/aog/ - Attorney Online General

In short: It's multiplayer Ace Attorney.
AO is a virtual chatroom/courtroom mix which we use to perform improvised AA-like trials, Civil Cases, Class Trials, Jury Cases and more! Choose from a wide selection of AA characters (and guest characters), pick a position (Defence, Prosecution, Judge, Witness, etc.) and dive into a whirlwind of logic, banter, theories and memes.

Come join us on our server:
Attorney Online Vidya (Dedicated)

docs.google.com/document/d/1ihsVxLVarPMPgGcU4W81CQyv3gPkLvS63GK7k0N78Qw/edit?pref=2&pli=1

docs.google.com/document/d/1gwg1AVZPlPAFy3aWAW28e9lH1vjIk4d8jOt3mChoy74/edit#

Streams typically run in the evening, US time. You can also check out recordings of previous cases via lawfuldickish on twitch.

Alternatively, you can look through our Case Archive to find completed documents and recordings of cases:
ace-attorney-vidya.wikia.com/wiki/Case_Archives

drive.google.com/open?id=0B1A-2r36taNbZEM5Q3dGVXFIZnc

tiny.cc/getao2

>Little handy guide to changing the layout of AO2: tiny.cc/AO2modfying

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/document/d/1kejLF_wc1acWxRrImDOYsULcIJCkJ66DXwJG6G02sJ4/edit#heading=h.reip6bf0hcn3
strawpoll.me/12446638
docs.google.com/document/d/164oR3aZVx9VKU5kbRX41xtRbQcAOSIoGMmRlwt-NbFQ
tiny.cc/AOVnewbieguide
docs.google.com/document/d/1CuduJm723hEVhPnxHl0n16BJ9scASwyH_8TzV4d-TjU/edit?usp=sharing
docs.google.com/document/d/13TbN8ZI0Bg_iYvlT6Kg9GE_DKm7n9wEqASu_c__qxTc/edit
docs.google.com/document/d/1NleyNeGuxiWxKfMZTSi9OHjFZAROkFyXn1uhj6oGD3I/edit#heading=h.n7z2izsddr4k
tiny.cc/getao2
docs.google.com/document/d/1YDlzipx6h8Dkuh8GtK2LqPfpSPA3QJqD8UAMFcjpcyU/edit
mega.nz/#!5AJlAbLS!qidwCC7sMN2RnX_PyOzvAtBmENAIZDN2rvt9U4aEkWY
mega.nz/#!oc4TWR5C!7aDfxLE4MAvqJwyTSOF74isgktrNJYZH40sLRB1d-yo
mega.nz/#!hUBCCKIa!0w7onWofnHCvSX0ApVKRlSY7_J4LASn1zGgfjFtIPX0
drive.google.com/open?id=0B4dQDyD6lIZ6Mm9SU1FBQ3Q5SVE
drive.google.com/file/d/0B4dQDyD6lIZ6TzFOeHU1U2Y1ekU/view
drive.google.com/file/d/0B4dQDyD6lIZ6bTlmYllZMFFpWUU/view
docs.google.com/document/d/1okv54CLZTm63cUiF4fEaxQrEYYi1llIr_R64d-bgwA4/edit
drive.google.com/file/d/0B_S0wgZdscAiQkRXMVozZWFaMHM/view
docs.google.com/document/d/1i34KjrbcsdJAgsB4sZy2VvNWYxU2ZKKwB_nJ6iJILTs/edit
docs.google.com/document/d/1xBuFI5aD8B_NzXg52Imosuiggtp6UWf5Lu5l2rsYBNs/edit#heading=h.no6sdurmbc5
ace-attorney-vidya.wikia.com/wiki/Judge
docs.google.com/document/d/13t9K2P-0YKZHGeHfYsjBiRMnbB0L_kvZLM3LGtxNKT4/edit
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

So is anyone building a case or what?

The server is fucking dead.

Or you fucks could just switch rooms and see that there is a active case going on.

The server crashed and is offline now, blame Lewdton drinking habits.

Yeah just realized that after my post.

Is the server still ded?

Rip in piece serb

Server is RIP, everyone panic.

Serb was still alive when OP made the thread however

It's back alive! Sorry! Check for the AOV backup in the server list!

Go and play mafia, my man, even if you have the perfect amount of people to even start a case. :^)

We're building a inflation fetish case.

Kill me.

I would gladly mercy kill you right now.

bumpu since the server is pretty alive right now

When will we get good witnesses?

