What turns a game from "pirate-worthy" to "buy-worthy"?

What turns a game from "pirate-worthy" to "buy-worthy"?

pic unrelated

Fun

pirate if it's:
on PC
old
back up loading is available

buy if:
physical, not PC
good game
I want to
sometimes if it's cheap but i dont care much about prices

No game has ever been worth buying. Stop enabling Jews

buy if
pirate under every other condition

Even if it passes all those checks only buy something that's heavily discounted just to minimize any potential damage.

In two words, price point.
If the asking price of the content does not line up with what the consumer is willing to pay for said content, then it's pirate-worthy, otherwise it is buy-worthy.
Literally everything else is little more than code for "the game is not available at the price I am willing to pay for it."

Pirate it to try it, buy it if i like it

Pirate everything.
If you really like it, donate directly to the content-creators to avoid the middleman publishing Jew.

When you like it.

To support a non-sjw indie dev who hasn't made a piece of shit.

This, basically. This should go without saying.

Did I just fall for the bait?

Anything Jewish or SJW related to the game and it's a no buy. Heck, if the companies making, publishing or advertising the game ever had a Jew on its payroll I wouldn't give it cash. Also never buy full price, just to be safe.

When was the last time a PC game got an actual physical release that wasn't just a steam install CD?

if the following conditions make a game worth buying instead of pirating:

its fun, most importantly
it isn't filled with draconian spyware or DRM
theres no microtransactions that can make one player do better at the game than others or get to the max level faster than others or anything else of the sort

If it's a good game, it's worth buying. Are you fucking autistic?

He's probably either a hopelessly insecure faggot or he just got out of a commie shithole and is trying to learn how to capitalism.

i want to hug yuzuriha

when you want to play online with other faggots

It's pretty simple, really. You can boil it down to 2 points only. I buy when and if:
1 - I want to support the devs
2 - The price isn't too much.

This is why I bought things like Stardew Valley and a few others, because I want the Dev to make more games and see what he can do in the future. However some games like Rimworld are way too fucking expensive for what they are, so even if I want to support the Dev, there's a limit to how far I'll go.

I think a better question you should be asking would rather be "when should you support a dev" or "when is a game too expensive".

My bet is he's a marketing stooge trying to gather information on what to say in their lies when they try to sell vidya.

Only Reddit tries to justify their morality by bragging about buying a game after they pirate it. Literally fucking no one does that unless they support the devs for personal and political reasons.

Buy if: active developers, no greedy publisher to take the money, no DRM, no jewish practices like cash shops or DLC extravaganza, is fun and worthy.

nah, just an aspiring /agdg/

decent game that's under $20

nothing

If I think it's a good enough game for the money after pirating I buy it. Which is something that is occuring with ever decreasing frequency in recent times.
It's usually weebshit with a decent port and low-ish price.

In my opinion:
-I've heard enough good things about it.
-The price tag is under $30.
-It's 100% completed with no more impending patches or updates.
-All the DLC/expansions are bundled together with it for that less than $30 price.

I buy all my PC games. I pirate all my console games. I want the PC industry to thrive. I want the console market to die in a fire. Simple as that.

Then good luck making dosh on the PC especially as an indie. Nowadays it's more tempting to pirate and forget instead of buying it after. Even demos won't help anymore. If you want to jump to consoles, go ahead but better prepare some lube for some corporate dickings.

Thanks for reiterating the question though nerd

Pirate if the game is good. Buy if the developers are also good.

Then don't bother making any game that would be good for one playthrough. There are so many good genres lacking in recent titles. Stay away from adventure games and story-driven pseudo rpgs because the market is saturated with that crap anyway. The PC audience can be split into two groups: There are the idiots who blow money on new AAA releases and the most powerful video cards so they can play the same garbage people are playing on consoles, but brag about how the texture are sharper. Then there are the people mostly playing old games because the genres they enjoy are pretty much dead. Make a good RTS or business sim. I mean a GOOD one. Put some thought into it and make it unique. There are devs out there surviving on donations alone simply because they did something that isn't being done to death.

Alternatively, have a vagina.

This

If the developers are worth supporting.

if you cant get the game without buying it and its a game you want to play

this, video games are not a product and there is no reason to pay for a video game, but there is a good reason to pay for video games to continue being made.

consider making games on commission or something like gofundme or whatever payed for shantae games

This
Also it can't be produced by EA or Ubisoft.

trash
trash
trash

The rest are mediocre except FTL, that one is excellent if you like that type of game. This is a really shit chart.

When it's been out long enough that the price has dropped but not long enough that any online community has died or servers have shut down.

FTL is shit too, it is made by SJW devs

It's an imageboard so I tend to post with an image, that doesn't mean I agree with all of them.

Yeah I'm going to have to ask for a source on that. I haven't been paying attention to what they're doing recently, but I haven't heard of this before.

that's all I need to know about that trash taste of yours

I made that post under the assumption that OP would understand that he was the consumer.
If you're willing to pay the price the devs want you to pay, then buy the game.
Yes, it's subjective, but that's how the economy's worked since people first began exchanging things for other things.

That's how I know how you have trash taste.

if it panders to your preferences in video games

You're right. It's not mediocre, it's shit. :^)

It was ok.

If I want to see more games like it, found it fun or when I want a sequel.

At least have some consistency in trashing.

Nothing, pirates don't buy games and practice Taqiya when you call them on it.

by default if it's a good game, then if it has
then i buy

When a game is relatively new (released within the last year or two) and represents a trend that you want more games to follow.

How chicks.

DEAD EYES

If I pirate it and like it. Also if it's not made by a sack of fucking cunts.

Jesus fuck, I swear they made her uglier.

The resemblance is uncanny.

Even green THICC Fiona looks way better than that blue abomination.

If the first few hours are enjoyable. Got to get past what could be considered the "Bullshit threshold" where the game tries to hook you, the n play a bit more. Any game can come out strong but you have to see how its flaws start coming out.