Switch "reviews"

System embargo lifted and it does not look very promising.

Rest of embargo dates:

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/W5meW
pleease
archive.is/Yfmti
exhentai.org/g/1012352/8c6f7c26b4/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I'm skeptical because it's FUCKING polygon.

WHODA THUNK

Does anyone have that article about Mario Kart 8 that keeps getting revised?

Who could have seen this coming?

b-but it totally wont flop guise
muh false scarcity
t. Nintendrone

all the reviewers are saying the same thing, some are a little reserved while others are bashing it. Here is an engadget review
archive.is/W5meW

Why would you be skeptical of the totally legit and unbiased review site that was paid $75,000 by Microsoft to make a documentary about how independent they are?

The only thing lending any legitimacy to this is how completely fucked Nintendo is as a company, how aware they are of their stockholm-syndrome fanbase, and their track record for fucking everything up with impeccable consistency.

I guess even a stopped clock is right twice a day.

makes sense why they are keeping everything hush hush as long as they can
wew

That's what Sony tried to do with the Vita and they failed miserably, and the Vita has free online.

Yup. Time to wait for the inevitable New Nintendo Switch 3DXLi

Nice to see they found a use for all of those vurtual boy controllers no one bought.

So what the fuck are they even doing with it?

You mean throw under the bus, right?

It's probably the guy who played their Doom demo, (s)he just forgot how buttons work.

Are you implying that Kotaku & Co. are more competent than Polygon?

I swear on me mum, regardless of whether the Switch is a piece of shit or not, you motherfuckers shit on game "news" sites then promptly go back to kissing their assholes the moment they validate one of your insignificant shit opinions.

The Wii was complete shit and normalfags loved it. I can neither relate to nor predict the actions of the normalfag entity.

Known unknowns are marketing, hype and Pokémon.

The wii delivered waggle gaming which was somewhat usable.
That's it, even normalfags are going to see through this shit and most of the KIDS in my family think the Switch is dumb.

I think I'll wait for other reports.
Not like I'm gonna buy one anyways.

Kids are fags and throw tantrums if you offer them "kiddie" games.

Their word is good as long as you take it with a FUCKING MOUNTAIN of salt.

It's multiple articles that keep asserting the same falsehood, even moving the goalpost after being proven wrong repeatedly.

Oh well, I couldn't buy one if I wanted to. I'll just play Zelda on Wii U and see how shitty the thing really turns out to be since nothing else worthwhile is coming out on it for months.

This is why Minecraft is loathed by 10-14 year olds right?
You're fucking retarded, its highschoolers who want to pretend to be adults who do that shit, and even then some don't care.

When I was in highschool the football team would openly declare their love for pokemon and discuss all the video games.
Only the edgy weird kids are obsessed with appearing to be adults.

Maybe you should get out more?

MK8 was absolute trash though, they completely fucked up the item distribution system ruining the game.

Day 1 update is probably to prevent leaked units to work accordingly.
The update will probably be an "unlocking" one.

The sun is gay, fuck off.

This is so bad.
On the one hand, I want to believe it.
On the other hand, it's Polygon.
It's a shit website reporting on a shit company.

Wouldn't that be deliberately disabled to prevent potential leaks/hacks or something? I mean, if they already have an embargo there might also be disabled features until launch.
It's already known that battery life is shit & the system down-clocks while on battery which impacts performance.
This is the only news here. Assuming it's a real issue & not a result of user error from Polygon's crack team of utter retards.

The joycon issue reminds me of that story about Kotaku (or was it Polygon) who voluntarily broke the HDMI port of a PS4 and blamed Sony for giving them a non-functioning console.

Sony tried…for the first month before throwing it under the bus.

Its still a weird idea since if you managed to get the console earlier its basically a brick, and I dont see the appeal unless Nintendo wants it to be as much of a surprise as to the reviewers as it is to the fanbase when the unbox it day one.

I personally hated not being able to pick up a second item while holding one behind myself for blocking like in MarioKart Wii, but our dislikes of the game are entirely irrelevant to the incorrect assertions Polygon repeatedly made.

Sony blame smartphones but then 3DS.

exactly what this industry needs
also what a surprise

Wait, did they really blame the 3DS? Because that had only 2 games worth getting around the Vita's launch, Resident Evil Revelations and Mario 3D Land.

who are they quoting

>GUYS MY TOTALLY REPUTABLE FRIENDS I MEAN PEOPLE I DON'T KNOW AT POLYGON SAID IT DOESN'T EVEN HAVE INTERNET
You people get more fucking retarded by the day

stuff

Which is shit in hindsight, playable garbage.

Joy Con issues are not going to be a problem for smart people like me who will use the Pro controller. Some people are just dumb.

Every site said that PSVR, prior to launch, was a little bad in some ways and lost tracking in others. After spending hours in it, I hadn't experienced any of the issues they claimed. I don't trust pre-release journos opinions for shit like this, especially Polytaku.

That said, I doubt I'd buy a switch. The controllers look uncomfortable as fuck.

Wow.

tell them it'll be fixed in a day one patch

And yet it was the only good or decent 3DS exclusive for the longest time.

Thats a terrible idea though, buying another controller because the one bundled with the system is trash.

Dont get me wrong its probably poor performance
But polygon sure as hell aint the ones who you should listen to on why it sucks

Also pretty sure there will be a day one patch to at the very least placebo a couple of the issues being reported

Who the hell is Stuff?

How do you not know what Stuff is?

The Switch is basically a refurbished WiiU tablet with more gimmicks. They had 5 years to make something good and they managed to fuck it up. These rumors about the joycons etc. leave a bad impression of their new product, especially after the failure of the WiiU.
TBH if I was Nintendo and given the fact that people always compare them to Apple, I would make people pay for the patches because I know the fans won't give a shit, they're already defending the company for free about the DLCs, season pass and paid online.

