Main Topics for to discuss

Don't forget get out of here stalker

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=V_-fba2hBG4
bitbucket.org/xarshi/warfare/wiki/Home#!home
bitbucket.org/Darryl123/call-of-chernobyl-official-addons/commits/all
mega.nz/#!FENTRajQ!cGzv8PPVzJ9M2gnHS-ajIdQYHMTunm1LC8MszDL3iQw
metacognix.com/stlkrsoc/),
mega.nz/#!sEEGAaYR!NsO77tqfMua2MVEdp0-1USXTobFFpqdxxu64Duz4Xjw)
please
moddb.com/mods/ray-of-hope-co-op-online
moddb.com/mods/call-of-chernobyl/addons/displaying-units-like-in-clear-sky#downloadsform
youtube.com/watch?v=yH6kThcj5EU)
moddb.com/mods/repair-kits-revamped
youtube.com/watch?v=s0VJa3HmsJQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I bet you are Soros bitch, ya? You shit on glorious Kalash and me and my buddy Boris beat you to death with buttstock. See who shit tier now, blyat.

Why do good things never last

It's stable as fuck, what kind of shitty, broken addons are you using?

Stalker isn't good, the gun mechanics are a joke, the story is a primitive URG MUTANTS AND ZOMBIES, The character AI is fucking retarded and this is just a Nostalgia jerk off. Get a life.

Slavshit confirmed for shit tier cheeki breeki gopniks like you. Choke on your tracksuit smattered shit gun you fucking blyat.

Name any game that is better.

DOOM

Fallout 4 is the better 'Mutants, Bandits and Radiation' game.

it's not open world and the AI isn't as smart though

Ackshually I was being hyperbolic bro. (For to have get stalkers in here with an intentionally provokative OP)

My main issue wasn't crashing so much as balance of the CoC mod and getting smaller faction war mods I was using in conjunction with CoC to work properly.

Seeing as how vendors wouldn't touch anything below 99% condition it made farming up rubles a real bitch. Once I did get that working it felt like CoC suffered from oblivion lost syndrome where it would spawn countless cheeki breeki motherfuckers whenever a zone was reloaded.

I'm not saying the zone should be barren after I rambo my way through it but they shouldn't respawn the second I go to another location.

GET OUT OF HERE STAKLER.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=V_-fba2hBG4

finnbro plz gib details on RoH? :—-DDD

Forever a faggot.

I searched for stalker and I didn't get anything at the time unless some gopnik didn't put stalker in the thread subject line.

warfare for coc is broken as fuck

always spawns enemies inside bases when i go near them the first time on that map

so every time i go to bar a bunch of mercs spawn in the middle of it

retarded shit

i wish there was a proper faction mod where you have to get missions from the leader where you basically become a grunt that follows orders. shit like go out on patrol across this area or take these men and clear out these mutants and then your faction actually moves in and takes it over or go check out this anomaly and bring back any artifacts.

No shit. Werejew is actively developing it and has been rebuilding it from the ground up to be more efficient. Report your issues on the git, nigger.

bitbucket.org/xarshi/warfare/wiki/Home#!home

Why haven't you joined Duty yet anons?

I just finished getting CoC up and working… I'm going to slowly start adding mods and see when I hit a roadblock.

STCoP, Outfit Addon, Autumnal Winds and SWTC.

How is STCoP vs AO3.1?

Less meme guns, some better animations, better economy, better overall balance.

It's also being actively developed by darryl123 and there is a metric fuckton of changes coming in the next version.

bitbucket.org/Darryl123/call-of-chernobyl-official-addons/commits/all

I might wait for the next version and try it out then. I hear it makes the ai a little less accurate but honestly even with hardcore aim off they're a bit too effective in AO3.1 for ironman. AO3.1 also has weirdly low damage when shooting other stalkers, does STCoP improve that?

Lovely, now the 7.62x25 ammo won't be worthless.
Not bad, shame no fucker ever adds the L1A1.

STCoP has higher weapon damage, yeah, but if you want realistic damage, just use my damage fix: mega.nz/#!FENTRajQ!cGzv8PPVzJ9M2gnHS-ajIdQYHMTunm1LC8MszDL3iQw

Works for STCoP and AO, but if you use it with AO, and decide to use the increased NPC accuracy profile, don't copy over weapons.ltx, it's not needed in AO.

>STCoP has higher weapon damage, yeah, but if you want realistic damage, just use my damage fix: mega.nz/#!FENTRajQ!cGzv8PPVzJ9M2gnHS-ajIdQYHMTunm1LC8MszDL3iQw
Looks good, what changes does it make specifically?

Modifies the bone multipliers in m_stalker. Lethal headshots, and realistically damaging torso hits. Doesn't fuck with mutants since I find that if they aren't at least a little bit spongy they just aren't a threat.

The values were set after extensive testing with STCoP, but it'll still be fine with AO; you're just going to have slightly less damaging body shots in practice since AOs damage is on the lower end for non-ridiculous AP ammo.

And by slightly less damaging body shots I mean compared to STCoP, not 'vanilla' AO.

Right, will try it out then (might tweak the headshots down a bit since I'm on ironman unless they don't apply to your character also). Have you thought about offering your changes to the STCoP dev? He could always include them as an optional file in the download or as instructions in a readme. Hell upload them to moddb as an addon.
Too fucking true, I've seen people shrug off multiple close-range 7.62x54r shots in fairly low-tier armour.

I want rapefugees to shove their shit threads and fuck off.

They always seemed like edgy military roleplayers in black uniforms to me back then.

Freedom on the other hand are total bros.

Well they were founded by ex-military stalkers.
If you want to fuck mutants and smoke weed all day sure. If you want to actually achieve anything pick any other faction, even Bandits want to make money.

Sure, sounds good.

No they don't apply to your character, m_stalker is only human NPCs. If you wanted to fuck with your character's bone multipliers, you'd do so in actor.ltx.
When the next version of STCoP comes out I'm going to fully revamp that damage tweak for the new damage values, and include several optional profiles relating to NPC accuracy, detection, fire queues and reaction time, along with different damage multipliers so you'll be able to pick and choose to get your "optimal" experience out of the box. At that point, I'll do a proper release on moddb.

I normally just post my shit o

*I normally just post my shit on cuckchan /sg/, since unfortunately there's like

what's STCoP?

You say that now, what if the bloodsucker gets pregnant?

Right, I've dabbled with editing shit before but I'm no expert. The changes sound good, I've got no problem with dying in ironman but it's bullshit to lose hours of progress because the fuckers can tank entire magazines at close range.
Sounds good to me. CoC's ironman has finally allowed me to recapture some of that 'new player' feeling. With realistic weapon damage there are only two lasting annoyances to fix: you can't stack multiple upgrades when using delayed upgrades as an option and you can't pay for fast travel like in CS (was it CoP? I forget which let you do it since most of my time is spent in SoC).
>*I normally just post my shit on cuckchan /sg/, since unfortunately there's like

One of the three main weapon mods for CoC (the freeplay mod that adds all three game's maps together).

all three games'* this is what autism looks like.

Take full responsibility and live together in the woods far away from human/bloodsucker society where we would get judged and hated by the rest of the world.

As if we needed more proof Freedomers are mentally ill.

Oh that won't be a problem, you'll do about the same amount of damage enemies with equivalent armor deal to you on Master.

I exclusively play on ironmeme as well, and damage sponge bullshit (against human enemies) is something I just won't tolerate. Highly lethal two-way gunplay for that edge of your seat, pant-shitting intensity is fucking great.

Get that stick out of your ass and have fun for once

Lovely.
Yes, I also love that it doesn't limit you to one save/delete a save as soon as you load it as many ironman modes do to stop you 'cheating'. It's inconvenient, particularly if you crash, and frankly if I wanted to cheat I'd just backup my saves manually. It's a shame you can't do story mode as a Bandit anymore, is it because you can't talk to Doc?

Fun is for anarchists and bandits.

is there a reasonable way to make money in vanilla CoC?

I always add the mod to lower the buy condition for weapons.

(checked)
Dubs say it's true

Sell mutant parts to other Ecologists traders. If you are hostile to them, sell them to other stalkers. That usually is a very decent way to get money, especially if its from the stronger mutants.

I honestly don't know. I play as Freedom because bloodsucker is for fug or Mercs 90% of the time.

Sell artifacts to Beard, sell mutant parts to Sakharov, sell ammo and explosives to random stalkers (different factions of random stalkers buy ammo for different prices, often way the fuck more than traders). I don't even loot guns unless I plan on repairing and using them.

I always sold weapons I picked up in the other games so I'm kinda used to doing that. My autism keeps me from enjoying it otherwise.

