Where can I get Play Station 2 games for cheap?

Recently I've dusted off my old Play Station 2, and I've discovered there's a ton of games that I've never played before that I want to play. However, game stores in the UK don't actually sell PS2 games any more.
You'd think that would mean ps2 games would be incredibly cheap to buy, but that's not the case. If you go online, they're usually still around £15-30 pre-owned, some cheeky cunts on Amazon even charging up to £100.

I need a way to get PS2 games at their real value (cheap as fuck). I hate leaving the house, but if that's the only way I can get cheap PS2 games then so be it.

Other urls found in this thread:

uk.webuy.com/search/index.php?stext=*§ion=&catid=403
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

the internet

Stick a hard drive in it. You can soft mod the system with it and play games straight from it.

The cheapest you can get.
Jokes aside, try CeX.

Where abouts?

I'm not really good at that kind of stuff. I think I'd probably just break it. Also I like owning physical copies.

emulate

Garage sales/yard sales, keep a close eye on online sales with collections of games, the whole nine yards. Alternatively other anons' recommendations of sticking an IDE drive in a fat PS2, or replacing disk-flap on a skinny one and getting that SwapMagic thing going. That'd let you keep "physical copies" via burned DVDs.

user if I gave you my way of getting cheap Ps2 games in the UK I would completely fuck myself.
so far I've spent 20 quid and gotten around 40 classics for the ps2, why would I ever give away my secret and risk for someone to steal away all the shit I want to buy?

Help a brother out user! I doubt we're even in the same side of the country so it shouldn't harm you at all. I'm from the Cotswolds.

I use Jewbay and try to nab unpopular auctions to snatch games for cheap and I try to avoid any games with the scalper's seal of approval. Last year, I bought a complete SkyGunner for $10.

emuparadise, coolrom etc
Come the fuck on fam.

buy a good pc and emulate
alternatively stick a modchip in your ps2 and play burned games

why even post if your not gonna tell anybody anything you attention whoring nigger

gimme an email and I'll send it to you

As I've said, I just want to buy some games. I don't want to emulate or mod my ps2.

If you just want some cheap games not necessarily the best games for the system try estarland. Just make sure you read the descriptions of the item. Some listings are just for a CD or instruction manual.

what the fuck is that webm

Check lot sales on ebay and if theres a craigslist equivalent in the uk, use that. You'll find a lot of good lots for cheap prices and you'll get duplicates you can resell individually. Dont worry if theres a lot of sports shit or guitar hero shit, you can still get some decent pick ups.

Also get y/pb/pr or rgb cables for your ps2. Good boost in quality.

ps2 on hd tvs looks fucking awful, at least the way I play upclose and widescreen.

It really doesn't.
So many games have HDTV support out of the box and look really good.

the only game I played so far that looked like absolute shit on HDTV was Okami, which is too bad because it's one of the games I want to play the most.

Yes, you really need a crt for it, there's so few progressive scan games too it barely matters if you use superior rgb cables.

Still, anything is better than composhit, and component rca is st least a decently supported alternative.

I have a ten year old copy of FFX I'll sell you for 45 dollars.

fuck u

Hmm the only component cable I have is an Energizer PDP PL-9924. It's for multiple systems including ps3, but you can put in the ps2 no problem.

Also the only crt (?) I have is this fucking massive I art pro jvc

Sounds perfect.

I have no idea if its good or not. I don't know shit about crts, maybe I'll just head over to /vr/

I'm a bit of a hobbyist/enthusiast for CRT, feel free to ask any questions, I'll keep the thread open.

Generally you'll want a CRT with rgb scart or component rca-in for PS2. This gives you a better picture, and because the vast majority of the PS2 library is 480i, and LCDs can't display interlaced images, so they need to go through a deinterlacing process and a native resolution scaling process which adds lots and lots of lag to the experience. There are some 480p games and some widescreen 1080i games, but these are few and far between and it's not proper 1920x1080i, it's 640x1080i.

I have a bang and olufsen avant crt tv that i use for games. Looks great.

Is the PS2 a fat model? If it is, then softmodding it shouldn't take long.

Most PS2 games theses days are still in the $1-20 range locally where I live, though of course, depending on what you're looking for/are into playing, you might have to pay more. PS2 games have been going up slowly though; thankfully not as fast as the Gamecube did, but isn't as cheap as the Xbox's library these days.

If you've got a fat model, you can set up an IDE drive to run downloaded PS2 ISOs that you've installed on it. I like to have my own copies of games myself, but it makes a good way to avoid the region lock, play fan-translated games, and play the really expensive stuff without forking over fistfuls of cash.

Where I am, Gamestop drove out practically all of their local preowned vidya competition (places like Best Buy, Walmart, and multimedia shops they can't harm due to the mixed focus), to the point I have to go into the surrounding towns to find independent used game stores. Due to that, when they stop stocking for a system, it creates an artificial scarcity locally as there's that much fewer places to buy/sell/trade them into, and the places that are still around that do are usually all too happy to increase prices to make up for the lack of availability. As far as sixth gen goes, it's mostly hit the Gamecube hard, and a handful of PS2 games have gone up quite a bit, though the bulk remain reasonable.

If you want an idea, try scouting your local multimedia stores, if you have any. The ones out my way don't seem to really know the value of what they get in. While they charge WAY too much at times, other times they charge way too little, and I can manage a really good pick up every so often. Especially for the PS2.

How you would break it? Are you a caveman or literally retarded?

Try the reseller shops like Cex or local charity shops (aim for the ones that aren't part of one of the larger organised charities or the ones in the poorer parts of wherever you are). I go to both regularly for cheap PC games (literally 50p each) and they always have large collections of PS2 games for sale.

uk.webuy.com/search/index.php?stext=*§ion=&catid=403
It'll be cheaper to go in person though and there are other companies around doing it. Alternatively stop being retarded and learn to softmod/emulate.

B&O made some solid sets. The later models had digital processing, but they were a premium european series.

what's the verdict on the HDMI output of the original back compat fat PS3s? I'd assume it's better than PS2 on component, but I heard that the PS2 does some weird things and is actually better in interlaced mode.

FreeMCBoot + a stack of DVD-R's.

You're welcome.

Are you talking about "Antique" shop past Quinton?