I like the concept of the switch, even if it isn't some high powered mainstream console I can still enjoy it.

i'm sure it's got a ton of problems but it's hardly like i'm going to play games on a console to get a flawless experience. The reason I haven't even touched any of the current consoles is because they have no games that I can't just play on my computer. So they only offer a gimmick, which the ps4 and xbone don't offer. The wii u's gimmick was never utilized to its full potential. The switch on the other hand doesn't need its gimmick utilized to work, you can just pick it up and play the game with no fuss.

just being able to play actual games, rather than garbage cell phone titles. while taking a shit or riding the bus is my main motivation. .

Because that's how it works, right? No company would ever use the time after their device hits the production line to keep working on the software so that it can be updated on release to be better than it was when it went gold. Nah, the entire Switch OS team should just go on vacation during the time it's in production, that makes sense!

Your points would make sense about the joycons except for
Who have a history of mishandling hardware and being shit in general. These are people who played NuDoom with one hand and killed themselves repeatedly in BoTW's demo. I'll wait until reported hardware issues is more widespread before I'll believe it's not just a defective unit/Polygon being retards. Also
DLC isn't inherently bad, user. Sure season passes and paid online are always unforgiveable. But DLC can be done right, and Nintendo usually puts a mostly-fair price on their first party DLC.

Here we fucking go.

The funny thing is that it's just Microsoft jewing people for OS updates nowadays.

You can always rely on purchase rationalising faggots to come up with GameFAQ tier excuses.

Its not that the "No Internet" browser thing is a make or break issues but in places that require verification its probably annoying.

Yes they fucking are the only acceptable extra content are Expansion packs, this whole DLC fad needs to die.

good

[intense hand rubbing]

Expansions and DLC are not mutually exclusive
Thinking you can't download expansions just gives us incredibly jewish Capcom yearly releases

NINTENDO ARE THE GOOD GUYS, RIGHT??????

I don't remember needing any patches for shit to work before 7th gen

DLC is nothing but downloadable content, content that you download. Anything that's added to a game digitally as a method of expanding on the game is DLC. Skyrim Dragonborn was DLC, but was far closer to the old expansion packs.

comparing a fucking weapon skin that costs 2 dollars to actual content is stupid.

pleease don't uae link shorteners /5dhuyyqummf2.html
pleease don't uae link shorteners /vung7wf1ekko.html
pleease don't uae link shorteners /7fogykoz86d2.html
pleease don't uae link shorteners /voo0dpcfsfku.html
pleease don't uae link shorteners /c4hf6btpos9r.html
pleease don't uae link shorteners /t5yy3cgosioj.html
pleease don't uae link shorteners /3c4xklgspwt3.html
pleease don't uae link shorteners /9fto3jps92qn.html
pleease don't uae link shorteners /qyi3qkbbowj3.html
pleease don't uae link shorteners /ryc9u1olu355.html
pleease don't uae link shorteners /9snmzti0cmfh.html
pleease don't uae link shorteners /1hbm4awr3kq3.html
pleease don't uae link shorteners /mskz6vgy7qha.html
pleease don't uae link shorteners /xjy5hr3hpsyp.html
pleease don't uae link shorteners /xczzl7a6c76k.html
pleease don't uae link shorteners /74p7pzl9ohli.html

mhhhhh

NICE

that's probably because before the 7th gen they couldn't release patches on consoles.

YA GOT BAITED SON

and everything still worked

And do you want to know why, because both the Wii and WiiU got cracked though them and instead of fixing the hole they just removed the feature entirely.
I can't tell if this is just laziness or outright incompetence, it's like they got a cut on their leg instead of putting a bandaid on it they just cut the limb off.

Expansion packs created later aren't acceptable then?

It's almost like they're different things.

You're both retarded niggers.
almost gets it. But I'm using DLC in the sense of "Downloadable Content". Not to try and defend releasing a 5 hour side story in an 80 hour game for $30. I'm talking about what

Is talking about. Good shit that actually adds to the game and makes it a better package. This guy gets it, and that's why he got trips.

Because they made barebones OS software that didn't do anything other than play games and manage memory card/harddrive data.

what else are they supposed to do?

Ask bethesdafags and they'll say horse armor does all that.

100-200MB files

OMG NO WONDER THEY USE CARTRIDGES LOL

good luck finding any, horse armor is basically a joke. Even people who play ESO, microtransactions up the ass, think that shit is ridiculous.

Go into your system settings on a 7th+ gen console and find out. More than half of those options aren't present on older consoles.

Never seen anyone defend horse armor in any space that isn't just a Bethesda hugbox(IE: Their forums, the Steam forums for their games, etc)

We all know the microtransaction/hat system is whorish, but if it's an actual expansion in a game like everything for the Sims or something similar, it's still DLC. Quit being a retard.

I think the problem is fags like you have been brought up on DLCs so the concept of an expansion pack doesn't exist/make sense to you.

and I didn't need any of them

If there is anything I hate, then it is a reflective/glossy screen.

Just because you don't need them doesn't mean there aren't other people who will. The world doesn't revolve around you. Your argument is as shit as the "Well, it runs on my PC" bullshit.

I am still baffled that there were three separate large companies who all thought that this was a good idea. No one thought to simply just use the money that they would have to spend to engineer/market the new consoles on making/marketing games that actually run on their existing ones. They are only just putting themselves in the same hole, if not a little deeper given the new problems they created doing this. Are game devs really so incompetent that they can not optimize their games to run better?

No, I definitely remember having to rebuy Dragon's Dogma at full price because they didn't offer Dark Arisen as a download

if that were true then sony wouldn't have tried to release firmware update discs and updated the firmware in later ps2 releases to make the netcode less of a smoldering pile of garbage. The launch ps2 still had software issues, if I recall there was an issue where if you tried to play rayman revolutions it would brick the system if you paused it for too long. That issue didn't exist in the latest firmware patches.

