it is to whiff it's a horrible 50/50 to take against opponents that will eventually be aware of her antics, especially when people are so willing to use slower normals more often thanks to how good they are, thanks crush counter.

I believe that as soon as everyone is familiar with fighting her, she's gonna fall into a dumpster until some player out of nowhere starts ruining everyone with counters but not really anything else.

I'm really disappointed because I wanted a character with about exactly this moveset but she feels so mediocre in every part that I wanted, even as someone quite casual who saw strengths in FANG.

Another half-assed dlc character? Color me surprised.

It's the same as Akuma right now where everyone thinks that while he has good tools, they're not as amazing as before and he shouldn't have as little health as he does. Whoever the fuck is in charge at SFV's studio right now has no idea how to balance characters.

Expect 3 more bad characters and then one more that everyone calls OP but gets buffed in the next patch anyways.

It's some kind of fucked up, pseudo-Sonic cycle if you think about it (Capcom trying to do the same thing again hoping the fgc will keep defending this shit).

There's a reason why the text is RED HOT…
Get some cooling!

she can do combos after throw, but it can be countered with a quick rise.

ICE thing to have. Haha

Any chance of Makoto turning up in SFV? Loved playing as her in 3rd strike.

You might think you want that but you don't.

I don't even know what that means.

He means they will butcher everything you love about Makoto from 3S, just like they did when adding her to SFIV.

Even if they do not this year. To my knowledge all of S2 is going to be "new" characters

Taylor, Azam, Ed and Nadeshiko (because Capcom is lazy)
Quote me!

You know that this'll only happen when we're all old, right?

There's enough rushdown characters with fast dashes and shitty walkspeed in that game anyway. :^)

That's why she was a blessing in IV.
I keep saying that this game was shit, but there's one thing I can't reproach, it's its roster.

Nigga are you serious?

It feels like they are just maintaining it to obligate contracts at this point and then dump it for Marvel Infinite as soon as that game comes out.

It's now March. DLC characters reveal when SNK?
KoF XIV PC version when?

Speaking of DLC, I'm not a fan of the $3 per costume price on PSN, that's about a dollar more than my max of willing to spend on cosmetics for a character. That doesn't bode well for the DLC characters. If it's $5 per character, I'm out. Not dropping $20 for not even 1/10 more characters.

And I was hoping I'd like her. Not enough to get the game but at least enough to want to try it out.

They cost $3 in the US PSN? They're €1,50 in the EU store which is pretty damn reasonable. Only exception is Nightmare Geese that costs €2 but that could be because he was a pre-order bonus and that he's got more bells and whistles than just the costume (altered voice and ki color).

If they are completely new characters and not EX versions like KoF XIII; 5 bucks is a fucking bargain compared to the competition.

So apparently Kolin comes with a built in reset.

twitter.com/INFILTRATION85/status/836791089365311488

Seriously, Capcom. Just go full mobile. It's for the best.

KI characters are also 5$ I think? But they also have bundles where you can get 6 or 7 characters for 20$, perhaps they'll do something similiar

I want to get more into KI and tekken, what are some good jewtube channels, guides, and the like, I know the basics and all that, but I'd like to get really into it

What if they actually listen to the results of the poll and they release the characters for free while continuing to charge for the cosmetic stuff

I never played KI but whenever I hear about its tutorial people always praise it, so its tutorial is enough I assume. also ki.infil.net is a godlike site

I play shitload of Tekken and I think I'm going to recommend Aris(Avoid The Puddle is his channel name) here and of course tekken zaibatsu forums

Aris is rad, I already follow him, thanks for the recommendations my guy

Anyone here going to any events?I would go to final round but i'm not gonna be there when it starts(i'll be visting family in that area) I'll probably sign up for west coast war zone, and I'm for sure going to EVO

I try to go to European events. I did many ROFs in Paris, one Stunfest in 2016. I'll try to go to Revolution at November.