Next update is most likely replacing every single ini so ao2.2.3 doesn't have too slow/fast preanims while turning 1.8 useless.

So, save your custom inis somewhere so you can copy&paste the emotions and sounds.

Remember to take others on reasonable wild rides.

Loli funk-bots are perfectly reasonable.

Another reminder that you should listen to the songs the detective supplied you. :^)

Anybody got a (((CASE?))) tonight? One area is building but they're actually full. I couldn't believe it.

sups are open tbh

So much rude matrix.

UNGH. WE MAKE CAVE CASE. NEED MAN. CAVEROOM 4.

DARK AGE OF THE LAW

Just when I thought everyone on AOV was full on maximum autismo already, this happens. Never change, Attorney Online.

Good case guys, we thrown the evil Namu into the firepit. Here's the link for those who missed out:

docs.google.com/document/d/1kejLF_wc1acWxRrImDOYsULcIJCkJ66DXwJG6G02sJ4/edit#heading=h.reip6bf0hcn3

I was shitposting about a different case, where I successfully put Matt "I did it" Engarde behind bars.

Holy shit, I'm actually kind of jelly of you guys, this seems like it was a ton of fun.

Don't you dare turnabout on me, thread.

Thread, don't die on me, damn it!

daily reminder to those we lost

/r/ing the press 'f' to pay respect larry image.

strawpoll.me/12446638 Please vote on whether or not the update should be AO2 or AO1.8 focused.

If it hasn't been stated yet, the update is now available.

Update is now available, if it hasn't been stated already.

Update is now available by the way.

Hell Format, Jury Case, AAI, all happening in 3 areas. AO is alive again?

Expect Hosonaga to be done by this update.

Was there an update?

Post waifus.

Yeah, check the download docs.

Expect to get black footage of DD characters soon, since we made a development regarding that. SOJ is still a relative unknown, though.

I hope I didn't miss out too much. You glorious fucking faggots.

You missed out on a Grossmeme successfully indicting Wit 1 due to detective's findings.

That was one of my first cases. One of the first cases I saw Gregory in. I was his co-def, playing Apollo defending himself but suffering from amnesia. Trucy's magic panties lead to a pocket dimension.

Pretty good introduction to AOV.

How to I get into this wacky ass shit?

First: Lurk.

Second: Plan.

Third: Contract Autism.

Read the newbie guide, dumbo
tiny.cc/AOVnewbieguide

It may be good for you to watch a case or two to get into the whole thing before going into your first case. Don't be afraid to ask people, we won't bite. At least I won't.

Oh yeah, I was Chiaki that case. Shit was hilarious.

There is now a doc for AO2 courtroom templates. Feel free to add your own templates to the doc, or if you like, take the good ones for yourself!
docs.google.com/document/d/1CuduJm723hEVhPnxHl0n16BJ9scASwyH_8TzV4d-TjU/edit?usp=sharing

reminder

docs.google.com/document/d/13TbN8ZI0Bg_iYvlT6Kg9GE_DKm7n9wEqASu_c__qxTc/edit
A new update is out, casers/shitposters!

you fags need to stop shitting out updates every 5 minutes, or at least make it so I can easily tell which update I got last was. I don't know if I'm 6 updates behind or 8.

2 weeks and sometimes 1*

ahlbi in the next update

Good to hear. Havent played in forever due to family and how fucking busy i am, but i got a night to myself (out of town for business training) coming up and can finally try a full goddam case.

Damn that case was fun

How hard have you memed a case up?
docs.google.com/document/d/1NleyNeGuxiWxKfMZTSi9OHjFZAROkFyXn1uhj6oGD3I/edit#heading=h.n7z2izsddr4k
I was Rise.

Nahyuta from the church case here, anyone claiming they are me in the 4chan thread are impostors, I am IP range banned from there and unwilling to pay 20 bucks to post

anyone who plays a dangit ronpaul character or most females needs to be gassed because they are all faggots.

gas the dangans
ace war now

My…. Wife died in the great Dangan war. Many non-AA characters were lost. I still remember even after 20 long, harsh years. The only friend of I've kept is the ol' whiskey flask. Sometimes when I wake up, I can still see her there, laying next to me. And she'd whisper gently into my ear… No fun allowed

I'm sorry you've had a bad experience with dangan players. But remember, there's no such thing as a bad character, just a bad player. Join me on my theme cases, we're doing a British themed Jury case next week. It'll be >fun

REMOVE DANGAN remove dangan

BUMP IT

Where the fuck did the server go?