Artefacts and mutant parts. Controller, Chimera and Pseudogiant parts (not the food, the tails/eyes/claws) can be sold to Ecologist or Duty traders for thousands each. Otherwise do quests for people traders and other people. Also getting guns for people who ask for them is lucrative as all shit. Otherwise try starting as Duty and run the first three arena fights + fight the pseudodog with 30 seconds + knife it (every mutant dies easily to knives). I'm not sure if it's an AO3.1 thing but a pseduogiant reliably spawns in Rostok at the start of a new game and if you loot it before anyone else gets there you can sell the parts to the duty trade for fucktons.
You can do that manually too (it takes 5 minutes at most), I find 0.6 to be the best balance between profitability and annoyance.

I'm going full cheese. 100kg carry weight

anuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu cheeeeeeeeeki breeeeeki

You get 50kg already (extra if you upgrade a suit), that's more than enough if you're used to the AMK limit. Hercules will let you carry extra shit back too. Vodka, canned food and shotgun ammo is often the cause of excessive inventory weight.

Which games are worth playing? I've finished the first one, SoC, and then Clear Sky.

Any idea when that might be released? I've been thinking of doing a clean install again, but with both the main mod and the mods for the mod updating often I'd rather wait til there's enough changes for it to be worth it.

Holy shit dude. That takes some balls or a severe lack of dignity

Play CoP next. It's good. I'd say it has the most refined mechanics of all the Stalker games.

bro I know, I've played quite a bit of stalker. I know all about dem hercules drank.

It wasn't as bad as people say it is. The ending boss glitched for me though, he just stood there while I shot him. I also really liked the beginning part where you have to take over the areas in the swamp.

Your guess is as good as mine. I suspect he might end up holding it over until the next CoC release so it could be a while.

CS is pretty fun if you use AO+SRP and treat it like an action shooter instead of a proper stalker game. Makes for a good change of pace between SoC and CoP.

Asumming you're still around user: how accurate are the NPCs with the accuracy fix + hardcore AI aim on? Should I just use one if I'm after a realistic but ironman-compatible experience?

What the fuck? Does anyone know what's going on? I never had these issues with the previous two games and I installed the same equivalents of the mods there.

I think one of the graphical effects fucks it up. Maybe sun rays?

I honestly don't even know what hardcore AI aim does. I've never noticed a difference with it on or off, and I did a lot of NPC accuracy testing. I just leave it on.

The accuracy profiles reduce fire dispersions (the numerical spread multiplier) for human, non-zombified NPCs by about 25%, so they're not aimbot-tier accurate, but they're noticeably more accurate, especially at mid-long range where their base fire dispersions result in stormtrooper-tier aim.

If you prefer the slow and methodical approach to ironman, I'd say it's a good addition to up the challenge (and make enemies more competent at shooting smaller mutants from range without dumping mag after mag at dogs/rats), although do be warned that if you're using STCoP, weapons do more damage over vanilla and even AO, and that includes enemies, so pumping NPC accuracy is going to reduce their time-to-kill on you.

Also, you can swap freely between the profiles, even on the same save, so if you start an ironman run and find enemies aren't as accurate as you want them to be, save, exit, swap on the accuracy profile, and you can continue right where you left off.

Right, thanks for the explanation. I'll try it out with it upped for now. If/when you stick it on moddb you should include that in a readme so people know they can swap.

It's Absolute Nature. That amps the system requirements to the fucking moon. Try the usual suspects to increase performance (reduce the grass density and radius, disable grass shadows, etc).

Yeah when I do "full" releases I bust out the autistically detailed readmes. Each value changed will be documented, so it'll be easy for anons to see what does what and where to find it, to further tweak it themselves if they desire.

Good good.

Shotguns seem to have very low damage stats: is this because the ammo type determines it more?

Never mind, tested it myself and it does plenty of damage.

That's one of the big differences between AO and STCoP, the is really the only case where an STCoP weapon deals less damage.

In AO, each pellet does the same damage as a rifle round, despite being a ~33 caliber ~50gr pellet flying along at ~1200FPS, which realistically makes them weaker than even a 9x18 shot individually.

STCoP reduces the damage to where they realistically should be. They'll still fuck shit up, especially unarmored targets, but buckshot doesn't deal ultra-instagib damage to everything anymore.

Yeh, I've tested it a bit with azazel mode and I'm liking it so far. You can drop anyone if you've got the right gun + scope but standing in the open gets you killed quickly also. Running between cover is valid even with hardcore ai aim + the better aim tweak. Now STCoP just needs to add the FAL and it'll be perfect.

I don't get all the hate for Clear Sky. Played through it (on Master of course), beat it, and loved every second of it. Even liked it more than CoP.

So what are the best overhaul/bugfix whatever mods for someone who's downloading the trilogy right now?

None at all

I tried playing it once, and I ran into gamebreaking bugs every fucking hour of playtime. Eventually I just dropped it and went back to SoC/CoP.
CS has a shitload of problems beyond just the gamebreaking bugs, too. Pinpoint accurate artillery grenades from bandits, bullshit faction wars spawns, faction wars freezing when an AI can't figure out how to get through an area transition, many quests being bad-russian-mod-tier of annoying and confusing, the fucking machine gun in cordon, etc.
I could kind of deal with those if there wasn't ALSO the gamebreaking bugs, like quest-necessary NPCs/enemies despawning and never appearing again, crashing, save corrupting, quest chains just up and breaking/stopping partway through.

SoC and CoP are playable just fine vanilla at this point, with the latest patches. Maybe grab ZRP for SoC just in case (metacognix.com/stlkrsoc/), or Absolute Nature/Structures if you hate when one out of every 10 walls/bushes looks like an N64 game, but that should be it.

Ensure you have the proper patch for each game and you'll be fine. ZRP for Shadow of Chernobyl and SRP for Clear Sky wouldn't hurt (google will give them both) and as says a graphics mod for SoC might be necessary if you're not great on ugly games.

Alrighty, bolshoi spasiba

acktchualy you can carry up to 70kg but if you go over 50 you lose stamina a lot faster than if you were under 50

Speaking of AO and STCoP, what's the real difference between them? Which one is more liked? For some reason I've always sticked with AO.

I played Misery once ages ago and thought it was unfair bullshit. Is it still like that?

I think so.

Having just tried both out:
More snowflakey guns and ammo types (actually annoying sometimes, often only 1-2 guns will use a given calibre).
Probably more guns overall.
Has a FAL technically an STG58.
If you don't use AP ammo your do ludicrously small amounts of damage, even with AP ammo it can be silly sometimes. AI still rapes you despite this (feels unfair in action particularly on ironman).
Makes the economy a bit too easy.
Less guns and ammo types but a more balanced selection, less snowflakes.
No FAL yet but coming in the next version.
You do reasonable amounts of damage, double so if you grab that user's tweak from further up the thread.
AI is terrible at shooting, again grab that user's tweak and turn on hardcore AI aim and it works better.

As of yesterday I prefer and recommend STCoP.

Because Duty is shit like all the other factions.
Just bandits that don't announce that they're bandits
Drugies and hippies
Edgy rebels who don't follow goverment rules
See Loners
See Duty but nerdy
Men who should be keeping people out of the zone but are mostly corrupt and letting people in which causes bad shit
Nerds
Literally retarded and brainwashed
Literally just people with criminal origins
Picking a side in S.T.A.L.K.E.R is like picking your poison tbh.

Yep, all of this.

Also note that my accuracy tweak actually tightens NPC spreads by 50% (except for the crouching/standing "zoom" spreads which are untouched as they're already extremely accurate), not the 25% cited earlier. I had mixed up the two numbers between my Zombie unfucker (mega.nz/#!sEEGAaYR!NsO77tqfMua2MVEdp0-1USXTobFFpqdxxu64Duz4Xjw) which increases zombie spread by 25% among other things, as a fix for anons in /sg/ who kept having ironman runs ended by zombies sniping them across the map since the default CoC zombie vision settings are actually better than normal stalkers in some categories, allowing them to light you the fuck up from 200 yards through bushes and shit.

Technically speaking Loners are not a faction at least if we ignore how they were portrayed in Clear Sky, they're just what you default to if you aren't in any other group.

what's the most Russian kind of vodka I can get that's at most alcohol stores in America

if you got the total wine

Russia- Meaning comrade, Tobaritch takes great pride in its Russian heritage. Elegant nose and round palate with traces of toasted bread. Most award-winning Vodka in the last 5 years. "Best Buy" and 93 pts- Beverage Tasting Institute. Gold Medal- San Francisco Spirits Competiton.

Don't drink. Alcoholism is a plague.
t. Slav

Check
Check
Check

Get this game

Is there any reason to use non-exoskeleton heavy armour like Radiation Suits or Skat-9 suits in CoC with OA?

Radiation suit, not really. Poopsuit or Heavy SEVA, yeah they're both good.

You can get 90KG carrying capacity with a SEVA (2x Goldfish, 2x Bubble, 10kg upgrade) so you don't need to exofag it up if you feel exofagging is cheap.