If you've been a good goy, you can get UNIEL (PS3) for "free" this month. (Also EDF 2025.)

what the fuck

Figures the first time they have good games in months and it's two games I already own.

damn, and I actually really wanted to main her.
I dunno, I might still main her or have her be a secondary, she's pretty enjoyable from what I fiddled around with, I'm not exactly a stranger to garbage-tier characters.
maybe there's some stupid ass unexpected tech in her kit that's exploitable, it is modern Capcom we're talking about, there's already 2 weird things she can do shown in this thread already.

Thought this might be somewhat noteworthy to point out but the HoH's most recent episode of SALT got a copyright complaint from Molebeat.

g t g d
u u

Well, she is part of the Illuminati.

Sometimes there's a gem in the trash heap but it's very rare. Only games I ever bothered with were MGSV:GZ and Yakuza 5 (playing this atm after backlogging it for months).

inflation is okay when japan does it
no its not

You can totally main her, you just need the skills and thought processes that would be better put to use on any other character in the game, but also know how to use the counter, which is boring when you have these other two cool defensive tools that would be great in any other game since SFV is too extremely offence oriented that they both get used for offence anyways.

I hope this includes the GGPO update that got indefinitely held up because NiCALiS jewing

I don't know why but that switch makes me slightly upset.

I didn't understand half of what you said

Please elaborate.

I was like you before the release of SFV, now I'm more like And I already didn't like her in SSFIV.

This was reported as fake but it's eventhubs, what can you expect from there? By the way, this is very true and it's glorious

I tried to explain in that following paragraph, hope I made myself clear.

Yatagarasu Dev Team/Nyu Media hired to NiCALiS to port Yatagarasu to the Xbox One/PS4/PSVita on Aug 22nd 2013. It was suppose to included GGPO netcode and they were suppose to help implement it to the PC version. NiCALiS showed it off a few times on twitter, but the last time they even mentioned the game was Oct 3rd 2015. They basically took the money and ran leaving Yatagarasu Dev Team/Nyu Media to do all the work on the updates themselves in between their day jobs, which is why updates take so long.

This isn't even the first time NiCALiS fucked over developers, they did it to the La-mulana devs and they did it to the 90's arcade racer team

So not only is Kolin complete shit but has a very fucked up reset? Did Capcom even try to make this character complete let alone viable? How does Ono not feel any shame for this?

If they were 2USD, I wouldn't complain. I'd probably still be picky about what to buy but that seems like a reasonable price. Incidentally, Nightmare Geese and Classic Kyo are 2USD. It's everything else that's 3USD.

SFV is low hanging fruit, m8. KI and GG are $5 per character, aren't they? As is SG, though if you don't just buy 2nd encore right off the bat now, you're a little retarded. And with SFxT, it was $20 to get 12 characters, wasn't it? Not to mention the new KoF characters are missing some moves compared to older versions. I miss Ralf's armored run from older games. Also I wish Galactica Phantom wasn't a super.

I hope Nicalis crashes and burns forever, they've ruined enough interesting looking indie games.

C'mon bruh. KI and GG are fair points but trying to use SFxT as a point when it had worst DLC practices than SFV is scrapping the bottom of the barrel.

They won't, they're like NISA; they both have a completely brainwashed cult of a fanbase that will buy all their games regardless and they get work for offering devs "cheaper" services than the competition.

I never said on-disc DLC was good, I'm just using a price comparison.

FUCK.

The game should have never been with Disc-Locked content in the first place, but imagine a 50-game character with as much bugs as vanilla SFxT. Even more.
But gems or not, 2013 is a good game. Even better than Ultra.

That game is still an ugly piece of shit.

Oh boy I sure do love how every fucking match up is mash poke and pray I have more life when the timer runs out, it's such a fun experience.

Just like Ultra.

Nice meme. I've said SFxTv2013. Not Vanilla.