The only Dangans I've seen are:

Server is gone, at the moment. Lewdton's not around to start the server back up.

Does someone else in this community like Precure?

If you're wondering, the server is still ding dong downnu. It may be more than 4 hours before we can finally get some response. As usual, [citation needed], so do not take my estimate as an absolute. F to pay respects to the casers who had the server crash on them the moment they started their case.

The backup server is now up. Sorry for the inconvenience.

The server is back up!

A wild ride that turned out not how I expected.

The asspull Larry did was fucked up. So far I've rarely seen cases that turned out the way those who planned it expected it would.

I found it pretty hilarious, just not what I was aiming for. It still turned out pretty well despite it.

It was hilarious, I just never expected it. It came out of fucking nowhere.

so this happened

On todays episode of Ghetto Means Disproves the Holocaust

Do you even have a shred of evidence to back that up?
One person already got banned for it. :^)

that man was banned for spamming, not disproving the holocaust.
They had evidence, arguments, witnesses and even asspulls. Disproving the holocaust was a case.

I'll believe it because of the Hitler dubs.

Why is she so perfect?

Of course Armie Buff is perfect, why wouldn't she be?

AO 2.2.5 is out.
tiny.cc/getao2
Again, be sure to vote on the strawpolls too.
docs.google.com/document/d/1YDlzipx6h8Dkuh8GtK2LqPfpSPA3QJqD8UAMFcjpcyU/edit

There are PLvsPW characters besides Layton in this, right?

((case?))

what

The important ones are in at the very least

It's a meme you dip (granted an AO meme)

Barnham, Darklaw, Espella. That's pretty much it.

"Whoops"

FUCK YEAR
no Jean though? Shame, she's best girl

PLvsAA has proven very daunting to rip, since

There's a test server up for the new AO2 version, please try and break shit on it.

"

AO 2.3 is now out, and it should fix the bugs you mentioned.

Sincere thanks to everyone who worked on Ahlbi, and a sincere sorry for the way the debut unfolded.

His elbow bothers me.

Server has now been updated, and custom objections and flip are now a thing. Tell a friend.

This can only end well

Well, Eurekaposting is back.

the download hasn't been updated in a while, if anyone's new or hasn't updated in a while please use mega.nz/#!5AJlAbLS!qidwCC7sMN2RnX_PyOzvAtBmENAIZDN2rvt9U4aEkWY it has everything up until the most recent update added and gets rid of all of the traces of those megafailures.

Does that mean the sound, or the graphic, or both?

Because for a while I've thought it would be cool to be able to switch between the Japanese and English voices. Especially for the AAI2 characters that have those shitty English Objections.

if you don't want to download all of it at once because slow internet use mega.nz/#!oc4TWR5C!7aDfxLE4MAvqJwyTSOF74isgktrNJYZH40sLRB1d-yo it has everything but the music then when you want the music download mega.nz/#!hUBCCKIa!0w7onWofnHCvSX0ApVKRlSY7_J4LASn1zGgfjFtIPX0 remember folders go base_sounds_music

you get one button that plays custom.gif and custom.wav in the character's folder you're using. if I have now so fast as lang's custom and you have amamina as his custom, you see and hear amamina while I see and hear not so fast.

finally google mirrors if mega doesn't work for you
full game: drive.google.com/open?id=0B4dQDyD6lIZ6Mm9SU1FBQ3Q5SVE
musicless game: drive.google.com/file/d/0B4dQDyD6lIZ6TzFOeHU1U2Y1ekU/view
the music: drive.google.com/file/d/0B4dQDyD6lIZ6bTlmYllZMFFpWUU/view

We will be preparing a new full download after the next update (possibly). Removing all of the flip folders, and useless folders.

I said the ones who have the shitty ones, which does not include Ray. I was speaking more for Knightley and Simon Keyes, since we already threw away Gregory's awful English one. It would also be nice to use Calisto Yew's Japanese one since hers isn't much better.

I swear to whatever cosmic entity is out there if I see a single megafolder in that full download the one responsible is going to have some sort of equivalent of the total inconvenience they caused as a result.

This is the official full download. So expect it to be thoroughly checked.

what case was that.

being official isn't the best thing to cite for not having botches, remember a couple updates ago where the official one was so bad other people had to help make their own? mine are not official but you can certain that they don't have any mega folders in it.