I tried replaying Kingpin not too long ago and how in the fuck do you get rid of the waving character models?

I want to stop but it feels like something is missing every time I try

Thanks, I'm already having a SEVA like that. Ninja running is the shit!

But I just wanted another tanky alternative to the Exoskeleton. Yeah, does make you almost indestructible.

The Heavy SEVA (with the armor upgrade) is a decent Exo alternative, although the stamina regen penalty is in line with what you would get from wearing an actual exo.

Guns are worthless. If you want to make money in CoC, sell monster parts.

It also matters a great deal WHERE you sell them. Ecologists are of course the best people to sell monster parts to, and the specific best is in the bunker in Jupiter, in the back room (not the guy at the counter, that's a mechanic. You can get like 1700 for some bloodsucker tentacles, 5k for various psuedogiant parts. Most uncommon monsters have parts ranging from 2k to 5k each while the more common monsters generally sell for a few hundred each. Just two boar hoofs or flesh eyes are worth more than all but the rarest guns.

The other option of course is to sell artifacts to Beard, just one zone further north.

Do you think I'd be hated if I copied stalker in gameplay but put it in a ww2 setting? like ww2 just ended but a zone shows up in germany cause german scientists?

News soon fellow stalkers.

only if its a bad game

i find that unless i have the best detector (a bitch to get) artifacts are very rare

fucking finally. I've been bored as shit, and I want some evidence to all the stuff they're claiming

Anyone have the stalker faction ranking image? The one with the flags.

The news better be that they're gonna be launching something.
This has been the only vidya game i've been forward in 2017.

is that you PR user?

Come on user, surely theres something else you're looking forward.
I'm even looking forward for a mobile port a 2010 game.

Yes it is me…

And bad news stalkers, and I am getting a headache by saying this but the russian fellow who updated this picture on FB, which I stupidly believed would be good news too. (like I have't learned past 2 years what this usually means)
Seems to be just some stupid ass hype picture.
I went and asked "So why the MGS slogan and the picture? Will we finally have some major update to give?". And guess what he said? "No, it just creates hype"
Jesus fuck. Only thing I got out of him is that they are working for dev video which I do not trust they even complete before summer.
I am wondering why I am even bothering with the mod and the people working on it.

Thanks bruh.

That's pretty shitty, but at least they're still working on it… right?

Challenge him to sauna match :—D

Welp

Get that trash out of here

Yeah they are working on it, I have seen some shit. I am not allowed to upload latest material as its going to be in the video.

Also they would just die like the last time and I would end up in hospital.
please use archive.is/world/2010/aug/08/sauna-championship-russian-dead

what game are you goys even talking about?

moddb.com/mods/ray-of-hope-co-op-online

That's true. I lucked out and found a Svarog detector as my literal first detector in CoC in some random stash, but I don't think I ever came across a second one for the entire time I played.

Mutant parts however are a reliable source of money.

Shotguns fuck up mutants. It's always worth carrying an Eliminator and a good stack of buckshot. Personally I carry something like 120 rounds at a time, which doesn't last nearly long enough IMO.

Is it just me or are slugs 100% worthless? Even against armored targets I feel like buckshot does better, although assault rifles are a better choice both there and at mid-long range.

?

He's just being a fag.

Nah mate. All of us just aren't excited about the next open world survival crafting shoot everyone on sight Dayz clone.

I've been reliably taking people down with slugs even out of a sawn-off at medium range (using STCoP and that user's tweak).

They put attention to details. There is diversity in cars, buildings, locations..

/r/ webum of that one Call of Chernobyl mod with a large amount of vatnik influence to it, some funny music was also going on

Anyone know which mods this uses?

I watched gameplay and didn't see any crafting. It looks more like Arma than anything else, even the mission based sessions. I'm skeptical until I get to try it myself, though.

It looks like ShoC Good Old Stalker Evolution mod.

Suck it, Tarkovfags.

You mean the one with the dog skeletons and 'you cannot change the current reality'? I'm not sure that's actually a CoC mode specifically but I'll see if I've got it somewhere.

I'm too lazy to make a webm but is this the video?

I found a "st_addon_scope_4x34" in Call of Chernobyl with Aresnal Overhaul and quest mod. What's it do?

This is the bad news that myself did no want to hear. Is the truth as never in ever?

In posted pictures; why is coc spawning many npc? Is it warfare mod? This is pains for my pc.

That's how it was always supposed to be.

How do you react?

I spread my worm food, see if he's interested in stalking it.

I am being told that they are working on RoH but what I have seen trough the years on the team that is they work extremely slow. Must be the team size of the management is fucked up as they can't do it as fast as they could. The main boss man might be too overprotective on the project itself.

That is really sad. If they were more free than others could help. I am always wondering when it will release and i would be disappointed if RoH does not come this year. My internet is probably too poor to play with everyone anyway.

It was rushed and released in an unfinished state. The story and voice acting sucked and they tried to tell the story in a way that Stalker was never meant to.

But the mod really shined when it came to the classic outdoor and underground explorations. I enjoyed that a lot.

I hope they fix this shit in the so called "Directors Cut".

I think the problem was taking cut content that was specifically cut because they didn't gel with the game.

Dark Escape is a good example with the awful driving and being shot at constantly

That is true, but at least they scaled the map down unlike the CoC version which feels gigantic.

I did like the way they readded zombies into the game though.

On another note, where the hell can I buy helmets in CoC?

I'm a loner, do I have to join a faction to get access to the better ones or what?

Hmm seems to be close but the webm in question had changed Inventory texture that looks like broken TV, some NPC's had politican characters in them and the main menu texture looks like a home of some gopnik. Also it had a lot of different vodka items. The video you linked is a Clear Sky mod not a Call of Chernobyl one as it was evident that it showed the video creator could select factions and changing the portrait. Well thanks anyway for your help.

Duty trader often sells them. If you quick save then quick load in front of any trader their inventory should refresh.

Thanks. I'll try that again.

I already tried doing that quickloading a few times with Mercenary, Duty, Freedom traders and Barkeep and the guys in Zaton and Jupiter.

I remember there being advanced helmets for sale during my Bandit playthrough but I haven't seen anything like that in my Loner game yet.

I'm pretty sure I remember buying the top-tier helmet at the clear sky merchant

You get better goods from faction traders as your relationship with that faction goes up (i.e. complete quests for them).

I almost mistaken the background as a oil painting.

Thanks. Does it matter if they are quests given by normal Stalkers or do they need to be given by the leader?

Also, my faction reputation score seems to be the same all the time, but I did notice how all Loners have become friendly to me. Is the PDA display just broken?

Truly it is art.

Shouldn't matter either way. Giving people medkits if they're wounded also helps.
The PDA display just shows the default relation of your character based on his faction, not your current relation. I think it's based off one of the config folders. It's not broken but it won't update as you go, Loners being friendly means you've improved relations with their faction.

Thank you. I guess I'll do some faction grinding then.

Does raising relation with one lower relation with their enemies?

No idea, I don't think so. You could also grab DoctorX's dynamic relations mod.

I get consistently high FPS of 100+ but the game stutters for me. Any common fixes to resolve this?

I always thought it was funny how Renegades are too shitty to be actual Bandits.

I fixed it be deleting everything in my APP data folder. No crashes either.

That's how my expectations for ROH dropped like a rock. I don't want another DayZ.

Stranger things have happened in the zone, stalker

It was really just so you could fight them in the faction war tutorial + later story missions without locking out the Bandits as a faction choice.

If you're playing Call of Cherno you can actually get some decent money repairing mid tier weapons if they are around 50% damaged, selling them and of course hunting mutant parts, pseudogiants are worth anywhere from 12 to 30 thousand depending on buyer and number of parts. Artifacts are solid for cash too if you're ecologist or friendly with them, but I actually found gun selling as a bandit was good enough money to get me started.

Worth noting you can sell mutant parts to random stalkers if you aren't friendly with ecologists. Also stalkers pay fucktons more for ammo and grenades than traders and generally have 5k each to use up.

Selling M209 and GP25 grenades is also not bad. You usuallly find enough of them on random stalkers.

Anyone wonder that the people who carry these grenades never seem to have grenade launchers?

Stalkers pay more for certain types of rifle grenades than traders do and pay less for others, it's worth testing.
It does seem a bit common.

anybody remember how to run CoC without CoP by editing the registry?
I don't have enough room to have both of em.

google?

tricking it doesn't seem to cut it

Add -skip_reg to the launcher.

>play as a monolith in CoC with the warfare mod I still can't figure how it works and the dynamic faction mod
Also,can someone figure out how can you do stuff by yourself on the warfare mod?
Even faction war had a radio to do orders and let your faction capture stuff.

I wish I knew. You have to have a certain number of dudes for a certain period of time in a cap circle that's owned by a faction your guys are at war with….and I think there's a few other mechanics as well.