Ultra took the models and stages from SFxT, and made them worse.

Thanks

By the way, speaking of shit publishers…

By using the same engine? Both games are ugly, user. And SF4 is a pile of garbage. xTekken was atleast an interesting pile of garbage.

same trash, just swap poke with tag and it's the exact same.

Stop it hurts almost as much as this webm

SF4 atleast brought us USF4 Remix mod which was the best street fighter in decades

Crack it, who cares?
It's those games like this who became interesting years after the release.
You still can play Cuck Fighter V if you like, but I don't.

It's like thanking Blizzard for DotA… You can, but… meh.

Holy shit all crappy game practices are now justifiable now, gonna go get 2nd encore for SG so I can finally have challenge mode without paying more then the actual fucking game for it.
SFV shitty DLC practice, not anything just pirate the characters and change Capcom ID when you eventually get caught.
At least it's not SFV isn't a sign for quality for being good or literally any "main stream" fighting game in the last 10 years is suddenly a masterpiece.

Fantasy strike is the true example how why you shouldn't simplify fighters for casuals since just look at it compared to almost any current fighter on the market, would you rather play the game with barely any input and looks lame as fuck constantly or any where it looks like things are actually happening.
At least rising thunder let you swap moves to have stuff that more rewarded higher input skill or more casual abilities. Like you could have the instant reward move that does ok damage or the weaker at first glance special but it combos leading to more if you can do the input. tie that with pretty much instant FADC or burst being options as well you have a choice to play at what skill floor you want, but with Fantasy strike you're forced in a cramp room.
Anyone in the thread look up the character wiki, it's arguably more fun then the game which is already pretty fun.

CRG, WHY? Oh well, at least it's on the Switch so no one will buy it.

Elaborate?

This ain't Divekick, m8. It's not to the level of the NGPC color games for simple yet complete, but it's alright. For something different and still fun, I'd recommend it. All 8 characters are out.

I mean, there was logic used in making those statements, but wow. Literally "gitting gud is too hard so let's make everyone suck equally".

It's from the video description;

I

What

I didn't even see the description of the video. It's not really SF-style unless they mean that it's a 2D fighter that has one shoto. Everyone in the game is different enough that it's neat, they all have pretty different meters and ways to use them. I feel like it's just marketing bullshit.

Someone who can make sense of this, feel free to correct me.

Chucklefuck is the one that wrote the video description. It just shows how fucking retarded they are.

I PLAY ON A FUCKING PAD
NO IT ISN'T, JESUS, WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU

One of the most important things it did was tying specials to cooldowns so casual players couldn't spam them. For a lot of people who don't know about fighting games, a special move is the only thing a character has - after all, if I can't beat fireball spam, then it must be unbeatable. The very concept of prediction isn't in the casual player's cranium at that point, so having a move be tied to a strict cooldown was helpful because the game was out-and-out telling you NO, DO SOMETHING ELSE.

I'm sure it would have bred bad player habits by encouraging players not to go for anything unless they had all their cooldowns available, but overall I think the idea had merit. It's a shame they were enslaved by Riot to make shitty ASSFAGGOTS games.

It's quite simple:
Easy.

Apparently. I've overestimated these fucks.

You know, I see how Chucklefuck could think such a thing. I wonder how cheap they offered their services so that CRG used them. I guess it's better than Nicalis.

I still miss that game. It was fun playing with a bunch of people who wouldn't normally play fighting games actually start to understand basics and enjoy themselves. It's also a shame it'll never come back and I bet all they're used for is streamlining the netcode for ASSFAGGOTS or making a LoL fighting game. The amount of pleb taste faggots who didn't like the designs of huge robots fighting each other was massive.

I'm not much of a mecha guy myself and I didn't play the game, but even I liked the designs. Vlad in particular was a really neat design in contrast to the streamlined futuristic robots. He looked like he had been designed by a Kremlin scientist.