There is nothing wrong with patches, it's when developers release an unfinished game that it becomes a problem. Hell firmware updates are good too, it means you don't have to buy a new release of a console if it turns out the launch console's firmware was total shit, ala xbox hueg.

I wish 3g consoles caught on more, having online anywhere is such a cool concept.

I would say outright incompetence, otherwise they wouldn't sell a device that only has 32 Gb of internal storage (come on it's current year+2) and paid online even though the service won't have most of the features other companies have (ability to chat with other players, ID that isn't tied to one console, etc).

Also if it runs on a version of Android, would it be easier to crack that new shit? (I have no knowledge on this kind of stuff so I'm just asking a question)

I think patches are a double eged sword.

A lot of games now launch broken. I've literally stopped buying games on release.

Wait, what, are these people for fucking real?
What's with the bloody feature regression trend nowadays? That's less multimedia capability than the 3DS has.

It's not just devs being retarded. Scalebound got cancelled because Microsoft wanted Platinum to give it bleeding edge graphics and multiplayer while Kamiya was trying to fight them and have Microsoft let them tone down the graphics for better performance. There's a long and bloody history of the console manufacturers making devs prioritize Hollywood storytelling and gwaphix over gameplay and performance.
I imagine it's the same story with other muh gwaphix games like The Order, Horizon, and other sub-30fps shit shows.

It has 32 gigs of storage because the actual game carts will have significantly more storage. I doubt it'll run android.

I really have no idea what to think of this thing anymore

its Holla Forums's wet dream
its a game console with none of that social network nongame shit that also happens to have no games on it, giving them plenty of time to shitpost about it on some mongolian goat skincrafting board

I can't wait for all the shills and fanboys to defend this and claim you'll never be away from a free plug socket for longer than 2.5 hours

Nigger, you just ignored one of the prime examples of expansion packs. You want me to bring up Command and Conquer and buying the extra content that still required the base game, and if it could have been Downloadable, it would have? Just fucking kill yourself.

Can you give one example except when you're out hiking? Which I doubt many do.

why the fuck would I bring a gaming tablet with me when i'm out hiking?

Public transport. Not all socket seats are available or sockets free.

Sad thing is people have torn apart the Switch already and the battery and hardware are firmly packed into the chasis. So that's the best it's gonna get until battery tech or Nintendo/Nvidia somehow manages to make the Switch tech smaller.

Air travel. Not all passenger jets have outlets yet so depending on who you're traveling with you might be shit outta luck if you got to do a 3+ hour flight.

Fucking Polygon
I'm also getting tired of all this Nintentoddler shilling but come the fuck on now

For 2.5 hours?

Again, for 2.5 hours? Do you live on the moon or something?

NINTARDO

Thats the worst part, sometimes people dont realize how short the battery life is until they boot it up next time and its already low on power. As interesting of a gimmick as it might be it makes me wish Nintendo just went all out and made a home console that at least has enough power as a PS4 and a standard controller with no paid online.

With Nintendo its probably general incompetence.

Are you telling me you want to spend your time playing in bed with a cable wrapped around you?
It doesn't matter if I have a socket close to me, having a handheld needing to be constantly attached to a socket is incredibly fucking annoying for getting comfy.

Its ok lad, the game will have no games as well, just like the PS4, so no need to worry.

2.5 HOURS
BATTERY LIFE

Want to meme it into not including an adapter too? The 3DS didn't have one

That's pretty meta

switch's pedestal is an adapter and it uses a micro-usb plug to charge. If you don't have one of those then I have no idea how you even function in society.

So it really doesn't come with one?

Yeah sure lad, and Steam games aren't "games" because you didn't get a physical disc in the mail when you bought it.

It doesn't use micro USB
It uses USB-C, which still isn't industry standard.

oh, I thought it used micro-usb.

pardon me then, it better come with an adapter too.

Corection, the NEW3DS doesn't come with a charger. Funny how the $80 2DS comes with a charger when the $200 NEW3DS doesn't.

I should hope not, micro usb would mean 8 hour long charges
At least USB-C can be dash charged

So I remember an user way back in 2012 sharing an anecdote with everyone about the wii u updates. Imagine being a kid, getting a new wii u for christmas and two bangin' new games you've been eager to try out. You have your parents set it up and you sit down and push the power button on the tablet. Tablet doesn't start up, it needs to charge. So you hook it in and come back in 5 minutes, the tablet remains plugged in and the system starts up, you put your info in and after you finish that - the system stops and you need to update. Only it's not just you, it's 30,000 other kids who got it on christmas morning. So the update takes two hours, the games have updates as well and you download them too, after two and a half hours, imagine how big of a fucking buzzkill that is.

The point is, console manufacturers, get your shit sorted out.

Anyone knew with half a brain and how this system was being advertised that it was going to fail.

Nintendo started focusing on gimmicky controllers and control schemes dating back to the Nintendo 64, then when the Wii came around the beginning of the end started coming about when they started focusing less on games and more on the other shit surrounding it (like all those gimmicky Wii motion control games no one cares about anymore cus they were made for casual soccer moms to buy). At least before motion controls Nintendo was still focusing on the games, but ever since the Wii Nintendo has only really been good with their handheld department which is probably their more profitable venture without having to explore as many gimmicks (touchscreen controls are at least reliable compared to motion controls which still aren't there yet).