At any point the faction you're trying to capture/defeat can declare a "cease fire" and fuck over your push. I haven't bothered with faction war mods since it seems like the cease fire mechanic was fucked since they could push on me but I couldn't push on them.

Supposedly there will be some updates for some of the faction war mods later. I hope so because they're rather cryptic for me.

My current setup for CoC is

Thoughts? Using the suit because I found it in a stash when I only had the starter jacket and steel helmet.

Yes. Plenty. Don't think I've ever seen an NPC use a grenade launcher in CoC. Going by CoP endgame I suspect it's "The AI kills themselves 9/10, so we disabled that".

If you're using STCoP the UMP-45 is an amazing gun, upgraded it's not much heavier than a handgun and once you slap a suppressor and red dot on it it'll handily take down almost anything at short-medium range.

That is I'd upgrade from the MP5 to the UMP when you've got some cash. Only downside is the ammo is heavier but I find .45 to be at least as common as 9mm on dead stalkers, again in STCoP.

Why does he squat like filthy Western spy? Heels down, cyka.

Playing in story mode and when I disabled the Brain Scorcher one of the Monolith Fighters carried an RG-6. Killed me and him instantly because the idiot shot it in close quarters.

I had that exact question last time I installed CoC. I played Duty, but a metric fuckton of freedomers/ecologists swarmed over the Bar's Duty HQ immediately, and the endless flow of hippies was .. well, endless. I got pinned down in the bar and killed 200 or so freedomers through several save/loads, hoping to finally break the siege, but basically it was game over and I couldn't call for any duty reinforcements or do anything. Kinda ass.

Having the radio and being able to coordinate faction strikes and actually engage in faction wars was great.

Where do I find a download?

TPB

Werejew,if somehow you're here,put a text file with instructions with this on it.
'How to use:Right Click into stuff in the map and squads and hope for the best'

I think I came in from the wrong way….I used the CS route and it seemed like there was no cover for me where I spawned. I'm gonna have to bug out and take the original SoC route I think.

If they're actually spawning constantly, I would check to make sure you don't have a mod like warfare that's fucking up your spawns. Alternatively, use moddb.com/mods/call-of-chernobyl/addons/displaying-units-like-in-clear-sky#downloadsform to see spawns on your PDA map like clear sky, and you may find that it's just a densely populated area.

If you decide to use that mod, and don't play with the health values of enemies displayed, it doesn't work, so open the sim_squad_scripted.script included with it, navigate and change the following lines, found on line 1091 and 1112:

if (axr_main.config:r_value("mm_options","enable_show_enemy_health",1,false) == true) then
to
if (axr_main.config:r_value("mm_options","enable_show_enemy_health",1,false) == false) then

and then:
elseif (axr_main.config:r_value("mm_options","enable_show_enemy_health",1,false) == true) then
to
elseif (axr_main.config:r_value("mm_options","enable_show_enemy_health",1,false) == false) then

I'm not using a warfare mod on this run, that thing is a hot mess.

It's just the location you spawn into from the CS route is loaded with hostile monolith.

Retreating is lame as fuck, famalam.

I got that fast travel mod so it ain't no thing.

Is it fully working yet, or do you still need to quicksave near the fast travel points to activate them?

I think you still have to quick save.

By the way.Does anyone knows how to get the toolboxes for the modifier?
I just want to shove a scope on the SKS and call it a day.

You find them in stashes. They have a much better chance of spawning if you get the stash coordinates from someone. Funnily enough Basic Tools are the rarest.

Either do quests for stalkers or interrogate surrendering enemies, but I think that only works if you belong to a faction. Never even once happened when I was playing Loner.

Alternatively just do faction quests until you raise your reputation high enough for tools to appear in a trader's wares.

Some traders sell them, at least if you have STCoP installed. I've had good luck with the Yanov station traders.

Also the grenades are never useless junk, they'll make you rich as shit. Sell all but the Soviet P variant grenade to random stalkers and sell that variant to traders instead.

I made it to the wish granter but the game crashed after I wished for the zone to disappear…

2 spooky 4 me

Now its time to find the good ending

I'm doing STCoP's "story mode" so I'm not sure what story beats it wants me to follow.

If it's wanting me to recreate the original SoC I need to find the hidden spot underneath the army base, talk to the dude there, and I think go to X18 to get codes or something…but I've already turned off the brain scorcher at RADAR and the Eco's place. I'm afraid I may have broke it but I think part of the problem is I started the story with Freedom's faction which I'm not sure was meant to run the story.

I'll try a few of the other options and see if I get crashes on them as well. I was just curious if they'd show the cut scenes or not since they showed some of the other SoC when I hit earlier story beats form SoC.

I should have wished to be rich…

To start with you have the Scorcher and the Miracle machine, these can be done any time and iirc are the only two needed for the story mode achivement. If you meet Doc (normally in the Swamps, he's neutral to everyone) he will give you a bunch of other quests like Strelok's stash, I believe there are separate from the other two. Check out DoctorX's quests mods once your done, it gives every faction a sort of story mode and integrates the original story mode too.

ohhhhhhhhhh fuck

when I wished to be immortal it turned me into a zombie…SO when I wished for the zone to disappear…it closed the game out (the zone was definitely gone at the point). The joke would have been funnier if the game wasn't so prone to crashing all the time but I kinda figured that would be the meta joke to play in this instance. Bravo Darryl123, you got me.

Now I gotta try the other wishes out…

Fuck that. I've been fooled by those assholes one too many times.
"Oh no, please don't shoot me bro, I give u-HA FUCK YOU, I steal your gun!"

I take no prisoners.

Last time I checked the first STALKER takes place in 2007. That ship has sailed, comrade.

Does CoC let you choose instead of deciding for you like SoC? I play ironman so I've not got anywhere near that.

Say wha?

My impressions of Duty and Freedom are the same: they're total bros in person and the most dependable stalkers you'll ever meet, but they're both fucking idiots.

I could just about code that shit. Turn all of one faction into "Serbian Forces" and the others can be "kebabs". Just make all the serbian forces look like military guys and skin the kebabs in bandit wear. You can could probably jerryrig an existing faction wars mod if you wanted a more active battlefield.

If I were to do any game development though I'd want to focus on making an airship game first. That or modding airships into a game I already like.

I thought it was later that that though I could be wrong, the ingame PDA will tell you for sure.

Not him but AO3.1 has a lot of guns that have ammo used only for that gun and a lot of overlap with gun types.

That's one thing I hate about this mod and CoP. Bandits are KoS for me and if I do it in STCoP as freedom it lowers my rep. As far as I know bandits are literally nigger tier and are hardly worth the bullet it takes to kill them.

It doesn't lower my rep in vanilla CoP but bandits are always neutral to me despite me gendociding them every chance I get.

In regards to modding I may go in and change the faction value to make it so I can kill bandits without losing rep.

I'll never forget when I first started playing SoC when you're just leaving the cordon and they're holding a guy at gun point right at the entrance to garbage. After that you run into that stalker camp and bandits are raiding them right afterwards. That forever ingrained in me a hatred for them.

I used to feel the same until I heard this song.

Jokes aside, I did a Bandit playthrough in CoC the other day and I must say that it's a lot of fun.

Everyone being hostile towards you means you have to worry less about identifying targets and just shooting everyone you see. It also helps that you feel like playing the Underdog.

It's basically putting more restrictions on yourself in order to have a challenge.

You can change the values in the mod's files to make Freedom and Bandits hostile, it isn't too much work. DoctorX's mods will do that for you also.

I should have read your post before replying, my apologies.

Hmm is there some sort of a trick in Call of Chernobyl Warfare mod to reclaim territory that are held by neutrals? I am asking this because the 3 territory in freedom main base is occupied by loners and for some reason they did not captured the 4th one which currently for me that means constant raid from duty will appear. Or do I need to mod in somehow a buyable explosive barrels? I don't like using the DoctorX dynamic faction as it would probably increase the clusterfuck much more then I would like to have.

Russieka

It's $7 a bottle and tastes like petrol and bad decisions

I searched through all the underground labs and now all that is remaining is to tackle the NPP.

What equipment should I use? I thought about using an Exoskeleton and taking a PKM and RG-6 with me with enough ammunition.

But there seems to be a bug in AO which fucks up the RG-6's sights and alignment.

Oh yeah I completely forget about those trip mines, I noticed as I put 1 mine and let a eco walk through it he got injured from it and is now hostile to me which leads me to another question since reputation in CoC are by default fixed could it happen that a whole faction is going to be hostile against me when I constantly use mines against them?

Listen up, Sultan wants to check em

The full animations in Dynamic HUD for Call of Chernobyl keeps crashing my game. I have STCoP and Outfits addon, anyone know how to fix the crashes?