They really missed an opportunity by not having the Greek robot have a meter stealing mechanic, though.

when did capcom lose awareness of how to make characters unique, even USF4 gets more variation

I have played about 500 hours of KI and can conclude it's shit, you will get a 50/50 guess guaranteed in any combo you block, then we pass onto the combo part and now you need the memorization of every animation, and the reflexes of a ninja to be able to break in time the fast hits, because if you try to break slow and heavy hits you are almost asking to be baited into a counterbreak. Alas i have spent too much time doing this game to just quit, i'll just get my Pro medal online hopefully this month and be done with it.

I'd recommend you start by learning the frametraps in this game because the most used characters (Jago and Glacius) are a chore to deal with if you don't know when you can hit them or when they have advantage and will hit before you or attempt a grab. Once you know how to block and counter them, you will be beating a good chunk of the people that play online.
I don't know any channel that does explain KI in detail and is up to date because the game gets patched a lot, but you can learn a lot of good stuff from the tournaments.

Think of all the employees that has left for better jobs at other companies since 2010, then it makes more sense.

You can pretend to have played games you don't like 10'000h if you want. If you still think it's shit, it'll be always shit.
Think about it, people played a shitty game during 8 fucking years. If you've only tasted shit and liked shit during all this time, while a whole community tells you how tasteful that shit is, you'll think everything tastes bad, compared to that shit. Even sweet sugar.

I wish I could play Dark Arise. Enough to have a team.

To be honest most of the things you said don't sound too bad to me, and it feels like you just played against lots of high ranked players

Who do I have to pay to get fillipinoman punched square in his face?

go to /1cc/ or leggendaria to play that then

Doesn't NESiCAxLive emulation need a good computer?

Fucking finally.

Goddammit I want to pirate this game.

So how long until we get articles on his "racist" hand signs?

I did the Chun SA2 parry, do I get a medal?

Worthless tbqh fam.

No Christie?

B-but user I tried really hard!

Maybe as a swap, like Panda. But I don't think so.

I'm pretty sure Panda isn't a swap in this game, I remember reading Kuma and Panda have different moveset now. But still Christie should come back even just a swap

Panda's a Swap. The only think changing is their Rage Art, but it'll deal the same damage and will leave the same situation. They plays the same. No more TTT2 super small differences.

makoto is best girl

Shin Hisako announced for Killer Instinct. Gameplay and release date next week at KI Cup

twitter.com/KillerInstinct/status/837335735258656768

Losers always whine about their best, winners go home and fuck the prom queen.

Hello fellow disciple.

Now all we need is SNK to reveal the 4 DLC characters.

I better finish my dank OC when they show off Ryuji then.

I still hate SFV's artstyle
Nothing looks good

It's pretty good from a distance, but once you zoom in or pause the game you can see the amateurish lack of textures and poor model quality.

When you thought Iron Galaxy couldn't fuck KI even more, this shit happens.

Post a vid next time m8.

oh boy, did mw3 revolutionize swimming fish for you as well?

That was Ghosts, not MW3.

They can't do more, tho.

Notice how people say "fighting games are dying" whenever a Street Fighter game sells like shit. Same shit with "SF4 saved fighting games".

It's too small so probably never. Funny though.

why is everyone pissed and just typing b14?
is it a broken move?

I can't find the specific moment when Hellpockets said it in a SDR to webm it, so fuck it.
He says "Man, do you remember the Dark Age of Fighting Games? When we played everything? When he had tons of fighting games to play at?"

Because they don't know how to block.

All noobs, if you see anyone who complains about capos they simply don't know how to play the game, and are also most likely complaining about Paul's death fist too

Especially since a lot of their moves are quite unsafe and a lot of their more annoying moves are easily telegraphed which is something you learn after a while.

Tekken is the first series that gave me the "It's not you, I messed up" feel that I see in almost every fighting game.