They've been a gimmicky company for a while (they actually thought the Virtual Boy was a good idea for some reason), but at least once upon a time their focus was on games and keeping Nintendo fans hooked to buying just Nintendo consoles if they could only afford one system. Now the competition is simply way better and the easily accessible and affordable PC gaming library is going to dwarf Nintendo's efforts to draw casuals in with another round of gimmicks and family friendly marketing. They lost their Nintendo fans who are now at the age of owning their own PC and getting all the shit they want on there, and now have to go after the temporary market of casuals and families where parents are buying all the shit.

The killer will be the gimmicky hardware and controls just won't end up being utilized, 3rd party developers likely won't get on board to help provide a robust library that can compete with the other options. Indie developers are likely to just stick publishing on PC where their audience actually is and not worry about Nintendo's platform. Nintendo went headfirst with the Wii-U and its tablet controller but low and behold the tablet controller meant absolutely nothing and was never actually utilized much at all.

You don't have to update, you can tell it to fuck off and just play offline. PS4 and WiiU both have that. Xbone doesn't. My brother is still mad.

No it wont, nintendo has a legion of braindead fanboys that will buy anything with their corporate logo on it, just look at how those retards not only defended but bought amiibos quite possible the worst form of DLC ever created.

The PS4 finally started to get games though outside of Bloodborne like Gravity Rush 2 and the Yakuza series. The Switch though makes me worried that Nintendo really didnt learn shit from the Wii U and outside of ports the game drought will be even worse

I think the wii u day 0 update was actually required.

DLC is inherently bad. You are saying that not all DLCs are bad. It still doesn't stop them from being retarded and cancer upon community. DLC might still be used like its counterparts were used 15 years ago but it isn't. Idea of DLC can be way too easily abused and ultimately supported by retards which only results in cancer.
Now replace DLC with "Islam"

the ps4 got a pretty solid library really quickly. I would count 7 solid worth your time games on it.

I imagine the wii u pissed a lot of them away, even diehard nintenyearlods like myself have a breaking point (such as paid online).

The fuck are you on about, mostly everyone is shitting on OP.

I already do with my 3ds though

Maybe they should make sure everything is working nicely before even putting into mass production. Guess that'd take too much work.

wew fucking lad.

yeah, what do you call it when 8 months ago all it had was bloodborne

Well faggot you for buying a 3DS
it's a bad console

So Nintendo invented a tablet that CANNOT be used to access the internet. How can you be this stupid?
Was Iwata Nintendo's brains as well as it's heart?

It's just Bloodborne, Yakuza and Nioh and even then Y0 and Nioh are probably going to PC sooner than later.

It has good games.

Now it has Nioh too. I have no idea what else the turd has.

Gravity Rush 2.
Also a few ports of vita games.

One can only hope.

It's a pity the filthy yids in charge of Sony kept Demon's Souls and Bloodborne locked on their moribund hardware. Hopefully Emoji and Barbie drive them so deep into debt they shut down their gaming division.

Dragon Quest Builders.

The breaking point wasn't even the paid online, it was the way they handled their IPs and the way they localize games. After Fire Emblem Fates I'd be a good idea to either learn japanese or exclusively buy Monster Hunter Switch.

What a fucking surprise. I'm all for Nintendoom but this shit is almost always the case for anything. This is why you never buy at launch.

until its announced for something else, it doesn't exist - but anyway there's yakuza 0, nioh, bloodborne, odinsphere, gravity rush 2, the last guardian, gravity rush remastered

I too want to see unrelated department failures close down their only profitable one and see less good games get funded.

This thread is already infected with condiments.

Wait they're almost making a Barbie movie? I see another shitty feminist movie on the horizon and I doubt Sony learnt anything after the Ghostbusters train wreck.

The legion of braindead fanboys have grown up from the years of being kids or teenagers when they grew up playing Nintendo systems. Now all are well into their 20s or 30s and people only have so much patience these days when it comes to spending their money as a consumer. It's spending their own money as well, plus if you want to play something in HD you have to plop down some money on an HDTV, and just other general expenses to worry about. That's why Nintendo's options boil down to trying to please the casuals and draw them in again and again for temporary profit, cus most people have a PC these days whether it was originally for gaming or work or whatever else. PC gives you PC gaming as well as an avenue to buy all sorts of used games of previous gens (or the current gen even). The initial legion of Nintendo fanboys from the 90s in terms of blind fanboyism is starting to dry out a bit as they realize wasting money on a console with little to offer isn't a good idea, especially with essentials to worry about first that aren't gaming related.

Nintendo has less competition, a more affordable price point, and better opportunity for a robust game library with their handheld division, which is always going to make that more profitable for them now. Combine that with the lifestyle of societies changing (particularly Japan with so much public transportation) and handhelds will always have a place and Nintendo at least does that well. Accessories and peripheral things with handhelds are probably more likely to sell too, adding more money in Nintendo's pocket. This leads me to believe that after the Switch inevitably fails, Nintendo will go handheld and mobile only, though I'm not sure what they'd do with their big franchises that are fit for console play (maybe they'd sell them on PC on their own exclusive online store).

And Amy Schumer is going to play Barbie.

But guys Nintendo is totally going to make all other system irrelevant because it's mobile! Never done before! Nintendo is truly revolutionary!

Yes, what the world needs is more of the Order, Last of Us and Uncharted. Gotta feed the goyim Jewish propaganda or they'll go wild.

Starring Amy "Yid Pig" Schumer. If people thought Cuntbuster was bad they haven't seen anything yet.

Emoji features Patrick Stewart giving his voice to an animated turd. That's another winner right there.

it's not a console, it's a handheld with a special TV Out.

Yup and that fat unfunny feminist cunt Amy Schumer is gonna be Barbie because muh societal expectations of womyn!

I predict the Switch will do very well in Japan but I fear another WiiU situation over here.

I never said it was a console

Take it from someone with a 4 year old daughter. There's hundreds of barbie movies and they all suck.

nah, we need more gravity rush 2's and demon's souls and niohs - all games which had sony backing (one of which was an in-house game). Don't care about the western shit, if anything I'd say it's been a massively poor investment in funding western studios so much because they continue to produce shit.