Hey, I have done a film project for a class and have just "completed it", please r8, b8, and h8 so that I can find shit to improve- though I can't shoot any more footage I can fuck around in editing.

When they gave us freedom of theme, I obviously chose to make it about STALKER.

Two words.
visceral cringe.

The idea of presenting anything video game related let alone army themed with guns and military kit for a school project pangs of nigh CWC tier autism.

Don't even save this thing. Delete it from your HD and your youtube account.

Shoot a few minute of flowers and trees with some music in the background and save yourself some embarrassment.

Your best hope for showing this thing is that they don't immediately flag you as being a possible future school shooter.

Please be trolling, please tell you didn't show this to your class

what

said. Anything vidya related is just unbearable to watch. No amount of good production or fancy effects will save it. Scrap it and make it about the Chernobyl incident and the long aftermath. I liked it, but I'm not your professor, or the class that's going to make fun of you for for the rest of the year. At best everyone will have a very awkward expression trying to hide their cringe, at worst they will never let you live this down.

I just made something that would be easy as shit to make while actually having an aspect that would spur my autism on to actually make the damn thing.

I'm aware that it is pretty fucking autistic to make something based on a game- but take away the patch on the arm at the beginning and a few audio cues and it could be any generic dystopian horror film. Really I based it more upon Roadside Picnic as I have been reading it- though I have a couple of STALKER patches and it was easier to find audio out of STALKER rather than to find stock effects or make my own- so I took that approach that only I, or anyone else that has played STALKER would notice.

Funnily enough, my work is predicted the highest grade in my class based on cinematography, audio, editing, and most of the people that I have asked the opinion of have said that it's impressive.

If you're going to ignore what anyone says than why ask?

If someone made a video about a guy roaming around in tactical gear where they kill another guy I wouldn't be quick to criticize them either.

It being autistic isn't what I'm concerned about, I just wonder if there's anything I could do to make it better and more cohesive in terms of editing.

We've actually had a kid in the lower school be suspended for threatening to commit a school shooting before, so there's that.

My only advice to you would be to make the scenes of the stalker walking around shorter and the more camera focus. Everything else is great for what it's worth. You could pull off a youtube gig in time.

I don't know what your timeframe is but if it's super short I'm not sure what you're gonna be able to do narrative wise to fix the main issue, (killing that guy at the start or at least that's what I inferred from it.). For someone viewing it for the first time it lacks context and he comes off as more sympathetic than threatening. Then again I may be missing what you're going for.

I would cut that entirely and use more cheeki breeki footage of you sulking around hunting for stuff in a building. Just overlay some creepy music and maybe have someone run in the background wearing a feathery coat. Make sure you only catch their shadow so you create a creepy silhouette. The less screen time your monster gets the better. Make sure it isn't ever fully visible. Let the darkness and your audiences' imagination create your monster for you.

Pad out the rest with nature stuff. I don't think you have any special effects at your disposal but if you could create a distortion/fish eye lens effect on part of the screen and make it move around that might be cool as an anomaly.

Thanks man, I have questioned the walking scenes myself- I want to create suspense- while also giving viewers enough to actually engage on what's going on.
I thought that I could somehow add more of a narrative during these parts through editing- likely sound coming from a radio, but I don't know at which point I should do this, or what should be said.

I do have fun doing this stuff so I may continue doing this, maybe even going full Jew and earning Youtube shekels from it too.

My timeframe is a week at most and I don't have the ability to film at this point even if I wanted to, so more footage is impossible. I had thought of the idea of creating an anomaly through post-processing, but every time I've seen other fan films similar to mine the effect comes off rather poorly, so I'd have to experiment more.
The idea of this film is that it's meant to be a 3 minute excerpt of what would otherwise be a full 30-minute film, as according to the production brief we were given, I've just structured mine to the point that it could kind of be as it is without seeming too out of place.
In terms of the nature stuff, had we not been given a 3 minute time-limit I would've padded it out with more of a nature focus, which I got the idea of when playing Clear Sky and seeing how colourful it was in comparison to most other spoopy games which are usually very washed out- I kinda reflected it by bumping up the saturation at the start.
The idea I had for the plot is that the small segment at the start is supposed to be a flash-forward to the end where my dude has gotten a load of equipment and is on his last legs for reasons unknown with a Monolith patch around his arm, it's also unknown who the guy approaching is and if he kills my main character or not.
Then as the film actually starts, that is the true beginning and there are only small hints as to what happens later- such as him finding the Mauser holster in the box which he is seen with at the "end".
My main idea of adding more context is by having small radio clips being audible to give context to the story, though as I previously mentioned I have no clue what to have being said in these radio calls, nor when they should be.

I also made a mock-up poster for the film as part of our print section, though I've blanked my name out of it.

I haven't played STALKER in like 7 years.

What do you recommend to get back into it?

Turn off all your lights, get your hands on the cheapest vodka you can get, and squat into preferred chair and enjoy.

You can wear a tracksuit and gasmask which are optional but that certainly wouldn't hurt.

blowout soon fellow stalkers

Makes sense.

I was more distressed at how awful the LCD looks. Amazing we actually adopted these things outside of portable devices.

Does anyone here have a flow chart for modding each one of the games?

Came here to post this
Muh fucking dik, I'm as hard as diamonds right now.
Those fucking details.

Hmm welp I guess those mines are fucking useless then, I tried to kill 2 loner niggers that way and immediately some other loner nigger 1 shoted me despite I have a freedum exoskeleton, also I tried to kill them via a fuel canister that happens to be here the result is that I get 1 shotted again from one of those loner niggers behind me.

God damn it and I thought I would in for some radical experience with the warfare mod but noo loner keeps niggering my lost bases and therefore acting as a trojan horse for clear sky, duty and other niggers to attack here more often.

Yes I am fucking mad.

But

WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENNNN????

NEVER EVER
FOREVER EVER

I mean mods. What mods should I try?

its don't

Too bad you won't ever get to play it huh

Just finished my first playthrough of vanilla SOC. Looking for a good total conversion mod for my second playthrough, any suggestions?

I've tried the OGSE mod, but it seems there's some kind of bug where I can't hand in sidequests to NPCs.

Fuck you
Never Ever is dead

Autuumn Aurora 2 is pretty good

CoC with STCoP, DoctorX's questlines and ironman. Ironman in particular refreshes the game because every encounter is shitscary and anomalies need respect. It lets you save unlimited times but will delete all that character's saves on death.

I am still annoyed that it took them so long to finalize that my state went for Trump. It was like two or three days after the actual election, maybe more, that whoever was counting finally said "fuck it, it's red."

Inauthentic squatting.

Have these

I'd do CoP then CS first. For SoC AMK is good for those who want a harder experience, Lurk for those who want to play with stealth and Prioboi Story if you want the same map with a newish storyline.

All those charts are painfully out of date. There also isn't a CoC one yet.

When RoH comes out :^)

Well /vg/'s /sg/ might have newer ones. A CoC chart would be a good call.

Free will is a myth. Religion is a joke. We are all pawns of something even greater: memes, the DNA of the soul. They shape our will. They are the culture.

What's a straight answer on where to start. I tried playing unpatched a while ago but fuck that. None of these charts are even remotely comprehensible to newcomers.

Play SoC with the latest patch (1.0005 or 1.0006, they are identical for any practical purposes) and ZRP. Optionally install a graphical mod like PRZ2.

Thanks gopnik, much appreciated. I can't wait to get back into it. It was VTMB levels of immersive even in vanilla.

I'd advise also playing with the crosshair off and at Master but that's up to you. Once you finish Clear Sky needs SRP and CoP is fine with the final patch (you may want to add a native voices pack).

Webm'd as a backup if the video gets pulled. This is too good.

Thanks dude.
I am still improving it by adding different little things to enhance the whole thing.

Including a contextually-relevant version of "GET OUT OF HERE STALKER".

Thanks for the advice and the flowcharts.

Those were the kind of mods I was looking for, ones which polish up the vanilla storyline with a fair amount of additional content put on top. If Lurk does all of that and improves the stealth, then that seems like the best choice, since I was wanting to do a stealth run my second time through.

Is Clear Sky still worth playing?

If I remember correctly Lurk 1.0 is simpler, 1.1 adds a fuckton of weapons and ammo types (more than you'd enjoy if you aren't a /k/ommando).
Opinions vary. For my money it's got a few great parts and a lot of average parts. The biggest flaws are the half-working faction war, the lack of atmosphere exceptions for the Swamp bloodsucker and Red Forest at night, don't do Red Forest at night and the shit-tier ending. I'd play both it and CoP (which itself is weaker than SoC in some ways) before I settled down for a replay of the first game but that's up to you.

That's 1.05 rather than 1.0, it's been a while. If you find yourself hating 1.1 try 1.05 instead. 1.1 also does things like removing the hud while 1.05 keeps closer to vanilla difficulty.