It used to be the funniest running joke. Especially because Soul Calibur, Tekken, the 3D MK's and even the Dead Or Alive games sold millions in absence of Capcom (I think only T5 was wobbly because it came at the end of PS2 into PS3) and even niche games like KOF and GG were doing healthy but suddenly "Fighting games are back" as soon as Capcom announced SF4 in 2007. Even though DOA 4 cleared nearly 2 million the year before in 2006 (As a console exclusive, no less).

09'ers, everyone.

I just want a female native american fighter

AYYYYY-YA!

Play Tekken Harada doesn't know how injuns look like though

And I want a stereotypical Canadian fighter where his fight style is hockey brawling and his taunts are apologizing

I'd colonize her frontier, if you catch my drift.

she's Chinese in Indian clothing

since there are no actual tekken players who know what they're talking about:
b14 is a hit-confirmable, CH launcher. It has good evasive (crush) properties and has is amongst the capos strongest in the game it was introduced, tag 2.

Add this to the fact that capos playstyle is incredibly unorthodox and hard to read for a new player, and they're the characters everyone loves to hate

*amongst the capos strongest tools.
Add that it's safe and mid-mid and there you go.

That's even worse and more retarded than Killgore. Are they trying to push people away from KI?! How is this any different from the shit Capcom did? Fuck you, Keits, and fuck you, IG.

Dear IG/Keits: That's not a new fucking name, you retards.

You know the crying indian guy was an italian, right?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iron_Eyes_Cody

People at IG might as well reveal the final DLC character already, since its going to be another clone for sure.

Since the end of S2 they either lost someone very important people in their team or just didn't care anymore. S3 characters are pure bullshit design, they made the stupid grind mode called shadow lords that nobody asked for, they shat a lot of bad looking cosmetic DLC, and they are now just releasing clones as DLC. The game became only a polished turd. I wish I knew what happened.

It doesn't help knowing Keits is a cunt who got butthurt when no one kissed his ass on a stream concerning KI's current state, and IG has sjws working there. Balance is also a fucking mess.

You should rethink this post.

That's the standard. We will always see people bowing to Crapcom, even when other companies are working just fine. The PS2 era was a good example. While we didn't had a new SF, we had, from the big developers, three MK, five KOF, three main GG games and Arc also delivered 2D fighters from Sengoku Basara and HnK, and Rumble Fish, that Fate/Stay fighter, and Melty Blood, and Arcana Heart 1 and 2, and two DoA, two VF, and other smaller games. The genre was loaded!

Don't tell me. The native girls here even fight too, but I never expect to see much of it represented in a game with q3.14 grils.
They are not the best 3DPD, but, at least, they really live in the woods, even if they have access to some modern tech.

If you only care about competition, there's no point for fighters to reach more than 5 chars per games.

HnK and Sengoku never came out here, and out of shits and giggles weren't very good (HnK gets a little tourney action in Japan because it's the only broken game that's fun, but nowhere out of that country). All the MKs were shit-tier, and the KoFs were hit and miss (isn't XI hated? I loved it, but a couple of people seem to hate it). VF's community is almost non-existent out of Japan, and no one takes DoA seriously. Anime fighters games were a niche you either loved or hated.

You had the Soul Calibur games, but 3 and 4 are really fucking horrible. We had Tekken 5, but that died with BR, and Namco releasing a horrible PS3 port (the PSP version was okay, but again it's the PSP version). SF4, Tekken 6, and even BlazBlue really revived the scene for their own reasons (say what you want about SF4 being shit, but it was more playable than fucking MK or DoA).

Now sure, but not in the PS2 era. Both VF4 and Evolution got Greatest Hits releases meaning the original runs both sold over 400,000 copies within the first 9 months.

I never said that I liked them, I just pointed out how the were all revealed on the same day.

What the fuck are you saying? SoulCal 3 was a blast. VF had a small community during Evolution, one of the first online fighting games for western countries.
And it's not like the FGC was big. The community had never that much of people competiting in tournaments since SF4.