The issue is, we are naming folders according to [Name] [Series]
e.g. AAI Gregory to Gregory AAI
Your full download also still contains flip versions.

Anyway, we've changed the links and updated the documents for the suggestions and strawpolls doc. Please take a look, as we won't be looking at the old suggestions and strawpolls doc from now on.

bad timing on my part then but for now mine is what someone get when they download the curret full game and all the update but doesn't need to download 7 thing and fixes and merge themself, that is already done. if they want to get in right this is fastest way

Understandable, but I appreciate the effort put into helping with newfriends get into the game without downloading a million different things. The mods have put off making a new download for a while because of the whole moving to AO2 fiasco. So, on their behalf, I apologize for not informing earlier.

This Friday(31/03) at about 6pm EST the mod exam will take place.

A server will be put up and we encourage people to get together and prepare a case for what will be torture for the steno.

There will be two phases to test the mod applicants. A "nature" phase where a few specific players participating in the trial will begin causing trouble and ruckus from inside, to the point when moderator action will be required.
In the "apocalypse" phase, anyone in the server will be allowed to storm in the case and break any rules they want to disrupt it. During this, the applicant will be judged on how they are able to control worst case scenarios.

More information here: docs.google.com/document/d/1okv54CLZTm63cUiF4fEaxQrEYYi1llIr_R64d-bgwA4/edit

Botchapalooza, this Friday the 24th!

Free my nigga hugmeme

Am I allowed to crash the server with no survivors?

Well, yes. You can do whatever you want. Break any rules, but try to not literally crash the server.

Anything except docbomb since that's out of the mod's hands so they wouldn't learn anything from it.

Okay. Got it. :^)

BEEG Susan is the cutest

A kind soul has volunteered to hold a few sessions if you want help in witnessing etc. at 1:30PM EST tomorrow. If you want to get some help and improve, feel free to drop by in Area 5(tentative, subject to change). Just be around at that time.

The deppilF Update is out!

Important changes are removing of flipped characters as AO2 can now handle that and renaming the AAI characters to Name AAI

Also a reminder that the Mod Exam is tomorrow and will start around 6PM EST, we will need the best of the best shitposters and I'm sure you won't disappoint me.

Full details here:

If you have any questions please don't hesitate to contact me on the mod discord!

A hotfix for Greg has been added, please check the download doc.
drive.google.com/file/d/0B_S0wgZdscAiQkRXMVozZWFaMHM/view

Reminder that the Mod Exam is TODAY and will start around 6PM EST. When the mod exam server goes up, a case will be quickly brainstormed in the usual manner and people will be chosen to shitpost during the first phase and then during the second phase anyone is able to shitpost and cause havoc.

Full details here:

Cute!

My "improvements" in the current case.

Playing lead pro Sebby shouldn't be this hard.

Hey man. I wasn't meant to cuck you that much. I just was trying to help.

Is /aog/ a special exception to shunning them?

No, shun them more.

Mafia when

Playing lead pro Sebastian seems to invite literally everyone in the courtroom to shit on the prosecution bench. I've had it happen to me, it wasn't fun.

God, no. The halfchan thread is constant shitposting and whining about namefags and posting the same screencaps over and over. Sometimes someone makes a really fucking retarded suggestion, like the time a guy made Shovel Knight sprites and insisted he be added for some dumbfuck reason, and you can't even call them out on being so stupid because the mods will ban you for being too mean.

Also Mafia is a cancer and if you want to play it go join an IRC chat and jerk off somewhere else.

I half do it to spite you at this point. The way my current work and sleep schedule is, I barely, if ever, have time to case. No skin off my bones to idle in an area with the status changed and a doc set up if it makes you foam at the mouth.

Congrats on being content with being a parasite then.

bepis

[x] Bully

Who is cutest mod?

Mikotoba.

Everything you posted is alright, except the part abouts mods banning you for being too mean.

Go outside.

Post more you faggot.
Also, server's down for now. Will be back up soon.

Someone make this one please and record it

I started that thread. Will try to start this.

Someone already did a case based off of it. I think it was this case which ended in fucking memes.
docs.google.com/document/d/1i34KjrbcsdJAgsB4sZy2VvNWYxU2ZKKwB_nJ6iJILTs/edit

The temp server is up and online. You'll need to input the server address into your serverlist.ini located in your directory/client/base.