New audio.
Whaddya' think?

fug :DDD
my heagphones :DDD

I did not need my ears anyway. Works for me though, I might distort it a bit less, it kind of 'jumps' from that to quiet a bit sharply though maybe it works better in context.

Shake the frame more, gif related.

I don't mind the HUD removal or the additional weapons, so I'll go with 1.1

I never bought Clear Sky because I'd heard it wasn't particularly good. Are there any mods besides bugfixes which might make it more worthwhile?

theres no iron sights

Shit, sorry for not putting a warning about that- my headphones are pretty weak.
The jump is supposed to be that quick, as the quiet audio is supposed to lure the viewer into a false sense of security, before they get spooped and their ears get detonated- also emphasizing how severe the blowout is.

I may try doing that, though kdenlive doesn't have a proper shake effect, there are ways of doing it, like in the embed.

Faction Wars turns it into full on warfare but you'll lose the story. Otherwise I'm honestly not sure.

Then fair enough.

I'll probably save the Faction Wars content for Call of Chernobyl, which I'll play after I've completed CoP.

I'll see if I'm in the mood for more stalker after my playthrough of CoP and my second run of SoC before I consider buying Clear Sky. Those two games may end up being enough for me, though I enjoyed SoC immensely.

You've got the filming and editing talent, but you lack theme and autistic attention to detail.

Instead of basing it solely off the games, you could have found a nice middle ground between Tarkovsky's movie, the game, and Roadside Picnic.

Some nitpicky things that I noticed:
>London Bridge doesn't seem to work at all. Substitute a Nautilus Pompilius song - maybe Zveri (youtube.com/watch?v=yH6kThcj5EU) then distort it and slow it a bit

Here's some of my personal urbex stuff from years back. I've heard rumors of patrols to stop copper thieves, but never saw anyone. Every building I visited has been destroyed since, and the area has been redeveloped. This is as genuine a look as you can get at a military base a few years after being abandoned.

If you want suspense on something as mundane as walking, slow it down a bit and add 1 or 2 awkward pauses at random intervals. If you can't make your mind up about using voices, it's best to make it "silent".
Do it and shill it here.

Moar.

Good call.
You really shouldn't pay for any of them all considered. The devs have been shut down and the man profiting from the games is directly responsible.
Easily the best of the three in my opinion.

Last 3.

It's a shame the area got developed, because a buddy of mine told me about a set of tunnels underneath it all. I've located several entry points, but none of them are positioned well for a subtle entry, especially given that I'll need to cut or break a lock.

Essential mod list for SoC? No total conversions please, just something that makes base version better. Any charts floating around?

These places look beautiful, user. Aren't abandoned military bases sorta off limits? I know they're abandoned and such, but they're still government land.

Just wear a reflective jacket and a hard hat, nobody will question what you're doing.

I answered both of these maybe 30 posts above you but I'll spoonfeed. How close do you want to vanilla? The closest you'd get is ZRP + PRZ2 (or another graphics mod) and a minimod to allow you to repair weapons. AA2 is more like vanilla+ and is also pretty good for a second time through.

In this case, they turned the land over to the town after it was closed down. What I was doing was certainly no more legal than normal urbex is, but I was being cautious and stayed out of sight when not moving between buildings.

If I do go down there, that'll probably be how. What I'm most worried about is atmosphere, I'd want someone on standby with SCBA (if I wasn't using it myself) and that's harder to explain away.

Highly recommend AA2. It's not terribly different from vanilla, mostly the addition of a handful of guns and 7.62 NATO, and the graphics are top-tier. The addition of guns is actually pretty well done, with some rare ones to reward you for exploration and some common ones like the PP-19 to add to the piles of banditshit lying around.

Good call, underground shit is pretty dangerous. You might be able to get away with just taking one of those devices that measures what's in the atmosphere though. If anyone asks you just tell them you're testing for it.

Also adds an FAL, best raifu.

Will try AA2 then. Will repair kits mod moddb.com/mods/repair-kits-revamped
work with AA2 weapons? Never modded stalker games before.

Quick, post rhodies.

FAL best raifu indeed. Was also thrilled that they included the Saiga, although mag-based reloads almost feel OP against mutants. Then again, they seem to hit like trucks, and armor gets torn up kinda fast.

One of those will cost me significantly more than SCBA, is not as failproof as SCBA, and cannot be borrowed from the local fire department via my EMT buddy.

AA2 has its own repair kits, separate ones for armor and weapons. You can also pay some vendors for repairs, if I recall, but it's pretty expensive.

AA2 shouldn't need a repair kits mod, almost every major mod for SoC comes with one (ZRP is strictly bugfixes, PRZ2 strictly a graphical upgrade so neither does).

Oh okay, that makes things easy. I think playing stalker was the last time i had real fun playing vidya.

Wooden furniture > babyshit furniture.

Well there is that. If you do go down you must wear a headlamp for maximum stalker.

I will add to this for anyone else who cares: ZRP nowadays comes with optional configurations to enable weapon and armour repair anyway, you won't need a mod for that if you read the readme when installing ZRP.

Out of interest, what is the story behind GSC's closure? I'm not really familiar with what happened, I only know that some former GSC members left to form 4A Games.

>>>/argentina/
>>>/britpol/

As far as I know Sergey didn't want to fund another ambitious but hard-to-make game in STALKER 2 (SoC took years to make, many thought it was vapourware) and shut down GSC because he'd already made his money. They have since been reformed but few - if any - of the original staff are around.

Right arm of the free world nigger. Also at least the FAL doesn't melt in the sun.

4A games were ex Stalkan devs, mostly programmers that got tired of Sergays kikery and left before SoC or Xray were finished in 2006.
GSC used Xray and what it had left from the non source code savy programmers to make the sequels which CS sold badly and CoP sold decently, they had enough to make Stalkan 2 but probably due to having barely any talent left and wasting too many assets on it they dissolved in 2011 only to be back again in 2014.

I like what they're doing with Cossacks 3, it bummed me out that they didn't really make a sequel, just a Remake of 1, but its pretty much Age of Empires HD and after a meh launch is actually picking up.

I think they still own the full rights of S.T.A.L.K.E.R but I'd rather not see them touch it, I don't think they have the resources or talent left to make another rough gem such has that, I could only see it happening if Cossacks 3 got even more popular and they hired mod talentin, but I don't think neither of the two is likely.

They were loaded with money for S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2, and had a huge dev team at the time of cancellation.

To understand the kikery behind GSC, keep in mind that during SoC's development, they had about 40 people working at the studio. There were 6 cars in the lot. Three of them were Sergei's.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 was cancelled pretty much solely because Sergei didn't feel like putting the work into it. What most people don't know is that there's a huge S.T.A.L.K.E.R. book series that's moderately popular in slavland, despite the fact that all but the first few are the literary equivalent to Wii U shovelware. That's a recurring source of income for Sergoy, so he decided to just cancel the game and live off of that. No notice, no warning, just sent the entire dev team packing. Presumably his collection of sports cars is getting stale, hence Cossacks 3 being worked on now.

With all this in mind, please, don't buy Cossacks. Pirate it. GSC doesn't deserve your money.

I-it's a feature!

This can't be real

(checked)
Ehh, did his relatives used his car or something?

He really likes expensive cars.

Who are you quoting, user-kun?

Yes, a melting plastic gun. It just happened to also be made by FN. Why so defensive?

Because FN is the bestest and everyone else is shit.

Kek

F

He gets to show them off.

It is. I'm trying to find the exact interview, but someone interviewed a bunch of people from 4A (Metro series), Vostok (Survarium), and West (failed kickstarters) and there was a lot of interesting insight to GSC's culture. Sounds like the 4A guys ended up best after it all. IIRC that team was formed by people who left after SoC.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 even had investors, so Sergei's excuse of "not enuf money" doesn't hold water, even if you ignore the fact that he's rich enough to fund it himself singlehandedly. And if that kikery isn't even enough for you, Vostok - the team that was working on S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2, tried to get the IP from Sergei so they could keep developing the project they'd been working on for several years at that point, and he just gave them a flat no - no negotiation, no licensing, nothing. No S.T.A.L.K.E.R. allowed.

Just up your difficulty to Master [you can do it on the fly in options] and install WARFIGHTER mod, that way both you and enemies will be dying in 3~5 bodyshots.
It's fun that way

I heard there is SKAT-9 in CoC but you have to find it at map around CNPP/inside it, which sucks a lot considering that almost every trader sells exo after you unlock heavy pockets and noone has SKAT-9 to offer.

Warfighter is fucking terrible, don't do this.

Nigger before the game or engine was complete the now 4A devs were already gone.

(checked)
Ah I am sorry for making my post unclear, I meant to ask how he managed to put 3 cars on the parking lot of GSC, were the other GSC developers allowed to use his cars or he just used his relatives to do it for him?