It seems you don't like 3D fighters very much.
DoA is a really good game that will never be taken seriously because of the girls costumes and breasts.
PS2 MK were well made and really fun to play, and they made so much things right that I still can't believe.
VF had one of its best iterations on the PS2, but Sega never gave the series the necessary push in the west.
SFIV is really overrated when you compare it to everything that was in the market before. Hell, comparing it to other SF, like Alpha or EX is even more shameful for it.
Tournamentfags don't make or break franchises, and the whole debacle with SF V being forced into tournaments, and yet failing with the public when compared to other fighters like MKX proves it.
Cater to tournamentfags can't save your game. And not catering to them will not doom your game either.

It's not a good fighting game if only 5 out of a big roster are being used. The thing is despite tiers, VF5: FS and SamSho 5 Special's rosters were actually pretty good (just low-tier characters require a lot of work). If Tekken didn't blow off the rest of the roster for Harada's shitty Mary Sues, the roster wouldn't be so bad.

SC3 was very horrible in terms of competition because Sophitia and Xianghua were broken af. Rock was trash and unplayable.

Again, it's almost nonexistent even back then. VF4 and 5 are good games, but the VF is dead out of Japan.

We could've had a new Alpha 3 if it wasn't for that 'muh tourneyfag' mentality.

I play(ed) Tekken before I got fed up with the fgc and lost interest in fighters (I really think Tekken 7 is going to be pretty bad).

No they weren't. MK: Armageddon was fucking terrible, and Deception was probably the most playable out of the PS2 MKs despite Shujinko being perma-banned. Deadly Alliance was alright, but very meh.

Very true. Sega hates money and everyone out of Japan.

It is overrated, but you're a fool to ignore it's affect on reviving the fgc along with Blazblue getting a decent US translation, and Tekken 6 (despite Tekken 6's netcode was ass). Soul Calibur 4 was way too shitty to contribute anything.

Oh dear god no. This was the last thing we needed. That half-assed psp port was bad enough (I know what I typed).

damn shame but street fighter isn't allowed to be fun anymore.

I think this meme will never die. But you can have your opinion.
No, just not. It didn't.revived shit because it wasn't dead! What it made was to just make tournaments money makers and force esports into the FGC lime never before.
Just count how many big launches we had between 3rd Strike and SFIV and tell how can you even conceive the idea that the fgc needed to be revived?

So explain how the scene was still dead af even back then despite sales. Almost no one plays VF because of the learning curve. Don't kid yourself.

You have shit taste in fighters if you thought MK: Armageddon was good.

I missed Puzzle Kombat.

VF4 had tons of tournaments and was popular in locals, it was at fucking EVO twice and had a great turnout for Christ's sake. Just because you jumped into fighting games with SF4 or actively choose to ignore communities doesn't mean they didn't exists.

I found the skullgirls tutorial and KI tutorial to be more complete, talking about tick throws or frame traps, GG tutorial seemed to only take on 1st day stuff like movement, roman canceling and special moves, the challenge mode was great for learning tho.

VF's scene was still small compared to Soul Calibur's.

I get VF4 got some attention, but regardless VF's scene is/was small and nonexistent out of CA/The West. I played VF4, but even then it wasn't really it wasn't that big as you make it (no one plays Vf in the East).

Not in Japan.

I'm not saying it's big, I'm saying it had a sizable active scene. You're the one that keeps pretending the scene didn't exist and keep moving goal posts when your bullshit gets called out.

Why do you have to be a nigger? You say that Soul Calibur 3 and 4 are shit, but conveniently forget that 2 was also released on the PS2. Also Tekken 5 dying with "BR" (I think you mean DR) and Tekken being revived with 6, despite 6 having lower sales and being an inferior game (at least to Dark Resurrection). Also VF4:Evolution was pretty much the only VF game with appeal outside of Japan.