This is why Sony is dying. Even their Playstation brand can't save them.

Well I never fucking asked you you fucking nerd I will shit fury on your face

Yeah, but compared to this Jewish blockbuster they might as well be Metropolis. You know how Barbie was supposed to be the female ideal?

Blonde, blue eyed, thin, smart and capable? Pic related is Barbie in the current year+1.

Switch will do very well in America, braindead hype is at an all time high
nostalgia is at an all time high
buying useless things is at an all time high

it will at least do twice as well as the wiiu

It has mediocre sequels
And that's it

Please enlighten and ignorant fag like me and explain to me how MK8's DLC is any different from an expansion pack.
For 20$ you get 4 new cups (16 new tracks) 4 new playable characters and a bunch of new karts and parts. Every previous MK game in the series has only had 8 cups so even ignoring the new characters and karts that's a content increase of 50% for 20$.
It's been a LONG fucking time since I played it so feel free to correct me, but in comparison what did Brood War get you besides a new single player story? A new building and maybe 2-3 new units per faction? For a full 40$ MSRP at launch, and just like DLC required the base game. How are these things any different? How is MK8's DLC not the same as an expansion pack?

Take your fetish to deviant art faggot.

So, what has to happen for you guys to buy a switch? I'm probably gonna still buy one anyways because apparently I've been brainwashed by Nintendo years ago, but how can they make it worthwhile for you?

There are plenty of reasons not to get a Snitch, but this is not one of them.

IMO expansion packs have to make the gameplay AT LEAST 50% more than it already was. Usually it's over twice as much though.

no.

most expansion packs were like an extra 25% game content and occasionally a few added things to the base game. What reality are you from?

I hold the belief that prerelease hate is just as stupid as tge hype. It's the same type of fanaticism.

At least Detective Barbie games weren't so bad for being kids games. Like Phoenix Wright point and click stuff but without the courtroom drama stuff mixed in.

All the Barbie movies and shit though, yeah I had a little sister that got my mom to buy all sorts of that shit. It was pretty much the kind of stuff you expected of direct to video kids movies (do no watch).

It also had a lot of ports and backwards compatibility to DS. If you haven't played these games on either.
Plus it actually had few good games, if not multiplats that were only on Vita.

Most def. I don't do any of that social media or multiplayer shit.

But I'm fucked in the head and I assume Nintendo wants normalfags to buy this system.

Oh boy I sure love threads where the OP fucks the topic over right away ruining any discussion to be had

more games, different joycon variations, VC up to the Wii, 3DS support, and more features.

He mentioned Brood war. The Brood war campaign was much longer than the original campaign, and that's why most people bought it. It also fundamentally changed the game, BW wasn't just SC1 with a few extras thrown on top, it was a whole new game and you couldn't play between versions because it made no sense.

Another good example of DLC vs Expansion packs is in GTA. GTA IV had expansion packs. Whole new stories, a ton of vehicles, and a bunch of new shit to do, and most importantly was like 10$. GTAV has DLC, which is a new car that costs 20$ every week.

The sad thing is that they were probably working on an expansion for GTAV, but GTA Online was so successful that they canned it altogether. Normalfags really did ruin the industry, although Take2 is mostly to blame.

Some meaningful local co-op to be had with the control scheme. Without some cool way to have multiplayer enhanced by what's being advertised as multiplayer enhancing controls, then I won't be interested in ever getting it if I could get most of the decent games for it on another platform.

Maybe if it ended up having around 9-10 awesome games in a few years I could always consider it, but how many decent games did the Wii-U even have? How well did Nintendo utilize their first party titles with the Wii-U? What did Nintendo do with the tablet controller the Wii-U had that was anything of note? Nintendo if recent history has taught us anything isn't going to go anywhere with the Switch.

That's still not very good.

It's going the way of the Wii U already. Instead of launching in December with games, it's launching now with nothing, by December the hype will be dead, the paid online will have started, and Nintendo thinks Mario and vague promises of 3rd party support will save it.

It's the Wii U all over again.

pretty much, and unless there's a Nintendo Direct that unleashes an announcement for a fuckload of games that will be released over the course of three months after each seasonal direct, I doubt the system will be worth getting this year.

Console games have never really gotten expansions or expansion packs, just lots of DLC adding small bits of content or maybe one extra mission/level in a nickle and dime fashion. PC games used to get expansions with at least a few hours worth of content plus potential gameplay additions and fixes, or some extra classes to give the base game more replayability, and etc. Console games or handheld games were never really designed around the aspect of expansion pack content, and even western devs have lost sight of what made the expansion packs worthy content to buy. DLC practices these days on the whole are not good at all, not to mention all the microtransaction and pay to win junk we have to deal with now.

I thought about this too, truth is, many of my issues aren't even tied to the device directly.
Boiling down to just the device specific ones, there's form-factor and style; I think it looks horrible, both docked and mobile, and it's too big to just "whip it out" while on the go.
Next, its display situation is a step down in my opinion. Stylus + touchscreen is a fantastic input combo, as is the two-screen setup; both are combined for great effect in e.g. Etrian Odyssey, where you draw your own map on the touch screen while you explore, or Swapnotedoodle, of course, which is a very fun (but somewhat awkward) spin on the basic chat program.
The resolution (and computational ability), of course, is a plus, so yay for Nintendo dropping their anachronistic notions regarding system specifications I guess.
I've also already mentioned feature regression. This is a common topic, and not specific to Nintendo. However, honourable mention of Sony (CE) for not making the PS4 worse than the PS3 in that regard; and in the case of PSP->Vita, they even improved it.
All in all, it probably boils down on whether MonHun stays on there. If it continues to be a Nintendo exclusive, I might get it. If it doesn't, whatever.