Open up "Serverlist" and add "71.54.53.182:27017:Anongrill's Vidya Bombshelter" without quotes

The temp server is up and online. You'll need to input the server address into your serverlist.ini located in your directory/client/base.

Open up "Serverlist" and add "71.54.53.182:27017:Anongrill's Vidya Bombshelter" without quotes

Apologies for the long delay. It should be much shorter next time (if I'm around)

Server is back up.

OH FUCK DID THE SERVER GO DOWN

It did, FUCK.
Bellboy here, hope I carried my weight.

Where's the case recording of the DUDE NO HOPE LMAO case?

What's the name of the case? I could try and find it for you.

bepis

pebis

The Spring Cleaning Update is out!
Please read the readme attached, there have been a number of folders that have emotes in them that are deleted.
Get the update here:
docs.google.com/document/d/1xBuFI5aD8B_NzXg52Imosuiggtp6UWf5Lu5l2rsYBNs/edit#heading=h.no6sdurmbc5

pebis

You're all nerds!

Server up?

whew, in a coma for 4 days

just like real life

I want to hug_ boxautist

yeah

Should the update be tomorrow or next week?

Are there bench trials? I would dig being judge in a bench trial. Juries need not apply.

Bench trial? You mean the normal ones? Also Prosecution Defense and Witnesses? If so, yeh.

There's two kinds of trials, bench and jury.
Almost all criminal cases are jury cases, but a plaintiff can elect for a bench or a jury trial in a civil case.
A bench trial is distinct in that there is no jury to provide a verdict, and thus the judge fulfills this role in addition to his usual duties.
Plaintiff and Defendant are always present in every court case, and both sides should always call witnesses and provide evidence.
Also, the most common
OBJECTION
(From a list of actual objections in court)
In Ace Attorney seems to be assuming facts not in evidence, though from clips they just blurt out contrasting evidence without stating the actual objection.
Protip: There's at least 9 different reasons you can use to shut your opponent up.

I have no idea how AA works though. Not a lawfag either, but it interested me for a bit so I learned about it.

To be fair, my only experience with AA is watching dialogue (That didn't matter to the case at all) for thirty straight minutes with no choices whatsoever, getting bored, and quitting, because I encountered 0 gameplay. I forget what platform it was on. Might have been a free one on mobile. Mobile is obviously shit but I thought it would at least tempt me to go find a decent AA game.

Going through the reference doc and the quickstart guide and I see nothing on being the judge, so I must ask:
-what can I do
-how do I do it

Walk me through an average case from the judge's perspective. (short greentext story is fine.) It seems that the regular players wander around the areas collecting evidence. Which may or may not be actual Ace Attorney gameplay, I wouldn't know from my experience.
Assumedly they then go to court and stop wandering, at which point the judge calls court into session and the cases are presented.
Probably could also be filled in on how AA gameplay actually works SEEING AS HOW I'VE NEVER ENCOUNTERED ANY HAH HAH HAH

inb4 spoonfeeding. Do you want a quality judge, or not? I'll just as happily piss off but this sounds like fun.

Just join the server, it will be so much better to explain you there.

All AA trials are bench CRIMINAL trials, unless it is SPECIFICALLY the jury trial format. We have both, but bench trials is the most common. Judges are responsible for keeping the flow of the case and keeping both benches from memeing too heavily.

ALL CIVIL CASES are bench trials, however. Do not expect to run civil cases, as they are an extremely rare format nowadays.

Like I mentioned, most trials on AOV would be the criminal+bench trial variety. Jury cases, and civil cases, are few and far in between, but they are still done. Just don't expect it to be done just as often.

The easiest way is to just come here and go through trial by fire.

Of course, I literally ignored your question about judging, forgive me. Quickstart guide is not meant for the ins and outs of a case, just as it states, QUICKLY starting the game.

ace-attorney-vidya.wikia.com/wiki/Judge
This is a good guide on how a judge usually handles a case, and there is actually no "wandering about", unless it is specifically HELL FORMAT. HELL FORMAT is one where the players actually have to have an investigation day to go around looking for evidence before going into trial, similar to the games. HELL FORMAT is rarely run because it can take an upwards of 10 hours to complete. However, the STANDARD cases already have the evidence on hand. They only take on average 5-6 hours to complete. So there is no exploring whatsoever, unless it is an INVESTIGATIONS case. INVESTIGATIONS is a full-on adventure mystery game with no trial and a more freeform version where you can explore at will.