Oh I see, you're that kind of nigger, just because nobody cared in the part of the world you're from, it must've not existed.

Should Chunners be blonde?

Make Ryu's Hurricane Kick Great again

Opps

The thing I regret the most in fighting games.

So, Arcsys' Steam team is reduced to just Shini again. I doubt there's any chance of Revelator 2 being released on time, with only one porter probably only Blazblue CF will be out by the time consoles get Rev2

Though there's still a ray of hope since I remember Shini saying he was not part of porting Revelator 2 before and doesn't know anything about its progress, so maybe that means it's not done by their Steam team? It seems illogical as fuck, but that's why I think that might be the case because it's fucking arcsys

Would Alpha 4 be so bad?

Not again, arc-sys

Isn't he just community manager though? Seems to me like they decided to reduce PC team hence he said that game releases going to be slower. Hopefully it doesn't include most known titles like GG and BB, they released many games already beside GG and BB.
Also, arcsys games aren't ports but actual PC versions, although without big variety of settings in options. Their games have really good optimization, Xrd barely uses my CPU

Don't the arcades run on XP?

If you say MK Armageddon was bad, you don't understand fun user. The game was not great, but it was really fun to mess with friends. Too many characters, a limited but competent creation mode, plenty of stages with fatalities, and a lenghty Konquest mode. It was a good game.

Chess and Puzzle could even be competitive to be honest. And those chibis were kind of cute, I guess.

I hope with the PC version of Revelator already being in place, and Rev2 being a content update using Rev as its base, the release window will decrease dramatically.

Any of you tried this before? Virtua Fighter 5: FS on PS3 emulator, RPCS3? I can't find much information on it except for this video

tried it, it runs on 33fps max for me

the video it runs 55fps has

When was the time you tried it? The video is quite recent, perhaps the emulator got better with time? Also loading times look quite bad even in that video, there was one that lasted about 4 minutes

I played through the 3d mk games recently, they were honestly fun, I kinda liked the cheesy story too

One week till the KoF DLC character reveals

I want to believe. (Though I don't think we'll get both Mary and Vanessa; more likely one of those is swapped with Shingo. Would prefer Kasumi but I think the kneeling silhouette is Whip.)

Day one buy on PC.

All the characters I really want never had a chance, but I'll probably be happy with whatever they pick in the end since I dick around with everyone on the roster.

give her her movelist from KoF '98 and I'm sold.

Frankly, KOF XV have a huge roster, but it was quite bland. Not even one unused character from other franchises. All the returning characters already appeared in a KOF before. But, they made a "Brazil" team without Richard or Bob, or even Marco!
And damn, pic related would be my dream team.

Those games are just fun. They are not supposed to be treated as anything but funny games.
And those stage fatalities in the midle of a match could be improved and used again IMO.

The supers was unbalanced, so no.
Chess Kombat kinda reminders me of the Unholy War, on PS1.

Tekken Ball or Tekken Bowl?

I probably wouldn't play her but would like to see Hinako return. She's pretty unique (NESTS saga introduced a lot of characters with fancy move sets) but tricky to play as.

Better odds than me getting a White/Grant/Kain team.

Bowl, all the way with the occasional upskirts being a bonus.

Duh. Again, I said out of the West as in West Coast. Fighting games are really dead in the East despite a few events.

I wasn't moving goal posts though. Vf's scene isn't big out of Japan no matter how you look at it. Even then it was small.

Eh, the way I see it the "dark age" started around 2004 (you know, after SC2). If you're going beyond 2004, you forgot about Tekken 4 which was the shittiest Tekken before Vanilla 6 and Vanilla 7. Just because VF4 was big in one area out of Japan (California), doesn't mean it had a big scene back then.

Kys

Out of curiosity, for someone who has almost no experience with Tekken, what did Tekken 4 do wrong anyway?