Also what pisses me off is that they're still making 3DS games instead of going all out on the Nintendo Switch and having a fuckload of content for that system. Hell they should revise the "best of" line with games from WiiU and 3DS and port them to the Switch. Wonderful 101 Switch when?

If Nintendo's serious about merging their home and handheld divisions then nah it's not like the Wii U allover again it's like the 3ds allover again, and in time it'll be successful.
Of course this is nintendo so they could always go full retard and announce a successor to the 3ds in which case the Switch WILL be Wii U 2 electric jewgaloo.

pretty much, If I was Nintendo I would abandon the idea of a 3DS successor and/or save it for the next console cycle.

I missed out on preordering the thing because I have no money.

Consider suicide you fucking fat kike, choke on a cake.

As I thought, even the old era Nintendo fanboys are running out of money to just dump into Nintendo products. This is why the advertising for the Switch like that Superbowl commercial is targeting families full of soccer moms and parents who will be buying the games for their kids, instead of young adults and older who will have to foot the money to buy the stuff themselves.

why did you abandon the mumble and get salty at JustL

Bump Lock overwatch threads you kike.
Or at least allow us to shitpost it to death.

The board needs to self-regulate you fat chode.

And the thread got ruined
I guess someone should post doggy lewds now.

I suppose it's possible that they could give up on the 3ds and focus all of it's momentum into the Wii U. Make Fire Emblem, Animal Crossing, a bunch of JRPGs on it. That could kickstart it again in 2018 (since I very honestly doubt they have a lot ready for this year).

Do you think they'll start to make "real" games for tablets and smartphones in a near future?

well consider that Nintendo would have extra resources to work on games that aren't Mario and Zelda, this is one of the reasons I'm hoping they merge both divisions and focus on making new games and reviving old IPs. Although it remains to be seen if they'll actually do that or making a million Mario games.

Only time will tell.

I'd rather choke on your dick

nerd.

it's not even that, I'm sure plenty of people my age have money to buy these things. It's just a personal issue where I have bills to pay and can't waste an extra 400 dollars at the moment. Although this may change in a week or so.

Doubtful, "real" games don't sell on smartphones and tablets.

They already have, there's a shitty Mario game and fire emblem game on smart phones now.

This is a million shoahs!

There's a couple of decent puzzle games on the app store or whatever, but the problem is for some reason people literally won't spend money on a game, unless it's a pay2win game in which case they have no problem spending hundreds of dollars.

I'm glad you have no money to throw at Ninty, because holy fuck would you be making a mistake.
Never fucking EVER buy a console at launch.

Not people, whales.

Ads make money for the owner of 8ch you dumb fucking faggot

If POLYGON of all places is talking shit about the Nintendo Shit-ch, then it's shit.

Even still, I know tons of people that spent 10$ or so on Pokemon Go, but have never taken off the "free" filter on their phone's app store.

I'm sure he gets tons of money from the trump autist that keeps posting hilariously cringy pro trump screenshots as an ad.

What does the Switch even have outside the BotW coming out?

Did you forget when he tried to get HW to pay him for being the owner of Holla Forums?

Which didn't work.
Which means he gets no money from this

That's pretty much why consoles have effectively turned into sub-par PCs, because the console manufactures need to find other ways to get people to buy their system outside of "It plays games" sadly enough. Microsoft is perhaps the most well rounded of it all because their system hooks up to your cable box, it has the latest Blu-Ray player, and numerous video apps included their own gimped version of iTunes.

Also, if you really want to get down to the blaming game, all of it belongs to Sega (Like with 'all of the problems with gaming today) and NEC/Huson Soft (This was before Konami bought them). The Sega CD and TurboGrafx CD could both play audio discs, and that's when things began.

Sauce?

Outside of American "news" companies, the only populace who are excited for the Switch are the Japanese, and we all know about the Vita, the Dreamcast, the Saturn, the Neo Geo, the TurboGrafx, and the Master System.

Enemy Within? And, what about the big DLC pack for The Witcher 3 and Dark Souls 3?

I still don't know, does hotwheels have literally nothing to do with this website anymore? Like he doesn't even profit from it? How does he afford his Taiwanese ladyboys?

To be fare Polygon has always been against Nintendo and Sony, they are funded or were at one point by Micosoft.
archive.is/Yfmti

yeah but those are just cash grabs, they aren't real games with tons of effort put in.

exactly, it's an unstable market that relies on trickery rather than selling the actual game.

Man I wish, I actually work part time as a data entry clerk for some Jewish Community Center. Most of my time is trying to make connections with people using the resources that I have.

HW is freelance.

Maybe, best just wait for other articles to pop up. Polygon is corrupt as fuck and they might have been paid by sony or microsoft or maybe its one faggot journo who hates nintendo for having sexy women in some games. If polygon made an article about the earth being round I would investigate.

the DLC packs for Witcher 3 weren't as big as the main game IIRC

Both the Master System and the Genesis/Megadrive were massive flops in Japan. The Master System was big in Europe and Brazil.

Do you have no skills whatsoever?
How do you spend so much time on the internet and not learn something about programming?

I mean shit I'm sure you could get a community manager position somehwere just by mentioning you're the board owner of this place

I want a proper 3ds successor, not the half-assed portable gimmick machine Switch is.

For all we know, he could be getting money by someone to allow people to shit up specific threads and avoid other ones.

He's too busy doing drugs, languishing over his rotting spine, and being smug about how he got out of imageboards to do anything of value.

Okay, thanks for info. I just knew that Sega had released three versions of the Master System in Japan, and that the official western release was the third version.

Wow user you don't sound paranoid AT ALL

That's a fast way to get blacklisted.