To summarize, standard cases have no wandering about. There are no choices, everything is improv, everything has to come from your own mind. Arguments, theories, contradictions, all are done in an improv fashion.

Is the mobile port really so bad they didn't even include cross examinations?

Thank you. Top quality post. A pepe and a (you) for you.

Couple more questions before I download and join a/the server as you and suggest.

-How long does a case last on average? Is it multiple nights in a row, or is it a nice 1 hour average runtime or less? 2 Hours is fine too.

-What is the likelyhood of becoming judge? Does someone just volunteer, or is a selection made?

-Watching/playing trial and error is fine, and fun, but as a potential player almost exclusively looking to play judge, it would be nice to see a list of all the things I can do. Documentation is fine, I don't mind reading.
The main thing I would bring in if it does not already exist in AO would be a list of formal types of objections. Lawyer would
OBJECTION
state the actual objection from the list, and provide additional information if required. Judge then decides and slaps somebody in the face with a SIT DOWN.
You don't have to read your objection like a robot either, just mention that your opponent is a lying shit and there's no evidence for that, or that he's leading the witness outside of a cross-examination.

All in all, sounds good. Will take a look at the downloads when I get back to my main PC. If I sound like I'm going to be stiff, I just want to provide a better experience for the players.

-5-6 hours on average.
-Whoever signs up on the document first will become the judge.
-I already posted the wikia above, sorry for not stating earlier.
-Like I said, AOV is a full-on improv server, all OBJECTIONS come straight from you. There are no choices. The best kinds of contradictions come from those where you are supported with evidence. So blatantly stating that your opponent is a liar isn't enough, and you may be due to get a penalty from the judge.

Depends. Some can go around 4 hours or less. General average is around 5. It depends who you're playing with.
Bad cases can go much longer.

You can sign up for any open position before a case starts. Just pick a character then put that character name in the position slot. Anyone can be any role with any character.

See that wiki link

Best thing is to just join in.

Usually anywhere between four to eight hours. You have to really make room in your schedule for this.
It's a fairly uncommon role but it's generally first come first served sort of deal.
We usually keep a court doc for everyone written by the stenographer. Just type in /doc in the OOC chat and you'll get the link. Just hope like hell you don't get AdamBlue as your steno. We still love him.

I highly recommend keeping a notepad if you're on either bench or on the stand as you'll want to keep note of things regardless of the doc. Like if you're a defence you'll want to ready up an objection and build a working theory throughout the entire case. Keeping track of this shit for up to eight hours is pretty hard to do. Last piece of advice I can give you is that you are basically on stage for an audience. Don't be afraid to go completely crazy or do something ridiculous. As long as it works within the context of the play chances are everyone will play along. Just don't meme too hard.

It's in the 'Visual Novel' genre for a reason.
Imagine reading a book, and every 30 paragraphs or so it stops and asks "Based on the story so far, what's the error hidden on the previous page?" (Court / Interrogation), or there's several pages of paragraphs you can read in any order, but you can't actually turn to the next chapter until you happen to read every important paragraph. (Investigation)
It sounds barebones, but the games are very good at making you feel like you're in the protagonist's shoes, narrowing down the possibilities and realising the correct answers exactly when you're supposed to. That's the core appeal of playing the Ace Attorney games.
Attorney Online's appeal, then, is taking that careful and rigid structure, and building upon it with the inherent chaos of Real People writing the script in real-time. Nobody knows how far the stories will stray from the author's intent, but the ride will always be wild.

Thanks. That post had not appeared while I was typing , so those questions are answered, thanks.

Yeah, in an actual court case one of the objections is
"assumes facts not in evidence". Basically you can interrupt the opponent for lying, without providing a bunch of statements yourself. If it's noted that the opponent made a statement which isn't supported by previous evidence, they cannot continue making their statement.