All the characters were other martial art styles moved to one model. That's doesn't mean good game design. No, Armageddon was complete shit.

No, they can't. Puzzle Kombat was pretty awesome though.

Its gameplay.

It didn't have some classic characters like Anna and Jack, and it had some very,very gamebreaking bugs. Jin for example if started juggling you could juggle you till you die, and there was nothing you could do about it IIRC. I don't remember anything else

I wish for Tekken Force again

I was just making fun of him sounding like a faggot.

The roster was way worse than Tekken 7's arcade roster, the balance was all kinds of fucked with Jin (although Lee and Steve were also good), and like someone else said it's gameplay sucked. It was also broken with stuff like Kuma's Salmon glitch or something else Jin had (it would instakill anyone if you knew how to do it). It didn't feel like a Tekken game, and it added just frame stuff that made 3's juggle fest even shittier. Stages and music aren't memorable.

user, do you like competitive puzzle games?

Yea, when they're not gimmicky shit.

Amen to that.
Usually, supers are a mistake. I don't know a single puzzle game that handles a meter bar properly. The closest to that is the Fever Rules in Puyo Puyo.

wew

Why the fuck would you enter a tourney if you can manage time properly?
Fuck smashfags are the worst

Who does he think he is?

I think reddit would be more up to your speed, my friend

The roster was too small and it was unbalanced as fuck, it was basically play Jin or get fucked. Jin gained his new fighting style in 4 because he "renounced" his old Mishima karate fighting style from 3 and in his new fighting style he gained a parry which was and still is unlike anyone else's in the game, since Jin would parry by moving to one side rather than interrupt it like other characters who had a parry (such as Law for example) would do. This parry also worked against headbutts, body checks, elbows and knees, unlike everyone else's parry (I think Wang's parry he got in 5 also can do that). Nowadays, this parry is balanced because the parry window is quite tight, but back in 4 the parry window was wide as fuck. He also got an upgrade to his laserscraper, namely if you just framed the third hit, it was unblockable. Due to the way the laserscraper works, unless you avoided the first 2 hits, you were basically guaranteed to eat the third one and get juggled. The only other busted thing I can remember is Lee/Violet having an infinite juggle in the arena stage, but I've heard that Steve was also quite busted, but still not nearly as busted as Jin.
Now, onto the general problems. Juggles and launchers were nerfed to hell, which limited punishing options. However, for some reason they added more CH advantage to moves, so rather than turtling, punishing and juggling you were expected to do CHs all the time. The position change system served no real purpose other than making the vast majority of almost any character's throws escapable by pressing 2 (since position changes were mapped to 1+3 and were escapable by 1, alternate throws a character had in earlier tekkens were mapped as 2+4 and hold forward if I remember correctly), so in effect it only nerfed throws. Backdashing was also nerfed, limiting movement and spacing options and in the end some stages had uneven ground which added to it being an unpredictable clusterfuck. 4 also added walles and while walled stages are now a staple of the Tekken series, they didn't manage to get them right until 5.1, before that if you got someone to a wall they'd eat even more massive damage than some characters can do today.

I actually found a way to play a Virtua Fighter online multiplayer on PC if anyone cares, VF 4: FT on demul: virtuafighter.com/threads/vf4-final-tuned-online-demul-0-57.20172/. The guide say's its pretty bad but I'll probably try it myself at some point

Nigger.

I was in a GG tournament. The favorite came like an hour late. They retarded the whole tourney to let the guy go.
The KOF community of my town never register online. They show up, harass the TOs and yell when the players can't play. While being late.

We're already on reddit, my friend.
It's reddit + imageboard.

Any of you making a new thread soon?

I'm the OP of this one. I can make one but first I need to read some news like that SFV GDC panel. But it's not like another one can make too.

Yeah being too lazy to update the news is why I'm not making now. Can you make one when you're free

Tell us how much damage control it has when you're done

newthread