Look at what happened to Holla Forums and Holla Forums. They do it for free™, but what's stopping them from getting a little cash on the side to nudge people a little further in one direction?

That's a great idea.

Well you just tell them you're owner of a big board online and that you have knowledge with the management of online communities. Unless you're a complete retard I doubt you could fuck it up.

Well here's the thing, no one's gonna hire anyone without connections. That's just how it is. Hell I met a few people from volunteering at this place, and I'll try getting a job from one of these connections.

Why the hell would I let people shit up specific threads? I ban as many shitposters as I can in the overmeme threads. Problem is that they don't report anything.

They'll want proof of that, and then they type in the address and come to our merry little shithole.

(checked)
Stopped reading there.

Anyway can we move to a separate thread to talk about my job? I wanna keep this one on topic

What kind of connections do you expect you'll make doing volunteering
Bums? Hippies?

Seems pretty flawed tbh

Your fault for identifying yourself, faggot

I seriously doubt Mr. Management Guy that hires people knows what a chan is or what Holla Forums is at all.

Nobody who is sane would mod you filthy nigger faggots for free.

Mark do you understand how this works?
Shitposting is people criticizing the game.
Shitposting is not posts others do not like.

We are reaching millennial levels of misusing words to mean things that they don't.
Go into a overwatch thread, half the discussion of "fans" is porn, waifu arguments.
The best content you get is people shitting on the game.

You fucked over our general so many fucking times because I got banned by either you or one of your cock monglers for criticizing the game.

We're talking about Mark here.

When the threads are specifically made by people outside the site and it's very clear that's the case.

Shouldn't have threw your name out there, I'm just shocked it hasn't become a full on meta thread yet.

That's because Mark loves us

But really, everyone here should just stop pretending because we all know you're gonna buy the switch anyways. Unless you're poor and mom wont buy it for you.

Jesus christ, do you know how many anons would give up their left testicle for the chance you have? You fat fucking failure, you should be ashamed of yourself.

What about people who are not interested in Nintendo products?

But user, if you were a REAL gamer then you would already preorder whatever nintendo shits on the plate. :^)

true enough, I'm gonna ban myself for an hour.

I do it because I like Holla Forums and I like the board, if I didn't care about Holla Forums then I would give it to someone else. Not too mention that I wouldn't trust anyone else to do a good job other than one of my fellow team members, just look at what imkaphy did with Holla Forums.

Wait a year or two and see if it has solid third party support.

It's like you aren't even a true gamer.

People might shit on you a lot, but compared to the other BOs you're waaaaaaaaaaaaay above the average.

But I never miss the treehouse streams. ;^)

Oh shit you're right. I am going to place a preorder for a Switch™ console, and many of the amazing games that are coming out for it, as soon as possible, for I am a true gamer.

20 years from now Nintendo will some buggy console whose gimmick is synesthesia and they'll still somehow be in the black

Ban yourself for life please.

Treehouse is one of the best localization teams. In fact, they're second only to NISA. Anyone who disagrees is probably one of those goobergators who hate womyn.

That's nice to know. I love that you have enough THICC skin to handle the autists here.

release some, I mean

Liking exclusively "thicc" women is nigger tier.

Before you ban yourself can you please ban what I don't like first?

He needs to ban all the stuff I don't like, which is all the stuff you like. Stop having shit taste.

Right, right, that's why I prefer exclusively furry women.

Before I ban myself, I wanna ask you guys if you would be comfortable if CM paid me for collecting feedback from anons? I go on /sudo/ once every blue moon and it seems like he's rarely ever there if at all. It's concerning, and I was thinking about approaching him for some extra cash since I sure as hell ain't doing /sudo/ for free. IIRC nu-nu was paid to do exactly that, but he caved under the pressure. I could be wrong.

Through the shit and hate that you get there's always a message somewhere. Be it ban this thing I don't like, or focus on XYZ.

also this THICC meme is killing me, before people could discuss porn without these niggers coming out of the woodwork and being obnoxious as fuck. THICC fags are the furries of the porn community.

FUCKING GAYMERGAYS

t-thanks.

That just makes you a genetic dead end. Sorry you had to find out this way.

Do you think you are special or something?

probably doesn't and he probably won't even give me a job, but they tried that shit with the Jackson faggot, and the guy caved to the pressure. but I worry that there would be some kind of revolt and exodus if I was in such a position. Probably best not to even try, but I want to ask nonetheless.

Good taste.

You mean he couldn't handle the bantz. CM uses the excuse "I'm working on something big", but it's going to be something stupid.

I was trying to be funny, didn't know you actually hated that meme. but… you kinda sealed your fate on the "bully me with the THICC meme" when you went in front of a camera and started screaming like a crazy person while your entire hulking frame covered every inch of the lens.

TRIGGERED

There's a color version?!
SHIT!
POST SAUCE!

exhentai.org/g/1012352/8c6f7c26b4/

YIFF IN HELL, FURFAG

Rabbits are not for fug, they're for hug

I will not be getting a Switch myself. But, and I'm saying despite all the issues, can't help but feel like its still going to be a massive success for Nintendo

I could tell right when the WiiU launched that it was a dead launch. But looking at all the normalfag gaming sites, seeing other people talking about it. There is definitely a mass market appeal somewhere in there. This isn't like the WiiU that looked like some goofy toy that Nintendo had hoped will ride the success of the Wii and failed to market for it and lost third party support for it. The Switch looks like something people might actually want to own, and when I say people I mean people outside of Nintendo fanboys

god bless you good man

The Mass Effect trilogy was a massive success for Bioware as well.