I can't write well while being tired I guess I should take a sleep now.

Good question, I've got no idea. Maybe he's close enough to walk there and back.

Do you have a single fact to back it up?

I already play on Master, and personally I do like the vanilla balancing. Seems a reasonable and fun compromise between reality and fiction to me.

Yeah, plenty of Skats and Exoskeletons around the NPP. I got a Skat from a trader and also bought a Duty heavy armour, whatever those are called.

I can advice anyone not to take the Duty armour into heavily irradiated zones like the NPP. The health regen and armour are absolutely superb but you contantly need to use drugs to not get irradiated which is a pain in the ass. The Skat-9 is more versatile in that regard.

AO and STCoP greatly increase weapon damage. You should already be playing on Master.

This means the player dies very fast. All you need is a simple damage tweak on NPC bones to get equivalent damage from enemies to players.

Warfighter does this in a completely ass-backwards way, also fucking up the player's damage multipliers, so you have stupid gameplay breaking shit like amping up the player's head hitbox damage so you get get instantly killed by headshots, and since armor in the game (even helmets) applies a reduction to all parts, not that specific part, there is no way to prevent those random headshots, which means there's no countplay.

It's a trash mod.

Whoops, meant to say as reward for a quest.

Not for me, not with AO, at master all AIs usually downed me in 1-2 shots in fully upgraded berill/sunrine + fully upgraded sphere m12 helmet, like 5-6 shots in bandit exo.
And to take them down I needed about 20 AP shots from SIG 550/AK 12 and that's while waiting out AIs invulnerability-state pain animations or at least 3 fucking headshots off that callibre.

With WARFIGHTER it's gud - enemies die in as few shots as I do and I've got almost 1k kills in my run already

Yea, I tried to have more of a middle-ground between all three, but for the sake of the course that I am doing- it was easier to base it mainly off of STALKER as it will be examined by someone who knows absolutely nothing about my film beforehand, STALKER is generally easier to get your head around, Tarkovsky's work is beautiful but very difficult to understand, while Roadside Picnic sits somewhere in the middle due to a lack of illustration and leaving a lot of stuff to the imagination. This means that the overall theme of it suffered due to a conflict of interest between what I need to put in it, and what I actually want to put in it.

In terms of autistic attention to detail, I did have it in several aspects- though they aren't really that noticeable to most people:

(1/?)

In terms of the nitpicks:
I was originally going to use embed related as the radio music, but I have a feeling that when being examined, it could give a false perspective of where the film is actually set and may draw attention away from what is actually going on.
I was thinking of a way to make the bolt stand out more, but as it's only in one shot, and that shot has a lot of saturation that makes the corrosion and shit more prominent on it, I didn't see any reason to do anything else, at least with what I have.
This is something I have debated a lot during the making of it, the beeping heard when I turn my head has switched between the digital Geiger counter as heard currently and a more traditional Geiger counter sound, but the traditional Geiger counter sounds ever so slightly too cliche, the digital one slightly challenging what people normally come to expect.
I needed some way to make the long walking scene with the blur/fade to feel less empty, as I only have editing at my disposal- that seemed to be the only way to do it while leaving just enough narrative for the average person to kind of understand.
This was something I thought of doing, but eventually didn't- the box is actually an Amazon box I got some of my new computer parts in it, but in Britbongistan, everyone is suspicious of fucking everything and the place I filmed was a public footpath, so me carrying a beat-to-shit box would've been even worse if anyone came across me wearing full cheeki breeki gear.
The box contained the filter, the Mauser holster- which I can be seen wearing in the beginning scene too, the "artifact", and a satchel containing a PBF mask which would come into play later if I actually made a full 30-minute film.
I was thinking all of the ways in hell to make an artifact look convincing, one of the original thoughts I had was to simply not have the viewer ever see the artifact- only the light that emanates from it, but this was a problem in a scene where the artifact is the focus and emphasis is supposed to be placed on it. I thought of taking that same crystal and running some light through it to make it shine, but I couldn't find a single way to do it to make it while actually disguising it.
I know, and it really fucking irks me, but it's again due to the time constraints placed on me and the specification I have to meet, if I had my way- the whole thing would likely be twice as long than it currently is, and I'll likely make a "director's cut" version of what I have when I have completed it to have a version that actually represents what I originally envisioned.
Believe me, I tried my damnedest to find another location to film, and I scoured various Urbex websites to find good spots, but the three locations I found previously each had their own issues- one was absolutely fucking perfect, but it is land owned by the government with a load of vehicles in storage that have fuckheug insurance policies on them with an angry farmer with a shotgun watching them, the second was an industrial site that was torn to the ground a mere month before I started filming, the last was a wheat refinery if I remembered correctly, again, about a month before I started filming there were gates and security patrols placed on it. I eventually had to settle for what I had, which is ironically just a stone's throw away from my house to the point that I just walked there to film- an abandoned railway line which is now a footpath.
If I actually made the film in its supposed entirety, I would've done that over its course, as he gets new and improved equipment, his morale, posture, sanity and such all slowly weaken with time.
I know, but with my ability I don't know a decently convincing way to portray a blowout other than that.

(2/3)

STCoP does something to AI making it unable to fire accurately at you at any distance, hence it's garbage.
AO/OWR don't suffer from that weird AI nerf

There's a fix in this thread for that.

There is no such thing.

It changes a single line in weapons.ltx (hit_probability_max_dist ) which takes ~2 seconds to fix.

Well, Sunrise and Beryll more medium armours so no surprise. It also sounds a bit to me like you're not using cover properly or fight more directly.

I don't remember the pain animations to be invulnerable at all, I killed plenty while they were staggered. But the 5.56/5.45 caliber weapons really do only low to moderate damage to heavier enemies, starting with Spetsnaz.

I use an AS VAL in AO, that weapon is perfect for since it does a lot of damage and pretty much kills most enemies in 2-3 shots.

In terms of my original plan to show decay over time due to the zone fucking with my character's head, I had a very particular scene in mind that would go like this:
>Comes across a random girl in a white dress, not wearing any sort of mask Think qt Aryan wheat field girls, about 16-18 years old
>Cue a montage of small, split-second shots of the most heinous while still legal shit to be witnessed in video, through violence (such as cartel skinnings) and sexual depravity

If I actually had a production budget, a crew, and a larger ability to do what I want to do in the sort of locations I want to- I would make something that far exceeds a simple fan film for a game, I would make something that really fucks with the viewer's head and exposes them to some really depraved shit that casts light on a man going insane and the depths of human depravity, very similar to [vimeo.com/75534042]
(Vimeo embeds don't work), which I already used a section of music from, if I were to actually make this scene, I would likely use the same music.

Unfortunately, I am an utterly shit artist so I couldn't do story-boarding for this or concept art, nor do I currently have the capacity to make such a thing, so the most I could do is write a screenplay/script, which I'm sure there are already plenty of, and if it was picked up, it likely wouldn't be to my vision anyway.

It doesn't fit at all.

I thought chodemonkey fixed that?
There's a few other notable stalker fanfilms you might want to look at for inspiration.

Yes there is, when NPC is in pain-state only headshot can damage him, if you fire at any body part he doesn't receive any damage whatsoever.
Go test it if you don't believe faget.
It's a known bug since CS/CoP which carried over to CoC.

No, there's not. It's not a bug, it's a specific function in each weapon file that can be enabled/disabled at will, and it doesn't disable damage, it just heavily reduces damage to that bone for X seconds. You don't know what you're talking about.

I was under the impression it was called something like time to aim and only made damage do progressively less per hit. I have not dug into the files to check it myself.

Just keep shooting. Always works for me. I have never seen that happen during my playtime.

Correct. Setting time_to_aim to 0 in each weapon completely removes that effect.

wow you must be a microsoft employee
If it's weapon related then is there any mod-fix for it? Or just tell me already what do I need to edit myself to disable it.

The mask is from bleach if you want shiggy even harder

It's definitely something that western spy should drink.

If you're unsure about something, just ask next time instead of making shit up and acting like a bitch about it.

To me it's still a bug, even if they implemented it in on purpose, mr blyatnik :^)

Holyshit
3 fucking seconds of nodamage

It's not no damage, it's just severely reduced damage (I have no idea what the exact damage reduction is, but I'd wager it's somewhere in the neighborhood of 75%) that can definitely feel like "no damage" if you aren't using a damage multiplier tweak.

It's still something retarded that shouldn't be there.
Damage reduction for consecutive penetrations - fine, but only up to 50% and only for CONSECUTIVE hits - thats like max 100-200 milliseconds between hits max.
Having to wait 3-5 seconds between shots or the target takes 75-90% less damage? Yeah, no thanks.
It wasn't as much issue in plain CoP, and almost felt like there was no such thing in SoC, but in CoC where you often fight against groups of targets having to wait out shots at your current target, while being under fire from all other stalkers is just maximum retardation.
That forces you basically to abuse bush/obstacle leaning in such way that makes AI not fire at you at all as go-to playstyle.