After reading the wiki page, it seems like the two sides can just start arguing until the judge shuts them up so I would provide the ability during these arguments to instantly end said argument, or halt the opposition or their witness from making a statement. This from the list of acceptable objections in court.
I'll even turn it into a game mechanic:
You can keep arguing until the judge gets pissed and picks a side or one side admits defeat on that particular issue OR
You can
==I ASSERT THAT== (If during an argument, You can, however, do an OBJECTION with one of the following AS your reason. It'll move things along.)
- You're making assumptions that are not supported by evidence! Provide which statements. This goes for speculations, and making conclusions without an expert witness to make that conclusion. ("I'm an expert electrician, so I can say that this definitely wasn't an electrical fire.")
-Hearsay. An easy one. Just to keep lawyers on their toes.
-Leading the Witness. Because it's so easy to do accidentally. Should mix things up.
-Asked and Answered. (Applies only to the current examination. The next examination/witness the "tally" is reset and you can ask the same question.)
If your assertion/objection is correct, you win the argument and vice-versa. For example, if a lawyer asks a leading question when they aren't supposed to and you object, the witness isn't allowed to answer that question and the lawyer has to move on. (They cannot ask the same question in a slightly different way, because that's asked and answered, even though it was objected.)

Out of about 15, I'll only enforce those 4 strongly in addition to the AA method of objections, for a total of 5.

Well, shit. Judge might be calling a recess, or two, if that's a thing.
I don't on average have 6 hours straight for a game session, especially without interruptions.

Like I said, I have absolutely no idea. It was thirty full minutes of tapping the "a" button with no sign of it ending before I quit.

I got dubs but I messed up the red-text.
kill me now xC

You should try a single case before trying all these out, some players are a bit… finnicky when it comes to things like leading the witness and all. Some people think it's a meme, some people don't. Really, you should try out a standard case before trying all these out. Japanifornian law isn't exactly IRL law, so it shouldn't be 100% the same. Also yes, there's always one short recess after the first wit, usually.

But what if I'm unable to attend due to catastrophic sides collapse because everything this game says is so full of kek?

NC go back home

Define short.
I meant scheduling another time/session to finish or continue the case, while anons go do something else.
I'd prefer 2 hour blocks. The recesses would also be useful for the benches to consolidate their arguments.

I'd even run a HELL FORMAT if anons wanted it so long as I could break it into smaller chunks.

I could just instead go 98% derp and let players just play, which does sound more fun. Taking this way too seriously previously. Have since read MOAR wiki. I won't take any shit though, I AM the law.
As long as anons do what I say I'll let them go at each other's throats.

Really the only thing I'm genuinely worried about is having to sit there for too long of a period.
Obligations go away bleh.

Rescheduling…? As in holding the case on another day? It isn't done often. It's usually one full chunk at one go. By short, I mean like a 15min break usually before court reconvenes again for the second half. It's not recommended because the same people won't always be around for the next session.

Whoever's building these cases needs to watch more perry mason.

Right.
Well that shatters my hopes and dreams of being THE LAW.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
The continuous length is a bit of a deal breaker for me, although I do understand your point.

t.

Anyone know where I could go to for altering Virtue's Last Reward (PC) to both have only a black background and the text to not be in the way?

I was the Susato in basement that talked to you the other time, and it looks like it's a lot harder than it looks to get into the PC version. I'd venture into romhacking the 3DS, since it looks essentially the same. I'll need more testing.

What if you don't actually have the 3DS version of the game? Do I just need to get the 3DS files and use that?

You could still download the client and hang around and watch autists be autists anyway.

To be onest I'm not sure you would have enjoyed it much as it's based on the games' formula, which is in turn based on a wacky version of the Japanese court system, which is pretty fucked up IRL. The games (and this game) are like a series of logic puzzles than actual lawyering.

I would recommend playing them though if you're into logic. There's six games on the DS, easy to emulate, and two more on the 3DS.

What do you mean by "don't have the 3DS version of the game"? I have a hacked 3DS, I'm sure I could make things work somehow. Of course, it all hinges on me and one other person, and as it stands we're quite busy dealing with DGS. But if I have free time, I'll definitely look into messing with VLR.

The Leftover Update is now out!
Be sure to read the readmes before applying the updates.
docs.google.com/document/d/13t9K2P-0YKZHGeHfYsjBiRMnbB0L_kvZLM3LGtxNKT4/edit

Is there a reason you guys don't just automatically include the "hotfixes" in the main update? Having to grab multiple separate downloads just to get the full thing is annoying.

Cause they're idiots who don't use mega or any other services that allow them to update the main file without fucking reuploading the entire thing.

People have complained about Mega a lot. Shit like bandwidth issues and the like. You can also update files on GDrive, mind you, but it takes up extra space if you just update the files, and someone is already paying money to host the update files. The full download itself was taking up 12GB of the host's space until it was reupdated today.

Page 14 is a dangerous place to be, y'know.

Who are those twoon the right?

Are you serious?

WEW laddie