People bitch on Nintendo but they're a great containment system. Wouldn't want any of those gimmicks or games on the PS4 or PC.

pretty much, either way I don't wanna give up Holla Forums, nor do I want them to leave. I already abuse the emergency email that CM set up and use it to request features and tell him when Bui is raiding us. Although I doubt Holla Forums would be comfortable with me doing it in an "official" capacity.

you're right that I sealed my fate, but it doesn't make me wrong.

I swear this is complete and utter bullshit every time I hear it.

False Dilemma fallacy. Also I doubt Ass Effect was that big a success considering EA was notorious for over-inflated marketing budgets back in those days

Harass him to post more on /sudo/ that isn't screeching that just because the files are renamed with md5 hashes or whatever, the 'Save as original filename' function totally isn't broken and you should ignore the fact that it doesn't work.

Doesn't matter, there were plenty of bodies ready to buy that garbage. Here we see plenty of bodies ready to buy that garbage. For fuck's sake, South park is shilling for it now. Nintendo jumped the shark with the wii and they are just being blatant about it now.

Tell him to fix that fork of Overchan (Everychan) which is completely broken, it won't even load the captcha in the app or load videos at all.

Why not both?

Thanks.

polite sage

Will do.

I swear my autism will be the death of me, if not my cake eating habits

what did you mean by this?(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Nigga, are you serious right now?

He dindu muffin. He innocent!

hhehehehehehe

Attached a public ban message to post #11998265: USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST
Removed ban #194605 for fa4fcc5228
Very funny Mark

Mods are not faggots at all for once

What's with the sad panda that makes everyone reply every single time

I gave him a five minute ban

Oh god I missed this
WHY ARE YOU SPOONFEEDING THEM

Poes Law is a real bitch but I think you're rusing me

There is literally nothing wrong with spoonfeeding.

It's a degeneracy test.

So he lurks more next time

Even retards deserve access a good fap user

It's like I dont even know this board anymore

Not exactly something you learn from lurking if nobody ever talks about how to access the site.
Not that I care about poorly drawn pron enough to even bother googling it.

Is it bad that this thread was so shit it took hentai discussion to bring it back on track?

Feels bad, man.

Nigger thats the oldest bait and the most effective for some reason. Also I never get banned when I used it, guess whatever hotpocket is in here now must be a gigantic weeb

The most believable shitposts are the ones that are set up like genuine posts. I hope they were shitposting.

It was the faggot mod that spoonfed him, not us

;^)

Shit guys, did you know that Trump is going to run for president?!

There's no way he's going to win.

No shit, did you also know I ate an entire cake once?

This bait is low quality.

YOU AT THE WHOLE FUCKING THING YOU FAT FUCK, GOD DAMN THIS STILL ENRAGES ME TO NO END FOR SOME GOD DAMN REASON. FUCK I WANTED A TASTE OF THAT ICE CREAM CAKE!

Ah fuck didnt see it was you. You should stop buying cakes with the board money, we wouldnt want to lose Our goy

What's the name of this comic?

What does the fox say.
Seriously.

I'm pretty sure Nintendo was always trying gimmicky stuff even before the NES.
Light gun & DDR carpet, a camera & a printer for Gameboy, a mouse for the SNES, a super stupid Electronic Card reader for the Advance… oh, and the fucking stupid GBA-GC cable. Remember 4-Swords Adventures?

The Rumble Pack for the N64 controllers worked great, though.
The WiiMote with Motion Plus finally allowed you to move your sword properly in Skyward Sword, which would have been great if the game had been released at Wii's launch.

Don't forget that they already dried the amiibo kikery in the form of e-reader cards. The goyim were too smart back then and they had to scrap the e-reader and bide their time. Seems like it worked.

E-Cards suck. Amiibo figures have value even if you don't have a Nintendo console.

I like to spoonfeed just to trigger faglords who believe their super precious secret knowledge should be kept hidden from normalfags.

I hate what Holla Forums has become. Do I need to remind you of the QUALITY of their 50 cent moldings with a cheap rfid shoved in it?

If you look at them from far enough away they look great :^)

Granted making more detailed figures makes them look like shit, but I believe they were originally never intended to move past the Mario & Co. bunch, and those characters are simple enough to look good with that build quality.

Do you even listen to yourself?

Delicious. This is biodrone level irony.

smh tbh fam

After seeing those figures, I wish I was blind. :^)

I don't disagree, but remember that Nintendo has the most PR Cucked Shillbase ever.

I think most people saw the fact that the Switch was going to bomb a mile away but Nintendo-normalfags I see were all super hyped about that the underpowered 2.5-hour tablet with a shitty tiny controller that hooks up to the TV.

Seriously, that analog placement alone is enough never to look at it twice. Not to mention the $70 price tag and size of the thing. It's like half the size of the Gameboy Micro.

I'm not even hating on it too much, I think this sort of thing could have been really popular in a better economic climate, kinda like Jukeboxes were in the 80s and early 90s.

The problem with the Switch, aside from it capturing the worst of portables and the worst of non-portables, is the retard decisions with the software, controllers, and things of that nature.

I'll just wait for the emulator to come out.

It's ARM so you'd need to port the functions all over to x86/x64 for that to work (HLE).

Would be a great effort.

come on man…

So what happens when neglectful parents and spics let their kids carry it out like they do with their 3DS and the thing inevitably breaks into a thousand pieces?

Will Nintendo repair be able to keep up or will they have to spend another $299.99MSRP on a brand new set of peripherals?

The browser is an entrypoint to running rogue code. I'm guessing they are admitting they too dumb to lockdown their systems and just decided to gut it like a fish, instead. Not that it will work, but yeah.

Might as well bring along a TV set, too.

Nintendo should have partnered with Goodsmile and made Nintendo nendos (could be that smaller nendo series that I forgot the name) with the chips. But I guess they were too jewish to do that.

If the trend holds up, maybe we'll actually get some good games like we used to.

one of these costs $70

That's some high caliber bait.