Huh, I didn't know that.

I guess I just use stronger guns to make up for that. Works for me.

There are a ton of poorly thought out mechanics in the game that need to be manually unfucked.
It's not bad if you're using a damage fix like this: as it essentially just balances the effectiveness of F/A guns vs hard-hitting semi-autos. But it's awful with the default values, yes.
It's in SoC too. The other fun thing about SoC is that they implemented difficulty-based damage backwards, so weapons actually deal less damage as you turn up the difficulty (but the player loses base resistances so you still take more).

Doesn't really work either. If you're not going to go slavic for the song, you'd probably be best with What More Can I Say. Embed related.

With regards to a middle ground, you need to assume that the audience knows nothing about S.T.A.L.K.E.R./Roadside/Tarkovsky. This makes things piss-easy for you, because in lieu of faithfulness to the source material, you can use faux-depth to add beyond scenes of a guy in camo walking around. Take some inspiration from this scene, specifically the long, slow, panning shot over the water: youtube.com/watch?v=s0VJa3HmsJQ

It's deep and meaningful. The vast majority of people will have no idea of what it means, and the pseudointellectuals will argue endlessly. I'm not sure how to do it without directly ripping it off err, making it a tribute :^) but consider adding some pseudo-depth. It's kinda like how if you're considered a modern artist, you can give yourself a paint enema, shit all over a canvas, repeat with different colors, and sell it for absurd amounts of money - there's no depth intended by the artist, but people buy into the illusion. Just make sure that your music, scenery, and the shot itself play together well.

And if you haven't seen Stalker, watch it now, for the love of all things holy. If you're too lazy, at a bare minimum, visit jewtube and watch the Writer's Monologue, the Stalker's Prayer, and the Meat Grinder scene.

If you're in the UK, guns will be a bitch. Dunno if you can buy prop bullets or not, but that makes things tricky compared to the land of freedom. I'm guessing that airshit accessories are your best bet for everything.

The Zone in inherently slavic, hence my suggestion of Nautilus Pompilius.

I meant it more as a direct reference to Roadside Picnic and Tarkovsky, especially if it'll be in more than one scene later. Oh, and colorwise, later scenes with lots of trees should be washed out - it looks too lush, not the kind of thing you want to convey for what we know as Zona and what the plebs will think of as post-apocalyptic.

I didn't even recognize that as a digital geiger counter sound. The analog sound is cliche, but highly effective.

Fucking bongs. Do it anyway, and just explain that you're making a film. Splash some mud on it when you get there. Or find some cheap metal lockbox.

The problem is, at a glance, the left half of the box just looks like it's full of S&M gear. Holsters aren't easily recognizable, and the gas mask should be out of its satchel.

Worst-case, you use sleight of hand to hide the fact that there's a naked LED sitting underneath the crystal. Best-case, attach an LED with epoxy, decorate the outside with liquid electrical tape to give it the look of a fireball. Contour exposed areas with something see-through. Shit, ordinary hot glue would work wonders.

So time constraints are the big issue? Can't really be helped, I guess.

Don't rely on urbex websites. Your best bet is to explore on foot yourself. Do initial scouting with google earth, I've found a few interesting places that way. Correlate locations with normal google search results to find out if a location is still active, then scout it yourself.

Only thing I can figure is extreme CGI for the sky. Could you select blue in the same way that you do for a greenscreen, then do a shot on a field and use a fully CGI sky?

Now I won't pretend to be some artfag, I just liked Tarkovsky's S.T.A.L.K.E.R. because the depth was just within reach and the cinematography was beautiful, but if making anything Zone-related, this is paramount: there are no girls in the Zone. This is because the Zone itself IS feminine. Red's wife feels like Red is cheating on her whenever he goes into the Zone. It speaks in a woman's voice in Сталкер. And there are a few mentions in the games that I've honestly long forgotten.

If you wanted to add some sort of weird horror thing, go the route of the "Mankind must be controlled" ending for SoC. Adding straight-up gore and degenerate porn would be too edgy, while adding flash frames of the holocaust and Hiroshima babies can at least be considered pseudo-deep, something about the atrocities that mankind is capable of.

Even then, though, you should be asking yourself what the focus is. Are you depicting a journey into Zona? Are you depicting the stalker slowly breaking? What's the core idea? And most of all, how is the audience going to interpret it?

if you had actual budget, I'd tell you to hire cheap russian VAs and use them to dub any and all dialogue.

Cmon man.

Damn, I saw that music in a webm a while ago and always found it compelling how two simplistic things, a loop of a single section of a song- and Chechen war footage can be put together to produce such a moving piece of art. I know that sounds pretentious as fuck.
I figure what I might try to do is make a version where all of the intro music is replaced with that- it wouldn't score high marks as an examined piece, but to you and I, we know that it is better- so I'll simply edit a version that is the superior non-examination version.

I did watch STALKER a while ago, while having far less of an understanding of what makes a film great than I do now, I need to rewatch it.

Yea, like when we are studying various novels in my literature course, the authors likely never intended for the various comparisons between different features of the book to be made- it's all up to the reader and people revel in trying to understand amazing things that they create about a text in their own mind.

I know that the Zone is inherently slavic, though I tried to channel more of Roadside Picnic, as if my film was based within an exclusion zone in the UK- hence the lack of slavness, though I do agree in that it all works better being slav.

Yea, I may revert to using the traditional Geiger counter.

I know, fuck nosy fucks that can't keep to themselves, I am doing absolutely nothing wrong by filming in public.

Yea, I thought about having the PBF bag open, but for whatever reason, when recording, I forgot.

Yea- I may experiment in different ways about making artifacts before I perhaps make another film, this time for fun.

Yea, we have a strict 3 minute limit on our videos, this is especially difficult for me who is relying on slow, methodical shots to work, which I then have to butcher for the sake of meeting that time limit.

I have seen various different abandoned barns and shit I have wanted to explore, but they are always by the road, and I don't want an angry farmer shoving his shotgun up my ass- any ways you suggest of finding new locations?

Yea, that CGI is out of my current potential, though I am going to take the suggestion for the screen to shake.

The Zone being the woman is the idea I had in mind, the Zone fucking with the protagonist by having him hallucinate and seeing the Zone as a physical figure that while he loves the Zone, he also wants to exploit it- which results in evil. I also follow the rule of "No women in the Zone", that is why such a scene would be a shock to the viewer and them knowing something is wrong.

I could go full shitlord, and genuinely even more disturbing by not showing MUH SIXTY GORILLION, but instead showing individuals we usually don't see the recorded suffering of, such as women in Nazi Germany after the Soviets laid waste to it.

I just quickly edited together a version of the intro together with What More Can I Say, and it definitely fits the theme and the pacing more, subtle and less overt- rather than having to have the audio to insist to the viewer that "THIS IS IMPORTANT", it's far more moody.
Of course I could even go half-way, simply replace the radio music with it and remove some of the other more intrusive sounds.
What do you think?

Welcome to the wonderful world of terrorwave.

Enjoy.

It don't matter.
None a' this matters

Okay, how can you change HUD size in AA2? I've looked online and found no answer. I'm playing on 1920x1080 and I can barely see shit on compass

Not really. It was two excellently-chosen pieces of media. Simple and impactful.

Webm related, similar simplicity and packs a lot of emotional impact, especially for Holla Forums types.

Roadside Picnic, interestingly, never mentions what country it takes place in - its status as significant slav-lit comes simply from the fact that it was written in the USSR and proved to be fairly popular, not just in the east. There are a few hints that it's in Canada, iirc, but it was very slavic in nature. The term "stalker" was adopted by the people who cleaned up the CNPP in the direct aftermath, many of whom died.

Yeah, that makes things tough. At least try to pull it all together more, so it's less disjointed. Can't think of any specific stuff right now, it's late here.

Google Earth, and scouting both by car and on foot. Follow back roads. Look for industrial sites on GEarth that have signs of overgrowth, although you should be sure check the year on the watermarks of the sat photos. A lack of cars parked nearby is another good sign. And you can use StreetView where available to get a better idea of what a place looks like before you actually trek out there.

Consider the Armenian Genocide if you do go that route. It's rarely talked about.

Fits pretty well. Maybe slow down the entire scene by a little bit to decrease shake and de-emphasize the movement. The first-person cam unfortunately doesn't work terribly well with the song, but slowing the entire thing down (maybe to .7 or .8?) should alleviate it. Things also look too sharp, maybe add some blur and wash it out a little - dunno what your effects toolkit looks like.

Also, not a big fan of the splashscreen tbh. It's a little too blatant.

a waste tbh nevermind, vaporwar actually is a thing. I'm not really surprised.

Know of any other channels that make this stuff?